Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jul 7, 2019 2:12 PM
May 2013

ok story, at first I thought of this from another studio. but after watching, why are stories like danganronpa. apparently in the same studio XD, as an anime-only, I think in the future it will be interesting if there are some characters that die.

and also in my opinion the character is less attractive. and the animation is also fairly ordinary, not good, and also not bad.
I hope the episode is not boring, for the future. because from the beginning the episode didn't look promising
ozyvanvoltaJul 7, 2019 2:16 PM
Jul 7, 2019 5:30 PM

Nov 2011
I had low expectations with this anime I thought it was going to be silly and stupid...and while it is silly and stupid at points (I could really do without Aries airheadedness) it was actually really entertaining. The art, animation and VA's were amazing! Very nice first episode!

Yunhua is besto <3
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 7, 2019 9:56 PM

Dec 2016
PaleBlue said:

The way they did it in the anime is actually more realistic.

If it's more realistic, why doesn't NASA actually use this kind of manouver with a human chain every time they need to send someone outside to repair a telescope?

No, it's not realistic, it's utterly idiotic.

The logical way to deal with this kind of scenario would have been to retrieve the cable as soon as they saw both Kanata & Aries moving towards the ship, and attach the cable to someone with plenty of fuel in it's suit to move into the trayectory of Kanata & Aries and act as anchor for the incoming couple.

With a human chain, every link will move in it's own direction and in order to positionate the last human link in the correct position in a 3D enviroment with no gravity it would require for all the members to have some sort of hivemind in order to correctly move their bodies and limbs in the right angle for proper reach.
Jul 8, 2019 6:48 AM

Aug 2018
Kimurah said:
The logical way to deal with this kind of scenario would have been to retrieve the cable as soon as they saw both Kanata & Aries moving towards the ship, and attach the cable to someone with plenty of fuel in it's suit to move into the trayectory of Kanata & Aries and act as anchor for the incoming couple.

B/c teenagers with no zero-G experience thrust into a crisis situation always think logically... #eyeroll

It's not completely unrealistic; they did it; it worked; it emphasized a key theme of the show; let's move on.
Set SCE to AUX
Jul 8, 2019 7:32 AM

Apr 2019
Kimurah said:
PaleBlue said:

The way they did it in the anime is actually more realistic.

If it's more realistic, why doesn't NASA actually use this kind of manouver with a human chain every time they need to send someone outside to repair a telescope?

No, it's not realistic, it's utterly idiotic.

With a human chain, every link will move in it's own direction and in order to positionate the last human link in the correct position in a 3D enviroment with no gravity it would require for all the members to have some sort of hivemind in order to correctly move their bodies and limbs in the right angle for proper reach.

you could assume that coiling the cable/rope back would have taken longer than for aries and kanata to arrive
but don't get me wrong, this is my favourite Manga, but i totally agree with you
there was no need to change this scene for dramatic purposes, and even then
u remember when ulgar jumped out to catch kanata and aries?
technically he could have just grabbed the rope before jumping out and using his fuel to catch them, like no need to get the cable back, i mean its connected to the ship anyway, just grab part of it, then do what he did anyway, and the rest can easily then coil the rope back with them
literally could have used the exact same scene with what ulgar did, would have just needed to grab the rope and hold it

but i can also agree with Spaceship down there
Spaceship said:
Kimurah said:

B/c teenagers with no zero-G experience thrust into a crisis situation always think logically... #eyeroll

It's not completely unrealistic; they did it; it worked; it emphasized a key theme of the show; let's move on.

that is a good point and the way i justify the scene for me as well, they aren't used to life or death situations, and being in space like that, pressure can really fuck people up and kill your thought process, so yeah i agree with that as well

but its still bullshit, its not a key theme of the manga, it's explored, but its not necessary to focus on it to the extent of forcing melodramatic scenes
its not a plus point for the anime, its a minus

@Kimurah btw don't watch 7seeds, i saw you put it on your PTW, don't
they crammed 16 volumes of content into 12 episodes, its really really really bad.
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 8, 2019 10:06 AM
Jun 2019
shiro_kai said:
Mattinator95 said:

@pmso
@shiro_kai

more like a studio fuck up they used the wire in the manga

WTF, they are really desperate to have a "dramatic" moment in the first episode. I can see the direction will not be the best already. It's shame cause the idea sound interesting.

