Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 18, 2019 3:28 AM

Sep 2014
If tahouidiot wants to save his land he could always just sacrifice himself to the demons..

Idk why, but I dont enjoy this show as much as in season 1.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 18, 2019 3:30 AM
Apr 2019
Comander-07 said:
If tahouidiot wants to save his land he could always just sacrifice himself to the demons..

Last episode they literally said demons only accepts Hyakkimaru's body

I swear people didn't pay attention
Jun 18, 2019 3:34 AM

Jun 2013
Their mother was right, their prosperity was due to one person's sacrifice. A fragile one. If they don't all learn how to sacrifice something, their prosperity will never last. That's the problem with Daigo and his followers.

RIP Mutsu, Hyogo and Rapidash. Rapibaby will be the new mascot. Three of my faves already died. I'm worried about who else is going to die. I'm prepared.

On another note, I like that Hyakkimaru got back his arms and hands and just held the sword cutting himself lol
臭い-
Jun 18, 2019 3:41 AM

Sep 2014
ArcturusMi said:
Comander-07 said:

I swear people dont pay attention! It was said Hyakkimarus body worked BECAUSE HE WAS THE HEIR TO THE LAND

NOW GUESS WHAT TAHOUIDIOT IS

lmao
Jun 18, 2019 3:52 AM
Apr 2019
Comander-07 said:
ArcturusMi said:

I swear people dont pay attention! It was said Hyakkimarus body worked BECAUSE HE WAS THE HEIR TO THE LAND

lmao

No, it was because the contract was made by sacrificing Hyakkimaru. Only Hyakkimaru can fulfill the contract.

And if it's truly as you said, Hyakki is still Daigo's firstborn.
Jun 18, 2019 4:15 AM

Sep 2014
ArcturusMi said:
Comander-07 said:

lmao

No, it was because the contract was made by sacrificing Hyakkimaru. Only Hyakkimaru can fulfill the contract.

are you for real? Make a new contract. Lmao.
Jun 18, 2019 4:20 AM

May 2017
"If you want eyes, I'll be your eyes."

Top tier episode.. but I can't believe that they dragged the fight between Tahomaru and Hyakkimaru all the way to the final episode. I was sure the fight would end in this episode. Action animation was incredible. Yes we had a few episodes that didn't look as good but most of the episodes, and most importantly the major episodes were all very well animated..

It was cool how they portrayed the 2 horses as kind of a mirror version for Hyakkimaru and Dororo. The child witnessing how her mother has progessively become a demon just like Hyakkimaru but despite being consumed by the darkness she was still able show heart and empathy for her child just like Hyakkimaru has always shown love for Dororo. I just hope their story won't end like theirs where Hyakkimaru dies in the arms of Dororo corrupted by hatred and greed while still being able to show love and empathy for Dororo.

It seems unlikely for that to happen though. I guess we will wait and see for the finale. Will Hyakkimaru gain his eye sight and become devoured by his hate? One of them will die for sure. Even if Dororo manages to persuade Hyakkimaru where he decides to cease the fighting, Daigo and especially Tahomaru would never stop trying to kill him.
Jun 18, 2019 4:26 AM
Apr 2019
Comander-07 said:
ArcturusMi said:

Are you for real? Contract requires agreement from both parties. The demon didn't accept the proposal unless it's Hyakki.

Damn this show is really wasted on people like you.
Jun 18, 2019 4:26 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Hyakkimaru was able to get both of his arms back. Now he only needs his eyes.

Jun 18, 2019 4:33 AM

Jun 2012
Finally caught up with this series just before it's about to end, but it despite not being anything special it was an enjoyable watch.

I wonder how it will end, considering both sons were given screen time and perspective.

