Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2019 3:24 PM
May 2019
Edylson said:
AyumiVk said:

Well the thing is, the producers said that this time Isayama didn't request any changes for this season, aside from a few rearranges like that scene of Erwin and Reiner at the top of the wall and Gross breaking the 4th wall!!

Im surprised no one is commenting this but, THEY SHOWED SOMETHINH THAT WILL APPEAR IN S4, it was a quickflash but still
Edylson said:
AyumiVk said:

Well the thing is, the producers said that this time Isayama didn't request any changes for this season, aside from a few rearranges like that scene of Erwin and Reiner at the top of the wall and Gross breaking the 4th wall!!

Im surprised no one is commenting this but, THEY SHOWED SOMETHINH THAT WILL APPEAR IN S4, it was a quickflash but still
tom xavier? Oh,is that glasses guy in Liberio district?
Jun 23, 2019 3:29 PM

Nov 2016
Low-key one of the best reveals ever. Fantastic episode again, this season deserves every bit of praise.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 23, 2019 3:31 PM

Mar 2016
HShouyou said:
Why did kruger mention mikasa and armin at the end? Isn't that the previous time so they didn't even exist

This is from the Wikia:

Here's the link if you want more (but be aware of manga spoilers): https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/Path
Jun 23, 2019 3:37 PM
Nov 2017
Smh where potato girl at
Jun 23, 2019 3:43 PM
May 2019
Funseco said:
Nim0174 said:
@Funseco

what im just as disappointed about being cut is

you dont need to use spoiler tag
and yes he said that both sides of the stories are made up.

the cut is on the examples "seventeen centuries of ethnic cleansing? If that were true , there wouldnt be a strand of marleyan hair left on this planet. Our ancestor ymir brought us nothing but wealth with the power of the titans? That doesnt sound like any human I´ve ever heard of."

But at least they mantained the part of eldian-god, marley-devil, the source of all living matter and that anyone can become a god or devil all it takes is for someone to claim it to be true

See thats all I was wanting is something positive ive seen you just complaining about the cuts and changes and while you have the right to do so I feel like the anime does things right as well
Jun 23, 2019 3:53 PM

Aug 2013
Aaawh next week is the last episode!!! I really want a season 4!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2019 3:56 PM

Aug 2012
I have been thinking about this historia thing... What if isayama spoiled us that historia is going to eat the founding titan in the future? Is historia going to transform into a titan and eat eren? Is eren going to eat the jaw titan and afterwards historia eats eren?
Thats the only way I can see this memory thing working out
Jun 23, 2019 4:12 PM

Oct 2013
Well if Historia can end up getting one of the Titan powers aside from the Founding Titan which Eren has, I can see everything working out for the Eldians. Eren can touch Historia in her titan form and he can control the titans
Jun 23, 2019 4:14 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I guess they have to rename the official English title of the series after all these years now or the title drop won't make sense
Jun 23, 2019 4:22 PM

Jan 2015
Nim0174 said:
@Funseco

what im just as disappointed about being cut is

he said no one knows what the real truth is, so that kinda implied that, and he did mention the the source of all things too
Jun 23, 2019 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
HShouyou said:
Why did kruger mention mikasa and armin at the end? Isn't that the previous time so they didn't even exist
not even solved in the manga. People have theories that paths not only transcend space, but they also transcend time.
Jun 23, 2019 4:45 PM

Jun 2015
Funseco said:
Nim0174 said:
im confused about why they changed that part with ymirs letter and why the memories activated, i need some clarification on this change

If this was done by wit studio then its a major plothole

If this was done by Isayama, then that means ymir died in that moment and thats why historia got to see her memories. The memories were sent through the form of paths and she got to see them because she was touching the letter and also because she has royal blood

Still this sounds too retarded and I am more inclined to believe that wit studio fucked up again by adding this anime original scene

Also another episode with massive cuts.

