Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2019 11:44 AM

Sep 2017
Honestly the last few episodes have felt awfully rushed, and the animation quality ended up being quite worse than what I expected from the studio that made Made in Abyss...

Naofumi still had an enjoyable character arc, and I really like his relationship with Raphtalia. However Filo and Melty I don't enjoy so much and find them flat like cardboard.

I'm torn between a 5 and 6, but this last episode rushed the joining of this other green haired girl so much I didn't even had time to memorize her name, so a 5 it is.
Jun 26, 2019 11:46 AM

Jan 2015
Any Light Novel readers in here who could tell us what was changed in anime's finale and how was the adaptation overall?
Jun 26, 2019 11:53 AM

Aug 2015
Nurguburu said:
And...it's over. Honestly, I expected something more dark after the first 4 episodes but nevermind. I was scared in some episodes (7-8) but I was surprised by how handled the comedy with the amount of dark stuff behind. Helpful and friendly cast. Some weak episodes in the middle but it's a refreshing air from most generic isekai (Kenja no Mago) or failed attempts (Slime). This is a redemption story. Best isekai since Re: Zero and Konosuba.

Farewell Naofumi, Raphtalia and Filo! 8/10 for the anime.

And yet that so called 'failed attempt' has gotten a second season(just after the final episode) and has an equal score to this,not to mention that both LN and Manga version of slime always ranks in top 10

Fyi,i do liked the shield hero too but downplaying one great anime, for the other, is no good
Jun 26, 2019 11:56 AM

Apr 2012
I liked the first part more and the second part felt a little bit streched and the way they seems to teleport all over the places (second part) takes away what little adventure this anime had.
6/10, no rewatch value, but would watch the second season, if there's any.
Jun 26, 2019 11:58 AM
Feb 2019
Raphtalia and others were ordered to fight L'arc and Therese but instead of doing their job they were just standing there and looking, even allowing L'arc to throw the potion. No anime with this kind of stuff can be taken seriously.
Jun 26, 2019 11:59 AM

Dec 2011
This episode was missing alot of the qualities that made this particular Glass fight so interesting in the source material... and I despise the way they have taken all agency away from the queen.

In the source material, Naofumi didn't ask to become lord of the demi-human village, the queen bestowed it onto him as a reward. This was to further her plans... because as I stated the last time they fucked up her character, she's supposed to be an incredibly intelligence and manipulative woman.

All in all, it wasn't a masterpiece of a series. I did enjoy it... but I feel like they could have adapted it more faithfully to keep it more interesting.
Jun 26, 2019 12:00 PM

May 2014
And so, another instance of "this isekai is the good one, different from others" sentence turning out to be false is over. The rate of success keeps at 0 hits.

Today's lesson: Don't believe that sentence anymore, since isekais fanboys like to overhype things disguised of something different among the genre but actually they're more of the same with one of two minor changes to bait easily impressible people.

Now the shitstorm is over, but don't you think you are free and safe: it is going to come back with Arifureta and Mushoku Tensei, again, isekais labeled as "the good ones" and "different from others"...
Rhapsody-Jun 26, 2019 12:05 PM
Jun 26, 2019 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
An acceptable ending, but not overly interesting, plus it doesn't sound like there's a season 2 coming any time soon (though with how popular this seems to be, that may well change).

Overall, I'm not really sure how I feel about this show. It was certainly better than the average isekai show, but it was never outstanding, and at times it was pretty frustrating and perhaps overly predictable.

Perhaps slightly harsh, but I guess I'll go 7/10 as it just doesn't feel like it's worthy of an 8 at all.
Jun 26, 2019 12:03 PM

Dec 2017
FreezePeach said:

In the LN it at least wasn't as bad since Nao was actually involved in her troubles because it reminded him of himself at the beginning, hence him going after her and saving her from drowning with help of Filo.
And these events would be completely out of place in the very end of S1. There are much more important events. Messing up the end of season to cram in pointless boring story about 3rd rate insignificant character is the best way to ensure there is no next season.

Would you have read correctly, I did say I didn't want them to include it, but rather leave it out, you should read better.
I only mentioned the LN because I prefered how they did it there.

Fortunately no one cares. It is impossible to satisfy every single fan, there always will be outliers who want some pointless detail crammed where it doesn't belong. For every such fan there are thousands who would be disappointed by resulting mess. I think your ideas are rather unreasonable, I explained why. Agree to disagree.

Again, reading correctly would help out a lot, but luckily I also don't care about your opinion as well, have a nice day, lol.
BlackLatiasJun 26, 2019 12:08 PM
Jun 26, 2019 12:04 PM
Nov 2011
Zinzoo said:
Any Light Novel readers in here who could tell us what was changed in anime's finale and how was the adaptation overall?

