Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 30, 2019 3:04 PM

May 2018
Yeah boys it's gonna happen.
EppJeyyJun 30, 2019 4:40 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 30, 2019 3:04 PM

Jan 2015
well its def better than fmab, but lets see
Jun 30, 2019 3:10 PM

Oct 2013
It has a chance, let's see what happens when the official subs are out and more persons get to watch it.
Jun 30, 2019 3:11 PM

Jan 2018
It'll replace fmab as top 1 for a while, it's 0.01 below it. It sure is better than fmab in my opinion, but I've always said that I'm fine with fmab being at the top spot for obvious reasons.

Either way, both deserve it.
Jun 30, 2019 3:24 PM
Sep 2018
The rating is going to drop hard after a little while. Sequels to popular shows, especially one as far into the show as this one is, is bound to have higher reviews than standalone shows, as the only people likely to still be watching are the fans. Its status as a seasonal show (or at least a recently seasonal show) has also bolstered its ratings, as seasonals tend to have ridiculously inflated scores. This show has no business being in the top 100, let alone the number one show on MAL, and its rating should hopefully reflect that after the hype dies down and more critical viewers watch and rate it.
Jun 30, 2019 3:27 PM

Jan 2018
measlyrandy said:
The rating is going to drop hard after a little while. Sequels to popular shows, especially one as far into the show as this one is, is bound to have higher reviews than standalone shows, as the only people likely to still be watching are the fans. Its status as a seasonal show (or at least a recently seasonal show) has also bolstered its ratings, as seasonals tend to have ridiculously inflated scores. This show has no business being in the top 100, let alone the number one show on MAL, and its rating should hopefully reflect that after the hype dies down and more critical viewers watch and rate it.
The thing is, once more critical viewers watch this season they'll realise how complex it really is. Most haters at this point are people blindly following the crowd of hatred, spreading negativity to most people who praise the series. I've dealt with many over the past two and a half months, and on the forums they are everywhere. I highly doubt anyone who's rated it below a 6 either watched the season, or watched it without paying attention so they could say they actually watched it to have a "valid opinion". Sorry about that, had to vent somewhere.
Jun 30, 2019 3:32 PM
May 2018
We're about to make history, here!
Jun 30, 2019 3:34 PM

Dec 2015
Nah. For a few days, maybe. It can't possibly stick around.
Jun 30, 2019 3:37 PM
Sep 2018
Thorf said:
measlyrandy said:
The thing is, once more critical viewers watch this season they'll realise how complex it really is. Most haters at this point are people blindly following the crowd of hatred, spreading negativity to most people who praise the series. I've dealt with many over the past two and a half months, and on the forums they are everywhere. I highly doubt anyone who's rated it below a 6 either watched the season, or watched it without paying attention so they could say they actually watched it to have a "valid opinion". Sorry about that, had to vent somewhere.

As someone who has watched the entire series, and someone who has rated the show below a 6, I can assure you that the series won't be wowing skeptics with its complexity. I'm glad that you can enjoy the show, but I saw it as little more than filler, exposition, and dull characterization. The complexity seems to come more from its lore than its actual storytelling, which is not an inherent benefit. if someone isn't already a die hard fan of AOT, I don't think that this show will convince them of its quality. I'm glad that so many fans love this show, but I feel like the rating stems more from the fact that AOT fans will give anything AOT a ten, shown by its above-9 rating after the release of the first episode.
Jun 30, 2019 3:38 PM

Dec 2015
enjoy it while it lasts, take pictures so you can print it out and frame it. what a life changing anime! im literally jacking off to the last episode right now. ive come so many times i poured it into a jar and im naming it “attack on titan”
no
Jun 30, 2019 3:40 PM

Oct 2015
Roronoa said:
im literally jacking off to the last episode right now
Gross man... that's just gross.
Jun 30, 2019 3:40 PM

Jan 2009
im not sure it will last long if it ever reach the top

personally i find FMAB a better anime adaptation in terms of consistent animation quality alone just because of the simple character design it have
Jun 30, 2019 3:47 PM

Dec 2015
Nostalgik said:
Roronoa said:
im literally jacking off to the last episode right now
Gross man... that's just gross.
are you an attack on titan hater??? a true fan would join me in this ritual. oh i get it, you want fmab to stay #1 what a beta LMFAOOOOOOOO aot is better in every way hope you jump off a bridge
no
Jun 30, 2019 3:51 PM
May 2019
These score threads never end well. They are just mindless arguments between fans of SnK and fans of fmab. It's really good to see SnK be the first...but does the score really matter?
Jun 30, 2019 4:00 PM

Jun 2014
It will be #1 but not for long.
Jun 30, 2019 4:00 PM

Aug 2018
It definitely, 100% deserves it, and would already be number 1 if not for all the retarded 1/10 voters.
I use Arch, btw.
Jun 30, 2019 4:07 PM

May 2015
I don't think so and I don't really want to. I'm still not convinced that a separate season should be a representative of the whole franchise at the top list.

