Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2019 2:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, I wonder if Okamura can ever get along with Eijun. The two are like oil and water.

Looks like we got more practicing this episode. Being a catcher isn't easy you know. Miyuki is also rather observant of both Eijun and Okamura.
Jun 18, 2019 3:52 AM

Feb 2013
Furuya wants to get better but he's not moving forward for now.
Jun 18, 2019 4:20 AM

Oct 2017
More frustration for Sawamura honestly this is too depressing, everyone obssessed with furuya and not giving Eijun any time.
Jun 18, 2019 4:22 AM

Dec 2013
Furuya still has to put his shit together...

I’m looking forward to the match with Ichidai.
Jun 18, 2019 4:28 AM

Aug 2008
I wonder if we ever get to see how Sawamura overcomes Furuya... Doesn't look like it xD
Jun 18, 2019 4:55 AM

Feb 2010
papsoshea said:
What Miyuki told Okamura was really cool, and its good to see him humble himself and offer Sawamura to catch his pitches - seriously, Okamura was getting on my nerves so this is a good change for him.

What? cool? lol he's a hypocrite, he said all "cool stuff" like that then few hours later he ditched Sawamura for Furuya's selfish request making Sawa depressed and angry when clearly there's a match tommorow. Both Furuya & Miyuki piss me off this time, Furuya's character development was regressed, he's back to being egocentric and selfish while Miyuki? useless, he didn't even say anything useful to tilted Furuya and made Sawamura really look like a helpless idiot, he just laugh & made annoying jokes about Ace-sama and stuff.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jun 18, 2019 5:51 AM

May 2012
I WANT MORE SAWAMURA

Jun 18, 2019 6:12 AM

Oct 2017
That was best episode in this season. Don't get why someone will rate it low. Now the build up ends and the real work starts.
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jun 18, 2019 6:54 AM

Nov 2016
Really good episode again. The different dynamics going on are so interesting to watch. Also can't wait for the Ichidaisan match.

And I wouldn't necessarily call Miyuki a hypocrite since he's mainly acting in interest of the team. I mean, focussing on Furuya as a Ace is important. We also shouldn't forget that him ditching Sawamura might give birth to another battery with Okumura. Miyuki is a third year and captain, so he also has to think long-term.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 18, 2019 7:09 AM

May 2013
Miyuki will be gone next year they have to start practicing with the 1st year catchers
Jun 18, 2019 8:00 AM

Feb 2010
papsoshea said:
Yes, cool. Forget about the "hypocrite" stuff because if what Miyuki said to Okamura helps get him and Sawamura on the right page, then that's what matters + it was definitely something he needed to here. Edit: He gave Sawamura something he needed to hear, which in the same way, challenged and warned Furuya - by saying that Sawamura may possibly be starting. It pits the two back on the level on competing for the mound. Most of the episodes so far has just been about Sawamura being left behind.

If it's about the progress about their (Sawamura + Okumura) relationship,yes i must agree but if it's about his behavior,no... he looks like a hypocrite. Challenged and warned... useless advice, they are not even on the same level anymore (in terms of status), Furuya is Ace so he can be selfish and Sawamura is just a pathetic relief, that's the truth Miyuki tried to confess and it was totally humiliating for Sawamura and he did it in front of first years tbh i really want to see Sawamura was angry sometimes about his condition, because it's truly sad.

FMmatron said:
I wouldn't necessarily call Miyuki a hypocrite since he's mainly acting in interest of the team. I mean, focussing on Furuya as a Ace is important. We also shouldn't forget that him ditching Sawamura might give birth to another battery with Okumura. Miyuki is a third year and captain, so he also has to think long-term.

