Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 4, 2019 9:59 AM
Apr 2019
ItsXolo said:
I'd say the main reason this show doesn't deserve top spot is because it's a 5/10 show at the best of times, and it rarely even reaches those best of times.
Your opinion. Don't state it as a fact dude we all have our opinions some want aot to be at the top spot and some people don't want aot to surpass their fav animes. But the majority of people will like aot more after watching season 3 part 2 tho.
Jul 4, 2019 10:08 AM
Mar 2018
SheevPalpatine said:
Zoroft said:

"Hyouin" Rintarou is just a superficial projection of what a nerd is which I guess is intended by the person himself. But underneath that he's a nothing of a character, completely shallow and uninteresting no different than your typical good guy shonen mc who wants to save everybody.

Looks like you completely don't undertand Okabe's personality, and his Hououin Kyouma persona...
Spoilers from Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0:

So, Okabe is a waaaaaay mooooreeee than you think, you just simply doesn't understand its character. It's okay, Steins;Gate is hard to follow, it is not for everybody. It is a deeper show than SnK, I wouldn't recommend it to typical SnK fanboys.

Perfect reply, Okabe is the most entertaining character in Steins;Gate imo, also I love him for his delusional side
Jul 4, 2019 10:10 AM
Jan 2014
Titanslayer18 said:
ItsXolo said:
I'd say the main reason this show doesn't deserve top spot is because it's a 5/10 show at the best of times, and it rarely even reaches those best of times.
Your opinion. Don't state it as a fact dude we all have our opinions some want aot to be at the top spot and some people don't want aot to surpass their fav animes. But the majority of people will like aot more after watching season 3 part 2 tho.

This is a really silly thing to "want". Just rate it what you thought it deserved and then let things happen naturally. This is like Gintama levels of insane fanboys trying to game the system to make sure their favorite anime is the highest rated.
Jul 4, 2019 10:36 AM

Sep 2018
keragamming said:
TheProblemIsntMe said:

About season 2 being rated less than season 1:
Season 2 still has quite a bit of people that watched it and rated it compared to season 3. People were watching it because they may have liked the first season and there was a lot of time in between the two seasons for everyone to complete it. Then after watching season 2 they saw it got worse (supposedly IDK) and stopped watching it. Therefore the only ones that kept watching season 3 are people that were really invested in the series already and liked it. They would obviously rated it high.
If you look, FMAB has 1.4 million people that rated it while AoT s3 has 280k. There are other shows on the Top Anime that have less people rating it than AoT but I have a feeling that if more people watched it the shows rating would go down because it is not for everyone. Not everyone will like the show unlike FMAB where almost everyone can appreciate it.

And yes, I may be wrong. I didn't even finish the first season. But from my perspective that's what the rating and everything looks like to me.

Look at the stats and tell me what you understand from it.

season 2 stats https://myanimelist.net/anime/25777/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_Season_2/stats

season 3 https://myanimelist.net/anime/35760/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_Season_3/stats

season 3 part 2 stats https://myanimelist.net/anime/38524/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_Season_3_Part_2/stats

I understand that less people are watching it and the stats spiked up really high.
Jul 4, 2019 11:09 AM

Oct 2013
[quote=TheProblemIsntMe message=57905622]
keragamming said:
TheProblemIsntMe said:

About season 2 being rated less than season 1:
Season 2 still has quite a bit of people that watched it and rated it compared to season 3. People were watching it because they may have liked the first season and there was a lot of time in between the two seasons for everyone to complete it. Then after watching season 2 they saw it got worse (supposedly IDK) and stopped watching it. Therefore the only ones that kept watching season 3 are people that were really invested in the series already and liked it. They would obviously rated it high.
If you look, FMAB has 1.4 million people that rated it while AoT s3 has 280k. There are other shows on the Top Anime that have less people rating it than AoT but I have a feeling that if more people watched it the shows rating would go down because it is not for everyone. Not everyone will like the show unlike FMAB where almost everyone can appreciate it.

And yes, I may be wrong. I didn't even finish the first season. But from my perspective that's what the rating and everything looks like to me.

season 2 stats https://myanimelist.net/anime/25777/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_Season_2/stats

season 3 part 2 stats https://myanimelist.net/anime/38524/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_Season_3_Part_2/stats

Ok, here is what you are looking at wrong, stop looking at the amount of votes and instead look at the percentage.

