Forum Settings
Forums

The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v2

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 128 129 [130] 131 132 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2019 9:39 PM
Jun 2019
7kaneki7 said:
Cerebellius said:
I recently remembered this anime I watched anywhere from 3 to 6 years ago. It's been on my mind for the last week and I've been searching for it for hours now with no luck. It would be absolutely amaaazing if anyone could help me track down the anime <3.

What I remember from the anime is:

It follows a male main character who is trying to disguise the fact that he is a guy in a all girls school. He's at the school to find clues on what happened to his missing sister (I think). A couple of the girls grow suspicious of him and try to determine his true gender. There is a scene where the main character plays rock papers scissors with his class president and who losses has to take off an article of clothing and the class president tries to get him naked to find out his gender.

Another scene I remember is where the entire class is swimming in the pool at school and some characters try to flip the main character upside down so his crotch is sticking above the water but his head is under it in order to find out his gender. He ends up outsmarting his class though.

Any help is appreciated :D Imma watch the entire series once I find it lol.

I haven't read this yet but the synopsis sounds kind of similar: https://myanimelist.net/manga/820/Tenshi_Ja_Nai?q=i%27m%20no%20angel
(you should look through some of the things recommended to it as the series you are looking for may be there ^o^)

Thanks for the help! The manga you linked doesn't seem like the anime I watched but I'm going to read it anyway because it seems interesting, lol. I'll look through the recommended series as well. Have a nice day and thank you for helping me :)
Jul 5, 2019 1:52 PM
Aug 2016
Roseis said:
EchoGumdrops said:
Hi! Sorry if this is not the right place for this, please let me know!

Many many years ago, probably 9 or 10 years ago, I read a manga in the library. It was about young girls with some kind of fairy personas that battled one another in a public arena. The fairies had their own personalities and could communicate with the girls, and the whole fight was publicized on these large TV screens. I remember that the volume was much later in the series, probably past volume 10.

I feel like one of the characters had long, dark hair, but that's so common in manga that I'm not sure it's helpful.

Please please please, if you can help me identify this manga I would be so grateful. I know that it isn't Baka to Test, Accel World, or anything like that. It was very central on these young female characters. They were probably anywhere from pre-teens to young teens. I remember reading it when I was basically a pre-teen/teen myself, so it really appealed to me!!

Thank you so much if you can in any way help me. I have been furiously googling for a while but I just must not be searching the right terms or in the right places. I will do my very best to try and identify other details but it was only the one volume that I read basically 10 years ago. Thank you so much!!!!! <3

Mod edit: Post merged from a thread in Anime & Manga Recommendations.

Kind of a long shot, but maybe Angelic Layer?

THANK YOU SO MUCH, THIS IS IT!!! I really really appreciate it!!!
Jul 5, 2019 10:59 PM

Sep 2018
So I read this manga years ago and I recall it being about a doctor or something in a hospital who got dragged into an alternate dimension by one of his patients because they're some type of monster. So a lot of people are stuck in this realm and the plot twist was an unsuspecting little girl was also a monster, and cannibalized the antagonist, saving our mc.
Jul 7, 2019 8:06 AM

Aug 2018
Can someone tell me the name of every character in this image?

Jul 7, 2019 12:55 PM
Oct 2017

Can someone help me with figuring out what manga is this? I've searched everywhere but I cant find it ://
Jul 7, 2019 1:14 PM
May 2016
Can someone find this manga i am read this manga 1 year ago..

synopsis, the story base like "love and lies" but gal version. the school make new couple system. like live with same dorm and make high score for life with people they like.what is that manga?
i am forget the tittle
Jul 7, 2019 1:36 PM

Jun 2019
GimmeChocolate said:

Can someone help me with figuring out what manga is this? I've searched everywhere but I cant find it ://

@GimmeChocolate thats Persona 5's Joker and Makoto
Jul 7, 2019 1:38 PM

Jun 2019
ElLeonar said:

synopsis, the story base like "love and lies" but gal version. the school make new couple system. like live with same dorm and make high score for life with people they like.what is that manga?
i am forget the tittle

@ElLeonar the manga you are looking for is Koi to Uso
Jul 7, 2019 1:46 PM

Jun 2019
jesteri said:
So I read this manga years ago and I recall it being about a doctor or something in a hospital who got dragged into an alternate dimension by one of his patients because they're some type of monster. So a lot of people are stuck in this realm and the plot twist was an unsuspecting little girl was also a monster, and cannibalized the antagonist, saving our mc.

@jesteri I could only find 3 so far and that is
Jin
Jui-san
Isekai Yakkyoku

Do any of these by chance have what you're looking for?
Jul 7, 2019 10:12 PM

Sep 2018
MildlyRetarded said:

:c nope. Its not an isekai, think it was classified as a horror. thanks for trying though :)
Jul 7, 2019 10:20 PM

Jun 2019
jesteri said:
MildlyRetarded said:

:c nope. Its not an isekai, think it was classified as a horror. thanks for trying though :)

I see, well I will try to keep looking until I find it

is it Monster?
Jul 7, 2019 11:16 PM
May 2016
MildlyRetarded said:
ElLeonar said:

i am forget the tittle

not koi to uso but the manga is realy like koi to uso because the story base look same. the heroine is gyaruu or gal.. the story just focus on school system.. koi to uso focus on country system..
ElLeonarJul 7, 2019 11:19 PM
Jul 8, 2019 6:29 AM

Oct 2018
ElLeonar said:
MildlyRetarded said:

not koi to uso but the manga is realy like koi to uso because the story base look same. the heroine is gyaruu or gal.. the story just focus on school system.. koi to uso focus on country system..

