Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 11, 2019 12:53 AM
Jul 2018
I can get past the worse animations, but the sound design just kills it for me, I get berserk flashbacks from this crap
Jun 11, 2019 1:40 AM

Jan 2018
The animation is absolute shit compared to season 1, which was the only redeeming quality it had in the first place.
Jun 11, 2019 1:45 AM

Feb 2018
No the quality of the adaptation is horrendous compared to s1, and even most action anime nowadays. The anime doesn’t add anything to the source material, and it often actively hamstrings it.
Jun 11, 2019 5:13 AM
Jun 2017
HisokaxMeruem said:
I can get past the worse animations, but the sound design just kills it for me, I get berserk flashbacks from this crap

i was literally about to say that until I saw you comment lol
Jun 11, 2019 7:15 AM
Nov 2017
BlackCracka said:
I feel like this season was destined to be hated the second people found out it wasn’t being animated by madhouse anymore. It’s true that the animation quality has definitely gone down big time compared to the first season but that still doesn't mean the animation is terrible. The animation is actually quite good compared to a lot of anime but it just no where meets the standards set by the first season.

Once you get past the animation though, this season is almost as good as the first one. The choice of exploring more about the philosophy of what it means to be a hero and how every hero plays a different part just adds so much to the overall story. I haven’t read the manga but even if it supposedly “was better in the manga” it still works well in the anime. The art may be a buzzkill but it doesn’t justify a hate bandwagon. The fact this season even happened in the first place is a miracle.

At the end of the day this season is not perfect and obviously has its issues like any show, but it just seems that a good amount of people are just blindly hating it. If you genuinely don’t like this season for reasons besides the animation, I would like to hear it. I just want to hear someone give a good reason to not like this season.

Ur not wrong at all. Opm is a great series. I do kind of mind the art but the season doesnt change the story and characterization, which im happy about. Jc staff did their best. Except for index III
Jun 11, 2019 7:17 AM
Nov 2017
sdrexler said:
todd2580 said:

J.C Stuff can do something as season 1 (you see taboo tattoo's animation if you don't believe me) but as a cause of other factors that didn't happened
the problem also that J.C Staff have alot of shows (some of their other shows are action like Index S3 , accelerator , danmachi movie and S2 and previously date alive S3) to work on and OPM S2 seems have less animators , time and talent so they're in a kinda bad state especially they might didn't found enough animators in the beginning of the season because some of them are busy or don't want to work on less time you can blame on here since they packed up alot of works but you can't really blame them since the whole industry is overworked too

I would agree that the industry as a whole is in trouble. This is part of why I dislike people comparing OPM S2 to the average show; the average show isn't that good and it's not a bar that anyone should be using to defend a work. The proliferation of mediocre works is a major overarching problem that the industry has brought upon itself and that contributes to hurting shows that could be great, and I believe that we should refuse to support shows that do not meet a minimum standard of quality. A standard that is not artificially lowered by comparing to shows made decades ago when modern animation techniques did not exist.

Despite that, there are much better shows out there that manage to avoid the failings of the average show (which are remarkably similar to the failings of shows from decades ago, albeit somewhat better hidden due to SFX). Shows that start with similarly limited resources and come out with really good animation, like OPM S1 or Mob Psycho. If JC Staff painted themselves into a corner by scheduling too many shows and not being able to get good enough staff, then that's their problem.

I mean you’re not wrong as well. Jc staff took in way too many projects. So jc staff doesnt know wat they r doing anymore. :/
Jun 11, 2019 9:09 AM

Apr 2014
I think that it's justifiable, since the animation is definitely not as good as season 1, and the animation is a big reason why season 1 became such a huge hit. I'm still enjoying it though.
Jun 11, 2019 10:20 AM

Oct 2010
I defended the sub-par animation as being acceptable ( see early episode threads), but my main issue is really just how SLOW and boring this season as been. Not even comparing it to s1, but just as it's own thing it's been very boring. That's my "hate" for it. Simple as that
Jun 11, 2019 12:28 PM

Sep 2012
Regardless of the animation, the story just isn't good this season.
Jun 11, 2019 2:15 PM

Jul 2013
If by "for no reason", you mean "every single scene is ruined by the terrible timing, the boring as fuck composition, and the garbage sound design", then yeah I agree with you.

