Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 23, 2019 5:14 AM

Feb 2019
[quote=<font style="vertical-align: inherit;">
RayReynolds said:

I think you're someone who can enjoy something more traditional, but I keep my point simply is not a correct evolution of the concept because despite everything the very existence of Saitama completely ruins any kind of tension it is impossible to take anything seriously because of his omnipotence, it has become the same as he tried to parody which is not a sign of good writing but of a huge contradiction.

That's the whole point of the show. Saitama is the Deus Ex Machina. There is literally no one in the world stronger than him (I did see a fan-made picture of the rankings of all strong beings in OPM and there was only 1 character placed next to Saitama at the top and it was someone who isn't even introduced in the manga yet, so he/she definitely wouldn't appear in the next 2-3 seasons of the anime). Saitama limited his power against Boros due to going with the flow but he definitely could have one-punched him too[/quote]

Yes, but before everything was faster and more dynamic, in the second season they built an entire arc to extend a plot that everyone knows how to finished, as I said it is the same as in other animes where the protagonist goku/naruto arrives to save the day, but OPM remove the whole weary, slow and boring plot
Jun 23, 2019 11:08 AM
Nov 2016
MakoChoppo said:
There wasn’t any actual blackface just a black guy who looks like a black guy. Outrage culture at its finest. When the animation is actually good the haters have to find something to rag on. And unsurprisingly the majority of complainers are... you guessed it, white!

nayuten said:
You could tell the kind of person they are lmao thank you for clarifying. This season's animation might not be the best out there but I don't think it deserves the hate it's getting.

Oh please, while episode 10 was indeed good the previous episodes are still mediocre, the only episodes carrying this anime at this moment are episode 3 and episode 10, the other ones are mediocre.

And for the record, the complainers aren't only complaining about the animation, they are complaining about other things like directing, pacing and sound effects because those are also mediocre and the ghosting effect present in every fucking episode on the action scenes is the icing in the cake for me.

The dude that complained about the "blackface" or whatever seems like an idiot but the rest of us aren't complaining because of some stupid shit like that.
Jun 23, 2019 5:43 PM
Jul 2018
xZabuzax said:

Oh please, while episode 10 was indeed good the previous episodes are still mediocre, the only episodes carrying this anime at this moment are episode 3 and episode 10, the other ones are mediocre.

And for the record, the complainers aren't only complaining about the animation, they are complaining about other things like directing, pacing and sound effects because those are also mediocre and the ghosting effect present in every fucking episode on the action scenes is the icing in the cake for me.

The dude that complained about the "blackface" or whatever seems like an idiot but the rest of us aren't complaining because of some stupid shit like that.

I understand where you're coming from, but if you're so discontented with this animation then don't watch it. That's really it.
Jun 23, 2019 5:58 PM
Nov 2016
nayuten said:
I understand where you're coming from, but if you're so discontented with this animation then don't watch it. That's really it.

Why are you people so easy going about mediocrity? just admit that is mediocre and have other people admit that is mediocre and hopefully the anime studio won't try to do this type of lazy shit again in the future. Is thanks to people like you that these anime studios get away with this type of shit, all of you need to raise your standard bar a bit higher.

I'm still watching this mediocre anime because I love OPM and hardcore fans like me are extremely pissed off about how mediocre this anime turned out to be. Is the same shit with Berserk 2016/2017, that extremely good manga was turned into shit with that god awful anime and people have the right to complain about it. If you just accept these type of shit over and over again then that anime studio will keep doing that same shit, you need to raise your standard higher and have them produce better product.
xZabuzaxJun 23, 2019 6:02 PM
Jun 24, 2019 12:23 AM
Jul 2018
xZabuzax said:

Why are you people so easy going about mediocrity? just admit that is mediocre and have other people admit that is mediocre and hopefully the anime studio won't try to do this type of lazy shit again in the future. Is thanks to people like you that these anime studios get away with this type of shit, all of you need to raise your standard bar a bit higher.

I'm still watching this mediocre anime because I love OPM and hardcore fans like me are extremely pissed off about how mediocre this anime turned out to be. Is the same shit with Berserk 2016/2017, that extremely good manga was turned into shit with that god awful anime and people have the right to complain about it. If you just accept these type of shit over and over again then that anime studio will keep doing that same shit, you need to raise your standard higher and have them produce better product.