It's been tweeted out and written in Isayama's blog that he gets to oversee the anime's production. He said he messed up on the manga several times and almost every change made in the anime is his way of correcting the story. That's why the Cadet Training Arc occurred before the Trost Arc, and that's why we got Ymir's flashback when she was escaping with Reiner and Bertholdt in season 2 instead of in this season. The only change I can think of that wouldn't fit Isayama's line of planning is when Eren's titan lit on fire and went berserk on Annie in the finale of s1, I think that was purely to appeal to the audience.

Here's an English article talking about it: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/22/attack-on-titan-creator-hopes-season-3-will-let-him-erase-regret-of-the-manga

You can also find a tweet on Isayama's twitter around late 2016/early 2017 about this. There's also a post from early 2018 on his blog as well. Both are in Japanese.
ixaaJun 23, 2019 4:48 PM
Jun 23, 2019 4:48 PM

Mar 2019
Perfect Episode !! The complexity of the story is outstanding, I still have 846784 questions to be answered but I guess that I've to wait till the anime gets full adaptation.

Praise Eren Kruger, I love that guy.
Loved the interactions of Historia with the soldiers tho.
Soundtracks were on spot. Honestly, the episode was flawless.

Can't believe that 1 ep left. Hope that we get season 4 in 2020-2021 tho !!
Jun 23, 2019 4:53 PM

Feb 2008
This part really confused me while reading the manga. But I guess you could "explain" it as if the path trascends time... which I don't really agree with, but it's a valid take on it.

I just can't accept that Kruger has memories from people who aren't even born. I can accept Mikasa, because she's an Ackerman, but Armin... what I instantly thought was that, as other people have said, a time loop that repeats itself because of the mistakes of the eldian people.

Nevertheless, it was a great episode. Can't wait for the soundtrack on wednesday.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jun 23, 2019 4:53 PM

Jun 2016
asdqua said:
AyumiVk said:
I can't believe next week's episode is the last one, damn it.

Funseco said:
I have been thinking about this historia thing... What if isayama spoiled us that historia is going to eat the founding titan in the future? Is historia going to transform into a titan and eat eren? Is eren going to eat the jaw titan and afterwards historia eats eren?
Thats the only way I can see this memory thing working out

I hate that you made sense.. i really hope the paths glitch was due to something else.
ayumiisJun 23, 2019 4:57 PM
Jun 23, 2019 5:01 PM

Oct 2013
zeroj said:
This part really confused me while reading the manga. But I guess you could "explain" it as if the path trascends time... which I don't really agree with, but it's a valid take on it.

I just can't accept that Kruger has memories from people who aren't even born. I can accept Mikasa, because she's an Ackerman, but Armin... what I instantly thought was that, as other people have said, a time loop that repeats itself because of the mistakes of the eldian people.

Nevertheless, it was a great episode. Can't wait for the soundtrack on wednesday.

Some are speculating that Eren was influencing Kruger memories at that very moment, since he did say, whose memories are these?
Jun 23, 2019 5:24 PM

Apr 2017
ok, i take back what i said about last episode being the best adapted, because this one easily takes the cake. i was literally on the edge, just so engrossed in the episode that i'm absolutely speechless. what an adaptation. grisha and kruger's talk was spot on, and the music as grisha stood up was surprisingly very fitting for the scene.

P A T H S were explained about as well as possible lmao, there's so much in the manga that we're still unravelling about P A T H S that it's kinda hard to come to a conclusion as to what they are exactly. the coordinate/founding titan was also explained really well.

ymir's letter to historia was about as heartbreaking to watch as it was to read. it's good to hear ymir's VA back though.

the voice acting in this episode was top notch. everything flowed really well, and it was overall just a really good episode. can't wait for the finale.
Jun 23, 2019 5:29 PM

Jan 2016
mrbull3tproof said:
I think that memory flash during reading the letter was a nice way from the studio to not repeat Imir backstory we've seen already in s2 and what also would consume substantial amount of the ep time. The only thing missing in the manga and appeared in this "memory flash" was that man standing in the front of chained person, but since Historia knows what was the role of that cave I don't think it changes anything.

