Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2019 1:34 PM

May 2015
Kimurah said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

And you're literally incapable of understanding that you contradicted yourself.

Please enlighten all of us where have I contradicted my self? (Now I get the idea why you have so many posts in here)

>'If you don't like what I have to say, then ignore my posts/these discussions."
>continues to watch a show that he doesn't like even though, just like those other people, he could just stop watching it and ignore it

Not that hard to understand.

Edit: I cared about you telling other people to do something that you yourself aren't doing. I don't care about your opinion of the show.
TsukuyomiREKTJul 10, 2019 1:39 PM

Jul 10, 2019 1:37 PM

Dec 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Kimurah said:

Please enlighten all of us where have I contradicted my self? (Now I get the idea why you have so many posts in here)

>'If you don't like what I have to say, then ignore my posts/these discussions."
>continues to watch a show that he doesn't like even though, just like those other people, he could just stop watching it and ignore it

Critics do that all the time watch a series to completion and give out an opinion about it. Obviously your little preteen head can't understand that

I could stop watching it, but it's not as terrible to do it so. And certainly I will not do it just to please a butthurt no lifer like you
Jul 10, 2019 1:40 PM

May 2015
Kimurah said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Critics do that all the time watch a series to completion and give out an opinion about it. Obviously your little preteen head can't understand that

I could stop watching it, but it's not as terrible to do it so. And certainly I will not do it just to please a butthurt no lifer like you

Enjoy wasting your time I guess.

Jul 10, 2019 1:42 PM

Dec 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Kimurah said:

Enjoy wasting your time I guess.

I have, and I will, and all of us in the internet in discussion boards do it too.

Hope your mind wasn't blown by such revelation
Jul 10, 2019 1:42 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Don't you people have something better to do? I wouldn't think so but prove me wrong.

But hey, good on boosting the comments on the discussion thread.

Jul 10, 2019 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
I couldn't just take anymore of those uninspired nonsense comedies and that pink girl is way annoying. DROPPED.
Jul 10, 2019 1:53 PM

Apr 2019
Kimurah said:

you vote it a 3 and say its not as terrible as to stop watching it?
you are weird dude

TsukuyomiREKT said:

Lol, I expected you to basically call me a fanboy because that seems to be your default response. I haven't actually watched the show btw. I just looked at the discussions to see what people think about it.

I think its worth watching. I do that since i read the manga.
Check out the Mangareviews that will give you much better idea about how this plays out than the discussion board. After all its either Elitists who watch something for the sake of giving their opinion no one cares about, or Mangareaders on these discussion boards early on, (and a few others).
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 1:53 PM

Sep 2011
Okay, it seems that the first episode was no fluke. This one had some silly moments, and Quitterie got a bit annoying there, but the compelling moments were more than enough to make up for it. I would never have guessed that Quitterie and her little sister weren't really related, they look so much like each other. And it was kind of unexpected, but really cool that Aries has such a good memory, it's undoubtedly going to be really useful, like it already was.

And I loved to hear even more about Kanata's past. No wonder he got so attached to his teacher, and decided to inherit his dream. It is something he chose for himself after all, and not something that was forced upon him by someone else like his father with his dream. But his training certainly paid off, and it was amazing. I loved how the things they found along the way ended up being used and saving them in the end, like the Luca Javelin and those parachute-plants. Good stuff. Now I wonder who broke the communicator, maybe someone who really doesn't want to go home. Either way the plot thickens.
Jul 10, 2019 1:54 PM

Dec 2016
Nim0174 said:
Kimurah said:

you are weird dude

Says the guy with a distorted definition of foreshadowing and accepting any asspulls as good writing, not to mention believeing all the shit a writer creates in it's universe just because the writer said so.
Jul 10, 2019 1:55 PM

Apr 2019
Kimurah said:
Nim0174 said:

you are weird dude

Says the guy with a distorted definition of foreshadowing and accepting any asspulls as good writing.

I am right and you are wrong. Now go on and play with your dolls.
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 1:56 PM

Dec 2016
Nim0174 said:
Kimurah said:

Says the guy with a distorted definition of foreshadowing and accepting any asspulls as good writing.