Perhaps, but getting frustrating won't make J.C.Staff deliver us a better animation on command; when we all know they can do better. If we take for instance Shokugeki no Souma's latest season and try to compare its outstanding visuals then you'd realize they can do excellent work when need be. Not to get out of topic, I know OPM deserved a better animation, and I know hardcore fans are not having it, but if you think complaining will solve this whole situation then be my guest.
Jun 24, 2019 12:53 AM
Nov 2016
nayuten said:
I know hardcore fans are not having it, but if you think complaining will solve this whole situation then be my guest.

Complaining about it in this forum won't solve it and praising it won't solve it either, it will actually make it worse because they will keep providing the same mediocrity thinking that we are happy with it, I urge people to not go this route.

If more people complain about it (including the Japanese people obviously) then our voice will finally be heard and that may force them to do better the next time they try to do a third season.
Jun 24, 2019 1:38 AM

Jul 2016
Lol even after 10 episodes has been released, people still have no idea how bad J.C Staff has become since late-2017 onward and keep defends it.

Seeing how people keep defending them and uses their pre-late 2017 shows as a example of how good J.C was without do some research or at least watch their other recent shows is quite annoying.
MahiaErebeaNegiJun 24, 2019 1:44 AM
Jun 24, 2019 5:49 AM

Sep 2008
just finished binge watching the 10 episodes and came back to this season's MAL page and....I'm just scratching my head in confusion. Where the fuck is all the hate coming from? This season is RAD! so what if the animation could be better. The show is still top-tier entertainment. Loving it.
That said, I do hope they improve the animation, cuz that's the only department the anime is lacking in. Everything else is really good.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jun 24, 2019 7:39 AM

Jan 2014
good episodee

5/5
Jun 24, 2019 7:47 AM

Apr 2013
I just read the manga lmao. Though, the episode was fine.
Jun 24, 2019 10:48 AM
Jul 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Lol even after 10 episodes has been released, people still have no idea how bad J.C Staff has become since late-2017 onward and keep defends it.

Seeing how people keep defending them and uses their pre-late 2017 shows as a example of how good J.C was without do some research or at least watch their other recent shows is quite annoying.

they have excuses and they're trying their best so that's it clearly you just see the bad sides more than the good sides

can't deny they having a bad planning in this state though especially while having alot of shows to carry
todd2580Jun 24, 2019 11:16 AM
Jun 24, 2019 10:51 AM
Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
nayuten said:

lamo you talk like they did that on purpose they're under a tight schedule so the director ofc can't a better job in this state it's just a bad luck i actually think he could do a good job if it was given time the production committee wanted to rush it so blame them not the studio they're overworked with other stuff after all and it's your fault for make your expectations high without knowing that they're in that state
todd2580Jun 24, 2019 11:13 AM
Jun 24, 2019 10:51 AM
Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
MakoChoppo said:
There wasn’t any actual blackface just a black guy who looks like a black guy. Outrage culture at its finest. When the animation is actually good the haters have to find something to rag on. And unsurprisingly the majority of complainers are... you guessed it, white!

nayuten said:
You could tell the kind of person they are lmao thank you for clarifying. This season's animation might not be the best out there but I don't think it deserves the hate it's getting.

ghosting effect will be removed in blu-ray
Jun 24, 2019 11:44 AM
Apr 2019
worst anime of the season
Jun 24, 2019 1:13 PM
Nov 2016
todd2580 said:
lamo you talk like they did that on purpose they're under a tight schedule so the director ofc can't a better job in this state it's just a bad luck i actually think he could do a good job if it was given time the production committee wanted to rush it so blame them not the studio they're overworked with other stuff after all and it's your fault for make your expectations high without knowing that they're in that state

Yes I know they are overworked but that's not my problem, that's their problem. If I'm overworked and I produce a bad product then it's my problem, could I produce a better product under normal circumstances? yes I could, but I didn't because of my crappy schedule and now that the bad product is out there's someone to blame so I'm part of the blame and the party associated with me is part of the blame as well because those were the ones sending me more work despite my shitty schedule.

todd2580 said:

Yes I know it will but I'm complaining about the anime that is airing in TV at this moment, I'm not complaining about the Bluray version because I haven't watched that yet. Removing the ghosting effect will definitely make this anime more bearable to watch but the mediocre animation, directing, pacing and sound effects is still there, it's still a downgrade in every aspect compared to the 1st season.
Jun 24, 2019 5:15 PM
Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
todd2580 said:

Yes I know they are overworked but that's not my problem, that's their problem. If I'm overworked and I produce a bad product then it's my problem, could I produce a better product under normal circumstances? yes I could, but I didn't because of my crappy schedule and now that the bad product is out there's someone to blame so I'm part of the blame and the party associated with me is part of the blame as well because those were the ones sending me more work despite my shitty schedule.

