Forum Settings
Forums

Can snk season 3 part 2 dethrone fmab number 1 spot?

New
Mar 11, 2019 12:14 PM

Jun 2014
Everyone is saying this is snk best arc does it have any chance of beating this tyrant known as fmab?
*Checks SetsukoHara favorite list.* has one piece as favorite in manga section. Confirm op fanboy. Tries to change subject because I'm talking negative about his favorite series. One piece fanboy logic detected.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 11, 2019 12:15 PM

Aug 2017
I don' t think.It will probably get a score between 8,40/8,60.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2019 12:16 PM

Feb 2013
the last one merely had 8.48
i dont think an increase of more than 0.5 points is likely at this level
Mar 11, 2019 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
Not really, I thought it was one of the worst arcs with some hilarious plot armours.
Mar 11, 2019 12:35 PM

Sep 2018
I highly doubt it since a lot of people will automatically dismiss it no matter how good it is for being popular. Besides that being that good is extremely unlikely. FMAB came out at a time before it was popular to hate on mainstream anime which pretty much makes #1 unatainable for newer anime.
Mar 11, 2019 12:36 PM

Oct 2013
Highly unlikely imo opinion.

romagia said:

The last one ironically was the one manga readers fear would kill the series because of lack of titans, it was the most controversial arc of the series because of the lack of titans.

So imo 8.48 surpasses our expectation, thanks to wit studio and Isayama changes to try and improve this arc for anime only.

The upcoming one is full of action and many persons agree that this arc is the best one in the series, I disagree though the one that comes after is better. ;)

I predict around 8.75.
Mar 11, 2019 12:40 PM

Aug 2017
Skana said:
The only anime that could overtake FMAB are: JoJo part 7, Oyasumi Punpun, Vagabond and 20th Century Boys.

But none of them still has an anime lol
and also a good adaptation of berserk
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2019 12:41 PM

Jul 2015
no 30 more characters are unnecessary

Mar 11, 2019 12:57 PM

Aug 2018
Skana said:
The only anime that could overtake FMAB are: JoJo part 7, Oyasumi Punpun, Vagabond and 20th Century Boys.

Hell yes, a well done Vagabond adaptation would get an easy 9.

Even if I am enjoying the manga and the arc that is now going to be adapted is maybe my PERSONAL favourite in the SnK manga, I don't think that it can get the no1 spot. It will be similar to the previous seasons.
Mar 11, 2019 1:08 PM

Jul 2013
Not really and Attack on Titan like a lot ongoing anime can get predictable easily plus Japan is running out of ideas.
Mar 11, 2019 1:12 PM

Oct 2013
Kurt_Irving said:
Not really and Attack on Titan like a lot ongoing anime can get predictable easily plus Japan is running out of ideas.

Predictable? I'm sure you saw everything a mile away that is happening in the latest chapter right?

Since its so predictable could you spoil me the ending please? Attack on titan is the last series you can call predictable. It is the king of plotwist in this medium.
keragammingMar 11, 2019 1:15 PM
Mar 11, 2019 1:14 PM
Jan 2018
Fmab is overrated, doesn't deserve the number one spot at all, neither does aot though. But does the number 1 spot really mean anything in the first place? Not really.
Mar 11, 2019 1:14 PM

Nov 2016
I think SnK has already too many haters because it's popular so it will have too many 1* from people who watched 0/1 episodes. Personally from what I know from plot of S3 p2 I will give it 10* (of course if studio won't ruin it).
Mar 11, 2019 1:21 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Waiting for Gintama to get god tier again and start taking top places so that more people can hate on it.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 11, 2019 1:22 PM

Jul 2012
Doubtful. Even if we assume the sequel effect is in play for SNK, the first part of the third season only managed to match the score of the first season and it's highly unlikely that the next season will jump over 100 places higher in the ranks.
Mar 11, 2019 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
Kurt_Irving said:

ahahahaha attack on titan and predictable hahahaha
Mar 11, 2019 1:28 PM

Aug 2017
If S1 can't do that, S3 part 2 has no chance.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 11, 2019 1:46 PM

Aug 2018
No, weebos won't allow it.

Mar 11, 2019 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
I think if the show wasn't parted into so many seasons and instead had been just one season with the entire story it could've had better score. A lot of people dropped it after watching just the first season but the first season was just a start of the story
Mar 11, 2019 1:53 PM

Oct 2013
Even if it magically got the number 1 spot, the haters would downvote the living hell out of it. XD

@laviha

That is a point that I brought up already, not just for snk but for many series, people talk about the sequel effect, but honestly I believe a completed series has a better chance to do better overall than a cut up one.