The ending pretty much ends in a good place without starting new plot threads. They changed the order for introduction of Rishia, who should have been introduced before the Wave started.
They changed Naofumi's character quite a bit, they flipped the order of some events in order for him to seem less of an asshole at the start. Which kind of does a disservice to some other events, where he seems like a grumpy/greedy asshole for no reason. Up until episode 5 and a bit after that he acts like an anti-hero.
They also changed the queen to seem less imposing, especially at the start. Naofumi outright called for the execution of Bitch and Trash, but the queen was able to persuade him that he shouldn't do it this time. She did promise him that next time they fuck up they will get executed on the spot.
Jun 26, 2019 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
Zinzoo said:

That deserves even a separate thread to sum up all elements handled differently in LN, manga and anime.
I would love to read more about it. From what I've read ready in various discussions on the forum, there were no very important changes to the whole concept. Only some scenes that made sense in the LN were changed in the anime adaptations badly, so the whole context was basically lost.
Jun 26, 2019 12:19 PM
Feb 2009
welp shield hero finally ended really got mixed feelings about this show started pretty hyped then downhill as the episodes went by.
Jun 26, 2019 12:23 PM
Oct 2015
Ngl the ending was pretty eh, but damn, "worse series ever?" Have y'all not watched SAO or Darling in the FranXX? People are way too dramatic.
It was a fun ride, but I wanted to see more of L'Arc's fine ass.
Jun 26, 2019 12:31 PM

Dec 2013
SleepySenpaiSama said:
Ngl the ending was pretty eh, but damn, "worse series ever?" Have y'all not watched SAO or Darling in the FranXX? People are way too dramatic.

I haven't seen worse anime in years.
SAO/Darling wasn't nearly that bad.
Jun 26, 2019 12:36 PM

Jan 2009
Oonokami said:
I was a fan of the first few chapters of the manga, but the anime was underwhelming as well as rest of the manga.

Are they kissing on the roof? Can someone answer?

I think they are intentionally leaving it ambiguous in case it get's picked up for a second season, since in the other versions of the media it will leave problems unless they drastically change a few parts of the story.
Jun 26, 2019 12:40 PM
Oct 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
SleepySenpaiSama said:

I haven't seen worse anime in years.
SAO/Darling wasn't nearly that bad.

Did you not see the later arc of Darling? LOL. That was way worse than shield. You're bugging.
Jun 26, 2019 12:43 PM

Sep 2014
I wish this show had a better production... 6/10 overall. Hopefully, they won't announce another season if it's going to be like this one.
Jun 26, 2019 12:55 PM

Jan 2012
I usually dont comment much but this anime was a pleasure and has been a long time since I enjoyed a anime series.

To be honest, it was the anime that I thought SAO was like but this is basically what I am looking for.

I AM READY FOR SEASON 2!!!!
Koolman511Jun 26, 2019 1:00 PM

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jun 26, 2019 1:00 PM

Jun 2015
Yeah, this was pretty garbage. 3/4 of the time spent in this show was to make us hate Bitch hence making 3/4 of the anime useless and uninteresting. It only became interesting at the end with the multiple worlds needing saving plot twist. All in all it was a waste of time but maybe a second season that will expand the story will be better. For now 4/10
Fortune favours the bold!

Jun 26, 2019 1:01 PM

Apr 2016
I think this is the most upset I've been about an Isekai mainly because of how far it fell from its stellar first episode. Damn shame.
Jun 26, 2019 1:02 PM

Jul 2015
Fanboys can’t admit to the problems of the show even when presented with valid arguments. They would be be true fans if the at least acknowledged the criticism and still say they still enjoy it. Instead these threads consisted of

“If you don’t like it don’t watch”
“ Pointless ranting by those who don’t like the show”
“They just enjoy trolling and shitposting”
“You must not have a life if you can hate this much on a fictional show”
Jun 26, 2019 1:03 PM

Feb 2015
I think this was a pretty good isseki show. I didn't care much for the first arc but the animation and characters were good. There were some shortcomings with the writing, it's not on the same level as Re:Zero or Overlord in that's respect. I'd be happy to watch a second season but at the same time the final episode was satisfying.
Jun 26, 2019 1:11 PM

Nov 2017
GosuDR said:
No one cares about your opinion

Looks like you DO care since you are replying back. Dude, you are contradicting yourself. LMAO.
Jun 26, 2019 1:13 PM

