Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2019 5:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, an episode with survival elements. I'm almost getting a No Man's Sky kinda vibe. The monster they faced this episode shows how dangerous certain planets can be.

Gotta say though, the world they're building into this series is very colorful and unique. Hope to see more like that. The comedy still remains lighthearted as usual with the character chemistry. However, episode got more emotional this week.
Stark700Jul 10, 2019 6:14 AM
Jul 10, 2019 6:07 AM
Aug 2018
Seems like they could pull off a complete adaptation in 12 episodes.
Pace seems good for me since I've read the manga but it might be a bit fast for some people. They adapted nearly 5 chapters this episode.
Jul 10, 2019 6:27 AM

Apr 2019
bineet11 said:
Pace seems good for me since I've read the manga but it might be a bit fast for some people. They adapted nearly 5 chapters this episode.

AH WONDERFUL this is what i hoped
this is exactly the information i was looking for

i was hoping they'd go with 4-5 chapters per ep
at a pace of 4.27 chapters per episode its absolutely gonna be a whole adaptation
@bineet11 do you feel it was a good pace?

haven't seen the episode yet, where is it out?

You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 6:52 AM
Jan 2017
Nim0174 said:

haven't seen the episode yet, where is it out?

I just watched it on Hulu.

Additionally, I am really liking how there are adapting this.
Jul 10, 2019 7:09 AM

Oct 2015
Good episode. Not a manga reader, but by the looks of it the adaptation's going well so far, but isn't 5 chapters quite a bit of ground to cover in one episode?

Having a traitor on board is to be expected although I was hoping this wouldn't be the case. It would be interesting if the scene where Funicia asked Zack what was wrong wasn't of him discovering that the communicator was missing, but was when he was actually removing it himself.

Characters are looking good so far, although we have yet to see much from Ulgar and Yunhua.

The mysterious sphere appears again out of nowhere. I'm thinking that this is engineered by somebody in some way or at the very least manipulated.
Jul 10, 2019 7:16 AM

Aug 2018
Anyone else feel like Kanata suddenly eating the fruit and completely losing it vs. Quitterie was a little too over the top for him? Especially since he's shrugged off arguably worse barbs from her before...

bineet11 said:

I agree! I like the fact that they decided to forgo the OP and ED to relieve some of the pressure on the pacing...

JUUSEE said:
Characters are looking good so far, although we have yet to see much from Ulgar and Yunhua.

It looks like they're going to focus on fleshing out at least one character or character dynamic per episode; this one was Quitterie and Funicia's (and Kanata's to a lesser degree---he got a lot last episode). Ulgar and Yunhua's episodes will probably follow...
Set SCE to AUX
Jul 10, 2019 7:16 AM

Apr 2019
HAHAHAHA ARIES VA LAUGHING AT THE END OF THE EPISODE
HILAAAAAAAAAAAAARIOUS LOL

this ep was an improvement over the manga for sure. good cuts better immersion, added a tiny scene as foreshadowing, sticks to the plot etc
ive always liked quittery since she is a tsundere but capable of admitting faults and apologizing
and sorry.. but i laughed way too hard at the way aries laughed in the ending credit scene.. that was fucking hilarious xD

JUUSEE said:
Good episode. Not a manga reader, but by the looks of it the adaptation's going well so far, but isn't 5 chapters quite a bit of ground to cover in one episode?

Having a traitor on board is to be expected although I was hoping this wouldn't be the case. It would be interesting if the scene where Funicia asked Zack what was wrong wasn't of him discovering that the communicator was missing, but was when he was actually removing it himself.

