Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 15, 2019 11:07 PM

Feb 2018
I liked it, though I think it could've been a lot better. The story introduction should've been more straightfoward. The action scenes were pretty basic, so I hope they improve on that. Heard they changed the staff - although I don't know which one animated this ep: the old or the new. It's pretty upsetting how the animation has been done so far, because the story has a lot of potential. One of the things I think they should've done was to make a one hour special, so they could do the whole introduction a lot more clearly. I'll keep watching the anime, but I do hope they improve the animation and the story.
Jul 16, 2019 1:03 AM
Jul 2010
If he would have asked for the arm of the girl to eat he could have regenerate. Also the girl could have regrown her arm so it would have been a win-win but noooooooo. PG-13 minds.
Jul 16, 2019 3:04 AM
Jun 2016
Honestly, just do yourself a favor and read the light novel. This trainwreck of an anime can't even begin to do it justice. I feel so bad for the author, forced to watch his own story being completely butchered and portrayed in such a grotesque, unappealing way.

This show could have been one of the best isekai's ever made if they just FOLLOWED. THE. DAMN. LIGHT. NOVEL. So far, all they've done is take out certain segments of the novel and haphazardly thrown them together, hoping the shit sticks.

Hot damn, what a waste. A great story ruined by an incompetent animation studio.
Jul 16, 2019 3:39 AM
Jun 2017
For me its way better than the 1st episode as it gives us some insights of what he is with his classmates.

Well lets see what will happen on this one
Jul 16, 2019 3:42 AM

Aug 2017
Better than the first ep, hoping for improvement in the episodes to come
Jul 16, 2019 3:58 AM

May 2015
ok it was better than the first, gonna stick for the blonde vampire loli
Jul 16, 2019 4:00 AM

Jan 2018
PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ME THE BORING KINGDOM'S SIDE.

thanks to that asshole we got this badass mc. and got to meet this lovely wife of his, Yue. god she's so cute, and legal lmao.

this is one of the few isekai's I'd enjoy lmao
Jul 16, 2019 4:28 AM

Jan 2016
I mean, being an improvement from episode 1 is hardly an achievement. But I kinda enjoyed this weeks episode. It wasn't perfect or very good but I'm now interested in how Hajime and Yue are gonna get back up. I'm a sucker for revenge stories up until the revenge, after that it mostly goes bad.

I've heard that the first arc of the LN is supposed to be really good and then the rest of them are not good but enjoyable, so I'll stick around and might even binge the LN if I find the time to do so.
Jul 16, 2019 4:40 AM

Jan 2019
Even tho the animation its kinda off at least the story its very interesting.
Looking forward for more :)
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jul 16, 2019 5:24 AM

Jul 2012
Second episode not much better than first one, I think I will drop it now and save myself a headache.
Digimon is the best Isekai
Jul 16, 2019 5:30 AM

Oct 2013
Kxrumi said:
00:01
"Bottom of the Abyss"
Well, that's actually isn't Made in Abyss

And I was asking myself constantly: "What the hell is that Abyss and why is it significant to the plot?" ;DD
Jul 16, 2019 5:30 AM
Nov 2016
Way better than the first episode, although I think they are not using a great tool which is called "Show, not tell"... they try to explain character motives, personalities through basic dialogue, like a narrator talking about the characters synopsis, which is boring. Why do I need to know that Kaori wants to get stronger? show me she wants to get stronger, show me how she tries to crawl out of bed, with a simple line I need to train, after a couple of seconds later when she finds out the main protagonist is allegedly dead with a short silence... Why do I need to hear the guy who f up the MP at the bridge crying that he is scared and parannoid... just him acting weird and scared near the characters who are on the MP side is enough... also no Need for flashbacks of episode 1... the anime is 2 episodes long, we can remember what happened and it interrupts the scene... This is not Naruto or one piece, where a flashback is about something minor looking couple hundred episodes ago, which is not playing into the plot of the anime...
Jul 16, 2019 6:32 AM
Jul 2019
Tracking how the two episode progress looks like this series will only end at vol 2 of LN in the remaining of 13 ep
Jul 16, 2019 6:42 AM

Feb 2012
I'm actually really liking this. There are a lot of worse anime out this season. This one actually has me interested in the next episode, which I can't really say for most of the others.

I know people are trashing it for seemingly no reason, but I think this'll be one that I sit back and enjoy. Nothing better than a revenge story. I can't wait to see what the people he knew think of him when he comes back, and more so, how he'll deal with them.

