Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 3, 2019 1:18 AM

Mar 2014
Give it up kids....the dream for AOT Season 3 Prt 2 to reach #1 spot is slowly fading.
It was nice to hope i guess
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 3, 2019 1:52 AM

Nov 2016
keragamming said:
It is a sequel series and thus is is not as impressive as fmab which is an entire series that everyone watch and it is still rated 9.24.

Also this topic is not talking about the quality, but instead talking about sequel vs fully adapted series and the advantages of both.

Let me spin that around and show you another perspective, I think that fmab being fully adapted is what made it 9.24, don't get me wrong, not any series can accomplish this task, but the point I am making is that if fmab was split into seasons like snk, it probably would not be rated close to that 9.24 rating. Unless you are telling me if you break apart fmab into seasons each seasons would individually be rated 9.24, which is far from the case, they would probably be rated in the 8 region, maybe the finale would be rated 9.24 though with the sequel effect.

Now if snk was a full adaptation like fmab, I could argue that it would probably get the same treatment fmab is getting, the first 25 episodes of fmab is far from a masterpiece, but because it is completed people had more episode to watch to see its full potential, the same could happen to snk once persons would reach this arc.

This is all hypothetically of course, but I am just pointing out there is advantages of being a fully adapted series over sequel series, if you think about it, perhaps they both even them self out, another example Gintama, people complain about it's sequels and how all of them are rated highly, but imagine if Gintama was a fully adapted series like fmab? Who knows it probably would have been number 1 right now if that was the case.

Imagine if hxh 2011 would be split into seasons as well? Argument is a series having all it's episode in one package can be seen as a advantage over a series being split apart, as I said they probably even them self out with the sequel effect.

I'm not the biggest fan of neither franchise but FMAB 9.24 score was sampled from 800000 people whereas AoT 9.21 was from just 100000 and still going down. It's clear which one of the two is the more impressive one.

Also your theory is good and all but what about the opposite effect? You arguing that the best part of fma have had a positive effect on the lesser ones but let's not forget that those weaker points can also bring down the better part. Good examples of that are hunter x hunter and monster, I have seen a lot of people saying that the final arc of monster was awesome but they can't give a higher score to the show because of how slow the first 20 eps are same for hunter x hunter. I believe that if the chimera ant arc and the final arc of monster were stand alone seasons they would have had higher scores than their overall shows do right now. You mention gintama but I can do the same thing there too I'm watching the first season right now I like it a lot but I can't wait to get to the other seasons because of how slow and unnecessary some of the eps in this season especially the earlier ones are, right now I can definitely say if all the seasons of gintama were one full show this first season would have bring down the rest for me. And just from that I also can easily put on the table the argument that if FMAB 2 final arcs were stand alone seasons they might have exceeded the 9.24 of the overall shows and that's not even taking the sequel effect into account.

And actually let me ask you this, do you really think this season of AoT would've had such a high score if it hadn't been spilt in 2 part?
Jul 3, 2019 4:04 AM

Feb 2018
Pragyan1 said:

Lol, 50 minutes? The whole revolution and lore was summed up in one episode the next episode was just owl persuading Grisha to complete his mission.

PATHS, The founding titan, the war-renouncing vow, the state of Marley-Eldia conflict was a part of the next episode.

The first episode covered the geography of the world and the state of racism along with some tidbits about the titans.

Pragyan1 said:

A "normal" person wouldn't shout "pervert" when trying to take down the armored titan. Sasha's backstory was basically, "she eats a lot and thus gets scolded for it". We don't know shit about Connie and he's just an expendable character.

There was an inconsistency, they were trying to distract the colossal titan.
Jul 3, 2019 4:10 AM

Feb 2017
keragamming said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Imagine caring about MAL scores. AoT/SnK whatever you prefer calling it has been incredibly overrated for well over half a decade now. The score will probably even out to around an 8.5 over time just like the other seasons.

None of the previous seasons has ever touch 9, so I doubt it will turn out like the previous seasons, sorry to say.

Season 1 did manage to pass 9 around the end of the first cour.
Jul 3, 2019 4:12 AM

Feb 2018
ianpyrider said:
Bruh the only reason this is so high is because the only people still watching are dumb fucks that thought the first two seasons were masterpieces. Now that the show is actually doing some interesting stuff, yall think it's the greatest thing ever. Yeah, it's really good, but nowhere remotely close to the best, and it's frankly shameful that we as a community are pointing to this poorly paced edgefest of a show and telling new viewers this is the best the medium has to offer.

This also points out a key issue I've had with MAL for a while now: different ratings for different portions of a show. Works of art should be regarded as a whole, seeing as you can't watch things like AOT Season 3 Part 2 without slogging through a pile of garbage. Part of what makes television such an effective medium its ability to provide an extensive scope, where themes can permeate and characters develop through a longer time frame. Great moments in television are often only able to have such an extensive impact because they build on what has come before. None of these things are appreciated by saying "oh yeah the cherry on top of that piece of shit was absolutely delicious."