Ok I see that there are many people discussing on the apparent plot hole regarding reusing the wire to catch both of them back into the spaceship and it differs from the manga.

while the anime scene is definitely more dramatic, It actually also makes more sense.

Throwing a rope in space is not like throwing a rope on earth. The key point here is 'control'.

Firstly, the guy detached the rope to go safe the girl. So they are tumbling here and there. Do you think they could had saw the thin wire in space? with all the stars and light pollution in the back ground.

Also The guy's thrustors only have enough fuel left to boost them in the general direction of the spaceship, he don't have enough fuel to manoeuvre, which makes catching the wire even less possible.

From the space ship side even if they retrieve the wire back they can't simply throw it out into space like it's on earth, they can't control the direction and velocity just by throwing.

Therefore it's much more realistic for the anime to be that way. This is kudos to the animation studio for picking this point up.

I have high hopes for this anime. Hope the subsequent episodes are just as brainy and entertaining!
Jul 8, 2019 10:13 AM

Apr 2019
@Meeeku it does not make more sense
the problem here is not that Kanata went for the Ship, not for the Wire, thats fine.
the problem is the handchain holding movement, ulgar jumped down to catch Kanata and Aries he could have just grabbed the rope, its connected the ship, no need for getting the rope back either, just grab part of it. He jumped down either way, if he had grabbed the rope there would've been no need for any of that handchain shit.
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 8, 2019 10:17 AM

Sep 2015
Meeeku said:
shiro_kai said:

WTF, they are really desperate to have a "dramatic" moment in the first episode. I can see the direction will not be the best already. It's shame cause the idea sound interesting.

Ok I see that there are many people discussing on the apparent plot hole regarding reusing the wire to catch both of them back into the spaceship and it differs from the manga.

while the anime scene is definitely more dramatic, It actually also makes more sense.

Throwing a rope in space is not like throwing a rope on earth. The key point here is 'control'.

Firstly, the guy detached the rope to go safe the girl. So they are tumbling here and there. Do you think they could had saw the thin wire in space? with all the stars and light pollution in the back ground.

Also The guy's thrustors only have enough fuel left to boost them in the general direction of the spaceship, he don't have enough fuel to manoeuvre, which makes catching the wire even less possible.

From the space ship side even if they retrieve the wire back they can't simply throw it out into space like it's on earth, they can't control the direction and velocity just by throwing.

Therefore it's much more realistic for the anime to be that way. This is kudos to the animation studio for picking this point up.

I have high hopes for this anime. Hope the subsequent episodes are just as brainy and entertaining!

They can just follow the wire, its not lost. Director wanted to make a big impact and pulled the scene counting that people would be brain dead and do not notice this "little" change, this alone tells a lot about what he is planing ahead.

Also if he wanted to make a big moment to everyone with that scene there was thousand of better and smart ways to do it. A deadly human rope is just the laziest one and made the guy with 200 IQ look dumb af for comming out with this plan.
Jul 8, 2019 5:02 PM
Jun 2016
I loved this so much. Sometimes the transition from the art style of space to in the ship wasn't very smooth but overall I really enjoyed the look of the animation and visuals. I was really intrigued by this idea but now I am hyped.
Jul 8, 2019 6:03 PM
Jun 2019
Nim0174 said:
the problem here is not that Kanata went for the Ship, not for the Wire, thats fine.
the problem is the handchain holding movement, ulgar jumped down to catch Kanata and Aries he could have just grabbed the rope, its connected the ship, no need for getting the rope back either, just grab part of it. He jumped down either way, if he had grabbed the rope there would've been no need for any of that handchain shit.

If you understand how space works you will know that the phrase "jump down" out of the spaceship is completely wrong. There is no gravity in space, he would just be floating out of the door, not down. To go downwards, there must be a force to push hum down wards.

The "just grab the wire" phrase also doesn't make sense. Again it shows you don't have a basic understanding of how being in space works. The wire may be in another direction, To catch it he have to direct himself to the rope via the propellants in his suit. TO do that will take up so much more time and so much more things can go wrong. He can get tangled with the rope for example.

