Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2019 8:16 AM

Apr 2011
I've read this many times on the manga, but my eyes are still glued to the screen throughout the episode.

No doubt a perfect 10/10 for me!

Jun 6, 2019 2:18 PM

Jan 2014
Armin :)

5/5

Erwin :(
Jun 6, 2019 8:48 PM
Jun 2016
Weebover9000 said:
DupeusT31 said:
You better check the manga again. He clearly tears in his eyes when Hange was about to kill him and when he noticed Bertolt hadn't been rescued.

I just checked my volume 21..and yeah, it did happen, but its just a minor detail and he didn't mention anything at all about him being upset that bert wasnt being rescued. That's just your theory, not a manga fact for his tears.
Oh, totally, and when Eren was crying in ep. 1 it had nothing to do with his mother being eaten.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2019 9:10 PM
May 2019
Wow the 1/10 votes jumped by another 80 votes. To give you a clue on how much effect 80 1/10 votes can have. If AoT had the usual 0.3% 1/10 votes like fmab or stein's gate instead of 1%, it would be at 9.22 instead of 9.16.
Jun 6, 2019 9:15 PM

Oct 2013
Zoroft said:
Wow the 1/10 votes jumped by another 80 votes. To give you a clue on how much effect 80 1/10 votes can have. If AoT had the usual 0.3% 1/10 votes like fmab or stein's gate instead of 1%, it would be at 9.22 instead of 9.16.

I have been looking at the stats too and it currently has the highest 10/10 votes in terms of percentage with 52% and I was saying to myself it should be higher than 9.16.

imo 1/10 is 99% use for hating/downvote. Mal should secretly exclude 1/10 votes, like shadow banning 1/10 from the ratings without the knowledge of all the users that way they waste their times down voting when in reality it has no real effect on the series.
Jun 6, 2019 10:37 PM
Sep 2018
Damn it was a very good episode and i cant wait for the anime to adapt marley arc and then the final arc... it is in the final arc that eren becomes a true badass
Jun 6, 2019 10:46 PM

Dec 2014
oooh yup one of the manga readers but the animation was good too.... too bad armin will not have any screen time for a long time
Jun 7, 2019 3:15 AM
May 2019
Mikasa was about to HANDLE HER BUSINESS when it came to Armin's life! I couldn't stop laughing at how savage she is. Loved this episode, was actually shocked when it ended so "quickly".
Jun 7, 2019 4:25 AM

Dec 2017
The most emotional episode of the entire series, IMO.
Jun 7, 2019 4:41 AM
May 2019
@DupeusT31

Two different situations that are worlds apart with two different characters, dont try to pull that.

Eren; A normal boy who suddenly witnesses his mom being eaten is easy to tell why hes upset

Reiner: A person against humanity who has a split personality when it comes to his warrior and soldier sides and already has a fucked up mind, which makes it harder to tell what his tears are for.
So yeah, nice try with the whole straw-man argument to make yourself right.
Weebover9000Jun 7, 2019 5:01 AM
Jun 7, 2019 4:47 AM

May 2015
Peco said:
LMAO people gobble mediocre and then they'll go watch GoT and complain about its writing. LMAO no you don't have actual standards, get off your horse and go gobble GoT up too

the mental gymnastic all you people will pull, holy....

How the fuck are you gonna tell people to get off their high horse when you unironically believe in shit taste?

Jun 7, 2019 4:52 AM
Jan 2018
keragamming said:
Zoroft said:

I have been looking at the stats too and it currently has the highest 10/10 votes in terms of percentage with 52% and I was saying to myself it should be higher than 9.16.

imo 1/10 is 99% use for hating/downvote. Mal should secretly exclude 1/10 votes, like shadow banning 1/10 from the ratings without the knowledge of all the users that way they waste their times down voting when in reality it has no real effect on the series.

most of those 1/10 are MHA / FMA / One piece fanboys
Jun 7, 2019 4:53 AM
May 2019
Mattinator95 said:
keragamming said:

Why would it be MHA, theyre not even in the top 20 so why should they care XD
Jun 7, 2019 5:02 AM
Jan 2018
Weebover9000 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Why would it be MHA, theyre not even in the top 20 so why should they care XD

you would be surprised theres always a few who troll on chapter threads on reddit and wouldn't be surprised if theres a few on here
Jun 7, 2019 6:34 AM
May 2019
Tone_ said:
Wow first drop, back to 9.15. Also 1.0% of 1/10 votes. I kinda pity these people since they probably haven't even experienced the glory of this part and base their hatred on the show's earlier seasons.

