Forum Settings
Forums

How does the anime community compare to other communities?

New
How does the anime community compare to other communities?
Jun 16, 2019 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
I got this idea from a video Digibro made titled, "How do I REALLY Feel About The Anime Community":

Where he also compares the anime community to other communities, and overall says that the anime community's been the best community he's been a part of.
Based on what little experience I have with other communities, I think I agree: sure, plenty of members of the anime community are toxic, but compared to the rap forums I've seen on Genius threads, and the music community I talked to under Youtube comments (especially 2pac fans), I think the anime community is pretty cool.
What are your guys' thoughts?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 16, 2019 7:18 PM

Sep 2018
I consider it very friendly in most cases. Their are debates regarding Casual vs Hardcore which applies to most fanbases. Even a retro vs modern conflict exists, but most people just recommend what they like instead of insulting the other side.
Jun 16, 2019 7:28 PM

May 2018
Decent. Good enough for me to remain part of the community.
Jun 16, 2019 7:30 PM

Jul 2017
Well it's not as circlejerk as the gaming community, but not as free as say the soccer/football community
Jun 16, 2019 7:34 PM

Feb 2016
I regret not getting onto the forums when I joined. This place is a lot more enjoyable than reddit.
The amount of troll/serious topics and comments seem to be a good mix. Too bad the forums aren't as popular as they used to be.

Everyone I meet who watches anime in real life or on the forum have been some of the best people I've met. People I've met through the bar culture ( big enough my city was named Beer City,USA) I can't relate to other than we both go to the same bar or both like cannabis.

There's also a diverse group of people here all with different taste in anime but you can always find people with similar.
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jun 16, 2019 7:35 PM

Jul 2013
Tbh it depends on where you are. I highly suggest you avoid the Series Discussion, I mean I've seen enough it's all the same. If person A disagree with person B they always go into rage mode (at least in popular series). At the same time, you have to deal with circle jerking positive or negative. This is why I avoid series discussion most of the time.

However, compare to other communities this is better than the toku community where is nothing but postitive circle jerking (unless it's Ghost, Ninninger, Kyoryuger Brave then its the opposite). There's no person that disagree (or very little)
GalacticMagnaJun 16, 2019 7:38 PM

Jun 16, 2019 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
Well it's definitely better than most communities
Jun 16, 2019 7:42 PM

Jan 2009
i heard gaming communities are more toxic so theres that
Jun 16, 2019 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
I'm part of the romance novel community and it's much more welcoming of diversity of background and tastes. There is no shaming and practically no elitists.

Having said that, the anime community is much better than the music or TV show communities that I've engaged with.
Jun 16, 2019 8:07 PM

Jan 2017
HopefulNihilist said:
I got this idea from a video Digibro made titled, "How do I REALLY Feel About The Anime Community":

Where he also compares the anime community to other communities, and overall says that the anime community's been the best community he's been a part of.
Based on what little experience I have with other communities, I think I agree: sure, plenty of members of the anime community are toxic, but compared to the rap forums I've seen on Genius threads, and the music community I talked to under Youtube comments (especially 2pac fans), I think the anime community is pretty cool.

All are annoying fucks. Not the anime community but the mal community at least. 90% of the users are immature and just awful. I hate this site so much but it's the only way I like to keep track of anime.
you're cool
Jun 16, 2019 8:08 PM

Oct 2013
A lot better than fans of certain tv shows and cartoons that I'll neither deny nor confirm being a fan of.
Jun 16, 2019 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
SparkingVolt said:
HopefulNihilist said:

All are annoying fucks. Not the anime community but the mal community at least. 90% of the users are immature and just awful. I hate this site so much but it's the only way I like to keep track of anime.