Jan 2008
It's a 6/10 for me, but I'm wavering on a 5 too. I'm mainly going to blame it on the fact that I came into this series having read the manga, and it's rare that a manga and an anime is so vastly different from one another. Dragon Ball Super is like that too, and it's jarring. Eventually you have to pick one over the other, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the manga of Shield Hero. I'm mixed on the anime. I know it's closer to the LN than the manga, and that's fine. I didn't hate this, but didn't like it either. The first dozen episodes I'll always enjoy, but these last few were a bit much. I don't know. It's passable. If there's a second season I'd give it a try and see what other differences there were, but if there's not, then that's fine too.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 26, 2019 1:15 PM

Mar 2010
Would trade the three heroes from naofumis for L'Arc,Theresa and Glass.
Jun 26, 2019 1:15 PM

May 2013
Holy shit this show is overrated. What a waste of a story.

Usually, this type of stuff is right up my alley, and even mediocre stuff seems great to me. I was excited since an Isekai with over 8.2 on MAL would surely be a blast to watch.

I was so wrong. All I feel is apathy. Apart from the main character literally everyone else was severely uninteresting, and even he was meh.
How the hell did this get such a high score? It's been 8 years of Isekai since SAO and this is the best they could do? How do you mess it up so bad? Just do the fucking tropes correctly, that's all these anime are.

Did I wait 2 seasons for this? I feel scammed.
Jun 26, 2019 1:18 PM

May 2018
Eucli said:

Usually, this type of stuff is right up my alley, and even mediocre stuff seems great to me. I was excited since an Isekai with over 8.2 on MAL would surely be a blast to watch.

I was so wrong. All I feel is apathy. Apart from the main character literally everyone else was severely uninteresting, and even he was meh.
How the hell did this get such a high score? It's been 8 years of Isekai since SAO and this is the best they could do? How do you mess it up so bad? Just do the fucking tropes correctly, that's all these anime are.

saying overrated when fav list contains overhyped and overrated anime.

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Jun 26, 2019 1:19 PM

May 2018
Anyone saying this anime is OVERRATED or bad must be a newb to anime or wants a story like "Your Name".

Jun 26, 2019 1:21 PM

May 2013
Kirito201811 said:
Eucli said:

How is that an argument about this show?
Would my opinion be invalid if I liked pineapple on pizza too?
Jeez
Jun 26, 2019 1:24 PM

Oct 2018
Great episode, I really like the fight at the beginning

Damn, I will really miss this anime :(
I've always looked forward to Wednesdays because of it
Jun 26, 2019 1:26 PM

May 2009
That was a cute and positive ending of the season; even if it doesn't feel like the end of the story at all. That's why I'm hoping for another season.
That moment Raphtalia and Shield hero hugged, seemed like it could have been a kiss too lol I think they purposely made it unclear, and I wish they didn't, cause I want to know what their relationship is.
Overall fine show, I would give it ~7/10.
Jun 26, 2019 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
Was it a kiss ! yes ? no ? i'm drunk can't decide.
Jun 26, 2019 1:27 PM
Sep 2018
I still remember.
The first day of this year the first ep aired (pre-release) giving us the most hated girl and adorable raccoon of all time.It's saying hard saying goodbye to this anime after 6 months of journey.
WE NEED S2
Jun 26, 2019 1:30 PM

May 2018
Eucli said:
Kirito201811 said:

Jeez

This anime had plot, character development and many other features.

Looks like the typical popular anime series is right up your streak. Might as well throw SAO up there and the naturo/bleach.

Jun 26, 2019 1:34 PM

Oct 2016
I haven't enjoyed hate-watching an anime this much since Sword Art Online. This show blows. I hope they make a season 2 so I can keep making fun of it.
Jun 26, 2019 1:40 PM

May 2018
Talcon said:
I haven't enjoyed hate-watching an anime this much since Sword Art Online. This show blows. I hope they make a season 2 so I can keep making fun of it.

Explain please. A quick look at your fav list, can list many flaws but I will keep it to subject

Jun 26, 2019 1:47 PM

May 2013
Kirito201811 said:
Eucli said:

Jeez

Looks like the typical popular anime series is right up your streak. Might as well throw SAO up there and the naturo/bleach.

Oh man, I've missed the forums.
Dude are you hearing yourself?
This anime had a plot? Every story has a plot. Even children's picture books have a plot. My dad's lousy jokes have a plot. It doesn't mean that it's a good plot. Don't get me started on character development. My uncle's pinky nail, he be growing for the past two months has better character development.

I also love how you're calling them features like they are extra cupholders that come with the purchase of a scooter.

Anyway, I'm being too harsh man. Seeing as you're throwing SAO and the likes around like it's an insult, I guess you must be new around here. Don't take everything too seriously, who cares if a random asshole doesn't like what you like.

