Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2019 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
Esquirtit said:
One is the Dog Titan who saved Zeke and Reiner

Oh okay, didn't know that was someone special.

Saikyokami said:
No. We have 4 they have 5.

Annie is still captured + Eren(2) + Armin

They have:
Reiner, Armored
Zeke, Beast
Ymir, Jaws
<shifter not shown in anime>, Cart Titan(the one that was carrying Zeke with the long mouth)
Warhammer (Not yet shown in anime)

I don't really count Annie as "us" since she's an enemy.
Jun 24, 2019 1:56 PM

Nov 2014
The most depressing thing about the Curse of Ymir is that Annie only has a limited amount of time to live, unless the crystal encasing is somehow halting it.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2019 1:58 PM

Dec 2012
I just realized the name of first episode of the first season is "To you, 2000 years from now" which is really mind bending!

Jun 24, 2019 1:58 PM

Mar 2018
@Gator His design and maneuverability gave it away to me sorry if you felt spoiled. I'm anime only too

@Saikyokami You didn't have to give away the last Titan's name ;(
poop
Jun 24, 2019 2:02 PM

May 2018
Does Historia needs to be turned into a titan so that Eren can use the Founding Titan's power? Can't he just touch her in human form and use that "Coordinate"?
Jun 24, 2019 2:09 PM

Jun 2015
Mattinator95 said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

it is not translated wrong it's just reversed and when you think of it logically I've always found it weird that it was called attack on titan when the titans were doing all the attack i should be attack titan or attack of titan is more accurate
the episode was google translated so don't count on it too much

someone is watching fan subs

well yes because I can't afford it legally
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 24, 2019 2:46 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode as usual, more info dump but it makes more and more sense. Final next week already, always feels so short when it's just 10 episodes.
Jun 24, 2019 2:58 PM
Jul 2017
Nim0174 said:
im confused about why they changed that part with ymirs letter and why the memories activated, i need some clarification on this change

As this is a faithful adaptation of the source manga, I wouldn't be surprised if this is an idea from the author Hajime Isayama, some sort of foreshadowing maybe? Hence it is not in manga, as it is an afterthought.
Jun 24, 2019 3:49 PM
Jan 2019
Gator said:
So Eren has two of the nine(?) titan powers, founding titan and attack titan? And now they also got the colossal in Armin, which means the enemy has 6 powers. Annie, Reiner, Ymir and Zeke.... and two we haven't seen yet, unless I forgot about something.
Can't believe next episode is the last one already, goddamn >_<

The cart titan you forgot
Jun 24, 2019 4:09 PM

Sep 2012
Raphtaliamal said:
-and also don't forget that Grisha looks very cruel, because selfishly letting her own daughter become a titan, even though in season 1 Grisha cries when she wants to inject her own child with Titan's serum,

Don't forget that he only learnt about the 13-years lifespan after wanting Zeke to become one, and before turning Eren into one.

Also, turning Zeke into a titan wouldn't have Grisha himself die.
Jun 24, 2019 4:22 PM

Jul 2012
Well, as promised, this episode yet again did an estellar job adapting the content that really establishes this series as quite the complex and well-constructed piece of work.

That final delivery was just as perfect as I imagined it being too, therefore, I'm giving this one of my rare and well deserved 10/10s.

Thanks for Wit Studio for doing justice to the source material with the adaptation of this arc.

Really interesting extra bit with the "Paths" plot point too.

Jun 24, 2019 4:33 PM

Mar 2015
Dariat said:
Does Historia needs to be turned into a titan so that Eren can use the Founding Titan's power? Can't he just touch her in human form and use that "Coordinate"?

