Its 2017 AOTY, 2018 AOTY, 2019 AOTY and it will also be 2020 AOTY and 2021 AOTY
I dont think theres ever been a phenomenon like this
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 1, 2019 5:51 AM

Jan 2009
err Mob Psycho is the anime of the year for 2019

Jul 1, 2019 6:04 AM

May 2017
Yeah it's a bit sad for other Anime, I mean Vinland Saga is one of my absolute favorite Mangas ever and I think the Anime will also be amazing, but Season 3 of AoT was just too good. It blasted away all the negativity i still felt from the GoT finale.
Jul 1, 2019 6:20 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao that's what you think
woah there
Jul 2, 2019 11:03 AM

Jan 2019
Funseco said:
I just want to say that this is not fair for other anime fans
Shingeki no kyojin has been the anime of the year since 2017

Based on what? 2018 AOTY was Devilman Crybaby (in CR anime awards), and don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of AoT manga, but based on what do you say it has been AoT from 2017 till now?

Jul 2, 2019 12:50 PM

Jul 2016
Are u drunk 2019 AOTY is Vinland Saga, 2020 is AOT produced by JC Staff.

Jul 2, 2019 4:50 PM

Jan 2009
Lel0uchZer0 said:
deg said:

This is a laughable opiniom

this is a laughable reaction

production quality alone Mob Psycho is much more consistent than Attack on Titan

CGI Collosal Titan got lots of complain same with the Armored Titan vs Eren fight and the character drawings are at times off-model (there is even a complaint thread about where is the makeup team of season 2)

if you want to praise the story part alone then go praise the manga then
Jul 2, 2019 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
chriskor022 said:

We don't know that, and I especially doubt that.
Jul 2, 2019 7:15 PM

Feb 2019
chriskor022 said:
that depends on whether it will live up to the hype or Not.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jul 2, 2019 7:52 PM
Feb 2017
This or Mob Psycho 100 II. I'm slightly still in favor of Mob though.
Jul 2, 2019 9:31 PM

Jan 2009
Lel0uchZer0 said:
deg said:

production quality alone Mob Psycho is much more consistent than Attack on Titan

CGI Collosal Titan got lots of complain same with the Armored Titan vs Eren fight and the character drawings are at times off-model (there is even a complaint thread about where is the makeup team of season 2)

Animation does not equal a better anime
Nichijou has better animation than cowboy bebop but cowboy bebop is a masterpiece
Also levi vs beast titan was better animated than the whole mp100 season

ironic since both are anime adaptations so of course the studio (and the hired talents) can only focus on animation quality (anime simply means animation in japan language anyway) they only need to follow the story of the manga (source material)

its different when it comes to original anime like Cowboy Bebop and personally i rate original anime more since it requires more hardwork for the studios and talented staff because they will also come up with their own original story and that takes more time and effort alone

and lol Mob Psycho especially season 2 have great story too and really lol Levi vs Beast Titan is the only memorable sakuga for me this season but Mob Psycho 2 got tons of sakuga
Jul 3, 2019 3:17 AM

Jan 2009
Lel0uchZer0 said:
deg said:

ironic since both are anime adaptations so of course the studio (and the hired talents) can only focus on animation quality (anime simply means animation in japan language anyway) they only need to follow the story of the manga (source material)

its different when it comes to original anime like Cowboy Bebop and personally i rate original anime more since it requires more hardwork for the studios and talented staff because they will also come up with their own original story and that takes more time and effort alone

and lol Mob Psycho especially season 2 have great story too and really lol Levi vs Beast Titan is the only memorable sakuga for me this season but Mob Psycho 2 got tons of sakuga

I repeat ...animation does not mean a good anime . Music is far superior and the story and action were better
Btw i like anime original more as well because they are not restrained by the manga
My fav anime is code geass which is anime original

personally i equally enjoy both the story of Mob Psycho 2 and Attack on Titan S3 part 2 so thats why im factoring in the production quality to know who is better thats about it

and like i said because they are both are base on the manga then the manga should be praise more for giving that great story for both of them
Jul 3, 2019 9:53 AM