Tbh i loved that progression since i like Okumura but we also shouldn't forget that Miyuki was ditching Sawamura because he favors Furuya more (as Ace) in front of first years, after all the talk about rivalry or about don't make your pitcher pissed so that he won't perform poorly i couldn't help but think he is a hypocrite here expecially in front of Okumura. No, it's no long-term, Miyuki didn't even accomplish anything here but making Sawamura realize that Ace is basically a god in Seidou and he's nobody. Okay catching for Furuya but what for? did he advice something useful to Furuya's current problem about Masamune obsession? no, he just let him to be a selfish bastard, Miyuki just proves that. It didn't even help both Sawamura and Furuya. I'll bet the match tommorow will be a mess for Furuya and Sawamura saved his ass again.
roppuriJun 18, 2019 9:34 AM

Jun 18, 2019 8:33 AM
Sep 2015
When Furuya said he won't give up the mound to Sawamura, 'the mound' = Miyuki senpai. When Sawamura ask Okumura will he create that art with him, 'that art' means....
Jun 18, 2019 8:47 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, this might have been one of my favorite episodes till date.

Loving all the different interactions and scenarios that are coming up during training. Furuya's too obsessed with surpassing his own self that he was on that fateful day that he isn't pitching the way he needs to as the ace.

I do think Miyuki was a little harsh by brushing Sawamura aside to catch for Furuya but I think his main goal was to just understand what Furuya was thinking given his rough performances lately. He was able to get Furuya to say what exactly he wants and he also stopped the training once he understood that and also managed to tell him in a roundabout way that his pitching is off because he is far too obsessed. Though, I do think he could've treated Sawamura a lot nicer but his jokes at the end made me laugh.
Jun 18, 2019 8:57 AM

Nov 2016
roppuri said:
FMmatron said:
I wouldn't necessarily call Miyuki a hypocrite since he's mainly acting in interest of the team. I mean, focussing on Furuya as a Ace is important. We also shouldn't forget that him ditching Sawamura might give birth to another battery with Okumura. Miyuki is a third year and captain, so he also has to think long-term.

Tbh i loved that progression since i like Okumura but we also shouldn't forget that Miyuki was ditching Sawamura because he favors Furuya more (as Ace) in front of first years, after all the talk about rivalry or about don't make your pitcher pissed so that he won't perform poorly i couldn't help but think he is a hypocrite here expecially in front of Okumura. No, it's no long-term, Miyuki didn't even accomplish anything here but making Sawamura realize that Ace is basically a god in Seidou and he's nobody. Okay catching for Furuya but what for? did he advice something useful to Furuya's current problem about Masamune obsession? no, he just let him to be a selfish bastard. So as Ace he could do whatever he wants? rubbish but Miyuki just proves that. I'll bet the match tommorow will be a mess for Furuya, Sawamura saved his ass and nobody gives credit to him again.

But it's Furuya who's the Ace atm and as a captain Miyuki has the duty to check on his current state of mind, otherwise it might negatively influence the performance of the team as well. And it seemed that Furuya came to the the realization that his current emotions are not the right driving force. So it's about sacrifices and picking the lesser evil in a sense. And with long-tearm I referred to the Sawamura-Okumura battery, Miyuki will leave the team soon so it's important to create new bonds. I see where you're coming from and I even partly agree, but it's not always easy to make the right call under given circumstances. Miyuki is aware of that and how difficult it is to handle his pitchers, admittedly he didn't handle the situation optimal, but his actions did serve a purpose.

I also think that now the time has come for Sawamura to take over, so Yeah, Furuya messing up in the next game seems likely.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 18, 2019 9:04 AM

Jun 2010
There are moments that I forget that Sawamura is the protagonist. I miss the previous seasons.
Jun 18, 2019 9:11 AM

Feb 2010
FMmatron said:
But it's Furuya who's the Ace atm and as a captain Miyuki has the duty to check on his current state of mind, otherwise it might negatively influence the performance of the team as well. And it seemed that Furuya came to the the realization that his current emotions are not the right driving force. So it's about sacrifices and picking the lesser evil in a sense. And with long-tearm I referred to the Sawamura-Okumura battery, Miyuki will leave the team soon so it's important to create new bonds. I see where you're coming from and I even partly agree, but it's not always easy to make the right call under given circumstances. Miyuki is aware of that and how difficult it is to handle his pitchers, admittedly he didn't handle the situation optimal, but his actions did serve a purpose.

I also think that now the time has come for Sawamura to take over, so Yeah, Furuya messing up in the next game seems likely.