If you hate this site so much, why have I seen your participate in forums? I'm not trying to corner or argue with you; I am legitimately curious.
Jun 16, 2019 8:15 PM
Mar 2018
There's been the same kind of disagreements years ago in the anime community that have just become jokes/memes now, most people don't say those kinds of things seriously anymore (your waifu is trash, best girl etc)
There's still quite a few people who disagree on their favourites/the series they like but for the most part it's like the anime community has matured compared to some others, anime fans will often just let you enjoy what you're into

There's some series that are likely terrible by most people's standards, then there's a few series that aren't very popular due to it's genre or lack of exposure that are really enjoyed by someone, they aren't dogpiled for it

Of course some of the same areas are considered "toxic" like shipping and disagreements over some of the more confusing concepts in a series.
Anime/manga writers aren't the best writers, sometimes they just come up with something that's logical spaghetti to explain or forget how a certain concept works later and use it wrong

I mean, how does a dragon that is weaker than most of the people summoning it grant straight up miracles none of them can do?
Jun 16, 2019 8:16 PM
Mar 2018
SparkingVolt said:
HopefulNihilist said:

I'd expect some to at least be immature at times. That 90% on Mal are younger than me
Jun 16, 2019 8:27 PM

Jan 2017
HopefulNihilist said:
SparkingVolt said:

If you hate this site so much, why have I seen your participate in forums? I'm not trying to corner or argue with you; I am legitimately curious.

It's fun to bring my self distress and pain. I enjoy getting upset
you're cool
Jun 16, 2019 8:28 PM

Jan 2017
Captiaanuniverse said:
SparkingVolt said:

I'd expect some to at least be immature at times. That 90% on Mal are younger than me

98% are older than me and that's the sad part
you're cool
Jun 16, 2019 8:37 PM

Jan 2018
I mean, just like any community it really all depends on who you associate with. I'm pretty frequently on the forums, but I just avoid drama, and all the users I talk to on a regular basis are awesome people. Because of this, I'd say my opinion of the anime community is pretty good over all, but then again I just don't give the negative aspects (which are present within any community) enough energy to let them affect my outlook of it.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Jun 16, 2019 8:44 PM
Jul 2018
SparkingVolt said:
HopefulNihilist said:

It's fun to bring my self distress and pain. I enjoy getting upset

In that case, I think you need help.
Captiaanuniverse said:
There's been the same kind of disagreements years ago in the anime community that have just become jokes/memes now, most people don't say those kinds of things seriously anymore (your waifu is trash, best girl etc)
There's still quite a few people who disagree on their favourites/the series they like but for the most part it's like the anime community has matured compared to some others, anime fans will often just let you enjoy what you're into

There's some series that are likely terrible by most people's standards, then there's a few series that aren't very popular due to it's genre or lack of exposure that are really enjoyed by someone, they aren't dogpiled for it

Of course some of the same areas are considered "toxic" like shipping and disagreements over some of the more confusing concepts in a series.
Anime/manga writers aren't the best writers, sometimes they just come up with something that's logical spaghetti to explain or forget how a certain concept works later and use it wrong

I mean, how does a dragon that is weaker than most of the people summoning it grant straight up miracles none of them can do?

I wish I mentioned this in the OP, but I think that's what I love about this community: it's self-awareness. A lot of us are passionate of things like waifus, ecchi harems, but we don't take ourselves seriously about it. I think that's what differentiates us from communities like the rap community (holy shit those guys are toxic. I can't even discuss with a 2pac fan on why I don't think 2pac is the GOAT without them throwing a tantrum).
Jun 16, 2019 8:47 PM
Mar 2018
I think its something between bad and toxic, theres some sense of superiority among those who have completed a lot of anime, and then there are those people who never learnt that other people have different tastes, plus the rivalries, just look at Rem and Emilia rivalry, its ok if you dont like both, but theres no reason to call one of them as trash
Jun 16, 2019 8:48 PM

Oct 2011
Digibro is garbage so i'm not watching, but the community is basically the same as other communities, garbage.
Jun 16, 2019 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
Steiner1411 said:
I think its something between bad and toxic, theres some sense of superiority among those who have completed a lot of anime, and then there are those people who never learnt that people have different tastes

True, but doesn't that kind of toxicity exist among all communities? I think that because the anime community is more self-aware, people are actually less condescending when they say stuff like, "your favorite anime is shit" then, say, the rap community.
Jun 17, 2019 3:14 AM

Sep 2017
There are fewer people that are similar to me comparing to say, film people and literature people.
For example, a lot of the shows I like is scored higher on imdb than on MAL.
The way how criticism is done in anime community is in general pretty flat and boring. Even the best video essay about anime on youtube is made by a film critic.
Jun 17, 2019 3:47 AM

Jun 2010
Most communities are quite similar to one another since people's behaviour do not change. We can always agree to disagree. No need to fight over things.

