Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2019 6:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Action returned this episode. I have to admit, that L'Arc guy is pretty tough as an adventurer. His partner is also quite talented. Glass is also back.

Naofumi continued to show more improvements to his own skills. I guess this episode had a feeling of being a penultimate. Only one more to go...

Jun 19, 2019 6:21 AM

Aug 2017
So, Glass, L'Arc and Therese are Heroes from another world.

1 episode left. Noooo. I'm going to miss this show.

At least more action before the end.
NurguburuJun 30, 2019 7:46 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 19, 2019 6:31 AM

May 2012
I hope they announce 2nd season next episode !!!
Jun 19, 2019 6:37 AM
Jun 2019
The fact that this show has even a decent shot at season 2 makes my soul hurt.
Jun 19, 2019 6:59 AM
Jun 2019
papsoshea said:
One more episode to go until the shitshow ends... for now... that is until a second season arrives.
there can't be season 2, the event doesn't sell BD well
Jun 19, 2019 7:13 AM

Feb 2019
Raphtaliamal said:
papsoshea said:
One more episode to go until the shitshow ends... for now... that is until a second season arrives.
Having a good BD sales don't guarantee a 2nd season either, Manga/LN sales are Important too.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jun 19, 2019 7:23 AM

Aug 2008
Well might be not the best, but is not shit either. Is a decent show. I prefered manga more, but lol manga always is better. I think few elements from this show hurt the butterflies,one being the slave thing, and lol..."loli', but are 70% of animeswith and none rant ))), although lol...are some more bitched thanthis one now :))) KnY :)))
The spider is watching
Jun 19, 2019 7:55 AM
Feb 2019
Raphtaliamal said:
papsoshea said:
Sure? How about the promised neverland which sold only about half of shield hero? It gets season 2.

I think many of MAL people are still outdated. They always predict sequel possibility based on BD sales. Haven't you read Junichiro Tamura interview on reddit (the producer of shield hero)? He said that anime market nowadays has shifted to legal streaming and merchandise selling.

I thought the possibility of season 2 is really high, because:

1. It's one of the most watched in many streaming sites (especially in CR, it's top 1 there since winter)

2. The merchandises (especially nendoroid) sold like hot cakes.
Naofumi's nendoroid is still on amiami.com top 10 most preordered figure even after 2 month post-release, as well as Raphtalia nendoroid. In crunchyroll store, Naofumi's nendoroid is the first most preordered nendoroid all the time, and Raphtalia is the second.

3. And don't forget the huge increase of novel and manga selling.

Note : almost all popular show sold so low in BD/DVD for winter 2019 anime. Shield hero is still sold higher than mob psycho, dororo, and neverland though.
hanomanJun 20, 2019 7:22 AM
Jun 19, 2019 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
L'Arc is quite powerful.
Glass is also back.

One more episode to go.

Jun 19, 2019 8:06 AM

Feb 2019
That CGI tho..

They’re leaving out a lot of details in these episodes.. I mean I guess it accomplishes the whole promote the LN thing, but damn some important scenes are being skipped, would’ve been nice to see them make fun of ren for not being able to swim, also L’arc still was skeptical of naofumi being the actual shield hero in the LN even at the beginning of the fight, but eh, time constraints n that

7/10 episode, felt a bet generic and pacing was... off to me. Could just be because of what I know... fight was dope though. Queen best waifu

Recommend you pick up the LN’s if you’ve not already, wonder when the second season will be announced
Jun 19, 2019 8:13 AM

Nov 2016
Well, that was easy. L'Arc is by far my favorite character and I would've loved to see him trashing Naofumi and his bimbo squad. Too bad that my wish wasn't granted.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 19, 2019 8:23 AM

Sep 2016
That combo wombo was amazing! Re-watched that multiple times damn that's cool. The shield party has come so far to be able to work in unison like that.

Can't wait for next week! Hopefully it'll end satisfyingly and S2 be announced.
Jun 19, 2019 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
Can’t wait til next ep!! I had a feeling red hair would be evil.
Jun 19, 2019 8:35 AM

Jan 2018
in the manga, I remeber L'Arc one hitting the boss all by himself and here they teamed up?
Jun 19, 2019 8:39 AM

Jan 2017
Spear, Bow and Sword heroes are so useless in this episode... Aqua level of useless!

What they were even doing in the last part of episode when Naofumi was fighting with Arc?