todd2580 said:

Yes I know it will but I'm complaining about the anime that is airing in TV at this moment, I'm not complaining about the Bluray version because I haven't watched that yet. Removing the ghosting effect will definitely make this anime more bearable to watch but the mediocre animation, directing, pacing and sound effects is still there, it's still a downgrade in every aspect compared to the 1st season.

yeah the directing isn't as smooth as S1 but that's result of the other factors i said before also the director is trying his best but he can't bring his best in some cases as the result of other cases too like lack of time and being worked on that OVA about his previous directorial debut anime (which will be for sale on next july) first since OVA needs good animation if it's important which might caused the postponement of the production of this season as i mentioned i feel like he could do better if he was given time poor guy *because everyone will think he wants to damage the series but it's not the case at all :\*
todd2580Jun 24, 2019 5:18 PM
Jun 24, 2019 6:20 PM
Nov 2016
todd2580 said:
yeah the directing isn't as smooth as S1 but that's result of the other factors i said before also the director is trying his best but he can't bring his best in some cases as the result of other cases too like lack of time and being worked on that OVA about his previous directorial debut anime (which will be for sale on next july) first since OVA needs good animation if it's important which might caused the postponement of the production of this season as i mentioned i feel like he could do better if he was given time poor guy *because everyone will think he wants to damage the series but it's not the case at all :\*

I know they could do better but my point is they didn't because of their crappy schedule and the result is a mediocre product. You already acknowledged this by saying that they are being overworked and they could have done better and they didn't because of lack of time and their other projects so why are you still defending your position? you are contradicting yourself.

Here, I'll make it easier for you, if Sony has a crappy schedule because they are working on a lot of projects but the market is demanding the next generation of consoles to be released and then Sony decides to release the PlayStation 5 ahead of time but that product resulted to be a failure because it wasn't finished or is missing some important features or whatever then guess what, Sony is the one to blame for releasing a mediocre/unfinished product. Well, this same shit is happening with One Punch Man S02 for fucks sake and you already admitted it so stop defending this already.
xZabuzaxJun 24, 2019 6:26 PM
Jun 25, 2019 1:28 AM

Jul 2016
todd2580 said:
they have excuses and they're trying their best so that's it clearly you just see the bad sides more than the good sides

My issues with J.C Staff was they have MORE bad sides than good sides.
Jun 25, 2019 5:48 AM
Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
todd2580 said:

I know they could do better but my point is they didn't because of their crappy schedule and the result is a mediocre product. You already acknowledged this by saying that they are being overworked and they could have done better and they didn't because of lack of time and their other projects so why are you still defending your position? you are contradicting yourself.

Here, I'll make it easier for you, if Sony has a crappy schedule because they are working on a lot of projects but the market is demanding the next generation of consoles to be released and then Sony decides to release the PlayStation 5 ahead of time but that product resulted to be a failure because it wasn't finished or is missing some important features or whatever then guess what, Sony is the one to blame for releasing a mediocre/unfinished product. Well, this same shit is happening with One Punch Man S02 for fucks sake and you already admitted it so stop defending this already.

lol the anime industry have different situations that can't be Compared with the games industry though because most the production committee might be the cause of some problems of the anime industry than the anime studios unless the anime studio was involved with some of these Decisions but that's with rare and might be the big ones or that have bad sides of them with the good sides like tokyo ghoul re
Jun 25, 2019 5:54 AM
Jul 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
todd2580 said:

if you mean by bad that they have bad old anime series or ecchi oriented things in the past like studio Feel , Arms and those of type of studios that was from the past and you can say they're mixed type of those studios with the regular studios you see that in their current series even but in the end can't deny it's the type of a studio that does produce different genres which why most of their works can't applied or being likable to all people
Jun 25, 2019 6:20 AM

Jul 2016
todd2580 said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

if you mean by bad that they have bad old anime series or ecchi oriented things in the past like studio Feel , Arms and those of type of studios that was from the past and you can say they're mixed type of those studios with the regular studios you see that in their current series even but in the end can't deny it's the type of a studio that does produce different genres which why most of their works can't applied or being likable to all people

I'm not even sure what does this have something to the bad sides and I can't understand what are you just said here........
Jun 25, 2019 9:22 AM
Jul 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
todd2580 said:

I'm not even sure what does this have something to the bad sides and I can't understand what are you just said here........

