Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Things you find problematic/annoying/weird with the story so far? (not a bait)

New
Jul 6, 2019 9:10 AM

Nov 2013
1) Stone humans still lying around on the surface:
- No trace of mankind remains after 3700 years, which is hardly something you'd hardly doubt would happen. It's pretty much impossible even for a stone not to corrode or remain in one place for nearly 4 millennia! I'd hope the story somehow explains this in the future, but right now it's too unrealistic, even for a world where everyone magically turned into stones, to believe that all those stone people are not buried deep underground!
2) Sanity.
- MC, his mad scientist friend and it seems several others (from ED) have been stoned for 3000 years yet they were conscious during the whole period. Considering that the person hasn't lost his mind during ANY of this time...ever, it's incredibly frustrating to see a person emerge from stone as they were imprisoned for a week or a month. It would take years for a normal person to come in grasps with reality and fully realize what happened and where they are right now. Wouldn't you question your very existence and literally EVERYTHING during that time? I can't even imagine what a person can think about for 3700 years lol, ALONE with themselves!
3) Annoying parts.
- MC only thinks about boning his GF. To hell with the world, to hell with parents (unless he's the typical solo-orphan character with no one in the world), to hell with the new wild environment. "how long has it been?" "so it did happen to everyone?" - Forget all that! Gotta find mah gf i've been thinking about for the last 3000 YEARS! The power of boners man...
- Scientist MC thinks about becoming the king of the new world. As if he's just been teleported into one of those farming/city-building simulator games. The fact that 3700 freaking years have passed and the civilization is dead - we're just gonna look over it; shit happens man, gotta move on. The characters take the new world and the time that they spend imprisoned - just too lightly! No trauma, no fear of the unknown, no grief. Just a walk in the park! One character wants to bone a girl, other wants to rule the new world. One is ridiculously smart; another is super strong. Difficulty level:Easy/very easy

P.S before shitposting, know that i don't hate the show and will keep watching it (since i'm in love with post-apocalypse theme); and maybe even read the manga (which is still ongoing...-_- how "unexpected")
Sigmar-UnberogenJul 6, 2019 9:14 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2019 9:15 AM

Aug 2014
looks like a bait to me

Jul 6, 2019 9:28 AM

Nov 2013
TheDiabolicEsper said:
looks like a bait to me
because it's an unpopular opinion and shit? I'm simply stating things i found problematic/annoying/weird. I'm not bashing anyone's taste in anime, or calling it a shitshow or preaching to hate the show.
Once again, i'm simply stating things i found problematic/annoying/weird in the show so far. The end, no hidden messages, no trolling, no baiting.
Jul 6, 2019 10:02 AM

Mar 2014
AzorAhai said:
- No trace of mankind remains after 3700 years, which is hardly something you'd hardly doubt would happen. It's pretty much impossible even for a stone not to corrode or remain in one place for nearly 4 millennia! I'd hope the story somehow explains this in the future, but right now it's too unrealistic, even for a world where everyone magically turned into stones, to believe that all those stone people are not buried deep underground!
2) Sanity.
- MC, his mad scientist friend and it seems several others (from ED) have been stoned for 3000 years yet they were conscious during the whole period. Considering that the person hasn't lost his mind during ANY of this time...ever, it's incredibly frustrating to see a person emerge from stone as they were imprisoned for a week or a month. It would take years for a normal person to come in grasps with reality and fully realize what happened and where they are right now. Wouldn't you question your very existence and literally EVERYTHING during that time? I can't even imagine what a person can think about for 3700 years lol, ALONE with themselves!
3) Annoying parts.
- MC only thinks about boning his GF. To hell with the world, to hell with parents (unless he's the typical solo-orphan character with no one in the world), to hell with the new wild environment. "how long has it been?" "so it did happen to everyone?" - Forget all that! Gotta find mah gf i've been thinking about for the last 3000 YEARS! The power of boners man...
- Scientist MC thinks about becoming the king of the new world. As if he's just been teleported into one of those farming/city-building simulator games. The fact that 3700 freaking years have passed and the civilization is dead - we're just gonna look over it; shit happens man, gotta move on. The characters take the new world and the time that they spend imprisoned - just too lightly! No trauma, no fear of the unknown, no grief. Just a walk in the park! One character wants to bone a girl, other wants to rule the new world. One is ridiculously smart; another is super strong. Difficulty level:Easy/very easy

P.S before shitposting, know that i don't hate the show and will keep watching it (since i'm in love with post-apocalypse theme); and maybe even read the manga (which is still ongoing...-_- how "unexpected")

Lol, I actually agree with everything you said; it hadn't occurred to me about the MCs just waking up after 3000 years and taking it so lightly. Also, all the birds are turned to stone but there's a dog there that stays unfrozen and barking like crazy. If the birds got frozen, then all animals should be frozen as well. So how are the MCs hunting boars and stuff if all animals were turned to stone along with the humans? All very random and convinient to the plot. For a story so attached to science, it sure has some inconsistencies.

I actually read the manga during its first year of publication but I dropped it because I got tired of the repetitiveness of the whole thing. Hopefully it'll be more entertaining to watch than to read it.
Jul 6, 2019 10:06 AM
May 2017
justtvalerie said:
Also, all the birds are turned to stone but there's a dog there that stays unfrozen and barking like crazy. If the birds got frozen, then all animals should be frozen as well. So how are the MCs hunting boars and stuff if all animals were turned to stone along with the humans?

Not like we had a hint in this episode alone about some birds that were petrified too before it happened to humans
Jul 6, 2019 10:18 AM
Jul 2014
AzorAhai said:
2) Sanity.
3) Annoying parts.

I think some of them cloven, and you get some answers along the way. Right now in the manga, they're getting closer to the cause why this thing happened the first place.