Snk 1st season https://myanimelist.net/anime/16498/Shingeki_no_Kyojin/stats

The difference is the that this season has more persons percentage wise giving it a 10/10. The rest of the stats look mostly similar.

Season 1 stats
0.8% (9356 votes)
0.3% (3709 votes)
0.2% (2095 votes)
0.3% (3096 votes)

^These are the folks that has probably drop the series since season 1 correct? These persons that score from 1-4 are minuscule percentage wise, if they had continued watching up to season 3 part 2 they would not do much to the overall score.

Ok, for argument sake let's add these percentage to season 3 part 2.

Combining season 1 and season 3 part 2 stats
1.2% (9356 votes)
0.4% (3709 votes)
0.3% (2095 votes)
1.1% (3096 votes)

And I'm being generous here, because let's not forget the facts some of these folks may like the series more in later season, but lets work with what we have.

As you can see the rating would barely be affected, it probably would have been at 9.17 because of the increase in 1/10 votes percentage wise, if all those haters stick around for this season.

Do you get my point now? The haters has always been the minority and the percentage prove it, the real difference is the score is the 10/10 votes that is what makes this season where it is right now.

As I have said before people are loving this season more, it is as simple as that.
keragammingJul 4, 2019 11:13 AM
Jul 4, 2019 11:36 AM
Jun 2019
[quote=keragamming message=57905770]
TheProblemIsntMe said:
keragamming said:

Ok, here is what you are looking at wrong, stop looking at the amount of votes and instead look at the percentage.

The difference is the that this season has more persons percentage wise giving it a 10/10. The rest of the stats look mostly similar.

Season 1 stats
0.8% (9356 votes)
0.3% (3709 votes)
0.2% (2095 votes)
0.3% (3096 votes)

^These are the folks that has probably drop the series since season 1 correct? These persons that score from 1-4 are minuscule percentage wise, if they had continued watching up to season 3 part 2 they would not do much to the overall score.

1.2% (9356 votes)
0.4% (3709 votes)
0.3% (2095 votes)
1.1% (3096 votes)

And I'm being generous here, because let's not forget the facts some of these folks may like the series more in later season, but lets work with what we have.

As you can see the rating would barely be affected, it probably would have been at 9.17 because of the increase in 1/10 votes percentage wise, if all those haters stick around for this season.

Do you get my point now? The haters has always been the minority and the percentage prove it, the real difference is the score is the 10/10 votes that is what makes this season where it is right now.

As I have said before people are loving this season more, it is as simple as that.

I don't see any point in explaining these guys again and again when they keep saying shows viewership is dropped based on MAL stats, without considering that many people who initially rated Snk S1on MAL are now currently inactive on this site, same with any series whose sequel is released with huge time gap.
Further these guys keep saying current score is a result of sequel effect without any logic to it when clearly there are many people who liked this season even when they weren't into previous ones.
Its literally waste of time to explain them these things again and again.
Jul 4, 2019 1:12 PM

Sep 2008
This season so far is great. Really great.
9/10

Best anime ever though? Not even close.

I'd take Steins gate in terms of characters/plot/intrigue/dialogue over this one any time of the day.
Jul 4, 2019 2:13 PM
May 2019
SheevPalpatine said:

Okabe is not a basic chuunibyou. He created Hououin Kyouma's persona to cheer Mayuri up, after her

Can you not read or what?
Zoroft said:

"Hyouin" Rintarou is just a superficial projection of what a nerd is which I guess is intended by the person himself.
which I guess is intended by the person himself.

SheevPalpatine said:

He argues no matter what you say, and he is delusional all the way to the bone.

How is this different your typical shonen mc? Being overly self-righteous with delusions of grandeur is every shonen mc.
SheevPalpatine said:
Okabe is a waaaaaay mooooreeee than you think, you just simply doesn't understand its character. It's okay, Steins;Gate is hard to follow, it is not for everybody.

lmao is this a fucking joke? Imagine getting pretentious about fucking stein's gate where they literally spoonfeed you everything and the characters basic as fuck. Higurashi>>>>>stein's gate because unlike stein's gate it actually gets deep into complex character psychology.
SheevPalpatine said:
It is a deeper show than SnK, I wouldn't recommend it to typical SnK fanboys.

