Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 16, 2019 11:32 PM
Dec 2017
Reddmart said:
Sakurai_Aoi said:
Huh? But what about the episodes where the party members were injured? In some cases, they were on the verge on dying, especially the Goblin Slayer himself.

Naruto and fairy tail have the same situations where characters are very injured or are about to die and that does not make them dark in any way (even important characters get to die in naruto, which in goblin slayer only happens with a group of disposable extras)
Sakurai_Aoi said:

Also, it does have that atmosphere again. You know that one episode where you see the survivors that were raped being carried off in the wagon?

Yes, but once more it only happens with extras this characters are fillers, it's like when they tell you a war where many random people died, but the main group is fine

Sakurai_Aoi said:
Heck, the main character himself is a reminder that their world is grim and that the experiences from living in that world can really affect them. I think that the adventure and fantasy elements are just added in there along with the dark atmosphere.

The protagonist is practically the only character that behaves like this, only him suffered that trauma, if it is such a "grim" world then it should be full of people like goblin slayer, but the rest are just colorful and arrogant adventurers who despise the goblin slayer, it seems to be an exceptional case although this is the fault of the bad worldbuilding.

I agree with you on everything except the last part. When creating a world that's supposed to be dark, not everyone has to have some sort of trauma. The world doesn't just throw out an equal amount of suffering for each character, nor is it like that in real life. Even in a dark world, it's still possible that some individuals haven't faced the hardships that others have. Later on, they are subjected to the horrors of their world. One of the characters, the elf, even appears traumatized at one point but still attempts to tough it out. So, there is some effect but the show doesn't have enough episodes to see if it will be long term or of any importance.
Jun 17, 2019 3:23 AM
Jan 2018
It's basically Shield Hero but with Kaneki Ken as the protagonist, make of that what you will.
Jun 17, 2019 4:20 AM
Aug 2017
So as a light novel it's generic, but anime adaptations have been yet to touch the extreme edge shunned by classmates trash for a long while. Shield hero was the first time they touched it, and that didn't play the trope completely straight, while this one is basically the definition of edgy shunned isekai protag becomes OP. So for anyone who hasn't been reading LNs in the past 10 years this will be fresh, but objectively this is as generic as they come.
Jun 17, 2019 5:00 AM

Mar 2019
Sakurai_Aoi said:
Reddmart said:

Naruto and fairy tail have the same situations where characters are very injured or are about to die and that does not make them dark in any way (even important characters get to die in naruto, which in goblin slayer only happens with a group of disposable extras)

Yes, but once more it only happens with extras this characters are fillers, it's like when they tell you a war where many random people died, but the main group is fine

The protagonist is practically the only character that behaves like this, only him suffered that trauma, if it is such a "grim" world then it should be full of people like goblin slayer, but the rest are just colorful and arrogant adventurers who despise the goblin slayer, it seems to be an exceptional case although this is the fault of the bad worldbuilding.

I agree with you on everything except the last part. When creating a world that's supposed to be dark, not everyone has to have some sort of trauma. The world doesn't just throw out an equal amount of suffering for each character, nor is it like that in real life. Even in a dark world, it's still possible that some individuals haven't faced the hardships that others have. Later on, they are subjected to the horrors of their world. One of the characters, the elf, even appears traumatized at one point but still attempts to tough it out. So, there is some effect but the show doesn't have enough episodes to see if it will be long term or of any importance.

As I said the problem is the bad worldbuilding, the first episode shows you that situations a group of rookie dies and is raped by goblins they happen daily (to the point that the receptionist knew, that's why she sends the goblin slayer), the men who arrive at survive also should traumatized as GS, but they only tell you that they do not go back to hunting goblins and prefer other missions, that's the problem, the anime shows this as a constant problem, but the eternal negligence and lack of memory of These people are nonsense, if this happened every day would destroy any economy and certainly the government / kingdom would have to guarantee a minimum of security to its people, but not the story just takes this problem very superficially.
Jun 17, 2019 6:06 AM
Nov 2016
I’m going to be completely honest. The first volume of the Light Novel is probably one of the best starts I’ve ever read. No joke. I will say the quality does degrade after Volume 1 and 2 are covered for me, but I’d say watch if you like the overpowered MC with harem kind of show. It doesn’t start out like that but it slowly becomes it. He doesn’t start out like that in the beginning and his character takes a complete 180, but it’s actually executed well and I hope that they adapt Volume 1 well, because I think that the first volume is the best one out of them all because of it’s actually something that I lot of people will be pulled into. But I will say, I feel like a lot of people will drop it as it becomes more of a power fantasy harem. I’m just going to watch what they cover of Volumes 1 and 2, since they’re the only ones I have read and bought physically. But hey, if you like what you see, go for it! I’ve heard this is one of the better power fantasy harems anyways.
Jun 17, 2019 6:22 AM