2. Their over the top personalities makes them so good. Yeah, they're not the most realistic personalities, but they're too fun to be bothered by it. Senkuu is a genius, but not the type of guy who cares about how everything came to be, and what's the meaning of life. He just wants to revive humanity with the power of science, because he loves science more than anything. So if he would've started to think about life he would have lost his mind. So he started to count the time, partly because he good in it, and to know how much time passed if he ever wakes up, which can be important in rebuilding humanity. Taiju is just super simple on the other hand, so yeah, he's just wants to tell the girl he loves that he... loves her. He's just really nice. I think this manga is not the best character work or something but it's plot is narrative driven the first place, so it's focuses on the task at hand more, than the characters. The characters in the manga similar to One Piece characters. They're simply fun to watch and developed later on, but not progress much individually, more like progress the story. The great is how they work togetherand give their best qualities to the team.

3. Not realistic as I said, but acutally very empowering to watch these over the top personalities, while the manga makes some very human scenes for each main and side character.
Jul 6, 2019 10:22 AM
Jan 2018
its fiction everything isn't supposed to be realistic
Jul 6, 2019 10:29 AM
Aug 2012
It's only been 1 episode..........1 damn episode. Are people mental or just trying to troll with nonsense like this? Not a bait..............yeah nice try.

Geez how about using that amazing analytic brain (lol) of yours for the greater good op......instead to being stuck to your monitor and trolling?

Jul 6, 2019 10:31 AM

Jan 2018
The biggest problem you're having here is applying real life logistics to something clearly psi-fi. Also, Senku basically just wants to bring back humanity to what it was with the good and bad. I'd deviate more but I'm already crossing semi-spoiler territory.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jul 6, 2019 11:12 AM
Apr 2016
TheDiabolicEsper said:
looks like a bait to me

Definitely, a bad one. All the listed things stop making sense if you think about them for about 2.5 seconds. Dismissed.
Re:formed
Jul 6, 2019 11:46 AM

Mar 2018
It's not problematic for this type of story...

It's a SHONEN...not a series for adults where everything makes sense from our perspective...in the universe of the series (a SF story) ...those things might not be to uncommon.

Hunter x Hunter- Killua, 12yo, an assasin, he kills someone, and Gon, his friend, wants to save him and be a good friend for him.

The promised Neverland- 12yo kids or younger with great minds who outsmart adults and demons.

Attack on Titan, 12-15 years old kids that are better to fight Titans than trained soldiers.

You can simply say you don't like it that much because it's not your cup of tea 100% (for the reasons you named)...it's not a big deal.
DoruCatanaJul 6, 2019 11:59 AM
Jul 6, 2019 11:47 AM
Feb 2017
Good thing we have 24 more episodes to actually see where the story goes and explain everything :).
Jul 6, 2019 11:51 AM

Nov 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
It's only been 1 episode..........1 damn episode. Are people mental or just trying to troll with nonsense like this? Not a bait..............yeah nice try.

Geez how about using that amazing analytic brain (lol) of yours for the greater good op......instead to being stuck to your monitor and trolling?
You're delusional my friend. If you think it's nonsense - don't go throwing tantrums and move on.
It's not a bait, if you refuse to believe otherwise, it just proves your inability to socialize and i'm not here to fix that issue for you.
My analytic brain is used outside internet, you don't know me personally so your imaginary me that is stuck to the monitor and trolling is your pathetic attempt to make yourself a "better person"(perhaps) or whatever. Just go enjoy whatever you enjoy instead of getting offended for no reason on internet...
Jul 6, 2019 12:37 PM

Oct 2017
AzorAhai said:
2) Sanity.
3) Annoying parts.

When you think about it this way it's hard to disagree. It was just a dumb fun before you ruined it for me. Thanks alot dickhead =)
Jul 6, 2019 12:49 PM

Jul 2017
Hol'up, weren't you the one shitting on everyone and their mother for shit-talking The Promised Neverland after only the first ep?

But as for your points, you do bring up some good inconsistencies, the first 2 could probably be explained given some time, as this is the first episode. The 3rd one I think just comes down to the series being mainly shounen, especially the lack of trauma part. I mean, you could also ask how come in the whole world only the 2 MC's are the ones that were able to break free from the stone, but at the end of the day it's not like it's gonna be entirely logical.
Jul 6, 2019 1:09 PM
Jun 2019
I agree, I didn't expect this from the show, I was completely in a daze of laughter about the absurdity of him remaining sane after that long (I even forgot to drink my tea!). At first I thought they were joking to at least some extent about literal millenia passing, and that he could rationalize the fact of millenia passing with a straight and energetic face. There's no way they could survive something so terrifying. They were serious though, disregarding one of the biggest existential horrors I can imagine. Watching it was like waiting for some sort of punchline that never came.
It's also ridiculous for the science guy to keep track of that many seconds. (BTW, didn't the scientist guy say that he was keeping track so that he would know a safe time to break free, but it wasn't their choice when to break out?)

I guess they had to make contrived plot choices to be able to tell this sort of story, so from now on I'll just enjoy the series as long as it doesn't start taking itself too seriously.
Jul 6, 2019 1:10 PM

Nov 2013
v_max said:
I don't get it. You have rated Promised Neverland a 10/10. But you didn't have any problems with <12 year old kids being super smart or even worse how does
, It is a very fictional thing which you can find only in Anime and seemed weird to me personally.
You also rated One Punch Man 10/10.

I don't get it why are you being so nit-picky in this case but lenient in the others? Also even if you have valid reasons it is SHOUNEN, and shounen stories never really made sense to begin with.If you like it good for you go give it a 10.If you don't atleast watch the full season before posting something like this,it's only Episode 1.Give the show some time to make its setting clear.

Lastly, '(not a bait)' Don't do that. It only creates unwanted attention and makes people into thinking this is actually a bait.Unless ofcourse this post was meant to be a bait,then Well played in that case.

