Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2019 8:08 PM
Jan 2019
Nainu_ said:
More info has been revealed about Grisha's past, ehh? Ymir's letter to Historia was quite sad and we have a sneak peek about her captivity.

Can't wait for the Original Titan to show up soon. Can't wait for S4 as well.

Original titan is inside eren
Jun 23, 2019 8:09 PM

Sep 2011
Nainu_ said:
Alfonse said:

I'm trying to go back to see where this scene is in the episode and i just can't find it. Do you have a timestamp or general idea?

If it's about the timestamp: 15:11

I found it thanks. is that ymir up there? who is that?
Jun 23, 2019 8:12 PM

Oct 2013
Alfonse said:
Nainu_ said:

If it's about the timestamp: 15:11

I found it thanks. is that ymir up there? who is that?

A new character that you will get to know in season 4.
Jun 23, 2019 8:17 PM
Jun 2017
عمي ايسياما ايش تسوي 😥😥😥😥😥
Jun 23, 2019 8:30 PM

Nov 2013
I've been super hesitant to browse the forums at risk of future spoilers, but I had to comment
WHAT THE FUCKKKKK the end of the episode with that damn cliffhanger memory from the Owl.
You win anime AOT. GG
Best Season so far !
Jun 23, 2019 8:37 PM

Mar 2018
Next week will be fire! This one was soft
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Jun 23, 2019 9:51 PM
Jun 2017
Honestly I feel like the manga did this part better. This season so far was done great but this just didn't feel right.
Jun 23, 2019 10:06 PM

Jan 2009
Jun 23, 2019 10:16 PM

Apr 2019
I think Eren should try to hold hands with Historia (although that would be scandalous!) to command the titans.
Jun 23, 2019 10:53 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Xendr said:

Isn't she always?

Exactly!
Aplenty of shots in Season 1 beautified her even more with the red lips and whatnot but she’s always been a beauty nevertheless!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 23, 2019 10:56 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
SqueezedLemons said:
Honestly I feel like the manga did this part better. This season so far was done great but this just didn't feel right.

Maybe it’s just because of the slight increase in pace through the details compared to the manga that it’s not quite settling in as it did before?
A few bits of Season 3 Part 1 felt the same too for me.

Another factor could be the omission of a few details too. These last two episodes (Episodes 9 and 10) should be/have been around 30 minutes each as that’d probably do the trick just about fine.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 23, 2019 11:08 PM

Apr 2013
herrickluk said:
I've been super hesitant to browse the forums at risk of future spoilers, but I had to comment
WHAT THE FUCKKKKK the end of the episode with that damn cliffhanger memory from the Owl.
You win anime AOT. GG
Best Season so far !

I’m with you man. Its soooo good. I’m just here to comment how satisfying this episode was. To save Mikasa and Armin???!! I dunno wtf is happening... and I absolutely love it.
Jun 23, 2019 11:12 PM

Feb 2015
Kruger (Eren Kruger) killed all the soldiers and went back with Grisha, he told him that he chose him since the day that Faye was murdered, that Kruger’s mission is going to be transferred to him along with his titan and he cannot finish it because someone with titan powers only live thirteen years and this is his last year, he also revealed that if someone with titan powers die and didn’t transfer his powers, a baby born from eldians inherits the power, demostrating the great connection between the power and the people; Kruger also revealed that there are nine titans, that his titan is the attack titan and that someone with royal blood is able to explode the whole titans potential, especially the founding titan. Eren and Mikasa were released free. Historia received a letter from Ymir and saw memories from her. The regiment had an audience with the new leaders and revealed the three books and what they know about the history of the world. Kruger revealed that knows the names Armin and Mikasa, but doesn’t remember who they are.

