Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 28, 2019 9:52 PM
Jun 2019
Bad English Grammar so forgive me.

I have not read the Manga.

I am very disappointed with the revelation and lore. To be very honest, this whole titan business is a very complex biological procedure, think of this with some basic logic ... you would need incredible amount of energy to create all that shit with incredible amount of speed. Basically they are using high amount of power to convert extreme amount of energy to matter. I am guessing the source is sunlight? I do not see how all this is possible without using some kind of high tech machine. Even if i consider this is all ONLY a biological process still it would require some incredible level of scientific advancement something like star trek era type to create titans. Unless they use the concept of magic which they are not doing, this whole thing makes not a single bit of sense even at minor basic science level. All i see is that serum/ backbone fluid is a biological weapon created to effect only a certain type of DNA carrying people/ race. Its a kind of bio weapon. Elite stuff is something that effects only a special family tree and the rest get the cheap stuff and they become refined elite only after consuming the elite titan stuff. I am guessing the original Elite royal group got the fine stuff and where smart with super powers from the beginning.

The whole world building makes no sense if all this is considered in mind. They are showing the lore in some kind of medieval / pre medievial era and then latter World war 1 & 2 type era. These times are so BACKWARD !! The titans are so much Bio Tech wise superior !! If they had shown the outside world being FAR MORE ADVANCED then all this would make sense.

Even if there is no tech needed to make all this happen still Biologically, Environmentally, Evolution wise all this is IMPOSSIBLE !! Needs FAR MORE science backup OR needs some serious does of Mystical/ Magical element to it. They seem to be showing the entire story as a realistic one in its own way but its falling short.

THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING LIKE FMAB WHERE THEY CREATED A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WORLD WITH ITS OWN LOGIC. FMAB felt FAR MORE satisfying. The logic was created from scratch, FMAB had is own kind of God, its own kind of Laws of Nature. Alchemy was not exactly tech based. FMAB'S WORLD WAS PARTLY MYSTICAL. Alchemy is not a true science. The MC even meets the creator at that end.

My personal theories regarding the existence of the titans were the following:-
1. Humans became too advanced and almost destroyed the planet. Nazi Environmentalists decided its best to kill their own race and allow the planet to survive.
2. Some kind of sick game by aliens.
I do not know what to say.....all i can say is that this Titan thing needs a far more satisfying lore than what has been given and also matching tech advancement or a huge amount of Bio Science backup.

AnimeLove10Jun 28, 2019 10:07 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 28, 2019 10:45 PM

Sep 2016
Just a friendly reminder that this is not a sci-fi anime
Jun 28, 2019 10:52 PM

Jan 2009
lol a new account, suspicious to be a batier

this manga is supernatural genre and not really hard science fiction stuff anyway
Jun 28, 2019 10:57 PM
Aug 2017
I mean for one you are complaining about the scientific consistence of a completely fictional, fantasy world. So you stretching there to begin with. If you go back to episode 9 of season 3.5, it might answer a lot of the questions you are have. Even in the manga we don't have complete confirmation on the origin of the titans and Ymir's deal with the Devil of All Earth. But from both Marley and Eldian prospectives it is mostly inferred to be a somewhat supernatural event. The Paths(said in episode 9) are used to send the matter that forms people into titans, whether that be Pure titans or titan shifters. Where the matter is coming from exactly is yet to be verified but it does come from somewhere. The Paths are also used for transfer of memories to inheritors of the shifter titans and apparently back in time as well. There is research put into figuring out how titans work, but it is more for the characters to get a deeper understanding of titans as a truth and "natural" phenomenon as opposed to some kind of engineered bio weapon. There is a certain amount of scientific and biological sense made of the titans in the series, but there is also a heavy implication from the beginning and during the explanation given in the last few episodes that the titans are at least somewhat supernatural in origin. Whether or not you like the fact that they are supernatural to some extent is a matter of personal preference I guess, cause it has always been hinted that that was the case. And if you don't like it I'd drop out now cause, as a manga reader, I can say it only goes further into the supernatural the further into the series it gets.
darkstom248Jun 28, 2019 11:03 PM
Jun 29, 2019 12:00 AM

Jun 2017
AnimeLove10 said:

THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING LIKE FMAB WHERE THEY CREATED A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WORLD WITH ITS OWN LOGIC. FMAB felt FAR MORE satisfying. The logic was created from scratch, FMAB had is own kind of God, its own kind of Laws of Nature. Alchemy was not exactly tech based. FMAB'S WORLD WAS PARTLY MYSTICAL. Alchemy is not a true science.

