Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Who would you choose to revive?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 4, 2019 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't shed so many tears during a single episode in awhile. What is this anime doing with me...
The dreams that lead us to new horizons are the ones worth living for.
Jun 4, 2019 5:14 AM

Mar 2016
Erwin, solely because I want Erwin to see the basement, he can die after that I just really wanted him to see the basement.
Jun 4, 2019 5:37 AM

Feb 2010
Screw them, if i was Levi i'll give the serum to myself and destroy everything

Jk tho i'll give it to Armin, because i agree with Levi's reasoning, to keep living in that hell was a punishment already and after he went to basement he didn't have anything else to hop on.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jun 4, 2019 11:24 AM
May 2017
Mezo-RPWPA said:
As someone who read the manga, I would 100% give it to erwin. It would make the current arc much more interesting tbh

Thank you, if Erwin was alive bruhh none of the shit that's happening in the manga would happen!! The war would end in like 30 minutes
Jun 4, 2019 11:32 AM

Jan 2009
Vivekananda said:
Armin because

Manga Spoilers

lol thats a good one, i changed my mind because of that
Jun 4, 2019 11:41 AM

Oct 2014
Gator said:
So I either save an old, smart man who can't fight anymore because he lost an arm or a young, smart man who has his best days still ahead of him. I think the choice is easy.

He would have his arm grown back. Keep in mind Eren lost his arm and leg before he transformed for the very first time. Armin is also sort of a crybaby while Erwin is one of the most inspirational characters ever. I think him blaming himself for the deaths of the soldiers was just him being too hard on himself. He was the true leader and will be sorely missed.
However, that said, I understand why Armin was chosen and this very instance was one of very, very few examples where the explanation presented in the show was actually something I both could agree with and accept and this is a cosmically rare exception from the usual stupid plot twists, ESPECIALLY shounen plot twist.
What an episode.
Jun 4, 2019 12:53 PM

Mar 2018
It was a hard choice and neither one was correct, finding out the truth is as much of a neccessity to explore the world as is having the desire to reach the sea. Only from an emotional standpoint was letting Erwin die a better cause. We can only speculate if Erwin would've gone further after finding out the truth or not.

People forget that Armin wouldn't have gotten any accomplishments without Erwin who was the driving force behind pretty much everyone.

Either way Armin will surely become an excellent strategist.

I would've chosen Erwin tho

BestBoiEren said:
I mean thats not really a good comparison. They had Eren as a titian, and more experienced survey corps members inside, while outside everyone was completely new, with no buildings in sight, they couldn't cover at all. If Armin was outside he wouldnt've gotten better results either, that's for sure. In fact I dont think he would be capable to sacrifice the rest just to kill the beast titan off, so they wouldve just gotten massacred there without getting any results.

Thank you Erwin only had horses and inexperienced horses in an open field, his mission was much more hopeless than Armin's. In the end they both the did the same thing anyway, sacrificing themselves to let Eren and Levi finish off the job.

Capturing Reiner was done by other characters, who had thunder spears and Mikasa. Their incompetence led to Reiner being taken away again, not Erwin's fault Levi was unable to finish off the Beast Titan.

Takuto_Shindou said:
Erwin was an armless man ffs, he accepted being a burden since then, his last accomplishment was a suicide charge, nuff said.

Lol his arm would grow back and Armin commited suicide too.

poop
Jun 5, 2019 3:39 AM

Mar 2014
deg said:
Healmeplz said:
Erwin just because I did not want this to happen:

do young people today even know who He-man is? lol nice meme though

I know right old man, I mean I bet they don't even know Flinstones, The Jetsons or even Popeye.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jun 5, 2019 3:43 AM

Jan 2009
@HueyLion

those cartoons are more popular than He-man as far as i know but ye i concede since there is always youtube to find clips of this old shows
Jun 5, 2019 6:10 AM

Mar 2015
Erwin.
Because choosing Armin is indeed the wrong choice for the purpose of the story, just like Eren's choice when dealing with Female Titan, which resulted in Petra and other Levi squad being killed.
I think Erwin will be more immune from the influence of Bertholdt's memory.
Jun 5, 2019 7:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Armin, I wouldn’t want to be on bad terms with the most important piece, Eren, and the second strongest Ackerman, Mikasa, simply.