If the only thing wrong with this season was the animation, I wouldn't hate it in the first place.
Jun 11, 2019 5:29 PM

Apr 2014
SetsukoHara said:
Regardless of the animation, the story just isn't good this season.

That's another thing - this part of the series was AMAZING in the manga. Here, it's a bit underwhelming. The tone and pacing of some of these scenes are all off. Today's episode was a good example (spoilers for episode 9). In the manga, Saitama throwing Gouketsu's head to Suiryu was such a "holy shit" moment. In the anime, it was just like "oh, that's it?"
Jun 11, 2019 6:56 PM
Jun 2019
I loved s1 of one punch man. S2 is garbage. They don't animate anything any more. Its literally just still shots and then it cuts to everyone defeated. Lazy as hell. Every fight scene is a static image of Saitama dodging a bunch of flashing blurry punches and then it will just cut to the bad dude exploded (static again). Good job guys. You barely incorporated more movement than the comic. S1 had legit fight scenes with actual villains. S2 shows sounds effects and a head landing on the ground. After all that build up with the monster villain and Saitama walks away, you hear 4-5 loud booms and then his head lands in the ground. WTF?! SHOW A FIGHT SCENE! I’ve watched every episode so far, PLEASE someone tell me in which episode they show Saitama throw ONE PUNCH. I mean come one the show is called One Punch Man and not a single punch has been thrown by the main character and we’re 9 episodes in. GARBAGE TRASH MEDIOCRE SEASON :) but seriously. Someone please tell me when Saitama throws a punch in season 2. Please enlighten me.
Jun 11, 2019 7:10 PM

Mar 2013
hmmm...I don't any idea why they hate season 2 because as for myself i'm having fun watching it.
Jun 11, 2019 7:14 PM

Mar 2018
Animation fags are dumb af. Don't mind them.
Jun 11, 2019 7:21 PM
Nov 2016
AniMEHLover said:
Animation fags are dumb af. Don't mind them.

The animation isn't the only problem though, this has other big issues like mediocre directing, pacing, sound effects and music. It feels like they are just throwing the music into this, most of the times the music doesn't fit the atmosphere at all and this is due to the mediocre directing from the director.

And the blurry shaky camera in the fight scenes is present in all the episodes, for me this is actually the game breaking issue that is making me hate OPM S02 even more with each passing episode and people shouldn't accept this type of crap on short 12 episodes animes like this.
Jun 11, 2019 7:28 PM
Apr 2019
I know right.
OPM ss2 is a good anime, the art is not as good as ss1 but It is still good compare to much different fighting anime
Jun 11, 2019 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
For all of you defenders, try to praise this show about something.

There's nothing to praise about it. A show that cant even receive a miniscule amount of praise is going to receive hate.

Fans also waited years for this, and this is what they get.

Not to mention when a show like AoT S3 Part 2 is airing which has toppled all rankings on MAL. This show is bound to receive hate.
Jun 11, 2019 10:15 PM
Mar 2015
No Saitama and when he is there it is really really really boring
Jun 11, 2019 11:14 PM
Jun 2019
this is what will happen when our favorite series is handled by JC STAFF, everything will be very bad, bad image animations, bad story directing, bad art, bad music tones, bad sounds, bad CGI, what else is bad about this event, really annoying
Jun 12, 2019 12:09 AM

Mar 2011
Blame the anime production committe for chosing JC Staff, not the studio itself.
Jun 12, 2019 5:28 AM
Jun 2019
Icebreaker93 said:
Blame the anime production committe for chosing JC Staff, not the studio itself.
You think this is only the fault of the production committee, of course not, this is the JC studio's fault also because they accepted the offer of the production committee by stating they were willing to accept the OPM S2 project, with their narrow schedules,

JC has 10 projects this year and they still decide to accept OPM S2 from the production committee, do you know why JC took many popular projects at the same time? it's all because of money, because they are greedy, JC knows OPM is very popular and they won't care about quality, because they think that even though the series is made bad, animation is the same level of garbage, they won't care, they believe fans will watch their favorite series,

Whoever knows already, how many of the best series destroyed by JC, I'm sure they will continue to extort money from the series, until everything is left and then throw it in the trash.
Jun 12, 2019 9:14 AM
Nov 2016
Icebreaker93 said:

J.C Staff was already overworked with plenty of animes in a year so I blame them for choosing to do another anime despite their shitty schedule and this is the result, a mediocre product. They could have said no if they wanted to but they agreed.