You're saying it like it's sarcasm, but your whole verbal diarrea boiled down to that, being the bearer of gospel and telling others "you're wrong pleb". And yet I'm the one called a troll, oh the irony
Jul 10, 2019 1:58 PM

Apr 2019
Kimurah said:
Nim0174 said:

You're saying it like it's sarcasm, but your whole verbal diarrea boiled down to that. And yet I'm the one called a troll, oh the irony

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/foreshadow
this should help you
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 1:58 PM

Nov 2017
Will this kindergarten ever end? You're drowning any actual discussion in your vacuus shit flinging that goes absolutely nowhere
Jul 10, 2019 2:02 PM

Feb 2013
ycleped said:
Kimurah said:
they will never be in real danger.

This is a shounen jump manga adaptation, and that's the norm for shounen manga. This, though, is an unconventional shounen jump manga and isn't necessarily the case here.

No, it isn't a shonen jump manga adaptation. Kanata was serialized on Shonen Jump+. Aside from the same first name, it's a different publication with different editors, rules, etc, aside from the fact that the manga there are published online on the website and smartphone app until it gets sufficient chapters for a print volume. There's also the fact that unlike Jump, it has manga focused on older readership and woman as well, unlike Jump which is teenage focused.
Jul 10, 2019 2:08 PM

May 2017
caio_brb said:
ycleped said:

This is a shounen jump manga adaptation, and that's the norm for shounen manga. This, though, is an unconventional shounen jump manga and isn't necessarily the case here.

No, it isn't a shonen jump manga adaptation. Kanata was serialized on Shonen Jump+. Aside from the same first name, it's a different publication with different editors, rules, etc, aside from the fact that the manga there are published online on the website and smartphone app until it gets sufficient chapters for a print volume. There's also the fact that unlike Jump, it has manga focused on older readership and woman as well, unlike Jump which is teenage focused.

Ah, my bad, thanks
Jul 10, 2019 2:32 PM

Apr 2016
Dumb and Dumber on a new planet.

You feel they are aware of their critical situation, NOT.

I know some teenagers have no brain but to that point, it can only be an anime.
Jul 10, 2019 2:39 PM

Jun 2013
Why does this show unironically have the best animation of the season? The number of quality shots surpasses even Vinland Saga and Fire Force.

Why aren't more people talking about this show?

This is actually one of the best shows this season and it slipped under so many people's radars.
Jul 10, 2019 2:43 PM

Apr 2019
ex_necross said:
Why does this show unironically have the best animation of the season? The number of quality shots surpasses even Vinland Saga and Fire Force.

This is actually one of the best shows this season and it slipped under so many people's radars.

because they don't enjoy the comedy and fun characters and we are only 2 episodes in
so people can't judge the plot yet (apart from us manga readers)
the manga was also underread even though its a fucking masterpiece ( for such a short show/read with only 5 volumes and 12 eps)
Nim0174Jul 10, 2019 2:50 PM
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
Why is this discussion nothing but the diary of a passive aggressive retard bickering with everybody for 3 pages? I guess this is the norm for MAL forums but still nobody wants to see this, take this shit in private chat or shut the hell up.

Now for the episode itself, It's fine because i'm a sucker for space stuff but I hope the writing will be more original in the next episodes. The whole show has been predictable as hell thus far.
removed-userJul 10, 2019 3:03 PM
Jul 10, 2019 3:05 PM

Feb 2018
I just with that the show takes it self more serious but this is ok i guess .

Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Dumb and Dumber on a new planet.

You feel they are aware of their critical situation, NOT.

I know some teenagers have no brain but to that point, it can only be an anime.

pretty much

Grimzey said:
Why is this discussion nothing but the diary of a passive aggressive retard bickering with everybody for 3 pages? I guess this is the norm for MAL forums but still nobody wants to see this, take this shit in private chat or shut the hell up.

That's the point of episode discussions , to discuss .
7soJul 10, 2019 3:09 PM
Jul 10, 2019 3:05 PM

Jun 2013
Nim0174 said:
ex_necross said:

because they don't enjoy the comedy and fun characters and we are only 2 episodes in
the manga was also underread even though its a fucking masterpiece ( for such a short show/read with only 5 volumes and 12 eps)

Well I'm not a manga reader but the majority of complaints so far are just meaningless buzzword complaints like "generic", which are to be expected on MAL. People here bandwagon super hard and you should ignore them, otherwise you end up with 3 pages of childish bitching which turns off other people from even starting this show.
Jul 10, 2019 3:24 PM

Jul 2014
I had my doubts about watching this series but thanks to the comments I read recommending it I put it on my list and I'm really glad I did, these 2 episodes have been a lot of fun.