Generally I don't bother that much. If I feel comfortable with a certain community, I stay. If not, I move on.
Jun 17, 2019 4:17 AM

Nov 2018
Nah, Anime Community is bloodbath argument war full of retarded people and it's the main equivalent to politics discussion.

I prefer Movie community and Gaming community over it because most people there are more critical thinkers.
Huge majority on movie community agree each other that superhero movies are the lowest common denominator it's fun hating on superhero movies most of the time.
Gaming community are the ultimate elitist especially PC masterrace people, all of them hate on EA, Activision and Bethesda, also they will roast you to death if you like Fortnite and Mobile Games.
Anime sucks, all of them are bad and that's a fact!
Jun 17, 2019 4:26 AM

Apr 2017
I don't honestly know since I never participated in other communities, but everything I know is that I hate this community with my whole heart.
Like really, Im getting sick of it but sadly I can't stop be part of it.

Jun 17, 2019 4:56 AM
May 2018
Communities are all the same. You'll find the same kinds of people everywhere, regardless of the subject. As for the proportions (proportion of assh*les, proportion of elitists, proportion of nice people, .......), no one can judge them because a community is way too big for our small brains to apprehend. Basically, no one can see the full picture because it's way too big.

From my journey across communities (whether that be on the internet or irl), I've never come across any major difference.
For example, look at the debate surrounding the end of the Code Geass series. We've had the EXACT SAME debate about the end of the movie Inception.

- The end leaves two possibilities.
- People start wondering which one is the "true" end.
- People find clues for each end.
- People start insulting each other. They're the ones in the right, that can't be otherwise and that totally justifies calling the others "brain dead" or worse.
- In the middle of the war, there are those who understand the end was supposed to be open and there is no "true end", but whenever they try to raise their voice, they get shut down instantly.
- There is a major theory rising on the internet, supposedly proving which is the one true end.
- After several years of silence, the creator states that the end was intended to be open and there is no "one true end".
- Many people still keep the heated debate alive and insult each other as usual whereas the case is already close.

I swear this definition applies to both Code Geass and Inception. It's literally the exact same case, only one is an anime, the other one is a movie.

There's no difference between communities.
What changes between communities is the culture, but I consider it highly superficial. I hear so many people criticizing anime because of the flashy colored-hair, and I'm always like "ok... why does it matter again?".
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Jun 17, 2019 4:56 AM

Feb 2019
it's the same as any other community, toxic & some part's of it is not toxic

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jun 17, 2019 5:39 AM
Jul 2018

So what if the users here on MAL are half my age or less and I still mostly met open minded, tolerant & friendly people - some more than others, but overall welcoming and nice.
Even the one or two who basically told me that I am a brainless idiot with no taste whatsoever did so in a friendly fashion XD.
Nah, seriously, better than most other forums / communities I've had the pleasure to take part in.
But I am not the most sociable person anyway, more reading than writing, so you could say I am actively avoiding the "toxic" topics.
Jun 17, 2019 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
CHC said:
There are fewer people that are similar to me comparing to say, film people and literature people.
The way how criticism is done in anime community is in general pretty flat and boring. Even the best video essay about anime on youtube is made by a film critic.

Interesting. Why do you feel as though the way the anime community criticizes is boring? I watched the video you linked, and the way it analyzes Satoshi Kon's work is exactly the same way I've seen other anitubers analyze anime.
Jun 17, 2019 7:24 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
its "eh" for me

theres just WAY TOO MUCH whining about anime and certain types of fans as well as competitions to see who's more socially acceptable for my taste

also, i don't find very many people i relate to, so that doesn't help :/

as i've said before, while i wouldn't go back, i definitely miss just watching anime and knowing NOTHING about the fandom
Jun 17, 2019 7:33 AM
Jul 2018
It's not bad but, compared to other communities, anime watchers are very uninformed about the medium.
I'd say 99% of the stuff I see posted around here (and on other anime sites) is either crap, or straight-up misinformation. Don't know if that's attributed to the very young age of most anime fans, but no one seems to do any research, about anything really.