Jun 18, 2019 4:42 AM

Sep 2014
ArcturusMi said:
Comander-07 said:

Are you for real? Contract requires agreement from both parties. The demon didn't accept the proposal unless it's Hyakki.

doesnt it hurt being like this?
Jun 18, 2019 5:04 AM
Jan 2017
this very good episode
Jun 18, 2019 5:13 AM
Jun 2011
I have to say that this show is extremely flawed. Some actions just don't make any sense to me at all. Then I also noticed that we have people rooting for Tahomaru, because his actions are understandable. Yeah.... no.... Making a pact with a demon to save your land? It doesn't make sense at all. Just because they're too lazy to take care of their lands, doesn't mean that someone else has to suffer for it. The mother is also an absolute idiot. Took her this long to realize that they've just been lazy as fuck, but at least she realized at the end, unlike everyone else in the show. I love the show and premise, but the overall writing is really something.

Oh, yeah, and those two cronies that were with Tahomaru. The producers tried their very best to make their side of the story sad, but no one in their right mind cared about them. They were idiots. When they died, I was like; Finally! Good riddance. I felt more for the horse than those two dimwits, who've just been a nuisance throughout the show.
lawinaJun 18, 2019 5:17 AM
Jun 18, 2019 6:24 AM
Apr 2019
Comander-07 said:
ArcturusMi said:

doesnt it hurt being like this?

If actually paying attention to the show means hurt.. idk go figure
Jun 18, 2019 7:08 AM

Jan 2016
A little bit off topic but, anyone know when the ED 2 (Yamiyo - Eve) full version to be released?
Life is strange

Jun 18, 2019 7:12 AM
May 2016
lawina said:
I have to say that this show is extremely flawed. Some actions just don't make any sense to me at all. Then I also noticed that we have people rooting for Tahomaru, because his actions are understandable. Yeah.... no.... Making a pact with a demon to save your land? It doesn't make sense at all. Just because they're too lazy to take care of their lands, doesn't mean that someone else has to suffer for it. The mother is also an absolute idiot. Took her this long to realize that they've just been lazy as fuck, but at least she realized at the end, unlike everyone else in the show. I love the show and premise, but the overall writing is really something.

Oh, yeah, and those two cronies that were with Tahomaru. The producers tried their very best to make their side of the story sad, but no one in their right mind cared about them. They were idiots. When they died, I was like; Finally! Good riddance. I felt more for the horse than those two dimwits, who've just been a nuisance throughout the show.

I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks for bringing little sanity in this thread.
some posts here make my skin crawl. Nothing justifies selling kids to demons
The only victim here is Hyakkimaru. All they do is victim shaming.

Jun 18, 2019 7:44 AM
Apr 2019
It amazes me that people believes Dororo's "get strong" shtick (which tbf only works on Hyakkimaru's side of story) for the denizens of Daigo

Yeah, work hard, look at how far Drought, Plague and Landslide will take those hard works.
Jun 18, 2019 7:49 AM

Sep 2011
Comander-07 said:
They specified because hyakimaru was the one promised its the only ones the demons want, its literally the age old trope of the demons wanting your first born son. Come on now they literally say it outright this episode

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 18, 2019 9:16 AM

Oct 2017
ArcturusMi said:
RainyShadow said:

It's the opposite. Hyakki becoming an unwilling sacrifice caused prosperity to the entire land. They were suffering before anyways, retrieving the body parts just marks the end of that contract.
Ahomaru had easy childhood thanks to his big bros sacrifice. By refusing to let go of this, people like him caused additional unneeded suffering.

In summary - humanking is ungrateful scum which should be extinct already.

How's it the opposite when it's the same thing you you just said.

Before Hyakki goes on to collect his body parts, the entire land of Daigo enjoyed their prosperity. Him begins his hunt made the land regress to a hellhole it was.

Taho simply choose the lives of many (Daigo) outweighs the life of one (Hyakki). And while it's morally unquestionable, he has a good reason to do so, to prevent the suffering of the land of Daigo.

And Hyakki has "weak" reason to retrieve his body parts, "because it's mine". It takes episode 20 where he's in despair because he couldn't save Dororo whereas any normal human would with their real limbs, and the other is how he wants to become human, like Dororo.

This show has good morally grey area but it's wasted on viewers like you.

It's the same as if you get a loan (the prosperity for the land).
If you're a decent person, you'll seek a way to invest the money you borrowed, so you can pay back what you got and still have some to live well.
If you're a dumbass (Daigo), you'll just consume it. When the time comes to clear your debt, you won't be able to. Daigo does just this, and then he tries to kill his creditor.