Feb 2019
calamariqueen said:
I’m going to be completely honest. The first volume of the Light Novel is probably one of the best starts I’ve ever read. No joke. I will say the quality does degrade after Volume 1 and 2 are covered for me, but I’d say watch if you like the overpowered MC with harem kind of show. It doesn’t start out like that but it slowly becomes it. He doesn’t start out like that in the beginning and his character takes a complete 180, but it’s actually executed well and I hope that they adapt Volume 1 well, because I think that the first volume is the best one out of them all because of it’s actually something that I lot of people will be pulled into. But I will say, I feel like a lot of people will drop it as it becomes more of a power fantasy harem. I’m just going to watch what they cover of Volumes 1 and 2, since they’re the only ones I have read and bought physically. But hey, if you like what you see, go for it! I’ve heard this is one of the better power fantasy harems anyways.

what a coincidence... is exactly the same as the people said of shield hero, that the first arc was the best and most original they had seen in the isekai's
Jun 17, 2019 9:29 AM

May 2017
I've only read the manga so I'll say this.

The manga is a typical OP isekai story and it's total trash.
I feel like they skipped so much stuff from the original light novel as I have no idea why certain things go like this and that.
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Jun 17, 2019 9:49 AM

Oct 2014
This question is the equivalent of asking is water wet
Jun 17, 2019 6:06 PM
Dec 2017
Reddmart said:
Sakurai_Aoi said:

As I said the problem is the bad worldbuilding, the first episode shows you that situations a group of rookie dies and is raped by goblins they happen daily (to the point that the receptionist knew, that's why she sends the goblin slayer), the men who arrive at survive also should traumatized as GS, but they only tell you that they do not go back to hunting goblins and prefer other missions, that's the problem, the anime shows this as a constant problem, but the eternal negligence and lack of memory of These people are nonsense, if this happened every day would destroy any economy and certainly the government / kingdom would have to guarantee a minimum of security to its people, but not the story just takes this problem very superficially.

Hmm... Yeah, you're right. They pretty much did just leave it at the fact that most adventurers avoid goblin quests while you can pretty much count on the goblin slayer to do them. The government would definitely have to do something... It is their people that it's happening to. And negligence is only one of the issues that some people in Goblin Slayer have...
Jun 17, 2019 10:12 PM
Oct 2017
It will be, I'm sure.
Jun 18, 2019 1:54 AM
Aug 2018
I am already disappointed for harem tag and no romance tag.
But give it a try since others are saying he choose one and I also hopr it will be good
Jun 18, 2019 3:40 AM
Jun 2019
I've dropped WN after chapter 12x or something, and my opinion about this show is just as suck as Shield Hero. Both have strong start with dark things happen to MC, but after that it become waifu harvesting show that getting blander and blander after every chapter. SH atleast have some content about waves,village building and management which is kinda unique in my eyes as I hadn't read this type before. This one has absolutely nothing beside fancy waifu materials as the story goes on
But I'll watch it for fanservice, I'm a man after all.
Jun 18, 2019 4:08 AM
Jan 2019
Sakurai_Aoi said:
Reddmart said:

Hmm... Yeah, you're right. They pretty much did just leave it at the fact that most adventurers avoid goblin quests while you can pretty much count on the goblin slayer to do them. The government would definitely have to do something... It is their people that it's happening to. And negligence is only one of the issues that some people in Goblin Slayer have...