Talk first and think second.
Every. Single. Time.

Even when you see a wall of text it's usually mostly babbling, with very little actual information to be absorbed.
Jun 17, 2019 8:24 AM

Oct 2015
i barely check out the forums, maybe once a month, i just mostly use the site to keep track of anime but one thing i noticed and dislike are the people who write reviews on ecchi wish-fulfillment anime or some simple shit like that and review it like it's some sort of Film for Intellectuals. They write in a weird way as if trying to sound smart and complain when the generic isekai anime they've watched lacked deep and profound stories, socio-political analogues, intricately woven characters or shit like that, in anime who's goal is to just make the average japanese salaryman otaku's depressing life less depressing, it's as if they don't know genres and tags exist. not every anime has to be psychological, a narrative masterpiece or some shit like that, just enjoy ecchi harem for what it is, if it's not your cup of tea then just move on instead of looking for things in an anime where it was never suppose to be in. some anime are just meant for you to flop down in bed and relax while seeing the MC have fun with fantasy shit and cute girls, if it fulfills that purpose well then good, but if it fails at being an ecchi-harem anime then you have all the right to rate it down because of that, it fails to meet it's main purpose, not because it doesn't contain elements you just prefer. but what also confuses me is those kinds of reviews are usually the ones with top votes?!

then there's the people who has a mean score of 4.5 or something, they're usually the same people i mentioned above, i mean you don't seem to like anime at all, you rate a vast majority of it at 1-3 points so why bother wasting your time on them? why not just find some other hobby because it's pretty obvious anime isn't your thing?

edit: sorry i got a little bit heated and ended up ranting there, i'm usually a chill guy maybe it's because i don't voice myself in the anime community all that often that i got like this, bottled emotions and all that jazz..
gh0strec0n141Jun 17, 2019 8:29 AM
Jun 17, 2019 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
A lot of people here seem to be venting their frustrations with the community.
This is not what I expected.
Jun 17, 2019 8:36 AM

Oct 2015
EcchiGodMamster said:
theres just WAY TOO MUCH whining about anime and certain types of fans as well as competitions to see who's more socially acceptable for my taste

i think i know how you feel, they hate on anime just because it's targeted for a niche audience with a very peculiar taste, peculiar but not illegal mind you, like c'mon it's rated for teens and adults for a reason, it's not suppose to be watched by kids...
Jun 17, 2019 8:39 AM

Jun 2014
Not perfect, but I've made friends here, so I can't really complain.

It's a lot better than video game forums. Video game forums are cancer.

Jun 17, 2019 8:56 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I'm sure it's great if you fall in line, actively keep your head down, and constantly avert your eyes to pretty much everything, or operate within a purely insular environment that tends to be based around like-minded people and blow that limited scope up to being representative of the entire anime fandom. Outside of that, I've found it more hostile and gatekeep-y than most fandoms I've been a part of and I don't know why I bother most of the time.

It lives and dies by being paranoid of being judged for liking anime or being thought of as weird. "Who can I point the finger at for that one guy who made fun of my anime avatar on a YT comment section that one time?" Ecchi fans are why anime fans have a bad name. No, it's really the fujos and the shippers. No, it's the elitists. No, it's the casuals. No, it's the younger audience. It's the super-owo moe fans. It's the shounen keyboard warriors. Compounding that prevalent behavior alongside the generally strong desire to prove anime's values to non-fans and the ostensible constant fear of being judged that seems to be omnipresent in this fandom, I think it's set itself up to be quite toxic internally and has a very hammer-nails-down culture to it compared to even other toxic fandoms I've been in. It's just too fragmented to properly maintain a hammer-down-nails culture to it, so it ends up being a toxic shitfest of a bunch of different people trying to hammer each other down.