J.C Staff is the type of studio that specializes in quantity over quality.
Jun 12, 2019 9:19 AM
Jan 2017
its got the same heart and love and message as the first season in terms of the story witch makes it worth watching but it lost the love and care that was put in to the first seasons animation witch is why i think people hate it
Jun 12, 2019 2:58 PM

Jan 2017
todd2580 said:
Ankit_Gupta_ said:
I think the hate is because of trashy direction.

In episode 8, just count the number of monster cells whenever they appear on the screen and you will explore a whole new field of mathematics. I know mathematics does not matter in anime but still, people like me point out every mistake that makes the episode bad.

the director is still a beginner and he's working on a tight state so that's expected so don't blame him plz it's a result of factors that lead to this...

They shouldn't have had an inexperienced, garbage director take on one of the most anticipated sequels to an anime in history. Just because it's expected not to be all that good doesn't mean people can't complain about it. It's still bad, it doesn't matter whether or not the director is a beginner.
you're cool
Jun 12, 2019 3:48 PM
Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
Icebreaker93 said:

J.C Staff was already overworked with plenty of animes in a year so I blame them for choosing to do another anime despite their shitty schedule and this is the result, a mediocre product. They could have said no if they wanted to but they agreed.

J.C Staff is the type of studio that specializes in quantity over quality.

nope they might thought they can do something close to S1 like taboo tattoo but things gone under their wishes it seems i blame kadokawa for letting them take a lot of shows actually (most of their upcoming works are from them and they doesn't care about quality) you blame jc for accepting their offers but they have a good relationship with them and most of they're in the production committee so they can't say nope it's commercial relationship you won't understand because it's relate to business more than you think also i think the crew's luck was bad itself i think the director can better than this but now he's rushing things that doesn't have that much animation to the things they can animate so i don't blame here that much because what else can do in LESS time... and the budget is the same as S1 but seems not suits JC so they can't do something but not much (Studio Lan outscoring) and so they can't hire much good animators as a result of lacking of time so they used their food wars animators to save the budget when it's needed
Jun 12, 2019 4:00 PM
Jul 2016
equinox_comics said:
its got the same heart and love and message as the first season in terms of the story witch makes it worth watching but it lost the love and care that was put in to the first seasons animation witch is why i think people hate it

yeah but the crew of this season also cares or else it would be like TG Re consider episode 9 is like build up and slowing down the events after it was fast so in the next episodes will be more important so they can their best in those episodes and maybe they hire more animators to help them on it like episode 8
Jun 12, 2019 4:58 PM
May 2014
I agree. If these people don't like it so much then they should just not watch it.
Jun 12, 2019 5:02 PM
May 2019
i was one of those who tought new season will be bad but it rly isnt... i didnt know whatstudio was madhouse cuz im not insanely into anime and i dont follow those things but i dont like changes and i tought his will be bad however this season seems amazing so far and i admit i was wrong
ps if you dont like it just dont watch it
Jun 12, 2019 9:15 PM

Apr 2016
y2k890 said:
I agree. If these people don't like it so much then they should just not watch it.
Oh god, this fucking argument. This bullshit "stop showing your distaste for something I like and just stop watching it cuz O B V I O U S L Y you're only doing it to say mean things and I can't see any other reason behind your decision to keep watching something you dislike, and I don't wanna hear/see any negative feedback of this thing I like" phrase meant to shut down critique and any negative feedback. I don't need to explain why this is so detrimental, and why it really doesn't help in these kinds of critical (and not so critical, let alone civilized) discussions, do I?

