Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 7, 2019 9:36 AM

Aug 2015
The opening of Vinland Saga is one of the most beautifully made opening clips i have ever seen, the anime and music industries have both progressed in a good way and together they achieve wonders. The main aspect that makes this opening so good is the musical, more specific the chorus of this song is the most breathtaking part and when it is combined with the few moments where the main character Thorfinn appears it affects multiple feelings at the same time, some are heartwarming by seeing him progress through his beautiful appearance, some are melancholic due to seeing him with his loved ones smiling together and trying to be happy while the setting itself is dark and the rest are a feeling of greatness that is caused by the chorus of the song, seeing him as a little boy running and smiling with his teachers and later as fighter with the chorus playing it gives feelings of sadness and happiness together. So the characters, setting and the musical make a perfected combination together and I am really glad that the people can now experience Vinland Saga.

ElfezenMar 29, 2022 12:32 AM
Jul 7, 2019 9:48 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yes, I totally agree! It’s sort of like the growth of Thorfinn and the transitions really just give it so much more substance and feel of reality to it! Visuals are stunning too and picture perfect with the music, it’s a brilliant Op through and through!

Finally someone manages to put it to words, hats off to you!

Funny thing is that I didn’t like it too much at first but I was slowly starting to open to it and feel the emotions riding with every rewatch! I’ve rewatched it over 15 times already today and I still can’t get over some of the lyrics and the visuals at certain moments,
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 7, 2019 10:04 AM

Jun 2016
I'm waiting for all three episodes to be out to binge watch them at the same time, but hearing all the positive things from first impressions definitely makes me even more exited and relieved that the production is going well,
Cheers.
Jul 7, 2019 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
I really like the piece of dialogue Thorfinn has at the end of the opening. It's pretty powerful, coupled with the visuals used.
Jul 7, 2019 2:23 PM

Dec 2015
I think its okay. Your usual visual quality from this studio. The music in the openings had been a lot better in Shingeki no Kyojin though. And there are enough other anime that have better openings better.

The main strength I immediately recognized in this anime (I have watched episodes 1+2 so far) is that the actual music, background sounds and voice acting within the episodes is great so far. Not many anime manage to do this on such a high level - creating a great atmosphere.
Jul 10, 2019 7:11 AM

May 2018
Really? Can you give me the exact time stamps for the "amazing" parts? Because I don't see anything special in particular. Looks like your basic anime OP. And for the song: This one is taste of course but in my eyes it's okaish at best.

With that in mind I direct you to Haikyu's 2nd OP "Ah Yeah" for actual amazing animation, or Mob Psycho 100's OP's, specifically the second one, "99.9" which is just as amazing, animation wise. Sound wise it's once again a matter of taste. o.O

PS: Don't feel attacked because I didn't say anything positive about Vinland. Haven't seen it (yet) so this one is pointed against the Opening only.
Jul 13, 2019 8:27 AM

Nov 2018
ArrRti said:
Really? Can you give me the exact time stamps for the "amazing" parts? Because I don't see anything special in particular. Looks like your basic anime OP. And for the song: This one is taste of course but in my eyes it's okaish at best.

With that in mind I direct you to Haikyu's 2nd OP "Ah Yeah" for actual amazing animation, or Mob Psycho 100's OP's, specifically the second one, "99.9" which is just as amazing, animation wise. Sound wise it's once again a matter of taste. o.O

PS: Don't feel attacked because I didn't say anything positive about Vinland. Haven't seen it (yet) so this one is pointed against the Opening only.

I agree with mob....but Haikyu? come on. This is a matter of taste, because the op you quoted as amazing is actualy not eve an ok one, but very trashy one, with average animation and shity music.
Jul 13, 2019 9:40 AM

May 2018
Animation wise, time stamp 0:55-1:10 begs to differ. Nothing in Vinlands OP comes even close to that.
Music wise it's as already said opinion related so I won't even bother to argue against that.
Jul 13, 2019 9:44 AM
Aug 2011
It's only a shame that the sequence where you see him growing stops there otherwise we'd be privy to the world's greatest farmer.
Jul 13, 2019 10:13 AM

May 2014
I wouldn't go that far, but it is an extremely solid opening that i'll be watching a lot in the future.
Jul 29, 2019 4:36 AM

Mar 2009
The OP is fantastic. Not much competition this season, though.
Jul 29, 2019 6:17 AM

Jul 2015
couldn't agree more!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

352 by Herrior »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

795 by Lawgun »»
Today, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

391 by ecklonia »»
Apr 15, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

271 by Fibyu »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.