To say the least, using the rope have the risk of causing more problems then using the human hand chain.

Jul 8, 2019 6:08 PM
Jun 2019
shiro_kai said:
Meeeku said:

They can just follow the wire, its not lost. Director wanted to make a big impact and pulled the scene counting that people would be brain dead and do not notice this "little" change, this alone tells a lot about what he is planing ahead.

Also if he wanted to make a big moment to everyone with that scene there was thousand of better and smart ways to do it. A deadly human rope is just the laziest one and made the guy with 200 IQ look dumb af for comming out with this plan.

As i said in an earlier post, using the wire can cause more problems then just using the human hand chain.

I could already see a few problems with using the rope.
1) get tangled wit the rope.
2) spend too much time to try and grab the rope.
3) Most if not all of them are almost out of fuel for their suits. using the rope involved using the fuel to change direction. High chance will miss both of them.
4) They are students, not professional astronauts, they may not be trained to handle such intricate task out in space.
5) the rescue was not thoroughly planned, they did not plan for contingencies if the wire was not long enough, therefore when he detached himself from the rope the rest of the kids don't know what to do other then to just watch. When the two started to return, it's already too late to recover the wire as it is too slow.

Using the human hand chain makes the most sense in that scenario in a sense they are in full contact with each other, therefore they have more control in which direction the last person should go.

it's a spur of the moment decision.

I find this idea brilliant. The studio should be praised, it shows that they really did some research before re-doing the scene.
MeeekuJul 8, 2019 6:13 PM
Jul 8, 2019 6:32 PM

Apr 2019
Meeeku said:
Nim0174 said:

If you understand how space works you will know that the phrase "jump down" out of the spaceship is completely wrong. There is no gravity in space, he would just be floating out of the door, not down. To go downwards, there must be a force to push hum down wards.

The "just grab the wire" phrase also doesn't make sense. Again it shows you don't have a basic understanding of how being in space works. The wire may be in another direction, To catch it he have to direct himself to the rope via the propellants in his suit. TO do that will take up so much more time and so much more things can go wrong. He can get tangled with the rope for example.

To say the least, using the rope have the risk of causing more problems then using the human hand chain.

You misunderstood me.
Jump Down referred to what Ulgar did, the exact scene, the same actions Ulgar took in the Anime.

The Rope is connected to the Ship. Ulgar can grab the Rope, he is standing inside the ship. Then he can do exact same thing that he did in the Anime, then Ulgar proceeds to catch Kanata and Aries, like he did in the Anime, the only difference he is holding the rope, because he grabbed it before he went out of the Ship.

The Handchain was melodramatic and simply unnecessary.
Nim0174Jul 8, 2019 6:35 PM
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 8, 2019 7:29 PM

Sep 2015
Meeeku said:
shiro_kai said:

As i said in an earlier post, using the wire can cause more problems then just using the human hand chain.

3) Most if not all of them are almost out of fuel for their suits. using the rope involved using the fuel to change direction. High chance will miss both of them.
4) They are students, not professional astronauts, they may not be trained to handle such intricate task out in space.
5) the rescue was not thoroughly planned, they did not plan for contingencies if the wire was not long enough, therefore when he detached himself from the rope the rest of the kids don't know what to do other then to just watch. When the two started to return, it's already too late to recover the wire as it is too slow.

Using the human hand chain makes the most sense in that scenario in a sense they are in full contact with each other, therefore they have more control in which direction the last person should go.

I find this idea brilliant. The studio should be praised, it shows that they really did some research before re-doing the scene.

If that was a problem they would not have even developed it to be used in the ship, all you have to do is follow the wire from the beggining. Even if the own wire is tangled. Also. the ship is not frenetic moving the wire is not going anywhere or getting tangled in anyway.

They don't need to grab the rope, it beggining is in the ship, again, all they have to do is follow. The tip was in the same door they used to do the human rope, they showed it many times.

They don't have to use any fuel, they gonna pass really near, as the human rope proved. The human rope didn't cover thousand mile too, you know. It was just few meters. Using the wire would also take much less effort.

