Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2019 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty much the follow up of the aftermath from the previous episodes.

Again, there's the topic of "Ymir" being bought up by Eren and the others. They seem to be building up towards even future events with the revelation of the Titans' history, etc. That scene of Armin seeing the sea though! A boyhood dream comes true!

This show continously reminds me of their harsh world. A wonderful Season 3, part 2 if you ask me.

Final season announced (Fall 2020)
https://twitter.com/anime_shingeki/status/1145355054276198401
Stark700Jun 30, 2019 8:44 AM
Jun 30, 2019 8:27 AM

Aug 2017
Oh, the sea scene was beautiful.

I'm glad that we have a lot of important revelations. This part is good as S1. Sadly, part 1 was rather bland but this part was much better in every way. 7/10 for S3. 5/10 Part 1. 8/10 for Part 2.
NurguburuJul 1, 2019 1:04 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 30, 2019 8:33 AM
Apr 2019
can't wait to see season 4 animated.
Jun 30, 2019 8:36 AM

Oct 2018
Pretty good episode and they confirmed season 4 which will happen in 2020.
Jun 30, 2019 8:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
https://twitter.com/anime_shingeki/status/1145355054276198401?s=21, Shingeki no Kyojin Final Season (two cour or more for sure) Fall 2020!

Hype is real, lads! I’m jumping around, it’s crazy!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 2013
But I wanted to see Falco animated ;_;

Glad that season 4 is confirmed. Is it going to be done by WIT, though?

May 2016
ExodiaX said:

Which studio will make it?
-
Jun 30, 2019 8:38 AM

Oct 2018
SheevPalpatine said:
ExodiaX said:

Which studio will make it?
not sure about that since I can't read Japanese but I saw that in stream.
Ri22rkJun 30, 2019 8:47 AM
Jun 30, 2019 8:40 AM

Jun 2016
Eren with longer hair was everything i needed.
Also the scenes that happened in the credits..... and Mikasa's line aaaaaaa
There was no confirmation of season 4 though, i think :(
Jun 30, 2019 8:40 AM

Aug 2013
AyumiVk said:

There was. Fall 2020.
Jun 30, 2019 8:41 AM

Jun 2016
Nice episode, looking forward to season 4...

And it is probably confirmed to be done by Wit Studio or at least I.G because it is gonna keep airing in NHK...
Jun 30, 2019 8:41 AM

Jun 2016
_Spectacled_ said:
AyumiVk said:

There was. Fall 2020.

WOW, really? Thanks a lot!
Jun 30, 2019 8:42 AM

Oct 2013
FUCKING GREAT EPISODE! I LOVE THIS SERIES! 2020 HERE WE COME!
Jun 30, 2019 8:43 AM
Jun 30, 2019 8:43 AM

Apr 2019
there was one thing i did not like, very minor
when floch said that mikasa gave up they only showed mikasas expression
but armins expression in the manga shows slight disappointment which was a wonderful touch

they did the ending scene perfectly with eren saying that there is only enemies and not freedom beyond

btw
here is some nice shots of this episode

Nim0174Jun 30, 2019 9:04 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 30, 2019 8:44 AM

Feb 2017
This episode made me so emotional. I don't know what to say. They finally reach the ocean

Mar 2017
I AM SCREAMING SO LOUD GOD BLESS WIT STUDIO

Feb 2018
Masterpiece. We finally saw ocean and we know Eren's mindset. Killing enemies beyond the ocean will grant them their freedom. Wow we even got season 4 confirmation.
Typical slav weeb who is hunting down normies on discord
Jun 30, 2019 8:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Just_Nickdd said:
I AM SCREAMING SO LOUD GOD BLESS WIT STUDIO

I Know Right!

I’m so fudging happy to see Wit Studio not pulling out heartstrings with delay in announcements any longer! Final Season too so 2-cours or more guaranteed! Fudge, I’m screaming!