Also we got a Isekai in Isekai that is already a Isekai so basically Isekai Quartet S2 episode 1?
Dudi4PoLFrJun 19, 2019 8:47 AM
Jun 19, 2019 8:41 AM

Apr 2019
After last episode's breather, this episode gets right into the next wave. The non-human monsters are quickly defeated, and the three Stooges hero trio once more displays their cartoonish incompetence. Plot wise most importantly, the nature of SH's multiverse structure of parallel worlds is revealed officially.

L'Arc and Therese Alexanderite are portrayed as antagonistic, yet gentleperson worthy opponents. Glass joins them soon to complete the competent counterparts of team Motoyasu. This clearly leaves the door open for later partnertship with team Shield, after the "misunderstandings" are removed. If not, SH's world has a serious problem.

I'm not a fan of action anime, so this wave and fight episode just gets a 3/5 from me. Not the least because the animation of SH simply makes fights into powerpoint shows to some degree, miles away from fate/zero quality.

Jun 19, 2019 8:51 AM

Feb 2011
Do we really want a second season though ?
Jun 19, 2019 8:52 AM

Jun 2010
Nobody explains anything. This show was so good at first. :/
Jun 19, 2019 8:54 AM

Nov 2018
hanoman said:
Raphtaliamal said:

Sure? How about the promised neverland which sold only about half of shield hero? It gets season 2.

I think many of MAL people are still outdated. They always predict sequel possibility based on BD sales. Haven't you read Junichiro Tamura interview on reddit (the producer of shield hero)? He said that anime market nowadays has shifted to legal streaming and merchandise selling.

I thought the possibility of season 2 is really high, because:

1. It's one of the most watched in many streaming sites (especially in CR, it's top 1 there since winter)

2. The merchandises (especially nendoroid) sold like hot cakes.
Naofumi's nendoroid is still on amiami.com top 10 most preordered figure even after 2 month post-release, as well as Raphtalia nendoroid. In crunchyroll store, Naofumi's nendoroid is the second most preordered nendoroid all the time, and Raphtalia is the third.

3. And don't forget the huge increase of novel and manga selling.

Note : almost all popular show sold so low in BD/DVD for winter 2019 anime. Shield hero is still sold higher than mob psycho, dororo, and neverland though.

If the announced in S2 is either at the ending episode (episode 25) or it takes only months to say the announced for S2
Jun 19, 2019 9:03 AM

Sep 2017
Finally last episode left never watching any isekai trash again first 3 episodes where lie.
Jun 19, 2019 9:05 AM
Jan 2019
Well, that was fucking perfect episode. I love how Naofumi and his party work together. Geez and that Soul Eater shield is awesome. I hope so much they’ll bring us season 2.
Jun 19, 2019 9:14 AM
Jan 2019
1 more episode to go. Glass appearance at the end. This is gonna be fun.
Jun 19, 2019 9:22 AM

Sep 2014
After not being very pleased with most of the second cour, this was a really good episode if you ask me. I was about to lose interest in the series and only wanted to finish it because its nearly over, but Im back into it now.

Sucks that out of the only 3 competent people this show has, 2 are Naofumis enemies. He should just ask Glass if he can switch teams. Win win.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 19, 2019 9:24 AM

Jul 2017
How does Raphtalia, a party member deal more damage than the three stooges! They are higher level, have better equipment and are the so called heroes. It doesn’t make any sense and devalues the purpose of the heroes.

Why are three stooges still not working together after everything that’s happened? All that character development gone down the drain all to portray how strong Naofumi is compared to the other 3 heroes.

The fact that the heroes are so useless that they got defeated in 1 attack while Naofumi’s party kept fighting, really broke my suspension of disbelief in the fight.
FlexstyleJun 19, 2019 9:49 AM
Jun 19, 2019 9:28 AM
Jan 2012
Need more Fueeee!!
Jun 19, 2019 9:36 AM
Jan 2018
This was a good episode. I don't understand why people are saying it's terrible but still watch it.
Jun 19, 2019 9:42 AM
Nov 2018
Kennazone said:
This was a good episode. I don't understand why people are saying it's terrible but still watch it.
It makes them feel special and sophisticated. Poor morons just enjoy shitposting. Ignore them.
Jun 19, 2019 9:46 AM
May 2016
I don't know if you guys noticed but in the beggining on the boat, the archers in CGI are so ugly, their sword are clipping through their platebody, and sometimes, the monster is ugly too
Jun 19, 2019 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
It was a long journey but we're finally nearing the end of this anime. I still hate how they skipped and changed some scenes from the source material. Series earns a meh I guess but I don't see myself picking it up again if it gets another season.
Jun 19, 2019 10:16 AM
May 2019
KlinyKlinn said:
in the manga, I remeber L'Arc one hitting the boss all by himself and here they teamed up?

