Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2019 9:30 AM

Dec 2016
Oh no... they have to leave all the fighting to Naofumi Emotani. Will our embattled hero be able to pull through in the face of overwhelming odds??? Nevermind, he leveled up and has a new asspull shield that lets him win on easy mode. Great character development.

The shot of Glass's world is probably one of the only remotely interesting things in this entire series. That is the mood that this show should have had - a real sense of urgency, stakes, and sacrifice. Not an inane, contrived political "intrigue" plot that had nothing to do with anything, and resulted in zero development of any character.

As it is, this new conflict of heroes trying to kill one another in order to save their respective worlds might have been an interesting premise if executed well, but the timing is completely botched. Why bring this in a couple episodes from the end of the series? Why not make this the entire series to begin with?

Instead, and just like everything else in this sad excuse for a show, the pacing is wrong, these characters are underdeveloped, and the plot is filled with conveniences to ensure that everything turns out okay for the main cast.

Nothing with the core cast has improved, either, even in the final episode of this mess. Raphtalia's motivation still makes no sense. Just defeating the waves isn't going to stop bad things from happening to people - especially when slavery is still legal. Speaking of which...

Naofumi wanting to become the lord of the lolis also makes no sense. Up to this point he has resisted doing anything remotely altruistic, and he's still going on about going back to his life as a worthless otaku shut-in. The show hasn't demonstrated any character development to explain a change of heart. "Meeting you helped me find meaning in fighting the waves." You mean buying a child slave in order to get revenge on women in general for being falsely accused of rape? Yeah, let's call that "meeting".

I guess if there is one consistent thing about this show, it's the shallow and under-developed characters. "Naoufumi-sama!!!" Good god.

This has to be one of the most overrated anime that I've ever seen, with absolutely the most rabid, braindead fanbase I've ever encountered. Hopefully the BD sales will be bad enough that there will be no second season.
SSL443Jun 27, 2019 4:18 AM
Jun 26, 2019 9:31 AM

Oct 2017
Just freaking loved it. One of my fav isekai anime now. Raphtalia best girl till the end. The fight vs glass was pretty great and the ost was lit af. Also nice Naofumi got Raphtalias village as his domain and he set up his mind to save this world as the shield hero. Gonna miss this and hope this gets a new season asap.
Jun 26, 2019 9:33 AM

Jun 2014
Gytanzo said:
.Mind if I ask what KoY stands for? I can't figure it out. AOT obviously is Attack on Titan. I forgot about Crunchyroll's involvement. That's a good point. I didn't know about Bilibili's involvement either. Thanks for the info.

Kimetsu no Yaiba, Demon Slayer. Forgive my use of abbreviations. Yeah in Shield Hero's case, I do think begging Crunchyroll to invest more actually might work since they are one of the initial investors that made the whole show possible (heck, even the first trailer years ago is dubbed in English way before Japan aired the original Japanese)

FreezePeach said:

It seems to work just fine. He is the main character, they are just few of many NPCs who make his game more difficult. It is "rising of the shield hero", no "three heroes save the world and there is also some Naofumi dude."

There has to be some bad guys in the story. If someone summoned 4 random people in 16-20 years range to another world chances that three of them are useless self centered a-holes are pretty good.

Anyway, if the story was written as you suggested it would be a just a different story and no one knows how it would turn out. What author did clearly worked just fine.

I totally understand this show is about Rising of the shield hero, but if Filoial queen's speech is any indication, then the three heroes have to work together sooner or later. At this point, Naofumi is the only one who can stop the other world heroes, because...well, he did went through a lot, that is understandable. But if the other three don't step up their game, then they really serve no contribution of the story and I start to think we might better off have a story without them since Naofumi certainly can do this with his own gang and without those other three heroes.

Based on what I read so far (vol 10 of LN), the other three will actually become even more CRINGEworthy and forgettable, and with my friends telling me the author start redeeming and power-up the other three heroes starting volume 12 (which we will NOT be able to see if there is a second season), you can tell the LN author realized that is a problem here.