Oh wait, I kinda did...welp.
Jun 13, 2019 1:29 AM

Jul 2017
dude this isn't an original anime, if you're gonna talk about the story there's the manga. the only thing the animation studios do is animate, that's why that's the most important thing. And fyi, the pacing is terrible compared to the first season
Jun 13, 2019 3:44 AM

Dec 2013
The way I heard people talking about it I thought OPM season 2 would be pure trash. It really isn't that bad to me.
Jun 13, 2019 9:23 AM
Jul 2016
HisokaxMeruem said:

it's not bad if you get it don't get it so you'll find it bad
Jun 13, 2019 9:27 AM
Jul 2016
FinNote said:
dude this isn't an original anime, if you're gonna talk about the story there's the manga. the only thing the animation studios do is animate, that's why that's the most important thing. And fyi, the pacing is terrible compared to the first season

lmao the pace is decent it's not like S1 but it's not that bad you wanted it to be like S1 blame yourself here
Jun 13, 2019 9:29 AM
Jul 2016
SparkingVolt said:
todd2580 said:

the director is still a beginner and he's working on a tight state so that's expected so don't blame him plz it's a result of factors that lead to this...

They shouldn't have had an inexperienced, garbage director take on one of the most anticipated sequels to an anime in history. Just because it's expected not to be all that good doesn't mean people can't complain about it. It's still bad, it doesn't matter whether or not the director is a beginner.

they didn't find anyone except of him and he did worked on naruto before what is just don't helps is the production is tight so he can't do much but at least he's doing fine for now and might have a plan for the last 3 episodes episode 9 was like to slow down things after it was fast so that's a good thing he done here
todd2580Jun 13, 2019 9:44 AM
Jun 13, 2019 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
todd2580 said:
SparkingVolt said:

they didn't find anyone except of him and he did worked on naruto before what is just don't helps is the production is tight so he can't do much but at least he's doing fine for now and might have a plan for the last 3 episodes episode 9 was like to slow down things after it was fast so that's a good thing he done here

there is no way that they couldnt find someone for one punch man, its like a free pass for sucess if done right

todd2580 said:
HisokaxMeruem said:

I didnt mind it in berserk, it just doesnt fit into OPM, all of the sounds dont fit to the whole anime. I know you probably enjoy it a ton considering how u defend it here, but even you have to see its not even barely as good as it used to be
Jun 13, 2019 10:22 AM
Jul 2016
todd2580 said:
HisokaxMeruem said:

I didnt mind it in berserk, it just doesnt fit into OPM, all of the sounds dont fit to the whole anime. I know you probably enjoy it a ton considering how u defend it here, but even you have to see its not even barely as good as it used to be[/quote]

well it can works but the lack of animation makes it like there's something missing but it can work in some cases J.C Stuff used the same guy on taboo tattoo and it was actually good with its dynamic animation which feel like they aren't lucky with OPM S2 this time but at least it's doing it's work when there's animation scene like the sonic fight with ninjas one in episode 9
Jun 13, 2019 1:05 PM
Apr 2016
Well, they're doing a horrible job with both animation and the sound. I still enjoy the story though, still, in my opinion the extremely poor execution ruins everything.
Jun 13, 2019 1:29 PM
Jul 2016
xShinigami3125 said:
No the quality of the adaptation is horrendous compared to s1, and even most action anime nowadays. The anime doesn’t add anything to the source material, and it often actively hamstrings it.