They're following the light novel, not the manga, even says that on its MAL page with the source.
Jun 19, 2019 10:17 AM
May 2019
papsoshea said:

Hey, you gotta admit despite the horrid cgi this episode was pretty good, L'arc is proving to be a really good character imo,he doesnt hate naofumi for past stuff thats already settled like many here jumped to the conclusion of.
Jun 19, 2019 10:22 AM

Apr 2019
PersiaJuliet23 said:
hanoman said:
I thought the possibility of season 2 is really high, because:(...)
I agree that season 2 is both desireable and likely. Find my detailed arguments on why in an older thread, see https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1786735&show=50#msg57793540

In a nutshell: Because Crunchyroll picked it as learning vehicle for action/fantasy shows with epic (=large world, longer running, large cast) proportions. Their investment arm is deeply involved and they need to keep a competitive edge. Despite some self-entitled SJW critics obsessing over the first few episodes and crying wolf, the unwashed masses seem to like th show.

The underlying LN material is a best seller and Crunchyroll would be fools if they first invest into world building, and then throw away the result because of a few whining weebs when mainstream is happy.

I expect season two, ideally with increased production value. Because you feel everywhere how tight the budget for this season was, and how many things they tried out which makes it a little inconsistent. The other big issue with me is PG-13, the main reason behind crippling some arcs and story details and the annoyingly cartoonish characters like the 3-Stooges-Heros and Malty - keep it kiddy friendly and easy to grasp. I would expect a PG17+ season would greatly improve storytelling options.

Jun 19, 2019 10:36 AM
Jul 2017
One episode left and this is pretty meh.
Jun 19, 2019 10:38 AM
Apr 2018
Can anyone tell me the ST of the battle betn naofumi vs glass.
Jun 19, 2019 10:39 AM
Jan 2019
WHAT?! HEROES FROM ANOTHER WORLD?! ... Well, something was already telling me when I saw the "gems" in Glass's weapons the first time he appeared in front of Naofumi. They are the same "gems" that they are in the arms of the heroes.
But, why the hell do they want to kill Naofumi? What do they gain by killing the shield hero, what good does it do to the world they come from? I have too many questions. They have very peculiar and unusual powers.
L'arc and Therese I like, that bad that they are of the enemy side. But they are good people, they demonstrated it when protecting to the crew and Melty of the waves.
Where the hell come the waves ?.
WOW! This episode was explosive. What an intense battle. Just one episode from the end of the first season (I hope so, I want a second season) and I can not contain the emotion.

PS: Seeing the Queen go to battle with the others, it was great. She is a real queen.
Naofumi has become much stronger since the penultimate wave. Glass recognized him.
Jun 19, 2019 10:40 AM

Dec 2016
I think it was a mistake trusting L'Art and Therese? I was surprised by their betrayal! Or are they just making up some kind strategy and using Naofumi for his good will? Somehow, it seems like they are fighting and testing him at the same time but holding it back the fight cuz they don't want to hurt him. And it seems like Glass came back but are on L'Ark and Therese's side. Not a good impression :/

I don't know if anyone noticed this but, I found one terrible mistake while L'Ark was pointing his scythe at Naofumi >_> There was a moment where he points for the first time at the Shield Hero looking up close; Then from far, out of the blue, L'Ark just stopped doing that and rests the weapon on the zombie whale; But then when it brings back closer, there was it was again, pointing at Naofumi. What's going on here??

The episode was ok. Can't believe next week will be the last episode X( Will miss this show!
Jun 19, 2019 10:42 AM

Jul 2017
well the cg this episode was...pretty bad, the monster looked creepy af (in a good sense) but that was almost Berserk level CGI

Interesting reveal about L'Arc and co. Really hoping they end up winning but for the sake of the plot, we already know whos coming out on top. At least don't tell me everyone lives at the end of this debacle. Also did the other heroes really give up that fast? They're supposed to be the so-called chosen ones yet they barely did fuk all against the trio

FMmatron said:
Well, that was easy. L'Arc is by far my favorite character and I would've loved to see him trashing Naofumi and his bimbo squad. Too bad that my wish wasn't granted.