I like how you're talking shit about AoT being edgy while you're ironically being an edgelord who can't handle different opinions. "Oh my god how dare people like something I don't like, they are literal dumbfucks and I'll be giving it a 1". Are you what, 5 years old?
Jul 3, 2019 4:46 AM

Oct 2013
Tsarko said:
keragamming said:

None of the previous seasons has ever touch 9, so I doubt it will turn out like the previous seasons, sorry to say.

I don't remember that, I remember it peak at 8.96 and was in the top 5, there is even a YouTube video showing the top 15 anime since 2006 to present on YouTube.
Jul 3, 2019 4:54 AM

Oct 2013
JoyBoy_316 said:
keragamming said:
It is a sequel series and thus is is not as impressive as fmab which is an entire series that everyone watch and it is still rated 9.24.

Also this topic is not talking about the quality, but instead talking about sequel vs fully adapted series and the advantages of both.

Let me spin that around and show you another perspective, I think that fmab being fully adapted is what made it 9.24, don't get me wrong, not any series can accomplish this task, but the point I am making is that if fmab was split into seasons like snk, it probably would not be rated close to that 9.24 rating. Unless you are telling me if you break apart fmab into seasons each seasons would individually be rated 9.24, which is far from the case, they would probably be rated in the 8 region, maybe the finale would be rated 9.24 though with the sequel effect.

Now if snk was a full adaptation like fmab, I could argue that it would probably get the same treatment fmab is getting, the first 25 episodes of fmab is far from a masterpiece, but because it is completed people had more episode to watch to see its full potential, the same could happen to snk once persons would reach this arc.

This is all hypothetically of course, but I am just pointing out there is advantages of being a fully adapted series over sequel series, if you think about it, perhaps they both even them self out, another example Gintama, people complain about it's sequels and how all of them are rated highly, but imagine if Gintama was a fully adapted series like fmab? Who knows it probably would have been number 1 right now if that was the case.

Imagine if hxh 2011 would be split into seasons as well? Argument is a series having all it's episode in one package can be seen as a advantage over a series being split apart, as I said they probably even them self out with the sequel effect.

I'm not the biggest fan of neither franchise but FMAB 9.24 score was sampled from 800000 people whereas AoT 9.21 was from just 100000 and still going down. It's clear which one of the two is the more impressive one.

Also your theory is good and all but what about the opposite effect? You arguing that the best part of fma have had a positive effect on the lesser ones but let's not forget that those weaker points can also bring down the better part. Good examples of that are hunter x hunter and monster, I have seen a lot of people saying that the final arc of monster was awesome but they can't give a higher score to the show because of how slow the first 20 eps are same for hunter x hunter. I believe that if the chimera ant arc and the final arc of monster were stand alone seasons they would have had higher scores than their overall shows do right now. You mention gintama but I can do the same thing there too I'm watching the first season right now I like it a lot but I can't wait to get to the other seasons because of how slow and unnecessary some of the eps in this season especially the earlier ones are, right now I can definitely say if all the seasons of gintama were one full show this first season would have bring down the rest for me. And just from that I also can easily put on the table the argument that if FMAB 2 final arcs were stand alone seasons they might have exceeded the 9.24 of the overall shows and that's not even taking the sequel effect into account.

And actually let me ask you this, do you really think this season of AoT would've had such a high score if it hadn't been spilt in 2 part?

I never even expected this season to be so well received. Also the point of this thread was just to point out the flaws against the persons that were saying its the sequel effect that is why, the end.

I was just pointing out that its a lot more complex than that. Yes if it hadn't been split it might not have been this high or perhaps person would bump up their score once this arc was completed, who knows. The point of this thread was about full adaptation vs split cour though.

Jul 3, 2019 4:55 AM

Feb 2017
keragamming said:
Tsarko said:

I don't remember that, I remember it peak at 8.96 and was in the top 5, there is even a YouTube video showing the top 15 anime since 2006 to present on YouTube.

It did happen, but was shortlived. You can check it here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1240345
Jul 3, 2019 5:02 AM

Feb 2014
GhettoJaredo said:
I don't give a shit about MAL scores, it is about my own enjoyment not what other people think. That's why all these threads are so useless. the fact that fmab currently holds the number one spot on this site does not mean it is the greatest anime ever created.

I must to confess that when I see a high score (something over 7) I feel more confident about the quality of some series... but I won't watch or not watch just because it's over/underrated.

