Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 19, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They're really pushing this invasion stoytelling with the demons. Shin leads the group and it seems while the students aren't very experienced, they are still quite strong.

The demons aren't messing around this episode. They're showing their true colors. Action felt like it was happening a bit all over the place though. At least they're giving some of the other supporting characters moments to show off their abilities.
Jun 19, 2019 9:00 AM

Aug 2013
All the characters are quite powerful. The really showed off their skills.

Jun 19, 2019 9:21 AM
Jun 2019
TIL the name Thor among the crew.

Definitely a better episode since it went around less, and hence stumbled less. Please, Shin. You would've just reused the club name at worst instead of this Ultimate Magicians which is not possible considering your adverse reactions towards chuuni elements.
Jun 19, 2019 9:36 AM
Apr 2018
This is the best anime to easyly forgot
Jun 19, 2019 9:39 AM

Apr 2018
Finally a bit of show of how much stronger they got since the training. Hyped to see how next episode will be!

[As a manga reader, it seems they're trying to put an end to the anime series with the next episode, since it went astray from the "manga source", making it like no second season will ever be announced for this series. Not that I care]
Jun 19, 2019 9:57 AM
Apr 2019
Hmm, Miria seems super strong. I don't think she did anything in the manga
Jun 19, 2019 9:58 AM
Apr 2019
neogalfen25 said:
This is the best anime to easyly forgot

about your worries
Jun 19, 2019 10:13 AM
Apr 2019
LilyWhiteheart said:
Finally a bit of show of how much stronger they got since the training. Hyped to see how next episode will be!

[As a manga reader, it seems they're trying to put an end to the anime series with the next episode, since it went astray from the "manga source", making it like no second season will ever be announced for this series. Not that I care]

Idk about that, why wouldn't they incorporate Oliver in the fight if they diidn't plan a 2nd seaason.

edit: Nevermind I saw the after credits scene
elementexJun 19, 2019 10:44 AM
Jun 19, 2019 10:24 AM

Mar 2016
From the previous episode, apparently we’re supposed to have actual conflict and tension in an upcoming battle.

Ummm, yea, about that......
Jun 19, 2019 10:42 AM
Apr 2019
Ryuseishun said:
From the previous episode, apparently we’re supposed to have actual conflict and tension in an upcoming battle.

Ummm, yea, about that......

It was just cool to see the squad go ham on the no name demons. But Maria and Aug had a little bit of trouble with that Fabro dude.
Jun 19, 2019 11:04 AM

Mar 2019
this is one of that series i will watch until the end because i can't let things to go unfinished... By the words of the great comrade Dyatlov: "not great, not terrible".
Jun 19, 2019 11:10 AM
Mar 2015
Man, if only this anime had a little bit bigger budget. It's so obviously lacking in some places, especially music and animations. The editing is all over the place too. The story might be simple but it's satisfying enough. It really just needs more polish. I'm totally down for an anime like this, that does magic both properly and a lot.
Jun 19, 2019 12:23 PM
Jan 2019
These guys are too strong. There are "Power ups" everywhere xD.
Like the anime is losing emotion. The most resizable and great thing is the fact that Shin combines Magic with Science 👌.

I do not know why, but I have a bad feeling that the Demonoids will go after Sicily and the wounded. I feel that someone is going to die of the 12 magicians. My biggest fear is that it's Sicily. It would be a very shocking and sad touch for the final episode.
Jun 19, 2019 12:40 PM
Jun 2019
I reaslly like this episode!

Jun 19, 2019 12:54 PM

Aug 2018
Not my favorite episode so far... giving an equal screentime to every member of the Ultimate Magicians is respectful but that kinda broke any rythm. I expected to feel a bit impressed by their individual magic power, but the whole episode felt like "oh I'm magician A with mah buddy B, we're facing you" "yes I am a demonoïd, am evil so I kill innocent people and that makes me happy 'cause I'm nothing but a demonoïd".

At least, it seems that the final episode will feature a "final boss" that ain't even Schtrom. Pretty sure this dude will observe the fight from far behind & leave unharmed while this Miria gets flushed by the OP squad.

I'm really hoping for a great fight, like something longer than Shin vs Schtrom.
Jun 19, 2019 2:36 PM

May 2018
Battle, battle, battle and again battle ! I like that ! Shin is awesome.
Jun 19, 2019 2:55 PM
May 2016
It seems it's going to have a original ending
Jun 19, 2019 2:57 PM

Jan 2019
I just expect demons kill Sicily and the anime becomes interesting
Jun 19, 2019 3:44 PM
Aug 2018
Nomesk said:
It seems it's going to have a original ending

Yea most likely since neither the manga or LN had Schtrom appear at all here. What’s even weirder was last episode they literally said how he is indifferent to now going to the front lines. I don’t know if the director is just winging it or a sudden change from the higher ups changed things last second. Either I don’t think it is a memorable enough anime to warrant a second season. It probably did it’s job promoting the source material.
Jun 19, 2019 4:27 PM