The thing is why now? why not before? why this timing? Miyuki already realized there was something wrong with Furuya for a long time ago and didn't do anything till Furuya called him, it's always like this, Miyuki never prevent...even when he tried to fix something he never say anything decent but insults, he can't be a catcher at heart, he always realized he was lacking after his pitchers making huge blunder, like in Sawamura yips (in the end he gave his responsibility to Chris because he is incapable). Im sure Furuya will also self-destruct soon without any help from Miyuki. I like this actually because it exposed about how flawed Miyuki is as catcher but still made me sad tho because im hugely a pro-Sawamura, it's a good thing Okumura have a lot of screentime, maybe he is the best catcher for Sawamura in the future even better than Miyuki.
roppuriJun 18, 2019 9:41 AM

Jun 18, 2019 9:12 AM

May 2011
Good episode! Was really looking forward to see Okumura catching for Sawamura in this episode after seeing Miyuki hinting him, but I guess I'll have to wait for the next episode.

Idk why but I chuckled at the "bat fairy" part in the preview even though it's probably not funny xD.
Jun 18, 2019 9:26 AM

Dec 2016
Miyuki was very bad in this episode.
Focusing on Furuya is ok, because he is the ace and is in very bad condition
But the way he did it was humiliating for Sawamura
Salvaju29roJun 18, 2019 9:48 AM
Jun 18, 2019 9:51 AM

May 2017
Looking forward to the inevitable battery of Sawamura and Okamura.
Manga readers teased more focus on Sawamura soon, which makes me pretty hyped. Furuya is just less interesting imo.
Jun 18, 2019 10:16 AM

Oct 2017
roppuri said:
FMmatron said:

The thing is why now? why not before? why this timing? Miyuki already realized there was something wrong with Furuya for a long time ago and didn't do anything till Furuya called him, it's always like this, Miyuki never prevent...even when he tried to fix something he never say anything decent but insults, he can't be a catcher at heart, he always realized he was lacking after his pitchers making huge blunder, like in Sawamura yips (in the end he gave his responsibility to Chris because he is incapable). Im sure Furuya will also self-destruct soon without any help from Miyuki. I like this actually because it exposed about how flawed Miyuki is as catcher but still made me sad tho because im hugely a pro-Sawamura, it's a good thing Okumura have a lot of screentime, maybe he is the best catcher for Sawamura in the future even better than Miyuki.

You might both be right well I've read manga so I know what will happen next. Still please remember that Ono is also senpai for both Sawamura and Furuya. So this is why Teramjima sensei added two new first year catchers to squad. Still remember this and I will say nothing more that that to not spoil anything. Injuries, they happen.

Btw. I don't like that Haruichi and Kuramochi don't get enough screen time. At this point there is just too many characters to cover.
Jun 18, 2019 10:30 AM

Nov 2016
roppuri said:
FMmatron said:

As you said. He has his "flaws" and it must be hard to make the right decision, that's part of his character and how humans generally are. It's always easy to point out the mistakes of others from our perspective, but we also make them if we're caught up in something and only realize them later.

Jun 18, 2019 2:12 PM
Feb 2016
junmisugi said:
That was best episode in this season. Don't get why someone will rate it low. Now the build up ends and the real work starts.

Because people for some reason think that this is Furuya no ace again. Clearly its not because Miyuki criticized Furuya for pitching poorly and told him that if he doesn't get himself together he will give up the starting pitching position. I understand if people were mad about Miyuki ignoring Sawamura but he did do some good things as well such as educating Okumura and criticizing furuya. This is not looking good for Furuya so I wonder what happens next
Jun 18, 2019 2:27 PM

Oct 2017
killerqueen2000 said:
junmisugi said:

Because people for some reason think that this is Furuya no ace again. Clearly its not because Miyuki criticized Furuya for pitching poorly and told him that if he doesn't get himself together he will give up the starting pitching position. I understand if people were mad about Miyuki ignoring Sawamura but he did do some good things as well such as educating Okumura and criticizing furuya. This is not looking good for Furuya so I wonder what happens next

Well I know what will happen because I've read manga :) but I think many people will be surprise about the outcome of whole angry Furuya storyline
Jun 18, 2019 3:19 PM

Sep 2011
I felt bad for Kaoru, it seems he has been carrying some baggage because of the people who would see his stature as the end of his baseball days despite his skills and efforts. And I'm sure that this is valid to a degree, but as he is showing us, it isn't determinant. And I'm glad to see that he didn't lose heart and got this far. He just has to "climb" this "wall" called Furuya now. And I felt bad for Sawamura too, Miyuki promised to catch for him, but he was quick to leave him behind just like that. He did have a reason, but Sawamura heard and believed that he was cast aside for not being as important as the ace.