That's rich coming from an insecure Stein's gate fanboy who can't stand that SnK pulled ahead of his show. But do elaborate what's so deep about Stein's Gate I'd love to hear it.
Jul 4, 2019 2:26 PM

Sep 2018
keragamming said:

Season 1 stats
0.8% (9356 votes)
0.3% (3709 votes)
0.2% (2095 votes)
0.3% (3096 votes)

1.2% (9356 votes)
0.4% (3709 votes)
0.3% (2095 votes)
1.1% (3096 votes)

OK this is gona be last post from me cuz I'm bored of this. You can reply to this and I will read it but I won't discuss further.

A misconception you have in the scores is that you think that only the scores 1-4 drag the show average down. In actuality, every score from 1-9 will drop the rating down because the score is above a 9.
Example: Someone gives something a score of 9.5. So the average score is 9.5. Then another person gives it a score of 9.0. Now the average has went down to 9.25. If someone gives a score of 8 the average will be 8.8.

So if you want to talk about statistics (I will only compare season 1 and season 3 part 2) here they are.

Let's say that the only people that continued watching AoT from season 1 are the people that rated it a 10. That by itself is 295, 000 people. The amount of people on MAL that have put AoT season 3 part 2 on their list in one way or another is 284, 000.

So if the only ones that continued watching AoT season 3 are the people that watched season 1 and rated it a 10, then technically they disliked the 3rd part more because some of them rated it less than a 10.

I don't HATE attack on titan. In fact, I'm happy that it's highly rated. I might pick it up again just to see how much better it becomes. It's just that I don't think if you combined all of the seasons into one show it would have a higher rating than FMAB.
Jul 4, 2019 2:38 PM

Aug 2018
Totally agree with you , if Snk was fully adapted without being split in seasons then it would be ez number #1 spot

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Jul 4, 2019 3:04 PM

Sep 2008
tRoyaller said:
nina4life said:
This season so far is great. Really great.
9/10

Best anime ever though? Not even close.

I'd take Steins gate in terms of characters/plot/intrigue/dialogue over this one any time of the day.

The beginning of Steins is so tiring, It's a masterpiece history but not really the best ever anime for me :3

Oh, I've stopped watching S;G so many times before the half way mark so many times it's insane. First half is incredibly slow paced, I agree.

I was just using it as an example of an anime that (in my opinion) has better characters, better development and better story that's even bigger mindfuck than SnK is.

If I had to pick one anime that I think is great start to finish, keeps consistent tone and does everything right, it'd be Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.
Jul 4, 2019 5:26 PM

Mar 2015
If SNK (Shingeki no Kyojin) is calculated as a fully adapted series, it is certain that SNK will become the Top # 1 in MAL. Based on the MAL score system

formula :
Weighted Rank (WR) = (v / (v + m)) * S + (m / (v + m)) * C
S = Average score for the Anime (mean).
v = Number of votes for the Anime = (Number of people scoring the Anime).
m = Minimum votes/scores required to get a calculated score (currently 50 scores required).
C = The mean score across the entire Anime DB.

So
1. The MAL score system calculates the number of people who give votes to an anime (v)
2. Only scores where a user has completed at least 1/5 of the anime/manga are calculated.
3. What counts is not the average votes per episode, but the last votes (till the last episode they watched).

More details:

Number of voters :
FMAB = 891,760
SNK = 1,105,343
SNK 2 = 495,470
SNK 3 = 223,351
SNK 3p2 = 108,706 (till now)
At a minimum, SNK has 1,105,343 voters (if S2-S3p2 voters don't count) more than FMAB.

2. Total episodes for SNK = 59 (S1-S3p2)
1/5 episodes = 11.8 (12 episodes)
This means that those who watch SNK season 1 (until episode 12) are included in the score calculation.

3. If someone gives season 1 = 7, season 2 = 6, season 3 = 5, season 3p2 = 10, which will be used is 10 (not the average score of the four seasons).

Now, FMAB has the advantage of having more voters than SNK 3 part 2, and other anime.
But if SNK is considered a full episode, FMAB will drop its position . Replaced by SNK because of that MAL formula.
Jul 4, 2019 6:21 PM

Jan 2015
These sad creatures panicking that a series they don't like threatens the well being of their favorite anime being ranked lower
Jul 4, 2019 9:51 PM

May 2016
Zoroft said:
SheevPalpatine said:

Okabe is not a basic chuunibyou. He created Hououin Kyouma's persona to cheer Mayuri up, after her

Can you not read or what?
Zoroft said:

"Hyouin" Rintarou is just a superficial projection of what a nerd is which I guess is intended by the person himself.