By no means I am arguing if the show is good or bad, I am just not happy of this franchise's early story choice.
SmilingBeginnerJun 26, 2019 9:47 AM
Jun 26, 2019 9:37 AM

Sep 2017
Worst anime i watched this year, shit like this will surely get S2 and i will say it again those first couple of epi are lie.
Jun 26, 2019 9:39 AM

Dec 2017
I'm so conflicted about the end, lol. I did like that moment between Raphtalia and Naofumi in the end, it was really emotional and it was as good thing she asked him about it, since someone always had to disturb them before. But that it seemed like Nao wanted to stay there? That's wrong, lol.

And literally everything before that? It was changed so much and rushed, I couldn't even... like, what? And he didn't get the village until after the next arc in the LN, though I guess it isn't that bad if they did it before. But still, I was so confused I didn't appreciate that and what happened with Rishia, it was just thrown in, she should've deserved more than that?
But what am I even annoyed about, it did happen the way it did and that's it.

Do I want a second season? No, not really. Would I watch it, if it did happen? Yeah, I would.

And as an end note, I kinnda hoped Naofumi and Raphtalia would kiss in that roof scene, as I really like them together, but I'm also glad it didn't happen. It still was a nice scene, I actually enjoyed that part.
Jun 26, 2019 9:46 AM

Dec 2016
I really enjoyed this show! The ending was satisfying, although not perfect. Naofumi is too kind-hearted and It was nice he became the land lord in Raphtalia's hometown. It showed not only he cares about Raphtalia but also his party :) Can't wait for news about season 2! ^^
PurpleGirl203Jun 26, 2019 9:52 AM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 26, 2019 9:47 AM

Apr 2017
Not The best ending, felt a bit rushed, but overall pretty good anime.I remember the trailer was VERY generic but im so glad that I gave this one a chance.Solid 8/10 pretty good!
There's a lot of story to unfold so I hope we get another season
I'll miss this anime :[
DarkbxJun 26, 2019 10:05 AM
I don't typically read manga so if I get anything right please don't tell me.
Jun 26, 2019 9:47 AM
Sep 2018
Great episode and conclusion to the season,

Somethings I didn't understand though

[SPOILERS]
-Why was Glass weak to the Souls Eater shield?
-How did L'Arc and Theresa adventuring with them on the Island, if they just disappear after he wave?
-Why do those "other" heroes (Glass, L'Arc...) need to kill Naofumi and the 4 cardinal to save their world?
Jun 26, 2019 9:48 AM

Aug 2018
Akashh said:
Worst anime i watched this year, shit like this will surely get S2 and i will say it again those first couple of epi are lie.

For something you consider like the "worst anime watched this year", you sure went easy on your rating lol

Last episode was cool, I expected a longer fight vs Glass' party, but it ended up in an unexpected way. However the kind of epilogue that somehow announces nothing is finished (well that is something everybody knows considering the current source material already available) was great ! The Rising of the Shield Hero started on a betrayal & treason note, ends airing on peaceful background where everybody seems to live in harmony.

Jun 26, 2019 9:52 AM

Sep 2017
Otorez said:
Akashh said:

For something you consider like the "worst anime watched this year", you sure went easy on your rating lol

I'm lazy af so for me 1-6 scale doesn't exist, so yeah 7 score is considered as worst possible thing i watched.
Jun 26, 2019 9:53 AM

Dec 2012
iliyanski89 said:
2/10. One of the worst animes that i have watched in this first half of the year. The first episode really hyped me but after a couple more down the line it went downhill. Overhyped and full of overused cliches. Not looking forward to season 2 if it ever came out.

No one cares about your opinion

Jun 26, 2019 9:54 AM
Nov 2018
BlackLatias said:
But still, I was so confused I didn't appreciate that and what happened with Rishia, it was just thrown in, she should've deserved more than that?
Nope. She made something noticeable first time 15 minutes before the end of S1, dedicating significant part of last episode to her not very interesting story is a really bad idea. Nobody cares about her at this point.

I read this part some time ago, from the top of my head I can't think about single thing about Rishia I would want added to this episode. She is kinda boring and routinely disappears from the story for few chapters.

Still completely ignoring her introduction in S1 would mess up things for S2. They did enough.
Jun 26, 2019 9:54 AM

Jan 2018
what a way to end a hype anime, the mellowness of this episode fucking nails the conclusion for the story. this is way beyond what i expected. the next arc of this one is very confusing in the manga so I've put it on hold lmao,

just wow.