Yep, scores dont really matter to me much but this season seems to be biting back at the 1/10s rather well compared to others for Shingeki
Jun 7, 2019 7:34 AM

Nov 2010
~ A friend told me armin died on the manga? ... ~

~ If he died there then did Erwin became the titan? ... ~
Jun 7, 2019 7:50 AM
May 2019
Transcendence said:

Your friend is wrong, that never happened
Jun 7, 2019 8:24 AM
Jan 2019
Weebover9000 said:
Transcendence said:

Your friend is wrong, that never happened

Anime is 100% following the manga
Actually its been a very long time since i saw an anime following its manga the way snk is doing.. like they follow almost every miner detail with going to the level of even just doing the exact same frames.. lol
Jun 7, 2019 9:48 AM

Apr 2019
why did you answer the guy that already knows that? @Akahiro
you should have quoted Transcendence

Transcendence said:

thats bullshit ur friend is lying to you
also why are u writing with weird "~" symbols?
Nim0174Jun 7, 2019 10:17 PM
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 7, 2019 12:50 PM

Jun 2008
AAAAAAARRRRRRMIIIIIINNNNN!!!!! 😭😭😭😭

My god what an episode!!!

Episode 5 and 6 have been absolutely incredible!!!

Ok, this is by far the BEST season of AOT!

Goddammit, I’m so happy Armin doesn’t die.

RIP Erwin, one of the BEST characters, and genuinely a great leader.

Fuck...too many emotions rn!!!
Jun 7, 2019 12:51 PM

Jun 2008
Oh and ROT IN HELL Bertholdt!
Jun 7, 2019 12:54 PM

Apr 2019
--ALEX-- said:
Oh and ROT IN HELL Bertholdt!

damn dude some sympathy for the guy please you savage
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 7, 2019 8:18 PM

Feb 2017
Man there being no music just adds to the suspense of everything. This episode was great! Rest in peace Erwin.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jun 7, 2019 9:23 PM

May 2014
Esquirtit said:
Zoroft said:
@Esquirtit

I mean some people are more ok with offing people in their way than others, like Armin was able to shoot the girl who had her gun pointed at Jean instantly while Jean couldn't so that suggests a difference between Jean and Armin there. Jean cares more about the sake of others than anyone else in the series. I would suggest you read the manga for Season 3 part 1 instead of watching it, it's much better and you can see where the characters are coming from a lot better. Like Eren's guiilt about all the people who got killed to rescue him is established a lot more clearly, he didn't need Jean to come up to him to say something about it. The manga showed him looking at all the injured scouts being transported up the wall and you could see it in his eye, later he asks how many people are left. At that point he was having 2nd thoughts about his role, if he was worth the cost of all those lives. There's also Historia who couldn't believe she was left by her bff like that, and you could see where her talk of being tired of playing the good girl role came from. Eren and Historia also had some moments where they related to each other as Eren saw Historia was just as unsuure about what to do as he was.

While we knew Mikasa cared for Armin, I think here we got to see the extent that she does.

I'll read the manga from the beginning when the anime has adapted everything. I don't like switching now. My complaints are very tame even if I worded it too harshly, I just think some characters could've easily been a lot better. I'm sure they'll improve. As for Jean, I think I'm never going to like him with his shitty decision making, even if I know it's part of his character and not a flaw in the writing.

I don't think its Jean's fault that Reiner got away and lived.
I think on the contrary he was being very reasonable with his idea to not kill Reiner so soon.

Hange was acting too rash based on the event she lived through seeing countless comrades die suddenly in an instant. The idea to not kill him was not based on a petty reason like: "Maybe we can get answers from Reiner if we keep interrogating him for a while." or something like: "Maybe we should keep Reiner hostage and bring him back within the walls so we can experiment on him." Really, just a couple of episodes ago, he was one of the most relieved characters thinking Reiner was finally dead. Jean didn't have a problem with Reiner dying. He just wanted for Reiner's death to not be in vain considering Erwin's plan with the Titan-shifting injection. They all knew the process of becoming a titan shifter and so, by killing Reiner when he's a hostage, they would be wasting a crucial opportunity.

Bertholdt was another candidate to make someone be a titan shifter, but no one except Eren and Armin knew about Berthodt's condition and whether he was dead or still alive. That's why Hange settled down and took full responsibility for Reiner's life. She planned on ending his life one way or another soon after Mikasa notified her of the situation regarding the other Scouts, Levi, Eren, Armin, and Bertholdt.

