Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2019 4:52 PM

Feb 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally they became sisters again.
May 17, 2019 5:45 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
so like

theres more movies coming right?

im fucking in love with girls, i just hope theres.... more...

... more bad ones.....

ps:

thats a damn good amount of sexy gifs im gonna be making x3
May 17, 2019 5:47 PM

Feb 2018
EcchiGodMamster said:
so like

... more bad ones.....

ps:

Is it true that this only has two episodes? I heard rumors that this will have 20+ episodes.
May 17, 2019 5:50 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Williem said:
EcchiGodMamster said:
so like

... more bad ones.....

ps:

Is it true that this only has two episodes? I heard rumors that this will have 20+ episodes.

it was originally gonna be 6 one hour long episodes iirc

im assuming its being done movie style to make it easier for japanese people to see them, i read thats the reason Code Geass was done into a movie

oh boy would i LOOOOOOOOOOVE 20 episodes of this, lets just hope were not waiting ages for the rest like we had to for this, since you know.. it was announced in 2017

ps: since it was just recently, i can't stop hearing Yotsuba from quintuplets and Hasuki from Juliet whenever Tohka talks lol

EcchiGodMamsterMay 17, 2019 6:00 PM
May 17, 2019 8:42 PM

Jan 2018
Well, why did I even bother with this piece of garbage was never interested in the story watched it for the characters and they are the biggest disappointment of this anime for me that MC what was his name again ugh... as much as I loved Yuuji in the original series I hated him that much his appearance, the way he talks, his voice, his attitude I hate everything about it.

And let's not go towards the girl's cast then again I was never interested in badass girls so... 2/10.
May 17, 2019 9:16 PM

Feb 2018
Congintive said:
Well, why did I even bother with this piece of garbage was never interested in the story watched it for the characters and they are the biggest disappointment of this anime for me that MC what was his name again ugh... as much as I loved Yuuji in the original series I hated him that much his appearance, the way he talks, his voice, his attitude I hate everything about it.

And let's not go towards the girl's cast then again I was never interested in badass girls so... 2/10.
2/10 Are you sure? xD.
May 17, 2019 11:17 PM

Jan 2018
Williem said:
Congintive said:

2/10 Are you sure? xD.

Well, if u ask me than the original series is ∞ times better than this crap.
May 19, 2019 7:17 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
wow.. how could i forget to mention how arguable best girl (Murasaki) gets all the good booty shots

boy was she killin' that business suit<3333
May 19, 2019 5:14 PM

Feb 2018
EcchiGodMamster said:
wow.. how could i forget to mention how arguable best girl (Murasaki) gets all the good booty shots

I think so too. Especially when she was in the scene "I'm just an ordinary girl who likes ninjas".Makes people misunderstand ... God, she's so cute.
May 19, 2019 5:22 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Williem said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

I think so too. Especially when she was in the scene "I'm just an ordinary girl who likes ninjas".Makes people misunderstand ... God, she's so cute.

haha, yea, cute, sexy and badass is the best mix<3

then again, that describes them all for me

its still a bit of a race between Murasaki and Rena for me, but i think im definitely leaning more towards Murasaki right now

we'll see as the movies continue... whenever that is.....
May 22, 2019 4:03 AM

Oct 2012
well ep 2 was better than the first. still fails in comparison to grasalia.

will there be more? it says finished airing but we got an ep 2. weird. why dont they just make it into an anime 12 to 24 ep 2 seasons like grasalia
May 22, 2019 4:32 AM

Jul 2017
As much as I find this Grisaia segment (Phantom Trigger) a canon to the original series (Kaijutsu, Meikyuu, Rakuen), it's exactly the same thoughts as I have with the 1st half (Episode 1) of the film. As a film, these episodic stories serve no purpose whatsoever. @Congintive pretty much agree, even as a seasoned Grisaia fan.

Held longer at close to an hour of screentime, the story continues on the backstory of Sics and Bucks, two dog-meet-dog "sisters" trying to find a place in society by natural assassination instinct. As much as their rivalry goes, action is the only reminiscent of the core series. And at trying to imitate Yuuji's harem condition with the main female lead, I have no words to say, just feels unsatisfactory and unnecessary.