THANK YOU FOR THE RIDE NAOFUMI!
Jun 26, 2019 9:59 AM

Jul 2016
Very solid episode. I wasn't enjoying that much the earlier episodes (besides the first one and some after which were pretty good) but now it's over until a second season, I can say pretty much it was very good ride.
It has some weak episodes but the good ones are really good. Loved the last arc and the last episode is beautiful. I WASN'T SURE IF IT WAS A KISS BUT MY HEART ALMOST JUMPED OFF MY MOUTH IN THIS MOMENT

Naofumi redeemed himself in the series and redeemed himself to me because I have a better point of view of this anime now.
I hope it gets a season 2!
Jun 26, 2019 10:06 AM
Apr 2015
It's a good anime especially with the dark start , idk why people are hating.
Jun 26, 2019 10:13 AM
Nov 2018
SmilingBeginner said:
I totally understand this show is about Rising of the shield hero, but if Filoial queen's speech is any indication, then the three heroes have to work together sooner or later.
It is not. Filolial queen is just really really old version of Filo, she is not particularly wise and can't predict future. "Have to work together" is an idea put into her head by someone else, she doesn't even remember well when or why.

Her "speech" is just an event in the story, it does not define future development of the story. She can be wrong. Heck, she is wrong. There are other ways to save the world, the only limit is author's imagination.

But if the other three don't step up their game, then they really serve no contribution of the story and I start to think we might better off have a story without them
They do have their role in the story, they are the bad guys. It is a very important role. "We" wouldn't be better off having completely different story. If you feel you can write better one you are very welcome to try, self publishing never was easier.

Based on what I read so far (vol 10 of LN), the other three will actually become even more CRINGEworthy and forgettable, and with my friends telling me the author start redeeming and power-up the other three heroes starting volume 12 (which we will NOT be able to see if there is a second season), you can tell the LN author realized that is a problem here.
Not necessarily a problem. The guy writes like one book every 3-4 months. He can use all the characters he created any way he wants. They may become slightly better, turn villains, have change of heart and repent, die, turn zombies, get resurrected, return to original world - anything to keep story going and LNs selling. It is not a "problem", it is just business.

By no means I am arguing if the show is good or bad, I am just not happy of this franchise's early story choice.
Which is, kinda, like, you saying you know better how to write a good story. It's a bold claim. Indeed you are very welcome to have your opinion. I just respectfully disagree with you.
Jun 26, 2019 10:13 AM

Dec 2016
SalamanderAvatar said:

Why does something being "dark" automatically make it good?
Jun 26, 2019 10:17 AM

Sep 2017
SmilingBeginner said:
Gytanzo said:
.Mind if I ask what KoY stands for? I can't figure it out. AOT obviously is Attack on Titan. I forgot about Crunchyroll's involvement. That's a good point. I didn't know about Bilibili's involvement either. Thanks for the info.
Kimetsu no Yaiba, Demon Slayer. Forgive my use of abbreviations. Yeah in Shield Hero's case, I do think begging Crunchyroll to invest more actually might work since they are one of the initial investors that made the whole show possible (heck, even the first trailer years ago is dubbed in English way before Japan aired the original Japanese)
Yeah, I thought you were referring to Kimetsu no Yaiba, but that should be abbreviated as KnY, shouldn't it? It was the "o" that threw me off. Is Kimetsu no Yaiba really more popular than Shield Hero in Japan? I guess Shounen Jump does carry a lot of power over there.
Jun 26, 2019 10:19 AM

Apr 2015
waiting for second season now
Jun 26, 2019 10:21 AM

May 2015
SSL443 said:
SalamanderAvatar said:

Because "Dark" Makes it edgy and cool Duh! lol
Jun 26, 2019 10:30 AM

Dec 2016
billybub said:

Ah yes, all the best shows are edgy these days aren't they.
Jun 26, 2019 10:31 AM
Jun 2019
I like how even the people that say they hated it, they still managed to watch it to completion.

Not the best ending / closure for the anime, but it is still much better than the regular isekai. It made the season much more enjoyable.
Jun 26, 2019 10:32 AM

Aug 2016
The beginning was great, but it turned out to be an average isekai anime. Too bad that the pope as the main antagonist was not introduced earlier, his speech was great.

