Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2019 1:31 PM

Jan 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was a pretty good first episode. Ritsuka already seems like an interesting main character and the interactions he has with Mafuyu are funny and entertaining.

I also thought the scene where the band is playing music was well done. The CGI looked fairly jarring at first but overall I thought the visuals were pretty good.

I'll also be interested to see how the romance develops.
Jul 11, 2019 1:32 PM

Dec 2018
osts are flawless, I really liked this first episode
Jul 11, 2019 1:34 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The background OST reminds me of Koe no Katachi a bit, it isn't necessarily cause of the up-close piano tunes there but it gave me the same vibe.

Solid start, definitely met my expectations. The jamming was dope and the longing of the MC was nice to watch, even though he's an airhead :D
Jul 11, 2019 1:47 PM
Feb 2019
Love it! The animation and sounds are beautiful! Can't wait for the next episode. :)
Jul 11, 2019 1:47 PM

Mar 2017
I've found him... Cinnamon Roll of the Season... Mafuyu Sato! hahaha

I'm already in love with this anime; the characters, the music, the art... all of it is perfection! Plus, Yuuma Uchida is such an amazing VA so i just had to check this out!

I can't wait for next weeks episode 😁
Jul 11, 2019 1:50 PM
Mar 2019
Thats actually very good start than what i expected it to be, the ost are really good, op and ed are nice, the animation are nice too, if they can keep this quality until the end this gonna be great. Can't wait for next ep!
Jul 11, 2019 1:54 PM
May 2015
It doesn't seem to be anything groundbreaking, in the grand scheme of things, but it's a well put together series. I hope it can deliver during the season.
Jul 11, 2019 1:54 PM

Jul 2019
The Animation is amazing, even that band session was just perfect, even the music was even better than I imagine. I'm already in love with this series especially with Mafuyu, he is just adorable.

That Opening though was just great, the visuals and the music were amazing it gave me chills and also that Ending was just adorable with the cute dog.

Jul 11, 2019 1:57 PM

Feb 2013
It was so gooooooooooooooood! The music is perfect too, loved it!
Jul 11, 2019 1:59 PM

Jul 2017
Not bad of an opening episode. OST rocked and the art/animation was pretty solid for the most part. First glimpse of the BL with the Ritsuka pulling Mafuyu from the incoming car lul

Also release score of 9.77 lol calm down MAL, we did it boys FMA:B has been dethroned (obviously gonna go down but still)
Jul 11, 2019 2:03 PM

May 2015
Mafuyu is sooooo precious and cute I must protect. I've been anticipating this show a lot and I was not disappointed in the slightest, the first episode was really good. I'm really looking forward to more and this'll definitely be the show I look forward to the most every week.

Also, I just noticed the characters names have the seasons in them. Mafuyu (winter), Haruki (spring), Akihiko (autumn) and... erm... (-_-;) I can't find 'natsu' in Uenoyama's name. Maybe the others are just coincidence after all.

EDIT: A few people have mentioned that Uenoyama's name does in fact have summer in it, as it has the Kanji for summer: (夏) in Ritsuka (立夏). That's really cute and I'm sure the seasons they have in their names say something about their character.
LalafinJul 12, 2019 5:41 AM

♡ artist
サコ
Jul 11, 2019 2:12 PM

Jul 2013
I've been anticipating this show so much. I loved the manga to bits. I hope they bring justice to this show. So far, this 1st episode is pretty great. I love the OSTs.
Jul 11, 2019 2:14 PM

Sep 2018
It was everything I had hoped for and even better!! The first episode already totally hooked me in, worth the wait! Already looking forward to next Thursday.

special shoutout to the soundtrack, I really like the use of guitar in the songs, it's a nice, fitting detail
Jul 11, 2019 2:15 PM

Jul 2013
FMA:B who?

I only know Given lol. Calm down gals and lads. It's just the 1st episode lol

Jul 11, 2019 2:16 PM

Oct 2012
That was such a great first episode! I don't read the original material, so I didn't know what to expect, but it was great! I really liked the characters, the music and the setting overall. Their personalities are nice~

And it's so cool to be able to ship without fear of queerbaiting ToT
Jul 11, 2019 2:18 PM
Apr 2019
This is the start of something magical, I can feel it! :)
Jul 11, 2019 2:31 PM

Dec 2018
I really did love this! I'd already read Given's manga a long time ago, i still dont know if they are still in
so i was hyped up by its announcement of an anime adaptation and it did meet my expectations indeed!

The OST's are gonna be one of highlights, it fits well so as their sounding mixing. Noitamina did really an investiment on this and i'm relieved for that because most of BL's anime adaptations lack of high budget anyways (a child Uenoyama listening to AM, that's my boy). Furthermore, the art was already gorgeous in the manga so does this adaptation, hope it lives up through entire running.

