Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 8, 2019 6:12 AM
Apr 2017
Jfs_ said:
I think a Lot of people comparing these two was just because it's done by the same studio.
If they really want to campare it, They should've compare it to berserk, vagabond and kingdom instead. these series share more similarity to vinland saga.
Berserk>Kingdom>Vagabond>Vinland

I dont know why people talk about vagabond like its a 10/10 manga the art is great the story is not the characters are not even close to being 10/10 and the dialogue is kinda bland i droped it after like 150 ch cause i had no interest in what was going to happen next
I havent read kindom cause i havent had the time to do so
I have read berserk and the golden age arc is great but i think that the first 54 ch of vinland mach it and after that they are not as good but i would say that vinland is better cause the characters in berserk after the golden age arc are annoying
Jul 8, 2019 6:22 AM

May 2018
If that thread demonstrates something, then that MAL has to implent a permanent ban system to use the forum for certain users. Nothing but flame and bait.
Jul 8, 2019 6:35 AM

May 2009
This thread emphases on toxism of MAL doesn't it. Watch what you watch and compare it to what you want to compare it, it's no big deal. Also your trivial meaning about this series being better then an other one that's been going on for 3 seasons is also none of anyone's business but you, fact that it needs to be stated by some really shows how insecure they are by fuckin animated shows aren't they.
Jul 8, 2019 7:22 AM

Oct 2013
Many people compare "Vinland Saga" to "Attack on Titan" mostly because they were made by the same studio (Wit Studio).
Jul 8, 2019 7:28 AM

Dec 2013
ABDoesThings said:
It's stupid. I havent read the manga but people are treating it like some form of masterpiece and better than AoT.

Ill just have to see for myself. I highly doubt it tho. Otherwise the manga would be a lot more famous.

What a dumb post, implying good pieces of art have to be famous. More often than not it's the opposite.
Jul 8, 2019 8:05 AM

Feb 2014
This is on par with the best anime's of all time. Tbh this is better than how shit like GoT portrays wars.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 8, 2019 8:11 AM
Oct 2018
OG_Guts said:
Jfs_ said:
I think a Lot of people comparing these two was just because it's done by the same studio.
If they really want to campare it, They should've compare it to berserk, vagabond and kingdom instead. these series share more similarity to vinland saga.
Berserk>Kingdom>Vagabond>Vinland

Berserk>Vagabond>Vinland>Kingdom

FIFY
Berserk=Vagabond=Vinland=Kingdom>almost everything else except few shonen, some Gainax and naoki urasawa. That how it goes at least for me. Adding in author One's works
Jul 8, 2019 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
Whayle said:
ABDoesThings said:
It's stupid. I havent read the manga but people are treating it like some form of masterpiece and better than AoT.

Ill just have to see for myself. I highly doubt it tho. Otherwise the manga would be a lot more famous.

What a dumb post, implying good pieces of art have to be famous. More often than not it's the opposite.
its common sense. if its good, people will talk about it. if it's masterpiece, people will remember it.
removed-userJul 8, 2019 9:03 AM
Jul 8, 2019 9:02 AM

May 2009
ABDoesThings said:
Whayle said:

its common sense. if its good, people will talk about it. You're dumb if you dont know that. Btw, first episode was great

This logic is really stupid, absolutely stupid. So Bold and the Beautiful and various other soaps on weekly television schedule are the best series of all time eh? Lil Nas X is the best rapper alive eh? Ariana Grandé the best pop artist eh? Not because something is spoken much about means something is the best thing ever. However, you do you.
Jul 8, 2019 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
Shoryuuken said:
ABDoesThings said:
its common sense. if its good, people will talk about it. You're dumb if you dont know that. Btw, first episode was great