Aries is a blessing, hearing Inori Minase's lovely voice gives me eargasms.... WTF was that laugh lmao.

Funicia is such a cutie... Quitterie's words sure were harsh. I'm glad she made up with everyone but God dammit she had to ruin the moment xD

So yeah, I'm really liking this show, looking forward to more!

SkyLETVJul 10, 2019 3:55 PM
Jul 10, 2019 3:29 PM

Apr 2019
SkyLETV said:
I had my doubts about watching this series but thanks to the comments I read recommending it I put it on my list and I'm really glad I did, these 2 episodes have been a lot of fun.

Aries is a blessing, hearing Inori Minase's lovely voice gives me eargasms.... WTF was that laugh lmao.

Funicia is such a cutie... Quitterie's words sure were harsh. And God dammit, she had to ruin the moment xD

you mean this? :D
i fucking laughed this i mean loved this
it made my day xD
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 3:42 PM

Apr 2016
ex_necross said:
Nim0174 said:

Well I'm not a manga reader but the majority of complaints so far are just meaningless buzzword complaints like "generic", which are to be expected on MAL. People here bandwagon super hard and you should ignore them, otherwise you end up with 3 pages of childish bitching which turns off other people from even starting this show.

I do think the voice acting is over-the-top. Too much to take the story seriously but not enough to bring it to the point of a good comedy. So it's in-between "bad".

For the dialogues it's the same : they act and speak like we are watching the run-of-the-mill romcom in high-school show of the season but it's a ... "survival" kind of story ?

The show tries to be comedic with a serious premise, "why not ?" could I ask, that could work, ... but (for my taste) it fails and turned average at best.
Jul 10, 2019 3:44 PM

May 2016
The tropes are strong with this one.... :P
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jul 10, 2019 3:57 PM

Mar 2014
Kimurah said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

I'm only telling you to do the same thing that you're telling other people to do. The "don't like it, ignore it" argument goes both ways.

No it doesn't you pretty snowflake

Discussion boards are there for people to discuss X titles. Not to be lectured and be told what to do by kids. I'm allowed to discuss my gripes about a title without the need to be bossed around by salty and rusty jimmies that love every piece of media. You can do whatever you want with your time and life, but you can't tell me what to do with mine.

If all you're going to do is just bitch at me for not liking your precious title (wich btw I haven't read at all any opinion on the series on your behalf in this thread, so that just tells me the lvl of butthurt on your behalf), go ahead, but not only you're already wasting your time, but you're also wrong on the very basics of discussion boards.

I'm reading everything you are saying in Simon Cowell's voice LOL
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 10, 2019 3:58 PM

Mar 2014
Can we stop with the "generic" this and that and talk about what the HECK kind of laugh does Aries have...freakin creepy but funny.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 10, 2019 4:03 PM

Jul 2014
Nim0174 said:
SkyLETV said:

Funicia is such a cutie... Quitterie's words sure were harsh. And God dammit, she had to ruin the moment xD

you mean this? :D
i fucking laughed this i mean loved this
it made my day xD

Yeah it was fucking hilarious xD
Jul 10, 2019 4:03 PM

Oct 2012
Weaker than the first episode for sure, although the girl's photographic memory was a new additions, the "captain's" athleticism especially was foreshadowed quite heavily. Maybe it was just me.

As i haven't seen the manga i was expecting something other than what happened from the premise set by episode 1 but if it's a 12 episode show i guess i can't expect too much. The scale of the anime seems slightly too big to get it really covered in 12 episodes, at least in-depth to a degree.

Overall it was enough to get me to watch episode 3 when it comes out but that's about it.

Jul 10, 2019 4:09 PM

Jan 2015
Kimurah said:

Nim0174 said:

There is a reason why these planets have edible things, thats why they chose the planets, it was in the ships database, which means the ship has been to those planets before. It will become clearer in the last Episodes.

And how is that posible? are there multiple suns in that particular galaxy? how is it posible for the farthest planets to hold sustainable life and an atmosphere? Take our solar system as an example out of all the planets only one is in the right place to hold life.

