Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 22, 2019 11:36 AM

Apr 2015
Sailor moon, Cyborg 009 and Ginga nagareboshi gin. Before those few morning cartoons but didn't never think some of them were "anime". Most stuff my younger self watched were shows my sister watched, so I just watched stuff from 90's-2000's with her and later when I got some understanding of english i started to search shows on my own.
Jun 22, 2019 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
Was changing channels as a kid and I suddenly saw this kid busting up a huge blue wave (kid Goku) and it spiked my interest.
DB has been a pretty hot topic back on my school, even the teachers knows Goku lol.
While DB was out I looked for other shows like it and saw Yu Yu Hakusho with this guy this time shooting a blue wave on his index finger and then the most epic asshole known to man Onizuka from GTO, basically my top 3 anime that made me into the anime loving dude now.
Jun 22, 2019 11:47 AM

Oct 2013
Fullmetal Alchemist got me into it, D.Gray-man stopped me from going back.
Jun 22, 2019 11:47 AM
Aug 2018
oppai

random text to meet character limit
Oppai.
Jun 22, 2019 3:13 PM
Jun 2019
I never in my life thought I would get into anime as I founded it "childish" until my brother showed me a Naruto amv. I gave it a try and since then I got stuck on anime. =)
Jun 22, 2019 3:18 PM

Jun 2019
Pokemons and Digimons probably and JRPGs
Jun 22, 2019 3:22 PM

Oct 2013
it's because of my friend who turned me into an addict to this thing
Jun 22, 2019 3:24 PM

Mar 2018
I heard it's safe for pedos here pretty much a paradise for me
poop
Jun 22, 2019 3:39 PM

Apr 2018
Watched a lot of pokemon, digimon, beyblade, dbz after school.
Jun 22, 2019 8:18 PM
Sep 2018
IpreferEcchi said:
GroovySensei said:
Holy shit is that Ayane's High Kick?!?!?

Yes, and how come it's not on your list?

Idk I'm about to add it though. I wish they would've made more.
That anime is so obscure.
Jun 22, 2019 8:30 PM
Dec 2015
a friend of mine back in either 2006 or 2007 wouldn't stop hounding me to watch naruto, lol
Jun 22, 2019 8:52 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
There was never really anything that motivated me to actually watch anime, it just simply happened during a spring break of mines back in 2012.

I was pretty bored one day and while on my Xbox I had this really shitty app named Crackle and it had a ton of random stuff, be it really niche western films, documentaries,etc. When browsing through its catalogue I saw it had a small anime section and decided to look at what was available.

Out of what they had, I started with Durarara and it pretty much was the show that simply got me into anime. Once I finished it I kept on watching more and more anime's afterwards.

In a way, I should thank Crackle for getting me into anime because at the time I would have never bothered to even look up shows on illegal streaming sites lol.
Jun 22, 2019 9:31 PM
Dec 2017
I just happened to see some anime on TV one day. Of course, I didn't know that it was anime...but it made me watch shows similar to that. I'm not sure what my first anime was though... It might have been Inuyasha, Pokemon, or Bakugan. (I only watched a bit of Pokemon because I just wanted to check it out; it didn't appeal to me. I preferred Bakugan. Lol.)

Anyway, Yu-Gi-Oh and Dragon Ball were two very important series for me. They are the root of my love for shounen anime, especially Dragon Ball. And a friend of mine got me into dark anime. I'm pretty sure that the first dark one I watched was Elfen Lied.
Sakurai_AoiJun 22, 2019 9:43 PM
Jun 22, 2019 10:20 PM
Sep 2018
Sakurai_Aoi said:
I just happened to see some anime on TV one day. Of course, I didn't know that it was anime...but it made me watch shows similar to that. I'm not sure what my first anime was though... It might have been Inuyasha, Pokemon, or Bakugan. (I only watched a bit of Pokemon because I just wanted to check it out; it didn't appeal to me. I preferred Bakugan. Lol.)

Anyway, Yu-Gi-Oh and Dragon Ball were two very important series for me. They are the root of my love for shounen anime, especially Dragon Ball. And a friend of mine got me into dark anime. I'm pretty sure that the first dark one I watched was Elfen Lied.

Man, those were good times. Watching Adult Swim as a kid, staying up late to catch Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho were good times. I grew up loving Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and DBZ.
Jun 22, 2019 10:45 PM
Dec 2017
GroovySensei said:
Sakurai_Aoi said:

Man, those were good times. Watching Adult Swim as a kid, staying up late to catch Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho were good times. I grew up loving Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and DBZ.