Eren should make a lot of experiments with her (better in secret)
Jun 24, 2019 4:39 PM

Jan 2009
Man I always thought Hange was annoying but she was even worse in this episode!
I don't like where this is going to be honest, it feels like the writer is trying too hard to make a complicated story to live up to the build up of that basement.
A simple story would've been just fine, this show's selling point has always been the over-the-top action and horror anyway.
Jun 24, 2019 4:44 PM
Jan 2018
So Eren number 2 is either Eren who went back in time or the more likely possibility the coordinate connects people who aren't even born, so he had access to memories of our Eren, or maybe the consciousness of our Eren was send back in time into his body via the coordinate. Well that's the only things I can think of to explain why Eren number 2 knew Armin's and Mikasa's names. But knowing AoT it's non of those options, and I won't figure out the actual twist ever.
Jun 24, 2019 4:59 PM
Jun 2019
Lex4709 said:
So Eren number 2 is either Eren who went back in time or the more likely possibility the coordinate connects people who aren't even born, so he had access to memories of our Eren, or maybe the consciousness of our Eren was send back in time into his body via the coordinate. Well that's the only things I can think of to explain why Eren number 2 knew Armin's and Mikasa's names. But knowing AoT it's non of those options, and I won't figure out the actual twist ever.
Kruger is not connected in the future of Eren Yaeger, but in the future of Grisha, in Season 1 I remember Grisha crying and forced to inject eren while saying "Eren if you want to save Mikasa, Armin and others, you must be able to control this power"
Jun 24, 2019 5:02 PM

May 2014
Esquirtit said:
Let's hope Mikasa dies before Eren does. My ears will explode if she goes through another devastating blow

Mikasa is too zealous when it comes to Armin and Eren. Motivations and goals are lacking when it just boils down to doing whatever it takes to please her childhood friends and a small side of wanting justice for humanity.
Jun 24, 2019 5:05 PM
Dec 2012
Can you idiots go discuss your manga shit somewhere else? Thanks.
I come here to see episode discussion and all you see in first page are comments with spoiler tags, they don't even bother commenting the episode.
Jun 24, 2019 5:06 PM
Jun 2013
DiabloMask said:
I don't like where this is going to be honest, it feels like the writer is trying too hard to make a complicated story to live up to the build up of that basement.
A simple story would've been just fine, this show's selling point has always been the over-the-top action and horror anyway.

Pretty much everything revealed in these last 2 episodes have been foreshadowed as far back as Season 1. All of this was planned.
Jun 24, 2019 5:16 PM

Jul 2012
Adversarius5 said:
DiabloMask said:

Pretty much everything revealed in these last 2 episodes have been foreshadowed as far back as Season 1. All of this was planned.

As far back as the first chapter's very title, you mean.
Jun 24, 2019 5:21 PM

Oct 2015
Mikasa is really agonizing about the whole thing, to even lose weight! I think she's worried about Eren's and Armin's lifespans, or maybe she could be hiding something. I really can't wait for the next episode, or last episode.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 24, 2019 5:22 PM
Jun 2019
Dariat said:
yes that can be because historia has royal blood, but do you think Eren dared to sacrifice historia, after knowing that her life would be 13 years, Eren clearly would not agree, so she kept that fact alone, because if military police knew they might sacrifice historia queen
Jun 24, 2019 5:28 PM
Jun 2019
NoChance said:
Can you idiots go discuss your manga shit somewhere else? Thanks.
I come here to see episode discussion and all you see in first page are comments with spoiler tags, they don't even bother commenting the episode.
most manga readers like gods, in any anime it is very annoying, whether it's on youtube, twitter, myanimelist, all of them are filled with spoiler dick
Jun 24, 2019 5:37 PM

Sep 2014
How does first Eren know about Mikasa and Armin? Memories arent bound by time? This show gets better and better!

PS: what I always found weird about MAL is the manga forums are pretty much empty, manga have extremely low user counts but in every single episode for every single anime ever those mangafags cant shut up and stop spoiling. If you want to discuss the manga so much, go to the manga forums.
Comander-07Jun 24, 2019 5:42 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 24, 2019 5:55 PM

Jul 2016
Fine episode, exposition and more talking. In the other words its underwhelming the reveal is not that surprising, and some jokes about Eren age is cringe. Next is last episode of the season, I hope the hype delivers next week.