Hange or anyone from their side of the walls had no idea about any other possible Titan being around other than Reiner/Bertholdt.
That type of titan that came by to save Reiner was completely unexpected for them. By thinking that Jean's character is purely about bad decisions, then is saving Hange not a big step against that notion? He saved her life when he could have hesitated and only think for himself.

I find it unfair to place blame onto Jean like as if he's behaving or thinking for the worst as a character.
Jun 7, 2019 10:53 PM

Oct 2018
keragamming said:
Zoroft said:

I'm a web developer, so I can tell you that it would be really easy to prevent these lifeless idiots(haters) from down voting every anime they hate.

It would take a few hours AT MOST to write some algorithms that ignore 1/10 votes if the user just joined the site, or if the user has a mean score above 7, and rated a popular anime like this 1/10(then it's obviously just a hate vote), then ignore that vote, etc...

I don't know why MAL staff does nothing about it.
Jun 8, 2019 6:19 AM

Jun 2012
So worth the full episode to wrap up the immediate aftermath, I'm so invested in this anime.

Jun 8, 2019 9:06 AM

Mar 2018
Chickened said:
Esquirtit said:

I'll read the manga from the beginning when the anime has adapted everything. I don't like switching now. My complaints are very tame even if I worded it too harshly, I just think some characters could've easily been a lot better. I'm sure they'll improve. As for Jean, I think I'm never going to like him with his shitty decision making, even if I know it's part of his character and not a flaw in the writing.

I think on the contrary he was being very reasonable with his idea to not kill Reiner so soon.

Hange was acting too rash based on the event she lived through seeing countless comrades die suddenly in an instant. The idea to not kill him was not based on a petty reason like: "Maybe we can get answers from Reiner if we keep interrogating him for a while." or something like: "Maybe we should keep Reiner hostage and bring him back within the walls so we can experiment on him." Really, just a couple of episodes ago, he was one of the most relieved characters thinking Reiner was finally dead. Jean didn't have a problem with Reiner dying. He just wanted for Reiner's death to not be in vain considering Erwin's plan with the Titan-shifting injection. They all knew the process of becoming a titan shifter and so, by killing Reiner when he's a hostage, they would be wasting a crucial opportunity.

Bertholdt was another candidate to make someone be a titan shifter, but no one except Eren and Armin knew about Berthodt's condition and whether he was dead or still alive. That's why Hange settled down and took full responsibility for Reiner's life. She planned on ending his life one way or another soon after Mikasa notified her of the situation regarding the other Scouts, Levi, Eren, Armin, and Bertholdt.

Hange or anyone from their side of the walls had no idea about any other possible Titan being around other than Reiner/Bertholdt.
That type of titan that came by to save Reiner was completely unexpected for them. By thinking that Jean's character is purely about bad decisions, then is saving Hange not a big step against that notion? He saved her life when he could have hesitated and only think for himself.

I find it unfair to place blame onto Jean like as if he's behaving or thinking for the worst as a character.

The problem is that one of his inner thoughts was something like "why am I hesitating over things like this'', as if learning secrets of the Titans is something illogical. That made it seem he still cared about Reiner in some way. That aspect of him is just stupid imo, Reiner getting captured again are Connie, Hange and Jean's fault all together.
poop
Jun 8, 2019 9:17 AM
May 2019
Esquirtit said:
Chickened said:

The problem is that one of his inner thoughts was something like "why am I hesitating over things like this'', as if learning secrets of the Titans is something illogical. That made it seem he still cared about Reiner in some way. That aspect of him is just stupid imo, Reiner getting captured again are Connie, Hange and Jean's fault all together.

Well, Connie was gonna at least try to fix Jeans fuck up since he tried to instantly chase the cart titan, but hange was like nah dont you'll run out of gas and die
Jun 8, 2019 9:27 AM

Mar 2018
@Weebover9000 Yeah but we all know he wasn't going to do anything anyway lol. What I mean is that they didn't have the control of the situation at all. Connie was on the lookout and didn't hear or notice him at all until the last few secs? That's just Reiner's plot armor though, and I don't think him being taken away is a much of a problem as some say.
poop
Jun 8, 2019 9:31 AM
May 2019
Esquirtit said:
@Weebover9000 Yeah but we all know he wasn't going to do anything anyway lol. What I mean is that they didn't have the control of the situation at all. Connie was on the lookout and didn't hear or notice him at all until the last few secs? That's just Reiner's plot armor though, and I don't think him being taken away is a much of a problem as some say.

