Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 2, 2019 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
Nim0174 said:
@Frostbytes
lmao
takes 1 person out of the links i happened to find finds a valid counter argument
by all means its valid you are right in that case

disregards millions of other cases where this argument doesn't work

"the argument is flawed anyway by comparing with exceptions like Guinness world record holders"
its really not flawed, what makes you think Armin can't be an Exception?
Exceptions are there to prove that its possible
if something is possible its not an illogical event that can happen

ignoring millions of valid example because one example is valid is illogical in itself
stop crying like a five year old over something that is clearly possible

>its really not flawed, what makes you think Armin can't be an Exception?

I am tired with this, but read about logical fallacies, maybe you will understand. Here is a good page about it, because many people are unaware about it here https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Exception_that_proves_the_rule

Jun 2, 2019 10:05 AM
May 2019
Blarey said:
Nim0174 said:

lmao
Anime:
4th Degree Burns and fall from 50 Metre
--> not logical survival

Real Life:
Plane Crash from 31000-38000 feet (just for reference this is more than 50 metres lmao) engine fire burns the entire plane in free fall
multiple survivors
--> totally logical

>reasonable criticism is made
>deny all negative criticism with irrational reasoning that fits your point of view

Typical low-iq SnK fan response

I mean yeah hes always immature when someone is slightly negative to SNK here, I at least agreed it was plot armor and discussed other plot armor moments that could be considered worse than this scene in AOT, but that doesnt stop me from enjoying the series.
Jun 2, 2019 10:06 AM

Apr 2019
Frostbytes said:
Nim0174 said:
@Frostbytes
lmao
takes 1 person out of the links i happened to find finds a valid counter argument
by all means its valid you are right in that case

disregards millions of other cases where this argument doesn't work

"the argument is flawed anyway by comparing with exceptions like Guinness world record holders"
its really not flawed, what makes you think Armin can't be an Exception?
Exceptions are there to prove that its possible
if something is possible its not an illogical event that can happen

ignoring millions of valid example because one example is valid is illogical in itself
stop crying like a five year old over something that is clearly possible

I am tired with this, but read about logical fallacies, maybe you will understand. Here is a good page about it, because many people are unaware about it here https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Exception_that_proves_the_rule

that page itself is logical fallacy
if an exception occurs it means it occured and is thefore present in reality, in either past present or future it happened once and therefore that occurence itself is logical
if you apply this to a fictional world that itself makes it logical

@Weebover9000 well yeah if you don't make valid criticism i will call you out, by all mean its plot armor im not denying that, but there is a difference in illogicality and plot armor
Nim0174Jun 2, 2019 10:09 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 10:09 AM
Jun 2017
Nim0174 said:
@amine60__SBD not sure if you are being sarcastic here

lol no,I'm not,I didn't expect people can survive free falling from such a high distance,now I'm not bothered with armin surviving,
-the fight among the survey corps for the serum was one of my favorite scene from the manga.
Jun 2, 2019 10:11 AM

Nov 2013
Weebover9000 said:
Blarey said:

>reasonable criticism is made
>deny all negative criticism with irrational reasoning that fits your point of view

Typical low-iq SnK fan response

I mean yeah hes always immature when someone is slightly negative to SNK here, I at least agreed it was plot armor and discussed other plot armor moments that could be considered worse than this scene in AOT, but that doesnt stop me from enjoying the series.

True, not all SnK fans are that bad. At least there's a lot of SnK fans like you and keragamming who can acknowledge negative criticism and have a reasonable discussion about it.
Jun 2, 2019 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Nim0174 said:
Frostbytes said:

that page itself is logical fallacy
if an exception occurs it means it occured and is thefore present in reality, in either past present or future it happened once and therefore that occurence itself is logical
if you apply this to a fictional world that itself makes it logical

>in either past present or future it happened once and therefore that occurence itself is logical

totally misinterpreted and that's not the point about fallacy but okay.

>if you apply this to a fictional world that itself makes it logical

oh alright then, the one and only golden truth, everything is logical because it's fictional. Alright then, argument is over.
Jun 2, 2019 10:14 AM

Apr 2019
@Frostbytes man you are taking answers out of context and arguing to suit your needs

the point is its not illogical, people have survived worse and he had the serum
now stop crying thank you

amine60__SBD said:
Nim0174 said:
@amine60__SBD not sure if you are being sarcastic here

lol no,I'm not,I didn't expect people can survive free falling from such a high distance,now I'm not bothered with armin surviving,
-the fight among the survey corps for the serum was one of my favorite scene from the manga.

same here man, i especially loved Eren talking to Levi about how Armin is the one who will save the World
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 10:15 AM

Oct 2013
The back and fourth discussion between Armin death between two manga readers is tiring. You guys have already set up the tone of how this thread is going to be, a big flame war.