Oct 2015
Wish this series carried villains with spunk even though it is an overpowered series. We need something to liven up this series already, because next week it's the last episode and there isn't any tangible development. I guess my wish is the same as wishing for Madhouse to take back the One Punchman series, it won't happen!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 19, 2019 4:28 PM

Jan 2013
WolfDBreidi said:
I do not know why, but I have a bad feeling that the Demonoids will go after Sicily and the wounded. I feel that someone is going to die of the 12 magicians. My biggest fear is that it's Sicily. It would be a very shocking and sad touch for the final episode.

tahikiry said:

The guy who infiltrated the demonoid group did see Shin talking with Sicily so sadly I can suspect that's possible but I really don't want her to die! Would much rather have her be demonized and have him save her but I can't imagine that happening. She is too good of a person and is living too good of a life to have something to nurture hatred towards.
Jun 19, 2019 4:47 PM

Jan 2016
"I seems like someone does find you attractive" Price August to Maria

I find her to be the most (or top 3 at least) attractive one in the whole anime ffs.

Anyways an entertaining episode I guess, demonstrating the groups new found power under Shin. Shin also looked pretty badass in this episode
Jun 19, 2019 7:20 PM
Feb 2009
1 more episode looks like it's gonna be a mess up rushed one
Jun 19, 2019 8:01 PM

Nov 2017
papsoshea said:
So I'm guessing there is a season 2 for this? I know its meant to be a "dire" situation (even though it feels nothing like it) but can't you just have the characters be a bit more lively? Especially Shin. The first few episodes had this tone where things and characters were fun (the dumb fun kind) and weren't taking itself seriously - it felt a little bit like those wish-fulfillment shows like Slime in that regard. Now there is this serious tone seeping through the last few episodes and we see it again. This works against the show's charm it initially had - its already standard isekai, no need to make the generic makeup stand out even more.
I like the balance in serious and comedy, as it's realistic like in real life. One day, you're laughing and having a great time with friends, and the next day tragedy strikes.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Jun 19, 2019 8:16 PM
Aug 2018
Ehurvaks said:
papsoshea said:
So I'm guessing there is a season 2 for this? I know its meant to be a "dire" situation (even though it feels nothing like it) but can't you just have the characters be a bit more lively? Especially Shin. The first few episodes had this tone where things and characters were fun (the dumb fun kind) and weren't taking itself seriously - it felt a little bit like those wish-fulfillment shows like Slime in that regard. Now there is this serious tone seeping through the last few episodes and we see it again. This works against the show's charm it initially had - its already standard isekai, no need to make the generic makeup stand out even more.
I like the balance in serious and comedy, as it's realistic like in real life. One day, you're laughing and having a great time with friends, and the next day tragedy strikes.

Too bad the tonal whiplash in the show could break an elephants neck.
Jun 19, 2019 8:49 PM
Apr 2019
papsoshea said:

I think the characters haven’t changed since the start. Still the same fun bunch we had at the beginning
Jun 19, 2019 8:49 PM
Oct 2017
bleh, the battles were so boring
Jun 19, 2019 8:51 PM
Apr 2019
Kxrumi said:

I thought they were pretty dope, especially when yuri the ice queen went sub zero on that dude and then tony sliced him and the other demon both at the same time
Jun 19, 2019 8:55 PM
Oct 2017
elementex said:
Kxrumi said:

I thought they were pretty dope, especially when yuri the ice queen went sub zero on that dude and then tony sliced him and the other demon both at the same time
dope ? They just move a finger and kill the demonoids just like that. Even the first demonoid, the one who fought Shin, fought more than these. Besides, those powerups out of nowhere...
Jun 19, 2019 8:56 PM
Apr 2019
Kxrumi said:
elementex said:

dope ? They just move a finger and kill the demonoids just like that. Even the first demonoid, the one who fought Shin, fought more than these. Besides, those powerups out of nowhere...

Nowhere? They trained for like 3 months using other world knowledge from shin
Jun 19, 2019 9:12 PM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
Kxrumi said:

It just proves that the storytelling isn't working for him. Ya know? Something that's been prevalent to many people throughout the season?
Jun 19, 2019 9:33 PM
Oct 2017
elementex said:
Kxrumi said:

Ofc, 3 months of training with Shin make you the most overpowered magician in the world (...)
The point is that the battles felt very boring, easy and not counting that it was repetitive:
Demonoid: *appear*
Magicians: Oh my gosh! :c
Also Demonoid: I am stronger than humans, I will kill them, huehuehuehuehue!!!
Magicians: o_O * move a finger *
Demonoids: :C I'm dead.
That's with every one of them, terrible.
From the beginning the anime seemed super cliché: the cool and super-powerful protagonist, falling in love at first sight, overpowered fighting team... Anyway, personally I think that each episode was losing the little emotion that conveyed, everything is very predictable.
Jun 20, 2019 12:06 AM