Character design and art is very nice, main character looks cool, heroine looks adorable and all of the other characters look suitably well designed.

The fights seem to be a bit stunted but I've seen much worse. I'm more in this for the characters than the action.

Take note writers, if you are going to make an overpowered character, the character interactions need to be very dramatic or comedic. This is the same in any medium, not just anime.
Jul 16, 2019 6:51 AM

Dec 2018
I would prefer that they would flash the prologue through a flashback, but it seems that they will simply put it aside for now, maybe afterwards or in an OVA they will show it, but the damage is already done.
Jul 16, 2019 8:28 AM

Aug 2016
Ventus_S said:
Reven-of-death said:
That's what I was actually expecting from the adaptation, a fine work that could be watched with no need to rip your eyes off, yep this episode manages to raise the anime from 2/10 to 6/10 hope it gets better by the time.

HAHAHAHHAHAA, Mal..
No wonder people say Mal has shit taste and weird marking standards.
This joke of an episode, because it's better than episode 1, yeahhh gotta raise it to a 6 because it is watchable now. Ok then.

I don't get what you're trying to reach, like it or not this episode is far better than previous one "IN MY OPINION" and I don't think you have the right to judge my opinion just because it doesn't suit you, I really hate the first episode so much that I couldn't believe anyone liked it but guess what? they've been actually a lot of people who did and I thought that doesn't make any sense but I respected their opinion and didn't call it sh** please try to be more mature than that (:
Jul 16, 2019 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
Well oh well, Episode 2's here, and it's a tad better at a mediocre, significant level.

Not just because this episode's outsourced to Pierrot Plus, that explains for the decent animation and not-so-off-putting CGI. THANK HEAVENS it wasn't Asread.

Another point to note is the protag Hajime's assistant Yue. That's about it actually.

And what's with the whole point of "the source is better"? LN readers would know better if the source was shit even before the manga and anime adaptations were on the way. The saying goes "We all come from the same fruit (isekai trope), but the leaves (story) are different." So fundamentally, please get this "source material" researched before making oblong statements, thanks.
Jul 16, 2019 9:00 AM
Apr 2009
croixgolden said:
mgtwan said:

This will be explained in the 3rd or 4th episode when Hajime and Yue finishes the last floor.
But I'll just explain it anyway: Oculs's dungeon has actually 200 floors instead of 100. He somehow bypassed the 100th floor's secret door and entered floor 1 of the 2nd part of the dungeon. So Yue is actually on floor 150.

Did you read the novel? i don't remember they explain about this ...

Yeah, it was explained in the novel (not sure if it was explained early in the story or later on, tho xD)

MaTTKingDamian said:
If he would have asked for the arm of the girl to eat he could have regenerate. Also the girl could have regrown her arm so it would have been a win-win but noooooooo. PG-13 minds.

She's not a monster, so I don't think that'll work. Besides, he's going to make his own arm.

papsoshea said:

Why does Kaori like Hajime so much? And speaking of Hajime, he sure had a change of heart from episode 1, didn't he? There is little to no world building besides the very few things episode 1 and 2 establishes so Hajime can be overpowered, everything else ended up feeling paradoxical, and that is not a good sign of quality writing. Dog shit writing.

The characters are all shallow, they are nothing but walking tropes, and if I had to make an 'educated' guess, they will never be elaborated into anything beyond that. The Narrative is just sad, boring and pathetic. And then there is the setup for the so-called 'romance'. Looks like Hajime will be your typical loser who will have terms & services to his harem: purity, devotion, and a crush on him (because plot and wish-fulfillment) are the requirements for the bimbos and loli's just to become a part of his soon-to-be otaku wet dream.

For your first question (will probally be explained eventually): Kaori started to like him after she saw Hajime kneeling toward a bullying delinquent to save another kid (happend before they became classmates). She only figured out she loved him after he fell down. She's also the main reason why Hajime was getting serverely bullied by the others (Before and after they got summoned).