All of what you have said is true for AOT as well. You are either baiting or have double standards.
Jun 29, 2019 12:09 AM

Oct 2018
Created your account a few hours ago, saying SnK is bad and calling FMAB a much better anime

Yeah, that's the most obvious bait I've ever seen
Jun 29, 2019 12:33 AM

Apr 2012
It's not too late to drop the show.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 29, 2019 1:06 AM
Jun 2019
darkstom248 said:
I mean for one you are complaining about the scientific consistence of a completely fictional, fantasy world. So you stretching there to begin with. If you go back to episode 9 of season 3.5, it might answer a lot of the questions you are have. Even in the manga we don't have complete confirmation on the origin of the titans and Ymir's deal with the Devil of All Earth. But from both Marley and Eldian prospectives it is mostly inferred to be a somewhat supernatural event. The Paths(said in episode 9) are used to send the matter that forms people into titans, whether that be Pure titans or titan shifters. Where the matter is coming from exactly is yet to be verified but it does come from somewhere. The Paths are also used for transfer of memories to inheritors of the shifter titans and apparently back in time as well. There is research put into figuring out how titans work, but it is more for the characters to get a deeper understanding of titans as a truth and "natural" phenomenon as opposed to some kind of engineered bio weapon. There is a certain amount of scientific and biological sense made of the titans in the series, but there is also a heavy implication from the beginning and during the explanation given in the last few episodes that the titans are at least somewhat supernatural in origin. Whether or not you like the fact that they are supernatural to some extent is a matter of personal preference I guess, cause it has always been hinted that that was the case. And if you don't like it I'd drop out now cause, as a manga reader, I can say it only goes further into the supernatural the further into the series it gets.

Okay so you are saying there is supernatural stuff in it. Well then i must say the way the story has been moving forward it was always felt more like science and less supernatural fantasy.

And to all the people who are accusing me of baiting.
I AM NOT A FMAB FANBOY. My 3 most favorite is FMAB, STEINS GATE, SAMURAI CHAMPLOO (English DUB because its the only anime where Japanese Dub sucks big time). I planed to add AOT to the same list but the lore just did not fit right. The way everything has been going it really felt more like Sci-Fi than supernatural fantasy. If you ask me they did not do a good job establishing the fact that things could be supernatural also. FMAB was able to clearly do that from the beginning and maintain the mystery also.

Instead of accusing people without discussion, why not first try to answer the questions and clear the doubts? I am clearly a person of reason. I have clearly liked the anime till now and never made any negative comments. Its jut the lore felt wrong since its gave off the feeling of sci-fi.

I do not plan to drop the anime. Its an amazing thriller for sure. I will keep watching it for just that. If anyone asks me your favorite thriller anime? AOT will be my answer. But story wise it will always feel wrong. But lets see what happens. There is still a lot to be seen and more to come. I really hope i get the satisfaction i am looking for.
Jun 29, 2019 1:17 AM

Jan 2009
well if its not bait then here

if you want science fiction stuff then the live action films and the original one shot manga of Attack on Titan already did that

who reveals the origins of the Titans as a military experiment gone wrong that soon developed into a virus that turned people into Titans and decimated humanity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Titan_(film)

The Titans themselves were part of a human extermination project led by scientists and religious groups 100 years before the story after a global crisis.
https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_on_Titan_Volume_0

@darkstom248

the PATHS have similarities to quantum entanglement "everything is connected regardless of space/distance and even time" but i doubt their science in the world of Attack on Titan is advance enough to know about quantum physics
Jun 29, 2019 1:18 AM
Jun 2019
Chrome_Falcon said:
AnimeLove10 said:

THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING LIKE FMAB WHERE THEY CREATED A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WORLD WITH ITS OWN LOGIC. FMAB felt FAR MORE satisfying. The logic was created from scratch, FMAB had is own kind of God, its own kind of Laws of Nature. Alchemy was not exactly tech based. FMAB'S WORLD WAS PARTLY MYSTICAL. Alchemy is not a true science.

All of what you have said is true for AOT as well. You are either baiting or have double standards.

You are wrong very very wrong. FMAB has the tag magic to it, this one does not have that but has others which makes it more like sci-fi .
Jun 29, 2019 1:24 AM
Aug 2018
Hope ur baiting ://
Jun 29, 2019 1:24 AM
Jun 2019
deg said:

if you want science fiction stuff then the live action films and the original one shot manga of Attack on Titan already did that

who reveals the origins of the Titans as a military experiment gone wrong that soon developed into a virus that turned people into Titans and decimated humanity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Titan_(film)

The Titans themselves were part of a human extermination project led by scientists and religious groups 100 years before the story after a global crisis.
https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_on_Titan_Volume_0

@darkstom248

the PATHS have similarities to quantum entanglement "everything is connected regardless of space/distance and even time" but i doubt their science in the world of Attack on Titan is advance enough to know about quantum physics

Thanks so much i really appreciate your post. I will look into that one. Also you are right about the PATHS and how it does not match AOT's world's level of science. I was thinking along the same lines.
Jun 29, 2019 1:25 AM

Jun 2017
AnimeLove10 said:
Chrome_Falcon said:

You are wrong very very wrong. FMAB has the tag magic to it, this one does not have that but has others which makes it more like sci-fi .