okay i meant they aren't have a clear genre to focus on and i think your problem is they're producing alot of shows yeah it's their fault here can't deny that but it's the anime industry's increased demand who make them do it for survival especially the recent days are increased more even bones is overworked too

Jun 25, 2019 9:35 AM
Nov 2016
todd2580 said:
lol the anime industry have different situations that can't be Compared with the games industry though because most the production committee might be the cause of some problems of the anime industry than the anime studios unless the anime studio was involved with some of these Decisions but that's with rare and might be the big ones or that have bad sides of them with the good sides like tokyo ghoul re

And that's why I said that someone needs to be blamed when the mediocre product is out and they are (like it or not) the anime studio and the party associated with the anime studio because they kept sending them more work despite their shitty schedule.

When the mediocre product is out people blame the company, studio, parties, etc... responsible for it and this doesn't apply only in animes or video games, it fucking applies to EVERYTHING in this world for fucks sake and you already admitted this but then you keep saying excuses in behalf of the anime.

Stop kissing this anime's ass, debating with you is getting annoying not only because of the lame excuses you have to make every time you write something but because I have to decipher what you're writing to be able to understand it.
Jun 26, 2019 1:42 AM

Jul 2016
todd2580 said:
i meant they aren't have a clear genre to focus

I'm pretty sure this could apply to any other studios as well. Also, it was depends on a person's preference on which genres they prefers more, some people may like action genre and some may not.

todd2580 said:
on and i think your problem is they're producing alot of shows yeah it's their fault here can't deny that but it's the anime industry's increased demand who make them do it for survival especially the recent days are increased more even bones is overworked too

And yet Bones somehow managed to made much better quality on their shows than J.C did despite the issues lol (Unless I misses something here).
Jun 26, 2019 4:43 AM
Jul 2016

xZabuzax said:
todd2580 said:

And that's why I said that someone needs to be blamed when the mediocre product is out and they are (like it or not) the anime studio and the party associated with the anime studio because they kept sending them more work despite their shitty schedule.

When the mediocre product is out people blame the company, studio, parties, etc... responsible for it and this doesn't apply only in animes or video games, it fucking applies to EVERYTHING in this world for fucks sake and you already admitted this but then you keep saying excuses in behalf of the anime.

Stop kissing this anime's ass, debating with you is getting annoying not only because of the lame excuses you have to make every time you write something but because I have to decipher what you're writing to be able to understand it.

but the gaming industry having different cases more than the anime industry some of these cases can be like the anime industry but the anime industry having more problems than the gaming industry so they aren't equal to make a comparison about them (sorry english is my second language)
Jun 26, 2019 5:14 AM
Jul 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
todd2580 said:

I'm pretty sure this could apply to any other studios as well. Also, it was depends on a person's preference on which genres they prefers more, some people may like action genre and some may not.

todd2580 said:
on and i think your problem is they're producing alot of shows yeah it's their fault here can't deny that but it's the anime industry's increased demand who make them do it for survival especially the recent days are increased more even bones is overworked too

And yet Bones somehow managed to made much better quality on their shows than J.C did despite the issues lol (Unless I misses something here).
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
todd2580 said:

todd2580 said:

yep because they have good planning for their works more than J.C Staff's works which are many works so their talents are spread thin which can result to be difficult to be planned properly which i can understand also Bones have some control on the production committee of their works (no 2 or 3) while J.C Staff if they are in any production committee they're no.4 so they aren't have much control it depends on who have high number's decisions like Kadokawa and i think you know that they aren't even in the production committee of OPM
Jun 26, 2019 2:51 PM
Nov 2016
todd2580 said:
but the gaming industry having different cases more than the anime industry some of these cases can be like the anime industry but the anime industry having more problems than the gaming industry so they aren't equal to make a comparison about them (sorry english is my second language)

And? my point still stands, once the bad product is out the ones that will get the blame are the people responsible for that product and that may include the company, industry, the party associated with the company, director, supervisor, etc...
Jun 29, 2019 2:34 AM

Sep 2008
seriously have no fucking clue why people lose their minds at some drop in animation quality in an anime where animation is not really the most important aspect anyway.
The direction is completely fine, so is the overall execution. At least, in those aspects the anime is superior to most in the same genre.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jun 29, 2019 10:43 AM

Mar 2018
The end of the episode was pretty sweet :D
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Jun 30, 2019 12:38 AM

Jul 2009
Damn! There's a reason why Garou is one of my favorite characters in the series :)

Want to see more of him! Next episode, he's going beast mode :D
Jul 1, 2019 5:43 AM
Jun 2019
If you watch the OP, it shows how Saitama killed goketsu
Jul 3, 2019 10:53 AM
Mar 2019
Genos still looks gross, even with his new upgrade. J.C ya'll need to chill on the chrome shaders

What happened to that kid's butt chin?

