Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jul 11, 2019 2:34 PM

Oct 2017
Nice, both episodes so far felt somehow cinematic to me. Like a real movie, lol.
I usually see credits rolling without a dedicated OP/ED sequence only in the first and/or last episodes in anime.

The begining had some Star Trek vibe for a second.

P.S. I was going to read the whole discussion first, but for some reason got tired on the first page...
It's "stablished" - Kimurah is an asshole (at least here and now). Fact!
As long as i enjoy it - i don't care about any lazy writing, lack of foreshadowing, or whatever else you pull outta your ass.
Jul 11, 2019 4:43 PM

Mar 2019
Another great episode, seriously enjoying this series. Loved the unique environment on the planet, and the team had some nice bonding moments.
Jul 11, 2019 5:34 PM

Mar 2018
ex_necross said:
Well I'm not a manga reader but the majority of complaints so far are just meaningless buzzword complaints like "generic", which are to be expected on MAL. People here bandwagon super hard and you should ignore them, otherwise you end up with 3 pages of childish bitching which turns off other people from even starting this show.

ex_necross said:
I mean it's a bit hard to take you seriously when you rate things like AoT as a 10/10, especially when your complaint is "generic" while probably the most generic show on the market is one you find to be perfect.

I'm not gonna get caught up in this though, you only get one bite from me.

Baiting yourself is on a whole new level. To join the game, I thought old anime fans knew a lot about animation? Seems like sterotypes aren't reliable after all. Visually this is nowhere near Vinland Saga or Fire Force, there's barely any animation. Which scenes do you believe surpass those two? I personally think Vinland Saga has by far the most consistent and good looking art, Fire Force maybe on the same level or even better I don't really remember.

Before anyone calls me out no I don't know a lot about the production of anime either, but this one I believe really doesn't belong up there with Vinland Saga and Fire Force.

Overall I liked this episode, it was obvious Kanata was the athletic dude, but yeah since they've already spend some time together it's rather unnatural for him to tell everything so late. I actually did remember pink girl mentioning her good memory, so I wasn't bothered by it. I don't think these two criticisms are worth much tbh, but of course you can hate and dislike it if it's not up your alley.

It does not present itself as hard sci-fi or some serious survival story, so whatever bois, I'm proud shounen trash I guess
poop
Jul 11, 2019 7:56 PM

Jul 2012
Nim0174 said:
nvm ij ust saw someone already answered lol
thank u anyways :)
Jul 11, 2019 8:07 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, really loving this.

Exploration in the first half was quite fun.
This sphere thing is strange, does it actually follow them?

I think Funi getting stuck was a little too convenient in the sense of the plot needing to move forward and Quitterie trying to overcome her issues but it wasn't really bad.

"When things seem hopeless, act tough"
I love it when Kanata says this, always warrants a smile from me. Kanata's flashback of him resolving to become stronger was great too.

A traitor? I wonder, none of the kids really seem like the sort who would do something like this. I wonder if there's some kind of outside influence they have not noticed yet, but what do I know?
Jul 11, 2019 9:20 PM

Oct 2008
Alert! there's a traitor! Alert! haha!
i think it's gonna be the glasses girl since she's quite the introvert quiet girl on the group!
This planet is fourishing with plant life and foreign creatures huh...
2nd time the sphear appeared? should they already thing that it is almost a coincidence and intentional!?!?
4/5.

Jul 11, 2019 9:27 PM
Mar 2015
It is hard to overcome stupid but they were able to overcome their own mistakes and fix what was wrong with the team
Jul 11, 2019 9:30 PM

Jul 2015
Hey... this was pretty cool. Not quite as serious as I had thought it would be and I have to question some things like how the heck they climbed the dang mountain side while the kid was on the tree after it went up, and while I was okay with the photographic memory part for some reason... just kind of was when she mentioned being able to remember faces really well, I thought the bit about captain guy being that much of an athlete stupid... but I guess he did run pretty fast at the start when the pink girl's bag got stolen... eh.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 12, 2019 12:01 AM
Jun 2017
love this episode as more character development has been seen on this one, and kANATA DOES shown to everyone why he should be the captain.

and that last scene though? who is that one who did cut off the communicator? im excited for this one
Jul 12, 2019 2:18 AM

Jun 2013
It was a good episode. Even though the premise of this series is space and time travel, I am not going to take it too seriously. It'll just be a feel good series with nakama power and it's only 12 episodes. I'm on board with that.

