Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok, I know Takuya is just trying to help Kanna but that scene was awkward in the infirmary.

Looks like we're getting a lot more focus on Kanna this episode. It may seem the show has some sort of secret revolving about her.
Jul 2, 2019 8:33 AM

Aug 2013
So this time it's focusing on Kanna. She seems kinda mysterious. Though I'm curious about her relationship with Takuya's father.

Jul 2, 2019 10:34 AM

May 2017
m1n1nova said:
Takuya taking of Kanna's clothes and wiping without her consent is so repugnant.
If someone walked in they'd think he was attempting rape.

Bruh, it was a medical emergency....
Jul 2, 2019 10:56 AM

May 2017
m1n1nova said:
ycleped said:

Bruh, it was a medical emergency....

Don't know about you but I've never seen anyone treat fever like this. Not family let alone strangers.

It's very common in Japan to treat high fevers by wiping down the ill person's body with a cold, wet cloth to clean the sweat off of them and cool them down. In fact, I've seen this occur in so many anime.

It's not unusual in the least in this scenario.
Jul 2, 2019 11:19 AM
Jun 2013
i really wanna know what Kana was doing with that old drunk guy for him to think it's ok to just come up to her and start saying and doing those pedophile things and she wasnt stopping him. if Takuya didnt stay he probably would of went right up to her room......... that makes me sick, this anime and its adultry in like every arch pretty much. like whatthefuck.
Jul 2, 2019 11:35 AM

May 2017
m1n1nova said:
ycleped said:

It's very common in Japan to treat high fevers by wiping down the ill person's body with a cold, wet cloth to clean the sweat off of them and cool them down. In fact, I've seen this occur in so many anime.

1. They barely know each other.
2. Let's assume wiping her sweat was 100% necessary. In that case he could've simply used that blanket on the bed to wipe over her body.
3. She's already wearing a skirt with a short sleeve top so taking off her clothes nothing but an excuse to take advantage of her unconscious state.
4. Anime is not real life. Pretty much all of those scenes you see was made purely for fan service. Oh, and did I forget to mention consent?

Again, it was a medical emergency. This also was a scene taken straight from the visual novel.
Jul 2, 2019 11:44 AM

Feb 2019
Well, I can't help but feel like the story barely advanced here. The only thing I got out of this episode is that Kanna was working with Takuya's dad.

I'm still not sure why Kodai married Ayumi. It was either to keep her close to Takuya, or to keep Takuya from going after her. I don't get the sense that Kodai loved her romantically, especially since he seemed to be dedicating his life to finding Takuya's mother.

Heck, maybe this is a Golden Path type of scenario where Takuya's dad was gathering together people he knew Takuya would need in order to do whatever it is Takuya needs to do.
Jul 2, 2019 12:01 PM

May 2017
HOOfan_1 said:

Heck, maybe this is a Golden Path type of scenario where Takuya's dad was gathering together people he knew Takuya would need in order to do whatever it is Takuya needs to do.

Hmmmmmmmm quite the interesting theory you got, here :^)
Jul 2, 2019 1:30 PM
Jan 2019
YUNO14
I really liked this episode. I think the most important reason for that, was Kanna. She is really mysterious, something cold and expressionless ... but somehow, all that makes her attractive to me. I love 😅
Although there was a time when she smiled when Takuya told her she looked like a mother: '), that moment was worth gold. She reminds me of Rei Ayanami from "Neon Genesis Evangelion".

Takuya, as always, puts that touch of perverted humor. LOL ... I laughed a lot when he said "This is for medical reasons" and "How can you say that about an outstanding citizen like me?" 😂😂😂

Well, aside from that, it was surprising Kanna's knowledge of geology and the Sakaimachi mountain. And it was also a great surprise to know that Takuya's father transfers money to her. WHAT?! ... what kind of relationship did they both have? It would be really crazy that the hypothesis I made in the previous episode, that Takuya and Kanna are half brothers, be reality.
Rays, and what is your illness? I remember that Eriko said there was no explanation for it.
By the way, I hate that old bastard who harasses Kanna. Luckily, Takuya the badass was there to intervene. That boy fills me with pride 👏.

Got damn! Father of Takuya, at least he finishes the sentence .. "Keiko is ...", Viva?

In short, this becomes increasingly interesting and opens the way to new mysteries.
Why I feel that the next episode will be somewhat sad.

Ps: For a moment I thought it was a hentai, but I remembered that this is not that kind of anime xD.
What if Takuya took the jewel and slipped it into the reflector device, while removing Kanna's clothes ?. But no, he's a gentleman, well, not so much 😂.
Jul 2, 2019 3:24 PM
Apr 2019
m1n1nova said:
ycleped said:

1. They barely know each other.
2. Let's assume wiping her sweat was 100% necessary. In that case he could've simply used that blanket on the bed to wipe over her body.
3. She's already wearing a skirt with a short sleeve top so taking off her clothes nothing but an excuse to take advantage of her unconscious state.
4. Anime is not real life. Pretty much all of those scenes you see was made purely for fan service. Oh, and did I forget to mention consent?