Jan 2018
Shhhhhhhhhhh yes
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jul 3, 2019 10:35 AM

Sep 2018
It never was AOTY not in 2013 not in 17/18 or 19.... from a hype/excitement perspective mhh maybe, it just lacks mostly in Charatcer depth and development to be AOTY in any year,but it could with its final Season being way better than the rest of the series.
-Mullerio-Jul 3, 2019 11:26 AM
Jul 3, 2019 11:07 AM

Jan 2015
deg said:

yea...no LOL, but nice joke

Mullerio said:
It never was AOTY not in 2013 not in 17/18 or 19.... from a hype/excitement perspective mhh maybe, it just lacks mostly in Charatcer depth and development to be AOTY in any year,but it could with its final Season being way better than the rest of the series. From a hype perspective mhh maybe but

it was AOTY in all of those years lul, compared to all the other trash coming it, it's not even a hard choice
Jul 3, 2019 11:08 AM

Apr 2016
I would say mob psycho s2 is the anime of the year so far.
Jul 3, 2019 11:51 AM

Sep 2018
BestBoiEren said:

Mullerio said:
It never was AOTY not in 2013 not in 17/18 or 19.... from a hype/excitement perspective mhh maybe, it just lacks mostly in Charatcer depth and development to be AOTY in any year,but it could with its final Season being way better than the rest of the series. From a hype perspective mhh maybe but

it was AOTY in all of those years lul, compared to all the other trash coming it, it's not even a hard choice

it may be AOTS in some but not even close to AOTY,everything pre chapter 90/final season has inconsistent animation and generic Characters that lack development, but after that as i said it could be AOTY.

Jul 3, 2019 12:12 PM

Jan 2015
Mullerio said:
BestBoiEren said:

it may be AOTS in some but not even close to AOTY,everything pre chapter 90/final season has inconsistent animation and generic Characters that lack development, but after that as i said it could be AOTY.

whats aoty then? trash like jojo?
Jul 3, 2019 12:20 PM

Jan 2018
Mullerio said:
BestBoiEren said:

it may be AOTS in some but not even close to AOTY,everything pre chapter 90/final season has inconsistent animation and generic Characters that lack development, but after that as i said it could be AOTY

But this isn't a joke ... for example AOT season 1 was AOTY in the television category (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Anime_Award#Television_Category, scroll up if you're not at the top of the page) despite the "lack of development" and "inconsistent animation"
SoukaTheRealJul 3, 2019 12:30 PM
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jul 3, 2019 12:39 PM

Sep 2018
BestBoiEren said:
Mullerio said:

Its my opinion and if you consider SnK to be the greatest thing to ever exist in the world of fiction then yea more power to you...i guess.
2013 is the only year where it could be AOTY if you dont include sequels otherwise Monogatari Season 2
2017 Dragon Loli,Tsuki ga Kirei, Made in Abyss, Owarimonogatari 2nd Season, Houseki no Kuni
2018 Sora yori mo Tooi Basho,Yagate Kimi ni Naru, Violet Evergarden, JoJo trash
2019 so far Mob Psycho 100 2,Carole & Tuesday

and @SethBigBoss yea but they also voted frozen to best ofc animated film in 2015.
-Mullerio-Jul 3, 2019 12:48 PM
Jul 3, 2019 12:42 PM

Jan 2015
Mullerio said:
BestBoiEren said:

2013 is the only year where it could be AOTY if you dont include sequels otherwise Monogatari Season 2
2017 Dragon Loli,Tsuki ga Kirei, Made in Abyss, Owarimonogatari 2nd Season, Houseki no Kuni
2018 Sora yori mo Tooi Basho,Yagate Kimi ni Naru, Violet Evergarden

2013: monogatari is a boring shitty harem, 2. season being one of the worst
2017: while tsuki ga kirei was good, doesnt even compare, wont even comment on the rest
2018 and 2019.. nice joke, violet evergarden was one of the worst adaptation butchering the novels very well.

anyways, you can stop baiting, im not taking it
Jul 3, 2019 12:58 PM

Sep 2018
BestBoiEren said:
Mullerio said:

2018 Sora yori mo Tooi Basho,Yagate Kimi ni Naru, Violet Evergarden

2013: monogatari is a boring shitty harem, 2. season being one of the worst
2017: while tsuki ga kirei was good, doesnt even compare, wont even comment on the rest
2018 and 2019.. nice joke, violet evergarden was one of the worst adaptation butchering the novels very well.

anyways, you can stop baiting, im not taking it

Yea as i said its my opinion and i didnt try to enlighten you, i already know that MAL is not the best place to debate about opinions because some people don't like criticism on those all mighty favorites, i never said SnK is bad its just not nutti enough (the manga is a diffrent thing ofc, the current arc is pretty pretty)
Jul 3, 2019 3:43 PM

Jan 2009
BestBoiEren said:
deg said:

i already explained on succeseding posts why that is so counter that with reason too and not just with LOL nice joke shit
Jul 3, 2019 3:46 PM

Jan 2015
deg said:
BestBoiEren said:

i already explained on succeseding posts why that is so counter that with reason too and not just with LOL nice joke shit

there is no reason to bring reasons and counter a joke tho
Jul 3, 2019 3:47 PM

Jan 2009
BestBoiEren said:
deg said:

ok you are just trolling then and actually do not want to discuss
Jul 3, 2019 3:50 PM

Feb 2016
AoT should never be AOTY rofl
it would be AOTY if that stood for AssAnime of the year
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 3, 2019 4:04 PM

Jan 2015
deg said:
BestBoiEren said:

"err Mob Psycho is the anime of the year for 2019 "

very nice discussion, with great arguments
Jul 3, 2019 4:16 PM

May 2014
Well i'm glad you like it so much. I enjoy AOT a lot, but personally it's far from being my anime of year. Mob Psycho s2 was just so great on every level. Not to mention Beastars is getting an adaptation this year, which will be a strong contender for AOTY for me as well.
BestBoiEren said:
deg said:

OP didn't exactly put up a strong argument either. It's just people's opinions anyway.
Jul 3, 2019 4:27 PM

Jan 2009
BestBoiEren said:
deg said:

check the rest of thread on how i defended that and also like the above user said OP did not even add arguments on the first post too
Jul 4, 2019 7:56 AM
May 2019
This reeks of fanboyism, hard. Thats coming from a long time fan, not a hater before anyone pulls that crap on me here.
Jul 4, 2019 4:23 PM

Dec 2015
I agree (except for 2018, which was Sora Yori. First part of Season 3 was really inferior to other arcs). Mob 2 is no where near the level of this arc of SNK, but it definitely will be a solid 2nd place this year. Kaguya-sama is really close to Mob 2 and is on 3rd place
Jul 4, 2019 8:51 PM
Jun 2015
Well season 1 was pretty solid but other than season 3 part 2, the anime adaptations haven't been anything to write home about except that one Levi sequence during season 3 part 1. Anime of the year is too early to call right now but we'll see, though there's obvious fanboyism here.
Jul 5, 2019 11:41 AM

Oct 2013
Is there any MAL-only prize for anime of the year, if I may ask?
Jul 5, 2019 2:54 PM

Jun 2016
Chill nigga, we barley passed half the year....
Jul 5, 2019 5:32 PM
Jul 2019
Funseco said:
it's never been anime of the year lmao
Jul 5, 2019 5:32 PM
Jul 2019
Funseco said:
and I know you have no clue what vinlands about
Jul 5, 2019 5:33 PM
Jul 2019
deg said:

mob psycho is so bad lmfao
Jul 5, 2019 6:12 PM

Oct 2014
It's always the idiots that are the loudest.
Jul 26, 2019 4:19 AM

May 2018
As long the story is still good, it can be anime of the year

Aug 5, 2019 8:57 AM

Jan 2019
Genesis007AUT said:
Yeah it's a bit sad for other Anime, I mean Vinland Saga is one of my absolute favorite Mangas ever and I think the Anime will also be amazing, but Season 3 of AoT was just too good. It blasted away all the negativity i still felt from the GoT finale.