You guys seriously failed to understand that trick made by studio and digging looking for second bottom.

Exactly, since they already introduced her backstory in S2, this was a practical way to do a quick little recap, without spending screen time on rehashing the same clips again.

kiomeow said:

We already did ... at the very beginning of the first episode of season 3.
OsjetljiviJun 23, 2019 5:33 PM
Jun 23, 2019 5:40 PM

Nov 2015
im so confused , but im trying not to read the manga
Jun 23, 2019 5:44 PM

Aug 2012
AyumiVk said:

I hate that you made sense.. i really hope the paths glitch was due to something else.

I may have exaggerated. Historia is probably only going to eat the jaw titan. She has to. There is no way ymir memories appear out of nowhere.
Jun 23, 2019 5:52 PM

Sep 2018
Man... I'm not prepared for the season finale :c We need a hashtag in twitter about #ThanksWitStudio or something, I don't want to them leave the series
I keep moving forward
Jun 23, 2019 5:57 PM

Sep 2016
maem said:
Edylson said:

you mean this scene ?

^^^ This scene alone makes me want to follow the manga already
Jun 23, 2019 5:57 PM

Oct 2013
The Owl revealed a lot of interesting informations to Grisha. For me the most shocking was the one about "Ymir's curse" that gives only 13 years of life to a person after he/she acquires the power of one from 9 (intelligent) titans.

Levi had some good and funny texts as always.

I didn't know Ymir and Historia were in that kind of romantic relationship (if Ymir was serious in her letter). I thought they were only close friends.
Good to see what happened with Ymir and good to see Historia again. It's been a while since her last appearance.

So everyone behind the walls are not humans like Mare, but only look like them while having certain modification inside their DNA that connects them with that legendary Ymir?

Ymir's dialogue with Eren while Hanji was talking during their official meeting looked kinda awkward, but it was the only one weak element of this episode. It can be compared to a tear in the sea, so no big deal. ;) Just I managed to remember it as looking kinda awkward with used loud dialogues.

Last words from Kruger were mindblowing.

Awesome episode, as all in this Season. One episode left. :( I'm wondering when Season 4 is gonna be released.
Jun 23, 2019 5:59 PM

Sep 2016
As Hange mentioned the world being their enemy, I started to doubt which side was the true villain in the series.
Jun 23, 2019 6:02 PM
May 2019
The episode is great, but the part of historia and how she got ymir's backstory through her memories is really confusing. This was not in the manga as ymir's backstory was already mentioned in season 2, so they tried to do something to skip mentioning ymir's backstory again but still it's really weird. Is it wit studio or isayama is the one who pointed for this change? I am an anime-only but i read the chapters after the episode directly so this question is for manga readers: can this be explained somehow by any newly revealed information in the manga?
Jun 23, 2019 6:03 PM
Feb 2009
can't believe next week is the season finale :/ awesome episode though
Jun 23, 2019 6:05 PM
May 2019
keragamming said:
Is there any adaptation that adapts a source material 100%? its not just wit studio, it happens to every studio, and I'm not talking only anime but any tv series/movies.

JoJo Part 5 anime did it better than the manga, David Pro is really great studio
Jun 23, 2019 6:14 PM

Dec 2014
As an anime-only who knows a lot of manga spoilers, I gotta say that the ending of this episode is the only thing that's left me confused and bewildered in a good while. Awesome.
Jun 23, 2019 6:21 PM

Feb 2019
When people look back Attack on Titan will be the anime people most remember from this decade. It will go down as a classic. I wish it had a clear end and that WIT was still adapting this, but it is hard to complain when they chose to pick up Vinland Saga.