This logic is really stupid, absolutely stupid. So Bold and the Beautiful and various other soaps on weekly television schedule are the best series of all time eh? Lil Nas X is the best rapper alive eh? Ariana Grandé the best pop artist eh? Not because something is spoken much about means something is the best thing ever. However, you do you.
why are you assuming that I think like that? Since when did I ever say that because something is famous its the best thing ever? And look, some people think Ariana Grande is the best pop artist ever, well guess what, I dont like pop. Now look, if you wanna make an argument, you might as well use things I actually said against me. Oh wait that's right, you cant find anything to use so you make shit up. Now that's stupid.
removed-userJul 8, 2019 9:12 AM
Jul 8, 2019 9:10 AM
Oct 2016
Shoryuuken said:
ABDoesThings said:

This guy is basically is a noob who got into anime and manga fairly recently. Check out his ratings and you will clearly understand why the hype of Vinland Saga causes huge pain in his ass. I can bet this attention seeker never read Berserk, Vagabond, Kingdom or any of masterpiece seinens.
Jul 8, 2019 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
draco11 said:
Shoryuuken said:

This guy is basically is a noob who got into anime and manga fairly recently. Check out his ratings and you will clearly understand why the hype of Vinland Saga causes huge pain in his ass. I can bet this attention seeker never read Berserk, Vagabond, Kingdom or any of masterpiece seinens.
I havent read them either, so Im no one to say anything about the series. But people are making this seem like it cant be compared to shit like AoT(which in my opinion has amazing writing) and it's just stupid. As far as I can tell, these two series are nothing alike. Its like trying to compare an apple to an orange.
Jul 8, 2019 9:16 AM
Oct 2016
ABDoesThings said:
Shoryuuken said:

why are you assuming that I think like that? Since when did I ever say that because something is famous its the best thing ever? Talk about toxicity. As far as I can see, vinland saga fans are treating this as the best thing ever.

Because it is one of the best things ever. You just simply cannot suck it down because you consider AOT is the best of all. Talk about how you are ruining AOT's fanbase with toxic. Go read some good manga and then think twice before giving it a 10/10.
Jul 8, 2019 9:18 AM
Oct 2016
ABDoesThings said:
draco11 said:

I havent read them either, so Im no one to say anything about the series. But people are making this seem like it cant be compared to shit like AoT(which in my opinion has amazing writing) and it's just stupid. As far as I can tell, these two series are nothing alike. Its like trying to compare an apple to an orange.

ABDoesThings said:
draco11 said:

Yes these two are nothing alike. Therefore you should end your conversation here
and watch what you like instead of making a sense out of it pointlessly. Jeez the internet community itself is toxic.
Jul 8, 2019 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
draco11 said:
ABDoesThings said:
why are you assuming that I think like that? Since when did I ever say that because something is famous its the best thing ever? Talk about toxicity. As far as I can see, vinland saga fans are treating this as the best thing ever.

Because it is one of the best things ever. You just simply cannot suck it down because you consider AOT is the best of all. Talk about how you are ruining AOT's fanbase with toxic. Go read some good manga and then think twice before giving it a 10/10.
Im not even bringing AoT up in the discussion and you're saying im ruining AoT's fanbase. I like AoT, so I gave it a 10/10, any problem with that.
removed-userJul 8, 2019 9:22 AM
Jul 8, 2019 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
draco11 said:
ABDoesThings said:

ABDoesThings said:

Yes these two are nothing alike. Therefore you should end your conversation here
and watch what you like instead of making a sense out of it pointlessly. Jeez the internet community itself is toxic.
if people are calling my opinion stupid, then why shouldnt I justify myself?
Jul 8, 2019 9:25 AM

May 2009
ABDoesThings said:
Shoryuuken said:

why are you assuming that I think like that? Since when did I ever say that because something is famous its the best thing ever? And look, some people think Ariana Grande is the best pop artist ever, well guess what, I dont like pop. Now look, if you wanna make an argument, you might as well use things I actually said against me. Oh wait that's right, you cant find anything to use so you make shit up. Now that's stupid.