Not to mention this was the 90's back when the world wasn't so dang soft.
Jul 2, 2019 5:01 PM

Oct 2012
elementex said:
Not to mention this was the 90's back when the world wasn't so dang soft.

Yeah, I also don't understand this need to be triggered by even the smallest things nowadays.

Honestly people, that scene with wiping her body (which was in the game too) was there exactly for the reason so that the audience would expect he would attempt something during the night he stayed with her. Yet he did nothing and she even commented on that which is exactly to show his morals - he's all talk and everything but as far as human relations go he's also very thoughtful of others and is generally very dependent person. I thought the anime had already shown that well in previous arcs (Ayumi's one especially) so that the people got that but it seems I was wrong.

That being said, the wiping scene was bit out of place but that's only because they are rushing. It may felt needless but in the game it was the first time he found about her gem necklace and he was honestly intrigued by her. Don't forget about the mystery surrounding her and rumours going around.

The episode wasn't bad, although it cut a lot from the game (the scene from the park or his search for medicine wasn't even there). As result of that I feel some of Kanna plot points are weakend and I fear her story would lack needed impact but we have yet to see how it'll be done.

Also, with Takuya's inner monologues not present, the scene where he told her that she reminds him of his mother felt kinda weird but I like how they did his waking up from the dream to sound of her doing the breakfast.

The next episode seems like obligatory beach episode filler though and while I understand why they are doing it (to tie it with that long-forgotten flashback from his childhood we've seen before) I also wonder what's the purpose of all that. Seems like they are rewriting Kanna's backround or something.
Mich666Jul 2, 2019 5:07 PM
Jul 2, 2019 6:15 PM
Jun 2017
Its kanna's time and well she is as mysterious as she is... and whats her relationship with takuya's father? And what is her role in takuya's correction of chaos. Im excited about this one.
Jul 2, 2019 6:52 PM

May 2017
If you want to see something interesting, go to episode 3 timestamp 7:34.

Also, regarding what Takuya's dad is saying at the very beginning of the episode...

Takuya's dad's original theory was that it's impossible to rewrite history/change the past, because using the reflector device to 'go back in time' will cause another worldline to branch out and the one you just left will continue existing. Events bound by causality will continue to flow and there is nothing you can do to reverse them from occurring once they've been set off. Therefore you aren't changing the past, you're just creating a different branch whereby the worldline flows differently.

At least that's what he **thought** until he met *them*, whoever *they* are. He met some people that apparently changed his theory about it being impossible to rewrite history.

A question regarding the Tree of Vrinda is.... if you go back to the VERY FIRST EVENT DIVERGENCE IN HISTORY.... will you *then* be rewriting history?

TL;DR:
Takuya's dad means that you cannot change the past or what has already happened. You cannot rewrite history, only create different worldlines where history branches off and occurs differently from the branch you once were on.

That's the theory he believed until he met *them*.
Jul 2, 2019 8:20 PM

Jul 2017
Looks like it's Kanna's time to shine, but with answers come more questions. Her mysterious state truly is distinguished, as the director himself is the storyboarder of the episode.

So with Kanna, her mysterious and "motherly" figure, seems like there's still a loophole yet to be addressed regarding Takuya and Kanna's relationship according to the many branches of history.

And also with his dad Dr. Kodai, the recurring theme of Takuya's mom, dead but alive somewhere, a fact is a fact but until proven otherwise.

And also the drunk guy...what's his relations with Kanna?

So er...beach episode next week, filler concerned, or if it has means to tie down everything about Kanna.
Jul 2, 2019 8:28 PM

May 2017
KANLen09 said:
Looks like it's Kanna's time to shine, but with answers come more questions. Her mysterious state truly is distinguished, as the director himself is the storyboarder of the episode.

So with Kanna, her mysterious and "motherly" figure, seems like there's still a loophole yet to be addressed regarding Takuya and Kanna's relationship according to the many branches of history.

And also with his dad Dr. Kodai, the recurring theme of Takuya's mom, dead but alive somewhere, a fact is a fact but until proven otherwise.

So er...beach episode next week, filler concerned, or if it has means to tie down everything about Kanna.