Koushuu definitely has an attitude problem too. Not that I expected an apology or something, but he got irritated at Miyuki, and then he approached Sawamura in a somewhat condescending way. Welp, let's see who is going to start the next game, and if Furuya will be able to surpass the pitching level he achieved in the match against Hongou or if he is going to sabotage himself or something.
Jun 18, 2019 5:53 PM

Dec 2015
Nice episode, was expecting to see Koshuu catching for Sawamura when he asked him but look like it's for next week. I just want to see Koshuu catch please so next episode, don't deceive me :') Also the next match will begin.

set by taiyaki

Jun 18, 2019 5:56 PM
May 2019
I feel so clickbaited by this episode. From last episode's preview, I thought Sawamura was finally about to tell Koushu some real shit and finally show that he's not always someone to push around and be made fun of, but he still came out looking like an uncool loser. Especially since Miyuki helped make him seem really third-rate this episode. I love Miyuki, he's my second-favorite character, but I need more Sawamura loving and character development and Miyuki is making it hard for anyone to take Sawamura seriously, who's always on the back burner to Furuya and is always depressed.

I'm more than irritated with Furuya (and his burning blue aura because he wants to get infinitely better, as if Sawamura is a talentless log who never wants to improve himself) and the Furuya-craze at this point.
Jun 18, 2019 9:14 PM

Feb 2018
one of the better episodes so far , Sawamura and Okumura ? seems like an interesting duo .
Jun 18, 2019 10:30 PM
Sep 2018
wolfboy lived up to his name towards the end
Jun 19, 2019 7:47 PM
Apr 2019
junmisugi said:

Completely agreed.

This episode to me was more on the 3 catchers ( if only we got to see Wolf Boy catching Sawamura pitches ) and their dynamic between the Pitches is going to be great.

junmisugi said:
killerqueen2000 said:

Well I know what will happen because I've read manga :) but I think many people will be surprise about the outcome of whole angry Furuya storyline

Jun 20, 2019 3:09 AM

Oct 2017
HealthyHP said:

Jun 20, 2019 7:39 AM

Feb 2012
looking forward to how wolf boy will react after catching some of sawamura balls.
Let's see if he's gonna stay "disappointed"

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Aug 14, 2019 3:03 AM

Nov 2013
Furuya needs to get it together. Isn't it Miyuki's last summer? What does expect to do afterwards if he doesn't have any rapport with other catchers and no one can catch his pitches?
Good for Sawamura I guess, looks like he'll be working just fine with others as well.
Dec 20, 2019 7:06 PM

Sep 2018
Ouch Kaoru 😞 I remember Tajima on him, small boy and have potential but because of height, it hinders his potential.

I can't blame Furuya, he join Seidou because Miyuki can catch his pitches. Don't worry Kaoru! You have your own strength too. Just work hard more, nothing is impossible if you persevere!
Nov 3, 2021 9:43 AM

Jul 2015
Although Miyuki had a reason for doing it as shown at the end, he was certainly harsh to Eijun with brushing him aside to catch for Furuya.

Jul 18, 2023 6:17 PM

Aug 2019
Damn Furuya killed him with that.

I just love Eijun and Asada’s friendship. Masahi is just insanely strong. I’m glad Seido has a batter like him. I’m glad Miyuki is talking to Okumura about his behavior. He’s not used to Eijun’s cheerful personality. 

Oh man, I feel bad for Eijun even the first years and second years noticed.

Oh woah he wants to catch for Eijun. I woah Eijun is amazing. I like what he told Okumura.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

58 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 14, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 8, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.