Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2019 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup, more info dump about the past again.

It's still an important episode considering the context about the Titans from Grisha's point of view. About time Eren and Mikasa got released from their cells. Also, there's some more narratives from Ymir herself. Man, it's been awhile since we've heard from her. Even back then, she showed her feelings in her words.
Jun 23, 2019 8:32 AM

Mar 2016
Yooo! So PATHS glitches are possible after all...

I've been waiting for YEARS to listen Kruger say "that" phrase and finally... Yes!
azertz99Jun 23, 2019 9:28 AM
Jun 23, 2019 8:35 AM
May 2016
So you sayin' we some kinda... Shingeki no Kyojin or somethin?
Jun 23, 2019 8:38 AM

Jun 2016
I can't believe next week's episode is the last one, damn it.

Jun 23, 2019 8:39 AM
Mar 2018
Modernoir said:

That translates to "the attack titan" not "attack on titan" so shingeki no kyojin was named thus to hint at the nature of eren's titan and has nothing to do with attacking titans.
Jun 23, 2019 8:42 AM
May 2016
Gon_x_freecs said:
Modernoir said:

That translates to "the attack titan" not "attack on titan" so shingeki no kyojin was named thus to hint at the nature of eren's titan and has nothing to do with attacking titans.

I know silly, I was just making a joke since I have a sweet spot for title drops
Jun 23, 2019 8:46 AM

Oct 2013
AyumiVk said:

Jun 23, 2019 8:47 AM
Feb 2018
Well, today couldn't watch it due to my favourite stream being suspended. First time in this 2nd cour I'll have to wait.

Feel free to PM me your source.
Jun 23, 2019 8:50 AM

Jun 2016
keragamming said:
AyumiVk said:

Jun 23, 2019 8:55 AM

Aug 2012
He said it! He said the thing!
Jun 23, 2019 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
It will end next week damn it

also you know the plot is getting more interesting when they finally say the title of the show
Jun 23, 2019 9:05 AM
Apr 2019
so good episode. Since I read manga Eren Kruger has been a mystery for me. Still,some remain unsolved till this date.
Anyway great dealing with manga. Eagerly want to see how people (anime only) react.
Jun 23, 2019 9:33 AM

Apr 2019
im confused about why they changed that part with ymirs letter and why the memories activated, i need some clarification on this change
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 23, 2019 9:35 AM

Jun 2008
Well, it was a long ride, but the end is coming.
Jun 23, 2019 9:36 AM
Dec 2015
Nim0174 said:
im confused about why they changed that part with ymirs letter and why the memories activated, i need some clarification on this change

this like she kill father, memory connected
Jun 23, 2019 10:09 AM
May 2017
AyumiVk said:
keragamming said:

Well the thing is, the producers said that this time Isayama didn't request any changes for this season, aside from a few rearranges like that scene of Erwin and Reiner at the top of the wall and Gross breaking the 4th wall!!

Im surprised no one is commenting this but, THEY SHOWED SOMETHINH THAT WILL APPEAR IN S4, it was a quickflash but still
Jun 23, 2019 10:22 AM

Sep 2008
I want more episodes!
I don't want wait for next season!
Please, tell me this 10 episodes is joke and we will get 24 episodes!

This is so cool!
Watched as raw, because I can't wait for subs xD

Ah! Love can wait to see next episode and almost feel like crying is soon final episode...
Aaaaa! Want more ;(
Jun 23, 2019 10:26 AM
May 2017
LittleStar said:
I want more episodes!

This is so cool!

Ah! Love can wait to see next episode and almost feel like crying is soon final episode...
Aaaaa! Want more ;(

I mean technically speaking this season is 22 episodes so, honestly depending in when and which studio will do S4, anime onlies could just go read the manga from here
Jun 23, 2019 10:39 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
LittleStar said:

Exactly this!

Superb episode! I’ll need to check out the subs to make out most of it but another wonderfully adapted episode with stunning music, like the usual! Historia’s little glitch there while reading through Ymir’s message was a cool addition to the episode, sort of like a brief throwback to Season 2 I suppose. On another note, finally the truth behind Eren’s sudden click in the Coordination ability is out! Eren’s realisation of this was spot on and lol @ Hange’s coverup there. He’s definitely got a lot to spill, given how Hange has been awfully curious through those glares. A little sad that Mikasa with the bedhair was toned down for the episode xD but it was still great to see her around this episode! Her denying the 13 years Ymir Curse was rather powerful too, Eren’s only got 8 and Armin 13, so you got to feel for her. Kruger’s final “Armin, Mikasa. Who are they?” is very curious stimulating, why did it appear for this particular generation and what’s with the warped timeline? Hehe, lots of questions I’m sure. Very Protagonist-like to include this too, in the sense that it’s kind of like they’re hinting as though this generation will somehow end up doing something big, despite either on the winning or losing side of the battle to come against the world (according to Hange). Finishing off the episode with different visuals for the ED was perfect by the way, I was really worried that the Studio would be too lazy (or preoccupied, whichever) to change the visuals but good they did (despite using shots shown previously already, got to appreciate the change at the very least). I’m really curious to see how the anime-Onlies will respond to this episode. So far it’s been so good but this will definitely be a little more to the ‘controversial’ side much thanks to the episode title to begin with, “Shingeki no Kyojin”.