I know, right? It was actually late while I was watching Inuyasha. I had watched a whole episode for the first time (I think) and then the ending song came on. It was absolutely beautiful and the glowing Ferris wheel mesmerized me. Somehow, I ended up forgetting about it. Fast forward about 2 or 3 years and I'm watching Dragon Ball Z Kai, wishing I could do those cool moves! I totally want to go back those days...
Jun 22, 2019 11:21 PM
Feb 2016
A lot anime aired at tv in my childhood like Inazuma Eleven, Naruto, Blue Dragon, Captain Tsubasa, even Evangelion at midnight. After that maybe when I was high school, I decided to watch SAO. I hate to said this
Jun 22, 2019 11:34 PM
Sep 2018
Sakurai_Aoi said:
GroovySensei said:

I know, right? It was actually late while I was watching Inuyasha. I had watched a whole episode for the first time (I think) and then the ending song came on. It was absolutely beautiful and the glowing Ferris wheel mesmerized me. Somehow, I ended up forgetting about it. Fast forward about 2 or 3 years and I'm watching Dragon Ball Z Kai, wishing I could do those cool moves! I totally want to go back those days...

Right? I know the feeling. Not a care in the world, time seemed to last forever and the world was at our fingertips. I feel that we all lose that as we become adults. Thats why I hold this medium so close.
Jun 22, 2019 11:42 PM

Aug 2013
Boredom and curiosity would be the most concise way to put it.
Jun 22, 2019 11:45 PM

May 2009
Pick your answer:

(A) watching Voltron and Pokémon as a kid

(B) playing lots of videogames like SNES JRPGs, Pokémon, Mario, Mega Man (X), etc.

(C) Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kiddy Grade, and Nanoha
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 22, 2019 11:49 PM

Mar 2017
well it was ecchi anime first then started to find shows with interesting stories. now I don't hate ecchi but I tend to stay away from it.

but Ultimately it was all Naruto's doing plus a little Inuyasha , without him there would be no anime life for me
Jun 22, 2019 11:59 PM
Sep 2018
ChewyAsianSoul said:
well it was ecchi anime first then started to find shows with interesting stories. now I don't hate ecchi but I tend to stay away from it.

but Ultimately it was all Naruto's doing plus a little Inuyasha , without him there would be no anime life for me

Both are forever classics in my book.
Naruto is one of my all time favorites
Jun 23, 2019 2:26 AM
Dec 2017
GroovySensei said:
Sakurai_Aoi said:

Right? I know the feeling. Not a care in the world, time seemed to last forever and the world was at our fingertips. I feel that we all lose that as we become adults. Thats why I hold this medium so close.

Yeah. When I was younger, I didn't think much of the time I had. Now, I love the feeling of having all the time in the world. Unfortunately, yes, it does seem that we lose this. And I can understand why because I feel the same. Hopefully, I'll still have time for anime as an adult.
Jun 23, 2019 2:33 AM

Jan 2017
Video-Games Got Me Into Anime...Anime Video-Games )))
Jun 23, 2019 2:36 AM

Oct 2015
Truth be told?

Anime tiddies. Sure, cool powers attracted me, but I stayed for the physics.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Jun 23, 2019 2:37 AM

Oct 2015
an ex got me into it but i only watched like one show and pretty much stopped after that. but then i got back into it again after seeing a nge gif on tumblr.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Jun 23, 2019 4:41 AM

Sep 2014
ofc i watched pokemon and stuff when i was a kid, but i didnt consider it "anime". what really started it was when youtube recommended me the first episode of ouran high school host club and curiosity got the best of me...
Jun 23, 2019 5:33 AM
Sep 2018
irenic said:
an ex got me into it but i only watched like one show and pretty much stopped after that. but then i got back into it again after seeing a nge gif on tumblr.

Have you had a chance to watch NGE on Netflix yet?
Jun 23, 2019 11:08 AM

Aug 2011
It was Sailor Moon on Toonami in 1998. I just ran into it while flipping through the channels, and I was hooked pretty much immediately. I remember that night, excitedly telling my sisters about this great show I'd found, and how I couldn't wait to see more. I quickly found out what "anime" was, and within a year of first seeing that episode of Sailor Moon, I was watching any and all anime I could find. I watched anything airing on TV, no matter how bad it was, I rented anime from rental places, I bought all I could afford on VHS, and so on. Sailor Moon got me into subtitled anime, too. The 5th season wasn't dubbed, so I had no choice but to watch it subbed, which I did in 2001. Sailor Moon was also my first manga, and the first anime merchandise I bought (2 Sailor Stars trading cards, bought on eBay in 1999). So Sailor Moon was pretty much responsible for everything.
Jun 23, 2019 12:37 PM

Jul 2016
GroovySensei said:
IpreferEcchi said:

Yes, and how come it's not on your list?

Idk I'm about to add it though. I wish they would've made more.
That anime is so obscure.

It was intended to be 6 OVAs instead of 2.

Also, a manga was made after.

Jun 23, 2019 2:50 PM

Oct 2015
GroovySensei said:
irenic said:

i haven't and i don't plan to. a lot of people seem to dislike the translations :thinking:
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Jun 23, 2019 3:15 PM

May 2014
magical girls.
i don't have a 30 character explanation soz

I'll be out ridin' my pony until it's time for candy
And I'll be naked, because I want to

Jun 23, 2019 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
Captain Tsubasa and Saint Seiya just randomly started airing on national TV.