we share the same sentiment
Short_CircutJun 19, 2019 10:46 AM
Jun 19, 2019 10:52 AM
Oct 2018
I hope in the last episode they do something very good.
Jun 19, 2019 11:09 AM

May 2018
rip Naofumi's attempts at making friends
Jun 19, 2019 11:12 AM

Oct 2018
The CG soldiers and big fish didn't do it for me. The writing didn't either lol.
ใ€๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ผโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ตโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ซโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹ใ€‘

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Jun 19, 2019 11:21 AM

Nov 2014
This could've been great action episode... if action didn't looks so damn cheap. Outside of few scenes, this whole episode seemed low budget. Hopefully next one picks up.

Firs time Naofumi trusted someone like that and this is how it ends. It'd be pretty funny if it turned into another trauma.
Jun 19, 2019 11:32 AM

Oct 2008
I don't understand the people who hope that Season 2 doesn't happen. Like, how selfish can you get? What would a second season do other than bring its fans joy?
Jun 19, 2019 11:40 AM

May 2013
Why are you doing this?
*Starts the explanation*
- to prevent that...

That doesn't explain shit... I swear to god, the stupidity level of some animes are off the charts.
Jun 19, 2019 11:48 AM

Dec 2018
Finally, we have some actual interesting characters. I am all on board with L'Arc and Therese and whatever their plan is and want to find out there goals.

I have to complain though, the first half of the episode looked appalling. I am a bit of a 17th century ship enthusiast and the fact that the frigates(the ship type) were actually sailing when you can very clearly see that there wasn't a single wave on the still image that is the ocean. Trivia : Frigates sail using wind, waves are formed by wind, if not a single wave is formed then the frigates should remain still(There are actual cases in real history where in huge oceans such as the pacific/antarctic, ships are stranded for months due to windless pockets).

This is just a personal problem and it's not the story creators fault, if it's anyone's fault, it's Kinema Citrus's fault(heck, I didn't even mention the horrible CG). Come on, this is like the first time I've seen an actual fleet of frigates, in an ANIME!! and they botched it. It should have looked glorious.
Jun 19, 2019 11:55 AM
Apr 2016
ok so now he makes ennemies without reason

I kinda liked the musics in this episode. We had like three music, the jazz part was a bit weird but i would listen to it
Jun 19, 2019 11:57 AM

Aug 2015
1 more episode to go.
I honestly have mixed feelings towards Shield Hero.
The visuals, soundtrack, English Dub and characters such as Naofumi and Raphtalia were great the plot, series direction were not that good especially Spear Hero who is one the most stupidest and contrived to ever exists from the genere.

I liked the revenge aspect of the series notably episode 21 but it wasn't enough to save this mediocre plot that had so much potential.

It's not a bad series by any means but it didn't rise enough to truly worthwhile.

It's mostly going to be a 5-6/10 series for me.
Jun 19, 2019 12:06 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a naval battle huh nice. Given that Naofumi's party is the only one that can operate underwater he sure drawn the short straw in this battle. Despite being levelled up the damage that the other hero's were capable off sure were rather low. Melty really had a lucky escape there though. L'arc's combo attack with Therese though was amazing. Given his strength no wonder he views the other hero's as inferior. Still to think that they were actually hero's from another world. While L'arcs skill with the scythe was amazing Therese's ability to act as both an offensive mage and a defensive one was even more so. Melty's arrival on the field while uniting the party sure made the battle even fiercer. But Glass's arrival sure tipped the balance of power once more. A solid ep with both an excellent naval battle for the first half and an excellent twist paired with a even fiercer battle for the second. Glass's appearance sure makes things even more interesting. A solid penultimate ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2019 12:29 PM

Mar 2019
Incredible, despite having "clarified" all the injustices the other three heroes continue under the same line, without the obvious changes they should have for know their failures, egocentrism and naivety, the spear does not even seem to understand that they treated him as a fool from episode one, is a series that is not interested in the development of characters and keeps the supposed three heroes as a resource so that the only one who ends up winning something is Nao
Jun 19, 2019 12:46 PM

Nov 2017
If you dont beat that bitch in the next episode Naofumi, im gonna literaly come and kick your fucking ass. Gosh, are they really gonna end the season on this spot. I'm smellin' a big cliffhanger.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

270 by SanessyAdversary »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

355 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2019

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2019

300 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2019

288 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 4:36 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.