Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2019 5:39 AM

Apr 2018
Woah most of my questions about aot has been answered by this single episode. I'm so surprised that Greesha's Titan wife managed to find their house in the walls. Poor Greesha. He's been a lot. Good thing Titan powers can also pass memories
Jun 17, 2019 5:46 AM

Feb 2014
This is the first time I've seen Mikasa's hair look so messy like that. I must admit that it looks hot on her, though. =P

Anyway, the huge amount of reveals and info dumping that the episode offered was a lot to take in, but it does answer a lot of question for me, too. Grisha was living in a society where the Eldians were treated like second-rate citizens and constantly been abused and insulted by the higher-class citizens.

I wasn't expecting that Grisha had a wife, Dina, from the royal Fritz family and also a kid before marrying Eren's mother, but either way, Grisha's kid screwed him and his wife over and thus led to the brutal scene with the other prisoners on the Paradis Island.

Another thing that I didn't expect to happen was the Owl being one of the Marleyan soldiers, who then kicked the fat bald bastard that killed Grisha's sister to his deserved death. The Owl's titan transformation looked really badass, though.

I'm not surprised that both Eren and Mikasa were locked up for disobeying orders during the re-taking of Wall Maria. Admittedly, I don't blame them for reacting the way that they did and, to be honest, if I was in Mikasa's shoes and see Levi punch Eren in the face for the umpteenth time, I would also lash out at Levi and pin him to the ground, like Mikasa did. That was satisfying to see that moment happen, but they still broke the rules, so they still got the punishment they deserved in a way.

Looking forward to the next episode as always. =D
Jun 17, 2019 5:50 AM

Jan 2017

I thought this was inspired by the UK... they're kinda similar
Jun 17, 2019 5:53 AM

Mar 2008
Gator said:
What an info dump, I doubt that I was able to fully understand everything of it. So Grisha's first son is the beast titan apparently, seeing how he played with a monkey doll there and has blonde hair? And Grisha will probably eat Kruger next episode and gain the power that he's passing down to Eren afterwards. I don't even know anymore who's the good and who's the bad one, shouldn't Zeke be on the side of the Eldians inside the wall as well? If they wanna fight the Marley(?) guys after all.

I mean, it's not that they are just implying that Zeke is the beast titan, seeing how we already knew his name. About his convictions, you can see Grisha's dad as an example of what kind of mindset the Eldians living in Marley have. They kinda skipped over it, so maybe you didn't quite get it, but when they are annoucing they would being to choose warriors to inherit one of the seven titans, there's the promise of becoming a hononary citizen of Marley and how they would have freedom. They live in constant fear of doing something that would be considered treason and their whole family be punished. Even when Zeke snitched his parents, they say it was to protect himself and his grandparents. So basically you have Eldians who strongly believe they still have to pay for their ancestors' sins because they're brainwashed and have their family as hostages.

Jun 17, 2019 5:53 AM

Aug 2012
Danpmss said:

As for the information ommited in the other scene (what warriors are), Grisha did the narration explaining that the Marleyan army was recruiting young boys and girls to serve as Warriors that would inherit the power of the seven titans, since, as the episode previously stated, they were subjects of Ymir and can inherit the titan powers being held by Marley at the moment.

These are bits of info given before in the manga, but they aren't even used as foreshadowing, just as little introductions to things that will be explained entirely later, and serve to no purpose at the moment, so they don't really damage the content being presented in any way.

And of course, the whole "King Fritz of the devil Eldians declared war" was a red herring excuse from the Marley government to recruit Warriors as national heroes to fight for the Marley cause against the old opressors apparently being opressive again, and thus, they only left the real explanation as to why the Marleyans are invading Paradis and recruiting Warriors, provided by the Owl in the very next page and adapted entirely in here.

They really did not cut anything important, they just took away some panels reinstating information and some others with minor heads-ups to future events that have no consequence in this arc nor in the story until they are properly presented for the first time entirely.

Thinking about it, you are probably right. Anime-only are too dumb and they would just be confused if they added that. So I can accept that they cut the warriors part.
Still I think they could have handled the torture part better.
Jun 17, 2019 6:22 AM

Apr 2019
@operationvalkyri all i can say is wait for next week, there is a reason for why the king chose to move to paradis

tidoesstuff said:

i really don't think so
draw some random land on a paper and i guaruantee you there is someplace on earth that has similarities to that

You son of a .. turtle

Jun 17, 2019 6:38 AM

Jan 2017
Phenomenal episode.