Jun 2, 2019 10:16 AM
May 2019
keragamming said:
The back and fourth discussion between Armin death between two manga readers is tiring. You guys have already set up the tone of how this thread is going to be, a big flame war.

This is basically how it went down when the chapter came out, lol
Jun 2, 2019 10:20 AM

Jun 2008
keragamming said:

lol, very true. I found Armin's survival absurd when I read the manga, but at this point, I just accepted it.
Jun 2, 2019 10:24 AM

Apr 2019
@Frostbytes its not bait, its a solid fact, im not sure what your problem is, of course my grammar is poor, its my third language, so excuse me didn't know this was grammar school.
Also every argument that doesnt suit you is a logical fallacy immediately lmao
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 10:25 AM
Oct 2012
ABDoesThings said:
Eniie said:

No, the previous episode was epic, and gave an incredible send off to armin, yet all it was was a cheap fakeout where the next ep he just coughs that he's alive despite supposedly being beyond dead. Erwin being alive (but dying) is believable(nobody would instantly die from being hit where erwin was dead, they'd bleed a lot and die quickly but thats it) and should have been the logical choice.
Okay why don't you create your own Attack on Titan and write it your way? It's not your work so complaining about some guy mysteriously surviving fourth degree burns for a few minutes is kinda pointless. At that point, you could call Reiner "The Armored Titan". That guy's survived death so many times lol. His luck is insane, yet he doesn't want to live lol.

You're being ridiculous, this is one of my favourite shows, I love the writing in it and have rated all seasons so far incredible and have been loving this season so far, arguably my favourite arc. I can critique it if I have something I am not a fan of. And yes, reiner having consciousness transfer is ridiculous and blatant plot armor but I can forgive it because we don't have enough on titans to have established expectations. But we know everything about armin and that he is a normal human
Jun 2, 2019 10:34 AM
Jun 2015
I don't really understand the criticism: of course it's pretty rare - yet no impossibile - for a person to survive in that situation, but I think it's just pretty normal don't die on the spot. And that's what happened: Armin was going to die ofc, he just didn't die on the spot, he was barely breathing
Fork95Jun 2, 2019 10:38 AM
Jun 2, 2019 10:37 AM

May 2016
ABDoesThings said:
I like how everybody is like "PLOT ARMOR ALERT" lol. What do you expect? Did you want some other random jackass instead of Armin or Erwin to be a candidate for the injection? It would've been a no brainer to choose Armin or Erwin at that point. Erwin and Armin being the two candidates made perfect sense plot wise.

Sacrificing logic in the sake of the plot is weak writing and storytelling. This was also the problem of Game of Thrones in Season 8. And no, don't defend the indefensible. There is no way for Armin to survive that. There is no human who could survive burning alive and falling to the ground from 50 meters or more!
This is plot armor, nothing more, nothing less.

ABDoesThings said:

The reason Levi chose Armin was because Erwin had no dreams past the basement.

No. The reason Levi chose Armin was that Isayama wasn't brave enough to kill of a main character. Another reason is that Isayama wanted to remove Erwin from the story, because he couldn't handle the character after the basement reveal. Erwin's whole character was built up for the basement reveal.
-
Jun 2, 2019 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
Nim0174 said:

There is only logical fallacy here, "exceptions doesn't prove the rule"(and they aren't even comparable examples anyway, different situations for each of them) and it's a common one used in every arguments about books, movies etc. I know some people don't know about it properly, but that's how it is, sadly.

Poor grammar is related because I can't understand many of the arguments because of poor sentence structure, but that's besides the topic and I see your reasoning for that. Anyway please stop quoting me again, thanks.
Jun 2, 2019 10:40 AM

Apr 2019
Frostbytes said:
Nim0174 said:

There is only logical fallacy here, "exceptions doesn't prove the rule"(and they aren't even comparable examples anyway, different situations for each of them) and it's a common one used in every arguments about books, movies etc. I know some people don't know about it properly, but that's how it is, sadly.

Poor grammar is related because I can't understand many of the arguments because of poor sentence structure, but that's besides the topic and I see your reasoning for that. Anyway please stop quoting me again, thanks.