P.S. why do they have a shrine dedicated to demons anyways? Smells even from the beginig...
Jun 18, 2019 9:17 AM
Apr 2016
While the whole series (this instance of Dororo) reeks of "average", this one episode is incredible in all its aspekts, but I would not be around if I expected any less. The demons taking over bodies of Hugo and Bob highlighted the "Good vs Evil" part of the episode. Expecting no less from the final episode. Not 8.40 when you look at other series with such a rating, but a solid 8 for sure.
JizzyHitler said:
Comander-07 said:
They specified because hyakimaru was the one promised its the only ones the demons want, its literally the age old trope of the demons wanting your first born son. Come on now they literally say it outright this episode

Adequate literacy and awareness is not one of the tropes the site users are allocated.

Re:formed
Jun 18, 2019 9:18 AM
Oct 2018
So in a way Dororo is going to betray him?
Jun 18, 2019 9:22 AM

Jul 2016
Too much final possibilities... Most of them are sad :(
I truly understand Tahomaru. As said in this thread, "If you can choose just one, would save 100 random people or one people who you love". I think there is really a moral question here. I don't think there is a 100% right answer tho, that's exactly the definition of dilemma.
Being a dilemma, answers will vary because it's something really hard to choose. We are humans, we aren't full rational or full emotional, we're both and that's why it's hard. The final result will vary for each person.

Really beautiful shot!

Jun 18, 2019 9:27 AM
May 2016
How about Hardwork to move to place that isn't a hellhole, aqueducts to bring in water when it isn't raining if you can't move. Barriers to protect against landslides. You know the stuff we do in real life. Hell why does Asakura want Daigo's land when it is a hellhole.

Frankly I think this whole side plot is dragging the story down. Because in modern story telling your villians and heroes are expected to be gray and people call you cliche if you don't do it, even through the new setup has become the new cliche.
yasuda1986Jun 18, 2019 9:30 AM
Jun 18, 2019 9:39 AM

Jul 2016
But in the end, I think the lesson will be like "All the villagers depended on Daigo and Daigo depended on Hyakki's sacrifice. If everyone worked together to make the land better or find other solution instead of wait for Daigo do something, it wouldn't be necessary to sacrifice Hyakki." We know it wasn't actually the villagers' fault to not think about it because their society lives in that way and it's something from their culture. But everything that happened will be a lesson for them to change their own lives.
Also, "it's ALWAYS bad to get involved with demons, even if they bring you some joy for a while, they'll bring caos and pain".

Well, that's just my opinion. Let's see how it'll end.
I just can say it was a really nice anime! Even with some downgrades in some episodes, it was really enjoyable.
Jun 18, 2019 9:53 AM
Apr 2016
ArcturusMi said:
EckhartPilgrim said:
So by pursuing Hyakkimaru, Tahomaru's actions led to:
- the demonization of the horse, thus the killing of many soldiers of Daigo's land;
- the death of both his servants/friends;
- the fire of hos own castle.

And he's still saying that the one destroying the land is Hyakkimaru? Come on.
Really? Hyakki retrieving his body parts caused suffering to the entire Daigo.

You are mistaking profound symbolism here. The horse was not "demonized", it rather became a tool of vengeance by the "world (not saying Buddha here)" for all this crap humans kept on causing. Which is why it faced against people who literally allowed demons to posses them. There is a FULL FRONTAL symbolism in play.
Jun 18, 2019 9:54 AM
Apr 2016
Farabeuf said:
asdqua said:
I've been wondering for a long time why don't Tahoumaru just offer his body instead

I think the demon would not accept it.

I've made my peace with Tahomaru surviving this, but at the very least, Hikki's dad has to pay for what he did. All of this is his fault.

You are right in that Tahoomaru survives and inherits the land. He is not evil as you can see when looking through Hyakkimaru's vision. Merely mistaken and conflicted. The whole series is a prime example of grey morality. But the rest of his family will surely perish, Hyakkimaru included.
Jun 18, 2019 9:57 AM
Apr 2016
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
Damn, again what an episode.