The source material has 'supernatural' tag to it.
Jun 29, 2019 1:28 AM
Oct 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Created your account a few hours ago, saying SnK is bad and calling FMAB a much better anime

Yeah, that's the most obvious bait I've ever seen
AnimeLove10 said:

I have not read the Manga.

I am very disappointed with the revelation and lore. To be very honest, this whole titan business is a very complex biological procedure, think of this with some basic logic ... you would need incredible amount of energy to create all that shit with incredible amount of speed. Basically they are using high amount of power to convert extreme amount of energy to matter. I am guessing the source is sunlight? I do not see how all this is possible without using some kind of high tech machine. Even if i consider this is all ONLY a biological process still it would require some incredible level of scientific advancement something like star trek era type to create titans. Unless they use the concept of magic which they are not doing, this whole thing makes not a single bit of sense even at minor basic science level. All i see is that serum/ backbone fluid is a biological weapon created to effect only a certain type of DNA carrying people/ race. Its a kind of bio weapon. Elite stuff is something that effects only a special family tree and the rest get the cheap stuff and they become refined elite only after consuming the elite titan stuff. I am guessing the original Elite royal group got the fine stuff and where smart with super powers from the beginning.

The whole world building makes no sense if all this is considered in mind. They are showing the lore in some kind of medieval / pre medievial era and then latter World war 1 & 2 type era. These times are so BACKWARD !! The titans are so much Bio Tech wise superior !! If they had shown the outside world being FAR MORE ADVANCED then all this would make sense.

Even if there is no tech needed to make all this happen still Biologically, Environmentally, Evolution wise all this is IMPOSSIBLE !! Needs FAR MORE science backup OR needs some serious does of Mystical/ Magical element to it. They seem to be showing the entire story as a realistic one in its own way but its falling short.

THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING LIKE FMAB WHERE THEY CREATED A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WORLD WITH ITS OWN LOGIC. FMAB felt FAR MORE satisfying. The logic was created from scratch, FMAB had is own kind of God, its own kind of Laws of Nature. Alchemy was not exactly tech based. FMAB'S WORLD WAS PARTLY MYSTICAL. Alchemy is not a true science. The MC even meets the creator at that end.

My personal theories regarding the existence of the titans were the following:-
1. Humans became too advanced and almost destroyed the planet. Nazi Environmentalists decided its best to kill their own race and allow the planet to survive.
2. Some kind of sick game by aliens.
I do not know what to say.....all i can say is that this Titan thing needs a far more satisfying lore than what has been given and also matching tech advancement or a huge amount of Bio Science backup.

Calm down, FMAB fanboy.
Jun 29, 2019 1:29 AM
Aug 2017
AnimeLove10 said:
darkstom248 said:

Okay so you are saying there is supernatural stuff in it. Well then i must say the way the story has been moving forward it was always felt more like science and less supernatural fantasy.

I AM NOT A FMAB FANBOY. My 3 most favorite is FMAB, STEINS GATE, SAMURAI CHAMPLOO (English DUB because its the only anime where Japanese Dub sucks big time). I planed to add AOT to the same list but the lore just did not fit right. The way everything has been going it really felt more like Sci-Fi than supernatural fantasy. If you ask me they did not do a good job establishing the fact that things could be supernatural also. FMAB was able to clearly do that from the beginning and maintain the mystery also.

Instead of accusing people without discussion, why not first try to answer the questions and clear the doubts? I am clearly a person of reason. I have clearly liked the anime till now and never made any negative comments. Its jut the lore felt wrong since its gave off the feeling of sci-fi.

I do not plan to drop the anime. Its an amazing thriller for sure. I will keep watching it for just that. If anyone asks me your favorite thriller anime? AOT will be my answer. But story wise it will always feel wrong. But lets see what happens. There is still a lot to be seen and more to come. I really hope i get the satisfaction i am looking for.
I mean you say it has been a sci-fi till now but there have been flesh mechs that control peoples' memories by screaming and you can steal the flesh mechs by eating another flesh mech while being a dumb flesh mech that can be killed by mechanical Spidermen. This show was obviously set up to be a hard fantasy. The show and manga have always been labeled as a fantasy. Just because they use "science" to describe things that are happening around them doesn't make it a sci-fi. Even then, being sci-fi doesn't mean you can't have supernatural elements present. Like I said in the last post, even manga readers don't know if origins of titans is supernatural or scientific in origin, so honestly it could still be some kind of sci-fi "watch what you create" story. We don't know. But I doubt it. Like I said in my last post, if you don't like the lore now you aren't going to like were it goes in the future since it just goes heavier into the fantasy elements.
darkstom248Jun 29, 2019 1:33 AM
Jun 29, 2019 1:31 AM
Aug 2017
deg said:

@darkstom248

That is true. I've actually been really digging into that theory and like it a lot.
Jun 29, 2019 1:44 AM

Feb 2018
AnimeLove10 said:

The world outside is the post-industrial era and the world inside the world is pre-industrial era. One of the biggest hints on this is the existence of coffee outside the walls while the ones inside don't have the clue about coffee. Remember that the walls were built 107 years ago, meaning that the world inside is obviously behind the world outside by 107 years, which is significant if you consider 18th and 19th century.

The world outside has enough technology to counter any titan threat and the reason why Marley planned to infiltrate Paradis was because of the increasing need of resources, and the decreasing power of the titans they used to control.
Jun 29, 2019 1:48 AM
Jun 2019
Chrome_Falcon said:
AnimeLove10 said:

They gave that tag to keep people confused. They need to give a very clear definition as whether the Titan process is Science or Magic.
Jun 29, 2019 1:59 AM

Jun 2017
AnimeLove10 said:
Chrome_Falcon said:

They gave that tag to keep people confused. They need to give a very clear definition as whether the Titan process is Science or Magic.

Why should they do that? It is a mystery series and it is not even over yet. The characters in the story are also figuring out the titan power's true nature.
Jun 29, 2019 2:05 AM

May 2014
I much preferred how unknown everything felt in season 1 and i wish it just stayed that way to be honest. Have the story end with everybody dying before figuring out the truth, so viewers can have their own theories. Like they're all in hell and the titans are devils or something. I don't know, i just like stories like that XD

Having said that i still enjoy titan. Even if there's a bit too much talking about stuff i don't really care about. The directing, soundtrack etc manage to make it all engaging. Have to see how seasons 2 + 3 hold up on a re-watch.
Jun 29, 2019 5:10 AM
May 2017
fancyjasper said:
I much preferred how unknown everything felt in season 1 and i wish it just stayed that way to be honest. Have the story end with everybody dying before figuring out the truth, so viewers can have their own theories. Like they're all in hell and the titans are devils or something. I don't know, i just like stories like that XD.

So you wanted an Evangellion formula, ehh a lot of folks wouldn't like that!! You can just pretend S3 doesn't exist i guess
Jun 29, 2019 5:14 AM
Aug 2017
AnimeLove10 said:
Chrome_Falcon said:

I mean it's not to keep people confused at all. That doesn't even make sense. It has that tag cause it's that genre. Or the author planned it to be, which he did from the beginning. And part of the point is that the answer isn't given. None of the people alive have any of the answers. They are operating off of 2000 year old information that has in canon been said to basically be a fairy tale. You're kinda missing the point by "needing" that told to you.
Jun 29, 2019 7:15 AM
Aug 2017
You are either baiting or straight up stupid OP.

1. Paths are considered to be supernatural and supernatural things are just used as a setup for the story. They are not supposed to be completely explained

2. FMAB doesn't have a great magic system, period. In fact anime in general doesn't have magic systems that are comparable to best hard magic systems in fantasy. So stop spewing nonsense and go read some books
Jun 29, 2019 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
AnimeLove10 said:
darkstom248 said:

Your entire post is bogus. Use your logic, is there anyway we can truly know what happened 2000 years ago? No. There's no record. Its not like the Marleyans found an old letter saying "Yo, this chick called Ymir made a deal with the Earth devil and gained the Power of the Titans". You're too simple minded to understand just how many real world issues and problems Attack on Titan addresses.
Jun 29, 2019 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
honestly your entire post is cringe. It's like trying to make an argument, but it fails miserably to the point its entirely laughable. But if you want some evidence that this show has been hinting at the supernatural...

Matter cant be created out of thin air. The bodies of titans appear out of thin air. This was even mentioned in the anime as something they thought to be supernatural. Including the fact that the flesh of the titans is actually very light. Then you also get "lightning from the sky" when they transform. If youre a scifi dude, AoT is not for you.
removed-userJun 29, 2019 8:37 AM
Jun 29, 2019 8:54 AM
Jun 2019
fancyjasper said:
I much preferred how unknown everything felt in season 1 and i wish it just stayed that way to be honest. Have the story end with everybody dying before figuring out the truth, so viewers can have their own theories. Like they're all in hell and the titans are devils or something. I don't know, i just like stories like that XD

Having said that i still enjoy titan. Even if there's a bit too much talking about stuff i don't really care about. The directing, soundtrack etc manage to make it all engaging. Have to see how seasons 2 + 3 hold up on a re-watch.
Lol, that's how the writer planned for the story to end, but after gaining popularity he started focusing on building the world and story instead of an apocalyptic ending without explaining the causes as originally planned.
Jun 29, 2019 9:34 AM

May 2014
v_max said:
fancyjasper said:

Lol, that's how the writer planned for the story to end, but after gaining popularity he started focusing on building the world and story instead of an apocalyptic ending without explaining the causes as originally planned.