Does anyone know where the Titan that ate the Sergeant Major also appears? It seems awfully familiar...
Jun 17, 2019 6:42 AM

Jun 2017
Holy shit. Turns out, their society, the ones inside the walls are considered as cowards and criminals by the people who lives outside of the walls and away from their Island Nation. Holy shit, contrary to their belief , to our belief, turns out, there is no end-of-the-world scenario outside the walls.... Holy shit, I can't wait for the next one.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 17, 2019 6:43 AM

Jul 2012
phoenixdevice said:
Danpmss said:

You are misunderstanding quite a lot of things in here, but I won't spoil, since a big part of the rest of this reveal will be covered by Owl in the next episode.

Maybe, but there is no chance the story will come back to previous significance. The "personal drama" will not be affected, but the overall scale are now reduced to a "local conflict" involves only one medium sized city.Titans are somehow threatening only until humanity discovers "real science" (internal ignition engines, planes, anti-tank weaponry and other stuff invented at XX century). After this value of a titans (even ones who have a magick powers) are dropped to a cost of a couple of siege tanks or a storm aircraft fighters.You dont need a superman like a Levi to fight against them - a squad of aregular troopers with panzerfausts will do same thing. So, in case of a armed conflict, the outer world are winer by default (for examples of extermination of magical spieces with heavy weaponry you can watch GATE).

Sorry, but I can't really reply to that without giving away stuff not yet adapted, and this isn't even a third of what the plot after this basement segment will cleverly and coherently escalate into. You will likely come back to this comment in the future and think "oh, my expectations and interpretations were kinda in the wrong direction entirely there", in my opinion.

Since there are still many twists to be adapted from the manga, especially in the later arcs, I can't really say why is that so, unless you want spoilers, of course (then I can prove your point wrong on private messages).
Jun 17, 2019 6:49 AM

Jul 2012
Funseco said:

I mean, the more graphic the more shocking after all, did they uncensored the other torture scene in Season 3 part 1's Blurays? There may be a chance in that case.

Jun 17, 2019 6:52 AM

Oct 2009
Dam..what cruel fate..
Jun 17, 2019 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
Top 3? Looks like you guys have been bombarding IMDB, huh? Well deserved.
https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?title_type=tv_episode&num_votes=1000,&sort=user_rating,desc
Jun 17, 2019 7:00 AM
Mar 2011
-Aincrad- said:
Not sure if I understood, then they actually live on a small island, called Paradis, where the government used to(maybe still?) bring people to transform them into titans?

Some quantity of peoples were abducted by a King Titan and imprisoned on the Paradise Island, which later become "australia" for an empire. King Titan itself do not transform people to titans because of fear of rebellion (or because he have a plenty of wild titans to command), the wild titans are criminals from the empire, and the intellegent ones - are special task force assigned to eliminate separatisic fraction leader and reclaim lands for its righteous rullers (i.e humans). Thats hows things looks for me now.
The methods choosen by "imperial titans" are awfull (they all can simply infiltrate MP and assasinate King titan, not massacare half of the city), but as the story explains - the titans are not a brightest of all people (except Annie, she was an exception).
Jun 17, 2019 7:03 AM
Mar 2011
Danpmss said:
(then I can prove your point wrong on private messages).

This will be fun, lets go. I watch show only because of Mikasa's abs so i am not afraid of spoilers.
Jun 17, 2019 7:04 AM
Jul 2018
Omni0477 said:
Phenomenal episode.

Does anyone know where the Titan that ate the Sergeant Major also appears? It seems awfully familiar...
its the one Mina Carolina in Trost.
Jun 17, 2019 7:20 AM

Jan 2017
ABDoesThings said:
Omni0477 said:
Phenomenal episode.

its the one Mina Carolina in Trost.

That clears it up a lot. Thanks! :)
Jun 17, 2019 7:22 AM
Jun 2016
Absolutely blew me away. Never read the manga and never had this spoiled fgm.
Had some idea about the outside world through exposition in the other seasons, but getting all this info at once made a great impact. Pacing felt good and nothing to complain. 5/5 episode for me. Ofcourse the mandatory Eren crying/screaming scene was packed in there somehow, but stil amazing.
Jun 17, 2019 7:24 AM

Oct 2013

Holyshit! Lmao, that is insane!
Jun 17, 2019 7:26 AM

Nov 2017
This was by far the most interesting episode this season, or perhaps of all seasons. I got completely sucked in the story and history. All the dots are connecting and lots of foreshadowing gets to be completed. So Grisha's original wife ate Eren's mom.. thats messed up in multiple ways. Also the santa titan that almost ate Armin was one of the rebellions.. and the last dude to fall off the wall was the one in the OVA with ymir and the tree... geez. And whats happened to Zeke, so many reveals and still so many questions. Certainly is cool to know that the world we know happens to be a relatively small island and theres a much bigger land/continent right out there where the actual world population lies. I love this, I look forward seeing more and more!

This is just too cruel, I just can't...

