Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 19, 2019 12:25 PM

Jan 2010
6.35 - Isn't it a bit tooooo low? Even MAnaria friends has 6.56
It's not brilliant, but has interesting setting and some good action. I expected it to have 7.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Mar 19, 2019 12:28 PM

Jan 2019
havent watched it but sometimes that happens
battery for example which i consider pretty decent, but not great is at 5,5~ or sth lol
Mar 19, 2019 7:24 PM

Apr 2010
Horrible, HORRIBLE action. I can start counting each episodes how many boring, panning still shots there are.

Edginess is utterly ridiculous. There's an amputation in every episode.

The yuri is getting silly. How can Asuka be so dense that she can't even figure out Kurumi wants to bang her. And Tamara being in love with her too just came out of nowhere.

Mascot character is so stupid. I shake my head every time he interrupts the actions (which already has enough interruptions!) to explain some dumb detail. Is this supposed to be funny? Because it isn't.

The whole series just feels like an excuse for the author to indulge his military otaku fetishism and throw in some cute girls as an afterthought. Like Gate but way worse.
Mar 20, 2019 11:54 AM
Jul 2008
It's a great anime if you like you some gore, yuri and nice edgy stuff. People giving it low scores are the same insufferable bores that bashed Goblin Slayer.

Don't listen to the haters. The action looks great, the magical girls are cute, the amputations every episode are refreshing, because many other shows shy away from proper gore.

This show is not ashamed of its topics and you shouldn't be either.
Mar 20, 2019 3:38 PM

Jan 2010
Banshee-IV said:
Horrible, HORRIBLE action. I can start counting each episodes how many boring, panning still shots there are.

The yuri is getting silly. How can Asuka be so dense that she can't even figure out Kurumi wants to bang her. And Tamara being in love with her too just came out of nowhere.

Mascot character is so stupid. I shake my head every time he interrupts the actions (which already has enough interruptions!) to explain some dumb detail. Is this supposed to be funny? Because it isn't.

The whole series just feels like an excuse for the author to indulge his military otaku fetishism and throw in some cute girls as an afterthought. Like Gate but way worse.

Well now i see what you mean. I wrote this post when i was on 4th or 5th episode, and now that there's really one amputation after another it loses any sense. Though the first one with hostage was so surprising that i thought - wow, finally there's the evil who's actually evil and is not just talk.
Mascot character doesn't bother me and i don't pay any attention to yuri, but Asuka's indecisivness looks way out of place and i wish they made a proper protagonist with both physical and mental strength.
And I still like the special ops idea, it's cool.
Mar 20, 2019 3:41 PM

Jan 2010
Illauriel said:
It's a great anime if you like you some gore, yuri and nice edgy stuff. People giving it low scores are the same insufferable bores that bashed Goblin Slayer.

Don't listen to the haters. The action looks great, the magical girls are cute, the amputations every episode are refreshing, because many other shows shy away from proper gore.

This show is not ashamed of its topics and you shouldn't be either.

I wouldn't call it great and it's nowhere even close to Goblin Slayer. But I wish it was cause it had great potential at first, but somehow there's less and less action in each new episode.(
Mar 21, 2019 9:46 AM

Feb 2016
I read the manga and asuka is in my favorites since the first time that i read the manga.

My score will be 6.
why
* They put fanservice in anime something that does not exist in manga.
* This first arc is not above or below the average prologue arc. (they did not improved the first arc and is a bit longer with the scenes of fanservice compared with manga)
* The fight scenes was not improved in anime.

Felix-sanMar 21, 2019 9:59 AM
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Mar 21, 2019 11:44 AM

Aug 2017
The show is very disappointing. At first, I had hopes. Now, nope. They introduced a bunch of characters that I don't care and the first arc was solved by a deus ex machina. Also, there's a lot of unnecessary fanservice when the animation is still shit.

Strangely, Manaria Friends is worse than this.
NurguburuMar 21, 2019 11:52 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 30, 2019 12:49 AM
Oct 2016
Horrible. Just horrible.
Mar 30, 2019 1:07 AM

Jul 2008
It has some good commentary on post-war situations, realistic depictions of PTSD, etc. The potential is all that, but it’s bogged down by bad animation, unnecessary fanservice, and terrible pacing. A real shame, because this could have been great in the right hands.
Mar 30, 2019 3:56 AM

Mar 2011
Because this anime has a lot of weird sh*t.

Too many fetish scenes, for instance when nozo-chan was kidnapped she swallowed a lot of liquid, there was gagging, and stomach deformation.