You'd think they'd send an extermination squad for small-fries when they are on war with demons and monsters? You might say that GS goblins aren't weak and some characters are the testimonies to that but the fact that Sword Maiden kept a secret proves that the government will do nothing about it, the probable cause if she confess about her experience might just send people away from her with disgust and lose her reputation
Jun 18, 2019 5:33 AM
Mar 2018
it was okey but when they meet bunny bitch it goes down hard really hard its like shield hero it has an interesting premise but its goes to shit fast
Jun 18, 2019 8:42 AM

Sep 2017
It's like Hero-Shield but a bit darker , the manga isn't that interesting ...
yikes
Jun 18, 2019 8:55 AM
Jun 2019
*sigh* They should've stopped at Yue.
Jun 19, 2019 12:30 AM
Dec 2017
Dragon_Omeg said:
Sakurai_Aoi said:

You'd think they'd send an extermination squad for small-fries when they are on war with demons and monsters? You might say that GS goblins aren't weak and some characters are the testimonies to that but the fact that Sword Maiden kept a secret proves that the government will do nothing about it, the probable cause if she confess about her experience might just send people away from her with disgust and lose her reputation

Yeah, they aren't all that weak. They can only be considered weak when compared to tougher monsters. Anyway, I suppose that you're right. Honestly though, the only thing she SHOULD lose is her trustworthiness.
Jun 19, 2019 7:15 AM
Jan 2019
Sakurai_Aoi said:
Dragon_Omeg said:

Yeah, they aren't all that weak. They can only be considered weak when compared to tougher monsters. Anyway, I suppose that you're right. Honestly though, the only thing she SHOULD lose is her trustworthiness.

Wow, such a nice reply, i never expected that from this site
Jun 19, 2019 3:56 PM
Aug 2016
From the synopsis this sounds like another Shield Hero.

I can’t do another Shield Hero.
Jun 19, 2019 7:28 PM
Dec 2017
Dragon_Omeg said:
Sakurai_Aoi said:

Wow, such a nice reply, i never expected that from this site

Lol. Really? Well...thanks, I guess.
Jun 19, 2019 9:15 PM
Jul 2017
I think the anime has potential and worth watching. But considering it has a Bad ass MC that gets Laid (Early) and lots of characters die make it less generic?
Jun 19, 2019 11:08 PM
Apr 2018
The funny thing is that in an afterword of one of his volumes(i think was the 3rd)he said that the he start to write the story when he was still at school and affected by chuunibyou syndrome.
He also said that sometimes he had to rewrite entire scenes because they were too cringe, he knows that it is very generic as a story but as long as his readers have fun he is happy.
Jun 20, 2019 2:38 AM
Apr 2019
TasteOfALiar said:
From the synopsis this sounds like another Shield Hero.

I can’t do another Shield Hero.

No, it's different. The MC of Arifureta try to get home to earth. He will challenge seven labyrinths in another world and each labyrinth will grant a very powerful magic. In this story, the main antagonist is the god who rule another world.
Jun 20, 2019 2:39 AM
Apr 2019
DecimGames said:
I think the anime has potential and worth watching. But considering it has a Bad ass MC that gets Laid (Early) and lots of characters die make it less generic?

The ones who die usually unimportant characters and the antagonists. Well, three of MC's classmates die because they become traitors.
Jun 29, 2019 9:06 PM

Sep 2016
They should have just made this a hentai instead.
Jun 30, 2019 10:36 PM

Sep 2017
Short answer to the OP: Yes.

Long answer: Yes.

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Jun 30, 2019 10:36 PM

Sep 2017
NothinComplexPls said:
They should have just made this a hentai instead.
Underrated comment out here. The hero we did not deserved.

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Jul 1, 2019 12:51 AM

Jun 2012
Long, isekai sound name, check. PG13 rating, check. Cute girl on cover, check.

Looks like utter garbage.
Shoot first, think never.
Jul 1, 2019 8:14 AM
Apr 2019
They say the LN is better than the manga and the anime is adapting from the LN so i think it's going to be great though i don't read the LN
Jul 2, 2019 1:17 AM
Mar 2018
It has the potential to flop, but maybe its the "public-outcry-edgy-cheesy" type of mediocre like Goblin Slayer, so it may get nerfed either way...
Jul 2, 2019 8:45 AM

Feb 2014
at this point, after watching 100+ isekai animes, i just dont care anymore if it's generic or not. besides it's not like i can be picky when my local entertainment is unwatchable
Jul 3, 2019 1:27 PM
Sep 2017
Of course it's going to be generic it's another shit isekai anime, It's literally gonna be a Kenja No Mago. I hate fucking shit anime like this.
Jul 3, 2019 8:55 PM
Apr 2017
This really just sounds almost exactly like shield hero, hopefully it isn't too similar
Jul 4, 2019 6:33 AM
Jul 2018
Looks very generic.