Can't wait for more eps and how they gonna develop Mafuyu and Uenoyama relationship <3(Mafuyu's puppy is damn kawaii here 😍)
fallingfromskyJul 11, 2019 2:34 PM
Jul 11, 2019 2:35 PM
Apr 2016
Oh WOW, I can't say anything else because this episode was already amazing!
I can't wait for the next one!
Jul 11, 2019 2:38 PM

Oct 2016
I haven't read the manga so I didn't know what should I expect but damn boy.. I'm so excited about this series. Music anime are one of my favourites, the visuals are great and I'm in love with character design (especially Kaji's!). I'm not sure how explicit the romance will be but since it's tagged as 'shounen ai' I guess we won't go futher than kisses?

So far this is the series than I'm the most excited about this season. I hope it won't let me down!

edit: grammar
Jul 11, 2019 2:39 PM

Jan 2016
Alright first episode, definitely here for the music over anything else. Sato is kinda the point I'll need to get most used to. He strikes me as autistic the way he's written, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but (like most of the cast actually) I'll need to get used to it. And otherwise I do quite like the music, not sure how I feel about it as a romance for now since that's barely begun, but I'll see. Oh, and the production at least seems solid, especially the OST. Nowhere near my favorite thing of the season, but going to stick around for a few episodes and see.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jul 11, 2019 2:43 PM

May 2019
This definitely looks promising! the first episode was really well done, and I can't wait for more
Jul 11, 2019 2:45 PM

Oct 2014
Not bad. Finally a shounen-ai with no sexual assault or child grooming. Basic plot so far, it basically writes itself from the first scene. I haven't seen enough of these animated to be tired of it. The jokes were standard but the reactions were funny. Decent animation, loved the music.
Jul 11, 2019 2:54 PM

May 2009
I loved this first episode on almost everything really. Interesting characters, great setting, interesting storylines... I do still wait for a shounen-ai without a feminine guy in it though. Mafuyu is a little bit too feminine for me (and I generally do not like overly shy characters less I guess).
I was very positively suprised with the music. It sounds fantastic and I hope they will keep that up!
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jul 11, 2019 3:06 PM

Mar 2016
This was surprisingly innocent and interesting. I am glad the relation wasn't forceful and abusive.

Mafuyu is adorable!!

The band members were so happy someone wanted to listen to them play. lol. I liked the way they were introduced.
Jul 11, 2019 3:18 PM

Jun 2008
I love Kizu Natsuki and I love Eguchi Takuya's deep voice!

I'm ready for the drama!
Jul 11, 2019 3:18 PM
Mar 2015
Boys in the Band " a milestone in the history of queer cinema"
Jul 11, 2019 3:23 PM
Nov 2017
I always save the episodes that airs for friday nights so this one is no different, I am IN LOVE with the Given series and I have no doubt that this adaption will surprise me just as much as the Manga adaption did!!!

Mafuyu and Ritsuka are the best, so different
Mafuyu is looking so innocent and has the MOST amazing eyes.
Ritsuka is just hot and got the smexy face of a star <3

I cannot wait. <3
Jul 11, 2019 3:39 PM

Apr 2018
Wow, it's good to see a shounen-ai with a plot that isn't stupid ! It's kinda rare.
Characters seem good, the music and the animation too. And there were even funny moments.
Might be my favorite anime of the season if this goes on like this.
Jul 11, 2019 3:53 PM

Jun 2016
I remember reading the first 3 or 4 manga chapters a while back but i kinda just put it in on-hold. This time i'll stick with it~ seeing it animated makes you actually be capable of hearing what they're playing so that's a plus.
Heck, i didn't even remember much of what i had read so i was somewhat shocked by that scene with Mafuyu holding the guitar and looking up at a hunged person.. i would say it could've been one of his parents? Anyway, seeing that must have really messed up with him.
ayumiisJul 11, 2019 4:02 PM
Jul 11, 2019 4:03 PM

Jun 2017
heydaycapriccio said:

Also, I just noticed the characters names have the seasons in them. Mafuyu (winter), Haruki (spring), Akihiko (autumn) and... erm... (-_-;) I can't find 'natsu' in Uenoyama's name. Maybe the others are just coincidence after all.

Nop, you're absolutely not wrong. There is "summer" in Uenoyama Ritsuka's name ahaha. Ritsuka it's written as 立夏 (ritsu - ka) where the second kanji means summer. In this case it's read as "ka".

Good job noticing that. :)
Jul 11, 2019 4:05 PM
Apr 2018
I was so excited for the first episode. Been anticipating this for quite a while now.
Mafuyu Sato was so cute but I think Uenoyama-kun was cuter lol..

I'm definitely going to listen to the OP on repeat now, the ED is alright...
But is this Yaoi? I've never liked BL but I would totally root for these two..
Akihiko Kaji was also very cool (idk why but drummers are generally the coolest in bands)

MaahHeim said:
And it's so cool to be able to ship without fear of queerbaiting ToT

This!
Jul 11, 2019 4:07 PM

Apr 2012
Lerche doing some solid work here.
Jul 11, 2019 4:13 PM

Mar 2017
Loved this first episode. That ED was crazy adorable, what a cute dog. <3

'nom'
Jul 11, 2019 4:17 PM

Aug 2016
Finally FMAB, LOGH and Gintama met their maker
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Jul 11, 2019 4:23 PM
Aug 2011
D'awww the ED.
I was curious about listening to the music which is always a plus in music related series. I liked Uenoyama a lot more seeing him in motion and talking.
Jul 11, 2019 4:32 PM

May 2015
Rakshasa99 said:
heydaycapriccio said:

Nop, you're absolutely not wrong. There is "summer" in Uenoyama Ritsuka's name ahaha. Ritsuka it's written as 立夏 (ritsu - ka) where the second kanji means summer. In this case it's read as "ka".

