Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 3, 2019 5:15 PM

Oct 2017
I mean the game was already a controversy back in 2006 , so imagine today with all the media outcry some games are getting because of sensitive topics.
The game's plot alone would led some sensitive folk to blow their heads off.

Imagine with today's graphics a game with sexual harassment, the possibility of invading the girls dorm and take pictures or go out on halloween pranks with your pal dressed as a nazi.
This game would fall under media scrunity even before release. And I would be glad to buy it.

What do you think about a Bully 2?
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Jun 3, 2019 5:20 PM

Jan 2017
the world can't even handle a hand symbol anymore. what do you think
Jun 3, 2019 5:49 PM

Jun 2017
If rockstar will listen to idiot asshats then yes,but if they did that then they wouldnt have made Bully or GTA in the first place.so it can get made. whether they want to bother though is another story.
Jun 3, 2019 6:31 PM

Dec 2017
This game would fall under media scrunity even before release.

Pfft. R* games are pretty controversial in general. GTA V torture scene, "violent games causing kids to become violent", misogyny, etc.

tbh the fanbase of R* wouldn't give a shit about the controversy because the game is fun and good. They aren't as easily triggered as some "game journalists".

But with recent decisions regarding online and how much money R* is making from it, I don't know if I have a lot of hope for SP games. "'Recurrent consumer spending’ is the way of the future" -Take2 CEO
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Jun 5, 2019 2:22 AM

Oct 2009
yerr too many SJW's. Cucks & simps in this world at the moment.
Jun 5, 2019 3:02 AM

May 2018
If game developers weren't idiots and listened to ACTUAL gamers, and not political activists or twitter clowns, they'd know that they want these type of games.
Jun 5, 2019 8:00 AM

May 2015
This is really weird because I just 100% Bully over the past 2 days, and after replaying it for the second time it made me wonder what Rockstar could do in the sequel that they haven't in the original.
You're always going to have people that are offended by anything and everything, I don't think the world as a whole is 'too sensitive', but those that don't even play video games are the ones to get upset.
The controversy was about glorifying bullying right? Well you can tell who has and hasn't played it, because the whole story of the game is about stopping the bullies and bringing the school together. So, I think there probably would be a controversy surrounding Bully 2 and much like the original it would be blown out of proportion, but probably not as severe as the original as Rockstar have done it before. Unless they suddenly add the ability to kill school kids and steal cars then I don't know what they could do to make it more controversial than the original.
GodLikesMudkipsJun 5, 2019 8:32 AM
Jun 5, 2019 8:24 AM

Nov 2008
The backlash wouldn't be as bad for Bully 2.

Jun 5, 2019 9:45 AM

Aug 2018
Shortly before Red Dead Redemption 2 came out, Rockstar announced how they were entering crunch time to put their finishing touch on the game. There was controversy around this as people online complained about how abusive the workforce is in the video game industry. Red Dead Redemption 2 proceeded to sell 15 million copies within a week. The controversy and boycott had very little impact on the game's overall sale numbers.

Honestly, I don't see why you or anyone else should care if the world is "too sensitive" for Bully 2 being made because the people who would be upset by this are not the target audience anyway, and Rockstar knows this.

Rockstar have been controversial for well over a decade and have consistently curated games that involve the characters being grotesque human beings. Why would they start trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator for people who don't buy their games anyway when they could have done that 15 years ago?

Similar reasoning on why FromSoftware did not implement an easy mode for Sekiro despite the public backlash. They're not trying to appeal to every audience, just those who prefer a challenge. Sekiro has went on to be the developers' fastest selling title.

There's no point in changing anything because it will still sell well regardless.
Jun 5, 2019 6:55 PM

Jul 2017
I don't think it's ever unacceptable to play a game, if it looks interesting you should give it a shot. so game dev's should just make what they think people will find interesting
Jun 5, 2019 10:29 PM

Jul 2009
I'd be inclined to agree if Bully was made by some run-of-the-mill company, but this is Rockstar we're talking about. The GTA games have always stayed true to their roots despite being regularly accused by the media of promoting violence, gangbanging, and countless other vices, so I don't see why Rockstar would chicken out on releasing a sequel to Bully. If anything, it's probably because the series isn't as much of a cash cow as GTA and RDR.
Jun 6, 2019 12:55 PM
Feb 2016
Rockstar games sell like hotcakes usually. Any controversy on their part is par for the course.

Jun 9, 2019 1:24 AM

Jun 2016
In all honesty they should really have never used that title to begin with, since you were really fighting against the bullies, it was basically the American equivalent of a Japanese school game.

But no, with the title, Rockstar's reputation and everyone ready to kneejerk at a pin drop, it's not going to happen.
Jun 13, 2019 2:19 PM

Oct 2017
GodLikesMudkips said:
This is really weird because I just 100% Bully over the past 2 days, and after replaying it for the second time it made me wonder what Rockstar could do in the sequel that they haven't in the original.
You're always going to have people that are offended by anything and everything, I don't think the world as a whole is 'too sensitive', but those that don't even play video games are the ones to get upset.
The controversy was about glorifying bullying right? Well you can tell who has and hasn't played it, because the whole story of the game is about stopping the bullies and bringing the school together. So, I think there probably would be a controversy surrounding Bully 2 and much like the original it would be blown out of proportion, but probably not as severe as the original as Rockstar have done it before. Unless they suddenly add the ability to kill school kids and steal cars then I don't know what they could do to make it more controversial than the original.