Why can japan make a good isekai like Rezero
Jul 4, 2019 10:31 AM

Apr 2019
Probably but the MC looks like a badass.
Jul 4, 2019 6:10 PM

Nov 2017
And just to start the soon-to-be war,
Tio is best girl :)
Jul 4, 2019 6:12 PM

Nov 2017
ShadowBladeX said:
Probably but the MC looks like a badass.
He is quite the badass,after a lot of nasty things happen.Its not a bad LN,and has some good moments,but I can't see this being a good adaption if it's only 13 or so episodes.
Jul 4, 2019 6:25 PM

Nov 2017
Sakurai_Aoi said:
Reddmart said:

I disagree with you on one point about Goblin Slayer,and thats about the adventurers that don't do Goblin quests.Its simply because they become too powerful,or skillful to do them,and the goblin slaying quests don't pay enough.Its explained quite well in the LN,since a lot of the adventurers,even the lower ranked ones,tend to look at GS himself as if he's lower than them,or just plain weird,for doing gs quests.
Its the same as when you,say,play an online rpg or somesuch,and start killing worms for xp,then you get better and can't be bothered killing worms since theres more reward in killing darkwolves or pvp-ing(lol),how many then will go back to slaying worms?-Not many,its just not worth it,but Goblin Slayer shows that even in enough numbers,worms can do a LOT of damage,and as the goblins show,do a lot of harm,and also learn how to do even more damage.
And yes,I enjoyed the GS anime,as I enjoy the GS LN,but I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread.Nope,thats Tokisaki Kurumi :)
Nuff said :)
Jul 7, 2019 3:25 AM
Jan 2018
heres some advice don't take the series to seriously the author doesn't hes does the series for fun
Jul 7, 2019 4:54 AM
Feb 2019
yeah, I consider it generic, the darker tone doesn't change because there are many other edgy isekai out there that haven't adapt to anime
Jul 7, 2019 8:20 AM
Jul 2016
TheTagre said:
I don't know, if you have read the original content (i have read the manga and the novel).
His concept is to send a whole class in a fantasy world and the MC is the weakest of his classroom.

This universe his a little dark (particulary in the beginning) and the MC his a anti-hero.

Concerning his harem that we can see in the different picture, the MC is focus on single relation and i think it is more interesting

Umm the MC marries his harem. Including his adoptive daughter & impregnates then too.
Jul 7, 2019 2:20 PM

Oct 2017
RayReynolds said:
calamariqueen said:

what a coincidence... is exactly the same as the people said of shield hero, that the first arc was the best and most original they had seen in the isekai's

Honestly if they think Shield Hero and this one has the best start they've ever read, they probably rarely read anything good/ meaningful.

As someone who read through many isekai "manga adaptation" already, I can tell you that those are as generic/ repetitive/ edgy as the rest. There's just so many isekai / light novel start like this with their little twist under the same premise, but they're just not popular enough (or they're just trash anyway) to get an anime adaptation yet so that's why western audience probably didn't know how generic and repetitive those story already are in Japan.

There's nothing good/ groundbreaking about it. Just the typical "so-called" underdog mc becomes op and prove everyone wrong scenario. (It's like author is telling you: "Hey this mc is the weakest, you gotta believe me! Like that slime is the weakest creature in most rpg right? Nope, we have this one gimmick that makes them the strongest in the world! Ha! I prove you guys wrong!)

The brutality at the start is what makes it good? Ok then, I guess that's what young audience care about the most I guess.
Ventus_SJul 7, 2019 2:27 PM
Jul 8, 2019 9:43 AM

Feb 2019
Ventus_S said:
There's nothing good/ groundbreaking about it. Just the typical "so-called" underdog mc becomes op and prove everyone wrong scenario. (It's like author is telling you: "Hey this mc is the weakest, you gotta believe me! Like that slime is the weakest creature in most rpg right? Nope, we have this one gimmick that makes them the strongest in the world! Ha! I prove you guys wrong!)

you know what? that plot of: " underdog mc becomes op and prove everyone wrong scenario" it's not something new or recent, it's the typical plot of action shounen series like naruto: where they make you believe that the protagonist is a loser without anything special, but in reality he is special and a prodigy. Naruto has his own gimmick with the fox, Ichigo has DNA from all races of his world. They only created the same plot as always, but much worse executed.
Jul 8, 2019 1:29 PM
Jul 2017
Not even your favorite anime is 100% original there are almost always common things found from anime to anime but just because its unoriginal doesn't mean it isnt good
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.