I wasn't that disappointed, because the previous season of GoT and the ep3 of last season prepared me for a not so good finale. Anyways as a manga reader ep5 of s3p2 was another experience Than the manga both was satisfying and I was introduced to one of my fav. Character again with perfectly fit voice and finaly good animation. :D
Merciful lies or painful truth?
Aug 7, 2019 6:20 AM
Jul 2018
Just give me a wonderful adaptation. It would be painful to see such a brilliant story go to waste and honestly the part to be adapted is the best part of Attack on Titan.
Aug 8, 2019 5:14 AM

Jul 2019
Funseco said:
Or in other words you are saying that it is your favorite anime because there are other entertaining shows too.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Aug 8, 2019 6:58 AM
May 2019
This thread is totally a joke haha.
AoT has the best story ever created so far btw, and the adaptation is a masterpiece.
Accept that.
Aug 8, 2019 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
shingeki no kyojin season 4 will generally be accepted as one of the best anime made if the material is adapted solidly not like OPM s2.
Aug 11, 2019 5:09 AM

Sep 2008
Lel0uchZer0 said:

Nichijou has better animation than cowboy bebop but cowboy bebop is a masterpiece

I don't know what drugs you're taking bro, but keep them away from us.
Mob Psycho 100 is FAR superior compared to Shengeki no shock factor. Better animation, better fight sequences, creative and more consistent in writing, characters, dialogues and production quality.
Shingeki no Kyojin is more like FMA B and Hellsing ultimate, the main draw being constant conflict, deus ex machina, a buch of characters screaming at each other, and lots of violence. I mean, I get that most people like that stuff (I enjoy it too), but does'nt make it better than Mob Psycho 100
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Aug 11, 2019 5:12 AM

Sep 2008
Adnash93 said:

Its the Ops prize for anime of the year.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Aug 11, 2019 9:46 AM

Sep 2008
Lel0uchZer0 said:
eyerok said:

I don't know what drugs you're taking bro, but keep them away from us.
Mob Psycho 100 is FAR superior compared to Shengeki no shock factor. Better animation, better fight sequences, creative and more consistent in writing, characters, dialogues and production quality.
Shingeki no Kyojin is more like FMA B and Hellsing ultimate, the main draw being constant conflict, deus ex machina, a buch of characters screaming at each other, and lots of violence. I mean, I get that most people like that stuff (I enjoy it too), but does'nt make it better than Mob Psycho 100

Imagine thinking mp100 is better than fmab or snk loool

I certainly enjoyed it far more than FMA B and Code Geass. Just because you liked them more does not mean they are better
Aug 11, 2019 10:23 AM

Oct 2013
eyerok said:
Adnash93 said:

Its the Ops prize for anime of the year.

Oh, I see. Thank you for your response. ;p
Aug 12, 2019 9:07 AM
Jan 2019
Lel0uchZer0 said:
deg said:

You reek of a troll even though you probably aren’t one. Makes me think that ain’t even your main account considering your calling something that account hasn’t completed yet a masterpiece as well.

And saying beast Titan vs Levi was better animation than whole of MP100 is straight fanboyism. Maybe you’re thinking art style and animation are the same thing because looking at the two shows compared the animation in MP100 is undebatably better. Even more, the shimazaki fight is better than any fight in AOT it just doesn’t involve big huge titans and lots of blood and gore.
ThanjhAug 12, 2019 9:28 AM
Aug 12, 2019 9:27 AM
Jan 2019
SethBigBoss said:
Mullerio said:

it may be AOTS in some but not even close to AOTY,everything pre chapter 90/final season has inconsistent animation and generic Characters that lack development, but after that as i said it could be AOTY

But this isn't a joke ... for example AOT season 1 was AOTY in the television category (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Anime_Award#Television_Category, scroll up if you're not at the top of the page) despite the "lack of development" and "inconsistent animation"
Award ceremonies are mostly popularity over quality. AOTY will either be attack on Titan season 3 part 2 or My Hero Academia season 4 and that’s all because of popularity and hype.
ThanjhAug 12, 2019 9:32 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.