Yeah i remember hearing that his original ending was everyone died or something. Kind of a shame he changed it due to the popularity of the series. I feel like he wasn't very resolute with his ideas since he was willing to alter it like that. But it's his manga so he can do whatever he wants of course. I'm sure a lot of fans are happy the characters they love won't die.
Jun 29, 2019 9:38 AM

Oct 2013
fancyjasper said:
v_max said:

Yeah i remember hearing that his original ending was everyone died or something. Kind of a shame he changed it due to the popularity of the series. I feel like he wasn't very resolute with his ideas since he was willing to alter it like that. But it's his manga so he can do whatever he wants of course. I'm sure a lot of fans are happy the characters they love won't die.

Too bad that is not the case.
Jun 29, 2019 9:41 AM

May 2014
keragamming said:
fancyjasper said:

Oh has one of the main characters: Mikasa, Armin or Eren died in the manga? I don't mind about spoilers.
Jun 29, 2019 9:53 AM
Aug 2018
Action, Military, Mystery, Super Power, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen

These are the tags for season 1 of AoT on MAL. Do you see Sci-Fi anywhere on there? No. The tag that IS there is Fantasy. So if you thought that AoT was a sci-fi this whole time then honestly that's on you.

It seems to be that a lot of people had a similar theory(myself included in season 1) that this was an Experiments Gone Wrong story. I think most of us thought it was that because there's a million Experiments Gone Wrong stories out there and we are now so used to this generic shit that we expected AoT to be the same. I'm so glad it turned out to be something completely different than that.

Edit: Also your theory about "Humans became too advanced and almost destroyed the planet. Nazi Environmentalists decided its best to kill their own race and allow the planet to survive."
Do you realize how this too is extremely generic? I can't even count how many movies/tv shows I've seen with a premise like this. I have no clue why you would want AoT to be this.
sufferboiJun 29, 2019 9:58 AM
Jun 29, 2019 10:01 AM
Aug 2018
fancyjasper said:
keragamming said:

Oh has one of the main characters: Mikasa, Armin or Eren died in the manga? I don't mind about spoilers.

It's not spoilers. If you watched the latest episode then you know that all titan shifters have a death sentence of 13 years. Eren and Armin are both titan shifters. So..
Jun 29, 2019 10:03 AM

May 2014
crazey said:
fancyjasper said:

It's not spoilers. If you watched the latest episode then you know that all titan shifters have a death sentence of 13 years. Eren and Armin are both titan shifters. So..

Yeah i know they'll die eventually, but i wonder if they'll be dead before the manga ends.
Jun 29, 2019 10:12 AM
Aug 2018
fancyjasper said:
crazey said:

Yeah i know they'll die eventually, but i wonder if they'll be dead before the manga ends.

Manga Spoilers

Jun 29, 2019 10:18 AM

May 2014
crazey said:
fancyjasper said:

Manga Spoilers

It'll be interesting to see what happens then. I'm putting my bets on there being a cure, but we'll have to wait and see. For the record i still really enjoy titan. I don't give 9's to anime i dislike and i'll definitely be re-watching it all from the beginning sometime. I just think i would've liked what it could've been even more, that's all.
Jun 29, 2019 10:37 AM

Oct 2013
Janethan23 said:
It's not too late to drop the show.

It's funny to see people who stick so long to a franchise they see as dumb and illogical. If I see something that does not entertain me nor starts to get stupid and/or boring, I'm simply losing interest, even if I complete its first season.

SnK haters seem to act and feel way different than I described above and like to annoy themselves. Like, if SnK's world is that bad, then why a viewer who thinks so would waste his/her time on it by watching further episodes and even making it to Season 3 Part 2? That's strange for me, but whatever.
Jun 29, 2019 11:03 AM

May 2016
crazey said:
fancyjasper said:

Manga Spoilers

-
Jun 29, 2019 11:07 AM
Jan 2018
What we got are two versions of history from both eldians and marleyans in which both of them couldn't be true......
What the author meant here is right now to the story the origin of titans is not that important to the current revelation and also it happened around 2000 years ago....so there is no way there should be an accurate version of history.....
Only way we can find out the accurate version of history is through the founding Titan's (ymir's) memories, but eren has it now so cannot access it as he is not a royal blood
Jun 29, 2019 11:09 AM
Jun 2019
AnimeLove10 said:

Firstly, let me give some supportive arguments.