Also this Harem is 100% unwanted at the start of the serie, which was one of the interesting things of the serie for me.
Quote from Tvtropes: Post-Orcus, Yue is the only thing in his mind, apart of wanting to go home, no love confession will work, no amount of seduction will sway him (other than Yue's, of course, in that case is always a Critical Success.) and he treats all other females as annoyances that should go home. The only reason the Unwanted Harem stopped being so is due to Yue, who is as devoted as Hajime, slowly getting him to approve of Shea (Bunny girl).'
mgtwanJul 18, 2019 9:51 AM
Jul 16, 2019 9:07 AM
Oct 2017
Adnash93 said:
Kxrumi said:
00:01
"Bottom of the Abyss"
Well, that's actually isn't Made in Abyss

And I was asking myself constantly: "What the hell is that Abyss and why is it significant to the plot?" ;DD
That "abyss" is like SAO's dungeon xd
Jul 16, 2019 9:17 AM

Jul 2017
it can't get any worse than this, right?
Jul 16, 2019 9:17 AM

May 2009
This anime is trash and so am I.
For some reason Im going to keep on watching, even though I think it's trash in many ways. I guess it's a good time killer.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jul 16, 2019 9:23 AM
Jan 2018
seems to be much better then the last one , but they still are failing at showing what the fuck is supposed to happening and why characters feel the why they do etc , if the flash backs where placed properly and not cut to at random intervals in the first episode then maybe it would have worked . and seriously they are just going to keep the summoning in the OP without showing it , at least it seems it touched onto the fact the MC was bullied i guess but nothing to as of why the girl likes him
Mattinator95Jul 17, 2019 6:32 AM
Jul 16, 2019 9:32 AM
Oct 2016
this episodes wa much better and organized(2nd episode adapted 30+ pages of Light Novel with bits of a prologue
Jul 16, 2019 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
This episode is definitely better than the first one.

I wonder if the pacing is right, since I'm not familiar with source.

Also, DID WE REALLY NEED THAT CLIFFHANGER? That felt so forced I actually laughed out loud.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2019 10:25 AM

Nov 2013
yep this one was a lot better than the first one... but more importantly, Yue is out =D

how tragic would it be if MC just died now, after Yue finally got a friend, gosh

also i wonder how Mc will react if/when he meets his classmates, because while a few of them hated him, there's also some who care for him as much as these 2 girls
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 16, 2019 10:33 AM

Sep 2017
I'm not gonna keep watching this anime. not interesting.
Jul 16, 2019 11:08 AM

Oct 2017
Hmm, then Hajime saved this little girl and named her Yue
Hajime is serious wounded now ,but Yue will heal him probably
I'm wondering who attacked them...
They are really deep under ground then this 'someone' can't just come right there in 10 minutes
Jul 16, 2019 1:38 PM

May 2015
well I guess it looked a little better, still doesn't make it any less awful. And we now have a loli vampire to start off the eventual harem
Jul 16, 2019 1:40 PM

May 2018
Well then Nagumo was becoming a demon, so its gonna be a matter of time when he gets out and if he does get out I wonder if he gonna go on a revenge spree......so he now has a vampire bitch.
Jul 16, 2019 5:10 PM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
Anything outside of Hajime I didn't really care for but I'm interested to see him be the GOAT.
Jul 16, 2019 6:43 PM

Sep 2015
FBI! FBI! Open up! FBI! Get away from the loli you sicko! Hands where I can see them! Disgusting!
Jul 16, 2019 9:04 PM

Dec 2010
As other's stated, this episode is 100% much more fulfilling than the 1st epi, going from the pace of this 2 episode, i could say the pace would be fine to end the anime within 3 volume of light novel.
Jul 16, 2019 9:19 PM
Jul 2019
Maybe the beginning plot in episode 3, when Yue ask about why hajime stuck in dungeon.

Sorry for my bad english..
Jul 16, 2019 10:50 PM
Jul 2019
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Well then Nagumo was becoming a demon, so its gonna be a matter of time when he gets out and if he does get out I wonder if he gonna go on a revenge spree......so he now has a vampire bitch.

Mod edit: added spolier tag
BarnaldJul 17, 2019 7:50 AM
Jul 17, 2019 12:02 AM
May 2017
It was much better than the first annoying episode..I can deal with this..I kept remembering all the awesome things which the mc does further ahead....I wanna use this anime to jog my memory so that I can start reading the novel again...I love the novel..The lack of releases made me leave it at that time...It's very satisfying and fullfilling further ahead..hope anime wont ruin it
Jul 17, 2019 2:07 AM

Apr 2018
Welp new rule in anime, being edgy makes you stronger. Yue by his side will make them really strong.
Jul 17, 2019 2:11 AM

Nov 2016
Another action + harem anime yeah, usually I will love series with this tag, I hope this can satisfy me. About the heroines, for me, the first black haired girl is no hope, I don't know why, but that's my feeling... So, I gave my hope to the blonde vampire, she is cute too :D
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jul 17, 2019 3:06 AM

Feb 2016
10/10. I am watching. I didn't read ln/m. The anime is skipping the pleasures and go point to point. I like it. I even liked how Hajime was just going away after seeing her. And she looks like a fine character. Yea, less talk, more action and healthy food.