Well, well, well. First of all, me giving certain scores to other shows has nothing to do with this thread and only shows how pissed (probably) you were to go scrolling my list, looking for "flaws" in my way of thinking, or "signs of hypocrisy" or whatever. The promised neverland has super smart kids, the same way it has super smart teenager in this show. I don't see problem with that. You think 12yo kids can't be super smart? In promised neveralnd children outsmart others and we are shown how they do it; despite being smart, they still have limits - thus i don't question realism - they're not OP. Ray having memories from birth is something i cringed both in manga and in anime, but i rated the show out of enjoyment and didn't rate it lower because that's how i wanted it. My 10/10 isn't your 10/10, i often give 10/10's despite flaws, not necessarily based on realism. What i'm doing here is simply talking about flaws that the show has; these are OBVIOUS flaws. EVERY SHOW HAS flaws but that's not the point of the thread too. To begin with i haven't yet given this show a score, nor do i preach that it's bad lol; HENCE MY (NO BAIT) in the title. Name any show and i'll tell you what flaws caught my eye; what matters is how WELL the show executes the story. If the story wants me to BELIEVE that no man-made structure is left after 3700years have passed, yet at the same time wants me to BELIEVE that stone-humans just lie around on the surface is OK, well i'm gonna have questions about that! Now about one punch man. One punch man is not a serious anime, at least for me it never left an impression of if trying to be taken seriously and proving things using real science like this show here does. Now, if one punch man was focused on scientists explaining how monsters are made using real science, i'd hardly even watch it, i mean, come on, one person eats many crabs and becomes a crab-monster. Just like that - wtf? One punch man doesn't bother explaining how that shit happens in that world. as for your example about Hero Organization; i simply saw it as "convenient to the plot". Saitama's physical strength alone should have been enough to make him S class hero, but the plot, that doesn't take its own world SERIOUSLY, makes him a C class hero, so that the plot drags for several chapters and more heroes and monsters are introduced. We don't want it to end in 2 chapters now don't we? (once again i don't rate shows on how serous/real they are)
Dr.Stone on the other hand will most likely focus on how people turned into stone; by giving us real scientific explanation. It uses science and basic rules of nature to show how man-made structures disappear with the time, while at the same time neglecting something as obvious of billions of stone-humans. If anime takes its fictional world seriously, i expect it to be serious (most of the time at least), instead of glossing over such important things as #1 and #2 on my first page.

Call it nit-picky if you want lol; this is a discussion by a random person. I'm just one random guy who opened a thread and stated his opinion lol, I even had to specify that this ain't a bait lol. People these days can't state their opinions without others taking things personally or getting offended it seems. This thread isn't a bait-means i'm not attacking your taste, your intelligence, your anything. I'm just posting an opinion because i'm free to do so - The end. There's just no helping it; no matter if i post or don't post "this ain't a bait" people - who WANT to be offended/baited - will still get offended and call it a bait.

#1 and #2 are the points that will hardly be mentioned later in the episode i think. The story will most likely focus on survival/building/other characters, rather than "why we didn't lose sanity" or "why weren't we buried", that's something the story had to deliver at the start or should have executed better. That's just too basic and should have been executed better, not to cause so much confusion - at least in people who think about things instead of turning their brains off. Once again, shounen or not, fantasy or not, there still are some basic rules every such world has to obey, instead of "that's just how it is, don't think about it, just accept it and be done with it" - mindset of an easily manipulated mob.
Jul 6, 2019 1:13 PM

Nov 2013
zeus-faber said:
AzorAhai said:
2) Sanity.
3) Annoying parts.

When you think about it this way it's hard to disagree. It was just a dumb fun before you ruined it for me. Thanks alot dickhead =)
I'm sorry lol... =)
Jul 6, 2019 1:24 PM

Oct 2013
justtvalerie said:
AzorAhai said:
2) Sanity.
3) Annoying parts.

Lol, I actually agree with everything you said; it hadn't occurred to me about the MCs just waking up after 3000 years and taking it so lightly. Also, all the birds are turned to stone but there's a dog there that stays unfrozen and barking like crazy. If the birds got frozen, then all animals should be frozen as well. So how are the MCs hunting boars and stuff if all animals were turned to stone along with the humans? All very random and convinient to the plot. For a story so attached to science, it sure has some inconsistencies.

I actually read the manga during its first year of publication but I dropped it because I got tired of the repetitiveness of the whole thing. Hopefully it'll be more entertaining to watch than to read it.

This is what I fear from the beginning, I've mention how this reminds me of food wars and the reason I stop reading the food wars manga is because it just became repetitive and I can definitely feel this will also be the same for this.

We will see though.
Jul 6, 2019 1:38 PM
Jun 2019
@AzorAhai Thanks for clearing that up,As long as you cringed at that Ray thing there is some consistency.I looked at your list to get a better idea(If by chance you didnt mark Neverland and OPM 10/10) I wouldn't have an argument.Nothing in my earlier post reflects hostility or me trying to look at your flaws.
Yeah whatever you said in your OP is valid and clearly you are not only one who felt the same way.All we(the rest of us) are offering is an alternative perspective of approach.

But one thing I won't back down on is that you initiated this after the first episode.You could have done the same atleast after 4 episodes.This is the same reason MAL does not let you write reviews if u watched only 3 eps or less.This kind of post creates negativity for an upcoming series and people will avoid it(u can blame them for reading if u want but people are dumb and you should expect that).That said,I think a negative post is healthy criticism but just don't do it right now,please wait some time.This is not up for debate and if you disagree that is fine but please don't quote me further on this particular aspect.
Jul 6, 2019 1:39 PM

Nov 2013
Short_Circut said:
Hol'up, weren't you the one shitting on everyone and their mother for shit-talking The Promised Neverland after only the first ep?