Jun 30, 2019 8:50 AM

Jun 2016

Oh that! I saw it in the stream but because i cant really read japonese i thought it was related to the manga lol
I'm seriously super happy now.
Jun 30, 2019 8:51 AM
Jan 2018
seeing reviews is going to be fun/s..... all those 1 and 4 etc then all the butt-hurt people attacking the reviewers leaving comments like any other top show which will make the image of fans of those shows / series even worse , and make it seem like every fan is like it when that hardly true .

when does the next chapter come out ???
Mattinator95Jun 30, 2019 8:55 AM
Jun 30, 2019 8:52 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Very curious to see how S4 will be handled since Wit is supposedly done (And will probably move on to Vinland Saga once the hype train starts)

Regardless, every single season that they did has been nothing short of amazing, including this one imo, so I'm very thankful to have had them be the ones to animate one of the greatest shounen series to ever grace this planet

Can't wait for the next season and most of all

Jun 30, 2019 8:54 AM

Sep 2018
All the seasons has a name, the name of the next season it's..... Finale season OMG, not season 4, FINALE SEASON, the manga in this next months gonna be ON FIRE
I keep moving forward
Jun 30, 2019 8:57 AM

Jul 2015
Awesome episode,really full 10/10 series.

Also hyped and happy the final season.

Jun 30, 2019 9:09 AM

Dec 2017
If this doesn't become the highest rated anime on this site the system is rigged. It's time to lay FMAB to rest
Jun 30, 2019 9:21 AM
Apr 2019
Season
Tokoya said:
Very curious to see how S4 will be handled since Wit is supposedly done (And will probably move on to Vinland Saga once the hype train starts)

Regardless, every single season that they did has been nothing short of amazing, including this one imo, so I'm very thankful to have had them be the ones to animate one of the greatest shounen series to ever grace this planet

Can't wait for the next season and most of all

WIT is gonna do season 4,Mate
Jun 30, 2019 9:22 AM

Jul 2017
What a season this was. Some plot points like with Armin were a bit iffy but nonetheless nice season. 9/10
Jun 30, 2019 9:42 AM
May 2017
Lemonraj said:
If this doesn't become the highest rated anime on this site the system is rigged. It's time to lay FMAB to rest

The FMAB fans won't let that happen, remember what happened to Your Name??! And every single show that reached the no.1??! Yeah

Anyway briliant episode, the visuals in the ocean scene were amazing, i remember that Araki said in an interview that they were started doing the layout/storyboard of that scene right in the begining of S3
Jun 30, 2019 9:55 AM

May 2016
Lemonraj said:

There are many anime which is better than AoT.
-
Jun 30, 2019 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
Great episode. A lot of world building and build up for the next season.

That smile

Jun 30, 2019 9:57 AM

Jun 2008
MAL doesn't let me put it as completed lol

Well, great season and this is the end for me. I don't like anything that happens after this point.
Jun 30, 2019 9:59 AM

May 2016
SSTHZero said:
MAL doesn't let me put it as completed lol

Well, great season and this is the end for me. I don't like anything that happens after this point.

In MAL's time zone, the season will end tomorrow.

And I agree with you.
-
Jun 30, 2019 10:01 AM

Jan 2015
I think I’m grasping just about 10% of the informations given lmfao

Don’t know what the fuck is going on
Jun 30, 2019 10:03 AM

May 2016
And it ended, Gonna miss this show waiting a year and three month is too much gonna read that manga this time. 10/10
anime of the year without a doubt probably won't see anything that good in the next 5 years or so imo.

watching Eren speaking about freedom broke my heart into pieces, poor Armin didn't enjoy his dream for that much and that smile from Mikasa also she slipped in the water, while Levi was still acting like a clean freak even though he was curious about the sea...