Kurumi's torture scenes.

Some disas looks like muscular stuff toys.

Some people cant stand those.

I support this anime and want another season. Hope people doesn't get turn off too much.
Mar 30, 2019 12:54 PM

Aug 2018
I have to admit that episode 1 was either you already dislike the show or either it caught your curiosity.

If you fall for solution 1, you won't appreciate the whole season since the animation doesn't improve & a lot of scenes aren't positively memorable (torture scenes, blood massacre of civilians, etc).

If you fall for solution 2, you might find an interesting mature & modern magical girl show, contrasting weird creatures (c'mon, Disas had such a ridiculous design that didn't fit human's cruelty and global violence) fighting grown-up teenagers who don't hesitate to kill with either flamethrower, knife, assault rifle or anything magic.

As I learned from some friends who started the show, they really disliked the enemies' design, the general animation and the high degree of violence (for a magical girl show as they said).
Mar 30, 2019 1:14 PM

Apr 2016
1. Is a magical girls anime.. Already bad
2. Bad story.
3. Useless fan service
4. Stupid yuri
5. That f*cking mascot who interrupted the action with stupid explanations
6. kurumi torture scenes
and so on

Mar 31, 2019 7:17 AM

May 2012
It deserve much higher score

ALso, the fan service and torture makes the anime even more entertaining. I love kurumi torture scene a lot, and I want to see more

Mar 31, 2019 11:19 AM

Jan 2016
I think it is a cool concept (magical girls dealing with trauma from a brutal war) but had mediocre execution.

The tone was all over the place (the beach episode which jumped back and forth between torture, fanservice, tragedy and then ecchi being the worst example).

I found most of the cast flat and/or annoying, though Asuka was a strong (but not) great lead.

Art style isn’t appealing and the animation is too often poor.

The edginess is a little forced even if it is occasionally done well.

It’s hard to say what this anime does well but it isn’t hard to explain the many things it does bad or or is only average at.

All that said I still enjoyed the anime but I can not say it was very well done.
Mar 31, 2019 10:10 PM
Mar 2017
There are some chases when some animes had low or average score in this site and later the score was increased or lowered. This in particular is the chase where could stay in the middle of average or going down to the low.

This is the disappointment for having an interesting concepts and moments here and there in the show mixed with a lot of problems, maybe more then the positive aspects of the show, wich is possible to see and make this as an above average or just average to just a bad anime, somehow i really can understand.

Shitty Character design, lack of animations in some of the action scenes with bad use of static images, turning this scenes really awfull to watch, the whole unnecessary use of the bad design just for the fanservice scenes, etc.
Apr 4, 2019 7:12 PM
Apr 2015
It deserves it. I bought the manga and had high hopes it would be good, enjoyed it, and liked the first few episodes of the anime but it slowly got worse over time, and looking back on the manga it sucked, Banshee-IV here explained it better than I could why this is a besmirching on the magical girl anime genre. Not to mention, episode 12's not only added in a torture scene which is giving me implications that to quote IHE, somewhere buried deep within the bowels of this thing, is a truly dark and depressing story about a psycho having an inner war with himself who's created a construct out of the predator part of his being named War Nurse Kurumi Mugen, and a certain element that existed in the manga that was added in makes me feel a certain squad with guns will break down my door and how it somehow was legally licensed here... I never thought I'd find a magical girl anime that's WORSE than Sailor Moon Crystal seasons 1-2, and I fucking DETEST those.

I'm sticking with Raising Project instead, hoping the Restart arc or the Magical Daisy anime in that series will get an anime adaptation, same thing with Unmagical Girl.
Jul 15, 2019 8:29 AM
May 2008
I've seen every review of this show available in english, and if there's one 100% guarantee, it's that the more intelligent and capable the critic, the more they like the show. You may extrapolate the rest from there.
Jul 15, 2019 7:00 PM

May 2018
Because is garbage
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Jul 19, 2019 6:26 AM
May 2008
Lu4n4264 said:
Because is garbage

I don't wanna say I rest my case, but...
Jan 8, 2021 5:52 AM
Jan 2021
Well, because it has lots of gore and really brutal scenes like the torture scenes. That drives many weaklings that cant handle the gore. So they give it really low score.

Same thing is with nudity or lgbtq elements, they tend to lower the score too especially on a series that does not have lgbtq elements as focus.