But as for your points, you do bring up some good inconsistencies, the first 2 could probably be explained given some time, as this is the first episode. The 3rd one I think just comes down to the series being mainly shounen, especially the lack of trauma part. I mean, you could also ask how come in the whole world only the 2 MC's are the ones that were able to break free from the stone, but at the end of the day it's not like it's gonna be entirely logical.
lol, people were basically shitposting mostly because it was a "hyped" show and expected 3 main characters fully developed from the get go. Nobody actually bothered to state fact and usually used one sentence to describe how the show is bad and shouldn't be liked lol. I can't really understand why you compare those atrocious shitposts and my thread lol. Notice how in my writing i don't throw tantrums, bashing the show or something like that, i simply state problematic/annoying/weird things, as politely as possible lol (since through experience i know how clickbait/shitpost thread looks like)
#3 is simply a personal opinion; things i personally found annoying - not something everyone has to agree with. #2 and #1 are things many find hard to believe for obvious reasons. They might be explained later, but right now they're problematic/weird/annoying - hence the thread lol.

#1 The story says that time destroyed all the traces of mankind. - Ok, seems reasonable.
The story also says that stoned humans still lie on the surface and some are partly absorbed by the nature. - WTF?
#2 people are stoned but they are conscious - That sucks, but Ok.
people are stoned for nearly 4 millennia, yet they're still sane - o_O wtf?

To be honest i had no problems with 2 MC being the ones to break free lol, because the scientist MC mentioned that exact question, implying that we will get an answer eventually. The same way i'm not mentioning "how come animals aren't stoned as well" since i expect show to give an answer in the future.

#1 and #2 are things that i hardly expect to be explained properly or were simply too poorly executed.
I mean why weren't stone humans destroyed or fully absorbed by earth? It's been 3700 years for the F-sake! No logical answer, other than "convenient to the plot" comes in mind. I don't expect scientist MC to give me logical scientific explanation to why that happened other than "it was convenient to the plot" i guess lol.
#2 is also tricky. I mean, is the plot expecting me to believe that a human mind can stay sane after 3700 years of isolation?! I can think how it's possible to not die from starvation and still be physically strong (since that looked pretty much the same as cryosleep used in sci-fi movies where astronauts are frozen/stoned lol for a period of time without aging or becoming weaker...usually) but to keep sanity for 3700 years? How? by sheer will? by the power of boners? Because they're MC's and it'c convenient to the plot? lol
Sigmar-UnberogenJul 6, 2019 1:48 PM
Jul 6, 2019 2:07 PM
Jan 2012
Things I find problematic/annoying?
Well probably the fact that the series was hyped and some people even said it would be the anime of the season? Jeez.

I mean come on, the Scientist MC, managed to frickin count every single second in 3700 years, but had to be reminded by the meat-head that wine can be made out of grapes?
yeah....no...i'm out... not my cup of tea
Jul 6, 2019 2:16 PM

May 2018
They survived for 2k years, that's the biggest plot hole, but whatever. It might be explained later.
Jul 6, 2019 2:16 PM

Jul 2015
v_max said:
@AzorAhai Thanks for clearing that up,As long as you cringed at that Ray thing there is some consistency.I looked at your list to get a better idea(If by chance you didnt mark Neverland and OPM 10/10) I wouldn't have an argument.Nothing in my earlier post reflects hostility or me trying to look at your flaws.
Yeah whatever you said in your OP is valid and clearly you are not only one who felt the same way.All we(the rest of us) are offering is an alternative perspective of approach.

But one thing I won't back down on is that you initiated this after the first episode.You could have done the same atleast after 4 episodes.This is the same reason MAL does not let you write reviews if u watched only 3 eps or less.This kind of post creates negativity for an upcoming series and people will avoid it(u can blame them for reading if u want but people are dumb and you should expect that).That said,I think a negative post is healthy criticism but just don't do it right now,please wait some time.This is not up for debate and if you disagree that is fine but please don't quote me further on this particular aspect.

Why is one not allowed to do a review (before 3 episodes seen) and instead is allowed to rate? According to your reasoning, giving negative criticism can scare people away at the beggining of the anime ... but giving both positive and negative scores has the same effects, in this case having the series more than an 8 rating, it is attracting people (which, according to your reasoning, should not be allowed, provided many people can be attracted by mistake to an anime they wont like because of this toxic "early positivism"). As I say, I emphasize that I am against both "early positivism" and "early negativism".

In summary: rating before 3 episodes (as well as reviewing) should be not allowed?

Thank you
BelselJul 6, 2019 2:21 PM
Jul 6, 2019 2:21 PM
May 2017
Plot Armor
here is your answer
Jul 6, 2019 5:03 PM
Aug 2014
I don't really care the anime looks awesome. Good art, interesting concept.
Jul 6, 2019 5:38 PM

Mar 2018
AzorAhai said:
Most are probably dead and underground lol. I'm only confused about what others here already said, they clearly ate meat and some bats were alive. But they deliberately showed the puppy not being petrified, I'm sure it'll get expended on later in the story. Also in a flashback from before everything happened Strong MC encountered a bird turned into stone, there might be inconsistenies in the power of the green flash of light itself, for the sake of plot armor

2) Sanity.
This is just your personal complaint, it shows the tone the story is going for. I like it and don't mind not spending time on drama that's impossible to write about because the human mind is incapable of even understanding what the hell 3700 years of being consciousness and not being able to move would be like. My nigga dr stone counted 3700 years in seconds, other dude remained sane by thinking about his crush

3) Annoying parts.
It's fucking epic m8, their dynamic is natural and plays part in the theme of the story. I don't find them annoying at all. And the strong guy did make some comments about the state of the world, there's just an emphasis put on his crush. In the opening scene we can see scientist mc with some crazy ass machine in chemistry classs, while everyone else was a normie. You either like or you don't lol

EsquirtitJul 6, 2019 5:47 PM
poop
Jul 6, 2019 6:38 PM
Jul 2019
AzorAhai said:
2) Sanity.
3) Annoying parts.