Time to read the manga.
RaizelJul 1, 2019 2:40 PM
Jun 30, 2019 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
Wit is gonna do season 4 FUCK YEAHH!!! One year later but at least we are getting it!!! Omgggggg
Jun 30, 2019 10:09 AM

Oct 2013
SheevPalpatine said:
Lemonraj said:

And there is many anime which people consider is better than fmab, what is your point?
Jun 30, 2019 10:09 AM

Feb 2017
laviha said:
Wit is gonna do season 4 FUCK YEAHH!!! One year later but at least we are getting it!!! Omgggggg

We don't know who's doing season 4. Wit didn't even share the announcement for season 4 on their social media accounts.
Jun 30, 2019 10:10 AM

May 2016
keragamming said:
SheevPalpatine said:

And there is many anime which people consider is better than fmab, what is your point?

That opinions are different.
-
Jun 30, 2019 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
SheevPalpatine said:
keragamming said:

Steins Gate 10, FMAB 10. Yeah I already know who we talking with here.
Jun 30, 2019 10:12 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Strongest season of SnK, with some of the best episodes I've seen for any anime ever. Equally action-heavy as it is story-heavy. The story gains more complexity and this season is SnK at its most intense. Episode 5 and 6 are still my favorite episodes from this series. Especially directing-wise. There's some iffy plot conveniences here and there, but it doesn't take away from the impact of the scenes the series conveys. This season lays the foundations for what the series will become in its final arc. From a story about humanity vs. titans, it becomes a story about humanity vs. humanity. The manga will probably be done by mid-2020, so a Fall 2020 premiere makes sense for the next season. Just please be Wit or Production I.G., and stay away J.C. Staff and Studio Deen.

9/10
Jun 30, 2019 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Tsarko said:
laviha said:

We don't know who's doing season 4. Wit didn't even share the announcement for season 4 on their social media accounts.

Do they always immitadely do the announcement for the next season after one season ends?
Jun 30, 2019 10:18 AM
May 2019
laviha said:
Tsarko said:

Do they always immitadely do the announcement for the next season after one season ends?

They did it for Season 3 after season 2s ending with a PV teaser showing S3s manga covers
Jun 30, 2019 10:18 AM

Oct 2013
SheevPalpatine said:
keragamming said:

Exactly, so if you agree with that, then just like how fmab is #1 on this site, but not everyone will agree with that, the same can be said for snk s3 part 2 if it also get that #1 spot.

Being number 1 doesn't mean that series is objectively the best, it just mean the general audience loved it.
Jun 30, 2019 10:20 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
As a longtime manga reader, it was obvious that this season of Attack on Titan was going to be the best, because the story reached a climax here. It was in this season were all the mysteries were cleared up, the cellar explored...even the name of the show.

But...

But of course, even if the story behind it is great, it still requires that the studio doesn't drop the ball and does a good job out of the adaptation. Mercifully this was the case. No massive short cuts were taken, and while animation and art could have been better in such a high profile and profitable franchise, it was still solid enough to let the story carry it through.

Looking forward to the final (and which I expect to be rather longer) season. It's going to be a hell of a ride

Short edit: About the episode itself, I like how they did the setup to encountering the sea a tad longer and more developed than in the manga. The ending credits was also a good appetizer for season 4 as well.
FarabeufJun 30, 2019 10:35 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 30, 2019 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
Weebover9000 said:
laviha said:

They did it for Season 3 after season 2s ending with a PV teaser showing S3s manga covers

Oooh I see, I started watcing snk back when season 3 was airing so I didn't know
Jun 30, 2019 10:24 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Stunning finale! Really. Such a powerful finale this was!

“Beyond the Walls is the Sea. And beyond that is Freedom. That’s what we thought. But we were Wrong. Beyond the Sea is a swarm of enemies. So... If we kill all our enemies, will be be able to achieve freedom?” - Eren Yeager. Stunning VA from Yuki Kaji there, that’s why he’s my favourite Male VA! Perfectly captured the mood of the moment there and my heart just sank right there. It’s still on repeat as I type this giant load of text down. Resounding and incredible, really! Plus the music in the background, this is what a 10/10 material is like! Lots of spoilers for anime-onlies during the ED scene but the wait till Fall is still going to be painful for all! Congratulations and thank you to Wit Studio for absolutely bashing this out of the part yet again!