Jun 24, 2019 6:28 PM

Nov 2018
Wow, is there a paradox going in-universe?
Another amazing episode.
Jun 24, 2019 6:32 PM

Mar 2018
Chickened said:
Esquirtit said:
Let's hope Mikasa dies before Eren does. My ears will explode if she goes through another devastating blow

Mikasa is too zealous when it comes to Armin and Eren. Motivations and goals are lacking when it just boils down to doing whatever it takes to please her childhood friends and a small side of wanting justice for humanity.
Her goal is to bounce on Eren's titan dick. She feels like she hasn't paid back the price of that scarf yet
poop
Jun 24, 2019 6:36 PM

Jul 2012
Funseco said:

Also another episode with massive cuts.

Just seen your reply with the manga portion.

There weren't any massive cuts in this episode and none of the other in this part 2 season (unlike part 1). They left out some things that can easily be assumed (the info regarding mindless titans) ever since Season 2's finale (with Eren using the coordinator for the first time), which was directly reminded in this very same episode anyway (also them being otherwise "weapons of mass destruction" that surround the Eldian walls was the very initial premise of the series, no need to put in there just to reconfirm information, even because these chapters are already infodumpy enough as they are.

Last episode they already mentioned they were sending transformed Eldian from Marley as mindless titans towards Paradis too, and also from season finale for season 2, Marleyans don't seem to know what the coordinate is actually capable of (which will be explored later in season 4, and also subverted
), which is also information enough to consider titans/mindless titans as unreliable weaponry against Paradis as stated by the Owl.

The only thing we do miss from this exchange is that Eldians thought the same, since they can only follow simple orders even controlled with the Founding titan, and that was to be expected, albeit some objective confirmation is better.

In the end, considering Season 4 yet again will cover this entirely in far more detail, I don't think these cuts are significant in any way, and the most essential things were presented.

As for this however:
If this was done by wit studio then its a major plothole

If this was done by Isayama, then that means ymir died in that moment and thats why historia got to see her memories. The memories were sent through the form of paths and she got to see them because she was touching the letter and also because she has royal blood

Still this sounds too retarded and I am more inclined to believe that wit studio fucked up again by adding this anime original scene

That's just memories triggering just before next episode

Since chapter 1/episode 1 we know that Paths' transferred memories can be triggered even before the person becomes the founding titan/is a royal person in contact with someone in possession of the founding titan, as long as sometime in the future, they eventually DO trigger the Path's shock.

There's no plot-hole, but it is a pretty interesting addition that goes along the lines of the info we know thus far (even because it serves as an excuse not to repeat Ymir's story that was already in S2 lol). I gotta say I wasn't expecting it tbh.
DanpmssJun 24, 2019 6:39 PM
Jun 24, 2019 6:37 PM
Oct 2016
Just think about and try to remember a better anime than this
look at this compilation of good episodes
and this twist of emotions
This next episode can be better than this?
How?
I already know what will happen and still get surprise/emotional.
Jun 24, 2019 6:39 PM

Jan 2009
Adversarius5 said:
DiabloMask said:

Not all of it, also foreshadowing doesn't magically make the story good.
At least I know I liked the show a lot better before season 3.
Jun 24, 2019 7:00 PM

Jul 2012
DiabloMask said:
Adversarius5 said:

I mean, you can say you dislike as much as you want, but that doesn't make your criticism of "the story not being good" any valid. For that you would need some more especific arguments as to why instead, and then we can debate.

Thus far your points were almost like "the story is not over-the-top action and horror and simple as I wanted it to be just like back when I liked it"
Jun 24, 2019 7:59 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, lots of lore reveals.

While I do like the story, I still have mixed feelings about how the story is going to go from here and how it'll change the general atmosphere of the show.

I'm assuming what Eren thought was that the Founding Titan powers can be used as long he touched someone of a royal blood? Well, I do admit that seeing Historia ride on Eren's back would be amusing to see I can see why he decided not to say anything.

I don't understand the ending part, how did Eren Kruger from the past say the names of Mikasa and Armin. It makes no sense, hopefully there's an explanation for that beyond Eren just being in a muddled dream state where somehow his own conscious is affecting the memories he's seeing.

I love how they played off that joke about Eren have Chuuni syndrome. XDD

Soundtrack was top tier as always.
Jun 24, 2019 8:27 PM

Jan 2009
Danpmss said:
DiabloMask said:

I mean, you can say you dislike as much as you want, but that doesn't make your criticism of "the story not being good" any valid. For that you would need some more especific arguments as to why instead, and then we can debate.