Jul 17, 2019 7:02 AM

Aug 2016
Stepch said:
About the heroines, for me, the first black haired girl is no hope, I don't know why, but that's my feeling...

Jul 17, 2019 7:16 AM

Apr 2019
It's better than the first episode but still meh...
Jul 17, 2019 10:09 AM

Jun 2013
Best girl Yue has arrived!
Jul 17, 2019 10:25 AM

May 2015
I liked this episode. Well, I am not reading the manga or Light Novel. So probably the low score come from it, at least it will be interesting to see how Hajime and Yue go outside~
Jul 17, 2019 10:43 AM

Apr 2018
They faced the behemoth on floor 65. He fell a floor or two down after that impact. Now he starts from floor 1 and goes 50 levels down. Am I missing something important?
Isekai for the brain, CGDCT for the heart
Yuri for the pain and seiyuus for the soul.

Jul 17, 2019 12:05 PM
Mar 2015
Better than the 1st episode which is not saying much
Jul 17, 2019 12:54 PM
Jul 2019
This is getting better than 1st episode, cant wait for they meeting him
Jul 17, 2019 2:39 PM
Apr 2017
Well, the first episode was probably the worst 1st ep in anime history, this second one was far more enjoyable (then again, when tone and standards are set so low, there's nowhere to go but up).
It's still full of stupid shite ("oh I wonder why that guy behaved like a psycho, he hated hajime and someone made him fall on purpose, oh no, it couldn't be him, teeheeeeee - obviously having tits drained all the grey matter from her skull) and the flashbacks are just as obnoxious as before, but the potential to be "so garbage it's unintentionally hilarious" is all there. Honestly, it's probably worth watching.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Jul 17, 2019 9:58 PM

Oct 2016
Here are SOME exampls why it's really bad for all of you that think this is really good (btw im not saying you can't think it's good pls read the entire thing and you might see where im coming from. Thx ^-^).

Animation:
The animation is just simple and plain and has no personality to it. It's just a simlpe plain artstyle anyone could have done. They just used alot of bright colors to attract viewers and thats basically it.

Execution:
The start was horrible for mainly 3 reasons
1: Where the hell are we? That's something that should come up after at most 15 min. We didn't even get to know that until the second EP and that was one HELL of a brief background description.
2: Where is everyone from? This is another thing thats supose to come up whithin the first like 15 min.
3: What is going on? We were just thrown into action with no context of all of the above so you just feel lost and dont know what is happening.

These things are essential to keep the watchers entertained and they messed all of it up.

Im just gonna put this in here. Voiceacting:
The voiceacting in itself wasn't to bad but the script are at some points just straight up cringy.

And there are alot more that is wrong with this anime so to say that it's good is just a plain lie. Sure YOU can think it's good but if you look at the anime as a whole it's pretty obvious that it's a really trashy anime

And don't say something like "But read the description" cus sure I could do that but that isn't supposed to be necessary for the simple reason of the japanese watchers that are watching it on TV (if you didnt know they dont have a description on the TV).

That's all i wanted to say thx for reading ^-^
NicoB1ueMay 2, 2020 3:18 PM
Jul 17, 2019 11:13 PM

Jul 2014
They even isekai'ed Hentai Protagonist-kun lol.

Ok this was better, even quite enjoyable imo. It seems that once we got through that chaotic introduction, the rest can work better.

The part where the culprit speaks out loud was ridiculous though lmao.

I love the design of the swordsman girl as well as the other girls. If there's one thing I like about this anime it's precisely the girls, Yue is so fucking cute and I really want to see the bunny girl.
SkyLETVJul 17, 2019 11:18 PM
Jul 17, 2019 11:47 PM

Oct 2008
That was simply lackluster meh...
we have here Shinobu v2.0
3/5.

Jul 18, 2019 3:35 AM

Jun 2017
I'm so glad I stayed up all night reading the Light Novel Volume 1 of this anime, otherwise, I don't know. Anyway, this is definitely and improvement from the first episode but still a lackluster, what a shame, I liked the novel of this one and honestly it has a soft spot in my heart, I expected a lot from this, but I can only hope for more improvements to come.

Coming from the perspective of an LN reader, they sure skipped a lot of things during this episode.

Anyway, 3/5 for this episode.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.