So the real message of the whole show is the strong vs the weak(Thanks to the conversation between Dororo, Hyakkimaru's mother, priest and the villagers).

The weak people in this case is Daigo, he is the lord of his land and he couldn't bring prosperity to it by his own hands. Instead he made a taboo deal with demons.

The strong people in this case is Hyakkimaru, he is the single person(not royalty) that's getting whats he wants by his bare hands(which he got this episode)

But both these types of people are demons,
Daigo(weak) - Finding inhuman ways(taboo deal) to do human deeds(prosperity of the land),
Hyakkimaru(strong) - Doing inhuman deeds(killing everything that's against him) to become human.
And like Dororo said the only way they wouldn't become demons is because of their hearts, Hyakkimaru's heart is Dororo(and still to a extent his mother), she will stop Hyakkimaru from himself. But what's Daigo's heart, his family, no(Daigo decides to go to war instead of helping his favored son), Daigo's heart is his land, he does everything for his land, he's raising Tahomaru not to fatherly love but the intent of bestowing a future lord for his beloved LAND, probably the last time he's going to be seeing his son, he chooses to go to war for the LAND. But his beloved land has already gone to hell, no way he's going to be human at the end of this.

Tahomaru in this case doesn't fall under weak nor strong, he's the human in this conflict that's carrying out his WEAK fathers will. He himself haven't done any inhuman deeds to get what he wants. Yes he's depicted as being demon but he himself didn't do the taboo to get Hyakkimaru's eye, it's Mutsu's fault. So I think if he dies, he's going to die a human.

Hyogo and Mutsu in my eyes did nothing wrong, they were given a second chance in life by Daigo and be by Tahomaru's side their whole lives.

From what Dororo told the villagers, about being strong is fine if you know your heart, I feel like their is going to be some sort of revolution to overthrow the samurai control and Dororo's treasure could become useful in that case. So please let us have a happy ending.

Jukai what are you doing....

You are stretching the limits of symbolism and definitions of "weak and strong" almost to the final point.
Jun 18, 2019 9:58 AM
Apr 2016
ArcturusMi said:
ninka22 said:

Imagine siding with thousands who sacrifice innocent child to demons so they can have better life for themselves.
As was said, Hyaka deserves what's his, you should fight for what is yours. That prosperity wasn't a fruit of their labour.
They should fight for their prosperity. Not parasite on innocent person's life.

no hard work can change the nature dumbass.

First episode, landslide, drought, and famine.

Hard work my ass

It is not about hardwork, it is about not giving in to disasters and malice. Disasters happen, but you can prepare for them the next time, and those who have can help those who do not have. Hardwork is merely a part of what the mother meant when speaking to everyone.
Jun 18, 2019 10:03 AM
Apr 2019
"those arms are mine"
"nuh uh (x3)"

maybe its demon possession but why did my favorite trio take the stupid ball this episode

rip mutsu and hyogo
Jun 18, 2019 10:11 AM
Apr 2016
Serbrethren said:
"those arms are mine"
"nuh uh (x3)"

maybe its demon possession but why did my favorite trio take the stupid ball this episode

rip mutsu and hyogo

Because they made a deal with the devil. No respectable series let's such characters remain unpunished for their deeds.
Jun 18, 2019 10:18 AM

Dec 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
Damn, again what an episode.

So the real message of the whole show is the strong vs the weak(Thanks to the conversation between Dororo, Hyakkimaru's mother, priest and the villagers).

The weak people in this case is Daigo, he is the lord of his land and he couldn't bring prosperity to it by his own hands. Instead he made a taboo deal with demons.