Yeah, its the same thing with people complaining the beast titan didnt get killed by levi, you want a character that barely has any development or background info to get offed?
Jun 8, 2019 10:41 AM
Feb 2019
ibraheem234 said:
oooh yup one of the manga readers but the animation was good too.... too bad armin will not have any screen time for a long time

This is an anime discussion yet some manga readers are still dropping hints..
You just gave us the idea of Armin's absence when it wasn't expected.
I just don't understand the idea of dropping hints even if they are small. They're counted as spoilers for some people.
Jun 8, 2019 2:36 PM
Jul 2017
Chickened said:

...That's why Hange settled down and took full responsibility for Reiner's life. She planned on ending his life one way or another soon after Mikasa notified her of the situation regarding the other Scouts, Levi, Eren, Armin, and Bertholdt.

It was a good idea for Hange to send Mikasa to find whether Levi could bring the syringe. But someone should have kept guard right next to Reiner with orders to kill him without hesitation if anything unexpected happened (or, better yet, use a dead man's switch.) The best outcome is to capture an enemy capability; the second best is to deny the enemy that capability; the worst outcome is that the enemy retains the capability.

Hange was negligent in not assuming they would be attacked. That's an assumption you should always prepare for, when in hostile territory. The enemy will always try to do the unexpected.

Hange had command responsibility, so the blame is on Hange, as she was the first to admit. Nevertheless, it all happened immediately after the main action of a high-casualty engagement during which she suffered head injuries, so it's understandable that her judgment was shaken.

(btw Hange is one of my favorite characters in all anime, but I"m also a military history fan, and historically, commanders could be executed for negligence.)
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Jun 8, 2019 2:40 PM
Jun 2016
Weebover9000 said:
@DupeusT31

Two different situations that are worlds apart with two different characters, dont try to pull that.

Eren; A normal boy who suddenly witnesses his mom being eaten is easy to tell why hes upset

Reiner: A person against humanity who has a split personality when it comes to his warrior and soldier sides and already has a fucked up mind, which makes it harder to tell what his tears are for.
So yeah, nice try with the whole straw-man argument to make yourself right.
You have to be playing dumb. They are very similar situations, Reiner had just lost his best friend who he promised to go back to their homeland with. Gosh this fanbase is as dumb as the haters...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2019 8:07 PM

Mar 2018
Weebover9000 said:
Esquirtit said:

Yeah, its the same thing with people complaining the beast titan didnt get killed by levi, you want a character that barely has any development or background info to get offed?

I don't know man I can't relate to those people. He's the first character we know grew up outside the walls and has never lived inside. They are the ones where you can call them out for not caring about the story at all. Beast Titan first appearance was one of the most iconic moment of AoT to me, classic fangirls and yaoi gays, they want Levi to kill him and don't care about anything else. Their fav moment was when Levi went full bdsm on Eren.
poop
Jun 8, 2019 11:47 PM

Jan 2011
So that was the big moment that the end of the previous season hinted at, and by hint I mean they just straight up showed some conflict was gonna happen. Like I thought, giving us that info early served no benefit for the story and was just some shitty hype move. As if the premise of finally going to see the basement didn't already serve that purpose. Yes, I'm aware it was an anime only inclusion, you don't need to tell me.
Jun 9, 2019 2:42 AM
Jul 2018
oof, the next episode is where my opinion of AoT changed completely. Its what turned this series from being a mainstream action anime to a masterpiece for me.
Jun 9, 2019 5:09 AM

May 2015
Why didnt they use dragon balls to revive Erwin?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 9, 2019 6:08 AM

Apr 2019
FrozenRaider said:
Why didnt they use dragon balls to revive Erwin?

because the world is actually flat
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 9, 2019 7:01 AM

Dec 2013
Hate this episode. I knew what was going to happen so I wasnt ready for it last week, because I knew I would cry my eyes out. Sure it was sad when Armin and Erwin were on the brink of death but still I didnt cry, the main part came when Berthold, my sweet boy, opened his eyes and had to witness his doom.... I cried at the end of previous episode too because I knew this was going to happen, and when it came to it I cried so much that my head still hurts. Im gonna miss my favorite character :( Sure I still have Levi, but I love Berthold more :( I hate this, I hate that others (Reiner and Beast Titan) survived but him.......well, to summarize it -> I just hate it :D :'(
❑ Single (¬‿¬)
❑ Taken (¬‿¬)

✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist φ(°ρ°*)
Jun 9, 2019 8:10 AM

Dec 2017
Is it just me or Armin, when badly burned, looks like the killer in Conan? I meant when the killer is not yet known, they always portrayed as a completely black man.