In retrospect, would appreciate this series of it were a typical TV 3-month series like the others back then.
May 22, 2019 5:27 AM

Feb 2018
ss4chris said:

will there be more? it says finished airing but we got an ep 2. weird. why dont they just make it into an anime 12 to 24 ep 2 seasons like grasalia
Maybe for them the anime was their main advertising tool and two episodes were thought enough to promote their products.
May 22, 2019 7:23 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i just hope the sequel doesn't come out next year... tired of waiting, just fucking take my money already
May 22, 2019 9:32 PM

Feb 2018
EcchiGodMamster said:
i just hope the sequel doesn't come out next year... tired of waiting, just fucking take my money already
Come on, don't be like that ... We are people who always wait only for such works. It would be very sad that the sequel will not come out next year or so on.

Even though there are no such genres of many harem genres.
May 23, 2019 2:55 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Williem said:
EcchiGodMamster said:
Come on, don't be like that ... We are people who always wait only for such works. It would be very sad that the sequel will not come out next year or so on.

this got announced in mid 2017 and were only just now seeing it... im NOT waiting another year and a 1/2

fuck that... just take my money already lol

what?

EcchiGodMamsterMay 23, 2019 3:06 AM
May 23, 2019 3:21 AM

Feb 2018
EcchiGodMamster said:
Williem said:

this got announced in mid 2017 and were only just now seeing it... im NOT waiting another year and a 1/2

fuck that... just take my money already lol

what?

Come on, don't be so: v say you like they robbed you. Lol
Jun 2, 2019 12:43 PM

Dec 2016
This was fun and enjoyable, but... what's the point of it's existence?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 15, 2019 9:45 PM

Oct 2017
The new girls r cute and great. The new mc didn't get much attention in the movie and it was mainly Rena and Maki's story. Their flashback was sad and I'm happy they got to mend things and start over as sisters again. I wonder if a series will be announced soon , cause i sure hope this gets a full series soon.
MegamiRemJun 16, 2019 1:52 PM
Jun 18, 2019 7:54 PM
Apr 2015
ss4chris said:

Wait, so this isn't a movie? Why there is some episodes?
Jun 20, 2019 3:50 AM

Oct 2012
Francis_0 said:
ss4chris said:

its like a movie in EP form. ya. weird lol
Jun 23, 2019 7:17 PM
Apr 2015
ss4chris said:
Francis_0 said:

How long the duration each episode?
Jun 23, 2019 7:22 PM

Feb 2018
@Francis_0

24 Minutes
Jun 23, 2019 7:30 PM
Apr 2015

So there is still one more episode and not released yet
Jun 23, 2019 7:40 PM

Feb 2018
@Francis_0

If seen from the second episode maybe there is no third episode because the ending of the second episode is like that. I don't know if there are advanced episodes but I hear rumors that this will have more than twenty episodes.
Jun 23, 2019 7:49 PM

Oct 2012
Francis_0 said:
ss4chris said:

How long the duration each episode?

the one who replied to you is wrong. 1st ep is 44 mins about and 2nd ep is almost an hr.
Jun 23, 2019 7:49 PM

Oct 2012

wrong..

1st ep is 44 mins

2nd ep is almost 60
Jun 23, 2019 8:04 PM

Feb 2018
I don't know I also forgot about the duration. The important thing is to watch.
Jun 23, 2019 9:45 PM
Apr 2015
ss4chris said:

wrong..

1st ep is 44 mins

2nd ep is almost 60

Well, that explain completely for the description of one hour 30 minutes duration
Jul 21, 2019 9:27 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty fine two-part movie, as a whole, despite being rather bland in all honesty.
Confirmation that there’ll be more of this (can’t confirm whether it’ll be a whole entry or just more episodes of this particular entry though), so definitely looking forward to that!

Intriguing (albeit typical) new cast of Characters in this side-story sequel-ish setting. Compared to the Original Grisaia Series, the ‘sex’ element is far toned down but more frequent Action. On that note, however, the action sequences weren’t particularly great but just about good enough to get you invested (first episode right was much cooler and engaging though) I suppose. Really predictable plot line though, here's to hoping they spice it up a bit, and some really unneeded fan service every now and then, it didn’t exactly bother too much but some just felt bland that’s all. Really liked how they set up this ‘family’ as fickle on the other hand, these girls dying off in a battle wouldn’t be unheard of after all, and seeing the other smaller ‘family’ of the three reconciling was nice to see.