You know what a galaxy is? Our galaxy has hundreds of billions of stars and there could be billions of habitable planets around Sun-like stars. There's nothing weird about them using space travel to travel from one habitable planet to another. If anything, it's weird that there's exactly one route.
Jul 10, 2019 4:11 PM

Jun 2013
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
ex_necross said:

I do think the voice acting is over-the-top. Too much to take the story seriously but not enough to bring it to the point of a good comedy. So it's in-between "bad".

For the dialogues it's the same : they act and speak like we are watching the run-of-the-mill romcom in high-school show of the season but it's a ... "survival" kind of story ?

The show tries to be comedic with a serious premise, "why not ?" could I ask, that could work, ... but (for my taste) it fails and turned average at best.

I mean it's a bit hard to take you seriously when you rate things like AoT as a 10/10, especially when your complaint is "generic" while probably the most generic show on the market is one you find to be perfect.

I'm not gonna get caught up in this though, you only get one bite from me.
Jul 10, 2019 4:13 PM

Sep 2013
don't let Aries laugh again

Jul 10, 2019 4:25 PM

Jan 2012
omg I love her laugh

Jul 10, 2019 4:26 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty generic. Really not what I was looking for in this anime. The characters are still pretty terrible as well. I really wish this show was more about that drama/psychological aspects of being lost in space rather than just being a "high school" dramedy that happens to have space as a setting.
Jul 10, 2019 4:45 PM

Apr 2016
ex_necross said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

I mean it's a bit hard to take you seriously when you rate things like AoT as a 10/10, especially when your complaint is "generic" while probably the most generic show on the market is one you find to be perfect.

I'm not gonna get caught up in this though, you only get one bite from me.

AOT has certainly many flaws and "generic" aspects, which I don't like either, but calling it "the most generic show on the market" when you consider the world building aspect of the story is "funnily" wrong. I don't think you'll see many stories evolving like AOT in a decade or more and the last season was precisely about all that in the end and from my point of view, because it's so rare, it deserved a 10.

but coming back to the point and trying to compromise: let's say that the shitty aspects of "kanata no astra" are as shitty as AOT shitty aspects, but at least AOT has something to redeem itself, that Kanata no astra doesn't (until now).
Ysad_ZiwezhanJul 10, 2019 4:51 PM
Jul 10, 2019 4:52 PM

Dec 2016
zemrood said:
Kimurah said:

And how is that posible? are there multiple suns in that particular galaxy? how is it posible for the farthest planets to hold sustainable life and an atmosphere? Take our solar system as an example out of all the planets only one is in the right place to hold life.

You know what a galaxy is? Our galaxy has hundreds of billions of stars and there could be billions of habitable planets around Sun-like stars. There's nothing weird about them using space travel to travel from one habitable planet to another. If anything, it's weird that there's exactly one route.

And did you see any of them mentioning traveling between GALAXIES? no you didn't, because it didn't happen at all. They just talked about making stops between planets, and their star chart didn't make any mention about these planets being on different galaxies or star positions for the matter. They are just convenient habitable worlds or pit stops within reach.

Like some other have said, I wonder how much are you guys being payed by the author to defend such garbage writing on this space picnic disguised as sci-fi
Jul 10, 2019 4:55 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. First stop is quite a ride, liked the jungle planet. Bossun esque Kanata getting respect from his teammates. Little laugh of Aries is cute. And that last scene the crew had a traitor on board, who was it? Waiting for next episode reveal.

Jul 10, 2019 5:19 PM

Jun 2015
I've seen the list of that Kimurah guy. Yeah he's pretty much a troll. He also has the comments on his profile disabled. He probably gets a lot of questions every time xD
Fortune favours the bold!

Jul 10, 2019 5:24 PM
Oct 2016
by the way in each episode will focus on the history of some character?

and frankly I'm not very interested in that either because the anime can not really make me care about these characters.

I'm not fucking fucking this boring blonde fucking anime could be a little more serious a lot of comedy asks for the focus on the drama scenes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2019 5:25 PM

Aug 2018
ProofByColor said:
Pretty generic. Really not what I was looking for in this anime. The characters are still pretty terrible as well. I really wish this show was more about that drama/psychological aspects of being lost in space rather than just being a "high school" dramedy that happens to have space as a setting.

Unfortunately I can't say I entirely disagree with this. The manga readers keep saying "Wait it gets better" but when you only have 12 episodes to work with, the tone you set early on has repercussions for the rest of the series. Every episode matters, so to speak.