Yes. You are right. Exceptions do not prove the rule.
But that doesn't mean that another exception can not happen under any circumstances.
Therefore it is not illogical. I apologize for my grammar.
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 10:45 AM
Jan 2019
Can you guys please stop..
Everyone has his opinion... just stop there.. u arent getting anywhere both of u
Jun 2, 2019 10:47 AM
Feb 2018
Blame
Akahiro said:
Everyone has his opinion... just stop there.. u arent getting anywhere both of u

Blame Frostbyste for igniting this nonsensual argument.
Mods should remove first two pages of this topic coz they contribute absolutelly nothing.
Jun 2, 2019 10:50 AM
May 2019
mrbull3tproof said:
Blame
Akahiro said:

Mods should remove first two pages of this topic coz they contribute absolutelly nothing.

Its on topic to the episode, but I do agree some of Nims posts should be removed cause they get out of hand with immaturity and bringing real life events into this. However, when this chapter came out, this is exactly how reactions and debates unfolded, so I kinda expected it to happen with this episode thread of the anime
Jun 2, 2019 10:51 AM

Sep 2018
Nim0174 said:
Frostbytes said:

Alright, I will stop watching anime because it's SnK.

Prime ad hominem there, at least some of the fans above tried to discuss it.
>using plane crash logic to defend SnK when planes actually have backup emergency facilities for such situations just to have a small chance of survival

Now I have seen everything.

just a few i remember there are a lot more,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Alkemade 18000 feet free fall
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davide_Capello 100 feet fall (WALKS AWAY UNSCATHED)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Chisov 23000 free fall survivor (jumped out of plane at this height)

-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Vulovi%C4%87
holds guinness world record for free fall surviving 33330 feet (10160 metre)
". She suffered a fractured skull, three broken vertebrae, two broken legs, broken ribs and a fractured pelvis. She made an almost complete recovery but continued to walk with a limp "

man dude, i don't attempt to discuss this with you because u talk nonsense about how its illogical when its really fucking not

stop saying everything is illogical when its not, its stupid whiny and you aren't 5 years old
Stop it, you're destroying him/her hahahaha
I keep moving forward
Jun 2, 2019 10:54 AM
May 2017
mrbull3tproof said:
Blame
Akahiro said:

All of this is hilarious, its exactly how it went down when these chapters came out, however i was expecting the anime onlies to brag about this, not manga readers... Ohh well, but guys seriously, stop with the Armin jokes, he's been roasted enough.... Im not sorry
Jun 2, 2019 11:03 AM
Nov 2017
My gosh, although I already know what happens, but I still feel so bad for Levi in this episode. When Hange told him Erwin was already gone, he looked so heart broken. Can't help but feel like everyone he cares about gets ripped away from him... Though the chances looks dim, I whole heartedly hope for a good end for this guy.
Jun 2, 2019 11:08 AM
May 2017
Listen. No anime is perfect. This anime happens to be a plot armor master. This isn't the first, and trust me this is far from the last. Get over it or drop it really.
Jun 2, 2019 11:09 AM
Mar 2019
surprising episode, Armin survived and RIP Erwin, I hope you are calm in nature, honestly why people complain and argue about the possibility that Armin should not breathe after falling from a height of 60 meters, hey don't put your 100% logic into anime, it's very really stupid, any type of anime does not apply 100% real logic, even if it exists it might be a miracle, as for negative criticism people should criticize the storyline, the quality of animation, sound, art and others, according to My episode is full of drama, but the negative point is the lack of music in the middle of the conversation, at the end of the music it's ok, but in the middle it feels lonely like it's not usually, and I'm just a little disappointed with the music, but still I can edit it and add as much sawano music as I want, for my personal collection, I hope they want to fix it pa da BD, because I want to buy it right away, I hope people understand and understand.
9/10 for this episode
Jun 2, 2019 11:15 AM

Apr 2019
LightoLhxd4 said:
surprising episode, Armin survived and RIP Erwin, I hope you are calm in nature, honestly why people complain and argue about the possibility that Armin should not breathe after falling from a height of 60 meters, hey don't put your 100% logic into anime, it's very really stupid, any type of anime does not apply 100% real logic, even if it exists it might be a miracle, as for negative criticism people should criticize the storyline, the quality of animation, sound, art and others, according to My episode is full of drama, but the negative point is the lack of music in the middle of the conversation, at the end of the music it's ok, but in the middle it feels lonely like it's not usually, and I'm just a little disappointed with the music, but still I can edit it and add as much sawano music as I want, for my personal collection, I hope they want to fix it pa da BD, because I want to buy it right away, I hope people understand and understand.
9/10 for this episode

You make good criticism/points.
I agree, lack of OST bugs me in this Season.
It also doesn't fit well thematically in my Opinion, but maybe it just doesn't resonate with me.
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 11:17 AM

Nov 2015
Frostbytes said:
Best comedy episode, Snk always delivers with its stupid plot armours.