The mysterious sphere appears again out of nowhere. I'm thinking that this is engineered by somebody in some way or at the very least manipulated.

chapters are only 20 pages, chapter 1 had 65 pages

they did change and cut some stuff, but now that i've seen this episode it was actually an improvement over the manga although i miss the landing scene it was unnecessary so its a good cut, they cut some more stuff but its definitely a good cut

what i do miss is zack saying "EHHHHHHH QUITTERY APOLOGIZED?" but it would have broken the atmosphere in the anime so that was a good cut, but zacks face in the manga was priceless xD

overall i felt it was a really good pace
at 11 episodes, 4-5 chapters will net us the whole adaptation, this episode was fantastic, so im looking forward to seeing the whole story.

there is one thing in the ending credit scene i missed though NO why
they cut such hilarious dialogue
when zack tells kanata "we have to talk"
kanata first says "Zack, im sorry, i don't feel that way about you" XD
before they talk about the communicator, kinda sad they cut that one but its fine xD
Nim0174Jul 10, 2019 7:21 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 7:34 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Wow, they concluded the entire foraging trip in planet Vilavurs in just one episode? It doesn't look like the pacing felt rushed at all, and it looks like the studio is going to adapt the entire manga in just 12 episodes? Sounds good enough with me as I think it was a good idea to flesh out the character dynamic between Quitterie and Funicia in this episode, and this pacing it feels like the story is going to flow pretty well.

This episode is great! It had some funny moments, but I was totally caught off-guard by Aries' laughter during the credits roll. Hahaha, so funny! So that was how Aries laughs?? Kudos to my favorite seiyuu Inorin for a fantastic voice acting performance! <3
Jul 10, 2019 7:39 AM

Dec 2016
Blergh, what a load of crap and writer's convenience this episode turned out to be

They got lost in a forest in an uncharted world, yet the dumbest member of the team has photographic memory and she mentions it in the exact moment they need it the most. Same with Kanata that he's an alleged athlete, yet on all the dumb flashbacks that have been repeated over and over, it was never pointed out that he was an A class athlete. The author truly doesn't know jack shit how to foreshadow events in order to make the story advance in a natural way. Something more intuitive before entering the woods, would be if anyone in the exploring team would have marked the trees with any kind of sharp object and create a path to retreat to in case of an emergency like the one they had. The idiocy on the whole group would have gotten them killed in any other kind of media, but because it's anime and the author just loves to pave the way for them to move forward on planets with convenient atmosphere and edible fruits (and boy, the food tester just feels like another massive asspull) they will never be in real danger.

The human chain in the first episode was a pretty big mistake. They are now fighting each other and neglecting Kanata that at least tries to keep the group safe, hence this route feels like a step back. Kanata's idiotic move to go hunt a dragon makes him even less reliable despite his good intentions to keep the group together.

So sad that this contrived story is all in the name of friendship and alleged character growth.
KimurahJul 10, 2019 7:47 AM
Jul 10, 2019 7:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I quite enjoy this anime. Space exploration has always been an interesting topic to me, probably why I was so intrigued by No Man's Sky back in the day (well, before it came out mind you)

Having a potential traitor in the midst would make it even more interesting though so that's a welcome surprise addition, though I could definitely see that being a misconception and it actually being the work of outside influence too

The characters themselves are a bit dumb though I feel but oh well
Jul 10, 2019 7:44 AM

Aug 2018
Kimurah said:
blah blah blah

Go away.

HaXXspetten said:
I quite enjoy this anime. Space exploration has always been an interesting topic to me, probably why I was so intrigued by No Man's Sky back in the day (well, before it came out mind you)

Same here. My daughter enjoys the space exploration concept also so I'm looking forward to watching this with her when the dub comes out (she's not a sub watcher) as long as it doesn't completely go off the rails.
Set SCE to AUX
Jul 10, 2019 7:49 AM
Jun 2011
Kimurah said:
Blergh, what a load of crap and writer's convenience this episode turned out to be

They got lost in a forest in an uncharted world, yet the dumbest member of the team has photographic memory and she mentions it in the exact moment they need it the most. Same with Kanata that he's an alleged athlete, yet on all the dumb flashbacks that have been repeated over and over, it was never pointed out that he was an A class athlete. The author truly doesn't know jack shit how to foreshadow events in order to make the story advance in a natural way. Something more intuitive before entering the woods, would be if anyone in the exploring team would have marked the trees with any kind of sharp object and create a path to retreat to in case of an emergency like the one they had. The idiocy on the whole group would have gotten them killed in any other kind of media, but because it's anime and the author just loves to pave the way for them to move forward on planets with convenient atmosphere and edible fruits (and boy, the food tester just feels like another massive asspull) they will never be in real danger.