Nov 2017
Except for Schtrom, none of the demonoids could do magic as powerful as what Shin did back in the end of episode 6.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Jun 20, 2019 12:06 AM

Sep 2016
Kxrumi said:
elementex said:

Ofc, 3 months of training with Shin make you the most overpowered magician in the world (...)
The point is that the battles felt very boring, easy and not counting that it was repetitive:
Demonoid: *appear*
Magicians: Oh my gosh! :c
Also Demonoid: I am stronger than humans, I will kill them, huehuehuehuehue!!!
Magicians: o_O * move a finger *
Demonoids: :C I'm dead.
That's with every one of them, terrible.
From the beginning the anime seemed super cliché: the cool and super-powerful protagonist, falling in love at first sight, overpowered fighting team... Anyway, personally I think that each episode was losing the little emotion that conveyed, everything is very predictable.

Yeah I guess that's the point of the anime, its a feel-good-power-fantasy type of anime. I don't think you're supposed to take this anime as serious as other serious anime like Code Geass for example.
Jun 20, 2019 1:15 AM

Nov 2017
I wish more LN School Battle anime would be non-harem like Mago and Rakudai Kishi......as well as having couples among side characters, like in this one, and the JRPG Lunar:Silver Star game where MC's male comrades in his party are implied to be romantically coupled with other female characters in MC's party......

Jun 20, 2019 3:55 AM

Apr 2018
Okay they won, no shit. Being OP really makes it boring. Guessing that Shin will kill that demon girl in just few moment
Jun 20, 2019 4:32 AM
Aug 2018
Ehurvaks said:
I wish more LN School Battle anime would be non-harem like Mago and Rakudai Kishi......as well as having couples among side characters, like in this one, and the JRPG Lunar:Silver Star game where MC's male comrades in his party are implied to be romantically coupled with other female characters in MC's party......

Yea but just put it in a better anime next time....
Jun 20, 2019 5:45 AM

Nov 2017
Shirai-chan said:
Okay they won, no shit. Being OP really makes it boring. Guessing that Shin will kill that demon girl in just few moment
She's an adult woman.

Jun 20, 2019 6:37 AM
Jan 2018
DjangoUnchained2 said:
Ehurvaks said:

find it funny a chibi anime is doing better then this
Jun 20, 2019 6:59 AM
Aug 2018
Mattinator95 said:
DjangoUnchained2 said:

It doesn't help that the plot looks like it was written by a primary school kid and the director looking like he was tryna salvage it but gave it a major case of tonal whiplash. Or maybe I'm slowly outgrowing anime like these since they mainly target the 13-16 age group.
Jun 20, 2019 7:31 AM
Jun 2019
DjangoUnchained2 said:
Mattinator95 said:

It doesn't help that the plot looks like it was written by a primary school kid and the director looking like he was tryna salvage it but gave it a major case of tonal whiplash. Or maybe I'm slowly outgrowing anime like these since they mainly target the 13-16 age group.

More like <12. The science aspect screws with Shin's magical arsenal progression.
Jun 20, 2019 9:23 AM
Mar 2018
tahikiry said:

That would definitely be something interesting but I doubt it will happen. It's too bad.
Jun 20, 2019 9:24 AM
Mar 2018
Not bad, not good, just mediocre as usual.
Jun 20, 2019 9:50 AM

Jan 2018
this was all over the place, no plot points here. why was Oliver there when the manga he was not (I guess light novel, again lmao)
Jun 20, 2019 9:59 AM

Oct 2011
Wait, I thought Oliver didn't want to do anything, so why did he travel all the way there and why did he find the battle "fun" rather than "bothersome"? This isn't making any sense

Jun 20, 2019 10:24 AM
Aug 2018
uzee said:
Wait, I thought Oliver didn't want to do anything, so why did he travel all the way there and why did he find the battle "fun" rather than "bothersome"? This isn't making any sense

They may be going for an anime original ending with one big battle with MC vs the big villain for the big finale. Don't see how it bodes well for S2 tho since its completely different from the LN let alone the manga.
Jun 20, 2019 11:25 AM

May 2018
Well then it looks like Shin's Ultimate Magicians were able to deliver the goods . they were able to kick those demon's assess big time......Now , they have to face the big bitch demon.
Jun 20, 2019 12:40 PM

Dec 2014
hmm well glad it is coming to end end...pretty mediocre episode
Jun 20, 2019 12:42 PM
Apr 2019
KlinyKlinn said:
this was all over the place, no plot points here. why was Oliver there when the manga he was not (I guess light novel, again lmao)

No plot points? The ultimate magicians were just trying to save swede. All the big guns show up for the demonoids is different though. Should be fun since the manga hasn't shown any of them even do anything yet.
Jun 20, 2019 12:47 PM
Apr 2019
tiwibo said:
elementex said:

It just proves that the storytelling isn't working for him. Ya know? Something that's been prevalent to many people throughout the season?

to nobody I know with a working brain
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

279 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 22, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

107 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

129 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

77 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 14, 7:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.