Final episode to go! What a banger this season has been! Here’s to hoping this season will finish on a high with some more appealing animation to boot!

Edit: After rewatching the episode with Eng Subtitles:
“Whenever I think of freedom, I swell up with power.” - Finally, some more substance to this statement (=> Shingeki no Kyojin). Lol, some of the anime-onlies are currently picking on the title as we speak, just as we predicted, and honestly who can blame them. By the way, about that path glitch, I’ve a scary feeling that it’s foreshadowing Historia ending up as the Founding Titan after Eren’s mission and consequently his demise. I honestly can’t see that happening due to the enslavement to kick back in once again but who knows. Good thing Eren didn’t spill the beans regarding Dina’s titan though, the military would’ve surely forced Historia to become a titan (probably, rather) for a greater cause (some kind of a counter attack, perhaps).
_MushiRock11_Jun 23, 2019 10:52 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 23, 2019 10:45 AM

Aug 2012
Nim0174 said:

If this was done by wit studio then its a major plothole

If this was done by Isayama, then that means ymir died in that moment and thats why historia got to see her memories. The memories were sent through the form of paths and she got to see them because she was touching the letter and also because she has royal blood

Still this sounds too retarded and I am more inclined to believe that wit studio fucked up again by adding this anime original scene

Also another episode with massive cuts.
Jun 23, 2019 10:48 AM
May 2019
Funseco said:
Nim0174 said:

If this was done by wit studio then its a major plothole

If this was done by Isayama, then that means ymir died in that moment and thats why historia got to see her memories. The memories were sent through the form of paths and she got to see them because she was touching the letter and also because she has royal blood

Still this sounds too retarded and I am more inclined to believe that wit studio fucked up again by adding this anime original scene

Also another episode with massive cuts.

You should be used to that ever since season 3 part 1 happened, AOT getting massive cuts isnt anything new anymore, dont have to like it , but you should be used to it at this point.
Jun 23, 2019 10:50 AM

Oct 2013
Is there any adaptation that adapts a source material 100%? its not just wit studio, it happens to every studio, and I'm not talking only anime but any tv series/movies.
Jun 23, 2019 10:51 AM
May 2019
keragamming said:
Is there any adaptation that adapts a source material 100%? its not just wit studio, it happens to every studio, and I'm not talking only anime but any tv series/movies.

Exactly this, anime will almost never adapt the source 100%, its a rarity that ever even happens, and when it does its usually through a remake of an old series.
Examples: FMAB and Fruits Basket 2019
Jun 23, 2019 10:59 AM
Jan 2018
not sure why they added a scene with historia getting memories from the letter ????

the paths are strong with this one XD
Jun 23, 2019 10:59 AM

Sep 2008
Edylson said:
LittleStar said:
I want more episodes!

This is so cool!

Aaaaa! Want more ;(

I mean technically speaking this season is 22 episodes so, honestly depending in when and which studio will do S4, anime onlies could just go read the manga from here

Oh... c'mon...
I crying that in next week we will get final episode (for "Season 3 Part 2") and we will need to wait for next season...
and you come at me with technical approach... xD

But... c'mon, please... give me 4th season in summer, please... no breaks!
I kinda get they want have "new start for new arc", but... I just don't want wait to fall or winter to get more SNK... ;(
Jun 23, 2019 11:01 AM
May 2017
Weebover9000 said:
keragamming said:

Exactly this, anime will almost never adapt the source 100%, its a rarity that ever even happens, and when it does its usually through a remake of an old series.

The thing that's confusing is that, why do manga readers get mad!! I mean all the info is in the source material, its not like if they make cuts in the anime, all the info will disappear in you're brain or some sh*t!! People need to understand that adaptations these days are just an advertisement of the source material, and honestly when it comes to Aot, its not bad, and the changes/cuts they do at the end of the day its still compreensive.