Also, I feel like this is mirrored in the extremely self-depricating meme culture this fandom has. Not abiding by the "LEL LOOK AT WHAT A FUCKING NEET LOSER I AM ANIME IS A MISTAKE HAYAO MIYAZAKI" cancer feels like it draws weird looks more than anything, even if you're not specifically making an issue of those types of memes like I am here and are just not going to make fun of yourself for liking something and will carry yourself like so. The lack of willingness to not act self-loathing towards themselves and the medium or have some semblance of pride in liking something disgusts me.

It feels like a fucked up, far less cool version of SLC Punk.

Probably would've killed my own activity on this site a while back if I didn't run a large MAL Club/Discord Server extending from said MAL Club that, as opposed to AD, I do actually like the community for and want to be around.
ManabanJun 17, 2019 9:35 AM

Jun 17, 2019 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
the larger the community, the more likely you are to find people with strong opinions you disagree with, as well as those who arent able to communicate with others in a mature manner.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jun 17, 2019 9:10 AM

Jul 2017
It depends on where you look. Some communities have much more toxic people like the DitF fandom, but generally it's quite friendly.
Jun 17, 2019 9:10 AM

Sep 2017
HopefulNihilist said:
CHC said:

Interesting. Why do you feel as though the way the anime community criticizes is boring? I watched the video you linked, and the way it analyzes Satoshi Kon's work is exactly the same way I've seen other anitubers analyze anime.

Who are those anitubers?

I mean, I have seen some videos from people who do formal analysis like Replay Value and Under The Scope, whose effort I do appreciate, but to be honest what they do as not nearly as good as Tony Zhou, in terms of editing, writing, and the actual idea itself. Almost none of their video has made any point that could stay in my mind more than a few minutes. Whereas Zhou's video on Kon to some extent reshaped my understanding of Kon's entire filmography, because he pointed directly to the heart of Kon's style. And Tony Zhou himself isn't even amongst the best film analysts out there (even though he is probably the best on youtube). Film scholars like David Bordwell are often a lot more insightful and rigorous than Zhou. So if we are comparing the standard between anime criticism and film criticism, it's hard to say they are on the same par.

As for literary criticism, it's even on a completely different level. Eg. Hegel and Nietzsche on Greek tragedies, Lukács on Goethe and Dostoevsky, Frye on Blake, etc. Those are highly original studies that can have big impact on the humanities. I'm not saying anitubers should be groundbreaking thinkers, but I just don't see traces that may suggest they're trying to learn from the best critics rather than just other youtubers. I don't blame them for that either. The required amount of study will take up too much time for them to make a living on youtube. I'm just saying that personally I find most anime criticism uninspiring and forgettable.
Jun 17, 2019 9:20 AM

Jun 2019
Anime community is the most welcoming place that I was a part off.

People who constantly complain about anime community being toxic should look at gaming community instead now that a toxic community.
Don't believe me look no further then any dark souls/Sekiro subreddit or forum.
Jun 17, 2019 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
CHC said:

Who are those anitubers?

Digibro
Pause and Select

They analyze animes' themes.

I don't understand what you consider to be groundbreaking analysis: what needs to be broken down to wow you?
Don't the critics you listed also simply analyze the themes and structures of fictional works?
Jun 17, 2019 9:43 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
gh0strec0n141 said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

i think i know how you feel, they hate on anime just because it's targeted for a niche audience with a very peculiar taste, peculiar but not illegal mind you, like c'mon it's rated for teens and adults for a reason, it's not suppose to be watched by kids...

Well especially in this day and age if something doesnt fit the western status quo then people are guaranteed to claim it's a problem... not that it hasn't always been that way

But that's exactly what makes anime so appealing in the first place
Jun 17, 2019 9:44 AM

Oct 2015
HopefulNihilist said:
CHC said:

Who are those anitubers?