Summary: I kind of agree with you.
"Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket.
But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”

― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
Jul 3, 2019 5:14 AM
Jun 2019
ianpyrider said:
Laracroft01 said:

If FMAB and HxH were to be divided into 3 or 4 seasons with as much as gap as aot had between 1st and 2nd season their ratings would not be this high, but the arc which actually is good would have just like aot s3 part 2. Despite low points they are rated this high you say, that's what this thread's main point was, if FMAB had a season 1 with 20 to 25 episodes, where story just builds it would probably be rated somewhere between 8 and 9, its being a complete story with a satisfying ending compensated those low points and that's why it is rated that high, still there are people who prefer aot over fmab, would you call their opinion invalid because they feel that way. Further, if fmab was split into seasons and 1st and 2nd seasons had a a gap of like 4 years, you would never see it on top with same amount of popularity like its prequel had, this is literally the case with any anime whose sequel was released after a long gap, like steins gate, steins gate 0, just see how many members and ratings steins gate gathered, and how many steins gate zero, so saying only those who are fans of series are watching that's why no of ratings are so less then season 1 is pure ignorance, you are ignoring the time gap causing many people to even forget about it, and if you had gone through episodes discussion thread you would have found a good no of people saying they didn't like earlier seasons but this season made even previous seasons worthy, ofcourse you don't have to feel that way but there are people who like this season despite not liking previous ones, further the way you rate is literally dumb and disgusting , so if many people who think fmab is overrated and should be down on list, should start giving it a 1? You are really toxic. People blame aot fandom to be toxic, but there you are rating it 1 because you think opposite of what other 95% people who rated this season positively thinks. You can see many of the people who say aot is best have rated fmab a 10 I don't find this fandom toxic but you haters are much more toxic rating 1 any anime which is about to topple their favorites.

Um you seem to have missed the point I made in my first paragraph, so I'll say it again. Although many are of the opinion that the "low points" of shows like HxH are compensated by the high points, I, and, as I point out, many other people, are of the opposite opinion. For example, there are many parts of HxH that I find absolutely brilliant 10/10 but the story is slow and dull at other times, thus I have rated it a 9. On the other hand, I think people are crazy when they say FMAB has low points, boi I loved every second. Thus, it's a 10.

Also, blame the four year gap all you want, there were still 500,000 people on AOT Season 2. Most of the people I know stopped watching because they just didn't get any enjoyment out of it. Gap or no gap, you have to like a series to sit through 50 episodes of it. If anything, the gap decreased the number of users that would give it a low rating, with those people moving on while the fans stayed. Also, Steins;Gate Zero also had a stupid high rating at the start of its run, despite completely losing the magic of the original series. The hype train is real, and it seems clear only the truly dedicated are the ones that haven't gotten off.

I'm sorry you don't like that I rated AOT a 1, I have never accused the AOT community of being toxic, though yall in this thread attacking me doesn't really help your case. I'll say it again, I don't think this show represents what this medium is capable of, and think it's a shame that people whose tastes don't fit AOT (especially, mind you, people who have consumed lots of non-anime media and are more familiar with the more tired troupes and melodrama AOT employs) could potentially be turned off from the community entirely because of it. Therefore, I believe it should not be at the top, I'm not really sure why that makes me toxic. Sarcasm and humor doesn't really convey as well in text form, so let's make it clear that I don't actually think you're a dumb fuck if you're still watching AOT. After all, I'm still here.

You are too ignorant to acknowledge the effect of a huge time gap in popularity of a series reflected by MyAnimeList, but perhaps stats may help you.
Snk S1 has been rated by 1105343 peoples, out of which 79.4% which is 899175 people have rated it 8 and above, now check the stats of S2 it had a total members count which is less than those who have rated it 8 and above, you say people did not enjoyed it did not stick to it and but I think those who rate a series 8 and above should have enjoyed it ,but why S2 has a total member count(which includes haters) still less than those who have thoroughly enjoyed S1(899175 people ) see I even ignored 7 ratings considering 7 is given by those who considered series average, but 8 is given when they certainly enjoyed the series. Why no of people on MAL decreased ? And if only fans stick to the series why S2 is rated below than S1 and S3 part 1 is rated equal to S1, why only S3 part 2 has this high score, why the only fans stick after a time gap effect is reflected in this season?
I will give you example of steins gate too. Steins gate has 340110 people who rated it 10, but total member count of steins gate zero is 375405, difference is not that big right? So would you say those who rated it 10 only watched Steins gate zero? That will be too dumb to think. People definitely does not remain active on this site all the time, all the years to add their anime on their list thereby increasing its popularity and ratings l.
So a decrease in total no of ratings a series sequel on MAL does not reflect in any way that only fans are watching. Also didn't I tell you I have seen a good no of posts on episode discussion threads who said they did not liked previous ones but this one is actually great and even makes previous ones worthy.
You find it crazy when people say FMAB had low points, you enjoyed every second of it, good for you. I feel the same way about Aot. I find it crazy people call AOT garbage and what not, but that doesn't mean I start giving other shows 1 which I think are overrated. Based on your previous ratings for this show I assume you would have perhaps rated this season 6 or 7 but you are not even true to your own feeling and involve yourself in mindless hating, that's why I called you toxic. People can have different thinking, liking, and different criteria for judging and giving rating but you seem to be disrespectful towards others opinions.
You say there are many people you know who did not enjoyed the show, I have a lot of friends who absolutely loved the series to the point they read the manga.
Judging popularity of sequel of a series on MAL which was released with a high time gap is certainly not a good criteria, if you really want to judge popularity see the popularity of manga it has increased only over the years which is reflected by its sales.
Jul 3, 2019 5:25 AM

May 2015
ianpyrider said:
keragamming said:

My thread literally was about that exact same comment and you are repeating the same shit? Did you even read my post?