5/10 better than Kenja no Mago, but far worse than most other isekai anime (Slime, Konosuba, Re:).
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Jun 26, 2019 10:34 AM
Nov 2018
Yeah, it could've been better, but the world itself is somehow interesting. 7/10, and I'd say it was the worst isekai I've seen
Jun 26, 2019 10:37 AM

Jun 2017
So Glass and her team thinks that if they defeat Shield hero and the other three heroes, their world would be saved. But I thought heroes are summoned anew if the current ones die. The more I think about it, worse it becomes.

Now Naofumi can bring forth rage shield at will even though the cause for his anger is resolved. This inconsistency is probably due to the shitty adaptation back in episode 21. Either way I lost all respect for this series after the 1st cour.
Jun 26, 2019 10:37 AM

Dec 2016
Zevere said:
I like how even the people that say they hated it, they still managed to watch it to completion.

Not the best ending / closure for the anime, but it is still much better than the regular isekai. It made the season much more enjoyable.

lol there it is again.

If you don't watch it, you get told you have no business criticizing it. And if you do watch it, you get told you have no business watching something you don't like.

The reality is that the fanbase just wants to shut down negative sentiment against the show. So they cook up bullshit mental gymnastics like this to somehow gotcha the "haters".
Jun 26, 2019 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
BlackLatias said:
And as an end note, I kinnda hoped Naofumi and Raphtalia would kiss in that roof scene, as I really like them together, but I'm also glad it didn't happen. It still was a nice scene, I actually enjoyed that part.

I didn't expect it to happen, however I saw probability of seeing Naofumi kissing Raphtalia or attempting to do it and being interrupted by everyone. I'm glad it didn't happen as well. Too early and I like to see their relation as it is, at least now.

I agree this scene was well executed and it emanated with many positive emotions.
Jun 26, 2019 10:40 AM
Jan 2018
Ending was eh which is what I was expecting considering it's based on a novel and they're usually like that. But at least it was better than most of the series for me which after the beginning was just bad-mediocre, except Malty getting what she deserved of course. I'm not going to be hopeful for a second season because they usually don't happen but it was an above average isekai 4/10
Jun 26, 2019 10:40 AM

Mar 2010
I don't think I'll be able to sleep until I figure out the ambiguous hug on the roof... IT'S LIKE THEY KISSED BUT IT'S ALSO LIKE THEY DIDN'T!!!!!

Anyway, I liked the show much more than I thought I would (and I also normally despise isekai anime with game-like settings). It's a pretty fun ride with great chara developments~. (Plus, the animations and conversations were very enjoyable, despite some weak episodes).

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Jun 26, 2019 10:41 AM

Mar 2014
That was some ending, I like it, okay maybe there is some hiccup but I don't mind it

Now this show has finish I'm hoping for season 2 !!
Jun 26, 2019 10:42 AM

Feb 2018
Goodbye and please never comeback .
7soJun 26, 2019 11:24 AM
Jun 26, 2019 10:47 AM

May 2018
This episode:
Really underwhelming first half with Naofumi soloing the big baddie and his crew being way more competent than the other three heroes together. Which happened consecutively and is just not believeable.
Second half was way more enjoyable due to world building. But still, Ep 21 would've been the better ending.

This show:
Really strong start with a big downfall after ep 4, the quality was never reached again even remotely. However, even at the lowest lows, it was never at the brink of worst anime of the year, let alone worst anime ever. People hating on popular shows can exaggerate as much as they want here, in the end it's nothing but exaggeration.

The rating:
Despite being below expectations after ep four, the overall enjoyment was still there most of the time. If I left out that, the show would probably get a 5, just maybe a 6 out of me.
In this case, I give it a weak 7/10 just as I did in Mirai Nikki's matter as they share similarities imo.
Good start, gradually became weaker, at times heavily flawed. But enjoyment wise, I never had the thought of being bored while watching.

SSL443 said:
Zevere said:

lol there it is again.

If you don't watch it, you get told you have no business criticizing it. And if you do watch it, you get told you have no business watching something you don't like.

The reality is that the fanbase just wants to shut down negative sentiment against the show. So they cook up bullshit mental gymnastics like this to somehow gotcha the "haters".