SheevPalpatine said:

He argues no matter what you say, and he is delusional all the way to the bone.

How is this different your typical shonen mc? Being overly self-righteous with delusions of grandeur is every shonen mc.
SheevPalpatine said:
Okabe is a waaaaaay mooooreeee than you think, you just simply doesn't understand its character. It's okay, Steins;Gate is hard to follow, it is not for everybody.

lmao is this a fucking joke? Imagine getting pretentious about fucking stein's gate where they literally spoonfeed you everything and the characters basic as fuck. Higurashi>>>>>stein's gate because unlike stein's gate it actually gets deep into complex character psychology.
SheevPalpatine said:
It is a deeper show than SnK, I wouldn't recommend it to typical SnK fanboys.

That's rich coming from an insecure Stein's gate fanboy who can't stand that SnK pulled ahead of his show. But do elaborate what's so deep about Stein's Gate I'd love to hear it.

Are you a troll or something? I've explained many sides of Okabe, yet it seems to me that you didn't even read it, you didn't mind qouting them, you only picked some of my sentences without any context. I'm sure if I explain why Steins;Gate is deep, you would do the same: pick up some of my sentences woithout context to prove I am wrong, while you can't have real point on the other, bigger part of my answer. Why do I even bother with the answer?
-
Jul 4, 2019 11:44 PM
May 2019
SheevPalpatine said:
yet it seems to me that you didn't even read it

You clearly didn't read my post. You said was that Okabe was chuu2 for the sake of Mayuri which is something I already addressed in my post "which I guess is intended by the person himself." Then you quoted Daru saying "He argues no matter what you say, and he is delusional all the way to the bone." which I responded to by asking "How is this different your typical shonen mc? Being overly self-righteous with delusions of grandeur is every shonen mc."

How did I not address your points again? How was any of this out of context? Don't throw out lame accusations just because you can't defend your points.
Jul 5, 2019 3:14 PM
Aug 2015
As a guy who already watched Steins;Gate and FMAB.

AOT totally deserve this spot.
Jul 5, 2019 5:19 PM

Feb 2015
The recent seasons deserve a higher score but if they were altogether, it would be lower than where S3 is at. Alot higher than Season 1 but alot lower than Season 3. It'd probably be 8.9 or 9.0 when it's finished.

It's not like FMAB isn't in some sense or form a sequelitis to FMA who didn't really get hyped until youtubers shilled all over it. Not to mention, alot of hype formed after its completion just like HXH.
Same will happen to AoT when it completes. AoT's popularity would still suffer from it not being all in one season but the current season's rating is still inflated af.
An island from a dream within a dream? I could never pass up a great adventure like this!
Jul 5, 2019 5:21 PM

Oct 2013
SenorPink said:
The recent seasons deserve a higher score but if they were altogether, it would be lower than where S3 is at. Alot higher than Season 1 but alot lower than Season 3. It'd probably be 8.9 or 9.0 when it's finished.

It's not like FMAB isn't in some sense or form a sequelitis to FMA who didn't really get hyped until youtubers shilled all over it. Not to mention, alot of hype formed after its completion just like HXH.
Same will happen to AoT when it completes. AoT's popularity would still suffer from it not being all in one season but the current season's rating is still inflated af.

See part 2 of my thread. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1790314 inflation is minimal at best.
Jul 5, 2019 5:52 PM

Feb 2015
keragamming said:
SenorPink said:

See part 2 of my thread. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1790314 inflation is minimal at best.
I already looked at it and it doesn't disprove anything about how the scores are inflated more by people who like the series. The only argument you make is that the proportion of people who dislike or hate it(only counting 1-4) is insignificant.
Someone already replied noting that you didn't account for any of the other numbers and only count scores 1-4.

If you look at season 3, you can clearly see that over 50% of people voted a 10 for season 3 while Season 1 barely has a 9 in its 50th Percentile. Season 1 barely has 26% of people voting it a 10.