Garo's balance of pure pride and humility continues to impress me, such a well rounded villain. He reminds me a lot of Stain from MHA; you love to hate him, you hate to love him. Easily my favorite character in OPM

What a great time for the boost in animation quality! Garo's fight against the group of heroes at the end was some of the best action animation we've seen this season
Jul 12, 2019 5:32 AM

Mar 2015
Kinda wish One Punch Man was more focused on, well, One Punch Man.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 13, 2019 6:22 AM

Jul 2013
I don't like how I'm kinda rooting for Garou here man, that dude is scum but they keep showing things in his pov
Jul 13, 2019 11:05 PM

Jul 2013
I loved the match between King and Saitama in this Tekken kinda game. King with only 2 fingers. That reminded me when Bang played rock, paper, scissors against him :D

Black Luster seems pretty strong. I hope we see him also in action in the future.

Ororchi also showed a little bit of his strength. I wouldn't be surprised if Saitama fight alone against all of them.

I like Genos upgrade. That looked just sick. But I guess it won't last long till he get's destroyed again.

It's weird, as more as I see of Garou as more I like him. Even at the end I was rooting for him instead if the heros. He's definitely a likeable villain.

Jul 28, 2019 1:41 AM

Dec 2018
I'm curious as to who's stronger between Black Luster and Tank Top Master. They're both had abs muscle and all. But Black Luster got a steel body (Probably). So I assume Black Luster is likely stronger.

That glasses guy had some balls to fight Garou head on, granted Garou got injured and poisoned not to mention surrounded.

And the kid should've got out of that building or else he'll die I guess.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 7, 2019 10:30 AM

Jul 2015
For a bad guy, Garo is actually pretty good, with the whole monsters can win idea

Sep 22, 2019 7:49 PM

Aug 2019
The end genuinely made me look forward to the next episode. For that, I rate the episode a 5/5.

Dec 31, 2019 1:01 PM
Nov 2014
deg said:
so the official name of Darkshine is now Blackluster huh

only few seconds of sakuga again but fortunately they allocated it with the Garo fight

I haven't read the manga unfortunately but Blackluster was sad to see. Sometimes, for whatever reason, animes seem to be just super bad at making/drawing black characters?
Jan 9, 2020 10:32 AM
Aug 2013
Felt nostalgic when Gyoro Gyoro gave his message to the Association. The tune in Takehito's voice reminded me of Veronica from "Saint Seiya : The Lost Canvas". Gave me goosebumps.
Apr 8, 2020 6:43 PM

Jan 2014
yup this bothered me lol. and it seems like it's an anime only blunder

laputiaApr 8, 2020 6:47 PM
Jul 24, 2020 7:48 AM

Apr 2009
War it is then, but the Hero Association hasn't formulated a concrete startegy that we have heard of...yet
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 4, 2021 8:37 AM

Feb 2019
FINALLY, I've been waiting to see a proper fight between Garou and some Heroes ever since the fight against Tank Top.

Awesome animation! Not attack on titan level, but still badass.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 3, 2021 9:55 AM

Oct 2020
Monster Association is getting ready for the battle. I wonder if Orochi himself can satisfy Saitama. The Caped Baldy is too powerful for anything.

Too bad Garou is surrounded and the kid is also inside. The kid got some fake friends though. I say even Garou is better than his friend. However for some unknown reason I am feeling bad for Garou. The heroes better take him down but they look like a villain team here. Though I hope no one gets hurt and also hope Garou finally get sane by this incident.
Apr 26, 2021 3:04 AM

Apr 2013
Garou gets too much screentime for my taste and Saitama not enough. At this point I would even be fine with Genos or other S class heroes getting some, that would be much more interesting.
Aug 20, 2022 6:17 AM
Aug 2022
amazing fights and plot
Oct 14, 2023 11:14 AM

Mar 2012
Wonder how Garo will get out of this one since it doesn't feel like he's gonna be losing here. Maybe the kid will get injured somehow and the will make him go crazy.
Nov 22, 2023 8:37 PM

Jul 2021
I'm excited to see what happens to garou.

Dec 10, 2023 3:33 AM

Nov 2023
Well this was fine except the animation was bad as usual
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.