Can't believe the final episode is next week.
Jun 23, 2019 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
I was kinda hoping they were gonna play Counterattack Mankind at the reveal of the name of the Attack Titan. Oh well, still an amazing episode. Next week is the finale. God, need a season 4. I really wanna see the beginning of the series revisited again and Reiner's backstory.
Jun 23, 2019 6:26 PM
Apr 2016
So, all the pieces connect now. Eren's lifespan seems to be running low, poor Mikasa.. Well, a lot happened, too much to type. Great episode.
Jun 23, 2019 6:28 PM
Pen

Mar 2018
Feels like apart of my childhood is ending, But these last few eps are amazing wonder how they will end the anime off.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 23, 2019 6:33 PM

May 2009
I can't believe season is ending in 1 episode. I want more, more, more! xD
Jun 23, 2019 6:44 PM

Sep 2017
That was such a sick title drop. So more info dump this episode. They even tried to science it a bit with this concept of paths. Kinda weird and confusing, but I'm sure it will make more sense in time. The 13 years thing is a big reveal. It does explain why the powers keep getting passed on like that. I swear Yuri had lived longer than 13 years tho. At least that was my impression, but I guess not.

The biggest wtf was when the Owl dropped that line about Mikasa and such. Especially after going on about things repeating over and over. Are we implying there's gonna be some time travel shit. I really don't think AoT needs that in it's story and I'd really prefer if it didn't. Idk... I can't see how else he'd have memories of ppl that don't even exist yet. Unless you're gonna tell me Mikasa and Armin are like descendants of the original nine or something.
Jun 23, 2019 6:52 PM
Jun 2013
ProofByColor said:
That was such a sick title drop. So more info dump this episode. They even tried to science it a bit with this concept of paths. Kinda weird and confusing, but I'm sure it will make more sense in time. The 13 years thing is a big reveal. It does explain why the powers keep getting passed on like that. I swear Yuri had lived longer than 13 years tho. At least that was my impression, but I guess not.

The biggest wtf was when the Owl dropped that line about Mikasa and such. Especially after going on about things repeating over and over. Are we implying there's gonna be some time travel shit. I really don't think AoT needs that in it's story and I'd really prefer if it didn't. Idk... I can't see how else he'd have memories of ppl that don't even exist yet. Unless you're gonna tell me Mikasa and Armin are like descendants of the original nine or something.

A line that was cut from Kruger's explanation of Paths is that they "transcend space". From there, we can infer that they also transcend time. It just means that memories can be received from the future as well as the past. Kruger connected with Grisha's memories. If you remember from episode 9 of Season 1, when Eren is remembering when his father injected him, he tells him "If you want to save Mikasa, Armin and everyone else.....".
Jun 23, 2019 6:52 PM

Jan 2009
the title drop is here Attack on Titan

and im surprise they added a scene where Historia triggered the "Paths" to see all the memories of Ymir

and ye looks like the Paths is beyond just passing memories its also knowing memories beyond time like the Owl mention Armin and Mikasa there without Eren and them being born yet

so this might be a time loop thing story (history repeats itself) scenario
Jun 23, 2019 6:53 PM

Oct 2013
ProofByColor said:

Path, connected to all subject of Ymir = aka eldians. Path transcends space and time, so it has more to do with memories. He somehow got memories from Eren or you could say Grisha as well if you think deeper into it.
Jun 23, 2019 7:00 PM

Feb 2018
Damn that title drop tho, Attack Titan

WTF i was caught off guard at that ending Mikasa Armin names transcend time. I'm in awe what a writing damn
Jun 23, 2019 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
Yo is this show for real after all that happens then right at the end they drop that wtf moment right at you leaving you even more confused

the power to transcend time how does it work?! i'm having a king Crimson moment here

the foreshadowing in this show is staggering how much has been planned all these years it's oda level of foreshadowing lol.
Jun 23, 2019 7:03 PM

Jan 2009
thinking about it now the Paths is like the concept in quantum physics called quantum entanglement that says everything is connected (so that includes space and time)

EDIT:

i googled my theory and others already mention the quantum entanglement stuff too like here https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/aa1pjk/manga_spoilers_the_purpose_of_paths/ecohpoe/
Jun 23, 2019 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
The Attack Titan! damnnnn
What an amazing story, Owl passed his power to Grisha so that he can pass it to his Son and then Eren will have to restore everything, damn!