It was a great episode with all that revelations, I think that the moment reached this anime, but is great to discover why Eren’s titan is so important, why is called the coordinate and the anime’s name got a different mean since that’s the name of Eren’s second titan, the one from Kruger.
Atlas77Aug 20, 2019 9:15 PM
Jun 23, 2019 11:49 PM

Oct 2017
Damn man im speechless. This season just changed everythng. I always was curious about the mystery and it far exceeded my expectations. Sigh one more episode to go. I hope wit studio does the next season too.
Jun 23, 2019 11:51 PM

Aug 2012
Episode 58 Endcard by Ayumi Yamada

Jun 23, 2019 11:52 PM
Apr 2016
Assassin's creed and genetical memory, y'all.

This is getting complicated and, possibly, worse? As far as I understand we are either not getting any answer about the source of Titan power, or if we are getting one it will be left there in the end. That really sucks because for such meticulously, masterfully crafted story having no definite 0 and 1 is somewhat regretful. Did I understand it right, that they still neither confirm nor disprove that the Devil Pact Eldians made was a work of fantasy, rather than science-fiction?
Re:formed
Jun 23, 2019 11:57 PM
Oct 2007
With some breathing space, this episode is so good.
Can't wait to watch S4 as always!

Did WIT Studios mentioned why they didn't want to continue working on AoT? I can't imagine that this isn't more than profitable for them. If it really aren't, then the industry has a problem since this is one of their biggest hit of all time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2019 11:58 PM
Apr 2016
HShouyou said:
Why did kruger mention mikasa and armin at the end? Isn't that the previous time so they didn't even exist

Look up Assassin's Creed, they played with it about 7-8 years ago. The memory between people sharing a bloodline (in this case, power of Assailant Titan) goes forth and back in time. When Eren Kruger was speaking to Grisha, memories from Eren Jeager started sipping into him. It is a cool concept but sets up quite a high plank for any series. Worst case scenario? They will never again mention this has happened.
Re:formed
Jun 23, 2019 11:58 PM

Apr 2019
guess i missed it
i just rewatched the ep
@T0ndo @Funseco @BestBoiEren
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 24, 2019 12:01 AM
May 2016
For all folks out there who think they are a true fan by pointing out changes in the anime, let me tell u a little story.
Isayama changes certain things in the anime because obviously he can't change them in the manga bcoz they are already published.
If u read his interviews you can easily find out. He even went to the length of saying that anime is the final product of SnK.
He had his problems with the uprising arc, so that's where the majority of changes have been made in the anime.
Also he changes scene in the first ep by adding the future dream sequence instead of the manga scene where Eren tells mikasa that her hair has grown long(because in manga too he has woken from a future dream where he saw mikasa with short hair, but the dream itself was not shown).
And the paths things have been explained by many so i am not gonna explain it again. Also try to put more focus on each line, Bcoz in SnK each line is of importance.
Jun 24, 2019 12:04 AM

Jul 2016
So, when a person becomes a Titan, how does their body know to grow a beard?

Is it just a mental thing? Like, in their mind, they know they have the beard, so their brain forms a Titan beard in that image?
Jun 24, 2019 12:24 AM
Oct 2018
The whole episode was good but most surprising moment was when Krueger said mikasa and armin's name.
Jun 24, 2019 12:52 AM
Apr 2019
qwertyMrJINX said:

Is it just a mental thing? Like, in their mind, they know they have the beard, so their brain forms a Titan beard in that image?
A titan's appearance depends on two things,
1. The person's human appearance
2. The titan syrum, it can decide your height, any special ability like hardening.
Jun 24, 2019 12:58 AM
Apr 2013
Another sick reveal for an amazing season. Even though I read the manga the chills I got with the music playing and the last few lines were great.
Jun 24, 2019 12:59 AM

Jan 2017
So, hold up, is there a degree of predestination with the Erens' titan because it wouldn't make sense for their memories to be connected since that would inevitably create a paradox of sorts -what, with bearers being able to learn what each have done... that would mean Grisha is simultaneously aware and unaware of some of what the future holds. Sounds like Schrodinger's cat. Best not over think it.