Could it possibly be Hajimete no Gal?
nvm, similar to what you said, but doubt that this is it.
Fleeting_DreamJul 8, 2019 6:32 AM
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Jul 8, 2019 7:44 AM

Sep 2018
MildlyRetarded said:

I see, well I will try to keep looking until I find it
is it Monster?

nope. i recall it being a supernatural. the dimension they get dragged into is a cave of sorts and the monster that dragged them(random nearby people) into it like to play hunter. when the monster dies, they get sent back to the real world.
Jul 8, 2019 9:12 AM

Jun 2019
@jesteri

Hungry Joker? it sounds so similar from your description

6000 (don't know about this one tbh)
MildlyAestheticJul 8, 2019 9:16 AM
Jul 8, 2019 10:37 AM

Sep 2018
@MidlyRetarded

nope. it was kind of like claymore. i recall it being a sort of new manga.. maybe i didnt bookmark it because it got axed or something.
Jul 8, 2019 1:34 PM

Jun 2019
That or MAL doesn't have it, i'll keep looking just a bit more though.
Jul 8, 2019 8:57 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Fleeting_Dream said:
ElLeonar said:

It is highly possible for it to be Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman.. There is a score system, and the girl with who the protagonist is living with could be considered a gal.
Jul 9, 2019 1:29 AM
May 2016
Phloup said:
Fleeting_Dream said:

It is highly possible for it to be Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman.. There is a score system, and the girl with who the protagonist is living with could be considered a gal.

YEAH THATS ITS!!!!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Jul 10, 2019 8:20 PM
Jul 2019
this was ages ago i read this, but there was a manga that was a boy who came of age and was locked into a school where he gained a servant and had to fight, with magic, an old childhood friend. one of their themes was black, the other was white. the goal was to make it to the end of the schools map, and gain a key ? or something along those lines. i'm not sure. but once completing that map, they were able to leave the school.

there seemed to be something significant of him 'coming of age' in his bloodline and i remember there being a name for him, like they were both king pieces on a chessboard or something. my brain is crazy fuzzy on any other details unfortunately. i believe as they went on, they gained more servants / pieces on the board, but i can't remember much else.
Jul 11, 2019 4:08 AM

Jan 2017

#3 - Original Art by Kantoku (Konachan)
#4 - Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 11, 2019 11:58 PM

Jan 2017

Yes.
(I forgot to say , the screen is from the 19th chapter of the spin-off Manga : Koisuru Metronome.)
Alexioos95Jul 12, 2019 12:16 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 12, 2019 12:58 AM
Jul 2018

2. Apparently, it's from one of Asanagi's doujinshi but I have no idea which one.
5 and 6. Original characters in uniforms from Black Clover's special chapter, source here.
Jul 12, 2019 1:17 AM
Jul 2019
Having a hard time remembering a manga I read a few months back. It's about a guy who joins a high school performing arts club with zero experience in acting. It turns out that he actually does a great job in acting even for a beginner. Focuses on him as well as a director that helps him become a better actor. That's all I can remember so far. Would greatly appreciate some help identifying this manga!
kimhyun131Jul 12, 2019 1:20 AM
Jul 12, 2019 2:45 AM
Jul 2018
kimhyun131 said:
Having a hard time remembering a manga I read a few months back. It's about a guy who joins a high school performing arts club with zero experience in acting. It turns out that he actually does a great job in acting even for a beginner. Focuses on him as well as a director that helps him become a better actor. That's all I can remember so far. Would greatly appreciate some help identifying this manga!

Is it a new manga? Or an older one?
Maybe Kaien no Bell de Oyasumi?
Jul 12, 2019 11:10 AM

Sep 2011
kimhyun131 said:

Might be : Now Playing
Jul 12, 2019 11:55 AM
Jul 2019
Jirash said:
kimhyun131 said:

Is it a new manga? Or an older one?
Maybe Kaien no Bell de Oyasumi?

This is what I was looking for! thank you!
Jul 14, 2019 1:52 PM
May 2018
I remember Reading a historical manga where the main male lead had and wild cat (i think it was a black Panther) called miauw.

Can anyone help me with the name of this manga/manhua/manhwa
Jul 15, 2019 4:17 AM

Jun 2017
I have a picture in the spoilers down below. The character looks cute and I'd like to know where she's from. There's a tag at the top right corner, but it has nothing to do with the picture, so disregard that.

Jul 15, 2019 4:53 AM

Jan 2017
StopShot said:
I have a picture in the spoilers down below. The character looks cute and I'd like to know where she's from. There's a tag at the top right corner, but it has nothing to do with the picture, so disregard that.