Would've been really gruesome TurGon ripped Funicia apart and this went from nakama power to Corpse Party. I'm sorry I'm just sick like that.

I'm liking the tanned tsundere a lot even though she's a major bitch. Plus her name sounds like a kitchen appliance.

Who would've thought that the ikemen would be vice captain? Shouldn't Zack be second in command?
臭い-
Jul 12, 2019 3:43 AM

Jan 2016
Why can't people understand that generic doesn't equal bad? Generic but well executed is great and the execution so far for this is brilliant!

I love most of the cast, the tension, the story, the music. Also, the humor is like Sket Dance (obviously) which is great! I've laughed out multiple times during the 2 episodes so far. The air-headed Aries type of character is hard to pull off nowadays but here lines are spot on which makes her funny
Jul 12, 2019 3:54 AM
Jun 2014
Meeeku said:
. The way they portray the alien planet was pretty cool. Colorful plants, fruits, trees that grow to chase after sunlight, plants that propel upwards and then drops down in a parachute. Very interesting concepts.

didn't really get those trees. i mean, they should've risen during daytime if they wanted an optimal amount of sunlight. not during sunset.
also, these people are way too relaxed... and Zack showed that edibility device WHILE they were eating that Tur-Gon. which makes me assume that they didn't test that meat...

Jul 12, 2019 4:03 AM
Jun 2014
y'all really should watch Planetes :3 great anime. and i personally think Zack should be the captain :x
and concerning SpaceJunky's message about the photographic memory. i think Charce just reacted like that so us viewers would be more impressed about her photographic memory, like he was

Jul 12, 2019 6:02 AM
Sep 2015
Tsarko said:
What do does the show mean when it says they are not related?! They look almost exactly the same. They have all the same features.

Just wait for the later episodes. You'll find out.
Jul 12, 2019 6:20 AM

Mar 2010
The characters are pissing me off for some reason

And some scenes try to be overdramatic

Pink haired girl impressed me a bit, she seems more reliable than i thought. She seems like that mental healer character this episode + only person who knows the way where they came from?

Some stupid moments: The dragon conveniently waiting/flying in mid-air while the guy is doing some amazing jumps that everyone is so impressed about. What the hell :D

This setting is so good, i hope the anime doesn't ruin itself with the characters and their interactions.
Jul 12, 2019 8:28 AM
Sep 2012
really loving this ! feel like this is the most refreshing anime I've seen in the last 10 years
Jul 12, 2019 8:29 AM

Feb 2017
swn said:
Tsarko said:
What do does the show mean when it says they are not related?! They look almost exactly the same. They have all the same features.

Just wait for the later episodes. You'll find out.

I thought so. Maybe she's some kind of clone. Their mother is a doctor, right? Maybe she's not an ordinary doctor.
Jul 12, 2019 9:25 AM

Oct 2017
Kanata has been captain,some action with Quitterie and Funicia.After all they're ready to go on next planet,i''m wondering how dangerous will be
Emotional and kinda boring episode
Jul 12, 2019 12:58 PM

Jun 2019
Not as great as the first episode but likeable still.

The way these characters develop is very similar to assassination classroom lol. I really really really like Zack. He has been created to fill your typical cliches but he's still does one or two unprecedented things. Keeps it exciting.

Sheesh! funicia's voice actress is so damn good. The way she cried and screamed was so convincing, voicing a 10 year old no less. Generally anime crying is very annoying for me, shrilly and unrealistic.

I don't really mind the convenient skills lol, how else would they make this unbelievable story progress. I mean surely it could have been done better but alas. Also, photographic memory is not that big a deal, most people have it? Unless they mean hyperthymesia.

One really big turn off is I didn't get to see them travelling to this new world. I wanted to seem them ration food or think about deeper things. They do some foreshadowing, like Zack's meddling with the ship. But I doubt the issues to arise will mature into full-fledged-survival-genre type horror.