As a Berserk and Overlord fan, seeing this fanbase complaining about simple stuff like this is funny, y'all better pray that the next studio will care about Aot, otherwise y'all will understand the real meaning of Mediocre Adaptation
EdylsonJun 23, 2019 11:16 AM
Jun 23, 2019 11:14 AM
May 2019
Edylson said:
Weebover9000 said:

The thing that's confusing is that, why do manga readers get mad!! I mean all the info is in the source material, its not like if they make cuts in the anime, all the info will disappear in you're brain or some sh*t!! People need to understand that adaptations these days are just an advertisement of the source material, and honestly when it comes to Aot, its not bad, and the changes/cuts they do at the end of the day its still compreensive

Because some fellow manga readers of mine like to nitpick and complain every week when a scene that doesn't matter much in the long run gets cut or changed.
Jun 23, 2019 11:27 AM

Jul 2016
I feel like the paths glitch was something that Isayama asked for. I don't see Wit doing huge stuff like this without his permission.

VilaniJun 23, 2019 11:31 AM
Jun 23, 2019 11:52 AM
Jun 2017
didn't historia got her father's memories just by killing him?
amine60__SBDJun 23, 2019 12:07 PM
Jun 23, 2019 12:20 PM

Aug 2012
Weebover9000 said:
Edylson said:

The thing that's confusing is that, why do manga readers get mad!! I mean all the info is in the source material, its not like if they make cuts in the anime, all the info will disappear in you're brain or some sh*t!! People need to understand that adaptations these days are just an advertisement of the source material, and honestly when it comes to Aot, its not bad, and the changes/cuts they do at the end of the day its still compreensive

Because some fellow manga readers of mine like to nitpick and complain every week when a scene that doesn't matter much in the long run gets cut or changed.

why do you think wit studio wont make season 4?
they cut this part
is this nitpicking?
Jun 23, 2019 12:27 PM

Jan 2018
Funseco said:
Weebover9000 said:

they cut this part
is this nitpicking?

This isn't nitpicking, that dude is just saying crap...
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jun 23, 2019 1:17 PM
Aug 2015
As always, excellent episode! Although they've cut some scenes and changed other things, I was impressed by how this revelation was shown (I think Isayama has approved this changes since he also did it with season 3 part 1). Moreover, I'm still amazed by how beautiful the sceneries can be in this anime.

Grisha saying he doesn't want to fight, Kruger trying to convince him, the paths of Eldians, Ymir's letter, Eren realizing how to activate the power of the Founding... Everything was well done.

But I'm sad to see Eren looking so tired, as he got no energy at all, it's painful...

They've shown the scene with Ymir being captive so I really hope that Wit Studio will be the one to do season 4.

EVERYONE, DON'T FORGET TO USE #THANKYOUWITSTUDIO ON TWITTER NEXT WEEK FOR THE LAST EPISODE. MAYBE IT CAN CHANGE SOMETHING AND CONVINCE THEM THAT THEY HAVE TO CONTINUE WITH AOT UNTIL THE END. LET'S HOPE!
Jun 23, 2019 1:18 PM
Jun 2016
Nim0174 said:
@Funseco

what im just as disappointed about being cut is
He did mention that, at least where I watched it.
Jun 23, 2019 1:25 PM
May 2017
Funseco said:
Weebover9000 said:

they cut this part
is this nitpicking?

Hmm that is valuable info, ohh well!! Honestly it doesn't matter at this point
Jun 23, 2019 1:27 PM

Aug 2012
Nim0174 said:
@Funseco

what im just as disappointed about being cut is

you dont need to use spoiler tag
and yes he said that both sides of the stories are made up.

the cut is on the examples "seventeen centuries of ethnic cleansing? If that were true , there wouldnt be a strand of marleyan hair left on this planet. Our ancestor ymir brought us nothing but wealth with the power of the titans? That doesnt sound like any human I´ve ever heard of."

But at least they mantained the part of eldian-god, marley-devil, the source of all living matter and that anyone can become a god or devil all it takes is for someone to claim it to be true
FunsecoJun 23, 2019 1:30 PM
Jun 23, 2019 1:49 PM
Nov 2017
I'm so not ready for this season to end... Pray that we get a season 4 not too long in the future.
Jun 23, 2019 1:53 PM
Feb 2018
I think that memory flash during reading the letter was a nice way from the studio to not repeat Imir backstory we've seen already in s2 and what also would consume substantial amount of the ep time. The only thing missing in the manga and appeared in this "memory flash" was that man standing in the front of chained person, but since Historia knows what was the role of that cave I don't think it changes anything.

You guys seriously failed to understand that trick made by studio and digging looking for second bottom.
Jun 23, 2019 1:55 PM
May 2019
I love how they changed Ymir's letter scene.
Jun 23, 2019 2:07 PM
May 2017
Lucette_C said:
I'm so not ready for this season to end... Pray that we get a season 4 not too long in the future.