An island from a dream within a dream? I could never pass up a great adventure like this!
Jul 5, 2019 6:24 PM

Oct 2013
SenorPink said:
keragamming said:

I already looked at it and it doesn't disprove anything about how the scores are inflated more by people who like the series. The only argument you make is that the proportion of people who dislike or hate it(only counting 1-4) is insignificant.
Someone already replied noting that you didn't account for any of the other numbers and only count scores 1-4.

If you look at season 3, you can clearly see that over 50% of people voted a 10 for season 3 while Season 1 barely has a 9 in its 50th Percentile. Season 1 barely has 26% of people voting it a 10.

ok let us use 1-6 then, still the percentage is small, also I use the 1-4 because the argument is that those folks would most likely drop the series from season 1.

Season 3 part 2 is getting a higher percentage of 10/10 votes because more people percentage wise is loving it.

You want me to show you the proof?

Compare season 3 part 1 for example overall vote which is over 220k compare to season 3 part 2 vote which is a little over 100k, but yet season 3 part 2 has over 60k 10/10 votes compare to season 3 part 1 49k votes.

Also snk season 3 part 2 has 7500k favorites compare to season 3 part 1 4500k favorite, also season 2 which has over 800k overall vote has only 9500k favorite.

Do you see the pattern here? Season 3 part 2 is doing better overall in everything even though the prequel has a lot more members, what does that tell you then? That overall persons find this season as the best.

Jul 9, 2019 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Season 3 part 2 was fantastic. But season 4 will be just phenomenal. Just fucking phenomenal. I havent seen FMAB, but the writing in AoT is something else and Ive read alot of good shit and watched alot of good movies.
Jul 9, 2019 1:23 PM
Feb 2019
Well, I think that if it would be only for the sequel effect, this (half) season would be around 8.7, but it's actually 9.18, that proves that it isn't just a question of fanbase bias; furthermore, as it was pointed out above, the number of favorites is a better way of looking for a sequel effect, and this one clearly breaks that pattern.
Jul 9, 2019 10:40 PM
Aug 2018
Why aren't the first 25 episodes of FMAB considered masterpiece?
Also if Hunter x Hunter (2011) was adapted into parts, the season containing the chimera ant arc would be rated #1
Jul 9, 2019 11:34 PM

Jan 2019
shanimebib said:
People should really compare apples with oranges, right? Gintama is far superior compared to FMA:B for it showed longevity. SnK with the similar number of chapters/episodes is easier for comparison with FMA:B.

Gintama should be really compared with long running shounen series. By long running, I mean over 99 episodes. Bleach, Naruto, DBZ, FT all fall flat in comparison to Gintama.

FMA:B was actually pretty consistent and I came to love it because of that. Like it has been pointed out, SnK S2 was pretty average for me and hence I dropped it (although I loved S1). If HxH had a split cours, I might have dropped it as well. HxH (2011) fans will never admit it but a huge part of the series is pretty boring. The whole Greed Island has been a 7/10 material. The first half of the Chimera ant arc was also 7/10 material. The final election arc was pretty okayish too. If it weren't for the spider arc or the latter parts of the chimera ant arc, this would be rated much lower. Good luck HxH (2011) fans to ever see a sequel. I hope when it gets one, the one who picks it up is MadJC Staff.

Also, the reason HxH (2011) is rated so high is because MAL is full of angry kids. Take me for an example, lol!

Man, you guys just should take a screenshot at as it sits at 9.23. You may not ever get higher because as I type, accounts are being made! So hurry!

Hxh chimera ant arc was a pretty bad pacing arc and shounen childishness was get into it on some scene, so they almost killed the enjoyment for me. Fortunately there were some characters to save the day. :) Earlier i dropped the series because i started to watch that arc accidentaly.

And yeah SnK's Best rating ever on this Site. Not realy care about it, own enjoyment is the most important (10/10), not the critics and downscores. If an anime get high scores but 1 episode looks like 1 hour to you it's not for you(some episodes of OPMS2, Black Butler ). On the otherside if an anime get low scores but 1 episode looks like 10 mintues to you then it's the anime of your life, enjoy it! ;)

What gives me headache is the degrading, disrespectful comments without any good reason mentioned. So when there are no answers why someone thinks and says the actual anime/manga is a garbage or mediocre or shithole etc...
Merciful lies or painful truth?
Jul 13, 2019 12:44 AM

Feb 2014
keragamming said:

Season 1 stats
0.8% (9356 votes)
0.3% (3709 votes)
0.2% (2095 votes)
0.3% (3096 votes)

1.2% (9356 votes)
0.4% (3709 votes)
0.3% (2095 votes)
1.1% (3096 votes)

This is actually a solid argument. It’s not so much that only fans are watching the S3P2 and rating it higher, but everyone in general is rating the season higher. More people loved it in general. Even with the season 1 low scorers, the overall score would probably still be over 9.05. And I’m sure if it was one continuous season like FMA:B, it’d still be at this score because it would have ended strong like FMA:B.
Jul 13, 2019 3:13 PM
Aug 2014
The rating is definitely pushed by just being a sequel, same with all the Gintama seasons and esp Code Geass S2. But there really isnt an easy solution to that, either you nerf sequels , rank them separately or rank shows by franchise.
Jul 13, 2019 3:20 PM

Oct 2013
CantfindUsername said:
The rating is definitely pushed by just being a sequel, same with all the Gintama seasons and esp Code Geass S2. But there really isnt an easy solution to that, either you nerf sequels , rank them separately or rank shows by franchise.

nerf sequels? snk season 1 8.48, snk season 2 8.43, snk season 3 8.48, snk season 3 part 2 9.17.

As you can see the previous sequels weren't getting that push you speak of, so it would be unfair to nerf them, I don't agree with the other options as well.

btw they already are rank separately.
Jul 13, 2019 11:22 PM
Nov 2018
Lol, people here talking like top spot doesn't matter.. and that's because most of them's favs aren't anywhere near top 1-3 or salty bcuz their favs rank went down below Snk series. Even proving them with statistics won't convince that biased old fan boys from MAL and only encourage them to downvote Snk with their alts. Now, even this reddit's list seems more superior than MAL'

Yasuhiro-Jul 14, 2019 1:00 PM

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Jul 21, 2019 2:15 AM

Jun 2019
I finally decided to watch this series and I did during the past two months from season 1.

I actually wonder what was so different from S3 part 1 and S3 part 2. For example, I found that there was more suspense in the first part, and the fights between humans and the political troubles were quite interesting to see. On the other hand, part 2 was much more predictable and in a sense more similar to season 2. Finally, the revelations of the outside world were a little bit long and boring in my opinion. In the end, judging by the entire series, I do not see a rationale for this difference of grades.

I should also add that I witnessed some inconsistencies in the art in S3P2. They restarted to draw heavy character outlines (when Eren huggs Armin for example) and Mikasa looked sometimes quite "ugly" (did not look like the previous self of her), in particular in the episodes near the prison period at the end (compare with S1 when she had long hair...). Therefore, the art at least does not seem to have improved much since the first season, but there might be a more scientific way to estimate the validity of this assertion.

Jul 22, 2019 2:32 AM
Jul 2018
Meusnier said:
I finally decided to watch this series and I did during the past two months from season 1.

I actually wonder what was so different from S3 part 1 and S3 part 2. For example, I found that there was more suspense in the first part, and the fights between humans and the political troubles were quite interesting to see. On the other hand, part 2 was much more predictable and in a sense more similar to season 2. Finally, the revelations of the outside world were a little bit long and boring in my opinion. In the end, judging by the entire series, I do not see a rationale for this difference of grades.

I should also add that I witnessed some inconsistencies in the art in S3P2. They restarted to draw heavy character outlines (when Eren huggs Armin for example) and Mikasa looked sometimes quite "ugly" (did not look like the previous self of her), in particular in the episodes near the prison period at the end (compare with S1 when she had long hair...). Therefore, the art at least does not seem to have improved much since the first season, but there might be a more scientific way to estimate the validity of this assertion.

then its just not your type of show. Nothing about the revelations were "long and boring". In fact it was only one episode really. Also, nothing is predictable in this series. If you havent read a good amount of mystery in your life, you wont be able to appreciate Attack on Titan and youll call it "predictable".
Jul 22, 2019 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
Longing4Abyss said:
FMAB is trash and Steins;Gate being so highly ranked proves there's rampant autism in this site.