I kinda hope they travelled in time to the future and when they return to Earth it'll be an entirely different place. If not that, at least they should return to an uninhabitable Earth. Would make it scarier.

I wish they stuck to the serious, melodramatic and more cynical side of the second half of episode 1. But I guess this is somewhat an SOL at the end of the day. As an SOL its not amazing though, which is why it should have chosen between the 2 genres.

It almost feel like they stole a ship that was docked for other passengers though, I don't knoww. Super fishy.
HappyPicnicJul 12, 2019 1:06 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2019 1:39 PM

Apr 2019
HappyPicnic said:
Not as great as the first episode but likeable still.

The way these characters develop is very similar to assassination classroom lol. I really really really like Zack. He has been created to fill your typical cliches but he's still does one or two unprecedented things. Keeps it exciting.

Sheesh! funicia's voice actress is so damn good. The way she cried and screamed was so convincing, voicing a 10 year old no less. Generally anime crying is very annoying for me, shrilly and unrealistic.

I don't really mind the convenient skills lol, how else would they make this unbelievable story progress. I mean surely it could have been done better but alas. Also, photographic memory is not that big a deal, most people have it? Unless they mean hyperthymesia.

One really big turn off is I didn't get to see them travelling to this new world. I wanted to seem them ration food or think about deeper things. They do some foreshadowing, like Zack's meddling with the ship. But I doubt the issues to arise will mature into full-fledged-survival-genre type horror.

I kinda hope they travelled in time to the future and when they return to Earth it'll be an entirely different place. If not that, at least they should return to an uninhabitable Earth. Would make it scarier.

I wish they stuck to the serious, melodramatic and more cynical side of the second half of episode 1. But I guess this is somewhat an SOL at the end of the day. As an SOL its not amazing though, which is why it should have chosen between the 2 genres.

It almost feel like they stole a ship that was docked for other passengers though, I don't knoww. Super fishy.

i think when people say photographic memory they just mean they can recall everything so yeah as you said hyperthymesia

12 episodes aren't enough for the plot if they would include survival aspects
its not really the main aspect of the plot, which is mystery in my opinion
but u'll see why once get to the 2nd half of the show

also for manga readers-> and no one else
Nim0174Jul 12, 2019 2:13 PM
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 12, 2019 1:40 PM

Jul 2012
Efu said:
This feels more like a happy go lucky camping anime then a space survival one.
Its quite the letdown, i was hoping it would be somthing more similar to the movie Gravity. But eeh if anything thats my bad for not realising it would be like this because it has the shounen tag after all.

I mean all things considered this is mostly fine so far, just wish the characters weren't so bland/boring.

You took the words right out of my mind lol I was also expecting something else.
The only thing I found interesting was the fact that there seems to be a "traitor" in the group.
Jul 12, 2019 1:54 PM

Jun 2014
well to bad writing for me no matter how hyped it is, gona dump this show.
Jul 12, 2019 3:23 PM
Jun 2016
I enjoyed this episode. Kind of wish I could bounce on the trampoline tree too lol I too am going to guess glasses girl is our saboteur. I guess its a wait and see game as I have not read any source material. But seriously that edibility detector XD
Jul 12, 2019 3:50 PM

Apr 2019
JessicaAFM said:
I enjoyed this episode. Kind of wish I could bounce on the trampoline tree too lol I too am going to guess glasses girl is our saboteur. I guess its a wait and see game as I have not read any source material. But seriously that edibility detector XD

everyone be suspecting Yun Hua because she is a quiet introvert :(

how can this face be evil! XD
then again they all look so innocent don't they

You son of a .. turtle

Jul 12, 2019 7:08 PM
Sep 2016
Whoa this is going down hill really fast I hope the next episode is better cause this one was quite bad.
The new word was lame it didn't feel alien it was just weird, the monster aren't better.
But the biggest problem is the how stupid the characters are, seriously it was already a problem in ep1 but here it's even worst.
Character interaction was that good either and the plot convenience was annoying.
The only thing which that episode did kinda well is the mystery, the sphere and the cut comunicator seems interesting.
But I really hope they create a bit more tension and make the character less stupid.
Cause right now Made in Abyss felt more like "lost in space" show than this one.
Jul 12, 2019 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
Kimurah said:
Blergh, what a load of crap and writer's convenience this episode turned out to be