If the semi-perilous space high school dramedy continues for more than another episode or so, any tone shift to the serious will be very jarring... The trailer for the series promised something entirely more edgy and dramatic, and I think I probably speak for a lot of us when I say I'm wrestling with what my expectations were going in.
Set SCE to AUX
Jul 10, 2019 5:25 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, not really a good continuation... The melodrama was way too forced and the exposition was just awful... it's 'tell not show' approach all the time and it's not getting any better (yet they only told us they somehow GOT the supplies but not showing HOW). And the way they constantly use those flashbacks to explain characters in the present is getting pretty formulaic.

Also, I didn't liked the comedy part, they are making farce of this show and undermining its credibility and believability.There are no real threats. Some scenes are there just for laughs, not because of the plot. You can easily compare it to Lost in Space movie to realize how bad it is, they are mostly just children, yes (although 17 year old ones, almost adults), but save for one or two they simply have no common sense.

Their actions are so illogical it hurts... just few examples:
- They are touching everything on alien planet not being careful of any consequences.
- Most of they are randomly acting like brats for the sake of it
- Kanata just eats the fruit without any tests perfomed on it (he didn't know if it's edible). He could easily get himself poisoned, that's not heroics, that's stupidity.
- Kanata thoughtlessly risks his life to make those jumps, he should win some Darwin price or something. He acts first and thinks the second. Not really something fit for the captain.
- The action on screen is turnbased (common flaw in many anime): But the creature just waits till he says his words and get there.
- Kanata throws that spear to kill the beast not really thinking of consequences: what would most likely happen is the creature would take nosedive after killing Funicia by the impact.

The worse - they aren't just naive as any teenager would be, they are just retarded and suicidal.

And what was even that robotic laugh Aries did in the end? WHY they even made Inase Minori do that?

So to sum it up - this was really bad episode. Three episodes rule then if it don't get any better the next time, I would probably drop it (the villain part at the end was probably the most intesting part but there are only two people able to do that so it's not so interesting anyway).
Jul 10, 2019 5:28 PM

Apr 2019
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
ex_necross said:

this is what i want to see
constructive criticism
congratulations you are the first in this thread
its a valid argument too i get that some people do not like the light hearted approach because it contradicts the setting
i loved that to be honest. i love the dialogue etc.
but what makes this a masterpiece for me is not that. its the mystery and plot twists
u'll get what i mean in episode 8~ ish
if the episodes were just this and the plot would continue until they reach their home planet i would consider it average too.

Kimurah said:
zemrood said:

And did you see any of them mentioning traveling between GALAXIES? no you didn't, because it didn't happen at all. They just talked about making stops between planets, and their star chart didn't make any mention about these planets being on different galaxies or star positions for the matter. They are just convenient habitable worlds or pit stops within reach.

Like some other have said, I wonder how much are you guys being payed by the author to defend such garbage writing on this space picnic disguised as sci-fi

dude
no one said anything about multiple galaxies
ONE GALAXY contains A LOT of stars xD
are you incapable of comprehension, must be the 2nd time im asking this.

it is seriously impossible to underestimate you

also

@zemrood good point actually pointing out that there is only 1 route, that is weird gotta agree with you there.
Nim0174Jul 10, 2019 5:40 PM
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 5:36 PM
Mar 2018
Kimurah said:
zemrood said:

You said "are there multiple suns in that particular galaxy?", btw, binary star systems are not strange, this doesn't matter to what we are discussing.

A galaxy has a lot of planetary systems, they are just travelling between some of them, those that have habitable planets. (Anyway, their calculations are still a nonsense in a lot of ways).

About what Nim0174 said, "it was in the ships database, which means the ship has been to those planets before", maybe the previous owners of the ship just introduced in the ship a database from somewhere, I guess they never talked about the ship having visited those planets before.

And well, yes, the space and sci-fi genres (or the lack of) on this anime are just stetic. This caused a lot of ilogic and stupid things in just two episodes, the most of them because the author (or the one who made the adaptation) decided that some kind of "space problems" would be nice, but without put any effort on making it realistic or logic... and the anime still have more and more fails and problems, it's incredible how it can fail on practically everything. Since SAO I don't remember anything worse than this.
Jul 10, 2019 5:42 PM

Apr 2019
@Faendras you forgot Tate no Yuusha and Konosuba
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 6:19 PM

Oct 2015
I liked how Quiterrie changed from being a total Byaaa*** to being just a B***h. Who could hate Funi, she's such an adorable little thing anyone could love!? This series rocks to me, all the characters are just perfect with no flaws to criticize. Kanata makes a good captain and I liked how he saved Funi in that situation.