Who knows, maybe the trauma could potentially render one of them useless so that’d definitely be daunting for Paradis Island.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 5, 2019 7:47 AM

Mar 2015
Healmeplz said:
Erwin just because I did not want this to happen:

same if that happened the whole series would end in one episode. He-man op
Jun 5, 2019 9:25 AM
Feb 2019
When I first watched the episode, it was really hard to choice (even though my heart belongs to Erwin), so so hard and it even baffled me how many didn't care about Erwin and chose Armin.

After watching the episode 3 times, I realized that I would go for Erwin, I love and respect Armin but I still think that Erwin is better, I just can't let him die, this man is THE GOAT!
and this story taught me that there's nothing that easy, so this might be a trick to make us believe that Armin is the better choice, but he might fail hard in the future, and everyone would start regretting losing Erwin, ha but that would be too late :)

Although, I'm pretty sure Levi didn't give the serum to Armin because he's a better choice or so, but he actually made a personal and selfish decision, by letting his beloved friend get a rest from this hell.

I believe, picturing Armin as the one who is optimistic and wants to see the sea in this episode is just to make us think everything is gonna be fine.

At the end, both Erwin and Armin are slaves to their dreams like Kenny said, actually everyone is. So it's funny when many are making it look like Erwin is the only slave in that situation.

RIP GOAT.
Jun 5, 2019 9:43 AM
Aug 2012
Same as Levi..........

Let the man rest......he had to play the role of a devil all this time.

Coming back and seeing all this sacrifices would have affected him severely.

Moreover Erwin was prepared to die during that final charge.

Jun 5, 2019 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
I always thought Erwin should've been saved but would I really be okay with seeing cinnamon roll dying? I think it would have hit me harder than seeing Levi's sad face when Erwin died.
Jun 5, 2019 4:51 PM

Aug 2014
Edylson said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:
As someone who read the manga, I would 100% give it to erwin. It would make the current arc much more interesting tbh

Thank you, if Erwin was alive bruhh none of the shit that's happening in the manga would happen!! The war would end in like 30 minutes

no not that easily, But it would take a make the war much more interesting since he wouldn't be crying in the cell like armin is doing right now.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jun 5, 2019 5:10 PM
Sep 2016
Erwin. He is just the most rational choice. I mean come on, an experienced Leader whose deeds are the most essential achievements in human history versus a smart kid. The sheer fact that people really say that Erwin would not have any ambitions after he reached his goal ist just unbelievable. He had one weak moment before charging to his death and everybody loses his mind.. Its pretty human and common to doubt and fall into despair when you get cornered like that and his "thank you" to levi was rather a "thank you for snapping me back to reality" than a " thanks for letting me rest,finally.". His facial expression right before getting hit by a rock was that of a man whos terrified and wants to live not a man whos about to be free of his burdens. His final moment was that of him raising his hand where he started the revolution and people still call him unambitious? Not to mention that Kennys " drunk on something "speech goes for Armins dream to see the sea too. So yeah, Armin was not only rationally but also subjectively speaking wrong. I mean Levi finally gets the choice to save someone dear to him and he decides against it because of some dreaming kid who hypothetically is important? Nah fam
Jun 6, 2019 5:40 AM

Sep 2014
Tough decision. I would have probably tried to split it, since Rod only needed to lick a few drops for a huge ass titan. The problem would be getting another shifter to eat, right?
So back to one person.

Probably Erwin. He is just the leader they need. I know he tried to build up Armin as the brains of the scouts, but IMO they need a strong leader more than brains.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 6, 2019 5:47 AM
May 2019
Comander-07 said:
Tough decision. I would have probably tried to split it, since Rod only needed to lick a few drops for a huge ass titan. The problem would be getting another shifter to eat, right?
So back to one person.

Probably Erwin. He is just the leader they need. I know he tried to build up Armin as the brains of the scouts, but IMO they need a strong leader more than brains.

Rod ended up as an abnormal titan that could only crawl due to the drops and historia putting his back out of commission, so I think you have to ingest the full serum for it to have positive results.
Jun 6, 2019 5:53 AM

Sep 2014
Weebover9000 said:
Comander-07 said:
So back to one person.