This was a great info dump, nonetheless; I can believe next week is the finale. God. No.
I do wonder how and if Eren will tell them, 'cause that sets a different dynamic between Eren and Historia.
Jun 24, 2019 1:00 AM
Apr 2019
N0-0NE said:
The episode is great, but the part of historia and how she got ymir's backstory through her memories is really confusing. This was not in the manga as ymir's backstory was already mentioned in season 2, so they tried to do something to skip mentioning ymir's backstory again but still it's really weird. Is it wit studio or isayama is the one who pointed for this change? I am an anime-only but i read the chapters after the episode directly so this question is for manga readers: can this be explained somehow by any newly revealed information in the manga?
Don't know. But Historia did get her father's memory while slicing his nape. I think may be being a royal blood Historia can get access to Ymir's memory. Seriously, I don't know.
Jun 24, 2019 1:02 AM
Apr 2019
SethBigBoss said:
Funseco said:

why do you think wit studio wont make season 4?
they cut this part
is this nitpicking?

This isn't nitpicking, that dude is just saying crap...
these things should have been adapted in anime.
Jun 24, 2019 1:02 AM

Feb 2017
Wait what exactly are the paths?

Are they some sort of invisible energy that connects all Eldians?
Jun 24, 2019 1:15 AM
Apr 2008

I don't like to admit it, but that panel gave me pause while watching. She's striking.

Daniel_Naumov said:
HShouyou said:
Why did kruger mention mikasa and armin at the end? Isn't that the previous time so they didn't even exist

Look up Assassin's Creed, they played with it about 7-8 years ago. The memory between people sharing a bloodline (in this case, power of Assailant Titan) goes forth and back in time. When Eren Kruger was speaking to Grisha, memories from Eren Jeager started sipping into him.

God DAMN that brought back memories. The chills I felt at the end of Asssassin's Creed 2 when that happened. Can't believe I didn't make the connection with AoT the two times it happened (manga and anime). Needless to say, when Kruger said Mikasa and Armin's names were also a similar WTF moment.
Jun 24, 2019 1:20 AM

May 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:

This is getting complicated and, possibly, worse? As far as I understand we are either not getting any answer about the source of Titan power, or if we are getting one it will be left there in the end. That really sucks because for such meticulously, masterfully crafted story having no definite 0 and 1 is somewhat regretful. Did I understand it right, that they still neither confirm nor disprove that the Devil Pact Eldians made was a work of fantasy, rather than science-fiction?

Yes... what Krueger was attempting to articulate was that there wasn't a need to understand Ymir's backstory since there is some fiction and truth in tales like hers. Point is, both the restorationists and Marleyeans have jaded views which ultimately creates a perpetual state of discrimination.

Jun 24, 2019 1:21 AM

Jul 2016
NakolHira said:
qwertyMrJINX said:

2. The titan syrum, it can decide your height, any special ability like hardening.

Right, but a beard isn't genetic like a person's facial structure, or hair color. Like, Eren's Titan has the same color hair as he does, but the hair itself is proportionally quite a bit longer.
Jun 24, 2019 1:53 AM

Jul 2014
I'm finally processing things after last week's episode, with a lot of what this episode did and showed really helping things come together and make sense. The explanations about the Coordinate, why that worked for Eren before and the transfer of memories was interesting, but I don't really understand how or why memories from the future can be transferred.

Also, is it worth reading more into the fact that the Owl's name was Eren, or did Grisha just use that as inspiration for his son's name?
Jun 24, 2019 2:03 AM

Jul 2015
Wow they really done it weel,

they nicely paralleled Eren Kruger and Eren Yaeger

and they rectified the mistake in the manga about having to eat the titan with royal blood to he correct version touching.

Also they added Historia touching the letter and connecting to the paths.

And Ymir's memories foreshadowed he next arc.

One Episode to go.

Jun 24, 2019 2:04 AM
Jan 2019
qwertyMrJINX said:

Lol... the titans looks like the human that transformet into them
Jun 24, 2019 2:10 AM
Apr 2019
qwertyMrJINX said:
NakolHira said:

Right, but a beard isn't genetic like a person's facial structure, or hair color. Like, Eren's Titan has the same color hair as he does, but the hair itself is proportionally quite a bit longer.
may be it's genetic, like many people just don't have beard not because they cut it but actually they really don't have.It's genetic I think.
Atavistic said:

Also, is it worth reading more into the fact that the Owl's name was Eren, or did Grisha just use that as inspiration for his son's name?
I think Grisha named his son after Eren Kruger. Literally Kruger gave a new life and goal to Grisha.
Jun 24, 2019 2:13 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Only one more episode left.