The human chain in the first episode was a pretty big mistake. They are now fighting each other and neglecting Kanata that at least tries to keep the group safe, hence this route feels like a step back. Kanata's idiotic move to go hunt a dragon makes him even less reliable despite his good intentions to keep the group together.

So sad that this contrived story is all in the name of friendship and alleged character growth.

Well said. I read the manga and it doesn't get any better. The initial premise had a lot of promise, but the writing is just atrocious.
Jul 10, 2019 8:01 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Pretty shaky episode tbh. The first part where they were having fun while searching for food was boring. Later half too, that drama of Quitteree and Funicia didn't touch me tiny bit. It is not the same quality as SKET Dance yo.

3/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 10, 2019 8:05 AM

Apr 2019
Kimurah said:

They got lost in a forest in an uncharted world, yet the dumbest member of the team has photographic memory and she mentions it in the exact moment they need it the most. Same with Kanata that he's an alleged athlete, yet on all the dumb flashbacks that have been repeated over and over, it was never pointed out that he was an A class athlete. The author truly doesn't know jack shit how to foreshadow events in order to make the story advance in a natural way.

She mentions it, because she is using it, and there was no need to mention it beforehand, its Ep2, it just happens to be the first moment where it was relevant, same for Kanata. There was no need to foreshadow these Events, they aren't relevant to the Main Plot, the Main Plot already had foreshadowings, but u won't notice that until the 2nd half of the story.

Kimurah said:

Something more intuitive before entering the woods, would be if anyone in the exploring team would have marked the trees with any kind of sharp object and create a path to retreat to in case of an emergency like the one they had. The idiocy on the whole group would have gotten them killed in any other kind of media, but because it's anime and the author just loves to pave the way for them to move forward on planets with convenient atmosphere and edible fruits (and boy, the food tester just feels like another massive asspull) they will never be in real danger.

I can agree with you on one thing, they should have made markings on the trees
but who would expect the sphere to pop up again? then you could argue there might have been other dangers, then yea, it would have been a good choice probably, but they could just not have thought of it because their minds was occupied, forgetting to pay attention to all possibilities happens.

How is the edibility tester an asspull? They have Spaceships for gods sake. Its Sci Fi, and Zack seems perfectly capable of engineering stuff.

There is a reason why these planets have edible things, thats why they chose the planets, it was in the ships database, which means the ship has been to those planets before. It will become clearer in the last Episodes.
(otherwise there would have been more than one route for sure)

Nim0174Jul 10, 2019 8:09 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 8:14 AM

May 2017
And thus one of my favorite mangas ever continues to receive a top notch adaptation. The production values are insane, they're clearly skipping OP/EDs to include as much of the story as possible, and the atmosphere continues to be completely immersive.

The atmosphere is one of the most important things in a story like this, and it was great in the manga, but this anime adaptation just takes it to a whole new level. I am absolutely enthralled.
Jul 10, 2019 8:17 AM

May 2017
Kimurah said:
they will never be in real danger.

This is a shounen jump manga adaptation, and that's the norm for shounen manga. This, though, is an unconventional shounen jump manga and isn't necessarily the case here.
Jul 10, 2019 8:17 AM

Dec 2016
Nim0174 said:

She mentions it, because she is using it, and there was no need to mention it beforehand, its Ep2, it just happens to be the first moment where it was relevant, same for Kanata. There was no need to foreshadow these Events, they aren't relevant to the Main Plot, the Main Plot already had foreshadowings, but u won't notice that until the 2nd half of the story.