Original Art (Pixiv)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 15, 2019 3:41 PM

Dec 2011
emila-chan said:
I remember Reading a historical manga where the main male lead had and wild cat (i think it was a black Panther) called miauw.

I doubt this but- could it be Tianshi Zhi Lei?
Jul 16, 2019 3:25 AM
Aug 2017
I try my luck here too...
I search for a manga, which was a bit similar to "black sun"

1. There were a war between two countrys. One of the countrys send in the battle mostly mercenarys or some people whitout much experience.
2. The other country wins this fight and takes some "war prisoners"
3. One of the main character (a man) sees one of the prisoners (a young boy) and takes him as his property, and back home the young boy gets even a collar.
4. there is something like a religion involved (maybe in both countrys) which seems a bit important.

I think the genre was Yaoi but I dont really know anymore. I hope you can help me whit that ^^°
Jul 16, 2019 4:49 AM
Jun 2017
https://i.imgur.com/BTjFp2H.jpg (gate spoiler) can anyone tell me if this from the manga or novel, also which chapter/book
Jul 16, 2019 5:38 AM

Jan 2017
damiJESUS said:
https://i.imgur.com/BTjFp2H.jpg (gate spoiler) can anyone tell me if this from the manga or novel, also which chapter/book

Gate : Jieitai Kanochi nite , Kaku Tatakaeri
Light Novel - Volume 10
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 16, 2019 8:46 AM
May 2018
CMYK said:
emila-chan said:

I doubt this but- could it be Tianshi Zhi Lei?

It isnt it,
I remember this:
When the female lead sneaked in the room of the male lead, the female lead and the Panther met. The Panther attacked her first but a view minuted later they became friends.
Jul 16, 2019 8:47 AM
May 2018
Thanks for your help anyway☺️
Jul 16, 2019 3:44 PM

Dec 2014
Help me find this manhwa, korean adult.

MC is using some sort electric device but this device explodes and MC got a special power where it can heal people fatigue and cause woman to aroused upon contact.

His female neighbor somehow mentally or physically ill and got better on contact with MC but doesn't get arouse.

Female neighbor is a masochist and enjoy being slave of her boyfriend.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jul 16, 2019 11:23 PM

Dec 2014

MC is using some sort electric device but this device explodes and MC got a special power where it can heal people fatigue and cause woman to aroused upon contact.

His female neighbor somehow mentally or physically ill and got better on contact with MC but doesn't get arouse.

Someone help pls~
Jul 17, 2019 7:13 AM

Jul 2014
aLotQuestion_ said:

Someone help pls~
I think Sweet Guy's what you're looking for.
Jul 17, 2019 7:39 AM

Dec 2014
Onii-nyan said:
I think Sweet Guy's what you're looking for.

Thanks bro!
Jul 18, 2019 9:02 AM
Jan 2019
Hi!
I'm looking for a manga in which mc has rich grandfather who wants him to take over the family bussiness but mc doesn't want that so his grandfather acts sick and mc agrees to return. Upon return he meets harem of maids from which one girl has to become his wife. So tell me its name or link. Thanks in advance for your efforts. I think it has close to hundred chapters
Jul 18, 2019 9:39 AM

Dec 2011
Overlord007 said:
Hi!
I'm looking for a manga in which mc has rich grandfather who wants him to take over the family bussiness but mc doesn't want that so his grandfather acts sick and mc agrees to return. Upon return he meets harem of maids from which one girl has to become his wife. So tell me its name or link. Thanks in advance for your efforts. I think it has close to hundred chapters

Perhaps: 8♀1♂
Jul 19, 2019 12:22 AM
Jan 2019
a while ago i saw a manga that talked about an old man master of his sect. he was dying regretting that he could not be a genius/fight at the same level of all the masters during the war. when he died he awoke and discovered that he was still alive but he was transported in the past in his old body. then he will do anything to obtain all he could to be on the same level as the other. i remember that he had a sick master and that in one chapter he gave him a medicine or something like that to help his cultivation. i forgot the name of the manga and i want to read it again can you guys help me ? thanks .
Jul 19, 2019 3:01 AM

Jan 2017
Thenar123 said:
a while ago i saw a manga that talked about an old man master of his sect. he was dying regretting that he could not be a genius/fight at the same level of all the masters during the war. when he died he awoke and discovered that he was still alive but he was transported in the past in his old body. then he will do anything to obtain all he could to be on the same level as the other. i remember that he had a sick master and that in one chapter he gave him a medicine or something like that to help his cultivation. i forgot the name of the manga and i want to read it again can you guys help me ? thanks .

Volcanic Age ? (It's a Manhwa)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 19, 2019 7:49 PM

May 2009
Posts #6564 & #6565 merged from a thread in Manga Discussion.
Jul 20, 2019 8:47 PM
Jul 21, 2019 12:29 AM

Aug 2012
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 128 129 [130] 131 132 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
9 hours ago

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

66 by Oofmastre9000 »»
11 hours ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
11 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
Yesterday, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Manga or Light Novels: Which do you prefer?

Digibutter64 - Jan 1, 2020

29 by Jutrio »»
Apr 23, 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.