You don't need to blatantly say something, you were however, heavily implying that was the case. Whether that was the intention or not, doesn't matter, I was calling out the way I and others interpreted the post. I couldn't care less how you actually percieve various industries and I couldn't care less what genre of music you like or don't like. Absolutely useless information I can't work with. Like I said, you do you. :)
Jul 8, 2019 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
Shoryuuken said:
ABDoesThings said:

You don't need to blatantly say something, you were however, heavily implying that was the case. I couldn't care less how you actually percieve various industries and I couldn't care less what genre of music you like or don't like. Absolutely useless information I can't work with. Like I said, you do you. :)
Nothing I said implied I was biased on my opinion of any series.
Jul 8, 2019 9:32 AM
Oct 2016
ABDoesThings said:
draco11 said:

Im not even bringing AoT up in the discussion and you're saying im ruining AoT's fanbase. I like AoT, so I gave it a 10/10, any problem with that.

No problem with that at all. Keep enjoying what you like and venture maybe more? Many people including myself who read Berserk, Vagabond, Kingdom, Vinland Saga and sheer amount of manga in general understands the hype Vinland Saga is getting and expects the anime to be one of the best of all time because the manga is that great. Not comparing with AOT but in general. Accept it with open arms man and enjoy. You will know why.
Jul 8, 2019 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
draco11 said:
ABDoesThings said:

No problem with that at all. Keep enjoying what you like and venture maybe more? Many people including myself who read Berserk, Vagabond, Kingdom, Vinland Saga and sheer amount of manga in general understands the hype Vinland Saga is getting and expects the anime to be one of the best of all time because the manga is that great. Not comparing with AOT but in general. Accept it with open arms man and enjoy. You will know why.
Im trying to enjoy the show.
Jul 8, 2019 9:41 AM
Oct 2016
ABDoesThings said:
Shoryuuken said:

As for your popularity argument. AOT only got popular from 2014 due to its anime. Before that let alone majority of whole fanbase now I bet you never even heard of it but the manga came out in 2009. A manga gets popularity mostly due to promotion through anime, which I hope you know by now. Same in case of Vinland Saga. It never got the appreciation it deserved because there was no anime or major push. Only people who are deeply invested to manga found out stuffs like Vinland Saga, Vagabond and whatnot.
Jul 8, 2019 9:43 AM

Mar 2018
ABDoesThings said:
this vinland saga fanbase just seems extremely toxic imo.
Every fanbase is toxic, aot s3 pt2 in the beginning had the same threads like this in the forum discussion. It was way worse there though because Vinland Saga doesn't have as much haters to get in heated arguments with, and I think most AoT fans will probably enjoy this show too so idk why people are being rude for no reason. This thread will be abused for people who want to shit on AoT contrary to the OP's intent lmao
poop
Jul 8, 2019 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
draco11 said:
ABDoesThings said:

As for your popularity argument. AOT only got popular from 2014 due to its anime. Before that let alone majority of whole fanbase now I bet you never even heard of it but the manga came out in 2009. A manga gets popularity mostly due to promotion through anime, which I hope you know by now. Same in case of Vinland Saga. It never got the appreciation it deserved because there was no anime or major push. Only people who are deeply invested to manga found out stuffs like Vinland Saga, Vagabond and whatnot.
Esquirtit said:
ABDoesThings said:
this vinland saga fanbase just seems extremely toxic imo.
Every fanbase is toxic, aot s3 pt2 in the beginning had the same threads like this in the forum discussion. It was way worse there though because Vinland Saga doesn't have as much haters to get in heated arguments with, and I think most AoT fans will probably enjoy this show too so idk why people are being rude for no reason. This thread will be abused for people who want to shit on AoT contrary to the OP's intent lmao
i dont know either, I just want to enjoy this series.
Jul 8, 2019 11:51 AM