If they can choose, I think the amored titan may be more versatile in combat, while the giant titan win in raw power.
Jun 9, 2019 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
Oh man. That was a fire episode, calm down Wit. Anyway, I somewhat expected Levi to choose Armin after remembering that he had overheard that conversation between the three. Erwin will always be remembered. Here's to another great episode, I suppose. :)
Jun 9, 2019 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Weebover9000 said:
Esquirtit said:

Wow you said it. If that happened, I'd flip.
Jun 9, 2019 12:08 PM

Jul 2008
Talk about the impossible choice....damn that was good.
Jun 9, 2019 10:48 PM

Oct 2015
Graymanes said:
Eyal_Oged said:

That's a lot, take it easy there, start by questioning it in case there is more than what you can see.

I'll explain. This is a common thing. The general audience tends not to care much about sense as long as it's entertaining, and it does raise a question that if it's fun then why should we think?

And the answer I've got to that is that once you start considering things this way, while we watch, we don't just sit back, we think of all possible options for the upcoming future in the show and plot options run in our head, experiencing it like the characters. It affects the way we feel about things. It makes things affect me much more, as in, ye people get super hype, but I think the feelings I started getting are much deeper, I bail my eyes out for example, like wouldn't happen before, and the depth to which I understand them many times makes them stay with me for a lot longer and follow me in my thoughts and actually serve as support when I try to understand things in my life, they can remind me feelings or conclusions I felt from experiencing the story and help me understand, while before I started being like that I would get hype but forget the things I was hyped about easily - cause most of what I had was just hype.
The hype went in the same pace that it came. No buildup, no depth, no stay.

Stories aren't just entertainment - they convey emotions and thoughts,. If we feel a show doesn't treat that seriously, we want to look for something else to watch

Besides - after watching a lot of anime, I would actually feel kinda bad for someone who just watches bullshit anybody could make up that's all the same ol nonsense no thinking behind this no innovation or anything mind opening - and just sit there and watch it mindlessly the same way he watched the first one. At some point you've seen too much of this and you want more and you can't take it seriously when you realize you're seeing the same shit painted with different colors.
so what is your point is that you liked to guess what will happened in the next plot of this SnK story.well to be honest man i liked guessing plots of a story as well but i tend to be much more open minded than most peoples here that complain about how armin survived.its just story of a fantasy world and yeah ofc a coincidence that didnt make any sense could happened at any times.so sit back and enjoy the show.

Man don't single out my point as "you like to guess what's coming next" I explained that when a story makes sense that way it impacts me much harder, and because I get how real that was I take it with me and it gets thought provoking and supportive in real life situations. Not making sense ruins it yess yes it does and in the next chapters too thinking about what's coming next will not be worth it because maybe I'm just digging deep into something that will be solved more simply by an excuse.
Jun 10, 2019 6:09 PM

Nov 2018
I got teary-eyed. What a powerful episode.
Jun 11, 2019 2:51 AM

Mar 2013
I don't get them, if they given a chance to kill, they must kill them immediately before the villain revive <.<
Jun 12, 2019 9:37 PM

Feb 2015
SethBigBoss said:
Great episode but the lack of music at first makes it a bit empty imo

Agree completely
Jun 12, 2019 9:49 PM

Feb 2015
The four-legged titan and Zeke got close to Eren and Bertholdt (with the intention of taking Bertholdt), Zeke talked to Eren about his father, but Levi arrived, and they escaped. Hange was about to murder Reiner when Jean talked her about the option of getting his titan, she sent Mikasa with Eren to look for the syringe, but suddenly the four-legged titan appeared and took Reiner, they escaped. Mikasa arrived with Eren, and when Levi was about to give him the syringe for Armin, a soldier with Erwin’s dying body appeared, they had a discussion about who should get the power, Hange intervened and they left Levi alone to decide, he was about to use it with Erwin when he understood Erwin’s ideals and used it on Armin, he transformed into titan, ate Bertholdt and became a human again.

Incredibly emotional episode, it was tense about the decision, some viewers could agree with Eren and Mikasa and others (like me) with Levi and his ideal of taking the best decision in a moment like that, but at the end he could understand the correct signs and let Erwin rest, that was awesome. RIP Erwin.
Atlas77Aug 20, 2019 9:18 PM
Jun 13, 2019 6:30 AM
Aug 2018
One of the best ever
Jun 14, 2019 2:59 PM

Oct 2014
it’s literally 3 in the afternoon it’s too early to be crying this much hELP

one of the most PHENOMENAL episodes yet
Pages (17) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2019

458 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 6:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.