Attack on titan is the best anime of all time, try and prove me wrong, spoiler alert you can't! I've been hearing this shit since 2013, you guys don't phase me with those comments.

Then you gave the latest season a 1/10 because it surpasses most of your favorite anime, you big emotional baby. lmao

Fine, allow me to rebut your main point, which you seem to be under the impression completely disproves all the points I made above (in your words, spoiler alert, it doesn't).

The main point of your post, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that you think the ratings of fully adapted series only reflect its best moments, or, in other words, what the rating would have been for its best season. But even a cursory glance at any of the reviews of shows like HxH and FMAB will show you that people take the weaker moments in the series into great consideration, often listed among or as the only cons for the show (especially in HunterXHunter's case). Yet, these shows have their ratings despite these "low points." Do you really think Attack on Titan would have its 9.2 if all the seasons were grouped? Knowing this community, methinksnot.

Ooh ooh I am curious if you'd address my first point, that the only people rating season 3 are people with shit taste who the first and second seasons specifically appealed to. I mean just look at the 1,000,000 reviews of the first season vs the 100,000 reviews on the third season. On the other hand, there's nothing stopping someone from dropping FMAB and HxH midway and giving it a 1.

By the way, I gave the show a 1/10 because I believe it should be lower on the list. Should it be adjusted to a place I think is better (or just not completely absurd), I will change my rating to accurately reflect my feelings on the show. It's my way of casting my vote, and if I can give my vote more weight, I sure as hell will. Not trying to get in an emotional rage war, and if you think Attack on Titan is the best anime ever, I have no desire to take your opinion from you, so chill out my dude (or dudette or dudex).

Rating it a 1 out of spite and in the vain hope that you can help lower the mean score (which is meaningless anyway), is childish.

Jul 3, 2019 7:12 AM

Oct 2013
Tsarko said:
keragamming said:

It did happen, but was shortlived. You can check it here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1240345

Oh, wow you are right, how did that miss me?
Jul 3, 2019 7:39 AM

Nov 2016
keragamming said:
JoyBoy_316 said:

I never even expected this season to be so well received. Also the point of this thread was just to point out the flaws against the persons that were saying its the sequel effect that is why, the end.

I was just pointing out that its a lot more complex than that. Yes if it hadn't been split it might not have been this high or perhaps person would bump up their score once this arc was completed, who knows. The point of this thread was about full adaptation vs split cour though.

Yes but my point is still a part of that full adaption vs spilt cour discussion. What I'm saying is that you cannot just say that full adaptation have the advantage of having their better parts eclypsing their lesser parts without taking into account the opposite as well. I'm speaking from experience here, when I watched fmab the reason why I didn't gave it a 10 like many others even though I found the last 20 eps to be excellent was because I felt that some of the earlier and middle eps to be either very slow or even a bore at times which ended up lowering my full view of the show. Whereas when I'll be scoring this season of AoT I'm not going to take into account the first part that I didn't like that much because I've already scored it and I can separate them from each other thanks to their format which I cannot do with fma or yu yu hakusho because they are a full package.

You really made a good point with this thread, but just like the people trying to justify AoT's high score with sequel effect you're also narrowing your view on a much bigger picture with just too many factors.
Jul 3, 2019 7:41 AM

Oct 2013
JoyBoy_316 said:
keragamming said:

Yes but my point is still a part of that full adaption vs spilt cour discussion. What I'm saying is that you cannot just say that full adaptation have the advantage of having their better parts eclypsing their lesser parts without taking into account the opposite as well. I'm speaking from experience here, when I watched fmab the reason why I didn't gave it a 10 like many others even though I found the last 20 eps to be excellent was because I felt that some of the earlier and middle eps to be either very slow or even a bore at times which ended up lowering my full view of the show. Whereas when I'll be scoring this season of AoT I'm not going to take into account the first part that I didn't like that much because I've already scored it and I can separate them from each other thanks to their format which I cannot do with fma or yu yu hakusho because they are a full package.

You really made a good point with this thread, but just like the people trying to justify AoT's high score with sequel effect you're also narrowing your view on a much bigger picture with just too many factors.

Fair enough, good point.
Jul 3, 2019 9:52 AM

Sep 2018
On the contrary... season 3 is only highly rated because the only people that bothered watching it are people that like it. So it would actually have a lower rating if it was just a single show.
Jul 3, 2019 9:56 AM

Oct 2013
TheProblemIsntMe said:
On the contrary... season 3 is only highly rated because the only people that bothered watching it are people that like it. So it would actually have a lower rating if it was just a single show.

Explain season 2 and 3 ratings then if that is the case? Why didn't it work then?

Also 1/5 rule, as well, not to mention persons opinions can change, go and take a look at the last episode of this season, plenty of persons said they weren't fan of the first season, but now love the series.
Jul 3, 2019 10:24 AM

Aug 2016
Hunter x Hunter if split up would probably start around 8.4 and start trending up with each season. There is a distinct advantage to bundling the show up all into one. When one part is just so epic it just makes you overlook others. There is no sequel advantage going on here.. it's just a really good season and the score reflects it.