They got lost in a forest in an uncharted world, yet the dumbest member of the team has photographic memory and she mentions it in the exact moment they need it the most. Same with Kanata that he's an alleged athlete, yet on all the dumb flashbacks that have been repeated over and over, it was never pointed out that he was an A class athlete. The author truly doesn't know jack shit how to foreshadow events in order to make the story advance in a natural way. Something more intuitive before entering the woods, would be if anyone in the exploring team would have marked the trees with any kind of sharp object and create a path to retreat to in case of an emergency like the one they had. The idiocy on the whole group would have gotten them killed in any other kind of media, but because it's anime and the author just loves to pave the way for them to move forward on planets with convenient atmosphere and edible fruits (and boy, the food tester just feels like another massive asspull) they will never be in real danger.

The human chain in the first episode was a pretty big mistake. They are now fighting each other and neglecting Kanata that at least tries to keep the group safe, hence this route feels like a step back. Kanata's idiotic move to go hunt a dragon makes him even less reliable despite his good intentions to keep the group together.

So sad that this contrived story is all in the name of friendship and alleged character growth.

Your pessimism is powerful stuff, please stay at least 200 miles out of my happy zone at all times. While you do make some points, its still just an anime, and as far as everything I'm watching this summer, this feels the freshest. Dr. Stone is cool, and the if its for my daughter is adorable, but this is different. It feels proper new. I'm gonna stick with it till the end before taking the piss out of the plot holes. Also, what about Aries leads you to believe she is dumb? A little ditzy... but not dumb. The sharpest sword in the world is just sitting in a museum. Does that make it a decoration and not a weapon? A photographic memory not used for greater maths or science, would just be a really good memory. If you put a super sponge in a dry bowl, its not gonna soak anything up now is it. Especially with that cliff hangar ending, can you trust any of their character traits now? I feel like a lot of fuckery is about to happen. I can't wait.
Jul 12, 2019 8:54 PM

Dec 2016
Grizzziff said:
Kimurah said:
Blergh, what a load of crap and writer's convenience this episode turned out to be

They got lost in a forest in an uncharted world, yet the dumbest member of the team has photographic memory and she mentions it in the exact moment they need it the most. Same with Kanata that he's an alleged athlete, yet on all the dumb flashbacks that have been repeated over and over, it was never pointed out that he was an A class athlete. The author truly doesn't know jack shit how to foreshadow events in order to make the story advance in a natural way. Something more intuitive before entering the woods, would be if anyone in the exploring team would have marked the trees with any kind of sharp object and create a path to retreat to in case of an emergency like the one they had. The idiocy on the whole group would have gotten them killed in any other kind of media, but because it's anime and the author just loves to pave the way for them to move forward on planets with convenient atmosphere and edible fruits (and boy, the food tester just feels like another massive asspull) they will never be in real danger.

The human chain in the first episode was a pretty big mistake. They are now fighting each other and neglecting Kanata that at least tries to keep the group safe, hence this route feels like a step back. Kanata's idiotic move to go hunt a dragon makes him even less reliable despite his good intentions to keep the group together.

So sad that this contrived story is all in the name of friendship and alleged character growth.

Your pessimism is powerful stuff, please stay at least 200 miles out of my happy zone at all times. While you do make some points, its still just an anime, and as far as everything I'm watching this summer, this feels the freshest. Dr. Stone is cool, and the if its for my daughter is adorable, but this is different. It feels proper new. I'm gonna stick with it till the end before taking the piss out of the plot holes. Also, what about Aries leads you to believe she is dumb? A little ditzy... but not dumb. The sharpest sword in the world is just sitting in a museum. Does that make it a decoration and not a weapon? A photographic memory not used for greater maths or science, would just be a really good memory. If you put a super sponge in a dry bowl, its not gonna soak anything up now is it. Especially with that cliff hangar ending, can you trust any of their character traits now? I feel like a lot of fuckery is about to happen. I can't wait.