Well, considering how sarcastic and witty you've been over the full course, it's hard to not to see you being more edgy than Naofumi ever was (which you so often accused him of ), but it is, what it is. Off to the next show.
ArrRtiJun 26, 2019 10:51 AM

Dec 2017
FreezePeach said:
BlackLatias said:
But still, I was so confused I didn't appreciate that and what happened with Rishia, it was just thrown in, she should've deserved more than that?
Nope. She made something noticeable first time 15 minutes before the end of S1, dedicating significant part of last episode to her not very interesting story is a really bad idea. Nobody cares about her at this point.

I read this part some time ago, from the top of my head I can't think about single thing about Rishia I would want added to this episode. She is kinda boring and routinely disappears from the story for few chapters.

Still completely ignoring her introduction in S1 would mess up things for S2. They did enough.

Well, I disagree, this way was just as bad as they could've done it. Like, coincidentaly when Nao wanted someone Filo saved her, wow, much coincidence, such luck. In the LN it at least wasn't as bad since Nao was actually involved in her troubles because it reminded him of himself at the beginning, hence him going after her and saving her from drowning with help of Filo.
The anime just did it really bad, I'd rather not have her in his party now, since they changed so much already they also could've made her join Nao in a possible 2nd season.
Nov 2012
I can understand some of the hate. In retrospect the show was pretty meh, even if I enjoyed it. I can't see why people scream incel bait. I think people are more upset that the show was successful rather than it bombing. Even comparing it to SAO is weird since that show has been successful for the longest, even if not most of the entries were good.

One other thing I don't understand is why is edgy so bad now? A lot of good/decent shows are pretty edgy. Death Note, Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze, etc. While I can't say I want a season 2 of this, it got the job done and scratched my seasonal isekai itch. Really if people just thought of isekai as "Fast Food Anime" then they'd probably be a lot less critical. You're not really watching it for some in-depth story. We know they're mainly generic, even the good ones like Re.Zero and Overlord are pretty generic in their character depth.
Jun 26, 2019 10:52 AM

Mar 2019
billybub said:
SSL443 said:

a series that pretends to be "dark", but without a script that supports it only turns out to be a ridiculous and exaggerated story, even the teen titans go made fun of EDGY as fuck

Jun 26, 2019 10:53 AM

Dec 2016
ArrRti said:
Well, considering how sarcastic and witty you've been over the full course, it's hard to not to see you being more edgy than Naofumi ever was (which you so often accused ), but it is, what it is. Off to the next show.

So because I'm "edgy", I can't criticize a fictional character for being edgy? lol! I'm not a character in a LN hyped up to be the best isekai in years. You're really reaching, dude. Really reaching.
Jun 26, 2019 10:54 AM

Aug 2018
A wonderful ending. I smell a second season.
Jun 26, 2019 10:55 AM

May 2018
"Waah, waah. I did nothing wrong, the other are at fault, not me. Waah waah"

Sure you can but double standards are always so very amusing.
Jun 26, 2019 11:03 AM

May 2016
IT'S OVER YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
NO MORE "NAOFUMI-SAMA"S

This show may have not been the absolute worst this season with the likes of Fairy Gone and Shoumetsu Toshi (though it's a discussion) but I can tell you I definitely despised this one the most. Everything about it is so terribly written, and I've never seen such absolutely unbearable protags. Every single character in this show lacks any depth whatsoever, they're all nothing more than 1-dimensional cardboard cutouts, and it becomes so godamn grating to watch.

This show perfectly encapsulates everything that's wrong with these trashy isekai stories imo. Everything is done to jerk-off to the viewer how great the protagonist is, and everything is written cheaply and without much thought or point, because to accomplish said goal none of that is needed. Only the veneer of it. In fact, such terrible writing even helps--since most viewers/readers of this stuff don't care, they're easily entertained with such schlock. The protag is basic enough to put themselves into--being "wronged by society" and such it makes it especially easy--and Ralphtalia? The perfect waifu-bait for them. With zero depth and actual personality, she can never (and doesn't) have even the slightest issue against her "master", ever. None of the girls do, because Naofumi-sama is SO different and unique and strong from the other men (the other 3 heroes). Fuck this society for putting him down, am I right?