If adapted properly, AoT S4 will go down as the greatest anime ever made.
The quality of the story post basement is phenomenal.
Jul 22, 2019 9:23 AM

Oct 2013
Meusnier said:

The art style had change since season 3 part 1 to suit the manga art style more. The reason why the score is so different is because this season literally answer most questions from the previous season and tie all the loose strings together.
Jul 22, 2019 9:55 AM

Jun 2019
ABDoesThings said:
Meusnier said:

then its just not your type of show. Nothing about the revelations were "long and boring". In fact it was only one episode really. Also, nothing is predictable in this series. If you havent read a good amount of mystery in your life, you wont be able to appreciate Attack on Titan and youll call it "predictable".

I am not certain what you mean about "not your kind of show", I was actually very interested to see what was in the cellar, and there are many things that I enjoyed about this show, but I was just considering a global perspective on the quality of it. I guess that you mean in the last sentence "if you have read a good amount of mystery" or I do not understand. Maybe I should have been more specific
I do not think that you provide real evidence showing how superior S3P2 was compared to the rest.

keragamming said:
The art style had change since season 3 part 1 to suit the manga art style more. The reason why the score is so different is because this season literally answer most questions from the previous season and tie all the loose strings together.

Thank you for the information about the art.

Regarding your second sentence, this is probably the main explanation, but viewers may also find this quite disappointing; once everything is known the titans do not look very scaring, and even the advanced society, as it is reasonably known to Eren, kind of loses of its mystery.
MeusnierJul 22, 2019 10:06 AM
Jul 30, 2019 5:23 AM

Oct 2015
You cant just magically make AoT a single run or FMAB split seasons and think they're still gonna be the same shows though. FMAB would probably look even better than it already did, adapt the whole manga and not skip/change stuff in a season format and AoT is not going to look nearly as nice as it does if it aired in a single run. Also it will be incredibly difficult for AoT to match the ending of FMAB which is pretty much perfection.

Not hating on AoT, im a big fan of both the anime and manga. (Couldnt disagree more with anyone saying the manga's not as good or has bad art BTW, absolute nonsense)
Jul 30, 2019 6:55 AM

Oct 2013
XquisiteWig said:
You cant just magically make AoT a single run or FMAB split seasons and think they're still gonna be the same shows though. FMAB would probably look even better than it already did, adapt the whole manga and not skip/change stuff in a season format and AoT is not going to look nearly as nice as it does if it aired in a single run. Also it will be incredibly difficult for AoT to match the ending of FMAB which is pretty much perfection.

Not hating on AoT, im a big fan of both the anime and manga. (Couldnt disagree more with anyone saying the manga's not as good or has bad art BTW, absolute nonsense)

I'm talking in theory if it stay at the same quality plus the pacing would be a lot tighter and fmab ending wasn't anything special, it was a great ending, but it was simple a happy ending.

Code geass ending was a lot more ambitious.

Snk is definitely going the bitter ending route, and we already got the last panel as well to have a idea.

Jul 30, 2019 7:48 AM

Jul 2013
Oh god are we getting fanboys hurt again over some irrelevant internet ranking? Last time I saw this, Kimi no Nawa was still on top lol.
Jul 30, 2019 1:04 PM

Oct 2013
Tohsaka_Rukia said:
Oh god are we getting fanboys hurt again over some irrelevant internet ranking? Last time I saw this, Kimi no Nawa was still on top lol.

Such a random comment, snk was number 2 before it even had ended. This was all about snk possible getting the number 1 spot from fmab and how I believe it would earn.

Mate I haven't even watched Kimi no Nawa, much less care about it.
Jul 31, 2019 2:04 AM

Jul 2013
keragamming said:
Tohsaka_Rukia said:

Such a random comment, snk was number 2 before it even had ended. This was all about snk possible getting the number 1 spot from fmab and how I believe it would earn.

I'm talking about FMA:B fanboys though. This ain't the first time it happened that a new anime was about to snatch the #1 spot luv.
Jul 31, 2019 5:00 AM

Oct 2013
Tohsaka_Rukia said:
keragamming said:

I'm talking about FMA:B fanboys though. This ain't the first time it happened that a new anime was about to snatch the #1 spot luv.

Sorry, I misunderstood your comment.
Jul 31, 2019 8:35 AM

Dec 2018
A good explanation for me would be that people who dont like snk already dropped it during the first season thus making only interested people continue watching the other seasons and rating it so obviously the score would be higher,this added with the fact that this season probably was the best one yet, it left such a huge impact on everyone.
Jul 31, 2019 8:56 AM

Oct 2013
imagodlikeBeerus said:
A good explanation for me would be that people who dont like snk already dropped it during the first season thus making only interested people continue watching the other seasons and rating it so obviously the score would be higher,this added with the fact that this season probably was the best one yet, it left such a huge impact on everyone.