First: Doing a human rope in the space obviously take much more professional skills. Second: Grabing and holding a rope is not rocket science. Please.

They didn't need to recover the wire, it was never lost. It start was still at the front the the ship door. Perfectly coordenate seven people takes much more time than just one single person follow the wire. In the end the 200 IQ dude had to also plan and explain it to everyone. I'm really surprised he did it at time and everybody did it perfectly with, as you say, just few second to execute it.

Please, say that you like, but don't say it was "brilliant". This was without doubt one of the most dumb scene ever made in the story of anime. You can be sure that not a single peson read a book of psychics to develop that scene, cause that never had anything to do with the purpose of that scene. Also, guess what? If they follow the manga THEY GONNA HAVE TO USE THAT WIRE AGAIN IN THE END ANYWAY. The director did what he did for the sake of the cheap drama, its clearly. If you see the historic of the director you gonna see MANY works with excessive edgy/melodramatic moments too. It's not the first time and it's not genius.

At this point I really think You must being paid to defend such horrible idea or you just enjoy playing the devil's advocate.

shiro_kaiJul 8, 2019 9:07 PM
Jul 8, 2019 9:44 PM
Apr 2016
[quote=shiro_kai message=57931751]
Meeeku said:

Please, say that you like, but don't say it was "brilliant". This was without doubt one of the most dumb scene ever made in the story of anime. You can be sure that not a single peson read a book of psychics to develop that scene, cause that never had anything to do with the purpose of that scene. Also, guess what? If they follow the manga THEY GONNA HAVE TO USE THAT WIRE AGAIN IN THE END ANYWAY. The director did what he did for the sake of the cheap drama, its clearly. If you see the historic of the director you gonna see MANY works with excessive edgy/melodramatic moments too. It's not the first time and it's not genius.

At this point I really think You must being paid to defend such horrible idea or you just enjoy playing the devil's advocate.

"Please, say that you like, but don't say it was brilliant."
"Most dumb" "Such horrible idea"

That's hypocritical of you. Just say you don't like it and move on. Apparently people aren't allowed to think that something is good if you don't agree with them.

I loved it, it worked well for me, that's okay because that's my opinion. You hated it, you didn't think it was good, that's okay too because it's your opinion. Shut up.
Jul 9, 2019 12:12 AM
Jun 2019
shiro_kai said:
Meeeku said:

If that was a problem they would not have even developed it to be used in the ship, all you have to do is follow the wire from the beggining. Even if the own wire is tangled. Also. the ship is not frenetic moving the wire is not going anywhere or getting tangled in anyway.

They don't need to grab the rope, it beggining is in the ship, again, all they have to do is follow. The tip was in the same door they used to do the human rope, they showed it many times.

They don't have to use any fuel, they gonna pass really near, as the human rope proved. The human rope didn't cover thousand mile too, you know. It was just few meters. Using the wire would also take much less effort.

First: Doing a human rope in the space obviously take much more professional skills. Second: Grabing and holding a rope is not rocket science. Please.

They didn't need to recover the wire, it was never lost. It start was still at the front the the ship door. Perfectly coordenate seven people takes much more time than just one single person follow the wire. In the end the 200 IQ dude had to also plan and explain it to everyone. I'm really surprised he did it at time and everybody did it perfectly with, as you say, just few second to execute it.

it looks dumb to you because you have absolutely zero knowledge of how space works. You seem to believe doing things in space is as easy as doing things on earth.

Let me try to explain it to you again.

Wire is not going anywhere in the front end true, however the other parts of the wire are endlessly moving around because there is zero resistance to stop the motion in space. physics 101. Also there is the problem of securing oneself to the wire. So you see? there is so much issues with using the wire which you never for see.

They follow the rope, to where may i presume? the rope magically floats into the path of both of them? Again you failed to understand space physics.

The need the fuel to move in space. There is nothing to push in void space. again you don't know physics.

Doing a human rope is more of teamwork at the spur of the moment. To effectively use the wire requires more skill. Not to mention catching in space.

"They didn't need to recover the wire, it was never lost. It start was still at the front the the ship door. Perfectly coordenate seven people takes much more time than just one single person follow the wire. In the end the 200 IQ dude had to also plan and explain it to everyone. I'm really surprised he did it at time and everybody did it perfectly with, as you say, just few second to execute it."