In the episode where they show outside of the walls for the first time, looking at the airship and surroundings, the first image that came to my mind was World war era Europe.This may be a small point but it stealthily gives you a Sci-Fi vibe and you might automatically start trying to think for a scientific-based explanation instead of a fantasy/supernatural one.Ignoring the titans themselves,everything else is scientific-based and that's what made the show great,because we can imagine it being more close to our world(the real world) instead of a fantasy world and actually be horrified when a titan approaches and eats someone.(From now onwards, since you became unhappy after the lore reveal,I will mostly restrict myself to provide arguments from before season 3 part 2).
Also, setting aside the titans there are a few things which may not sit right with some people.For instance,the ODM gear is really high-tech but almost everything else is from a medieval era which is not really a consistent thing.With the tech they have they can also create and use guns instead of swords for safer engagement.So yeah AoT does give a seemingly predominant sci-fi vibe and may be perceived weirdly and I can see where you are coming from.

But,

CALM THE HELL DOWN BOI!!

Where do i even begin?You are looking at this in a closed minded perspective.
There has always been hinting of supernatural elements in the show.Consider how the titans are biologically advanced but the 'medieval' kings had full knowledge about the titans.And how the hell do you scientifically account for the Reiss family(ordinary humans?) erasing the memories of the wall citizens without the usage of some supernatural power.
One of my favorite anime is Code Geass (Idk if you watched it) and it is exceptionally similar to AoT in the sense that it is sci-fi(Mecha) based with a tinge of supernatural in the form of a power called Geass.This harmonious blend of sci-fi and fantasy/supernatural is a unique defining 'FEATURE' of both these shows and that is what makes them amazing.
AoT is NOT only a Sci-fi show and is also NOT only a fantasy show but a SCI-FI+FANTASY show and the only reason you are disappointed is because you have closed your eyes to this fact and having your own expectations of things to be and come.When i first got into anime i was watching mostly mainstream battle shounen series and after watching Steins Gate soon after i hated it.That's because my brain was not configured to appreciate Steins gate at that time and after recently re-watching it again it instantly became one of my favorites.Similarly your brain is too fixated at the moment.I am not against you being disappointed in AoT but you are different from other haters because your disappointment is being triggered by your hidden expectations.The best way to enjoy anime is too jump in without expectations and let the author paint his world onto you otherwise there will be contrast(happened to me several times in the past).
Coming to the topic of FMAB, it also has few inconsistencies and flaws(just google them coz i watched the show long ago and cant remember them) but yet you are extremely prejudiced to FMAB but are radically hostile towards AoT.Personally i remember it being not fully satisfying to me that's why i gave it an 8/10.
I agree that the lore of AoT is a bit lack lustre and could have been much different and better but i did not make the same mistake as you in expecting the author to concoct anything remotely similar to your pet theories and hence i am able to look forward with curiosity.I cannot stress this enough but an apple wont taste good to you if you were craving an orange instead so please understand that whatever Aot has are FEATURES unique to it and must not be compared with other things in mind.
I have a feeling that you won't agree with me right now but one day you will realize that your post is written from a wrong perspective of thought(irrespective of whether you like the lore or not).
Also you have attracted a lot of hate posts which inspite of being biased arguments are entirely TRUE and I am the only one who had the patience to elaborate.

v_maxJun 29, 2019 11:18 AM
Jun 29, 2019 11:23 AM
Feb 2019
As far as we know it's a magic power granted Ymir by the devil. There's no scientific way to explain light meat appearing out of nowhere and P A T H S. The world of aot is like Earth but inverted both horizontally and vertically. It's clearly a different reality.
Jun 29, 2019 11:24 AM

May 2016
crazey said:
SheevPalpatine said:

-
Jun 29, 2019 1:51 PM
May 2017
crazey said:
SheevPalpatine said:

Sometimes its not about having plot armour or not, i mean Akame ga Kill is an example of a show that had no chill, and i haven't seen anybody praising it, people just say: ohh its for the shock value!!
Honestly it fascinates me that folks are so obsessed with Death, in a series like this, if you gonna kill characters it needs to have consequences, even if by the end almost everybody survives, if its well written i don't see the problem. If Isayama doesn't make his characters survive in unrealistic situations or kill characters randomly for the sake of killing, its all good, at the end of the day it needs to be well written, wether if the characters die or not, im happy that he wasn't satisfied with end of GOT, so he knows what to do
Jun 29, 2019 3:02 PM

Sep 2018
Remember this sentence of Eren Kruger "The only truth of this world is that there is no truth, anyone can be a demon or god, all it takes is for people to believe it"
I keep moving forward
Jun 30, 2019 12:37 AM