She mentions it in the heat of the moment. A good writer would have lampshaded/mentioned openly her god given gift before putting it on practice. She could have mentioned it when she presented herself in class, but yet it seemed more important to detail that she is a person that can't read the ambiance in a room. How does a person with photographic memory forgets her probably most important skill?

It's still a pretty bad cliche to pull out an important skill just in the most dire moment

Nim0174 said:

How is the edibility tester an asspull? They have Spaceships for gods sake. Its Sci Fi, and Zack seems perfectly capable of engineering stuff.

How is it not? a claimed 200iq character knows everything about everything and can craft anything out of his ass just because the author claimed "oh he's a very smart guy"

Nim0174 said:

There is a reason why these planets have edible things, thats why they chose the planets, it was in the ships database, which means the ship has been to those planets before. It will become clearer in the last Episodes.

And how is that posible? are there multiple suns in that particular galaxy? how is it posible for the farthest planets to hold sustainable life and an atmosphere? Take our solar system as an example out of all the planets only one is in the right place to hold life.
Jul 10, 2019 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
So that mysterious sphere appeared again was about to send the guys away to space again.

The guys finally got to eat meat.

The way Aries was laughing was funny.

Jul 10, 2019 8:23 AM

Apr 2019
Kimurah said:
Nim0174 said:

She mentions it in the heat of the moment. A good writer would have lampshaded/mentioned openly her god given gift before putting it on practice. She could have mentioned it when she presented herself in class, but yet it seemed more important to detail that she is a person that can't read the ambiance in a room. How does a person with photographic memory forgets her probably most important skill?

It's still a pretty bad cliche to pull out an important skill just in the most dire moment

Nim0174 said:

How is it not? a claimed 200iq character knows everything about everything and can craft anything out of his ass just because the author claimed "oh he's a very smart guy"

Nim0174 said:

And how is that posible? are there multiple suns in that particular galaxy? how is it posible for the farthest planets to hold sustainable life and an atmosphere? Take our solar system as an example out of all the planets only one is in the right place to hold life.

1. if i was in that situation i'd stay quiet about my photographic memory unless i got into exactly that, a dangerous situation, there is no need to mention it in any other situation except for a dangerous one. only when the necessity occurs, something ought to be mentioned , she got asked by the hot guy, so she answered him
i wouldn't say anything either until im asked.

2. he could have made it before, edibility testers don't seem like a difficult technology compared to spaceships, doesn't strike me as an asspull.

3. yes galaxies can contain multiple suns
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 8:25 AM
Apr 2016
Kimurah said:
Nim0174 said:

Nim0174 said:

Nim0174 said:

Aries did say in her "introduction" that "My special skill is that I never forget people I meet"...

Also, the planet database was not from the ship. It was from Zack himself who brought it along in the trip.
Jul 10, 2019 8:27 AM
Apr 2016
Welll, that felt disappointing, I guess I set my expectations too high.. I really hate the cast, it's insanely generic, I'm so tired of characters like them. The first planet was pretty bizarre I guess, but it didn't make me go like "wow" or anything, it felt rather...boring. And the person that cut communicators, I can easily guess who it was: the glasses quiet girl. An obvious guess, I suppose.
Jul 10, 2019 8:27 AM

Apr 2019
oh yeah thanks for mentioning that @Tsukizono
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
Not quite as good as the first episode, but still very enjoyable.
My main issue was how the comedy undermined the dramatic tone.
I'm also not a huge fan of pink-haired girl, but as long as the rest of the cast continues to be strong, I can accept it.