As apparently we have nothing better to do than talk about scores for the hundredth time, let's combine them from all the seasons and see the somewhat real picture.
(8.48+8.43+8.48+9.23)/4 = 8.655
Top 54? Interesting, this way we can start comparing it to Death Note and let FMAB rest a bit.

Really though, none of it matters, that's just numbers and they reflect neither real quality nor what people really think about it.
Jun 30, 2019 4:13 PM
Jan 2018
Talvez a nota caia com o tempo, mas nessa primeira semana pode passar FMAB.
Jun 30, 2019 4:13 PM

Oct 2013
Ten said:
I don't think so and I don't really want to. I'm still not convinced that a separate season should be a representative of the whole franchise at the top list.

As apparently we have nothing better to do than talk about scores for the hundredth time, let's combine them from all the seasons and see the somewhat real picture.
Top 54? Interesting, this way we can start comparing it to Death Note and let FMAB rest a bit.

Really though, none of it matters, that's just numbers and they reflect neither real quality nor what people really think about it.

The thing you are not including is that person may increase their score as they watch more episode. If snk was a fully adapted season.

How about we split up fmab into seasons and let's see if all the seasons individually will all be rated 9.24, you see where I am getting at?

It's just not a fair comparison. We could argue that fmab being fully adapted series is what made it number 1, as some arcs are weaker than others just like every other series.
keragammingJun 30, 2019 4:16 PM
Jun 30, 2019 4:15 PM

Mar 2014
Come ON! Get this season to #1 SPOT!

Its so well deserved
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jun 30, 2019 4:18 PM

Sep 2010
People will troll with a 1/10 rating to keep it from reaching #1. Just like Gintama had a lot of 1/10 troll ratings every time a new season aired.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 30, 2019 4:22 PM
Jan 2019
I severely doubt it. Your name did surpass it when it came out, but it started to go lower and lower, and retained the No.02 position shortly after. There are a lot of shows that reach insane rankings when they released, but die soon after.

But at the end of the day, it's just a rating. SnK being No. 01 wouldn't mean it's a better show than FMAB anyways.
Jun 30, 2019 4:31 PM

May 2015
keragamming said:
Ten said:

The thing you are not including is that person may increase their score as they watch more episode. If snk was a fully adapted season.

How about we split up fmab into seasons and let's see if all the seasons individually will all be rated 9.24, you see where I am getting at?

It's just not a fair comparison. We could argue that fmab being fully adapted series is what made it number 1, as some arcs are weaker than others just like every other series.

I know, but there's just as much possibility for this season to lose 9.23 score and go down.

Not only the full adaptation made FMAB the top 1 but a very satisfying ending, that's something that can make weaker arcs look unimportant in comparison. And yes, if SnK was listed as one full adapted season and with just as satisfying ending (which we yet to see) then sure, it would have all the chances for the top 1 position. But as it is, the comparison is already unfair.

I'm not seriously saying that the combined score is the one the series would have gotten as a whole, it's just approximation. But if you look at the manga's score 8.52, it's not that far off.
Jun 30, 2019 4:32 PM
Jun 2015
Even for just a second. Let it take the throne!
Jun 30, 2019 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
its just MAL being stupid.
Jun 30, 2019 4:36 PM
May 2019
"If youre a true fan scores dont really matter" Then you should delete this post, it existing kind of makes me think the score does matter to you
Jun 30, 2019 4:44 PM

Oct 2013
Ten said:
keragamming said:

I know, but there's just as much possibility for this season to lose 9.23 score and go down.

Not only the full adaptation made FMAB the top 1 but a very satisfying ending, that's something that can make weaker arcs look unimportant in comparison. And yes, if SnK was listed as one full adapted season and with just as satisfying ending (which we yet to see) then sure, it would have all the chances for the top 1 position. But as it is, the comparison is already unfair.