So ........ it’s Attack on Plot Armour Titan? 😝

Sigh... I caught up to the 1st half of the season and this season for nothing.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jun 2, 2019 11:17 AM

Oct 2013
LightoLhxd4 said:
9/10 for this episode

I thought I was the only one, I was wondering if they were planning to use any ost in this episode. The ost at the end was great though.
Jun 2, 2019 11:24 AM
Jun 2015
I hate that cart titan and it's stupid red eys! Always saving Zeke's ass so annoying!
Jun 2, 2019 11:25 AM
Jun 2019
Frostbytes said:
Weebover9000 said:

What part of this is able to be seen as a comedy? You must have really dark humor.
>Subsequent Drama
I mean, one of this animes tags is Drama, and considering the nature of this series, something like this episode isnt out of the realm of possibility for it.

Comedy because of its absolutely supid logic of Armin breathing in that fatal position, as I pointed out. Just can't take the series seriously with moments like this.

Then stop watching motherfucker, you know that shingeki no kyojin is fire that's why you keep watching, there's no anime like shingeki no kyojin so keep your bullshit to yourself

The episode was amazing
Jun 2, 2019 11:26 AM
May 2019
Walterbuiti said:
Frostbytes said:

Comedy because of its absolutely supid logic of Armin breathing in that fatal position, as I pointed out. Just can't take the series seriously with moments like this.

Then stop watching motherfucker, you know that shingeki no kyojin is fire that's why you keep watching, there's no anime like shingeki no kyojin so keep your bullshit to yourself

The episode was amazing

You're the part of the fanbase that gives it a bad look, stop it.
Jun 2, 2019 11:26 AM
May 2017
LightoLhxd4 said:
9/10 for this episode

That's an interesting way to put it, the people that got upset with the lack of music can edit it with an OST that they like!! I think the lack of music gave the scene a lot of tension, and its a briliant showcase of how this series have amazing VA's
Jun 2, 2019 11:27 AM
Jan 2018
Snkmasterpiece said:
Frostbytes said:

Yeah I am quite sure enough minutes have passed as they were engrossed in the stupid drama after Armin getting fourth degree burns all over the body and falling from a high wall.

I can at agree Reiner part isn't that dumb because at least there can be created a sort of logical explanation based just on shifter abilities, however far fetched that might be or lacks proper foreshadowing.

You dumbass, armin survived because his anchors reduced the impact of the fall. They were still connected to the colossal titan.

The manga chapter has him falling with the anchor wires still attached to to collosal yeah . But the part where he's on the roof he didn't have canisters/ where the anchors come out from
Jun 2, 2019 11:32 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Oof, reading this discussion thread is like digging through a trashcan to find some coin you dropped in there.

Anyways, this is definitely my second-favorite AoT episode, only losing to last week's episode. Yeah, there's a lot of plot conveniences, but AoT's been like that since the first arc. But the execution of the whole moment was amazing. Lack of music at moments really created a more tense atmosphere. That silent feeling created more intensity and any music would've made it feel intrusive. Also, props to the seiyuu for really going all out in this episode.
Jun 2, 2019 11:35 AM
Mar 2015
I think the episode without soundtrack was still amazing. I felt the tension of it. The OST at the end was amazing.
Jun 2, 2019 11:36 AM

May 2016
Hey, I'm not an expert on irl fall damage, but I can see someone not immediatelly dying from a fall if they manage to avoid a fatal blow to their head and neck.
HyperLJun 2, 2019 11:47 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 2, 2019 11:38 AM
Jan 2018
HyperL said:
Hey. I'm not an expert on irl fall damage, but I can see someone not immediatelly dying from a fall if they manage to avoid a fatal blow to their head and neck.

Some are suggesting that armin didn't breath in the heat which didn't damage his organs inside . Or something
Jun 2, 2019 11:40 AM

Jun 2014
Frankly, I think the reason this episode felt amazing to me was precisely due to lack of OST most of time, it ironically feels like a terrified child watching his parents arguing in a first-person view. Great atmosphere-building.