Overall thus far: 8.6/10
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jul 10, 2019 8:32 AM

Jun 2010
FINALLY Quitterie will stop a bit of bothering. I know such characters are common and everything. But it's just annoying.
Jul 10, 2019 8:34 AM

Dec 2016
Nim0174 said:

1. if i was in that situation i'd stay quiet about my photographic memory unless i got into exactly that, a dangerous situation, there is no need to mention it in any other situation except for a dangerous one. only when the necessity occurs, something ought to be mentioned , she got asked by the hot guy, so she answered him

Are you a pinkheaded airhead in anime world? if so, yeah probably. If you're a real person I'm afraid real people actually talk about their best assets as a person when they introduce themselves into any new enviroment with new people.

If you don't consider it an aspull, serve yourself, not everyone is as gullible or has such a low bar.

Nim0174 said:

2. he could have made it before, edibility testers don't seem like a difficult technology compared to spaceships, doesn't strike me as an asspull.

Wich is my point, Zac will always be the go to guy to solve all tehcnical problems. That's just cheap writing

Nim0174 said:

But has this particular one been stablished to be one of those miraculous galaxies? No it hasn't, that's my whole point

Tsukizono said:

Aries did say in her "introduction" that "My special skill is that I never forget people I meet"...

Also, the planet database was not from the ship. It was from Zack himself who brought it along in the trip.

Having good memory to remember people faces does not equal to having photographic memory. People with good memory can remember anything from places to writeups to people, that's not what it seemed with Aries introduction.
KimurahJul 10, 2019 8:37 AM
Jul 10, 2019 8:36 AM

Aug 2013
Kimurah said:
Spaceship said:

Based on your behavior in the Astra episode 1 discussion, there's absolutely no point in trying to refute anything in any of your posts.

Is your mind open to being changed on any of your "points?" No? Trolling.

What a retarded, fanboy and childish mentallity

Says dude who want "real" sci-fi and calls other people who understand that this is not a space simulation or space documentary, but science fiction story focused on characters that you need to enjoy "retards" and "kids". If author says that something is possible in his world, then it's possible. As long as he won't introduce any conflicting ideas, it's totally fine. Even if it's impossible in our real world. That's why it's called a fiction.

Funny thing - you aren't questioning the existence of engine which is capable of moving these space ships faster than light, but you're questioning the character that is mentioning about her photo memory in situation where she's forced to use it.
Great logic.
As some people above said, stop trolling because it's pathetic.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 10, 2019 8:41 AM

Apr 2019
Kimurah said:
Nim0174 said:

Are you a pinkheaded airhead in anime world? if so, yeah probably. If you're a real person I'm afraid real people actually talk about their best assets as a person when they introduce themselves into any new enviroment with new people.

If you don't consider it an aspull, serve yourself, not everyone is as gullible or has such a low bar.

Nim0174 said:

Wich is my point, Zac will always be the go to guy to solve all tehcnical problems. That's just cheap writing

Nim0174 said:

But has this particular one been stablished to be one of those miraculous galaxies? No it hasn't, that's my whole point

Tsukizono said:

Having good memory to remember people faces does not equal to having photographic memory. People with good memory can remember anything from places to writeups to people, that's not what it seemed with Aries introduction.

1. Maybe people do, don't judge everyone by your standards.
I don't talk about my best assets when i introduce myself because i have no need to appeal to anyone. I think many people don't tell everything about themselves lol.

2. I disagree, i don't think its relevant how it gets solved because its not an intricate aspect of the main plot.

3. Stop nitpicking, it doesn't need to be established, its possible and therefore its logically consistent.

4. Aries never forgets people she mets can nonetheless be seen as an indication.

You seem to think that an indication needs to be concrete evidence, but it really doesn't as long as something is logically consistent and probable thats more than fine.
The only thing so far that wasn't is the handchain.
I think you are just nitpicking on facts because you are too bored with life.