It won't be filler - they're moving events that took place in the town park in the visual novel to the beach. They're just changing the location!
Jul 3, 2019 12:00 AM
Feb 2009
okkkk one more week till we get some beach fan service
Jul 3, 2019 5:46 AM

Jun 2016
i knew one thing .. kanna chan is a B*tch LOL
Jul 3, 2019 6:18 AM

Aug 2018
When Takuya spotted the money transfers from his father to Kanna's bank account, I thought she could be her hidden sister. But they got me confused after he told her she looked a bit like a mother for him lol

She definitely has some sort of secret that might be a key to understand things up. But I got the feeling the dude who's after her (Hojo-san if I remember correctly) ain't just a pervert or something like that.
Jul 3, 2019 6:37 AM

Jul 2017
ycleped said:
KANLen09 said:

It won't be filler - they're moving events that took place in the town park in the visual novel to the beach. They're just changing the location!

Ooh that's nice to hear! Hate it whenever the said setting sounds like filler :(
Thanks for the clarification.
Jul 3, 2019 6:53 AM
Jan 2018
KANLen09 said:
Ooh that's nice to hear! Hate it whenever the said setting sounds like filler :(
This series will not have filler. The source material is extremely long (~50 hours) with a highly intricate plot, and the anime is already slightly struggling to contain all relevant material. Animeonlies have no idea how much has already been cut.
Jul 3, 2019 7:01 AM

Jul 2017
Laukku said:
KANLen09 said:
This series will not have filler. The source material is extremely long (~50 hours) with a highly intricate plot, and the anime is already slightly struggling to contain all relevant material. Animeonlies have no idea how much has already been cut.

That's already existent since the start of the series, and as anime-onlys, the anime is as much as we know. True VN players like you and the experienced @ycleped will know the content and how much it is cut, so and so forth.
Jul 3, 2019 2:41 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't expect that people would actually be triggered by someone taking care of sick person and cultural difference on the top of it.

Anyway. Kanna's route is being delivered decently for such a short episode time that they had (of course a lot of important characterization is missing). Too bad that they cut off anything romance related in this adaptation.
rsc-plJul 3, 2019 2:44 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 4, 2019 9:53 AM
Jan 2018
I really get some Lucina (Fire Emblem) vibes from Kanna. Not just because of her appearance but also the fact that Takuya said "Like I've known you for a long time... Like you're family.".
Jul 4, 2019 10:19 PM

Oct 2008
Kanna Hatano is the hottest schoolgirl of them all! praise her!

Jul 10, 2019 8:42 PM

Jul 2012
Kanna have no shame at all, lol.
Digimon is the best Isekai
Jul 16, 2019 11:38 AM

May 2018
So this is mom in her student form hanging out with her son.
Looks fun, but I need more answers.

Jul 17, 2019 3:23 PM

Sep 2017
Are we not gana talk about the drunk guy and his relations with Kanna? like shown in the alt universe where he was already in her house..
Oct 7, 2019 11:39 AM

Apr 2012
Japan has really some unique customs that keep woke western countries triggered.
One great example mostly depicted in art, literature, media and especially anime is the accepted and encouraged tradition of parents bathing with their children. Western counties deemed this practice creepy and immoral but of course Japan doesn't give a f_ck. This explains why Japan never shunned Michael Jackson and continued to idolize him. Through Japanese standards he never did anything wrong. (Bathing with children and sharing a room)
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 13, 2019 12:31 AM

Sep 2012
BLCD said:
I like Kanna a lot. As well as the "family-like" feeling Arima and her seem to have.

Not sure why she needs to prostitute

before she got money from mc father new from nowhere

but ye she is beeing dumb

Nov 13, 2019 12:36 AM

Sep 2012
rsc-pl said:
I didn't expect that people would actually be triggered by someone taking care of sick person and cultural difference on the top of it.

Anyway. Kanna's route is being delivered decently for such a short episode time that they had (of course a lot of important characterization is missing). Too bad that they cut off anything romance related in this adaptation.

Janethan23 said:
Japan has really some unique customs that keep woke western countries triggered.
One great example mostly depicted in art, literature, media and especially anime is the accepted and encouraged tradition of parents bathing with their children. Western counties deemed this practice creepy and immoral but of course Japan doesn't give a f_ck. This explains why Japan never shunned Michael Jackson and continued to idolize him. Through Japanese standards he never did anything wrong. (Bathing with children and sharing a room)

this days there are a lot of snowflakes out there 😆

Nov 16, 2019 5:53 AM

Jul 2015
Looks like Takuya is still a pervert looking at the infirmary scene

Kanna is a girl of many mysteries, but I have this weird feeling she is somehow related to Takuya's real mother

Aug 21, 2021 10:35 AM

Aug 2017
Kanna's arc! She can be the most interesing character in this anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2019

137 by RepeaterSiroop »»
Feb 16, 12:25 PM

» About Hatano Kanna (Spoilers)

ginchan789 - Apr 10, 2019

42 by RyuuanLinke »»
Feb 7, 11:09 AM

» This anime is underrated

saikyozero - Apr 1, 2023

8 by ShivamLH »»
Jan 18, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

87 by Ara-Ara_Oneesan »»
Jan 13, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

245 by alana_alexander »»
May 31, 2023 5:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.