It's actually pretty sad that there are grown men on this website tanking SnK's rating with 1's.

Jul 3, 2019 10:27 AM

Dec 2016
keragamming said:
TheProblemIsntMe said:

Explain season 2 and 3 ratings then if that is the case? Why didn't it work then?

Also 1/5 rule, as well, not to mention persons opinions can change, go and take a look at the last episode of this season, plenty of persons said they weren't fan of the first season, but now love the series.

I think the fact that Season 2 is rated 8.43 versus Season 1's 8.48, and that Part 1 is rated the same as Season 1, 8.48, suggests that as a whole, if it had been adapted all together, it would not have been this high. Had the entire show been adapted at once like FMAB, the rather significant portions of the series that aren't rated as highly as this season would drag down the overall score. Even FMAB, which is the comparison point here, gets to the "good stuff" relatively earlier than AOT.

The sequel effect is already artificially inflating the scores of S2 and S3 P1, and they're still lower than S1. I think that's some pretty strong evidence that it would be a lower score if it wasn't split up.
Jul 3, 2019 10:34 AM

Apr 2019
TheCobraSlayer said:
keragamming said:

I think the fact that Season 2 is rated 8.43 versus Season 1's 8.48, and that Part 1 is rated the same as Season 1, 8.48, suggests that as a whole, if it had been adapted all together, it would not have been this high. Had the entire show been adapted at once like FMAB, the rather significant portions of the series that aren't rated as highly as this season would drag down the overall score. Even FMAB, which is the comparison point here, gets to the "good stuff" relatively earlier than AOT.

The sequel effect is already artificially inflating the scores of S2 and S3 P1, and they're still lower than S1. I think that's some pretty strong evidence that it would be a lower score if it wasn't split up.

i kind off disagree, i feel like if you rate it as a whole you will look at the overarching plot and the whole story, while that aspect just gets lost within seasons because you don't know what the plot is about
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 3, 2019 10:35 AM

Sep 2018
keragamming said:
TheProblemIsntMe said:

Look at the number of people watching season 3 compared to season 1. More than a million people stopped watching. The only ones that were still watching were the ones that liked season 1 initially.
Jul 3, 2019 10:55 AM

Oct 2013
TheCobraSlayer said:
keragamming said:

I have to disagree, snk is different from fmab because one of its strong point is its mystery, I can't tell you the amount of persons that said they were disappointed in season 1 because they didn't get any answer and then other criticism is that the characters bland etc. Also they complain about the pacing, I think the reason why this season is also getting a lot more praise is because they adapted 2 chapters per episode for majority of the season, this made this season fast pace and a lot of things happen, compare to previous seasons that did 1 chapter or a little bit more.

If the entire series was fully adapted from the get go, a lot of those criticism would phase and it would have a smooth transition, instead the seasons are split and so fans feel like they are getting cuckblock and also some watchers forget important plot points after the long 4 years wait.

Snk is one of those series that would have done better as a fully adapted series. Persons are liking this season because it is tying up a lot of the loose ends and answering all the question in a logical way, it shows the audience just how well planned it is in retrospect.

There is just too many things to make a concrete answer.

TheProblemIsntMe said:
keragamming said:

Look at the number of people watching season 3 compared to season 1. More than a million people stopped watching. The only ones that were still watching were the ones that liked season 1 initially.

A sequel will always have less people, the first season came out in 2013, a lot of users have stopped using this site a long time ago.

Again, you are not answering my question, if all the persons that are watching season 3 part 2 are persons that liked the series since season 1, then why isn't season 2 rated higher, heck why is season 2 score lower than season 1???? why isn't season 3 part 1 higher as well?

Again, there is some truth to what you say, it must get some sequel effect, but the effect is weak, The real answer is that most persons found this season a lot more better than the previous season

I was just about to ask you if you found the current season better than the previous season, but then realise you drop the series since season 1 episode 6, now I realise why you never brought up that possibility of persons liking this season more, because you have no real opinion of the series, except that you didn't like the first six episode of the series and you dropped it, you are in a pretty bias situation there.
keragammingJul 3, 2019 11:23 AM
Jul 3, 2019 12:28 PM

Dec 2014
keragamming said:
TheCobraSlayer said:

I have to disagree, snk is different from fmab because one of its strong point is its mystery, I can't tell you the amount of persons that said they were disappointed in season 1 because they didn't get any answer and then other criticism is that the characters bland etc. Also they complain about the pacing, I think the reason why this season is also getting a lot more praise is because they adapted 2 chapters per episode for majority of the season, this made this season fast pace and a lot of things happen, compare to previous seasons that did 1 chapter or a little bit more.

If the entire series was fully adapted from the get go, a lot of those criticism would phase and it would have a smooth transition, instead the seasons are split and so fans feel like they are getting cuckblock and also some watchers forget important plot points after the long 4 years wait.