Im not surprised Spaceship reacted that way earlier.
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 8:41 AM

Jan 2017
Guess I expected something else? Not impressed so far.
“A detective who corners a culprit with their reasoning and drives them to suicide in front of himself – is no different than a murderer.”
– Shinichi Kudo
Jul 10, 2019 8:46 AM

Dec 2016
rsc-pl said:
Says dude who want "real" sci-fi and calls other people who understand that this is not a space simulation or space documentary

So you're already admiting that this is some discount or cheap garbo sci-fi title. It's good to know we agree on something. And also I didn't ask for a documentary level on this show, just something that wouldn't break my suspension of disbelief. And nice move to put words in my mouth, yet I'm the alleged troll.

rsc-pl said:

If author says that something is possible in his world, then it's possible. As long as he won't introduce any conflicting ideas, it's totally fine. Even if it's impossible in our real world. That's why it'd called a fiction.

That's a really nice low bar. if you like it, go for it. I just don't settle with such cheap writing and I'm vocal about it.

rsc-pl said:

Funny thing - you aren't questioning the existence of engine which is capable of moving these space ships faster than light, but you're questioning the character that is mentioning about her photo memory in situation where she's forced to use it.
Great logic.
As some people above said, stop trolling because it's pathetic.

I already pointed how convenient the whole theoretical "Bussard ramjet" principle applies to the spaceship without the need for real fuel in the first episode, I didn't need to bring that back up or the faster than light speed that's also theoritical and not applied in real life, just in fiction.

And me pointing out bad writting and asspulls on character and story writing is more obvious for me because those are way more noticebale for someone like me. I don't see how me pointing out what I consider a major flaw should have the same weigh in my criticism

And like I said to the other guy, if you don't like actual discussions, stop being such a butthurt fanboy and stop calling people with a different view as trolls
KimurahJul 10, 2019 8:59 AM
Jul 10, 2019 8:52 AM

Dec 2016
Nim0174 said:

I don't talk about my best assets when i introduce myself because i have no need to appeal to anyone. I think many people don't tell everything about themselves lol.

2. I disagree, i don't think its relevant how it gets solved because its not an intricate aspect of the main plot.

3. Stop nitpicking, it doesn't need to be established, its possible and therefore its logically consistent.

4. Aries never forgets people she mets can nonetheless be seen as an indication.

1.- Same goes for you, Don't step up and put yourself as an exemplary person and use your own values to measure and think everyone is exactly the same as you.

2.- Good for you.

3. If you don't need for it to be stablished suit yourself, I'm not you and you're not me. Like I said, we have different bars and I'm just pointing out my gripes. I'm not expecting to change people's mind, unlike you with such a pushy opinons stating that "it's not needed"

4. It's a very vague indication. Like I pointed out already, lots of people have good memory, but that doesn't qualify them as having photographic memory.

Nim0174 said:

You seem to think that an indication needs to be concrete evidence, but it really doesn't as long as something is logically consistent and probable thats more than fine.

5. Again, you're setting YOUR LOW BAR that everything can or should be vague and that's fine. It's not nitpicking, it's legit criticism, you nagging on me and expecting me to lower my bar to your low standards is just getting old
Jul 10, 2019 8:55 AM
Apr 2016
Kimurah said:

Tsukizono said:

No, having a good memory DOES NOT equal to having photographic memory. However, it DOES serve as foreshadowing that she has photographic memory. The line implies that she has good memory, but how good is it? We find out in the 2nd episode. You criticised that it came out of nowhere, and I pointed out that the information was INDEED hinted at in the first episode. It was just unexpected because no one paid attention to those details. That's all.
Jul 10, 2019 8:56 AM

Jul 2012
Second episode and we are already seeing some character development. It feels a bit rapid, but understandable since it's only 12 episodes.

I like that everyone sees Kanata as captain now, he deserves it.

Watching this episode gave me this relaxed, chill feeling.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2019 8:56 AM

May 2015
everything in this anime is generic shit
Jul 10, 2019 8:58 AM

Jul 2012
Kimurah said:

Wasn't it known from the start that every person that was chosen excelled in at least one field? Also Aries said that she never forgets faces when she first introduced herself. We've seen flashbacks of Kanata training before and we knew he was very athletic from the first episode.