I'm not seriously saying that the combined score is the one the series would have gotten as a whole, it's just approximation. But if you look at the manga's score 8.52, it's not that far off.

Just playing devil's advocate here I'm pretty sure persons here want it to be #1 but know full well that it will only be temporary, some folks just want to see something different at the top even if it's temporary. It will go down, because the 1/10 squads are already in full force, so you need not to worry.

Also people don't like the manga for it's art, which is a stupid reason imo.
Jun 30, 2019 4:47 PM

Apr 2013
top one of the best seasons of AOT yes.
Jun 30, 2019 4:49 PM
Jun 2017
yeomra said:
I mean, it is better than FMAB in my opinion but the show has too many haters for no reason. Might go above it for a while until it is bombarded with 1s by edgelord elitists and haters.
i agree.

I finished FMAB few days ago and since chapter 1 until 60 was 8/10 for me with the last 4 chapter i gave my final 9/10. With SNK i always give 10/10 in all the season and if i would can, i will give a 12/10 a this season
Jun 30, 2019 4:52 PM

Aug 2012
Even if the rank drops, the Top 1 would still be well deserved
Its the best anime out there.
I have reached a point where I randomly choose a high rated anime, only to see if its better than shingeki no kyojin and the truth is that I always end disappointed.
Sometimes I wish I had never seen shingeki no kyojin. I cant enjoy the typical seasonal trash.
Everything feels so bland.
Jun 30, 2019 4:58 PM

Oct 2015
Funseco said:
I have reached a point where I randomly choose a high rated anime, only to see if its better than shingeki no kyojin and the truth is that I always end disappointed.
Sometimes I wish I had never seen shingeki no kyojin. I cant enjoy the typical seasonal trash.
There are plenty of rich stories out there. Hunter x Hunter, Gintama, LOTGH, so many classics around the 8.2~8.4 score range, etc. have plenty depth. I get where you're coming from but well, the truth is, you see people saying exactly what you said about many other series, of course, AoT was the one that clicked the most for you, but don't stop looking for more masterpieces cuz they are out there
Jun 30, 2019 5:01 PM
May 2019
Nostalgik said:
Funseco said:
There are plenty of rich stories out there. Hunter x Hunter, Gintama, LOTGH, so many classics around the 8.2~8.4 score range, etc. have plenty depth. I get where you're coming from but well, the truth is, you see people saying exactly what you said about many other series, of course, AoT was the one that clicked the most for you, but don't stop looking for more masterpieces cuz they are out there

Indeed, I finished FMAB, and while I had my minor gripes and it was treated as the next coming of jesus for me going in, I still had a fun 8/10 experience, thankfully, im currently watching hunter hunter and no one is overselling me that much, and im having a much more fun time with it than FMAB. It all comes down to how much one over praises something to another that their overall taste and enjoyment in a series can get skewered
Jun 30, 2019 5:02 PM

May 2018
Funseco said:
Have you watched Gintama yet?
Jun 30, 2019 5:18 PM

Oct 2013
lmao @everyone treating SnK as some grand masterpiece
Jun 30, 2019 5:20 PM

Aug 2012
Nostalgik said:

I have watched hunter x hunter and I liked it but I cant enjoy it that much.
The story is good.
It has creative and inovative elements like Nen charts but its still part of the shounen universe.
In the end its still a show meant for kids.
It has furry characters, anime trope characters (a guy so fat that can eat nonstop(?)), you never break bones when you fall from high heights, super powered guys with no muscle.
It gets boring after you watch a lot of shounen

On the other hand, Shingeki no kyojin is the kind of anime that could happen in the real world. Characters actually look like real humans. We even have different ethnicities here.
In anime, characters that are supposed to be japanese have those big eyes and they all look so generic...
Shingeki no kyojin actually makes asian characters look like asians. (Wait for season 4)

When I think of a superior tier anime, I think of an anime that looks like real life.
No kiddy things
FunsecoJun 30, 2019 5:24 PM
Jun 30, 2019 5:22 PM

Oct 2015
Weebover9000 said:
Nostalgik said:

Indeed, I finished FMAB, and while I had my minor gripes and it was treated as the next coming of jesus for me going in, I still had a fun 8/10 experience, thankfully, im currently watching hunter hunter and no one is overselling me that much, and im having a much more fun time with it than FMAB. It all comes down to how much one over praises something to another that their overall taste and enjoyment in a series can get skewered
Yeah, when someone goes and watches something just because it's one of the best scored things ever, the person is MUCH more likely to intentionally find gripes with it, simply because you can find things to complain about in literally everything. When going with no expectations, you can truly appreciate the show for what it is.