I was hooked on anime and didn't even know it was from Japan.
Jun 23, 2019 7:40 PM
Sep 2018
irenic said:
GroovySensei said:

i haven't and i don't plan to. a lot of people seem to dislike the translations :thinking:

Same, I keep hearing the same things.
I'm curious whats so bad about it though.
Jun 23, 2019 7:42 PM
Sep 2018
I wish they would've followed through.
A petition should be started to get it going lol.
Jun 23, 2019 7:50 PM

Jul 2016
I was always a fan of animation and was needing to give anime a try but never did, until I saw a commercial for Parasyte airing on adult swim so I decided to watch it, and here I am now.
Jun 23, 2019 8:20 PM

Mar 2019
One Piece got me into anime when i was a kid and My father's addicted to Saint Seiya.

Jun 23, 2019 11:46 PM

Sep 2015
I watched things like Db/Dbz, Digimon, Pokemon and Akira as a kid, but didn't get into anime until i was about 19 after rewatching Akira.
Jun 24, 2019 4:01 AM

Nov 2018
This one autist friend made me do it and then i liked it and i realised i am also an autistic degenerate.
Jun 24, 2019 4:10 AM
Jul 2018
At first, it was a nostalgic reason. Later on, it's about interesting story and world. To add, I always love animation sphere.
Jun 29, 2019 5:12 PM

Feb 2019
Uhh... I guess watching DBZ as a kid and hearing about Toradora! on a youtube video and deciding to watch it, which resulted in me getting sucked into the romance genre for quite a while.
Jun 29, 2019 5:18 PM

Oct 2018
My friend annoying me to watch JoJo.
Jun 29, 2019 5:21 PM

Sep 2014
Watching the original DBZ, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Digimon, Yu Gi Oh! Beyblade etc. on TV as a 90s kid, thy were all dubbed in English and got me into anime. Back when we had to record shows with VHS instead of watching/downloading them online whenever we want
sunsetoceanJun 29, 2019 5:24 PM

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Jun 29, 2019 5:26 PM

Jan 2018
Watching anime when I was in elementary really helped me have a bigger vocabulary because I always read the subtitles.
ええ、私はそこにいてそれをやった

Jun 29, 2019 11:26 PM

Mar 2016
I watched Sailor Moon and Pokemon as a kid (In dub) I also watched Toonami and realized how much I hated DBZ. I watched a few eps of Chobits (dub) on Funimation after watching a friend watch Ouran HSHC (sub). Slowly got into SOL anime and here we are.

Upon returning this was the order how I got into SOL

SAO -> PM -> YLIA -> CLANNAD -> the rest can speak for itself
Jun 30, 2019 9:48 PM

Jun 2019
Dragonball Z and Sailor Moon on Toonami.
Jun 30, 2019 10:17 PM

Mar 2011
Not sure exactly. Cartoons at the time used these corny but 'rad' guitar riffs and I remember the anime then used a better version so I thought it was cool. More things but I remember that the most.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Jun 30, 2019 10:21 PM
Jun 2019
I got into anime around 4th or 6th grade when I found a Sugar Rune manga at the library and it just went from there
Jun 30, 2019 10:21 PM
Jun 2019
My brother got me into it, he has been watching anime since he was a kid. Little did I know, this other world of anime would change my perspectives of things. I have a great brother, and he's even better knowing he introduced me into anime.
Jul 4, 2019 4:21 PM
May 2016
I was born in 2003

yes, I did watch Pokémon a little, actually, I believe I watched the first three Pokémon films when I was quite young. That would've technically been the beginning.

However, it was in 2015 when I was like 12 years old that I got into anime. A person I'd kind of known through instagram for a while, she posted pictures of an anime she was watching. Yuru Yuri. It looked interesting, so I started watching season 3 on crunchyroll.

I enjoyed Yuru Yuri. Then, one day, I was texting my friend, and somehow, we started talking about anime, not sure how that worked. I guess we'd both gotten into anime around the same time for some reason? I recommended Yuru Yuri to him, and he recommended kill la kill to me.

kill la kill.

I fucking loved kill la kill. Don't get me wrong, I also loved yuru yuri, but... kill la kill is definitely the one which gives me the most 'nostalgia' today.

I watched kill la kill in January 2016. I hadn't even hit puberty

From that point on, I was watching anime. Not terribly much, but from time to time.
Jul 4, 2019 11:04 PM

Jul 2019
I actually got into anime through the game called osu! As you guys probably know, it has mostly anime songs, which at first put me off and I just played the songs that I knew which weren't from anime (which is like less than 10% of the total amount of songs)

But then I decided if I wanted to enjoy the game more and fit into the community better, I would start watching anime. Then I watched SAO, and the rest is history. Since April I have now watched over 300 episodes in total
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 19 minutes ago

7 by Spunkert »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

198 by Shizuna »»
3 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Apr 23

22 by shin0by »»
3 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

66 by 23feanor »»
33 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 6 hours ago

13 by Otakupervert890 »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.