It's not like it ALL literally came out of nowhere.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2019 9:08 AM

Apr 2019
Kimurah said:
Nim0174 said:

1.- Same goes for you, Don't step up and put yourself as an exemplary person and use your own values to measure and think everyone is exactly the same as you.

2.- Good for you.

3. If you don't need for it to be stablished suit yourself, I'm not you and you're not me. Like I said, we have different bars and I'm just pointing out my gripes. I'm not expecting to change people's mind, unlike you with such a pushy opinons stating that "it's not needed"

4. It's a very vague indication. Like I pointed out already, lots of people have good memory, but that doesn't qualify them as having photographic memory.

Nim0174 said:

5. Again, you're setting YOUR LOW BAR that everything can or should be vague and that's fine. It's not nitpicking, it's legit criticism, you nagging on me and expecting me to lower my bar to your low standards is just getting old

i didn't. i set myself as an example that people have different opinions and you didn't respect it (as we can see by your insulting first post, the way you phrase your opinion), if you don't like it thats fine, but if something is possible then its just wrong saying that its an asspull, there is no room for opinions there.
Also foreshadowing can be an indicator, it doesn't need to 100% be established, your idea of foreshadowing is just plain wrong, if something is indicated its automatically foreshadowed even if you do not realize it, even if its not concrete, the indications was there. And now my opinion is not everything needs to be foreshadowed if you disagree thats fine, but what you pointed out to not having been foreshadowed, in fact has been foreshadowed even if its vague, thats just a cold fact.

But regardless, maybe you should reevaluate your Opinion on Quality Writing if in your Opinion an Edibility Tester counts as an Asspull in a Science Fiction Show but a Sphere that can teleport doesn't than im not sure what to think of your Thought Process. The same goes for your idea of foreshadowing equalling quality, but by all means think however you'd like to, just don't claim things that were indicated to not have any foreshadowing when they in fact have.

You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 9:14 AM

Dec 2016
Nim0174 said:

i didn't. i set myself as an example that people have different opinions and you didn't respect it (as we can see by your insulting first post, the way you phrase your opinion), if you don't like it thats fine, but if something is possible then its just wrong saying that its an asspull, there is no room for opinions there.

Now you're just being a hypocrite, you said it youself and I'll quote you

Nim0174 said:

Nim0174 said:

Also foreshadowing can be an indicator, it doesn't need to 100% be established, your idea of foreshadowing is just plain WRONG

There you go again, setting YOUR PERSONAL LOW BARS AND DEFINITIONS AS ABSOULTE AND RIGHT.

I don't need to keep reading your garbage low bars and how should everyone lower to your level.
And for the record I don't expect anyone to rise up to my bar/standards either.

KimurahJul 10, 2019 9:18 AM
Jul 10, 2019 9:17 AM

Apr 2009
Aries, what kind of laugh was that.xd
Jul 10, 2019 9:28 AM

May 2010
really weak episode. i just expected more of it. people calling this generic af are spot on.

and please someone explain to me that laugh at the end ? what the actual fuck????
Jul 10, 2019 9:35 AM

Jul 2017
Damn No Mans Sky the anime is doing pretty good so far unlike the game when it launched

Really love the fantasy world settings with specialized ecosystems, here's hoping there's gonna be a wide variety of other planets
Jul 10, 2019 9:37 AM
Sep 2015
I think this anime lack fanservice, next planets better have hot springs. Kanata must have nice muscle...
Jul 10, 2019 9:39 AM

Apr 2019
@Kimurah dude you are wrong sorry to say it
if something is indicated , it doesn't need to be concrete, its automatically foreshadowing

as for the first thing, we were talking about Aries Photographic memory
as you quoted correctly, i wouldn't mention it, and aries did neither
how am i the hypocrite when both Aries and I would answer something when asked?
as i said dont judge me by your standard i would have acted like Aries in this matter
while you are expecting everyone else to mention it when they meet someone

are you incapable of comprehension?
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 9:41 AM