I remember watching Gintama and thinking that I was about to witness the most well constructed shounen story of all time with the best characters and best pacing and, well, while it IS pretty darn good in those aspects, it's not its selling point, particularly in its first season.
Jun 30, 2019 5:26 PM

Oct 2015
Funseco said:
Nostalgik said:

I have watched hunter x hunter and I liked it but I cant enjoy it that much.
The story is good.
It has creative and inovative elements like Nen charts but its still part of the shounen universe.
In the end its still a show meant for kids.
It has furry characters, anime trope characters (a guy so fat that can eat nonstop(?)), you never break bones when you fall from high heights, super powered guys with no muscle.
It gets boring after you watch a lot of shounen

On the other hand, Shingeki no kyojin is the kind of anime that could happen in the real world. Characters actually look like real humans. We even have different ethnicities here.
In anime, characters that are supposed to be japanese have those big eyes and they all look so generic...
On the other hand, Shingeki no kyojin actually makes asian characters look like asians. (Wait for season 4)

When I think of a superior tier anime, I think of an anime that looks like real life.
No kiddy things
Well I see you have quite some problems with that "being for kids" type of deal. AoT is more mature than your average shounen, definitely, especially from this point onwards, but its still a shounen, its target demographic is no different than Hunter x Hunter's. A story is not more childish because of its character design nor even its target audience, on that matter. Hunter x Hunter has plenty themes and great characters worth analyzing in the grand scheme of things. What you are saying almost implies that a show like One Piece is for kids and can't be the least bit thematically deep or interesting because its a shounen and it has goofy design choices.
Jun 30, 2019 5:27 PM

Oct 2010
I can see this being top 50 but not 1 xD
「Self Aware Cringy Weeb」
Jun 30, 2019 5:31 PM

Oct 2013
EppJeyy said:
Yeah boys it's gonna happen.

I told y'all that once this show ends, we should expect a lot of 10/10 scores given to it. Many people wait with giving a score until they finish watching an anime, and if they enjoy it, then they watch it completely without dropping. :)

At the time of writing this post Season 3 Part 2 had a combined scory only a little bit (because it had 9.23/10) lower than FMAB.
Jun 30, 2019 5:36 PM
May 2019
Nostalgik said:
Weebover9000 said:

Yeah, when someone goes and watches something just because it's one of the best scored things ever, the person is MUCH more likely to intentionally find gripes with it, simply because you can find things to complain about in literally everything. When going with no expectations, you can truly appreciate the show for what it is.

I remember watching Gintama and thinking that I was about to witness the most well constructed shounen story of all time with the best characters and best pacing and, well, while it IS pretty darn good in those aspects, it's not its selling point, particularly in its first season.

Yep, honestly my main gripes with FMAB lied in its first couple of cours, where they constantly remind you what the show is about and what the main characters want to do like you have amnesia.
Jun 30, 2019 5:44 PM

May 2015
dc22 said:
lmao @everyone treating SnK as some grand masterpiece

Lmao @you trying to bait horribly.

Jun 30, 2019 5:46 PM
Feb 2017
.01 away currently, it may top it soon.
Jun 30, 2019 5:48 PM

Oct 2015
BlakexEkalb said:
The % of 10/10s is lowering so I wouldn't count toooo certainly on it
Jun 30, 2019 5:50 PM
Feb 2017
Nostalgik said:
BlakexEkalb said:
The % of 10/10s is lowering so I wouldn't count toooo certainly on it

With the amount of fans of this show seeing how close it is to rank 1, they'll most likely rate it higher. It will obviously fall as the hype dies down and people start to sabotage it but w/e.
Jun 30, 2019 6:11 PM
Nov 2017
I don't quite understand how the scoring system is working here, because a few hours ago I saw that the amount of rates recorded was around 71000, but now it's around 60000? And the scope jumped from 9.19 to 9.23?
It surprised me when I saw it, I don't quite understand what has happened. Has the system just deleted lots of votes from empty accounts? It'd be appreciated if someone explains this.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.