If you watch how astronauts do space walks you will then understand the need to recover a lose wire out in space in order to use it again.

From your replies, it seems to me you have absolutely no knowledge of how space works and the physics behind it. if that is so then you can't say the producers are brainless while you are the ignorant one here.

Jul 9, 2019 12:24 AM
Dec 2018
Really Solid first episode! I have a special spot for great character interactions and this first episode nailed it. Very interested in what comes next and my expectations going forward are optimistic.
Jul 9, 2019 1:04 AM

Dec 2016
As someone who has read the entire manga lemme say one thing... y'all are in for a treat
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 9, 2019 8:28 AM

Sep 2015
Meeeku said:
shiro_kai said:

it looks dumb to you because you have absolutely zero knowledge of how space works. You seem to believe doing things in space is as easy as doing things on earth.

Let me try to explain it to you again.

Wire is not going anywhere in the front end true, however the other parts of the wire are endlessly moving around because there is zero resistance to stop the motion in space. physics 101. Also there is the problem of securing oneself to the wire. So you see? there is so much issues with using the wire which you never for see.

They follow the rope, to where may i presume? the rope magically floats into the path of both of them? Again you failed to understand space physics.

The need the fuel to move in space. There is nothing to push in void space. again you don't know physics.

Doing a human rope is more of teamwork at the spur of the moment. To effectively use the wire requires more skill. Not to mention catching in space.

"They didn't need to recover the wire, it was never lost. It start was still at the front the the ship door. Perfectly coordenate seven people takes much more time than just one single person follow the wire. In the end the 200 IQ dude had to also plan and explain it to everyone. I'm really surprised he did it at time and everybody did it perfectly with, as you say, just few second to execute it."

If you watch how astronauts do space walks you will then understand the need to recover a lose wire out in space in order to use it again.

From your replies, it seems to me you have absolutely no knowledge of how space works and the physics behind it. if that is so then you can't say the producers are brainless while you are the ignorant one here.

It's really tiring, can't even finish. You're right the scene deserves an Oscar and the Nobel Prize in Physics.
Jul 9, 2019 5:07 PM

Jan 2016
I'm gonna be honest here, this was amazing! The music was on point and so were the VA's. Not a lot of animation but what was animated was well done and it kept its crisp art throughout the whole episode.

The characters are really standard cliche anime characters but well-done cliches. Remember folks, there is a clear difference between being bad cliche and good cliche. For JRPG fans should know this well enough. Cliche doesn't equal bad!

A really solid first ep! Aries made me laugh out loud a couple of times
Jul 9, 2019 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
Amazing art + colours.

This has potential to be a really good show. I enjoy exploration and survival type of shows and it even has a space theme which I dig. I am looking forward to more!

TheFreycook said:
As someone who has read the entire manga lemme say one thing... y'all are in for a treat
In a good way?
Jul 9, 2019 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
Reminds me one of those Hollywood style lost in space sci-fi story writing, anime does have very good production quality, even added black bars for watching a movie feel but not doing that much feedback.

Was quite annoyed that not using the rope to catch Kanata and Aries but with everyone seem too forced to introduce a show that given idea is about team work and problem solving.

I do like to continue the show with no expectation.
Jul 10, 2019 1:37 AM

Jan 2015
I cant wait for my

my breeding stick is ready

Mayuka said:
TheFreycook said:
In a good way?
let's just say that it would be like Mr. Bones's wild ride
DiginarcissaJul 10, 2019 2:09 AM
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jul 10, 2019 4:39 AM

Apr 2019
Mayuka said:
Amazing art + colours.

This has potential to be a really good show. I enjoy exploration and survival type of shows and it even has a space theme which I dig. I am looking forward to more!

TheFreycook said:
In a good way?

if they adapt the whole thing yea, its a fantastic story, if you enjoy mysteries u will surely enjoy it
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 5:07 AM

Dec 2018
Even in the void of space males irritates me

Cute girls!! But sadly annoying males everywhere in this anime,,They have opinions, being heroes??? and the girls are even nice to them,,What!!,,,,,Hell no,, I forbid it ,,Dicks are gross and have no place in my anime,,,I only accept my lesbians waifus

Dropped for my own sake,,,This is going to be a heterosexual nightmare ,,No thanks i'm out!!!