I wonder if Eren's powers can work without Historia, like maybe if he takes her blood or something, would be interesting.

And what was that ending? How owl knows about Mikasa and Armin????? This anime is just amazing!

Btw i really think that if Owl wanted he could have saved Dina but i think he preferred to do it the safest way possible.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 23, 2019 7:29 PM

Apr 2016
I'm just really sad Ymir died
Jun 23, 2019 7:40 PM
Jan 2016
Wow, this show dont stop impressing me!

So a lot of happening in the past where all conected in someway, Eren while saving Mikasa from "Dina", he could control titans cause he touched her! If Owl didn't had transformed Dina into titan it wouldn't happen!

And Ymir's letter to Historia was an awesome moment too, she was the children transformed into titan in the preview episode, and she showed to Historia her memories, she saw it cause Historia had royal blood!

So the Owl tranfered her power to Grisha, for he later pass it to her Eren, for Eren save the Eldian, and Grisha named Eren in honor of her saviour! And the Grisha's son will figth against each other!

With that amount of revelations we still got more misteries to see, what a clifhanger it created!

And wtf was that at the end, Owl talking about save Armin and Mikasa, how the hell he mention names from the future, it looked like Eren's memories! What a clifhanger!

One more episode to got, i dont want it to finish yet! :(

Jun 23, 2019 7:55 PM
May 2019
Limaolc said:

and she showed to Historia her memories, she saw it cause Historia had royal blood!

Well, Historia seeing Ymir's memories is an anime original scene. In the manga, Ymir has written her backstory in the letter and that was how Historia knew the past of Ymir in the manga. This was the first time in the manga we had ever seen Ymir's past unlike the anime which showed it way earlier in season 2. They just wanted to skip mentioning Ymir's past again by doing this trick which really doesn't have an explanation in the manga (and I don't think it will have in the anime). Maybe Historia and Ymir have connected paths... I don't know but why wouldn't they stay faithful to the manga by putting such confusing details?
Jun 23, 2019 7:58 PM
Mar 2015
The Eldians strike back
Jun 23, 2019 7:58 PM

Sep 2011
maem said:
Edylson said:

you mean this scene ?

I'm trying to go back to see where this scene is in the episode and i just can't find it. Do you have a timestamp or general idea?
Jun 23, 2019 8:01 PM
May 2019
Alfonse said:
maem said:

you mean this scene ?

I'm trying to go back to see where this scene is in the episode and i just can't find it. Do you have a timestamp or general idea?

It's when Historia got Ymir's memories
Jun 23, 2019 8:01 PM

Jan 2018
More info has been revealed about Grisha's past, ehh? Ymir's letter to Historia was quite sad and we have a sneak peek about her captivity.

Can't wait for the Original Titan to show up soon. Can't wait for S4 as well.

Jun 23, 2019 8:03 PM

Jan 2018
Alfonse said:
maem said:

you mean this scene ?

If it's about the timestamp: 15:11
Jun 23, 2019 8:04 PM

May 2016
Kitoge said:
Well if Historia can end up getting one of the Titan powers aside from the Founding Titan which Eren has, I can see everything working out for the Eldians. Eren can touch Historia in her titan form and he can control the titans

Doesn’t Zeke also have royal blood too? Since he’s the son of Dina? So Eren could also interact with him
“May those who accept their fate be granted Happiness, may those who defy their fate be granted Glory.”
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.