The strong people in this case is Hyakkimaru, he is the single person(not royalty) that's getting whats he wants by his bare hands(which he got this episode)

But both these types of people are demons,
Daigo(weak) - Finding inhuman ways(taboo deal) to do human deeds(prosperity of the land),
Hyakkimaru(strong) - Doing inhuman deeds(killing everything that's against him) to become human.
And like Dororo said the only way they wouldn't become demons is because of their hearts, Hyakkimaru's heart is Dororo(and still to a extent his mother), she will stop Hyakkimaru from himself. But what's Daigo's heart, his family, no(Daigo decides to go to war instead of helping his favored son), Daigo's heart is his land, he does everything for his land, he's raising Tahomaru not to fatherly love but the intent of bestowing a future lord for his beloved LAND, probably the last time he's going to be seeing his son, he chooses to go to war for the LAND. But his beloved land has already gone to hell, no way he's going to be human at the end of this.

Tahomaru in this case doesn't fall under weak nor strong, he's the human in this conflict that's carrying out his WEAK fathers will. He himself haven't done any inhuman deeds to get what he wants. Yes he's depicted as being demon but he himself didn't do the taboo to get Hyakkimaru's eye, it's Mutsu's fault. So I think if he dies, he's going to die a human.

Hyogo and Mutsu in my eyes did nothing wrong, they were given a second chance in life by Daigo and be by Tahomaru's side their whole lives.

From what Dororo told the villagers, about being strong is fine if you know your heart, I feel like their is going to be some sort of revolution to overthrow the samurai control and Dororo's treasure could become useful in that case. So please let us have a happy ending.

Jukai what are you doing....

You are stretching the limits of symbolism and definitions of "weak and strong" almost to the final point.

Is that a bad thing, I am just bringing out the message I saw which the show itself dwelled into. And I'm confident I did a great job at it. What have you gotten from the whole show.
Jun 18, 2019 11:12 AM
Apr 2016
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Is that a bad thing, I am just bringing out the message I saw which the show itself dwelled into. And I'm confident I did a great job at it. What have you gotten from the whole show.

It's a series.
I am not saying you are wrong when making those parallels. What I mean, is that you are making a large leap in logic from the ideas the studio put into mother's words to the "good strong people bad weak people" narrative. Yes, it is possible to see them as such. But there are more complex steps between reaching the strength and stopping being weak.
Jun 18, 2019 11:14 AM
Apr 2014
It's so touching how Dororo protect Hyakkimaru saying he has strong heart and won't turn a demon. And also that he mustn't pay for wellfless of others by himself. That very heartwarming moment. She really respect him and take care about.
Battle between Midoro and Mutsu, Hyogo was creepy and impressive.
Jun 18, 2019 11:35 AM

Dec 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
Shotttooo00_0000 said:

It's a series.
I am not saying you are wrong when making those parallels. What I mean, is that you are making a large leap in logic from the ideas the studio put into mother's words to the "good strong people bad weak people" narrative. Yes, it is possible to see them as such. But there are more complex steps between reaching the strength and stopping being weak.

Ok thanks for the clarification, but I'm not saying being Strong is good and weak is bad, both are bad, both types equates to being inhuman. Hyakkimaru is a "bad" person, it's just he is lucky to have Dororo. And yes there could be more complex stuff happening that I simply couldn't catch on.
Jun 18, 2019 11:44 AM

Aug 2016
That episode was amazing man, I do still root for hyaki.
Jun 18, 2019 11:53 AM
Apr 2016
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

It's a series.

Ok thanks for the clarification, but I'm not saying being Strong is good and weak is bad, both are bad, both types equates to being inhuman. Hyakkimaru is a "bad" person, it's just he is lucky to have Dororo. And yes there could be more complex stuff happening that I simply couldn't catch on.

You mean that bit about human living in extremes? Because right now your words reference the "not longer human" sentiment the blind Monk dropped. I feel like I should explain it. He is talking about how absolute good and evil work, humans are humans because they can not achieve either, else they would cease to be humans in the concept we know "humans". Humans can not keep on living inherently good and righteous, caring for each other and having no selfish urges. Neither they fall into utter despair and insanity, destroying everything around them. When it happens, it is mostly out of selfish neccessity, just like Tahoomaru is now trying to destroy Hyakkimaru - because it is neccessary, according to his belief, to protect the land from utter ruin. Achieving true Zen or its moral oppossite has been a long-impossible mission for humans.
As for Hyakkimaru, he WAS in the right, but as everyone around him started saying, the longer he clings to his mission of getting all the limbs back, the more of a devil he becomes himself - slaying humans, making his crusade for his limbs his only meaning in life. When his mother is approaching him this episode he hides the hands he just got back behind him - he is unwilling to let them go again, and he is afraid of his mother because he thinks it is her fault as well he once lost everything, too. Dororo is supposed to protect Hyakkimaru from becoming a demon himself by being close to his side and being the family Hyakkimaru never had.
There is seldom real good and real bad in Dororo, one of a more morally ambiguous works of late Tezuka Osamu.
Daniel_NaumovJun 18, 2019 11:57 AM
Jun 18, 2019 12:05 PM