I'm not that of a space fan, but I'm loving what I see right now because the series is progressing well and the pacing is of my liking. Just please don't laugh again Aries, that was just ridiculous!

Also that mysterious cliffhanger!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 10, 2019 6:22 PM

Mar 2014
The drama is cheap and the comedy appears at the worst points. Guess I will drop it.
Jul 10, 2019 6:29 PM
Mar 2018
Nim0174 said:
@Faendras you forgot Tate no Yuusha and Konosuba

Konosuba is just absurd comedy, it didn't try to be realistic or logic, just comedy, and it does it pretty well (in my opinion).

Tate no Yuusha has very bad things, but I guess it has less fails than Kanata no Astra.

One that I just remembered (I would prefer not to have done it) is Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi, it is even worse than SAO.

Btw, when I talk about something being worse than SAO, I'm talking about, despite having good ideas, they simply destroy them in the worst possible way.
Jul 10, 2019 6:30 PM

Oct 2016
-Aries scaring Yunhua (and everyone else) was pretty funny.
-The music at around 3:20 (with the food in the background) reminded me of Animal Crossing on the Gamecube, so that was nice.
-If Quitterie is this terrified of space life, she should look into another field. Seems pretty dumb to make this one of her quirky character traits, given the context of the show.
>What's up with the boys?
Oh dang, Luca's a boy?
-That scream when Quitterie messes with that parachute plant was pretty funny.
>STOP ANALYZING CALMLY!
YOU HEARD THE LADY EVERYONE FREAK OUT!
-These people need to quit lying around, aren't their lives on the line here? Though I guess I can't blame them for wanting to take in the scenery of a different planet.
-I feel bad for Funicia, she must feel like a 3rd wheel (9th wheel?)
>The sphere returns.
Oh crap. I actually wasn't expecting this at all.
>Photographic memory.
Dumb trope to be honest, but I guess they had to give her something. I'm sure it will be used in the future.
-I like that they stuck with the name "Tur-gon".
>Zack and Quitterie were childhood friends all along!
-Honestly the drama with that entire "Quitterie going too far and yelling at Funicia and crying and storming off" felt so forced. Everthing about it.
>Nobody taught me how to love.
Oh shut up lol.
>He made that jump.
Yeah right. I would believe it if his anti-gravity shoes hadn't broken.
>Zack conveniently remembers that Kanata is some famous decathlete.
>Even though, he's a decathlete, that alone doesn't explain how he's making these jumps! It's the need he has to save his friends!
These 2 last statements alone are dumb, but combined with...
>I'm not a competitive decathlete.
Then how did Zack hear of him before? If he's just some decathlete, but isn't a competitive on, why would Zack remember hearing about that?
>Oh shoot, looks like Kanata is about to fall!
>Conveniently timed parachute plant
Oh screw you. Why create false intensity?
-I will admit that Quitterie hugging Funicia near the end was kind of nice. She seems like she meant what she said. Hopefully she doesn't go back to being a jerk to her sister.
-That laugh.
>One of us is the one who sabotaged the ship.
I will admit that this was interesting to hear.
Despite the dumb stuff in this episode, I'm still giving this show a 6 (Fine) so far. I'm just glad to have another non-Mecha space anime. The sphere returning was pretty cool even though it could have been done better. I mean, the first time it appeared, they were running for their lives and still all got caught by it, but the second time, it practically spawned right beside them. They were running, stopped and argued for a few seconds, and still outran it. Also, I wonder if the sphere can appear on the ship? That would be bad for sure.
The twist at the end of the episode was very interesting. My biggest 3 suspects are Zack, Ulgar, and Yunhua.
And with that, the first volume of the manga is adapted. 7/49 chapters. Perhaps they will be able to fit it all in one season? I have been reading the manga alongside watching the anime. There are a few bits from the manga that I wish hadn't been cut out, but for the most part it seems like a loyal adaptation so far.
Some examples of stuff that should have stayed in the show, but were cut out:
01. (Looking at pile of fruits) "This looks like a modern art exhibit."
02. Zack holding Funicia's hand when helping her find her room.
03. Zack: Kanata, I need to talk to you in private.
Kanata: Zack, I'm glad you feel that way about me but
Zack: Not that!
Honestly the adapters screwed up not leaving those in. It makes Kanata seem so much more funny and Zack seem like a sweet but stern person.
I heard the manga gets better after the first volume and REALLY good about halfway through, so I am excited.