Aug 2015
Vinland saga is the best thing created by the god after jesus

There's nothing better than this, and never will be

All hail vinland saga

P.s,people who don't agree with me are haterssssss...
Jul 8, 2019 11:53 AM

Aug 2015
nanashi796 said:
Ryougine said:
Kingdom>Vinland Saga>Berserk>Vagabond :o

kozure ookami>>>>>vinland saga>innocent>historie>blade of the immortal>berserk>vagabond=kingdom

Lol..Hell No,

Kingdom>everything else
Jul 8, 2019 2:15 PM

Sep 2014
Titanslayer18 said:
laviha said:
Is it a thread for attack on titan haters to come and say how much Vinland Saga's first few seconds is so much better than the entire aot franchise? Lmao
I think so and these AoT haters are forgetting to put "in my opinion" in their replies too. God both the series are great u guys need to stop comparing it. Aot is better on its own so is vinland saga. Stop making vinland look like its objectively better than aot.

Subjective opinions don't exist, it's all objective. Get a clue.
Jul 8, 2019 3:44 PM

Feb 2019
Saldy. People started conparing it to AOT since the first trailer. Cuz:"Same studio and is it like AOT".
Reality is often dissapointing.
Jul 8, 2019 4:30 PM

Oct 2013
lmao @SnK fans are already this butthurt about Vinland Saga

it's gonna be a long 24 weeks for y'all
Jul 8, 2019 6:34 PM

Jun 2015
Lightning_Laxus said:
They're literally nothing alike.

It's like comparing Kaiji with Black Lagoon.
the real Q is son, is this Kaiji or blk lagun?
Jul 8, 2019 7:36 PM
Mar 2019
Robinne said:
There's always retards to compare pretty much anything to AoT because that's the only thing they know. You just have to deal with it sadly.
or because it’s by them same studio
Jul 8, 2019 8:29 PM
Apr 2019
Miragee said:
Titanslayer18 said:
I think so and these AoT haters are forgetting to put "in my opinion" in their replies too. God both the series are great u guys need to stop comparing it. Aot is better on its own so is vinland saga. Stop making vinland look like its objectively better than aot.

Subjective opinions don't exist, it's all objective. Get a clue.
U are wrong. It's all about different opinions dude nothing is objectively better in this world. Someone can dislike berserk manga its not like its rated #1 in the MAL so everyone loves it. Even someone can like the worst manga/anime ever made. As i said, vinland and AoT are great in their own way.
Jul 8, 2019 8:32 PM
Apr 2019
dc22 said:

Yeah they are butthurt cause many people are pissed off how aot season 3 part 2 is rated #2 on MAL. And vinland saga might be better for you and others but that doesn't make it objectively better.
Jul 8, 2019 8:40 PM

Oct 2013
dc22 said:

I have no idea you would want a attack on titan vs vinland saga argument, it will never end good.

I know you don't like the fanbase and all, but don't you worry the final season is next year, once its over you wont have to hear from us again.
Jul 8, 2019 8:46 PM
Aug 2018
beanie_weeny said:
i do compare it with attack on titan not based on the manga but based on the hype / popularity it is going to receive. If people actually watch the first episode i think vinland saga might become even more popular than AoT. There is no similarity between them as you said.

Seriously doubt it will be more popular than SNK, which is one of the most mainstream anime of all time.
Jul 8, 2019 9:32 PM
Apr 2017
But i don't compare, this is so much better that AoT ;)
Jul 8, 2019 9:46 PM

Oct 2018
Probably because of studio and hype reception
Jul 8, 2019 11:06 PM
Apr 2019
Artur_Moreira said:
Hmmm i see u gave aot season 3 p2 a score of 1. Still people hates aot for no reason i guess. Not defending or anything but it makes u how idiot u are giving a score of 1 for no reason.
Jul 8, 2019 11:11 PM
May 2019
Wait who is comparing it to AoT and why someone please enlighten me on this.
Jul 8, 2019 11:38 PM
Sep 2018
Titanslayer18 said:
Artur_Moreira said:
Hmmm i see u gave aot season 3 p2 a score of 1. Still people hates aot for no reason i guess. Not defending or anything but it makes u how idiot u are giving a score of 1 for no reason.