Rod ended up as an abnormal titan that could only crawl due to the drops and historia putting his back out of commission, so I think you have to ingest the full serum for it to have positive results.
he ended up as a 170m titan. IIRC you need to eat a shifter to gain intelligence
Jun 6, 2019 5:55 AM
May 2019
Comander-07 said:
Weebover9000 said:

he ended up as a 170m titan. IIRC you need to eat a shifter to gain intelligence

Yeah, however, armin was a crispy potato chip and he ended up fine as a titan thanks to the full injection, rod however, had a broken back and only a couple drops, which hindered him to crawl on his face as a titan, so the amount you take in can definitely have an impact on your titan form depending on your injuries before hand.
Jun 6, 2019 6:01 AM
Jul 2018
Armin, because Erwin suffered enough.
Jun 6, 2019 6:08 AM

Sep 2014
Weebover9000 said:
Comander-07 said:

Yeah, however, armin was a crispy potato chip and he ended up fine as a titan thanks to the full injection, rod however, had a broken back and only a couple drops, which hindered him to crawl on his face as a titan, so the amount you take in can definitely have an impact on your titan form depending on your injuries before hand.
Yeah, however, unrelated. He was just way to massive to stand
Jun 6, 2019 11:29 AM

Jul 2015
Rod's case was he directly ingested the spinal fluid which turned him into an abnormal Titan.

But if it is injected in the blood one wouldn't turn into a Titan that abnormal.

Dec 23, 2020 1:24 PM
Jun 2014
Everyone likes Armin more, he did contribute a lot and is one of the main characters but at the moment he can't replace Erwin. Armin can't be the commander, he lacks experience, charismatic leadership and probably more. Erwin shouldn't be the one to die, he still has an obligation to lead humanity to victory with all the human sacrifices that he made even if he learned the truth in the basement. Armin also has to suffer the stress and responsibility for living at the cost of Erwin
lKinolDec 28, 2020 9:49 PM
Mar 6, 2021 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
I prefer Armin, in fact he's one of my fav characters ever, but Erwin would be such a better candidate, it is stupid that Levi choosed Armin
Mar 6, 2021 6:05 AM

Aug 2018
ERWIN

i can't believe levi chose armin but whatever
Mar 8, 2021 12:41 AM

Apr 2017
Erwin no doubt. Experience>talent. Armin is too timid and crumbled under pressure once and had to rely on Jean before he was useful again.
Mar 26, 2021 8:38 AM
Mar 2021
If Erwin and Armin were dying and I had two serum I would give both of them to Erwin
Apr 2, 2021 3:06 AM
Feb 2021
Tone_ said:
I would probably use it on my self and become the Chad Titan. Fuck those two.

😂😂😂😂😂
Apr 19, 2021 11:44 AM

Jan 2021
I would choose Erwin. I love Armin don't get me wrong but Erwin is just a better pick imo. Erwin was a man who knew how to get stuff done even at the cost of his comrades lives. Armin was smart but he fails to realize that Paradis cannot get along with the rest of the world diplomatically. If I had no knowledge of the future situation the Scouts would be in, I would have definitely choose Erwin.
Apr 19, 2021 11:52 AM

Jan 2021
Daydream_Kurama said:
Armin, because Erwin suffered enough.
I get what your trying to say, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Everyone in AoT has suffered enough including Armin. It's not a case of who has suffered enough but rather who can stop the suffering.
Zanth_rApr 20, 2021 1:35 PM
Dec 5, 2023 10:41 PM
May 2022
If the guilt trip factor of Levi knowing that Erwin wanted to finally be at peace was not an issue. ie if Erwin was still iron-willed to continue in his mission for humanity….
oh F***ng Erwin hands down. But as it i’m recalling correctly, Erwin went into the final charge at the Beast Titan content with this being his end, him finally resting after years… everything.
But Armin, who even Levi quickly pointed out he’ll never fully fill Erwin’s shoes, is youthful mind with untapped potential intelligence that can help to bring a better future for humanity.

So in short, if Erwin was still headstrong and ready to continue the war and NOT content with finally meeting peace in death:
Erwin 10000% over Armin.
But given the circumstances of the situations of both characters:
Armin was perhaps the best choice
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Yesterday, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.