Snk is one of those series that would have done better as a fully adapted series. Persons are liking this season because it is tying up a lot of the loose ends and answering all the question in a logical way, it shows the audience just how well planned it is in retrospect.

There is just too many things to make a concrete answer.

TheProblemIsntMe said:

A sequel will always have less people, the first season came out in 2013, a lot of users have stopped using this site a long time ago.

Again, you are not answering my question, if all the persons that are watching season 3 part 2 are persons that liked the series since season 1, then why isn't season 2 rated higher, heck why is season 2 score lower than season 1???? why isn't season 3 part 1 higher as well?

Again, there is some truth to what you say, it must get some sequel effect, but the effect is weak, The real answer is that most persons found this season a lot more better than the previous season

I was just about to ask you if you found the current season better than the previous season, but then realise you drop the series since season 1 episode 6, now I realise why you never brought up that possibility of persons liking this season more, because you have no real opinion of the series, except that you didn't like the first six episode of the series and you dropped it, you are in a pretty bias situation there.

i agree with keragamming here,
the reason why this season is so highly rated is because its the culmination of S2 and S3 part 1. S2 was more into world building and S3 part 1 finally gave us some answers. It's had pretty much set up stage for S3 part 2 quite neatly. Since i'm still watching i can say, it's execution is great atleast up until ep 6
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Jul 3, 2019 1:53 PM

Dec 2016
@keragamming

I think conversely, non-hardcore fans would get frustrated with how long it feels like it takes the series to get anywhere, and the scores would normalize into something significantly lower than the 9.2 range that S3 P2 is sitting in right now. S3 P2 is only doing well because it's the portion of the series that finally meets the demands of a lot of watchers (not fans necessarily, not everyone that's watching is an AOT fan)-S2 and S3 P1 (S2 in particular), really did not do this. That's a pretty significant chunk of a theoretical full run (24 episodes), that would be considered less good by the audience.

I think it would perhaps average out into something around the 8.7 range perhaps, but I highly doubt anything above 9 would be feasible. It's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison, but the manga lines up more with around an 8.7 than a 9.0+.
Jul 3, 2019 3:35 PM
May 2019
ianpyrider said:
and are more familiar with the more tired troupes and melodrama AOT employs)

That's rich coming from someone who's top anime features fmab, stein's gate, hxh, opm, mp100.
Jul 3, 2019 4:20 PM

Jun 2016
SNK is in my opinion one best anime I seen I am happy its finally beat overrated Stein gate,Shit series such as Naruto and evangelion. But There is no best anime everyone taste is different. But In my opinion SNK in terms of characters and plot is best anime. To each their own. SNK should still be above>>>Stein gate, Neo genesis and Naruto though.

Jul 3, 2019 4:42 PM
May 2019
ianpyrider said:
I mean for opm and mp subversion is the name of the game.

You actually buy that meme? OPM is just the part in dbz where everybody gets their ass kicked til Goku shows up and saves the day over and over again except far more anti-climactic.

MP100 involves an OP mc beating a bunch of 1d enemies to a pulp as proof that having superior powers isn't everything... Somehow none of his enemies get killed even though the mc's main hesitation about his powers is that he hurt his brother before because of his lack of control, that never comes into play.

All the characters in both these are walking tropes and the dialogue is corny as fuck.

Hisoka is just your typical I wanna just have fun battle maniac. There's been so many of these characters in anime before and after Hisoka. I like his character but just no.

Meruem is honestly boring, he's supposed to subvert cell but cell was way more interesting with his creepines early on. His whole arc is just "might doesn't make right" which is like the arc of every villain in MP100.

"Hyouin" Rintarou is just a superficial projection of what a nerd is which I guess is intended by the person himself. But underneath that he's a nothing of a character, completely shallow and uninteresting no different than your typical good guy shonen mc who wants to save everybody.
Jul 3, 2019 5:05 PM
Nov 2017
Everyone here throwing their opinions down people’s mouths are prunes lmao. Get a life y’all.
Jul 3, 2019 7:20 PM
May 2019

Hisoka being a clown is a superficial trait, but the base makeup of his character is what I described. I didn't miss anything.

I don't think anyone misses the point of what OPM is trying to do, you bringing that up adds nothing. Instead of actually refuting my point, all you did was bring up an irrelevant talking point. Just because the opening scene plays out like that doesn't mean the majority of the rest of the series doesn't play out like I described.

ianpyrider said:
I'd be curious to see what you find so compelling about AOT's characters, though.

To start, I simply find them a lot more grounded and practical than most other series. They're complex in that way, people complain about Eren as being a stereotypical shonen mc. But in the very beginning you see him having strong developed thoughts about the problems in their world and more impressively WHAT SHOULD BE DONE ABOUT IT. Very uncommon for a shonen mc, what's more is that the people he is mouthing off to about morality isn't some villain like your typical shonen but normal people simply trying to live their lives as best for themselves as they can, providing for some very interesting conflict.