GTFO my internet edgelord cocaine user

Your deluded prose is more hazardous than sniffing the chemicals you use to get high
Jul 12, 2019 9:29 PM
Feb 2009
hmm I wonder who sabotage the communication panel, another pretty decent episode I guess
Jul 12, 2019 10:25 PM

Mar 2009
Inugirlz said:
I call bullshit! How can Funi look so much like Quitterie but then they drop on us that they aren’t actually related?! What’s the point of making them look so similar then! Lieesssss her mom had an affair or something. long lost sister she wants to claim is adopted! Either that or it’s her cousin or something.

Good question. What the hell is going on here?

This episode had a few too many conveniences for my liking, though I appreciated the Chekhov's gun with the parachute plant. It wasn't just a silly thing. Quitterie with the timely save! Speaking of which, glad she changed her tune a little in this episode.

Going forward, hope there isn't too much emphasis on the power of friendship. That can have disastrous results. *cough* Fairy Tail *cough*
For better or for worse, this is certainly shonen through and through.

Otherwise, again, happy to get another space-exploration series. And I'm enjoying it despite some misgivings.
Jul 12, 2019 11:32 PM

Dec 2008
I think the second episode was quite nice and neat..!!
And Aries' laugh reminded me of Tidus laughing it was so awkward lmao u_u
That ending really made me curious..!! Space-themed anime usually gets me all sleepy and boring, but I was able to stay focused watching throughout the whole episode!!
Jul 13, 2019 12:51 AM

May 2009
Why does so many MAL users complain about comedy and light hearted moments in show with serious premise? The TOP #1 anime on this site it's also exactly like that. Hell, every murrican blockbuster, like Disney action flicks are like that too and you eat up them.
Jul 13, 2019 2:30 AM
May 2010
Kimurah said:
Nim0174 said:

She mentions it, because she is using it, and there was no need to mention it beforehand, its Ep2, it just happens to be the first moment where it was relevant, same for Kanata. There was no need to foreshadow these Events, they aren't relevant to the Main Plot, the Main Plot already had foreshadowings, but u won't notice that until the 2nd half of the story.

She mentions it in the heat of the moment. A good writer would have lampshaded/mentioned openly her god given gift before putting it on practice. She could have mentioned it when she presented herself in class, but yet it seemed more important to detail that she is a person that can't read the ambiance in a room. How does a person with photographic memory forgets her probably most important skill?

It's still a pretty bad cliche to pull out an important skill just in the most dire moment

Nim0174 said:

How is the edibility tester an asspull? They have Spaceships for gods sake. Its Sci Fi, and Zack seems perfectly capable of engineering stuff.

How is it not? a claimed 200iq character knows everything about everything and can craft anything out of his ass just because the author claimed "oh he's a very smart guy"

Nim0174 said:

There is a reason why these planets have edible things, thats why they chose the planets, it was in the ships database, which means the ship has been to those planets before. It will become clearer in the last Episodes.

And how is that posible? are there multiple suns in that particular galaxy? how is it posible for the farthest planets to hold sustainable life and an atmosphere? Take our solar system as an example out of all the planets only one is in the right place to hold life.

idk if this addressed but I need to address it, because even though I agree with most of your points, this part of the show is fine, I think you may be misunderstanding what we know about space so far. they were teleported 5000 lightyears away from earth; this is such a mind boggling distance, that there are quite literally 600 million star systems in a sphere around earth with that radius. considering that as you may already know, NASA has found plenty of candidates that seem plausible of supporting alien life due to their conditions. this is after sifting through a mere 150,000 star systems, with 3300 exoplanets (total, not life candidates so far). we are likely missing many planets around these stars too, as their orbits may not intersect between us and their star, which is the only way we would be able to see them. when you consider then, how much these occurrences scale up when you increase the scope of star systems from 150 thousand to 600 million.... it is very likely that they would have found a mere 5 life-bearing planets between them (5000ly away) and earth. I'd wager it is almost a definite. and even if not, i mean, it is sci-fi, they dont live in our universe; they live in a spinoff where life has been discovered. a lot of sci-fi make this assumption all the time, because it isnt even a super crazy proposition; anti-gravity drives are far less likely
123kdeJul 13, 2019 6:20 AM
Jul 13, 2019 4:33 AM