Also huge props to splendid voice acting from all characters in this episode. Eren, Mikasa, Levi...and good lord Floch delivers too (Kensho Ono is my new favorite VA)

Jun 2, 2019 11:45 AM

May 2016
Mattinator95 said:
HyperL said:
Hey. I'm not an expert on irl fall damage, but I can see someone not immediatelly dying from a fall if they manage to avoid a fatal blow to their head and neck.

Some are suggesting that armin didn't breath in the heat which didn't damage his organs inside . Or something

Yeah, but that's about surviving the burning, which I already find believable enough.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 2, 2019 11:53 AM
May 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Oof, reading this discussion thread is like digging through a trashcan to find some coin you dropped in there.

Anyways, this is definitely my second-favorite AoT episode, only losing to last week's episode. Yeah, there's a lot of plot conveniences, but AoT's been like that since the first arc. But the execution of the whole moment was amazing. Lack of music at moments really created a more tense atmosphere. That silent feeling created more intensity and any music would've made it feel intrusive. Also, props to the seiyuu for really going all out in this episode.

At least in the trashcan you'll find a coin, here since majority are manga readers you won't find much
Jun 2, 2019 12:02 PM
May 2016
keragamming said:
Frostbytes said:

I mean yeah SnK has quite a few dumb plotlines anyway(some Reiner plot armours for example) so it's hard to say which is worse. Personally this was worse for me because how much drama was created when it shouldn't have existed anyway(but plot armour saves the day as usual).

Those plot armor/fake outs is my main gripe in this arc when I was reading the manga, when Armin supposedly died in the manga, I and many also thought he was dead. Seeing anime only praising the series last episode knowing what was to come next episode, apart of me really wish Armin would've stayed dead because it would have really hit home that anyone can die in the series.

Thankfully all this drama was done in one episode, but really it depends on how anime only will view this, on the other hand Armin survive, but for the cost of that Erwin and Bertholdt is dead and the ending scene was beautiful.

This is why I said this episode and the next one will make or break this season. So I'm patiently waiting for anime only reaction to this episode.

I'm genuinely surprised you of all people think that way. I mean, I can sort of understand why but surely since you're up to date with the manga you can at least start to see why it makes perfect sense for Armin to have survived this ordeal?

Jun 2, 2019 12:05 PM
May 2016
Before people start to unanimously bitch about "muh plot armor" I'd like to remind you that this series ISN'T over yet. Don't just assume that things happen solely due to bad writing when Isayama has proven time and time again that he doesn't make decisions without actual proper foreshadowing and payoff down the line, if you're not warm on the idea of Armin surviving I seriously implore you to wait and see how things will play out down the line.
Jun 2, 2019 12:06 PM
Nov 2018
are there any streams of it yet w/subs or just raws
Jun 2, 2019 12:07 PM
The White Hope

Dec 2015
Farabeuf said:
where are people watching this? Everywhere I go the release of the episode is delayed?!

In germany it's out on AnimeOnDemand. ^^'

~Mirror, tell me something~
Jun 2, 2019 12:07 PM

May 2016
Here's an explanation that draws more from the anime itself:

Remember last episose, the Colossal Titan was emitting/creating lots of very strong and hot WIND.

With that in mind, I don't think is farfetched to think all the wind and extra air around slowed down Armin's fall just enough for his death to not be immediate.

Think AIR RESISTANCE/DRAG. What makes things like baloons and parachutes fall more slowly to the ground is the air below the base of the object interfering with the force of gravity.

Thus, it stands to reason that more concentrated wind and air (specially hot air which tends to move upwards) creates more air resistance, which would further slow down the fall of objects.

And remember, we do see Armin fall rather slowly after he lets go of the maneuver gear. One could assume it was just some slow-mo effect for the sake of epicness, but that might've actually been how fast he was falling due to all the stuff I explained above.

In other words, the whole premisse of the argument 'til now, that is, that he just fell like one would after jumping from a cliff or something, is most likely wrong.
HyperLJun 2, 2019 12:25 PM
Jun 2, 2019 12:13 PM
May 2019
Farabeuf said:
Weebover9000 said:

We're watching the raw

Ok, cool. I don't know why the subs have been so delayed lately.

Cause of leakers.
Jun 2, 2019 12:13 PM
Jan 2018
HyperL said:
Here a in explanation that draws from the anime itself:

Remember last episose, the Colossal Titan was emitting lots of very strong and hot WIND.