Hell yeah! This was cool!

plz @ me
Jun 17, 2019 7:32 AM

Sep 2016
Dude, what the fuck happened this episode
Jun 17, 2019 7:37 AM

Apr 2019
Shingeki no Kyojin is Very SHIT
Jun 17, 2019 7:50 AM
Apr 2016
Funseco said:
Danpmss said:

As for the information ommited in the other scene (what warriors are), Grisha did the narration explaining that the Marleyan army was recruiting young boys and girls to serve as Warriors that would inherit the power of the seven titans, since, as the episode previously stated, they were subjects of Ymir and can inherit the titan powers being held by Marley at the moment.

These are bits of info given before in the manga, but they aren't even used as foreshadowing, just as little introductions to things that will be explained entirely later, and serve to no purpose at the moment, so they don't really damage the content being presented in any way.

And of course, the whole "King Fritz of the devil Eldians declared war" was a red herring excuse from the Marley government to recruit Warriors as national heroes to fight for the Marley cause against the old opressors apparently being opressive again, and thus, they only left the real explanation as to why the Marleyans are invading Paradis and recruiting Warriors, provided by the Owl in the very next page and adapted entirely in here.

They really did not cut anything important, they just took away some panels reinstating information and some others with minor heads-ups to future events that have no consequence in this arc nor in the story until they are properly presented for the first time entirely.

Thinking about it, you are probably right. Anime-only are too dumb and they would just be confused if they added that. So I can accept that they cut the warriors part.

I have no idea where that group insult came from, but I will assume it stems from some sort of social status that does not exist.
Re:formed
Jun 17, 2019 8:00 AM

Nov 2013
Mikasa's hair was the highlight of the episode, fight me :v

winddevil1Jun 17, 2019 8:03 AM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 17, 2019 8:04 AM
Mar 2018

I haven't seen anyone posted about this. Zeke holding a stuffed animal that looks like his Beast Titan form, i'm sure this has a meaning later on but it's a pretty epic gamer moment.
Jun 17, 2019 8:11 AM

May 2017
I felt like the material they adapted would have been enough for atleast 1 1/2 episodes, it was quite fast paced and I could see some anime onlys being a little overwhelmed by the information dump. Great episode though. Kruger greatness
Jun 17, 2019 8:31 AM
Jun 2017
I have just watched it... I must say I am still shocked. It is really surprising, I am so excited about the next episode...

I have a question... This season isn´t the lates, right? I mean... it is not the end, right?
Jun 17, 2019 8:34 AM
Jan 2018
M4R0410 said:
I have just watched it... I must say I am still shocked. It is really surprising, I am so excited about the next episode...

I have a question... This season isn´t the lates, right? I mean... it is not the end, right?

2 more episodes of this season
Jun 17, 2019 8:34 AM
Jun 2017
BestBoiEren said:
all i will say is that im fucking shocked....
10000/10 amazing ep as usual

I totally agree... and I think I will be shocked for the whole week until the next episode
Jun 17, 2019 8:35 AM
Jun 2017
Mattinator95 said:
M4R0410 said:

So, there won´t a 4º season right? But does the story continues on the manga?
Jun 17, 2019 8:38 AM
Sep 2012
can all the manga/novel/webmanga/original source readers just go to its own discussion topic? The amount of times I get slightly spoiled because you guys cant control your excitement is too high!

great episode , lol shitload of reveals - zeke is eren's half brother, creepy titan who killed eren's mom and hannes (or wtv his name was?) was a royal and grisha's wife and zeke's mom lol

this is too much xD I recognize most of those titans from the previous seasons
Jun 17, 2019 8:40 AM
Funny Lesbian

Sep 2018
KRUGER! KRUGER! KRUGER! \(^▽^)/
you got the whole squad laughing

[/URL]
Jun 17, 2019 8:41 AM

Oct 2018
Definitely the voice acting is top tier. Not action packed episode but it's intense, damn!!

Badass Kruger wooh!!! can't wait for the next episode.
Jun 17, 2019 8:42 AM

Oct 2013
M4R0410 said:
Mattinator95 said:

There will be a season 4, the director already confirmed it, the manga is still ongoing.
Jun 17, 2019 8:45 AM
Jun 2017
keragamming said:
M4R0410 said:

There will be a season 4, the director already confirmed it, the manga is still ongoing.

oh OK, Thank you!! I really didn´t know anything and somebody told me there wouldn´t be a 4º season. Thank you for solving my question
Jun 17, 2019 8:52 AM

Jan 2009
the only thing that bothers me is why The Owl let all of them die besides Grisha damn Dina is such a waste of beauty specifically
Jun 17, 2019 9:01 AM

Jul 2012
deg said:
the only thing that bothers me is why The Owl let all of them die besides Grisha damn Dina is such a waste of beauty specifically

It will be explained in the next episode,
Jun 17, 2019 9:06 AM
Oct 2016
I found an interesting episode but I do not know if I bought this idea of the origin of the Titans I confess that I expected more.

and also found a bit confused a lot of information thrown in your face and are also censoring some scenes that did not need to be censored making missed the impact of the scene 😐
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2019 9:14 AM
Oct 2018
i hope now one is offended by the historical comparison that aot makes.
Jun 17, 2019 9:15 AM

Jul 2012
So, just a genius little bonus for whoever wants to rewatch the third ending of the series:

Jun 17, 2019 9:21 AM

Oct 2013
WraithFury said:
Definitely the voice acting is top tier. Not action packed episode but it's intense, damn!!