Most people who score it 1 are people who have never seen AoT and hate it because of its popularity . Obviously its popular because its good (at least it has some rewatch values ). But these haters dont really give a proper tthought before giving a score. And there are few who watch only romance/school kind of anime . They score AoT 1 for no goddamn reason. If its not their cup of tea , why even bother with it . Its just annoying tbh.
Jul 8, 2019 11:41 PM

Apr 2019
I think people should be comparing this to Berserk.
Jul 9, 2019 12:20 AM

Jan 2013
Vinland stomps AOT manga wise. Seems like it will be the same for the anime. Berserk would be a closer comparison
"When a man faces fear, his soul is tested. What he was born to seek; what he was born to achieve…his true nature will become clear."
Jul 9, 2019 12:43 AM
Nov 2017
TolkienFan365 said:
MonkeyDJasper said:
once again you’re basing off how they do in Japan and tryna say that’s how good they’ll do here and that’s not how that works . There are plenty of series that are hits in japan but dont translate that well to the US . Kingdom is a top seller in JP but did that translate well in the US ? No it didn’t .. I already said Vinland is gonna be a top 3 anime this season but it has a slim chance to pass fire force and dr stone in popularity considering they’re both shounen and Fire force 10/10 animation/art , direction and storyboard which can elevate any source material. I have no doubt that Vinland saga will succeed , I didn’t read the manga but from what I’ve seen it looks good . I’m just saying it has a slim chance to pass fire force or dr stone. And yes genres do matter when it comes to popularity and historical is not super popular or just an easy series to pick up and watch / read , not to mention it’s a seinen going against two shounens .

What do you mean that isn't how it works? I never said I was talking about the popularity of it just in the West or NA. What matters still is how stuff does in Japan at the end of the day. Kingdom as an anime didn't translate well because the anime adaption looked terrible. Popularity is more determined by anime in the West whereas in Japan manga and printed comics in general are more widely consumed.

You don't really have any evidence that it won't be around the same level of popularity. We aren't talking about big hits in Jump or Kodansha. Fire Force I actually was kinda surprised that it got an anime adaption because it's sales weren't that great. I hope for its sake the anime adaption which Dave Pro is putting a lot of heart in does lead to it becoming bigger but we will have to see.

Also again genre popularity JoJo has parts that are in a historic setting. JoJo is probably one of the most popular action shonen titles out there. Also there have been quite a few seinens that have been extremely popular One Punch Man, Ghost in the Shell and Tokyo Ghoul for instance. Again I am not saying Vinland will ever approach those levels of popularity and I will agree most action shonen tend to have more mainstream appeal but to just say a seinen title usually don't reach mainstream status is wrong.

Also to clarify I don't think Vinland is going to be a massive hit but at the same time I don't think Stone or Fire Force will be either. Fire Force who knows might if Dave Pro can maintain production and considering reports they are on a very good schedule (as is Vinland) but I don't see why it will be big when Kimetsu sold better and while popular isn't even close to MHA. It will be fairly popular series but won't be the mega giant that anime like MHA or AOT are.

Popularity doesn't really matter that much to me that isn't indicative of a quality series I am just looking at the sales date for the manga which tends to be usually correct in how popular this stuff ends up being more often than naught.

you’re confusing setting with genre . You can have historical aspects to your story while not being a historical story . Vinland genre is literally historical which isn’t popular . I’m hoping it gets super popular because I genuinely want all shows that deserve greatness to succeed but I don’t see it getting more popular than fire force or dr stone this season . Hell even with all the advertisement that dr stone was getting and being a more popular manga with more sales , fire force is still catching up to it in popularity on mal with users watching it . Fire force was just at 40,000 a couple of days ago and now it’s at 100k , who knows fire force might be the most popular anime this season and pass dr stone . I will say tho that out of those 3 series , I did think that fire force and Vinland had better 1st episodes than dr stone because stone didn’t have that great animation , storyboard or direction . It kinda just felt like I was watching the actual manga panels just animated with no artistic flair .
Jul 9, 2019 12:45 AM
Apr 2019
Xaladin said:
Vinland stomps AOT manga wise. Seems like it will be the same for the anime. Berserk would be a closer comparison
Umm how can u say that when u even haven't read aot manga?
Jul 9, 2019 12:48 AM
Apr 2019
beanie_weeny said:
Titanslayer18 said:

Most people who score it 1 are people who have never seen AoT and hate it because of its popularity . Obviously its popular because its good (at least it has some rewatch values ). But these haters dont really give a proper tthought before giving a score. And there are few who watch only romance/school kind of anime . They score AoT 1 for no goddamn reason. If its not their cup of tea , why even bother with it . Its just annoying tbh.
Tbh i think haters will still hate aot no matter how better it gets. But i'm glad aot is getting praise too it deserves it.
Jul 9, 2019 1:36 AM

May 2015
the first arc of vinland saga is better than the first 90 chapter of snk,last arc of snk could be on par with it at the end,the second arc of vinland is unbeatable.
Overall vinland saga has a much better character development,better characters and the writing is much better,the art is one of the best.
and btw they're nothing alike, vinland saga is more about trying to live a life with no violence in a world of war and massacre,and how to find something to live when you lose everything.
A true warrior needs no sword.
Thorfinn will have one of the best character development ever
So if you seek only action and violence in a series i don't know if vinland saga could be for you.
vinland saga 9
shingeki 7 at best
nanashi796Jul 9, 2019 1:49 AM
Jul 9, 2019 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
dc22 said:

More like vinland fans are so butthurt that they make a thread like this and everyone joins to say it's better than snk and when we try to defend snk they say it's us who are butthurt lol
Jul 9, 2019 2:18 AM

May 2015
laviha said:
dc22 said:

More like vinland fans are so butthurt that they make a thread like this and everyone joins to say it's better than snk and when we try to defend snk they say it's us who are butthurt lol
more like aot fanboys can't accept that there are much better series out there,same with vinland saga,nothing is perfect
Jul 9, 2019 2:18 AM

Jun 2019
Titanslayer18 said:
Xaladin said:
How do you know he hasn't read the manga? Also, let's face it, the AOT manga doesn't have the slightest chance of being better than Vinland Saga. The anime wise, AOT is much better in terms of animations and OSTs but the direction seem to be better in vinland saga but it's too early to really have a judgement over that. The best parts have yet to come.
Titanslayer18 said:
Artur_Moreira said:
Ah yes, I always forget that people become sensitive when someone rate "Their" favorite shows with a low score, as if everyone should like it in the first place.
Jul 9, 2019 2:21 AM

Jun 2019
nanashi796 said:
laviha said:

more like aot fanboys can't accept that there are much better series out there,same with vinland saga,nothing is perfect
More like both shows fanbase are getting butthurt over something that they shouldn't lmao. Aren't these works created for us to enjoy and not fight as wild animals to decide who's better or not? I mean, we'll never have a winner after all.
Jul 9, 2019 2:26 AM

May 2015
Ryougine said:
Titanslayer18 said:
How do you know he hasn't read the manga? Also, let's face it, the AOT manga doesn't have the slightest chance of being better than Vinland Saga. The anime wise, AOT is much better in terms of animations and OSTs but the direction seem to be better in vinland saga but it's too early to really have a judgement over that. The best parts have yet to come.
Titanslayer18 said:
Ah yes, I always forget that people become sensitive when someone rate "Their" favorite shows with a low score, as if everyone should like it in the first place.
yeah if they like a series so much why they trigger so much when someone give a low score to their favorite series,they're so insecure about themselves
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

391 by ecklonia »»
Yesterday, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

271 by Fibyu »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

792 by skywizard »»
Mar 29, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

407 by xyara_girl »»
Mar 23, 12:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.