I don't think is farfetched to think all the wind and extra air around slowed down Armin's fall just enough for his death to not be immediate.

Think AIR RESISTANCE/DRAG. What makes things like baloons and parachutes fall more slowly to the ground is the air below the base of the object interfering with the force of gravity.

Thus, it stands to reason that more concentrated wind and air (specially hot air which tends to move upwards) creates more air resistance, which would further slow down the fall of objects.

And remember, we do see Armin fall rather slow instead of fast after he lets go of the maneuver gear. One might assume it was just some slow-mo effect for the sake of epicness, but it could've actually been how fast he was falling due to all the stuff I explained above.

And for the reason he could breath could be that he couldn't due to the heat and lost conciousness . But when he got into clear air again he started to breath but the damage of the heat prevented him etc
Jun 2, 2019 12:15 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Weebover9000 said:
Farabeuf said:

Ok, cool. I don't know why the subs have been so delayed lately.

Cause of leakers.

Leakers? I don't understand that logic. We all know whats going to happen anyway! (Well at least all manga readers)
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 2, 2019 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
Modernoir said:
keragamming said:

Those plot armor/fake outs is my main gripe in this arc when I was reading the manga, when Armin supposedly died in the manga, I and many also thought he was dead. Seeing anime only praising the series last episode knowing what was to come next episode, apart of me really wish Armin would've stayed dead because it would have really hit home that anyone can die in the series.

Thankfully all this drama was done in one episode, but really it depends on how anime only will view this, on the other hand Armin survive, but for the cost of that Erwin and Bertholdt is dead and the ending scene was beautiful.

This is why I said this episode and the next one will make or break this season. So I'm patiently waiting for anime only reaction to this episode.

I'm genuinely surprised you of all people think that way. I mean, I can sort of understand why but surely since you're up to date with the manga you can at least start to see why it makes perfect sense for Armin to have survived this ordeal?

Oh yes, don't get me wrong as a manga reader and seeing what is happening in the long run, I can see why he made Armin survive.

But that still doesn't mean I like the way how he survived, it was just too much for my suspension of disbelief and I just didn't like how the way it was done, the same goes for how Reiner survive as well. Those were always my gripe when it comes to this arc.

I criticize these chapters back when the chapter was release I guess you weren't aware of it. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1530501

@Farabeuf
The episodes were being leaked by legal websites in Spain and other Countries Hours and even days before the episode aired in Japan, so they decide to give the streaming companies the episode after it aired in Japan, so translating it will take some time and hence it was not possible to release it at the normal time it was being released.
keragammingJun 2, 2019 12:22 PM
Jun 2, 2019 12:16 PM
May 2016
Mattinator95 said:
HyperL said:
Here a in explanation that draws from the anime itself:

Remember last episose, the Colossal Titan was emitting lots of very strong and hot WIND.

I don't think is farfetched to think all the wind and extra air around slowed down Armin's fall just enough for his death to not be immediate.

And remember, we do see Armin fall rather slow instead of fast after he lets go of the maneuver gear. One might assume it was just some slow-mo effect for the sake of epicness, but it could've actually been how fast he was falling due to all the stuff I explained above.

And for the reason he could breath could be that he couldn't due to the heat

Yeah, he specifically states while he's burning that he can't breathe too last episode. In the manga it seemed far less feasible but due to that and the way they depicted his fall as being far slower it actually makes his survival for the serum far, FAR more plausible.

Besides, if you truly think about things for a moment, is it actually a GOOD thing that Armin survived?
Jun 2, 2019 12:21 PM
May 2016
keragamming said:
Modernoir said:

Oh yes, don't get me wrong as a manga reader and seeing what is happening in the long run, I can see why he made Armin survive.

But that still doesn't mean I like the way how he survived, it just took me out of my suspension of disbelief and I just didn't like how the way it was done, the same goes for how Reiner survive as well. Those were always my gripe when it comes to this arc.

I criticize these chapters back when the chapter was release I guess you weren't aware of it. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1530501

Honestly that's something I can respect since in the manga I felt more shocked by his survival too. I at least think in the anime it seems far more plausible (people have survived extreme burns before, my visualization was that he made a much harder impact onto the roof but the anime made it seem more like his fall was lessened by the overwhelming amounts of air produced by the CT).

I'd love to go more into it but it's spoiler territory, but Armin surviving is a genuinely good thing for the story because of what it sets up in the future.

Just food for thought.
Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2019

458 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 6:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.