But it's not like he doesn't understand where other people are coming from, like some critics saying he lacks nuance. It's just that he finds it difficult to stomach because he has more of a sense of the big picture and cares about it more. Because of this he comes off as an arrogant fool frequently, but it's not like he lacks that awareness as he regularly reflects on what he's doing and what is right path to take to achieve his goals, providing an interesting sense of inner conflict. But the thing is that just because he has a momentary epiphany about himself like when he was fighting with Jean and learned to control his emotions, doesn't mean that all of a sudden he's going to completely develop into a better person giving the show a lot of complexity. He had to repeatedly go through a series of experiences and self-reflections in order to become who he is now.
Jul 3, 2019 7:21 PM

Aug 2017
Now, its 9.20. Nooooo.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 3, 2019 7:33 PM
Apr 2017
Thorf said:
I agree, Fmab wouldn't even be close to 9.24 if it was split into 5 seasons like it is on Netflix. The final arc is obviously what got everyone to rate it so highly, me included. Attack on Titan is far more consistent especially with this season which I consider to be the best show of all time.

by the logic of you gintama should be with 9.99 if it were not divided in seasons ...
Jul 3, 2019 7:34 PM

Oct 2013
Artur_Moreira said:
Thorf said:
I agree, Fmab wouldn't even be close to 9.24 if it was split into 5 seasons like it is on Netflix. The final arc is obviously what got everyone to rate it so highly, me included. Attack on Titan is far more consistent especially with this season which I consider to be the best show of all time.

by the logic of you gintama should be with 9.99 if it were not divided in seasons ...

That is actually possible lmao
Jul 3, 2019 7:37 PM
Apr 2017
you want to make an excuse for everything, even if AoT was an adaptation without pauses he would not be able to pass FMAB, simply because he is not a consistent story like FMAB, most AoT seasons have an average of less than 8.50 and that would weigh in the score
Jul 3, 2019 7:39 PM

Oct 2016
I agree, but I do wish that they would have anime listed as franchises instead of separate seasons. I like consistency.

PikslapJul 5, 2019 8:07 PM
Jul 3, 2019 7:39 PM

Oct 2013
Artur_Moreira said:
you want to make an excuse for everything, even if AoT was an adaptation without pauses he would not be able to pass FMAB, simply because he is not a consistent story like FMAB, most AoT seasons have an average of less than 8.50 and that would weigh in the score

I have already counter those comments, read through the comments f you are interested. Tired of repeating myself.
Jul 3, 2019 10:57 PM

Feb 2018
You Guys need to stop crying about an imaginary title of being the best anime ever and just enjoy the anime and manga you enjoy to watch and read most.
Jul 3, 2019 11:07 PM

Dec 2016
I don't think the score of a single-entry anime adaptation reflects "only the best parts/moments" of it. There are a lot of users who rate considering the whole work, from beginning to end.

Many people give HxH a lower score because they think "it has only two great arcs, the rest are boring/generic". FMAB's score is also lowered because of the "bad tonal shifts" and the "rushed beginning". Fans of Naruto didn't forget its egregious filler count when it comes to score it too, and DBZ is also scored down because of the slow pacing and partially due to the whole Majin Buu arc too.

In this sense, I do believe that if FMA:B were split into seasons, the last one of them would be rated even higher than the current 9.24 it has, probably even 9.5, which would be the fairest comparison with SnK S3.2. HxH 2011's score for the chimera ant arc alone would also be much higher than 9.12, literally at least 80% of all the fans of that series give that sngle arc a 10/10.

As to why the so-called "sequel effect" didn't apply for SnK 2 and SnK 3.1, possible explanations:

- Not only the diehard fans watched them, we have to remember SnK 2 was probably one of the most anticipated continuations in recent times, so even not-so-hardcore fans were interested and curious to watch them too, to be part of the conversation.

- Part of the hardcore fans and curious casuals may have genuinely considered them not as good as the first season, but they did consider SnK 3.2 better, which is reasonable since it looks like this latest season started wrapping up things in a satisfying manner.

Sequel-effect is not an automatic process people, there are lots of sequels to highly popular anime out there with considerable lower scores than the first installments. Just look at OPM2 for example.
Jul 3, 2019 11:40 PM

Feb 2018
1Kyo said:
GhettoJaredo said:
I don't give a shit about MAL scores, it is about my own enjoyment not what other people think. That's why all these threads are so useless. the fact that fmab currently holds the number one spot on this site does not mean it is the greatest anime ever created.

So threads like this are useless because YOU don't care? Re-read your post, that sounded hilarious.