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, an episode with survival elements. I'm almost getting a No Man's Sky kinda vibe. The monster they faced this episode shows how dangerous certain planets can be.

Gotta say though, the world they're building into this series is very colorful and unique. Hope to see more like that. The comedy still remains lighthearted as usual with the character chemistry. However, episode got more emotional this week.

>Gotta say though, the world they're building into this series is very colorful and unique.
This is definitely a big plus for the series so far.

JUUSEE said:
Good episode. Not a manga reader, but by the looks of it the adaptation's going well so far, but isn't 5 chapters quite a bit of ground to cover in one episode?

Having a traitor on board is to be expected although I was hoping this wouldn't be the case. It would be interesting if the scene where Funicia asked Zack what was wrong wasn't of him discovering that the communicator was missing, but was when he was actually removing it himself.

Characters are looking good so far, although we have yet to see much from Ulgar and Yunhua.

The mysterious sphere appears again out of nowhere. I'm thinking that this is engineered by somebody in some way or at the very least manipulated.

>Isn't 5 chapters quite a bit of ground to cover in one episode?
It really didn't cut out much.

Spaceship said:
Anyone else feel like Kanata suddenly eating the fruit and completely losing it vs. Quitterie was a little too over the top for him? Especially since he's shrugged off arguably worse barbs from her before...

Yeah, that whole bit was all very forced.

Kimurah said:
Blergh, what a load of crap and writer's convenience this episode turned out to be

They got lost in a forest in an uncharted world, yet the dumbest member of the team has photographic memory and she mentions it in the exact moment they need it the most. Same with Kanata that he's an alleged athlete, yet on all the dumb flashbacks that have been repeated over and over, it was never pointed out that he was an A class athlete. The author truly doesn't know jack shit how to foreshadow events in order to make the story advance in a natural way. Something more intuitive before entering the woods, would be if anyone in the exploring team would have marked the trees with any kind of sharp object and create a path to retreat to in case of an emergency like the one they had. The idiocy on the whole group would have gotten them killed in any other kind of media, but because it's anime and the author just loves to pave the way for them to move forward on planets with convenient atmosphere and edible fruits (and boy, the food tester just feels like another massive asspull) they will never be in real danger.

The human chain in the first episode was a pretty big mistake. They are now fighting each other and neglecting Kanata that at least tries to keep the group safe, hence this route feels like a step back. Kanata's idiotic move to go hunt a dragon makes him even less reliable despite his good intentions to keep the group together.

So sad that this contrived story is all in the name of friendship and alleged character growth.

I know write? This episode was full of conveniences. Adding on to your athlete point, note that he mentions that he is not a competitive athlete. Then how did Zack just suddenly recognize him as some famous athlete that he read about in an article? It doesn't make any sense. Not to mention Aries says that his need to help his friends helped him make that jump. So much BS. And when they make us think something crazy might happen, he just gets caught by one of those parachute plants. Very convenient. As for the photographic memory thing, it's probably the writer's attempt to make Aries useful in the future. It was still pretty dumb though.

2ego said:
Welll, that felt disappointing, I guess I set my expectations too high.. I really hate the cast, it's insanely generic, I'm so tired of characters like them. The first planet was pretty bizarre I guess, but it didn't make me go like "wow" or anything, it felt rather...boring. And the person that cut communicators, I can easily guess who it was: the glasses quiet girl. An obvious guess, I suppose.

I feel like it might be her too.

phantomfandom said:
I think this anime lack fanservice, next planets better have hot springs. Kanata must have nice muscle...

>I think this anime lack fanservice
Good.

aLotQuestion_ said:
Not sure if anyone noticed, but if you use Rokka no Yuusha mindset to think about it.
The culprit could be Aries, who cut off the communicator.

First point I found in this episode that doesn't make sense, she claimed that she doesn't has much friends despite being cheerful and good in communicating.

Second point is that, she has pink hair you should know what that mean in a survival genre.

That would definitely be really cool. If she does end up being the villain, I hope they execute it well, because so far this show has poor execution. It would be a shame if such an interesting twist was executed poorly.