I think this was great show and way better than madoka in every way.
Mar 24, 2021 11:01 AM

Nov 2014
Banshee-IV said:

well said man. let's not forget about the "acting cool but wanna be loved" main but cringe. also let's not forget about the unnecesary fanservice in a military mahou shoujo anime horrible animation and random panty shots. even the ecchi scenes were horrible. they thought that if they make it gore and shit people would ignore the abomination this story is .
Oct 7, 2021 2:59 AM

Aug 2018
Mostly because most MAL voters (and anime viewers in general) are miserable followers of the big dogs in their pack. Independent thinking amongst them is quire rare. The big dogs said Asuka was bad mostly because they were sexually attracted to Iizuka and as a result they realized they were latent homosexuals.

There's nothing wrong with the series, it's a lurid and fun ride all the way through.

thepath said:
It deserve much higher score

ALso, the fan service and torture makes the anime even more entertaining. I love kurumi torture scene a lot, and I want to see more

woof! woof!
NoviSunDec 15, 2021 1:40 AM
Nov 1, 2021 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
Even garbage get picked up at least once a week.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 4, 2022 3:50 PM
Apr 2012
I'm pretty sure I'm watching the episodes in order, yet they sometimes feel completely out of order or even just scenes within one episode don't have a defined time and place or even context. it's not as bad as Peach Boy Riverside, but still irritating and just bad writing.
Feb 27, 2022 8:52 PM
Oct 2021
The anime was not that bad. I'll give 6/10 :D
Jun 7, 2022 4:53 AM

Jul 2015
Cringe, out of place and over the top yuri scenes are the biggest factor. Almost every girl is a thirsty lesbian. It's actually looks worse than any woke garbage and that is saying a lot.
I mean, if you are a Crusader and think that lesbian relationships are just a fetish, then you'd love this shit, but if you don't have shit taste, then it's "meh" at best.

Also, Chisato is the victim here and she deserves better.
PiromyslJun 7, 2022 6:51 AM

Oct 28, 2022 12:16 AM
Oct 2015
Saijuro said:
6.35 - Isn't it a bit tooooo low? Even MAnaria friends has 6.56
It's not brilliant, but has interesting setting and some good action. I expected it to have 7.

i have not watched the anime , but i've seen the manga and its fucking amazing,
it litereally has one of the best world buildings i've seen out of any magical girl show,
the manga explains everything about the world including the spirt world,
and how they have their own NATO and warzaw pact, and the spirt world is basicly in cold war,
along with all their powers with like with plasma and how each of them have abilities that can work in specific ways etc.

this manga seems closer to WORLD trigger than to any anime stuff,
its like ghost in the shell and world trigger mixed with some metal gear stuff,

the edgyness isn't even that much,
i've read magical girl site and that shit is 400% edgier,
hell why is chainsawman and fire punch such highly rated? they are edgy as fuck, hell fired punch used to be rated like 5.7 at one point only recently did people give it a good rating wtf?
Oct 28, 2022 12:16 AM
Oct 2015
Piromysl said:
Cringe, out of place and over the top yuri scenes are the biggest factor. Almost every girl is a thirsty lesbian. It's actually looks worse than any woke garbage and that is saying a lot.
I mean, if you are a Crusader and think that lesbian relationships are just a fetish, then you'd love this shit, but if you don't have shit taste, then it's "meh" at best.

there is barely any yuri at all in the manga, so this adaptation is just shit?
aside from some one panel stuff it focuses almost entirely on world building and action
Oct 28, 2022 1:03 AM

Jul 2015
Neostorm-X said:
Piromysl said:

aside from some one panel stuff it focuses almost entirely on world building and action

PiromyslOct 28, 2022 3:16 AM

Oct 28, 2022 1:05 AM
Oct 2015
Piromysl said:
Neostorm-X said:

Asuka and Kurumi became a couple at the end, so...

FUCK got spoiled since im not at the end yet,

but still the point is, there was never any explicit fan service at least anything significant.
no more than lyrical nanoha if anything
Oct 28, 2022 7:55 AM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules: 2.e Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.

You may also use this thread if you want to talk about overrated/underrated anime. MAL has implemented a new system to take care of boosting/downvoting accounts automatically. You can read more about it here. You do not have to worry about the score being influenced by them. If it is influenced, it will be fixed after a few days.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

79 by gilsao157 »»
Apr 15, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

59 by 5hadow17 »»
Oct 16, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2019

65 by 5hadow17 »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

39 by Serafos »»
May 19, 2023 2:12 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

38 by Serafos »»
May 18, 2023 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.