I made a argument on this already. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1790314&show=0

Also the sequel effect didn't seem to be working for season 2 and season 3.

this added with the fact that this season probably was the best one yet, it left such a huge impact on everyone.

This part makes a lot more sense, persons generally liked this season more.

Aug 2, 2019 7:25 AM
Aug 2016
keragamming said:
imagodlikeBeerus said:

I made a argument on this already. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1790314&show=0

this added with the fact that this season probably was the best one yet, it left such a huge impact on everyone.

@keragamming you got what you wanted. It's no. 1 right now (although it might be a glitch). The score of FMAB has dropped to 9.10 and SNK S3P2 stands at the top with a score of 9.16. Let's enjoy the moment while it lasts!
Aug 2, 2019 7:32 AM

Feb 2018
Koustubh said:
keragamming said:

@keragamming you got what you wanted. It's no. 1 right now (although it might be a glitch). The score of FMAB has dropped to 9.10 and SNK S3P2 stands at the top with a score of 9.16. Let's enjoy the moment while it lasts!

Which is kinda a bad thing because the spam 1/10 has already started. It was around 1k today morning and now its like 1.15k
Aug 2, 2019 7:34 AM

Oct 2013
Koustubh said:
keragamming said:

Good on a temporary basis but bad in the long term basis because of people downvoting it as we speak.
Aug 2, 2019 7:43 AM

Jul 2015
FMAB fans are going crazy lmao

people who are creating alts only to downvote series they don't like are truly pathetic
Aug 2, 2019 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
fuck off, no one cares about this stupid score shit. at least no one that matters. go back be manchildren on reddit or something. fucks sake two bands of manchildren going at each other. go find something productive to do like a good bridge to practice bungee jumping or review the taste of bleach. both aot fanbois and fmab retards are the same pile of shit when it comes to be moronic on this topic. this site is called MYanimelist, stop caring about what others think of what you like for fucks sake.

that's why this community sucks, its filled with dead brained retards who hail from the autistic centers like reddit or 4chan. go back to those boards and don't come back please.

no one will miss you.

no one that actually matters.

have a pleasant day with your idiocy
Aug 2, 2019 9:01 AM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
Recycled_Content said:
fuck off, no one cares about this stupid score shit. at least no one that matters. go back be manchildren on reddit or something. fucks sake two bands of manchildren going at each other. go find something productive to do like a good bridge to practice bungee jumping or review the taste of bleach. both aot fanbois and fmab retards are the same pile of shit when it comes to be moronic on this topic. this site is called MYanimelist, stop caring about what others think of what you like for fucks sake.

that's why this community sucks, its filled with dead brained retards who hail from the autistic centers like reddit or 4chan. go back to those boards and don't come back please.

no one will miss you.

no one that actually matters.

have a pleasant day with your idiocy

And no one cares about your Bullshit
true ?
Aug 2, 2019 9:08 AM

Sep 2016
I don't really care, but i doubt SNK will stay in the first position. If you look the activity of SNK and FMAB in the latest hour you can see a plenty amount of "new" accounts low rating SNK and high rating FMAB.

I mean yeah people want their fave anime in fisrt position but creating fake accounts is ridiculous lmao.
Aug 2, 2019 9:10 AM

Apr 2018
FMAB stans are salty AF right now lmao, that's sad

Aug 2, 2019 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
@W8And, you're entitled to think what you want of me, but it doesn't change that getting so worked up over some meaningless score on some website is in any way, shape or form worth the time of the day to care about.

very nice of you to dismiss what i said as bullshit tho, care to tell me what is so bullshit ? otherwise it sounds like you're just mad you got called out. was it the 4chan part that triggered you ? /a/ fits you just fine. anyways i still hope find something more productive with your time besides getting mad over my comments. don't like ? just ignore then. i didn't post hoping for replies, i'm not some small brained troll that gets off trolling people like some users here.

every fucking time this happens its the same shit over and over. both fans are shitheads for getting so mad about this. i can't have peace scrolling throught the forums like this.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.