Thus far your points were almost like "the story is not over-the-top action and horror and simple as I wanted it to be just like back when I liked it"

Well no shit it's my opinion, doesn't mean it's not valid criticism though since my point was about the show's selling point, not what I wanted it to be.
Last season attempted to have politics which was terribly executed (of course politics wouldn't work in a fast paced series), now we're having a change in the whole concept (humanity is no longer on the verge of extinction, now it's just a battle between good guys and bad guys).
This is why I don't like where the story is going.
Jun 24, 2019 8:32 PM
Apr 2019
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode, lots of lore reveals.

While I do like the story, I still have mixed feelings about how the story is going to go from here and how it'll change the general atmosphere of the show.

I'm assuming what Eren thought was that the Founding Titan powers can be used as long he touched someone of a royal blood? Well, I do admit that seeing Historia ride on Eren's back would be amusing to see I can see why he decided not to say anything.

I don't understand the ending part, how did Eren Kruger from the past say the names of Mikasa and Armin. It makes no sense, hopefully there's an explanation for that beyond Eren just being in a muddled dream state where somehow his own conscious is affecting the memories he's seeing.

I love how they played off that joke about Eren have Chuuni syndrome. XDD

Soundtrack was top tier as always.

Paths transcend physical space so its been assumed that it can transcend time as well. Its still big mystery though, even in manga paths not fully explained yet.
Jun 24, 2019 10:20 PM

Jan 2015
my god that ending.... I don't know what to think about that... This is getting better every episode!
Jun 24, 2019 10:32 PM

Jun 2016
Funseco said:
Weebover9000 said:

Because some fellow manga readers of mine like to nitpick and complain every week when a scene that doesn't matter much in the long run gets cut or changed.

why do you think wit studio wont make season 4?
they cut this part
is this nitpicking?

That first panel with the titans is in the episode.... It's in the credits/ending this episode :^/
Jun 24, 2019 10:37 PM

Mar 2015
so eren has two titans, the founding titan and attack titan.
I love nepgear!! *^*
Jun 24, 2019 11:03 PM

Apr 2013
I really have to stop reading any replies in the episode discussion next time, so many spoilers again T_T
Jun 24, 2019 11:06 PM

Jan 2011
That hairstyle makes Historia look like more of a lesbian somehow.
Jun 25, 2019 12:27 AM
Jan 2018
[quote=wilfang]
Nim0174 said:
im confused about why they changed that part with ymirs letter and why the memories activated, i need some clarification on this change

@Nim0174 becouse they moved Ymirs back story with to season 2 and they had to do something else I guess and we don't know if it was WIT that did it or isayama decided he wanted it in
Jun 25, 2019 12:55 AM

Aug 2010
DiabloMask said:
Adversarius5 said:

It's normal for human beings to want everything to stay the same forever. That's not how good things in life work tho. They evolve, they change overtime, they don't restrain themselves, they stray from the predictable path. An extremely good example of it is, of course, Jojo's.

You can just be rebellious about it forever or do as many people who initially didn't like the change when reading the manga did, give it time, grow used to it and learn to appreciate it, then you'll see how it makes the series greater than it could ever be just playing safe on the predictable route.

Besides there's no 'good guys' or 'bad guys'. Even in the show they say anyone can be anything, people just need to believe in it. Even the restoration movement is shown to have a more 'blind fanatical' side to it. So if you really came down understanding that it's just 'black and white' then it's just that you didn't properly understand the changes. Before this humanity was the good guys, titan where the bad guys. Now it's different points of view colliding.
AiHikariJun 25, 2019 1:28 AM
Jun 25, 2019 12:59 AM

Nov 2013
Amazing episode like most episodes of this season!!
Here is the best 10 Episodes based on users from MaL :) (Rating after the "/" )