Dec 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
Shotttooo00_0000 said:

You mean that bit about human living in extremes? Because right now your words reference the "not longer human" sentiment the blind Monk dropped. I feel like I should explain it. He is talking about how absolute good and evil work, humans are humans because they can not achieve either, else they would cease to be humans in the concept we know "humans". Humans can not keep on living inherently good and righteous, caring for each other and having no selfish urges. Neither they fall into utter despair and insanity, destroying everything around them. When it happens, it is mostly out of selfish neccessity, just like Tahoomaru is now trying to destroy Hyakkimaru - because it is neccessary, according to his belief, to protect the land from utter ruin. Achieving true Zen or its moral oppossite has been a long-impossible mission for humans.

Yay exactly, you've expanded on what I've been trying to say. Humans will always have selfish desires, which are judged by where their hearts lead.
Jun 18, 2019 12:21 PM

Aug 2012
Another bullshit episode. Hyakkamaru is considered a demon because he fights for what is right, but the 3 that literally become demons are considered humans. It seems the only one making sense is Dororo and every other person is either retarded or insane. H mother contradicts herself during the episodes and even during this one. And Dororo gets mad with the whole don't turn into a demon thing at the end of the episode. The only good thing about this episode was the two retard retainers dying

@Swagernator the motives of Daigo and Tahomaru are in no way valid.
Jun 18, 2019 12:31 PM
Sep 2014
fukumenkei said:
NV_ said:
Imagine siding with the person trying to kill thousands for a better quality of life for himself.

the thing is, he's not fighting for a better quality of life, hyakkimaru is fighting for the right to be alive. which he should have had since he was born.

What are you talking about, he IS alive? And he isn't any less alive because he can't touch or see things the same way other people can, he just has a lower quality of life.

Obviously Hyakkimaru isn't evil or anything for wanting the same chance as everyone else, but there are already people in his world less fortunate than him by this point so it's not like he's been that wronged; however Hyakkimaru is the only character in the series acting purely out of self interest, and that makes him the worst person.

Got to commend Dororo though, never seen a series straddle the line of right and wrong so well.
👌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)👌
Jun 18, 2019 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Comander-07 said:
incorrect. That was never stated. Come one!
Jun 18, 2019 12:35 PM
Apr 2016
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Yay exactly, you've expanded on what I've been trying to say. Humans will always have selfish desires, which are judged by where their hearts lead.

Now, I believe the slow evolution will lead to a moral revolution and Zen will become reachable, but that's too long of a topic here.
Jun 18, 2019 12:37 PM
Apr 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
Another bullshit episode. Hyakkamaru is considered a demon because he fights for what is right, but the 3 that literally become demons are considered humans. It seems the only one making sense is Dororo and every other person is either retarded or insane. H mother contradicts herself during the episodes and even during this one. And Dororo gets mad with the whole don't turn into a demon thing at the end of the episode. The only good thing about this episode was the two retard retainers dying

@Swagernator the motives of Daigo and Tahomaru are in no way valid.