Aug 2013
I almost didnt pick up this series
holyshit I'm glad I did
this is one of the better show this season
Jul 10, 2019 9:46 AM

Nov 2016
Really enjoyed this episode again, even tho there were some moments where I had to blind an eye. In particular the scene where Kanata displayed his athlecism. And unlike Kimurah I didn't have a problem with the foreshadowing, there was plenty of indication that he would possess over extraordinary abilities in that area from the get-go. I rather had a problem with how overly artificial the cheering was. Sure, it's a shounen and the scene got me hyped, but man, it really felt like the author was copying a trope without adding any nuance.

It's just a minor gripe, tho. The rest of the series is for most parts to my liking.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2019 9:46 AM
Jun 2019
The second episode is pretty good i guess. The way they portray the alien planet was pretty cool. Colorful plants, fruits, trees that grow to chase after sunlight, plants that propel upwards and then drops down in a parachute. Very interesting concepts.

That's enough for me to look forward to what the next planet has to offer.

Story wise, It was pretty ok with new insights on the character's abilities and back stories.

Jul 10, 2019 9:47 AM

May 2017
The episode was ok for me. It feels a bit too generic with lots of cliche and not much originality except the setting. Hopefully it gets better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2019 9:55 AM

Dec 2014
Not sure if anyone noticed, but if you use Rokka no Yuusha mindset to think about it.
The culprit could be Aries, who cut off the communicator.

First point I found in this episode that doesn't make sense, she claimed that she doesn't has much friends despite being cheerful and good in communicating.

Second point is that, she has pink hair you should know what that mean in a survival genre.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jul 10, 2019 9:56 AM
Apr 2018
good from the main problems and stories about friendship how to solve problems even in a state of stress over humor
Jul 10, 2019 10:01 AM
Apr 2016
aLotQuestion_ said:
Not sure if anyone noticed, but if you use Rokka no Yuusha mindset to think about it.
The culprit could be Aries, who cut off the communicator.

First point I found in this episode that doesn't make sense, she claimed that she doesn't has much friends despite being cheerful and good in communicating.

Second point is that, she has pink hair you should know what that mean in a survival genre.

I feel like it's either her or Charce. Aries' "photographic memory" is so randomly convenient that I feel like it's a super important hint to something, and her weird laugh at the end is almost sinister (the camera also didn't show her face, which is a classic film technique to show that a character is deliberately hiding something and the make them seem suspicious/sinister).

I noticed that in ep1 they didn't show Charce getting sucked in the ball after Kanata was, just that he ended up in space afterwards. He was also there when the ball appeared in this ep, so it might be him who's controlling it??? And his line about "Not everyone can make critical decisions without hesitation" is suspicious, and he agreed to be the 2nd-in-command just like that.
Jul 10, 2019 10:07 AM
Jun 2016
one big issue I have with this episode....maybe it was part of what they programed the computer to check for, but we don't even know if the palnet we go to would have compatible foods, it might not kill us, but the meat and such might not use any or all of the proteins we need, their evolution and type of chromosones could be completly foreign to us, and mght as well be ating packing peanuts, might fill you but give you no food.

Also the ending concides with my one theory that this could be part of the camp test, someone would need to know what was going on to help with any problems and try to keep them on track.

Which would put my guess of the captain being the one, as he was the one that yelled out put on your helmets like he knew what was going on, or the first kid to touch the sphere, as a way to set the events off just my guesses.
Jul 10, 2019 10:09 AM

Feb 2015
nanashi796 said:
everything in this anime is generic shit

Yes because we get loads of space anime all the time..... Plenty of isseki for you this season
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

201 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 3, 12:55 AM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

236 by naturalbrawler »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.