how come everybody didn't notice if we are lying in a hospital bed for just 5 years, we will lost muscle function. How come they.. for a fuckin 3000+ years hatched from a stone like a fresh man come out of shower. Wtf?? I mean it is anime, it is fiction, i didn't hope for them to be paralyzed but at least... Make it like they're having a hard time for adjusting their muscle back for using it again
Jul 6, 2019 6:57 PM
Feb 2017
Doodoo_Man said:
AzorAhai said:
2) Sanity.
3) Annoying parts.

how come everybody didn't notice if we are lying in a hospital bed for just 5 years, we will lost muscle function. How come they.. for a fuckin 3000+ years hatched from a stone like a fresh man come out of shower. Wtf?? I mean it is anime, it is fiction, i didn't hope for them to be paralyzed but at least... Make it like they're having a hard time for adjusting their muscle back for using it again

They didn't die from starvation/dehydration, FYI. I don't think them losing their touch with their muscles was the least of their worries.
Jul 6, 2019 7:02 PM

Jun 2012
AzorAhai said:
2) Sanity.
3) Annoying parts.

It's understandable if people think you are baiting, the first 2 points were explained and the 3 one is just your opinion on the MCs personalities.
Point 1, the stones weren't all in the same place, you were shown the MC moving a lot, some just stayed put because they were grabbed by vines, trees, etc... some were broken. The stone corroded only because of the acid and MC told the stone was a weird mineral probably why it lasted thousands of years.
Point 2, well smart MC was conscious because it's his thing since he's a genius, if the normal people would sleep in the situation, the other way around since he's not normal he would not sleep. Second MC was conscious because of he's personality and him being immensely stupid.
Point 3, we are low on info we still don't know both MCs backstories, maybe smart MC despaired at the beginning since he awoke first 6 months ago and this being an unrealistic theme it's difficult for it to be 100% realistic, but it still makes sense on the "rules" set in their world.
You are nitpicking a lot, not that it's a bad thing, but you are going to kill your enjoyment of this I think.
Jul 6, 2019 7:18 PM
Jul 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
Doodoo_Man said:

They didn't die from starvation/dehydration, FYI. I don't think them losing their touch with their muscles was the least of their worries.
Yea, so with the person in hospital, when they are in state of coma, they didn't die or starving, all their organ is still intact and all.. but.. even that they will still lose their ability or at least need times for them to being able to use their muscle again. Yea i know its fiction, but their attention level to details is so low
Jul 6, 2019 7:22 PM
Feb 2017
Doodoo_Man said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Yea, so with the person in hospital, when they are in state of coma, they didn't die or starving, all their organ is still intact and all.. but.. even that they will still lose their ability or at least need times for them to being able to use their muscle again. Yea i know its fiction, but their attention level to details is so low

I don't remember a person being in a hospital, but if you're talking about IRL, they are fed through tubes (or something like that).
Jul 6, 2019 7:29 PM
Jul 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
Doodoo_Man said:

I don't remember a person being in a hospital, but if you're talking about IRL, they are fed through tubes (or something like that).
yea bruh, that's not the point how they get fed. My problems is they can use their muscle like nothin happen. For f*ck sake.. its 3700 years, make it a little bit hard for them to use their muscle back. It won't hurt the animator or whatsoever. Like i said attention to detail is so weak
Jul 6, 2019 9:02 PM

Apr 2015
Expecting Shonens to be realistic on every point ...

I don't know, should I recommend you to watch any classic shonen that has been out for you to end up questionning every little detail until you go insane because "muh logic in fantasy shonen anime !" or simply ride the wave of what we're presented with for now.

It's honestly, not complicated.
There's nothing wrong with having gripes about MC's personalities though.
Jul 6, 2019 9:46 PM
Feb 2017
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.
I literally couldn't agree with you more. I also wonder, how the frig did all the buildings just magically disappear? They've shown a scene in which the buildings are covered with plants but like, then there's no trace and sign of them. They are not covered with anything, there are no ruins left, they're just gone from the earth's surface but somehow human bodies managed to stay on the ground. Like excuse me???
Jul 6, 2019 9:59 PM

Apr 2014
I agree with the fact that staying conscious for the entire 3000 years is a bit hard to believe, and that there are almost no buildings leftover. I also am bothered by the fact that the birds turned to stone, which means animals turned as well...but the dog in the beginning didn't? And the monkeys we see later on didn't?
Jul 6, 2019 10:01 PM
Nov 2015
v_max said:
I don't get it. You have rated Promised Neverland a 10/10. But you didn't have any problems with <12 year old kids being super smart or even worse how does
, It is a very fictional thing which you can find only in Anime and seemed weird to me personally.

I don't get it why are you being so nit-picky in this case but lenient in the others? Also even if you have valid reasons it is SHOUNEN, and shounen stories never really made sense to begin with.If you like it good for you go give it a 10.If you don't atleast watch the full season before posting something like this,it's only Episode 1.Give the show some time to make its setting clear.

Lastly, '(not a bait)' Don't do that. It only creates unwanted attention and makes people into thinking this is actually a bait.Unless ofcourse this post was meant to be a bait,then Well played in that case.
the day thing is a bit exaggerated but still plausible, as children can recognize their mothers and the saitama thing is understandable given the ubsurd levels of strength he possesses and his quick level of finishing his opponents.
Jul 6, 2019 10:05 PM
Nov 2015
AzorAhai said:
v_max said:

Well, well, well. First of all, me giving certain scores to other shows has nothing to do with this thread and only shows how pissed (probably) you were to go scrolling my list, looking for "flaws" in my way of thinking, or "signs of hypocrisy" or whatever. The promised neverland has super smart kids, the same way it has super smart teenager in this show. I don't see problem with that. You think 12yo kids can't be super smart? In promised neveralnd children outsmart others and we are shown how they do it; despite being smart, they still have limits - thus i don't question realism - they're not OP. Ray having memories from birth is something i cringed both in manga and in anime, but i rated the show out of enjoyment and didn't rate it lower because that's how i wanted it. My 10/10 isn't your 10/10, i often give 10/10's despite flaws, not necessarily based on realism. What i'm doing here is simply talking about flaws that the show has; these are OBVIOUS flaws. EVERY SHOW HAS flaws but that's not the point of the thread too. To begin with i haven't yet given this show a score, nor do i preach that it's bad lol; HENCE MY (NO BAIT) in the title. Name any show and i'll tell you what flaws caught my eye; what matters is how WELL the show executes the story. If the story wants me to BELIEVE that no man-made structure is left after 3700years have passed, yet at the same time wants me to BELIEVE that stone-humans just lie around on the surface is OK, well i'm gonna have questions about that! Now about one punch man. One punch man is not a serious anime, at least for me it never left an impression of if trying to be taken seriously and proving things using real science like this show here does. Now, if one punch man was focused on scientists explaining how monsters are made using real science, i'd hardly even watch it, i mean, come on, one person eats many crabs and becomes a crab-monster. Just like that - wtf? One punch man doesn't bother explaining how that shit happens in that world. as for your example about Hero Organization; i simply saw it as "convenient to the plot". Saitama's physical strength alone should have been enough to make him S class hero, but the plot, that doesn't take its own world SERIOUSLY, makes him a C class hero, so that the plot drags for several chapters and more heroes and monsters are introduced. We don't want it to end in 2 chapters now don't we? (once again i don't rate shows on how serous/real they are)
Dr.Stone on the other hand will most likely focus on how people turned into stone; by giving us real scientific explanation. It uses science and basic rules of nature to show how man-made structures disappear with the time, while at the same time neglecting something as obvious of billions of stone-humans. If anime takes its fictional world seriously, i expect it to be serious (most of the time at least), instead of glossing over such important things as #1 and #2 on my first page.

Call it nit-picky if you want lol; this is a discussion by a random person. I'm just one random guy who opened a thread and stated his opinion lol, I even had to specify that this ain't a bait lol. People these days can't state their opinions without others taking things personally or getting offended it seems. This thread isn't a bait-means i'm not attacking your taste, your intelligence, your anything. I'm just posting an opinion because i'm free to do so - The end. There's just no helping it; no matter if i post or don't post "this ain't a bait" people - who WANT to be offended/baited - will still get offended and call it a bait.

#1 and #2 are the points that will hardly be mentioned later in the episode i think. The story will most likely focus on survival/building/other characters, rather than "why we didn't lose sanity" or "why weren't we buried", that's something the story had to deliver at the start or should have executed better. That's just too basic and should have been executed better, not to cause so much confusion - at least in people who think about things instead of turning their brains off. Once again, shounen or not, fantasy or not, there still are some basic rules every such world has to obey, instead of "that's just how it is, don't think about it, just accept it and be done with it" - mindset of an easily manipulated mob.
being unrealistic isn't a flaw being internally inconsistent is a flaw and as far as the promised Neverland and Dr stone is concerned that hasn't happened yet.
Jul 6, 2019 10:47 PM
Jul 2019
Just made an account after watching the ratings of the show. After watching the first episode, it definitely doesn't deserve 8.37 (with 10k+ users), should be at most 6. Personally, I would rate it 1, so that people like me balance/average out the rating to be around 5 to 6.

1) Both of them break the stones, but how were they alive till that point? The whole outer shell is made of stone. They haven't been eating, they haven't been breathing, how is their brain functioning(one is counting numbers, other is thinking about his gf)?

2) Then we see some animals effected by the event while others not. Why are monkeys/wolves/dogs/bats unaffected by the phenomenon while some birds which aren't mammals get effected same as humans?

3) Characters are way too annoying for my taste. Maybe I am just old, but I just couldn't bare to watch, only managed to complete the first episode thinking that maybe it would make sense in the last minute. Dr. with the quirky smile after each dialogue and wearing a printed shirt E=mc^2 doesn't make someone genius, his actions/dialogues have to be written in a way to make him seem like a genius. The guy makes a hut and presents it as, he is some kind of genius. I can link a youtube video of guy making an under ground covered swimming pool with just a wooden stick(not even a shovel but a literal sharpened wooden stick), it's called survival skills. The genius says "if only I had alcohol", like he has been out of stone for 6 months and he had 0 clue how to make alcohol, till his friend.

I have read some comments trying to defend this bs by 'well it's fictions so'. These are the same people that tried to defend season 8 of GoT. You have to make the viewer believe in your story/world, every other anime which has earned the rating of 8+ does that. One punch did it, Attack on Titan did it, Code Geass did it, Death note did it, Full metal alchemist did it, One piece did it, naruto did it, bleach did it (excluding all the fillers in all of these of-course), examples are endless. The premise of the show is science, this isn't an action anime, it has an emphasis on SCIENCE with the genius Dr. character in the middle, of-course it has to make sense. When Walter white(Breaking Bad) threw mercury fulminate on the ground it made sense because SCIENCE, of-course that amount c=wouldn't blow that much, but still it was made believable. This shit show on the other hand doesn't make a bit of sense.

May be it is aimed for the kids under the age of 10 and I am probably too old for it. In my defense I have watched plenty of anime from all genre like GTO, FLCL, Overlord, ReZero, No game no life, Trigun, fist of northstar, DB, Elfen Lied, Ergo Proxy, Tokyo Ghoul and 100's more but never did I watch such an over overrated BS. Definitely doesn't deserve 8.3
DeathProfessorJul 6, 2019 10:50 PM
Jul 6, 2019 11:19 PM

Apr 2018
This is a work of fiction so it is meant to be unrealistic. I don't watch anime looking for realistic stuffs so I have no problem with this one.
Jul 6, 2019 11:40 PM

Oct 2014
Golden Kamuy is way, way better. But ok. I just love the "if you don't like, you must be a hater, you *need* to like everything therefore you are a true fan"
Jul 7, 2019 12:44 AM
Nov 2015
DeathProfessor said:
Just made an account after watching the ratings of the show. After watching the first episode, it definitely doesn't deserve 8.37 (with 10k+ users), should be at most 6. Personally, I would rate it 1, so that people like me balance/average out the rating to be around 5 to 6.