I have fond memories of SAO, I might as well actually throw it up there, cheers!
Jun 26, 2019 1:51 PM

Dec 2016
Kirito201811 said:

Hold the phone. The only character development in this anime was rushed and superficial. The plot was contrived and nonsensical.

Do I need to go over specific examples AGAIN?
Jun 26, 2019 1:53 PM

Apr 2015
Naofumi vs Glass was pretty interesting, especially with the Soul Eater Shield. Nice battle, once more Noafumi and his party does all the work. Not that it's surprising anymore.

Naofumi becoming a Lord is something I didn't expect, the part where Raphtalia got so emotional was pretty sad and it almost got my hopes up in the end. I swear this angle...

Pretty typical ending for an Anime adaptation where the source material is so far ahead.

I would love to see a second season, but please don't make me wait many years.

9/10, Really enjoyed the Anime as a whole!
Jun 26, 2019 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
hm it was good overall , i dont like how it just has to fall into "mc is always right" trope , i thought this was gonna be different bc there were 4 heroes instead of one but instead of using the 3 other heroes to spice the formula up the writer made it worse

tbh just sacrifice our dimension instead of one of the isekai ones , we dont have magic rip tho having video games mechanic like its a VR game from our world in a fantasy world just feels contradictory
Jun 26, 2019 1:55 PM
May 2019
yeah the ending was kinda underwhelming and i was expecting more from the fight against glass...and they threw in another female character for no reason...i also hate the fact that tge other heroes dont do much at all...but it's not a bad anime for all its worth so 6.5/10
Jun 26, 2019 1:58 PM

May 2018
a good adaptation, although it felt rushed at the end
Jun 26, 2019 2:01 PM

Oct 2016
Kirito201811 said:
Talcon said:

Explain please. A quick look at your fav list, can list many flaws but I will keep it to subject

I have multiple problems with Shield Hero, many of which outside the scope of episode 25, the subject of this thread. If you have any problems with the shows I like, feel free to DM me
Jun 26, 2019 2:01 PM
Feb 2019
Hey, I want to read the manga now that the show is finished. Ive seen that there isnt too many chapters left since the anime finished. But I was wondering whether I could read manga from where anime left off or start from beginning.

Ps. I dont read much manga.
Jun 26, 2019 2:02 PM

Sep 2014
I have a love hate relationship for this anime. I love the original setting and the first episodes, but I hate all the wasted potential and that it basically turned into generic isekai.

Im still interested and would like a second season, I have been told however the story doesnt get better anymore which is a shame.

Sadly Re Zero and Konosuba remain the only good Isekais in recent years.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 26, 2019 2:03 PM

Apr 2009
Rhapsody- said:
And so, another instance of "this isekai is the good one, different from others" sentence turning out to be false is over. The rate of success keeps at 0 hits.

Today's lesson: Don't believe that sentence anymore, since isekais fanboys like to overhype things disguised of something different among the genre but actually they're more of the same with one of two minor changes to bait easily impressible people.

Now the shitstorm is over, but don't you think you are free and safe: it is going to come back with Arifureta and Mushoku Tensei, again, isekais labeled as "the good ones" and "different from others"...

I literally had a similar convo with my friend about Arifureta week ago.lol. He knows how much I hate this show but has been trying to get me to watch Arifureta saying its 10x better. I can't see myself even entertaining it at this point. Im blocking all summer Isekais for now.lol
Jun 26, 2019 2:05 PM

Aug 2013
jrShark said:
This show feels really kinda mediocre overall. As much as I didn't really enjoyed this anime, I always don't understand why some people would hope to rather not have a second season though. I mean, we can always choose to just not watch it and let other fans enjoy them.

I enjoyed both the opening songs though.

This
But in my case I didn't like the opening songs. The outro songs were fine.
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Jun 26, 2019 2:07 PM
Jun 2019
Didn't Naofumi kinda dodge Raphtalia's question of whether he's staying or not?
sharktenchJun 26, 2019 2:12 PM
Jun 26, 2019 2:14 PM
Mar 2015
Now we need a Shield Hero 2 to continue the fine work of our hero against the waves
Jun 26, 2019 2:25 PM

May 2015
This a good episode quite like the way they closed the book on the four hero's like how it started kind of wish they ended on that frame but oh well.

Also Raphtalia I cant help but see as an annoying clingy woman at this point. I liked her at first but to be honest my biggest complaints come from Raphtalia and Filo with Naofumi being the most interesting.

Overall though good series.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

292 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

270 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

355 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2019

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 6:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.