Dec 2015
bro did you just say something negative about the best anime ever created???! bait!!!!!!!!!!! mods close this!
no
Jun 30, 2019 1:58 AM

Apr 2019
none of what you say even makes any sense
also this show isn't over

also your expectations are weird af, id rather not have that
im quite happy with what we have
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 30, 2019 2:53 AM

Jun 2014
AnimeLove10 said:
darkstom248 said:

I always find it so amusing when people say, some fictional work isn't consistent with science. There is a reason it is called fiction.
FMAB i found it monotonous and deliberately prolonged. But for the remaining two of your favorite they are also my favorite anime. Now if we are onto the point of Science then:
For Steins Gate - Remember the mechanism they used to send memory back, they used kerr black hole from cern to compress the memory and send it back.Becoz they only had a limit of sending a limited number of bytes.
But if we speak with real science black hole if ever created by cern would be so minuscule that it wont last to some fraction of a second. So it would be impossible to use such a thing for time travel. IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT REAL SCIENCE THO. That's why it is called SCI-Fi. Some science and A lot fiction.

Samurai Champloo - The setting was historical most likely between 17-18 Century but we see people rapping and making graffiti with paint cans. So how in the hell was that possible. But i have no issue with it as it was a mix between classical and modern culture so i adored the concept. JUST USING YOUR LOGIC TO GIVE YOU A PROOF BY CONTRADICTION.
As for SNK There is a reason it has Super Power , Mystery , Fantasy tag in the Genre category.

As for the route you mentioned which the writer should have gone, i strongly disagree i think it would have been a typical route adopted by other anime i.e there was some big conspiracy and experimentation done by some human organization. How Quadrillion times have we seen this shit.
Personally, the route Isayama took is far more engrossing, compelling and leads to more conflict. I doubt this would have gone the same way if chosen that experimentation route. This will compound the conflict as the fight with two species will intensify.

PiedPiper_Jun 30, 2019 2:59 AM
Jun 30, 2019 3:22 AM
Jun 2019
v_max said:
AnimeLove10 said:

Firstly, let me give some supportive arguments.

In the episode where they show outside of the walls for the first time, looking at the airship and surroundings, the first image that came to my mind was World war era Europe.This may be a small point but it stealthily gives you a Sci-Fi vibe and you might automatically start trying to think for a scientific-based explanation instead of a fantasy/supernatural one.Ignoring the titans themselves,everything else is scientific-based and that's what made the show great,because we can imagine it being more close to our world(the real world) instead of a fantasy world and actually be horrified when a titan approaches and eats someone.(From now onwards, since you became unhappy after the lore reveal,I will mostly restrict myself to provide arguments from before season 3 part 2).
Also, setting aside the titans there are a few things which may not sit right with some people.For instance,the ODM gear is really high-tech but almost everything else is from a medieval era which is not really a consistent thing.With the tech they have they can also create and use guns instead of swords for safer engagement.So yeah AoT does give a seemingly predominant sci-fi vibe and may be perceived weirdly and I can see where you are coming from.

But,

CALM THE HELL DOWN BOI!!

Where do i even begin?You are looking at this in a closed minded perspective.
There has always been hinting of supernatural elements in the show.Consider how the titans are biologically advanced but the 'medieval' kings had full knowledge about the titans.And how the hell do you scientifically account for the Reiss family(ordinary humans?) erasing the memories of the wall citizens without the usage of some supernatural power.
One of my favorite anime is Code Geass (Idk if you watched it) and it is exceptionally similar to AoT in the sense that it is sci-fi(Mecha) based with a tinge of supernatural in the form of a power called Geass.This harmonious blend of sci-fi and fantasy/supernatural is a unique defining 'FEATURE' of both these shows and that is what makes them amazing.
AoT is NOT only a Sci-fi show and is also NOT only a fantasy show but a SCI-FI+FANTASY show and the only reason you are disappointed is because you have closed your eyes to this fact and having your own expectations of things to be and come.When i first got into anime i was watching mostly mainstream battle shounen series and after watching Steins Gate soon after i hated it.That's because my brain was not configured to appreciate Steins gate at that time and after recently re-watching it again it instantly became one of my favorites.Similarly your brain is too fixated at the moment.I am not against you being disappointed in AoT but you are different from other haters because your disappointment is being triggered by your hidden expectations.The best way to enjoy anime is too jump in without expectations and let the author paint his world onto you otherwise there will be contrast(happened to me several times in the past).
Coming to the topic of FMAB, it also has few inconsistencies and flaws(just google them coz i watched the show long ago and cant remember them) but yet you are extremely prejudiced to FMAB but are radically hostile towards AoT.Personally i remember it being not fully satisfying to me that's why i gave it an 8/10.
I agree that the lore of AoT is a bit lack lustre and could have been much different and better but i did not make the same mistake as you in expecting the author to concoct anything remotely similar to your pet theories and hence i am able to look forward with curiosity.I cannot stress this enough but an apple wont taste good to you if you were craving an orange instead so please understand that whatever Aot has are FEATURES unique to it and must not be compared with other things in mind.
I have a feeling that you won't agree with me right now but one day you will realize that your post is written from a wrong perspective of thought(irrespective of whether you like the lore or not).
Also you have attracted a lot of hate posts which inspite of being biased arguments are entirely TRUE and I am the only one who had the patience to elaborate.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH YOU GAVE ME PEACE OF MIND. :) I truely appreciate your sense of reasoning and patience. Thank you so much for clearing out how i am wrong and how the anime works. I really hope that someday i will begin to truly love this anime for exactly what it is. I am happy that instead of calling me a hater you did agree to one of my points that the Lore is Lackluster /bland. You are truly open minded and neutral thinker. I hope i can think more like you in future.
AnimeLove10Jun 30, 2019 3:28 AM
Jun 30, 2019 3:33 AM
Jun 2019
AnimeLove10 said:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH YOU GAVE ME PEACE OF MIND. :)