Sep 2008
Wasn't expecting that Tidus laugh at the end.
Jul 13, 2019 6:29 AM
May 2010
Nim0174 said:
123kde said:

where did I say I was insulted? I'm not, im annoyed by needless salt all throughout your post with bold and shit everywhere. it was just pathetically over the top, you took a mistake too seriously, and I tried to edit it, but again, as I have readily said, no fucking idea what I am doing. I tried leaving the segment YOU described as a proper quotation.

your words do convey a level of "offendedness"
what i said was a proper quotation because it conveyed a correct message while you had attributed a meissage to the wrong user which is incorrect quotation
nonetheless your actual message wasn't directed at me, therefore i just wanted to point out to you that you need to edit it, otherwise the user, whom your message was intended for will not see the message

look i apologize if i made you feel offended with the way i write, i always use bold words so that has nothing to do with you, i just do it to underline my statements,it wasn't mmy intention to offend you or whatever, i just don't appreciate people quoting me wrongly

noted, but i really meant it when i said it was a mistake and i dont know what I am doing. it is still my opinion that you could have had a much less confrontational tone over something really minor such as this. I'm just tired of people never 'remembering the human' these days. no one likes being spoken down to, especially when trying to learn something new.

but regardless, I have again tried to alter the post, and I hope I did it correctly this time. I apologize for the confusion this has caused, and I probably should have just straight up asked for further formatting help in my second post.
123kdeJul 13, 2019 6:33 AM
Jul 13, 2019 6:49 AM

Apr 2019
123kde said:

but regardless, I have again tried to alter the post, and I hope I did it correctly this time. I apologize for the confusion this has caused, and I probably should have just straight up asked for further formatting help in my second post.

no worries man, i deleted my messages since they are unnecessarily convoluting the thread over a misunderstanding
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 13, 2019 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
Kimurah said:

GTFO my internet edgelord cocaine user

Your deluded prose is more hazardous than sniffing the chemicals you use to get high

Your would be elitist mentality is going to give you ulcers, I'd recommend you get happy before you start bleeding internally. Also you forgot to mention how there were no bathroom breaks in the episode. Where are these cartoons even pooping, so unrealistic. ;)
Jul 13, 2019 11:39 AM

May 2016
In short: the mysteries are interesting, the characters are average shounen characters, the humor is terrible. The director has no idea how to direct comedy scenes. On the other hand, when the situations are serious, the directing is decent.

The pace seems good, the story is going. Kanata saved another girl (but his javelin throw from a standing point was meh... The Night King did the same in Game of Thrones, exactly in the same way... I remember I cringed a lot on that scene in Game of Thrones, and this was no different).

I assume Kanata will have a harem from these girls xD But I think Aries will be the winner at the end.

2/5 for Episode 2 (Episode 1 was 3/5), because of the trash humor... Unfortunate that 75% of the episode was trash humor...
-
Jul 13, 2019 11:44 AM

Jul 2015
A Traitor,interesting.

I want to see how it goes from at this point now.

Jul 13, 2019 1:03 PM

May 2012
So, the sisters are not blood related but for they look almost exactly same ?! Weird
Jul 13, 2019 9:25 PM
May 2016
It was ok, lotta of things where asking me to suspend my disbelief and I was just rolling my eyes at the sibling rivalry. The cast is pretty generic and I'm guessing the traitor is quiet glasses girl or the quiet dude with the black hair. Really expected more from a rare anime that's in space, I'll keep watching.
Jul 13, 2019 10:38 PM

Apr 2018
Ah shoot, I just knew there was going to be a traitor at some point. Right now obviously Ulgar and Yunhua are our main two candidates but obviously as the story pans out things will change. Liking the focus on Quitterie and Funicia in this episode. Hopefully the group dynamic will go stronger and stronger.

Also can we stop and appreciate Aries' laugh at the end of the episode LOL

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Jul 14, 2019 9:18 AM

Apr 2015
Had the first good scenes, but was still by and large dull.