1) Both of them break the stones, but how were they alive till that point? The whole outer shell is made of stone. They haven't been eating, they haven't been breathing, how is their brain functioning(one is counting numbers, other is thinking about his gf)?

2) Then we see some animals effected by the event while others not. Why are monkeys/wolves/dogs/bats unaffected by the phenomenon while some birds which aren't mammals get effected same as humans?

3) Characters are way too annoying for my taste. Maybe I am just old, but I just couldn't bare to watch, only managed to complete the first episode thinking that maybe it would make sense in the last minute. Dr. with the quirky smile after each dialogue and wearing a printed shirt E=mc^2 doesn't make someone genius, his actions/dialogues have to be written in a way to make him seem like a genius. The guy makes a hut and presents it as, he is some kind of genius. I can link a youtube video of guy making an under ground covered swimming pool with just a wooden stick(not even a shovel but a literal sharpened wooden stick), it's called survival skills. The genius says "if only I had alcohol", like he has been out of stone for 6 months and he had 0 clue how to make alcohol, till his friend.

I have read some comments trying to defend this bs by 'well it's fictions so'. These are the same people that tried to defend season 8 of GoT. You have to make the viewer believe in your story/world, every other anime which has earned the rating of 8+ does that. One punch did it, Attack on Titan did it, Code Geass did it, Death note did it, Full metal alchemist did it, One piece did it, naruto did it, bleach did it (excluding all the fillers in all of these of-course), examples are endless. The premise of the show is science, this isn't an action anime, it has an emphasis on SCIENCE with the genius Dr. character in the middle, of-course it has to make sense. When Walter white(Breaking Bad) threw mercury fulminate on the ground it made sense because SCIENCE, of-course that amount c=wouldn't blow that much, but still it was made believable. This shit show on the other hand doesn't make a bit of sense.

May be it is aimed for the kids under the age of 10 and I am probably too old for it. In my defense I have watched plenty of anime from all genre like GTO, FLCL, Overlord, ReZero, No game no life, Trigun, fist of northstar, DB, Elfen Lied, Ergo Proxy, Tokyo Ghoul and 100's more but never did I watch such an over overrated BS. Definitely doesn't deserve 8.3
1. The only thing active was their conciouse , everything else was inactive as to why that's the case lord knows, that's one of the mysteries of the anime. this isn't an inconsistency yet.

2. This is probably an inconsistency, but only birds were frozen who other animals were still active.

The guy wearing the e = mc2 thing bothers you is just a nitpick, intelligent people on average are no different than regular people in terms of how they talk,it's what they do that separates and him counting tim and maintaining his sanity is a remarkable feat of mental effeciency.

It's funny you bring up breaking bad cause the Mercury scene is implausible from a realistic scientific angle and so is alot of the other "science" in the show.
Jul 7, 2019 1:06 AM
Funny Lesbian

Sep 2018
AzorAhai said:
2) Sanity.
3) Annoying parts.

I totally agree with you. And that is mainly my own fault. As many people said here, it is a work of fiction, and there is no actual need for it to be realistic. But from the way people who have read the manga talked to me about it, I thought that being realistic and scientifically accurate was going to be the whole shtick of the show.

Especially the sanity part is something I just can't overlook, but probably could've if I went in with different expecations.
I can see your side, I can also see the side of those who disagree with you, but I definitely ruined the whole show for myself. Senkuu's "I'm going to beat fantasy with science." just feels like a major joke to me.
-Yuzucchi-Jul 7, 2019 1:30 AM
you got the whole squad laughing

[/URL]
Jul 7, 2019 1:19 AM

Jul 2016
Imagine looking for realism in an anime where a magic, green beam of light turns all humans and random birds in stone statues, and writing lengthy essays on why it is "problematic". Looking for realism in anime isn't stupid, it can have a sense and it can be done, but you gotta search where the premises are realistic, not in a sci-fi world like Dr. Stone's.

KarasuZ said:
Golden Kamuy is way, way better. But ok. I just love the "if you don't like, you must be a hater, you *need* to like everything therefore you are a true fan"

Kind of a random flex, considering the two anime and manga have little to nothing in common.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Jul 7, 2019 1:29 AM
Mar 2011
This show does have a lot of scientific inconsistencies, but most anime/manga do. I gave up on having my mind dwell on inconsistencies in anime a long time ago because otherwise I would dwell on them to the point that it starts ruining my enjoyment of them. I hate plot inconsistencies a lot more though.

You just have to keep a couple of things in the back of your mind when watching anime such as these. The purpose of the story, the demographic, and what you want to get out of the anime are things you should keep in mind if you plan on continuing with it. Instead of dwelling on why they aren't insane and other inconsistencies I just think about the mysteries laid out in front of us such as what caused the giant flash and what was it's purpose.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Jul 7, 2019 1:30 AM

Apr 2016
I won't read the whole thread because of spoilers but the "funny" thing is how "stoned bodies" moved.

The scientist got petrified in a classroom several floors higher form the ground and he ends up undamaged in a forest ???

I mean to get there, we should assume there was a flood (dozen of meters high) (we saw one) and the petrified bodies can float.