It's all gross wish-fulfillment of the cheapest kind. It's literally a harem, with 4 different girls now to fawn over our valiant protag (who can do no wrong).
The writer shouldn't be getting paid for this story--this story should be on some obscure fan fiction site with all the rest of it's kin.
ZaugrJun 26, 2019 11:41 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2019 11:04 AM
Jun 2019
SSL443 said:

lol there it is again.

Sup', SSL443. It is interesting what you are doing here, bringing up the bad points of the show and such. No sarcarsm there. Just pointed that the haters stayed to completion, rather than straight abandon it.

The show has its obvious flaws, nothing to hide there. At least it was the closest to a proper MMORPG setting there has been in a while. Previous iterations just forget to develop that aspect.
Jun 26, 2019 11:05 AM

Jul 2015
So it ended

The First part was really good but the second was rushing and other stuff.

6/10 from me.

LN is better.

Jun 26, 2019 11:06 AM
Nov 2018
BlackLatias said:
Well, I disagree, this way was just as bad as they could've done it. Like, coincidentaly when Nao wanted someone Filo saved her, wow, much coincidence, such luck.
Happens all the time IRL. Luck and coincidence, most natural thing ever.

In the LN it at least wasn't as bad since Nao was actually involved in her troubles because it reminded him of himself at the beginning, hence him going after her and saving her from drowning with help of Filo.
And these events would be completely out of place in the very end of S1. There are much more important events. Messing up the end of season to cram in pointless boring story about 3rd rate insignificant character is the best way to ensure there is no next season.

The anime just did it really bad, I'd rather not have her in his party now, since they changed so much already
Fortunately no one cares. It is impossible to satisfy every single fan, there always will be outliers who want some pointless detail crammed where it doesn't belong. For every such fan there are thousands who would be disappointed by resulting mess. I think your ideas are rather unreasonable, I explained why. Agree to disagree.
Jun 26, 2019 11:08 AM

Nov 2018
I enjoyed this episode a lot, a fitting ending for this season, and hopefully there will be a S2 announced in the near future.

Time for me to read all of the LN

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jun 26, 2019 11:13 AM

Apr 2019
The ending was fine very predictable but fine I still think the first half of the anime was better but not a bad show nonetheless.
Jun 26, 2019 11:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Avazak said:
The ending was fine very predictable but fine I still think the first half of the anime was better but not a bad show nonetheless.

That pretty much sums up how I feel. First half better than the second and the ending was pretty much par for the course. Pretty average show but miles better than crap like Slime.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 26, 2019 11:27 AM

Dec 2014
well it was time and all good series overall... but still se people complaining... overall a great show
Jun 26, 2019 11:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The final battle between Naofumi's party and Glass and her team sure was fierce. Therese's spells sure were impressive but so was the combo attacks that she and her comrades can unleash. The revelation about Glass's motivation sure was a surprising one. Still it sure ensured that the stakes for both sides become even heavier. The fishing scene though sure was cute and did well in reducing the tension from the battle. Its nice that the girl with green hair finally gets a name. Lecia huh. Hmm to think that what Naofumi wanted as a reward was to govern the demi human village and Raphtalia's home. Still its a nice move as while allowing him to protect the demi humans it also allows him to create a base as well for both him and his various allies that he met along the way. While the revelations about Glass's world certainly was unexpected im glad that the bonds that Naofumi forged with everyone managed to convince him to stand firm with his friends. Overall a strong final ep that featured a perfect mix of action and revelations. A beautiful ending as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2019 11:36 AM
Jul 2017
I m still not sure if that was a kiss or just a hug :D
Jun 26, 2019 11:41 AM
Jan 2018
okay the series overall was good. had some weak episodes here and there but overall it was well made.

this last episode was so fucking weird tho.. first of all they made it so that the general impression was, for me at least, that no other season would be produced again. being the ending and all, i can understand brushing over the backstory of the new girl ( forgot her name atm ) but they kind of butchered her a bit compared to the manga.

the creepiest and the most absurd shit however was the scenes between the raccoon and naofumi. what the fuck was that blushing from him? also what the fuck was that scene when they return from fishing and they are standing like a couple on that rock?

what the fuck.
Jun 26, 2019 11:41 AM

Jul 2015
The fight scene was meh. Tbh I would prefer L'Arc vs Naofumi in ep 24 as the final fight.

Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

292 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

270 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

355 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2019

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 6:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.