Yup, you are absolutely right, I don't care and that is just my opinion, so you're saying I sound hilarious because we don't share the same opinion?
Jul 4, 2019 12:07 AM
Oct 2018
@ianpyrider
Anything you say doesn't carry any weight as you gave this series '1' just because you're a steins gate and FMAB fanboy. You gave previous seasons a rating atleast between 4 to 6 and gave this a 1 even though this is clearly the best aot season. This just proves you're a fanboy who wants to bring this down just because it is at number 2.
Jul 4, 2019 12:57 AM
Nov 2015
if fmab was broken into seasons the last one would have like a 9.5
(just realized someone else said the exact same thing lol)
Jul 4, 2019 1:14 AM
Sep 2017
b
blackiemma22 said:
As I said in another thread everybody making it a bigger deal than what it is. There is no real reward in getting #1 position. There is also no such thing as THE best anime because everybody's taste is different. I don't really understand why some fans (in both fmab and aot fandom) take all this so personnal.

because you wont get it
Jul 4, 2019 1:59 AM

Dec 2016
Woah why would anyone compare FMABH to SNK actually ? It's just dumb..
Both have really strong points and both of them are obviously allowed to be over 9 ? There isn't a single spot over 9 of "the best anime"
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Jul 4, 2019 2:07 AM

Feb 2017
Zoroft said:

"Hyouin" Rintarou is just a superficial projection of what a nerd is which I guess is intended by the person himself. But underneath that he's a nothing of a character, completely shallow and uninteresting no different than your typical good guy shonen mc who wants to save everybody.

I don't think so. "Hououin Kyouma" is a part of his personality, he is a genuine chuunibyou. Also his interaction with other characters are fun to watch. I failed to see why he is a uninteresting Character like you said. "Typical good guy shonen mc who wants to save everybody" lol any sane person would want to save his/her dearest persons if they put in the same situation as okabe, especially if he/she had the chances
Jul 4, 2019 3:00 AM

Jul 2019
At least attack on titan doesn't have a bs fanservice and oversexualized lolis.
Jul 4, 2019 4:05 AM

Apr 2019
FriesVanquisher said:
Zoroft said:

I don't think so. "Hououin Kyouma" is a part of his personality, he is a genuine chuunibyou. Also his interaction with other characters are fun to watch. I failed to see why he is a uninteresting Character like you said. "Typical good guy shonen mc who wants to save everybody" lol any sane person would want to save his/her dearest persons if they put in the same situation as okabe, especially if he/she had the chances

he is just acting
aren't chuunibyous actually believing shit? im not sure about the term
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 4, 2019 5:23 AM

Feb 2017
Nim0174 said:
FriesVanquisher said:

he is just acting
aren't chuunibyous actually believing shit? im not sure about the term

Well i think that chuunibyous really believes their fantasies are real
Jul 4, 2019 8:59 AM

Sep 2018
keragamming said:

About season 2 being rated less than season 1:
Season 2 still has quite a bit of people that watched it and rated it compared to season 3. People were watching it because they may have liked the first season and there was a lot of time in between the two seasons for everyone to complete it. Then after watching season 2 they saw it got worse (supposedly IDK) and stopped watching it. Therefore the only ones that kept watching season 3 are people that were really invested in the series already and liked it. They would obviously rated it high.
If you look, FMAB has 1.4 million people that rated it while AoT s3 has 280k. There are other shows on the Top Anime that have less people rating it than AoT but I have a feeling that if more people watched it the shows rating would go down because it is not for everyone. Not everyone will like the show unlike FMAB where almost everyone can appreciate it.

And yes, I may be wrong. I didn't even finish the first season. But from my perspective that's what the rating and everything looks like to me.
Jul 4, 2019 9:07 AM

Oct 2013
TheProblemIsntMe said:
keragamming said:

About season 2 being rated less than season 1:
Season 2 still has quite a bit of people that watched it and rated it compared to season 3. People were watching it because they may have liked the first season and there was a lot of time in between the two seasons for everyone to complete it. Then after watching season 2 they saw it got worse (supposedly IDK) and stopped watching it. Therefore the only ones that kept watching season 3 are people that were really invested in the series already and liked it. They would obviously rated it high.
If you look, FMAB has 1.4 million people that rated it while AoT s3 has 280k. There are other shows on the Top Anime that have less people rating it than AoT but I have a feeling that if more people watched it the shows rating would go down because it is not for everyone. Not everyone will like the show unlike FMAB where almost everyone can appreciate it.

And yes, I may be wrong. I didn't even finish the first season. But from my perspective that's what the rating and everything looks like to me.

Look at the stats and tell me what you understand from it.

season 2 stats https://myanimelist.net/anime/25777/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_Season_2/stats

season 3 https://myanimelist.net/anime/35760/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_Season_3/stats

season 3 part 2 stats https://myanimelist.net/anime/38524/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_Season_3_Part_2/stats

Jul 4, 2019 9:07 AM
Jan 2014
I'd say the main reason this show doesn't deserve top spot is because it's a 5/10 show at the best of times, and it rarely even reaches those best of times.
Jul 4, 2019 9:25 AM

Mar 2013
Attack of titan s3 part 2 deserved it's place and i won't argue about that. We have different perspectives and objections.
Jul 4, 2019 9:37 AM

May 2016
Zoroft said:

Looks like you completely don't undertand Okabe's personality, and his Hououin Kyouma persona...
Spoilers from Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0:

So, Okabe is a waaaaaay mooooreeee than you think, you just simply doesn't understand its character. It's okay, Steins;Gate is hard to follow, it is not for everybody. It is a deeper show than SnK, I wouldn't recommend it to typical SnK fanboys.
-
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.