Maybe we'll get explanations about that, maybe not. I don't expect it to be "realistic" even in its own setting. I don't mind as long if we don't get too many of these unrealistic things, I like the premise anyway. And the fact the parents are not mentioned is a shounen trope. Nothing new. Parents often don't really exist in many shounen. I suppose teenagers prefer to forget them :)
Jul 7, 2019 2:57 AM

Nov 2013
@DYED
Imagine looking for realism in an anime where a magic, green beam of light turns all humans and random birds in stone statues, and writing lengthy essays on why it is "problematic". Looking for realism in anime isn't stupid, it can have a sense and it can be done, but you gotta search where the premises are realistic, not in a sci-fi world like Dr. Stone's.
I see what you mean, but there always are rules and realism in every fiction. I'm sure we won't be seeing unicorns, dragons and fairies in Dr.Stone, nor we'll see people floating, using magic and stuff. Why I know this? Dr.Stone is a fantasy, but even then the world has certain rules and certain realism it simply can't ignore; otherwise the story will become a mess; an UNREAL, not serious mess. Seeing how men-made world gets absorbed by nature was realism; people turning to stone was realism for this particular world and i didn't question it at all - this is where i'm perfectly fine with "it's a fantasy so realism be gone". Unless we forget science COMPLETELY, and acknowledge that stone-people are still on surface simply because of the plot, then all we see makes sense. I wouldn't create this thread if this were some sort of Isekai anime; you won't find me nitcpicking in Isekai fantasy anime and speaking about realism lol. Dr.Stone is supposed to be about ordinary world like ours, where the ONLY unreal thing that happens is the green light that turned people into stones. But again, if an anime plans to explain everything using real science while neglecting real science whenever they feel so, well excuse me but i won't be taking this show seriously. and when i say seriously, i mean it will be just another average anime, similar to those cute girls doing cute things-type of anime, like girls surviving on an island by doing stupid shit lol - people watch these types of anime not to learn survival tactics, but to see stupid girls with big boobs doing stuff. Is Dr.Stone supposed to be that simple and stupid?
Jul 7, 2019 3:03 AM

Sep 2018
Esquirtit said:
AzorAhai said:
Most are probably dead and underground lol. I'm only confused about what others here already said, they clearly ate meat and some bats were alive. But they deliberately showed the puppy not being petrified, I'm sure it'll get expended on later in the story. Also in a flashback from before everything happened Strong MC encountered a bird turned into stone, there might be inconsistenies in the power of the green flash of light itself, for the sake of plot armor

2) Sanity.
This is just your personal complaint, it shows the tone the story is going for. I like it and don't mind not spending time on drama that's impossible to write about because the human mind is incapable of even understanding what the hell 3700 years of being consciousness and not being able to move would be like. My nigga dr stone counted 3700 years in seconds, other dude remained sane by thinking about his crush

3) Annoying parts.
It's fucking epic m8, their dynamic is natural and plays part in the theme of the story. I don't find them annoying at all. And the strong guy did make some comments about the state of the world, there's just an emphasis put on his crush. In the opening scene we can see scientist mc with some crazy ass machine in chemistry classs, while everyone else was a normie. You either like or you don't lol

I just wanted to answer the questions myself but you did a good job explianing ,thank you :D
Im just gonna add something:
1)The bird thing is still a mystery maybe the birds that Taiju and Yuzuriha found were some kind of test before the real deal, also " No trace of mankind remains after 3700 years, which is hardly something you'd hardly doubt would happen" I dont really understand what the guy said in this sentence if its why there's almost no sing of buildings a lot of things can happened in 3700years and Japan as a place has a lot of earthquakes and tsunami's ,also the ray of light was not magic-the whole point of the anime is that its science!

2)you said it all Senkuu's counting sounds kind of impossible but Taiju was in love for this Girl for 5 years he was about to tell her when it turned to stone,it makes sence thet he's thinking about her ,also the person that cant seehear speak or move can hardly percieve the time in the right way,both Senkuu and Taiju mentioned darkness pulling them but they menaged to stay awake (it will be explained how that helped them in turning back from stone) most of the people lost consciousness after being turned to stone...

3)"One character wants to bone a girl, other wants to rule the new world."
I dont know how he came to this conclusion this is Taiju's first love and Senkuu never mentioned anything about being the king..
I dont know what's so wrong with being an optimist Senkuu is smart a thinks he can to something why should he despair ? and seknuu a Taiju are bff and yes
their dynamic is so funny and great.

In the end you want to get all the answers in the first episode,anything that has some kind of plot isnt for you,i hope you're gonna continue watching because thats how you get the answers you seek...

Have a nice day :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Jul 7, 2019 3:09 AM

Nov 2013
SRASinister said:
This show does have a lot of scientific inconsistencies, but most anime/manga do. I gave up on having my mind dwell on inconsistencies in anime a long time ago because otherwise I would dwell on them to the point that it starts ruining my enjoyment of them. I hate plot inconsistencies a lot more though.

You just have to keep a couple of things in the back of your mind when watching anime such as these. The purpose of the story, the demographic, and what you want to get out of the anime are things you should keep in mind if you plan on continuing with it. Instead of dwelling on why they aren't insane and other inconsistencies I just think about the mysteries laid out in front of us such as what caused the giant flash and what was it's purpose.

I totally get what you mean. The thing is, i still did enjoy the show and would like to know the truth behind the green light. It might be hard to believe but despite thinking about these things, i still had fun watching lol (maybe because i'm in love with post-apocalypse theme). I could have kept these things in the back of my mind but i decided not to, hence this thread lol. Matrix movie is one of my favorite sci-fi post-apocalypse movies and HELL there are lots of inconsistencies and bullshit there; but it's still enjoyable to talk about those things and think about those things. At least i thought it would be here too, but as one good person told me; by discussing such things, i might be ruining fun for others; or pissing the fanboys; or offending people because they're sensitive to opinions and shit... So it makes you feel the world would be a better place if we used brain less lol?
Jul 7, 2019 3:10 AM

Apr 2019
"Polyethylen is just a long gasoline molecule with a few hydrocarbons chopped off." Of all the infinitely many phrases they could have written to characterize him as a science genius, why they had to come up with this braindead techno babble? The show lost me at this point.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

336 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

210 by Matchappie »»
Mar 4, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

315 by Ilookgood »»
Feb 26, 9:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.