Yuri-CrusaderJul 12, 2019 8:00 AM
Jul 10, 2019 6:08 AM

Feb 2019
Okay this anime is going to be amazing!
Jul 10, 2019 8:41 AM

Dec 2016
Mayuka said:
Amazing art + colours.

TheFreycook said:
In a good way?

Definitely in a good way, considered the manga by the end to be a 9/10 and honestly from chapter 1/episode 1 it only gets better from here
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 10, 2019 4:16 PM

Jul 2012
@TheFreycook @Nim0174 @AIDSKrillex
Awesome, thanks! I'm looking forward to more of this anime. Even if the anime does not adapt it fully, the manga is done so that's great. Nothing lost.
Jul 10, 2019 4:22 PM

Apr 2019
Mayuka said:
@TheFreycook @Nim0174 @AIDSKrillex
Awesome, thanks! I'm looking forward to more of this anime. Even if the anime does not adapt it fully, the manga is done so that's great. Nothing lost.

Well yeah some things are lost thats just a fact, but its a great adaptation so far
and they will adapt the whole Manga if they keep this pace since Ep 2 did in fact adapt 5 full chapters. Especially Ep 2 was adapted fantastically at that pace, even though a couple lines of comedy were cut off, but which i do consider positive in a sense since it can break the atmosphere at times ( i do miss one of those jokes though )
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 9:52 PM
Jan 2019
KNA1
Well, it's not a start that has impacted me, but it did not bore me. In a way, the characters get to congenialize. I'm a fan of mystery and suspense, and I think I'll see a lot of that in this anime. Also, of survival and some drama. It will be interesting to see how the characters try to overcome various difficulties to survive and get home.
I will give you a chance. It's the first time I've seen a space survival anime. I hope you do not disappoint me.

PS: 1. I think it's the second time I've seen an episode of more than 40 minutes in an anime. The first time, it was with the first episode of Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari.
2. I'm not sure if Luca is male or female xD.

"When things seem to have no hope ... act strong."
"Overcome the difficulty to reach your goal."
Jul 11, 2019 7:38 AM

Feb 2014
the comedic moments are off.. feels like they're trying hard to fit funny into serious theme, but it just doesnt blend well
Jul 11, 2019 7:55 AM

Mar 2017
I wasn't even planning to watch this (space anime isnt my thing) but one of my friends recommended it to me and im really glad! This was so good. It had just the right amount of humour and tension and the characters are all great!
Jul 11, 2019 8:29 AM

Mar 2018
Those first 6-7 minutes were boring as fuck but it slowly became enjoyable. Good set-up for coming of age and friendship story, little gay but I like it. Fun group of characters, MC girl is cute, one those girls that you can get a blowjob from on the toilet at highschool and she'll trust you won't tell anyone. That's the vibe she gives off to me at least, so cute

Look forward to story developments in both characters and plot. A lot of intrigue here
poop
Jul 11, 2019 8:46 AM

Jun 2019
Flat and sterile design of characters and settings. Too many clichés. In some small parts it is cute, but has too many nonsenses. I was expecting a more serious product, but the characters are stereotyped as hell. Sensei's death is unintentionally ridiculous... I'll watch the next episode and decide if drop it or no.
Jul 11, 2019 11:08 AM

Apr 2019
ganomed said:
BUT why didn't Zack moved the ship to save Aries first ???

id guess because the thrusters would have burned her alive
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 11, 2019 12:00 PM
Jun 2014
Nim0174 said:
ganomed said:
BUT why didn't Zack moved the ship to save Aries first ???

id guess because the thrusters would have burned her alive
don't think so, the engine is at the back and i assume the ship would face her with its front.
also, these guys would be nowhere without Zack =w=