Jun 24, 2019 2:30 AM

Jan 2018
damn they just keep feeding us lore and lore and lore and lore. dammmnnnn
Jun 24, 2019 2:41 AM
Dec 2013
Wow. So Eren (who is currently 15 years old) has only 8 years left to live, while Armin has 13 years left to live. Pretty much everyone who has the ability to transform into a titan has 13 years left to live from when they first acquired that ability (unless they get killed before 13 years has passed, of course). Eren's going to die at age 23.

I see how Eren Yeager got his first name. Grisha named him after Eren Kruger.
wildhoodJun 24, 2019 3:13 AM
Jun 24, 2019 3:09 AM

Oct 2018
This episode is finally about to snap Hobo Eren. Hatred, Anger, to seek freedom and to protect someone.

Next week is a
Jun 24, 2019 3:13 AM
Jan 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:

The owl said both sides are made up/ myth
Jun 24, 2019 3:19 AM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
hzain3131 said:
عمي ايسياما ايش تسوي 😥😥😥😥😥

This is the first time I have seen an Arabic comment xD
Jun 24, 2019 3:40 AM

Apr 2018
Dayum the flashback is really intriguing me. Eren should just tell them about the truth and memories he's getting. I wonder who the Armin and Mikasa Eren Krueger mentioned
Jun 24, 2019 3:49 AM

Aug 2012
Ameen_Aftab said:

Also he changes scene in the first ep by adding the future dream sequence instead of the manga scene where Eren tells mikasa that her hair has grown long(because in manga too he has woken from a future dream where he saw mikasa with short hair, but the dream itself was not shown).

Lol. Not all changes are done by isayama
In the manga mikasa has the asian clan tattooed in her arm. In the anime it was censored, and she only has a napkin with the asian clan symbol.

As for the first episode, we still dont know who that woman was. It was cut because it would have been too confusing and out of context or maybe because that person wasnt mikasa? I dont consider the first episode to be the final version. That first chapter is also extremely important.

But yes, the important part is that eren got memories from the future before gaining titan powers, just like historia right now.
Jun 24, 2019 3:53 AM

Jul 2010
laviha said:
It will end next week damn it

also you know the plot is getting more interesting when they finally say the title of the show

True. You can tell that everything was planned from start, unexpected to the point the title of the show is translated wrong. This is really a masterpiece.
Jun 24, 2019 4:04 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, it's sad they can't live more !
Jun 24, 2019 4:09 AM
Jun 2017
more and more past being revealed, and they said it Attack Titan...

next week is the last episode of this series...
Jun 24, 2019 4:17 AM
Mar 2019
This episode was pretty cool... They added that anime only scene too which was kinda shocking but gotta say they did Eren Kruger's character pretty good
FanBoii
Jun 24, 2019 4:29 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Oops, finally detected a change from the manga storyline. That bit with Historia's paths intersecting while she was a reading Ymir's letter was pretty revealing and not in the manga. Interesting.

The animation//art was a bit poor. Armin and Mikasa looked like they were drawn by the C-team. I suppose they're saving up for the grand finale.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 24, 2019 4:48 AM

Jul 2016
one more episode and then we have to wait till season 4 in 2025 no doubt...
Jun 24, 2019 4:53 AM

Aug 2012
Farabeuf said:
Oops, finally detected a change from the manga storyline. That bit with Historia's paths intersecting while she was a reading Ymir's letter was pretty revealing and not in the manga. Interesting.

The animation//art was a bit poor. Armin and Mikasa looked like they were drawn by the C-team. I suppose they're saving up for the grand finale.
What the art was good this episode, characters were on model unlike episode 7.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.