I fully agree with you. Not only the visuals alone, but also marvelous voice acting makes this anime so special. Just look at Grisha from episode 8. You could feel all emotions from his face's expression and the way he talked or shouted, especially near the border with Paradis.
Jun 17, 2019 9:24 AM

Sep 2012
tidoesstuff said:

Their map is our world turned upside down. Paradis Island is Madagascar and Marley's in Africa.
Jun 17, 2019 9:32 AM

Aug 2016
Why Eren and Mikasa are held in a prison? This doesn't connect to previous episode.
Jun 17, 2019 9:34 AM

May 2016
SilentNox said:
Why Eren and Mikasa are held in a prison? This doesn't connect to previous episode.

They attacked Levi, remember?
-
Jun 17, 2019 9:35 AM

Aug 2017
Let me just say this
It's a fucking amazing episode. Idc what anyone else says but this episode blew my mind. The plot is just amazing.
Next one: " Shingeki no Kyojin"
Jun 17, 2019 9:41 AM

Dec 2013
Kinda looked forward to this one as its really important one. And Kruger is badass, and cool. Like the ending scene a lot.
❑ Single (¬‿¬)
❑ Taken (¬‿¬)

✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist φ(°ρ°*)
Jun 17, 2019 9:57 AM

Jan 2017
Fenryr19 said:
tidoesstuff said:

Their map is our world turned upside down. Paradis Island is Madagascar and Marley's in Africa.

That makes a lot more sense, it reminded me of the UK because of the mountains towards the left, but since it's an inverted map of Africa, it explains Paradis island.

Nim0174 said:

tidoesstuff said:

i really don't think so
draw some random land on a paper and i guaruantee you there is someplace on earth that has similarities to that

Yeh. sure.
Jun 17, 2019 9:57 AM

Mar 2018
Hmm so what about Ymir, I wonder what her role in the story will be. I don't remember her backstory that well. She wasn't a patriot but victim of some weird ass cult, her punishment was the same though. Funny how she ate one of the warriors by accident
poop
Jun 17, 2019 10:09 AM
Oct 2007
Hmmmmmmm..... I'm neither impressed or disappointed, sitting on the fence for now. This episode just spawn more questions and made me confused.... I might have forgotten some stuffs back in S1 or 2 that doesn't allow me to recall the answer to my questions though.

1) So the reason why Marley is strong because they had 7 of the high ranking titans (out of 9)? How did they control the 7 titans in the first place?

2) Why are Marey finding vessels for 9 titans when they had only 7? Is that a sub translation issue at 10:39?

3) So Zeke is the beast Titan. Is he one of the 9 high ranking titans or he's just a lieutenant of somesort since they used the word "vessel". If he's actually one of the high ranking titan, what happened to the previous titan? Aren't titan immortal?
Did he really believed that by working for Marey, they're actually atoning the sins of his ancestor??

3) Why did the Founding Titan let a foolish King and council of nobles rule over the Paradis island? Did he really believe that trouble won't come to them just because of his warning and by concealing the truth from the Eldians (so that the Eldians doesn't go out and find trouble)?
The titans in the wall are supposed to protect the Eldians? How come there's no more titans left in Paradis island other that the royal family?
I guess it's possible if he really believe that trouble won't come to them (which is kind of naive imo)?

4) At this point, it seems like Marey had a foolish government too by trying to cast fear on the Eldians. I assumed Marey're being portrayed as the bad guys now? Somemore they're going to start a war just to get more resources.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2019 10:27 AM
Dec 2013
The anime now currently has a score of 9.20 on MAL after this episode aired (went up by 0.04).

Edit: Nevermind. It went back to 9.16 in the same day. Must've been an error or something.
wildhoodJun 17, 2019 12:42 PM
Jun 17, 2019 10:32 AM

Apr 2019
@luccide you will get most answers in the next episode

wildhood said:
The anime now currently has a score of 9.20 on MAL after this episode aired (went up by 0.04).

i was surprised it went up so much xD
might actually beat FMAB for a short time
Nim0174Jun 17, 2019 10:40 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.