Ah, thank you so much for the info! ^.^ I was hoping someone would explain to me how 'summer' is actually in his name, as I thought it was maybe a bit too coincidental that they all had seasons in their names aside from him. That's such a nice, extra touch to their characters.

♡ artist
サコ
Jul 11, 2019 4:55 PM
May 2019
lol Mafuyu is so cute! And Uenoyama is funny in his own way too! Think I'm gonna like this anime
Jul 11, 2019 5:23 PM

Sep 2017
Lmao that explosion effect at the end was so bad. Otherwise this was great. The jam session was really grooving. I was thinking to myself why tf is Satou so obsessed with learning from Uenoyama, but then he actually went and did the normal human thing and went to another source i.e. light music club, so that was sweet.
Jul 11, 2019 5:23 PM

Dec 2010
1st minute its like this show is trynig to replicate a shinkai film
Jul 11, 2019 5:29 PM

Nov 2016
Really nice start. Finally a shounen-ai without rapey vibes. The characters are pretty likeable, comedy is amusing and the music is also 👍🏻 especially like the opening. I'm fond of the relaxed nature of this show too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 11, 2019 5:30 PM

Jun 2017
heydaycapriccio said:
Rakshasa99 said:

Ah, thank you so much for the info! ^.^ I was hoping someone would explain to me how 'summer' is actually in his name, as I thought it was maybe a bit too coincidental that they all had seasons in their names aside from him. That's such a nice, extra touch to their characters.

And another thing. I'm not sure if Haruki and Akihiko will be a couple because I didn't read the manga but if they are then it will be like this:

Mafuyu
Ritsuka winter x summer - opposites - both at the end of the name

Akihiko
Haruki spring x autumn - opposites - both at the biginning of the name

Cool! ^^
Jul 11, 2019 6:03 PM

Mar 2019
Nice op/ed. Nice start to this series, that guy seems like a total air head though lol. Also the dog at the start sounded kind of weird?
Jul 11, 2019 6:06 PM

Aug 2009
I loved every second of this! I was looking forward to this adaptation since it was announced and I have to say they did not disappoint! Their voices suit them very well, the color palettes works nicely, the music is very enjoyable and engaging. I'm so excited about whats to come!
I mostly anticipate their songs and Mafuyu's voice! I can't wait to FINALLY hear him sing and to listen to how lovely his voice is. I seriously can't wait!!! ^^
The hype is real!

Jul 11, 2019 6:49 PM

Oct 2015
Not a bad start from this show, the development is alright so far! The characters are not bad either and that play was good from the band.

I'm hoping it will develop at the right pace and give us a comprehensive story line!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 11, 2019 7:17 PM
Nov 2013
I'm so happy and glad it came out good!! I had doubts, but this is going to actually be a decent BL anime^^
Jul 11, 2019 8:31 PM

Oct 2010
The song they played reminded me of 9mm Parabellum Bullet. This was a great intro episode. I loved that everything felt authentic since they used real brand names for everything rather than either having no name at all or using fake brands like most anime. Animation when playing the music was top notch. only issue was that it felt like it ended so fast! It didn't feel like 20 minutes lol
Jul 11, 2019 8:41 PM
Jan 2019
Beautiful ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I love 😍😢 I need more 😭😭😭
Jul 11, 2019 8:44 PM
Mar 2018
Why in the world does this have a score of 9.77??
The first episode is decent enough, but there’s nothing ground breaking about it AND it just started. I’m sorry, but I’m calling so much bs in this apparent “score.” I won’t give full judgement until this series is completed. This is certainly not a 9 or even a 10.
Jul 11, 2019 8:51 PM

May 2018
galaxykitten95 said:
Why in the world does this have a score of 9.77??
The first episode is decent enough, but there’s nothing ground breaking about it AND it just started. I’m sorry, but I’m calling so much bs in this apparent “score.” I won’t give full judgement until this series is completed. This is certainly not a 9 or even a 10.

It went down to 8.11
Jul 11, 2019 8:52 PM
Mar 2013
Haha, I didn't know Karasuno had started a band! Kageyama, Tsukki, Asahi, and the presumably new member Hinata.
I loved the episode, and really, I couldn't stop seeing the MC as Kageyama. So cool and adorable at the same time xD I can't wait for the next episode!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm a straight guy, can I watch it?

removed-user - Oct 29, 2023

36 by NekoCats »»
Mar 2, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tubby - Jul 18, 2019

113 by Mak_and_Cheese »»
Feb 17, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Given Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 19, 2019

133 by Kildzoo25 »»
Feb 10, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Given Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tubby - Jul 25, 2019

85 by gorkoo »»
Jan 23, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 5, 2019

249 by Craneface »»
Jan 9, 1:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.