Other moments of this episode were fantastic too! Armin v Erwin dispute there between Floch and Eren was incredibly powerful too! Eren going on to repeat Erwin’s words about not knowing the right outcome passed on from Levi to Eren was .. crippling, really. And then Eren seeing moments of his father’s past upon touching Historia’s hand, it really is a very painful situation for him all around. Freida seemed to empathise for a bit but something clicked in for her, I wonder if it’s the Royal Blood and Founding Titan combo taking its toll on her. And then Eren going on to sparing that titan while spewing some crippling words, this anime adaption with Yuki Kaji’s voice acting has just made him so much more phenomenal and I can’t wait to see more of him next season! But now Eren aside, got to love that little cute Mikasa moment in awe of the ocean! Absolutely loved that! Armin’s Dream has come true at long last! And the others, such as Connie, Hange, Sasha and Jean (that “Salty!!!” moment was hilariously great) seemed to have a blast too and that’s always great to see! Levi seems to have taken tbe overprotective role on Hange this time around too but she’ll definitely be a harder one to watch out for xD.

All in all, a superb Season 3 Part 2!
9.5/10 from me! (Near-)Perfect backstory, Great Characterisation, Superb Sound Department (as expected from the Genius in Sawano Hiroyuki and the Wonderful Sound Director(s)) and a very Tense Experience throughout! I was going to give this Season a 9.4/10 before this episode but this finale + the Final Season Announcement has forced me to award this a solid 9.5/10!

Season 4 announcement means that we can certainly hope for the best! Even if Wit aren’t helming it (which I dearly hope not to be the case), it just means that the anime is in good hands time management wise at the very least. I agree for the most bit that a series of this Calibre deserves more consistent and top-notch animation throughout but the love and care that Wit Studio gives towards this series is exemplary and imo this is what matters most! Production I.G. will be the best case scenario in case of a change but who knows, hopefully we’ll get news on this soon!

I’m sure this is further insight that the manga is to end before the Fall 2020 Season at the latest, so here’s to hoping we get another mesmerising and brilliant Final Season (aka Season 4)! I love this series from the bottom of my heart and I can’t wait to see more! Sad that we’ve got only one season of this and 10-15 max more of this but I really hope this ends on a high!
_MushiRock11_Jun 30, 2019 10:33 AM

Jun 30, 2019 10:27 AM

May 2018

Ok so when eren said that if we kill the enemies on the other side of the sea, I wonder if he starting to become the villain????
Jun 30, 2019 10:27 AM
Apr 2019
SheevPalpatine said:
Lemonraj said:

Random guy: AOT is my favourite anime
SheevPalpatine: Your opinion is invalid

Dude, do u always need to personal attack someone when they say aot is their favourite show? there are some people who have watched hundred's of animes and they still say aot is their fav anime. And there are some people who might dislike fmab so don't say that fmab is objectively the best anime ever created. If its #1 on MAL it doesn't mean that everyone should like it. Some may claim worst anime as their best anime too that's their opinion.
Jun 30, 2019 10:31 AM
Jun 2015
Season 4 begins next year. JC staff: Claim it, FAST!
Jun 30, 2019 10:40 AM
May 2019
Titanslayer18 said:
SheevPalpatine said:

Random guy: AOT is my favourite anime
SheevPalpatine: Your opinion is invalid

Dude, do u always need to personal attack someone when they say aot is their favourite show? there are some people who have watched hundred's of animes and they still say aot is their fav anime. And there are some people who might dislike fmab so don't say that fmab is objectively the best anime ever created. If its #1 on MAL it doesn't mean that everyone should like it. Some may claim worst anime as their best anime too that's their opinion.

Hes not really attacking, hes just stating a logical fact. Theres a difference in that, you know. However, I do agree his post wasn't needed towards a fan that was just having a hype stroke
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Yesterday, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2019

458 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 6:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.