Jul 11, 2019 9:14 PM
Feb 2009
not gonna lie the start was pretty bad thank god it picked up in the other half
Jul 12, 2019 8:03 AM
Aug 2018
can anyone explain:

in the first part she meet a old woman (man) and she told her that she did the same camp, so when the story plays in 2061 and the women had grey hair hmmm so i can expect safe space travels in the next 5 years ?
Jul 12, 2019 8:56 AM

Apr 2019
Miister said:
can anyone explain:

in the first part she meet a old woman (man) and she told her that she did the same camp, so when the story plays in 2061 and the women had grey hair hmmm so i can expect safe space travels in the next 5 years ?

heh you notice something really funny
it will be answered at the end of the show, thats actually a good indicator and foreshadowing for something later down the line, didn't notice that when i read it
if you want a spoiler, i don't suggest reading it though but i'll try to spoil as low amount as i can, it answers your question tho, but the anime will do that anyway, so don't read it maybe :D

Nim0174Jul 12, 2019 9:02 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 12, 2019 6:07 PM
Oct 2017
Hate how writers drop the ball on small things like that human chain to those two back in. Guess they forgot about the cable that one guy unhooked because using it again for that would've been better.
Jul 13, 2019 12:29 AM

May 2009
Since when MAL become so obssessed with calling any instance of drama a melodrama?
Jul 13, 2019 3:29 AM
Aug 2018
Nim0174 said:
Miister said:
can anyone explain:

it will be answered at the end of the show, thats actually a good indicator and foreshadowing for something later down the line, didn't notice that when i read it
if you want a spoiler, i don't suggest reading it though but i'll try to spoil as low amount as i can, it answers your question tho, but the anime will do that anyway, so don't read it maybe :D

thank you for explaining it, don't worry about the spoiler i will not watch the show further, because its to corny/kitschy/slushy for me, i'm to old for the 'with the power of friendship' shows.
Jul 13, 2019 3:52 AM

Apr 2019
Miister said:
Nim0174 said:

thank you for explaining it, don't worry about the spoiler i will not watch the show further, because its to corny/kitschy/slushy for me, i'm to old for the 'with the power of friendship' shows.

you are younger than me :D
we have similar taste actually, i think you'd enjoy the 2nd half
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 13, 2019 4:04 AM
Aug 2018
Nim0174 said:
Miister said:

you are younger than me :D
we have similar taste actually, i think you'd enjoy the 2nd half

if you say so i will give it another shot
Jul 13, 2019 12:45 PM

Jul 2008
I love the start however I have one issue.

If you are going to name your starship, there is only one logical name.....

It's the Enterprise.
Jul 13, 2019 3:19 PM

Apr 2019
WolfWood37 said:

It's the Enterprise.

nanana
the only logical name is The O'Neill xD
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 13, 2019 3:29 PM

Jul 2008
Nim0174 said:
WolfWood37 said:

It's the Enterprise.

nanana

Who wanted to name his ship The Enterprise.

:)
Jul 13, 2019 4:07 PM

Apr 2019
WolfWood37 said:
Nim0174 said:

nanana

Who wanted to name his ship The Enterprise.

:)

HAHAHA damn you you win
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 14, 2019 1:50 AM
Aug 2018
Is this Darling in the Space?
I mean... is it going to have any romance?
Jul 15, 2019 7:47 PM

Jul 2012
That opening shot reminded me a lot of Gravity. Except Kanata doesn't have to make like Clooney's character.
Jul 16, 2019 4:04 AM

Dec 2015
Was not that bad. Of course this is no competitor for really great similar anime. But the base setting and most of the chars and comedy is okay and the backgrounds fleshed some of the chars a bit out a bit.

Though I think it was a bit much drama ... with that teacher who died. The way he looked at his tablet computer I already knew this would be revealed when they were walking and arriving at that cliff at the hill. I knew they show the teacher dying.

The main problem is the behaviour of the clumsy girl and the captain guy. I hope they'll tone the overly stupid behaviour of the clumsy girl a lot down in the next episodes. I mean: This isn't really funny. Feels like some outdated comedy style. (How old is that manga?)

Was weird when at tha start they showed her drifting in space - great atmosphere. Then switching to the previous day and totally different atmosphere. I think them working together on the ship was pretty okay and the captain every now and then stating the obvious (and them commenting on it) could be endurable as running gag.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.