Favourite bit from the movie to me wold obviously go to the disguise of the Ninja Girl, that bit was amazing and hilarious at the same time. Boy, that was some good watch. Rena reconciling with her little sister was handled fairly well too. I feel like Haruto is one of those characters which have more going on behind the scenes than that catches the eye or something of the sort but that’s just a gut feeling really. Animation and the Sound Department were really good for the most bit and great in some cases, hoping Bibury Animation Studios can keep this up and hopefully not keep us waiting for ages. Opening was okay but the ending theme songs were much more soothing to listen to.

Solid 6.0/10.
_MushiRock11_Jul 21, 2019 10:59 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 25, 2019 7:06 AM

Jul 2015
Yup.
You have awesome, badass, alpha male harem king, who despite his profession despises killing, making him likeable and sympathetic.
Each girls has their own troubled past, their characters develop throughout the story and like only one of them can be considered a fighter because it is not needed.

Replace it edgy, katana wielding trap, who for some reason despises firearms because edge.
And let's mix in some murderous genetic assassins lolis who takes great pleasure with killing, which makes them even more unlikable.

Jul 26, 2019 4:11 AM

May 2018
So thats all, a little better than the first episode in all aspects. I love the sister and master relationships along with the fight between the sisters. The episode ended with a happy ending and I am happy with it that it doesn't leave you with a sad ending. Hoping for more episodes because I really miss Grisaia, it doesn't need to be the real Grisaia the show is still have the vibes from the orginal but not that much. I'm still glad about this show.

Jan 4, 2020 8:37 PM

Jun 2013
I like this concept of new generation of assassins and masters. It's different and unique in it's own way. The characters seemed interesting too. It's not harem but the main character Haruto is suave but not as cool as Yuuji. Still I would like to believe that Yuuji has officially retired from being an assassin and is happily spending his new found freedom with his harem somewhere in the world.

I wish there was more to this movie. It just felt so short. I hope the creators produce a full fledged series in future.
Jan 20, 2020 2:40 PM

May 2016
I want more of this... especially some more info on Master his background seemed pretty dark. 8/10
Aug 3, 2020 11:19 AM

May 2015
This would work much better as your normal TV series. 2 episodes, even if they are longer, just doesn't work for me. 5/10
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 6, 2021 11:52 AM

Apr 2013
Was more fun than the first part somehow, new girl is hot so I approve.
May 4, 2021 1:46 AM

Apr 2020
This shouldn't be considered a sequel to Rakuen.
It was all right. I still prefer the previous ones 6/10
Yuuji missing is a big deal.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Aug 9, 2021 12:03 AM

Feb 2014
i guess our trap as added another girl to his harem hehe *sigh*
Jan 8, 2022 8:43 AM

Dec 2008
Practically a spin off lol The main dude fro mthe previous seasons wasnt here...so why care. It was just another gal with guns kinda show...meh 4/10
Jul 26, 2022 11:35 AM

Nov 2010
Nice Alien reference.

Very nice catfight. Man, Rena is so damn hot!

Wow, lots of backers in the end. I find Japanese usernames interesting. lol

Plot is fine. Animation is really good! 6+1/10
Apr 1, 2023 2:26 PM
Apr 2023
Eu amei todo o conceito de Grisaia, todas as adaptações tem a força para te prender aos conceitos da historia, eu amei simplesmente tudo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia: Phantom Trigger The Animation Episode 1 Discussion

Jiharo - Mar 22, 2019

24 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Nov 29, 2022 10:36 PM

» Is this the end of Yuuji saga ?

Shomix - Jan 5, 2018

10 by DarknessReality »»
Jul 16, 2020 5:12 PM

» "Grisaia: Phantom Trigger The Animation - StarGazer" PV Completed

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

1 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Jul 6, 2020 3:08 AM

» How does Phantom Trigger relate to the original story?

TunyVuny - Feb 6, 2019

10 by NaotoCC »»
Mar 14, 2019 2:10 PM

» Anime is delayed for March 15, it's now going to premiere in japanese theaters.

DatRandomDude - Dec 12, 2018

6 by thepath »»
Dec 13, 2018 9:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.