Pause and Select

i really like pause and select, one of the few anime reviewers i'm subscribed to, it's great that he makes videos on a wide range of anime related topis, even the moe, harem and isekai stuff, not just the highbrow anime like most youtubers of his type, shame he only has very few subscribers.
Jun 17, 2019 9:45 AM
Feb 2017
I like the anime community. Aside from arguments over dumb things, I find them very nonchalant and fun.
Jun 17, 2019 10:02 AM
Nov 2017
Anime community too has their own community. For example, HXH community, SG; community, and the others. I find a lot of them are good to me, but some of them is just being elitist, I should say?

So, sometimes they are funny, but sometimes they can be force yourself to love anime they love, even though there are just a few of them.
Jun 17, 2019 10:03 AM

Jan 2013
You mean the Western side of the so called anime community?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 17, 2019 10:05 AM

Sep 2014
I would at least like to say it's as good as most other communities, but I'm not sure if this is the case.
Certainly it depends on how you interact with the community, a lot of us here probably mostly through internet, this forum in particular maybe, and if so, it's pretty shit.
And sadly, this is the case for most of internet communities, but at times I feel anime one is particularly bad. Then again, anime is my main hobby and I've probably spent more time here than all other boards together, so my perception might be skewed, but damn, it's pretty bad.

People can be so damn immature about the whole thing, and it goes both ways. There are people getting offended and throwing fits if you dare to dislike a show they like or that you don't believe it being the best thing ever is a fact.
And the opposite side of the spectrum with people that instead of just criticizng thing they dislike will go and actively belittle people for liking it, make accusations about them and stuff like that.

Like a simple action show? You're a kid, an idiot, "easily entertained". An ecchi show? "sexually frustrated" "loser". A more complicated/"deep" show? Elitist, pretentious, hater or whatever. Honestly how can you be so insecure? A week or two ago there even was a retard throwing a week accusing people of beind pedophiles around here.
Honestly, the whole thing is just so stupid, childish, and at times even disgusting with how seriously people go with it.

And that is not to say it this thing never happens anywhere else, but it's certainly not to this extent. As I said, I'm not much around these communities, but I have yet to see people trying to do connect person's taste in computer games to their intelligence, you can safely admit to playing a simple mindless game and not be made fun of. Maybe they can understand that people just like easy to consume, mindless stuff as well and you're no better for wasting your time on fucking starcraft instead. You won't be accused of being a murderer for playing GTA either...

IDK. There are some great people you can have lovely discussions with, but often items it's just a shithole. Internet is a toxic place.

ganomed said:
Smarter in general but more cringy, especially those 20+ dudes who like moeshit and have cute girls in their avatar/profiles, they're disgusting.

yeah what I talked about
even in this thread people can't stop themselves from being toxic and sad
Jun 17, 2019 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
Cabron said:
You mean the Western side of the so called anime community?

Huh. I didn't think of that. Well, I meant the anime community in general: regardless of their nationality.
Jun 17, 2019 10:11 AM

Jun 2012
Aside from the people who curb their beliefs based on the rest of the community's beliefs, it's alright. The one thing that's always bothered me is when I see people taking the piss out of their ratings by rating something low because of the amount of "hype" a show gets or how well it's rated on the site. It's fine for you to think something is just okay when other people think t's great. You don't need to set out on your own crusade to let everyone know how shit you think it is when you're really just an insecure fuck who has convinced them self it's shit because other people like it more than you do.

It gets under my skin when I see someone say a show is over hyped. Like how the fuck do you measure the appropriate amount of hype? What the fuck do you want from other people or the show? Are you really such an insufferable retard that you need to say shit like that to feel better about yourself? You get shows all the time that stray from the norm and have merit to them which attracts a lot of viewers, but you, the cynical asshole, need to make it your prerogative to piss all over it and throw around your self-important, self-serving and, primarily, egocentric half-cocked criticisms just because you're so miserable that you can't just sit back and allow people to enjoy something that you don't. It's like going on a picnic where everyone is having fun but because you're not having as much fun as them, you decide to stomp on the food everyone brought just so you can be the center of attention. It's pathetic.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

16 by Archean-Return »»
1 minute ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 35 minutes ago

4 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

192 by FZREMAKE »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by Akuya »»
4 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

43 by EastIndiaCompany »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.