nope they added some animation scenes even if it's not much
Jun 13, 2019 1:48 PM
Jul 2016
i think people expected much and that's made them disappointed the animators and crew is trying their best even if some scenes can be bland but not that bad J.C Stuff can do better than this for sure but the production of this season is tight and people doubt their Abilities and expecting something better which it's not helping their case especially who compare it to season 1 (they're the worst kind because they doesn't know that the crew isn't the one who did S1 since most of them work on different projects now) so i think that's unfair comparison about this season and the previous season right there because things aren't going with them especially i can say that the director can do a better job but being this his first time directing an action/comedy in TIGHT schedule with food wars animators doesn't help too so things aren't go well for them so that's why i try to be Tolerant with them even though that doesn't what i wanted ofc since i wanted to like taboo tattoo's animation that they took their time on it not a rushed work and what is holding it right now is the story and some good shots but they might can save this season in the important points at least all i can say this season is still surprising in how they could managed some things and disappointing in some points but it might be not a perfect adaptation but still a good adaptation at least i won't be surprising if yusuke isn't enjoying this season but at least he'll appreciate the animators for trying to do something it's the production committee's fault after all and i think he blame them more than the studio
todd2580Jun 13, 2019 2:37 PM
Jun 13, 2019 2:09 PM
Nov 2016
Goddamn RIP English.

I'm not going to mention names here and I don't want to be that guy but for fucks sake people, put some effort in what you're writing so we can have an easier time understanding it. English is not my main language but as you all can see I try to put some effort into it.

I'm not saying that my English is perfect, I'm full aware that I can have some typos here and there but at least I try to put some effort into it.
Jun 13, 2019 2:11 PM

Feb 2017
madhouse overworks their employees to the point of collapsing from exhaustion and attempting suicide, do not support them
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Jun 13, 2019 2:37 PM
Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
Goddamn RIP English.

I'm not going to mention names here and I don't want to be that guy but for fucks sake people, put some effort in what you're writing so we can have an easier time understanding it. English is not my main language but as you all can see I try to put some effort into it.

I'm not saying that my English is perfect, I'm full aware that I can have some typos here and there but at least I try to put some effort into it.

sorry i was typing so fast so i didn't check what i wrote but now i checked it
Jun 13, 2019 2:43 PM

Jun 2019
If anime is not animated by MADHOUSE it my as well not exist
Jun 13, 2019 11:00 PM

Feb 2018
todd2580 said:
xShinigami3125 said:

WHen I said add i meant anything enhancing the comedy, the characters or the story, which with its terrible fights, it doesn’t do.
Jun 14, 2019 1:31 AM

Jul 2016
young_kappa said:
madhouse overworks their employees to the point of collapsing from exhaustion and attempting suicide, do not support them

So was J.C Staff, but for some reason people keep praising J.C even though it's as bad as Madhouse.
MahiaErebeaNegiJun 14, 2019 1:35 AM
Jun 14, 2019 4:36 AM
Jul 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
young_kappa said:

So was J.C Staff, but for some reason people keep praising J.C even though it's as bad as Madhouse.

i think that's because the production committee make JC rush the work rather than take their time on it so it's Commercial purpose in some cases ofc
Jun 14, 2019 4:38 AM
Jul 2016
xShinigami3125 said:
todd2580 said:

WHen I said add i meant anything enhancing the comedy, the characters or the story, which with its terrible fights, it doesn’t do.

you're just harsh about the animation so you can't see anything good about it as a result
Jun 14, 2019 4:41 AM

Jul 2016
todd2580 said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

i think that's because the production committee make JC rush the work rather than take their time on it so it's Commercial purpose in some cases ofc

I'm pretty sure J.C being rushing their projects is ONLY part of the problem. The fact now J.C is working on over 10 anime series also don't help either.
Jun 14, 2019 4:49 AM
Jul 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
todd2580 said:

I'm pretty sure J.C being rushing their projects is ONLY part of the problem. The fact now J.C is working on over 10 anime series also don't help either.

maybe although three of their shows upcoming this summer like Accelerator , Danmachi and that mom isekai (which it might got took some time since aniplex is on it so they might got enough money to produce it too) looks like they took some time on them but maybe they showed us the good parts about them
Jun 14, 2019 5:08 AM

Aug 2015
"No reason"

-Trash animation
-Horrible sound design
-Terrible pacing
-Really bad voice acting
-Bad art style
-Uninteresting story
-Dull characters with their "good moments" completely butchered.
-No real sense of movement, progress or even fluidity on the fights.

Like, are you kidding me. Guys I don't care if you are conformists with what you get, but trying to turn down the shitshow this season has been does not make it any enjoyable.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.