Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 9, 2018 5:17 PM
Oct 2018
How many volumes will season 2 cover in your opinion? If season 2 gets 13 episodes, I could see them rushing volumes 6 through 11.

In my opinion, if Season 2 is 13 episodes, then I would want them to do Volume 6 and Volume 7 and Volume 8 and leave the Xenos Arc as a cliffhanger for Season 3 if they choose to do one.

If Season 2 gets 24 episodes which it probably won't, then they could do volumes 6 through 11, have the first cour on Volume 6, 7 and 8 and have the second half focus on the whole Xenos Arc aka Volume 9 through 11.

Anyone that's my thought, what's yours?
Argonaut678Oct 9, 2018 5:20 PM
Nov 5, 2018 4:47 PM
Aug 2018
yeah i‘m of the same opinion. Please don‘t rush it like the first season j.c. staff...

Plus the novel becomes really good from now on, character development is great and just keeps getting better and better. Volume 6 and 7 finally introduce the hestia familia as a proper familia to the world, volume 8 has some of the best character developnent in the series, the xenos arc is simply amazing and hands down best arc yet and seems like what‘s coming next will be even better. Volume 12 who came out some weeks ago really showcase how much bell has changed and grown, and from what i‘ve heard volume 13 will be pure despair. too much hype!
I can‘t accept such a good novel to be so badly adapted...
Jan 11, 2019 1:06 AM

Apr 2018
What is more likely to happen imo is j.c. staff adapting vol 6-7, 9-11 in a 13 episodes season. Vol 8 is more like a small collection of short side stories, you can easily skip it without losing nothing relevant and that would allow them to keep the same pacing (5 volumes in 13 episodes) without breaking the xenos arc into 2 season.
Then, if thery're really inclined to, they can make a couple of ovas out of vol 8.

A 2 cour-season adapting from vol 6 to vol 11 sounds good to me, but unfortunately, I don't think that's gonna happen
Jan 26, 2019 5:43 AM
Jan 2019
WHAT s1 adapts 6 LN what is this pace? omg so I missed nearly everything in LN right?
Feb 11, 2019 6:41 PM
Aug 2018
midwiferuler said:
WHAT s1 adapts 6 LN what is this pace? omg so I missed nearly everything in LN right?

the first season covers five volumes.
the adaptation isn't really that good...
GodholeFeb 11, 2019 6:53 PM
Feb 11, 2019 6:52 PM
Aug 2018
vhagar8 said:
What is more likely to happen imo is j.c. staff adapting vol 6-7, 9-11 in a 13 episodes season. Vol 8 is more like a small collection of short side stories, you can easily skip it without losing nothing relevant and that would allow them to keep the same pacing (5 volumes in 13 episodes) without breaking the xenos arc into 2 season.
Then, if thery're really inclined to, they can make a couple of ovas out of vol 8.

A 2 cour-season adapting from vol 6 to vol 11 sounds good to me, but unfortunately, I don't think that's gonna happen

Please reread the volume, it's not easy to skip. Yes, it was a bunch of small stories, but there was so much character development in them that it would ruin everything if they skipped it, and don't forget the secret passage as well.
The volume 8 is also the volume who introduce the themes of xenophobia and other problems between races like for exemple bell's unwillingness to fall in love with the gods, etc...

So basicaly, skip volume 8 = trash adaptation. Well, not that the s1 or sword oratoria ones were good adaptations anyways, the anime focus too much on the ecchi and goofy aspects of the series.
Feb 11, 2019 11:50 PM

Apr 2018
Godhole said:
vhagar8 said:

Please reread the volume, it's not easy to skip. Yes, it was a bunch of small stories, but there was so much character development in them that it would ruin everything if they skipped it, and don't forget the secret passage as well.
The volume 8 is also the volume who introduce the themes of xenophobia and other problems between races like for exemple bell's unwillingness to fall in love with the gods, etc...

So basicaly, skip volume 8 = trash adaptation. Well, not that the s1 or sword oratoria ones were good adaptations anyways, the anime focus too much on the ecchi and goofy aspects of the series.

Most of the characters development is always lost when it comes lo LN adaptation unfortunately.

Anyway, as I said, that's not what I'd like to see, but what I think it's likely to happen.
I'd be happy to be wrong on that
Mar 24, 2019 12:47 PM
Jan 2018
vhagar8 said:

Vol 8 isn't just side storys therea actually a story . The side story just intertwinds with the battle that happening
Jun 14, 2019 6:39 PM
Sep 2017
looks good. Lets go its gonna be an awesome season 2 lets hope.
NotTrying2BLazyJun 14, 2019 6:44 PM

Jun 18, 2019 1:26 AM
Mar 2018
Well, given that it is basically Isekai there will be no plot whatsoever. At least none that hasn't been seen and done before...
Jun 18, 2019 8:41 AM
Jan 2018
DonTrumpolino said:
Well, given that it is basically Isekai

keep telling yourself that
Jun 18, 2019 2:40 PM
Mar 2018
Mattinator95 said:
DonTrumpolino said:
Well, given that it is basically Isekai

I will and you would never understand why...
Jun 29, 2019 6:50 AM
Sep 2017
Could be volume 6 - 7 or more.