Vorpality said:
In all honesty they should really have never used that title to begin with, since you were really fighting against the bullies, it was basically the American equivalent of a Japanese school game.

But no, with the title, Rockstar's reputation and everyone ready to kneejerk at a pin drop, it's not going to happen.
IK about the story context but we cannot ignore the genius dark comedy present in this game (actually every Rockstar's game), that's why regardless of the context, today there'll always be thousands of online soyboys, blog mavericks and game reviewers crying about that one mission with a nazi reference or that one mission disregarding women and encouraging children to take pictures of naked women.
Fate_Saber88Jun 13, 2019 4:16 PM
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Jun 13, 2019 2:29 PM

Feb 2016
honestly with all the school shootings happening I don't think it would be a good time to release a game about bullying.
would love a bully 2
i like what @skittles had to say "it's probably because the series isn't as much of a cash cow as GTA and RDR"
they'd really have to add some sort of multiplayer/cosmetic system for it to even be considered
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jun 17, 2019 12:22 AM
Jul 2018
Both my parents are high school principals so I get free Bully chapters every day almost
Jun 17, 2019 5:29 AM

Jul 2016
As long as Rockstar sees potential for money, then we get the game.
Jul 3, 2019 8:05 PM

Jun 2017
Well, it's not like Bully doesn't exist anymore and people never whined about edgy games. Like, there would be much more outrage if the protagonist would be female. But yeah, nobody protested South Park Fractured But Whole. And nobody is protesting against Bully either. The idea that individual complainers would lead to global protest is quite ridiculous. People are more offended by the idea of being offended.
Jul 4, 2019 6:11 AM

Nov 2016
The people not protesting far outweigh the number of people who do.

Games are fictional entertainment, and Rockstar has been a bit of a pioneer in that department because they're willing to break boundaries.

Developers who cave into social pressure.. I'll buy your games in the discount used section at GameStop.
Jul 20, 2019 12:04 AM

Jun 2008
So Bully 2 can't be made because the ones making it will be bullied.

Oh! the irony.

SpamuraiSensei said:
The people not protesting far outweigh the number of people who do.

Games are fictional entertainment, and Rockstar has been a bit of a pioneer in that department because they're willing to break boundaries.

Developers who cave into social pressure.. I'll buy your games in the discount used section at GameStop.

People not protesting don't make noise though so that is why we are in this situation.
Jul 31, 2019 12:19 AM

Sep 2015
Bully 2 would be awesome, though i think id rather a Manhunt 3.
Aug 18, 2019 7:29 AM

Oct 2012
I really doubt bully 2 would be all that controversial, god damn u guys are so paranoid. I've yet to ever in my life see anyone get as offended by bully as half the people in this thread are about the mere idea that somebody might get offended at this non existent game.

Ot I want a bully 2 so bad ugh
Aug 19, 2019 5:06 PM

Jul 2007
simonephone said:
I really doubt bully 2 would be all that controversial, god damn u guys are so paranoid. I've yet to ever in my life see anyone get as offended by bully as half the people in this thread are about the mere idea that somebody might get offended at this non existent game.

Ot I want a bully 2 so bad ugh

They are paranoid that the sjw boogieman will give them a swirly steal their lunch money.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 19, 2019 7:20 PM

Jan 2011
Rockstar uses controversy to sell their games, you dinks.
Aug 19, 2019 9:28 PM
Jul 2018
In that Bully 2 game, can you kill kids, fuck prostitutes, and blow up toilets like in Fallout 2?!
Aug 19, 2019 11:46 PM

Feb 2019
BallistikJuice said:
In that Bully 2 game, can you kill kids, fuck prostitutes, and blow up toilets like in Fallout 2?!

And save your tribe by finding an environmental device and blow up an oil rig?
Aug 19, 2019 11:47 PM

Nov 2011
The controversy is free marketing.

Aug 30, 2019 9:01 AM

Jul 2016
There is a strong evidence that Bully II is the next Rockstar game, at least according to one credible Rockstar insider who leaked quite a few Rockstar-related thing before. We know that the game was at one point in development (around 2008-2009) but was cancelled and the teams were relocated to other games. The current Bully II is likely vastly different from the previous version that was worked on 10 or so years ago.

I think Bully II will be a period piece, possibly something from the 80s or 90s which may be a lot safer option than setting the game in current times. The first game had a very retro feel to it and the time period was ambiguous (many things indicated that the game is set in 70s or so, but there were also computers and modern technology), so I think the sequel will preserve that feel. I don't doubt that Rockstar will face some backlash for whatever reason, but then again they are no strangers to controversy and the game will sell like hotcakes, just like any Rockstar product to date.

Anyway, I would expect an announcement this fall, with fall 2020 release and the game being crossgen. I believe we will hear something about it very soon.
Aug 30, 2019 4:17 PM

Nov 2016
I don't think rockstar cares if it offends some people. They're whole thing since GTA3 was offending peeps.

More topics from this board

» How to play Sports Video Games?

TheSunLife - Apr 3

12 by Hitagi__Furude »»
34 minutes ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

3 by DesuMaiden »»
56 minutes ago

» Is 8 gb vram enough these days?

Cnon - Mar 5

19 by DesuMaiden »»
57 minutes ago

» What's your favorite video game that you've never actually beaten? ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Apr 15, 2022

51 by DesuMaiden »»
58 minutes ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

138 by Kajiuran »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.