Im way more concerned of which studio will do S4 rather than when will happen, i do think that if we do get S4 next year, we might have to wait at least 2 years for S5 due to where the manga is right now!!
Jun 23, 2019 2:11 PM
Nov 2017
Edylson said:
Lucette_C said:

Im way more concerned of which studio will do S4 rather than when will happen, i do think that if we do get S4 next year, we might have to wait at least 2 years for S5 due to where the manga is right now!!
If the studio does change, it'll likely be (and I hope it will be) studio IG, which wouldn't be too bad since they're related to WIT. Time wise I'm willing to wait a few years for the adaptation but I really hope it doesn't take much longer than that.
Jun 23, 2019 2:41 PM
Mar 2018
virg0 said:

season 4 confirmed

Tbh as an Anime only watcher ( so far , may start the manga after the end of the season ) , i can't understand this part

And is it really ok that Eren hides what is knows to the other , looks pretty dumb imo .
Jun 23, 2019 2:41 PM

Jan 2018
Wow, the amount of info just given is crazy. So Eren will die in under 8 years, and Armin in 13 years... Eren Kruger knows Armin & Mikasa through memories(?)… I'm loving this show. 5/5 episode.
Jun 23, 2019 2:47 PM

May 2015
I dont particularly have an issue with Historia and her interacting with PATHS because of how hax it is. Anyways, another solid episode and the finale should also be good. I think a can say that this is the strongest show of the year with an action tag. 9/10

Jun 23, 2019 2:57 PM
Jun 2019
so the rest of Armin's life span is 13 years, while the remaining life Eren is 8 years, Mikasa looks very sad,
- and our enemies are now not only giants but the world of WTF, but this extraordinary story enhancement, we will not only focus on giants, but on modern technology in the world,
- the music in this episode is very good and epic, my body even vibrates when I hear music interrupted by grisha and kruger talks,
- Eren's name was taken by Grisha as a tribute to his savior, as heir to the previous attacking titan,
- Titan attackers at any time will always seek freedom and will always fight for freedom, truly extraordinary
- Eren can use the power of the coordinate Titan as long as he touches someone of noble blood from eldia in the form of a Titan, yes the military will definitely do something to historians if they know that fact, as usual they will not be able to believe in military police
- surprising that Tang Grisha's information is still full of mystery puzzles, for Marley Ymir is a devil, for eldians Goddess, God, a miracle, but exactly the same as Kruger "there is no such thing as truth, evil or good, can be realized provided who claims that truth "
- So this episode is the last Grisha story, wow I still want to see it further,
- OVERALL this episode 11/10 is very satisfying, music 10, story 11, sound 9, picture 9, 1 more episode left, I want to see season 4 as soon as possible, 12 episodes are not a problem for me, question for manga readers whether the manga is finished or not ? I just want to see the end of their story
RaphtaliamalJun 23, 2019 3:05 PM
Jun 23, 2019 3:03 PM
Apr 2018
Why did kruger mention mikasa and armin at the end? Isn't that the previous time so they didn't even exist
Jun 23, 2019 3:06 PM

Mar 2008
Mctiguy said:
virg0 said:

season 4 confirmed

Tbh as an Anime only watcher ( so far , may start the manga after the end of the season ) , i can't understand this part

And is it really ok that Eren hides what is knows to the other , looks pretty dumb imo .

Why are so sure? The only way for them to use the Founding Titan power is having her or her child to become a titan and high five Eren. Now that they know who are the true enemies and how frail their world behind the walls is, it sure can be the only option to stand against them.

About Ymir

Jun 23, 2019 3:07 PM

Mar 2018
Probably one of the best title drop out there.
Jun 23, 2019 3:12 PM

Mar 2008
HShouyou said:
Why did kruger mention mikasa and armin at the end? Isn't that the previous time so they didn't even exist

It's still a mystery, but it's probably hinting the fact that the paths connecting the Eldians transcend time. Maybe because Eren was connecting to his father's memories, thus Kruger's memories, and that was the trigger. Also...

Jun 23, 2019 3:17 PM

Jul 2012
AyumiVk said:

Jun 23, 2019 3:19 PM

Aug 2012
HShouyou said:

Kruger just saw memories from the future. It still wasnt explained in the manga why did that happen. Maybe Eren mindset is so strong that previous owners of the attack titan feel the need to save mikasa and armin, even though they dont even exist? Memories transcend time?

Theres also the time loop theory
the anime cut half of this part in the first episode of the first season
see these 2 panels from chapter 1
FunsecoJun 23, 2019 3:28 PM
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.