Can you then justify a continued mass-murdering and screeching like a demon Hyakkimaru has been going on about during the last episodes? Does him rightfully wanting his hands back makes him morally impervious to any kind of sin he will commit while on his crusade? That's not even my idea, all there in the episode.
Jun 18, 2019 12:52 PM

Nov 2018
The 2nd half was esp. well-done. Great episode, got me teary-eyed. Hyakkimaru is so near, yet his sanity is at risk. I am sure he will be alright with Dororo around, but the land is going to suffer as a result. Wonder if the gold stuff Dororo has will really be enough to cover all that.
OrangeCloudsJun 18, 2019 12:56 PM
Jun 18, 2019 1:20 PM
Jan 2019
lawina said:

I said something similar but you're also 100% correct. The show had a lot of potential and a good start but the ideals and the stupidity of the characters just wasted the chance the show had.
Jun 18, 2019 1:42 PM

Apr 2015
Rapidash OP, It just ripped Hyogo's head off and kicked off Mutsu's arm like it was nothing, that was quite brutal!

To think that after Hyakkimaru gets his arms back, he would still use those small blades on his prosthetics as a weapon instead of the sword hanging on his waist.

Action was really good! Reall digging the soundtrack that played at the end. So next week this journey ends, it went by so quick.
Jun 18, 2019 4:28 PM
May 2016
I would the theme is about how we put some people over others. Freeing the demons has brought suffering to other villages but that's fine by Daigo's book as long as it isn't his people or allies. Hyakkimaru puts Dororo above others as he can't easily connected with others due to lack of experience. He can't generalize what people are like. I think he really doesn't understand what he is doing.

Although I don't think this whole sub plot is a good addition on Mappa's part.
Jun 18, 2019 4:49 PM

May 2014
Honestly one of the best episodes in a while! I’m so excited for next week but also really sad because the series will be over :(
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Jun 18, 2019 5:09 PM
Apr 2019
Daniel_Naumov said:
ArcturusMi said:

no hard work can change the nature dumbass.

First episode, landslide, drought, and famine.

Hard work my ass

It is not about hardwork, it is about not giving in to disasters and malice. Disasters happen, but you can prepare for them the next time, and those who have can help those who do not have. Hardwork is merely a part of what the mother meant when speaking to everyone.

"Happen" yeah they do, all the time, and currently hitting Daigo at the time.

But it already is impossible for Daigo to live in that state. The first episode literally has characters worrying that the land would be destroyed at that point, that's why Daigo took the extremes
Jun 18, 2019 5:13 PM
Apr 2019
RainyShadow said:
ArcturusMi said:

How's it the opposite when it's the same thing you you just said.

Before Hyakki goes on to collect his body parts, the entire land of Daigo enjoyed their prosperity. Him begins his hunt made the land regress to a hellhole it was.

Taho simply choose the lives of many (Daigo) outweighs the life of one (Hyakki). And while it's morally unquestionable, he has a good reason to do so, to prevent the suffering of the land of Daigo.

And Hyakki has "weak" reason to retrieve his body parts, "because it's mine". It takes episode 20 where he's in despair because he couldn't save Dororo whereas any normal human would with their real limbs, and the other is how he wants to become human, like Dororo.

This show has good morally grey area but it's wasted on viewers like you.

It's the same as if you get a loan (the prosperity for the land).
If you're a decent person, you'll seek a way to invest the money you borrowed, so you can pay back what you got and still have some to live well.
If you're a dumbass (Daigo), you'll just consume it. When the time comes to clear your debt, you won't be able to. Daigo does just this, and then he tries to kill his creditor.

P.S. why do they have a shrine dedicated to demons anyways? Smells even from the beginig...

... Do you even understand the contract Daigo made? It's not loan lmao

He asked the demons to take "anything from me [Daigo]" in exchange of the prosperity of The Land of Daigo. That's it. He's willing to sacrifice himself.

But the demon loves their wordplay and took his firstborn (since Hyakkimaru "belongs" to Daigo Kagemitsu).
Jun 18, 2019 5:17 PM
Apr 2019
Daniel_Naumov said:
ArcturusMi said:
Really? Hyakki retrieving his body parts caused suffering to the entire Daigo.

You are mistaking profound symbolism here. The horse was not "demonized", it rather became a tool of vengeance by the "world (not saying Buddha here)" for all this crap humans kept on causing. Which is why it faced against people who literally allowed demons to posses them. There is a FULL FRONTAL symbolism in play.

I'm referring to that comment who thinks Hyakkimaru is just a victim. And Taho is unjustified in his actions.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.