1) Ep 50 (S3.2,E5) / 96.12
2) Ep 21 (S1,E21) / 93.09
3) Ep 57 (S3.2,E8) / 91.48
4) Ep 53 (S3.2,E4) / 91.51
5) Ep 55 (S3.2,E6) / 91.32
6) Ep 31 (S2,E6) / 89.61
7) Ep 17 (S1,E17) / 88.98
8) Ep 8 (S1,E8) / 88.83
9) Ep 5 (S1,E5) / 88.3
10) Ep 7 (S1,E7) / 88.14
Jun 25, 2019 3:45 AM
Apr 2019
Honestly, this was worth skipping Season 2 and Part 1; I had already read the manga up until the end of this season and knew this was going to be the best part. Didn't expect them to show Historia with the paths glitch though... perhaps there may be a twist there. And the fact that Eren hasn't disclosed his recollections is going to be a huge part of plot twists later on in the series, isn't it?
Jun 25, 2019 3:59 AM

Nov 2011
What the heck about the last scene ? How could Eren Krueger had memories from future ? So it is true that free will is illusion after all ?
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jun 25, 2019 4:28 AM
Feb 2019
DiabloMask said:
Danpmss said:

Well no shit it's my opinion, doesn't mean it's not valid criticism though since my point was about the show's selling point, not what I wanted it to be.
Last season attempted to have politics which was terribly executed (of course politics wouldn't work in a fast paced series), now we're having a change in the whole concept (humanity is no longer on the verge of extinction, now it's just a battle between good guys and bad guys).
This is why I don't like where the story is going.

This is where you're wrong. There are no good or bad guys here. Gross was probably the most evil character in the entire series and there aren't that many evil characters.
Master3530Jun 25, 2019 4:32 AM
Jun 25, 2019 6:00 AM
May 2019
Nim0174 said:

The best Reason is = because they already shown ymir flashback in s3 who supposed to be show on s3. So they made alternate quick Flashback options.
Jun 25, 2019 6:21 AM

Jul 2017
what just happened?!!?
Jun 25, 2019 6:22 AM

Aug 2016
With that kind of ending (one more episode) SnK is bending towards having another 3 Seasons. There is the whole f***ing world to defeat now ^^

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 25, 2019 6:42 AM
Oct 2018
So, I'm thinking about starting the manga now that the show seems to be very story driven and I wanted to know whether there are any considerable action scenes like the first expedition in S1 where Eren "dies, other big expeditions, Eren vs Annie, vs Reiner, Levi vs Kenny, vs Beast Titan, Erwin leading titans torwards Reiner and Berthold (that was way too epic, Jesus man) or stuff like that because I think those scenes have way more impact when animated
No spoilers, please
Jun 25, 2019 6:46 AM

Apr 2019
Mafagows said:
So, I'm thinking about starting the manga now that the show seems to be very story driven and I wanted to know whether there are any considerable action scenes like the first expedition in S1 where Eren "dies, other big expeditions, Eren vs Annie, vs Reiner, Levi vs Kenny, vs Beast Titan, Erwin leading titans torwards Reiner and Berthold (that was way too epic, Jesus man) or stuff like that because I think those scenes have way more impact when animated
No spoilers, please

Yes there are
if you can wait, i do recommend waiting
if you are dead curious just read it

You son of a .. turtle

Jun 25, 2019 6:46 AM
Feb 2019
Sooo...biggest question I have after this:
If the curse of Ymir only allows Shifters to live up to 13 years upon injection...it means that all the Kings of the Dynasty within the walls, have had a maximum life span of 26 years.
Don't people get suspicious if their King is replaced every 13 years and is always 13 years old when being crowned?

The math is the following:
Lets say the first King is in his late 50s when he retreats to Paradise and builds the walls.
His heir is maybe in his 30s. He lets himself get eaten and the 30ish heir gets crowned.
3rd generation King would be about 25 when being injected and crowned. So he would die at 38. The child would be about 18 when being injected and crowned.
When he dies at age 31, his child would be 11! Which is not acceptable since its not in puberty yet. So he has to create offspring earlier, so lets say he is producing an heir the same year he is crowned. Then the child would be 13, when the king dies.
This child and every next king has to have sex at the age 13 and die at the age 26.
Its inevitable, that the calculation goes down to this cycle after a few generations.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Yesterday, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.