Jun 29, 2019 6:51 AM
Sep 2017
DonTrumpolino said:
Mattinator95 said:

I will and you would never understand why...
Not isekai, more like mmorpg world since Bell was born in his world and not transported.

Jun 29, 2019 8:03 AM
Mar 2018
ThreadFazer said:
Not isekai, more like mmorpg world since Bell was born in his world and not transported.

Well, yes, in general this is true, but leave out a single reference or some minor memorabilia to games and the real world out and you have the same experience. To me those harem/ chosen one/ underdog/ "who can hold in the fart the longest" all have the same or at leaast similar characters, plots and feel. This sequel here may just be the first time that they actually made a second season out of the mediocrity. Must have had some good marketing (but I guess the biggest catch was the harem)...
Jun 30, 2019 8:48 PM
Sep 2017
DonTrumpolino said:
ThreadFazer said:

Well, yes, in general this is true, but leave out a single reference or some minor memorabilia to games and the real world out and you have the same experience. To me those harem/ chosen one/ underdog/ "who can hold in the fart the longest" all have the same or at leaast similar characters, plots and feel. This sequel here may just be the first time that they actually made a second season out of the mediocrity. Must have had some good marketing (but I guess the biggest catch was the harem)...
this is not a Harem anime cause if it were then i wont be watching this since i dont like harem animes. Its true he has a lot of girls interested in him but he only pays attention to two Hestia and Ais.

Jul 1, 2019 12:30 AM
Mar 2018
ThreadFazer said:

this is not a Harem anime cause if it were then i wont be watching this since i dont like harem animes. Its true he has a lot of girls interested in him but he only pays attention to two Hestia and Ais.

Sure, he is only interested in one and has another close by, but in most harem anime this is also the case. I guess, this is even the core definition of most harem anime. Because, shows like Majikoi the chosen on eis only interested in one, yet has a bunch drooling over him or they are fluttered when he is around them and plays the nice guy, so I don't think you watched any harem anime that thoroughly to know what you are talking about...
Jul 1, 2019 12:53 AM
Sep 2017
DonTrumpolino said:
ThreadFazer said:

Sure, he is only interested in one and has another close by, but in most harem anime this is also the case. I guess, this is even the core definition of most harem anime. Because, shows like Majikoi the chosen on eis only interested in one, yet has a bunch drooling over him or they are fluttered when he is around them and plays the nice guy, so I don't think you watched any harem anime that thoroughly to know what you are talking about...
So your saying Toradora can be considered a Harem since all of the three girls are inlove with the mc? Even though the focus is not the harem.

Jul 1, 2019 10:00 AM
Mar 2018
ThreadFazer said:
So your saying Toradora can be considered a Harem since all of the three girls are inlove with the mc? Even though the focus is not the harem.

You certainly have a harem element in this show. but it is minor and thus isn't a major genre for this show. But I guess it's rather the lack of diverse writing of the main character, as being the sole decent good guy in it's universe, for which every girl is falling, that is to blame here. And that's been an issue (mostly for other writers) for years if not decades and won't go away unless the crowds chooses real quality over quantity.
Btw: if you would have chosen a more recent heavy-hitter anime like Kaguya-Sama or Pimp My Slime then you would have had a better example to try to denounce my argument...
Jul 1, 2019 2:50 PM
Sep 2017
DonTrumpolino said:
ThreadFazer said:

You certainly have a harem element in this show. but it is minor and thus isn't a major genre for this show. But I guess it's rather the lack of diverse writing of the main character, as being the sole decent good guy in it's universe, for which every girl is falling, that is to blame here. And that's been an issue (mostly for other writers) for years if not decades and won't go away unless the crowds chooses real quality over quantity.
Btw: if you would have chosen a more recent heavy-hitter anime like Kaguya-Sama or Pimp My Slime then you would have had a better example to try to denounce my argument...
I drop Kaguya-Sama (Its wasnt bad, its just not my type of anime) and i havent seen Pimp my slime so i couldnt use them as an example.

Jul 7, 2019 5:38 AM

Dec 2015
So ... will this get better then? I remember season 1 (also the preview gave me that impression again) having a pretty average plot + a lil bit action ... and the annoying hestia and fanservice ... locking the scores at 7 max for me. Sword Oratoria was at least a lil bit better because of the better chars.

Hopefulyl there'll be action and plot from episode 1 with the whole party around Belll ... and please the amount of scenes with only Bell + Hestia should be kept near to zero.
Jul 11, 2019 2:14 PM
Dec 2017
According to a youtuber by the name of "Advisor Lorne", season 2 will cover volumes 6 and 7. He mentioned that he knew a contact, who provided said information, that was attending anime expo on Japan.
Jul 11, 2019 9:14 PM
Jan 2018
Volumes 6-7, as stated by Fujino Omori at AX
Jul 13, 2019 12:02 AM
Dec 2011
It was also mentioned at AX that Vol 8 will be covered at the end of the season
Jul 20, 2019 4:09 AM

Apr 2014
Damn I wish there was manga for it instead of LN.
Jul 20, 2019 8:11 PM
Jul 2019
Can't for bell to become OP
Jul 28, 2019 10:51 PM
Sep 2017
I kinda hope we get another season after this one since its so amazing

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.