Glad i could be of help. Feel free to openly discuss more on anything else. ;)
Jun 30, 2019 3:39 AM

Aug 2012
Roronoa said:
bro did you just say something negative about the best anime ever created???! bait!!!!!!!!!!! mods close this!

But shingeki no kyojin is the best anime ever.
The attack titan sought freedom. We the manga readers sought the truth about the origin of the titans. Thats the parallell Isayama meant. We are all the attack titan
Its very sad that you cant grasp the deepness of shingeki no kyojin.
You will always be the slave, the one happy to be encaged.
Jun 30, 2019 3:52 AM
Jun 2019
PiedPiper_ said:
AnimeLove10 said:

I always find it so amusing when people say, some fictional work isn't consistent with science. There is a reason it is called fiction.
FMAB i found it monotonous and deliberately prolonged. But for the remaining two of your favorite they are also my favorite anime. Now if we are onto the point of Science then:
For Steins Gate - Remember the mechanism they used to send memory back, they used kerr black hole from cern to compress the memory and send it back.Becoz they only had a limit of sending a limited number of bytes.
But if we speak with real science black hole if ever created by cern would be so minuscule that it wont last to some fraction of a second. So it would be impossible to use such a thing for time travel. IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT REAL SCIENCE THO. That's why it is called SCI-Fi. Some science and A lot fiction.

Samurai Champloo - The setting was historical most likely between 17-18 Century but we see people rapping and making graffiti with paint cans. So how in the hell was that possible. But i have no issue with it as it was a mix between classical and modern culture so i adored the concept. JUST USING YOUR LOGIC TO GIVE YOU A PROOF BY CONTRADICTION.
As for SNK There is a reason it has Super Power , Mystery , Fantasy tag in the Genre category.

As for the route you mentioned which the writer should have gone, i strongly disagree i think it would have been a typical route adopted by other anime i.e there was some big conspiracy and experimentation done by some human organization. How Quadrillion times have we seen this shit.
Personally, the route Isayama took is far more engrossing, compelling and leads to more conflict. I doubt this would have gone the same way if chosen that experimentation route. This will compound the conflict as the fight with two species will intensify.

I understand what you are trying to say.
But what you are not understanding is a certain expectations from the Anime. Expectations NOT Accuracy.
Also let me 1st clarify i am well aware of Samurai Champloo's unrealistic, strange, no logic whatsoever fun ride. But that is the point. It never made my mind have any logical expectations from it.
Also STEINS GATE it was a Solid Sci-fi fun. Was it accurate ? NO WAY in hell. But totally fulfilled my expectations of a nice complex sci-fi fun ride.
FMAB my expectations was a nice Magical, Paranormal, Supernatural world. It did a fantastic job to fulfill this expectation. It was about Alchemy, Souls, God / Creator, Homunculus. Its world felt near perfect. It was able to seemingly meld Magic with Military and war. It created its own logical world. None of it makes any sense realistically BUT make perfect sense in its own world.
AOT is highly addictive action/ Thriller no doubt. But the way it went .... it messed up my expectations. EVEN IF MY EXPECTATIONS WERE WRONG STILL THE LORE IS LACKLUSTER /BLAND. I will not drop it and love it for its Thriller/ Action.
Jun 30, 2019 4:40 AM

Jun 2017
@AnimeLove10
Your expectations may not have been met. It is perfectly understandable. But when you post with a newly created account that has only one anime in your list that too with a 10 rating, your intentions become suspicious.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2019

458 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

800 by Gojo_Joestar567 »»
Mar 23, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

667 by Apreggi »»
Mar 20, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

405 by Apreggi »»
Mar 20, 8:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.