Can see the potential but Lerche needs to think long hard about the directing, there is little to no creativity in the script. Even shows with mediocre stories can have memorable scenes...remember the prostituting(?) scenes in HSL?
Jul 14, 2019 9:46 AM
Jan 2019
A good second episode. It was fun, and somehow, very exciting. Above all, when Kanata rescued Funicia. Any person does not save another at the cost of his life, he is incredible.
Kanata, my captain, your captain, our captain 👏😁. I'm glad that this had a happy ending.

Now, who will be the person who cut the intercoms. I always suspect the quietest. But, at what time? They were all in space, and the Astra is a ship unknown to them.

PS: 1. I thought that Funicia was a sister of Quitterie's blood! They have a great resemblance. It was a surprise fact.
2. Laughter of Aries, laughs.
3.Zack, could be a great inventor.
4. Almost crazy to see the sphere, again. Are you following them? For what reason?.
Jul 14, 2019 11:50 AM

Mar 2010
cool he is the official captain
hmmm, wonder who is the person who took the communicstion device...
Jul 14, 2019 3:46 PM
Nov 2007
Kimurah said:

This is how I felt. The premise was interesting but the idiotic nature of characters was a big turn off. Dropped it already. Can't understand how people can enjoy watching morons yelling.
Jul 14, 2019 4:02 PM
Jan 2013
Kimurah said:
Spaceship said:

Based on your behavior in the Astra episode 1 discussion, there's absolutely no point in trying to refute anything in any of your posts.

Is your mind open to being changed on any of your "points?" No? Trolling.

What a retarded, fanboy and childish mentallity

Of course I'm open to get a change of mind. But I'm expecting the story and the writing to make it do so. I'm not going to be pleasing and let the author get away with garbo writing.

Being critical does not equate to being a troll, if that would be the case anyone with a different opinion would be a troll.

Spaceship said:

I've wasted too much time on you already. Have a nice day.

Yeah, that's what you should have done in the very first place, walk away with your tail between your legs.

I suppose you have a very sad life that you need to come to internet and behave like a 12 year old kid , a shame people like you exist
Jul 14, 2019 11:16 PM
Sep 2015
xeco said:
Kimurah said:

What a retarded, fanboy and childish mentallity

Of course I'm open to get a change of mind. But I'm expecting the story and the writing to make it do so. I'm not going to be pleasing and let the author get away with garbo writing.

Being critical does not equate to being a troll, if that would be the case anyone with a different opinion would be a troll.

Yeah, that's what you should have done in the very first place, walk away with your tail between your legs.

I suppose you have a very sad life that you need to come to internet and behave like a 12 year old kid , a shame people like you exist

He was also responsible for this gem.

Kimurah said:

And how is that posible? are there multiple suns in that particular galaxy? how is it posible for the farthest planets to hold sustainable life and an atmosphere? Take our solar system as an example out of all the planets only one is in the right place to hold life.

Jul 15, 2019 4:37 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The premise is interesting and as a long time scifi/space story fan I really want this to be a good show. I'm afraid the characters are a bit flat and predictable in their actions though. I hope we can get the plot to compensate for that.
How the heck can Funicia and Quitterie not be sisters? They look so much alike, lol.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 16, 2019 12:18 PM

Dec 2015
Worse than episode 1. Still childish behaviour of a lot of the chars. (Hopefully now they are through with this.)

Also the traitor subplot seems weird. Maybe it is like that anime movie with 11 people on a spaceship - with 1 too much and one of them a traitor. Maybe intentionally by the teachers after all. The spere appearing again ... can't be a concidence.

Shy girl seems most suspicious so far.

Edit: What if the male main actually destroyed th communicator - to get more time to prove himself as captain? What if the teacher turned into some god-like creature and "is" actually the sphere - trying to help the main to prove himself as captain and explorer? I wouldn't put it past them if they (the author of the source manga) did something like that. Would just feel like your typical japanese plot twist. :D
LuthandoriusJul 16, 2019 12:40 PM
Jul 16, 2019 2:33 PM

Mar 2017
One of them is behind this whole thing? That's a good twist. It's reminding me of Rokka no Yuusha.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

236 by naturalbrawler »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.