Rowan_F said:
I got really confused five minutes in. They all walk onto the planet with their helmets on so I think "oh yeah, the atmosphere must not be breathable" but then a second later they all just have the helmets off. I thought it was a mistake like "wait, where did the helmets go, why aren't the choking?" Eventually I realised, it was just bad directing in that bit.

Rest of the episode was good though. I like the imagination put into the plant life.

Good eye. I didn't notice that.

trenchantbaka said:
For the people saying the characters are generic; yes they are. They are very strictly based on shounen tropes. But does that mean that this show won't be any fun whatsoever? No. The manga of this anime was another example of a case where I enjoyed a story with generic characters. So I think people should fix their expectations by now.

I'm glad you enjoy the character, but a lot of people (myself included) don't. No need to get upset about it. Some people have higher expectations.

shanimebib said:
It's definitely gonna be a complete adaptation. So, let's see what we have here for the source material:

- Ranked in Kono Manga ga Sugoi 2019 (3rd Place). √
- Winner of the Manga Taisho Award for 2019. √
- Majority of the readers opinion: That second half of the story.√
- Nothing but positive reviews (8/10 or more) in most of the popular sites.√

Ah! People will go like "Oh, this is so generic and boring." and then leave early and then come back again when the overall score jumps roughly around episode 6 or 7. Hmm. I can totally see that happening.

Also, weekly appreciation of the beauty that is Quitterie. ❤

So what? The manga is highly appraised. Does that mean people aren't allowed to criticize the show based on the 2 episodes we've been given so far? From what I've heard, the manga really starts to get good at the halfway mark, but for me and many other so far, it comes off as generic. This is a discussion board for the anime version and so far the anime is just average-ish, in my opinion. Don't get so upset that people aren't enjoying it so far.
Also Quitterie is WORST girl.

syncrogazer said:
I wouldn't even call this writing, it's just shit strung together at break-neck speed. I laughed when she said she didn't need friends and one flashback and a scary situation later she loves her friends. Should have stopped when Aries revealed her photographic memory. Oh and by the way the guy is an athlete, fuck these people. Awful.

The comedy in the beginning was kind of fun, but I don't think I can sit through another episode of this. Planet hopping space adventures have never looked so shitty.

You pretty much summed up how I feel.

Spaceship said:
Nim0174 said:

gotta hope all these fact claiming complainers drop it fast so we don't need to read their unconstructive comments anymore xD

They won't. They get off on the reactions they get from people who actually enjoy and defend the show. Best policy is just to ignore. I got into it with one of those jackasses earlier today and it was a mistake. Don't feed the trolls.

Brushing off any critique as haters or trolls is so incredibly immature. Discussion boards have different opinions. Get over it. Seriously.

Trentin said:
Not as good as the beginning but still really good, the new planets are hopefully going to be really interesting if they are all up to par with this one which makes me really excited. Not the best cast so far but they are slowly growing on me, depending on how long it is since the manga isn't that long I feel like there is too many characters, this can be chalked up to the fact that it hasn't had time to properly characterize them yet but I do worry that a few of them might end up to be a bit weak.

The Revelation at the end of the episode makes me even more excited to continue with this series, If it continues this strongly I'll be very happy.

Variety of planets is what I look forward to most in Space shows. I'm looking forward to the potential this anime has.

Smudy said:
Don't you people have something better to do? I wouldn't think so but prove me wrong.

But hey, good on boosting the comments on the discussion thread.

What's bothering you about people debating. That's one of the things discussion boards are for.

Jul 10, 2019 7:03 PM

Sep 2017
Spaceship said:
The trailer for the series promised something entirely more edgy and dramatic, and I think I probably speak for a lot of us when I say I'm wrestling with what my expectations were going in.

Ikr... idk what they were thinking making the PV what's probably the most intense moment in the entire friggin series. Way to troll literally everyone who saw the PV and thought this would be really intense sci-fi thriller or something...
Jul 10, 2019 7:46 PM
Apr 2016
Pikslap said:
-

What's bothering you about people debating. That's one of the things discussion boards are for.

There's no problem with people debating, except you guys don't offer anything constructive and worthwhile to the discussion except trashing it and calling it "shit" and "not even writing". OF COURSE you're going to be called "trolling" and "rude" if you word things like that, what else would you expect? I actually do think your gripes with the series thus far have a point, but the way you word it just leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouths.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

236 by naturalbrawler »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.