Will fmab be number 1 if it had different seasons? Who knows.
Mar 11, 2019 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
Kurt_Irving said:

Are you kidding me? How the hell is aot predictable? Wait and watch how this show screws up with your mind in later seasons
Mar 11, 2019 2:38 PM

Nov 2016
The upcoming cour will definitely be a blast to watch, that's for sure. Might become the highest rated part so far, but I don't see it cracking the 9, let alone become nr.1.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 11, 2019 2:54 PM

Oct 2010
hiraishinx said:
I think SnK has already too many haters because it's popular so it will have too many 1* from people who watched 0/1 episodes.

I wanted to say that but you were first so I used quote.
Mar 11, 2019 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
While I feel that it is true that the next arc will be the greatest, I highly doubt that it will enter the top 10, and much less dethrone FMAB. The anime has it's fair share of haters, thus lowering its score, and, as a manga reader, even I feel that I'd probably give it a 9 at most (I am quite stingy with my scoring).

However, it would be a pleasant surprise if it did end up in the top 10 and dethrone FMAB :)
Mar 11, 2019 3:01 PM

Dec 2017
It would have same condition like gintama(2015). It had one of the best arcs like shogun assassination and farewell shinsengumi arc but it still didn't surpass FMA:B. It might be due to hatred towards series by those people with shitty taste who think it is overrated.
There is 80% chance of happening this with upcoming SNK season. People will just give it a 1 without even watching it.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Mar 11, 2019 6:49 PM
Sep 2018
Attack on Titan? Predictable? *laughs in manga*
Jun 1, 2019 9:42 AM

Oct 2013
romagia said:

You were saying?

Now that half the season is out, I don't think it will get number 1 spot, but number 2 is very possible now.
Jun 1, 2019 9:45 AM

Feb 2013
keragamming said:
romagia said:

You were saying?

Now that half the season is out, I don't think it will get number 1 spot, but number 2 is very possible now.
kids nowadays and their rating inflation.. back when that post was made it wouldnt have happened
Jun 1, 2019 9:46 AM
Apr 2018
it's likely ending up at spot number 2.....the gap between spot 1 and spot 2 is huge so aot is ending up at second spot and also it depends on how people will take next episode and the one after it.....
Jun 1, 2019 9:48 AM

Oct 2013
romagia said:
keragamming said:

You were saying?

kids nowadays and their rating inflation.. back when that post was made it wouldnt have happened

You underestimated this season, I knew this season would be high, but even I had underestimated it, because I predicted 8.75.

The episode 5 is also the highest episode of all time on imdb currently. https://www.imdb.com/search/title?title_type=tv_episode&num_votes=1000,&sort=user_rating,desc

@sharprazorx

Yep the next 2 episode will determine where this will end at, if after those two episode airs and the score is still rising, it could potentially surpass fmab even if its for a short time.
keragammingJun 1, 2019 9:51 AM
Jun 1, 2019 9:50 AM

Feb 2018
It will probably remain in one of the top spots, but it snatching nr 1 is very unlikely
Jun 1, 2019 10:05 AM

Feb 2018
keragamming said:
romagia said:

You underestimated this season, I knew this season would be high, but even I had underestimated it, because I predicted 8.75.

The episode 5 is also the highest episode of all time on imdb currently. https://www.imdb.com/search/title?title_type=tv_episode&num_votes=1000,&sort=user_rating,desc

@sharprazorx

Yep the next 2 episode will determine where this will end at, if after those two episode airs and the score is still rising, it could potentially surpass fmab even if its for a short time.

Nope. The events of episode 7 will make many people give it straight 1/10 because shit taste does exist
Jun 1, 2019 10:10 AM

Nov 2017
No because fmab fanboys won't allow it.
Jun 1, 2019 10:26 AM

Oct 2013
ThatShiny_Hex said:
keragamming said:

@sharprazorx

Nope. The events of episode 7 will make many people give it straight 1/10 because shit taste does exist

That is what a lot manga readers thought as well for season 2 episode 6,
and instead it became one of the most loved episode in the series. So you can never really tell, but let's see how it goes.
Jun 1, 2019 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
I seriously doubt it. I can't talk on the quality of snk season 3 part 2, since I only watched season 1, but FMAB has been considered a classic for many years. Because of that, MAL fans who are biased will refuse to let FMAB be taken over.
Jun 1, 2019 10:32 AM

Feb 2018
keragamming said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:

and instead it became one of the most loved episode in the series. So you can never really tell, but let's see how it goes.

How was the response towards the basement during the manga? I wasn't the part of the community so I don't know; all I know is the current Manga arc became too much polarized.
You have been a part of MAL and AoT fandom since a long time, you might know about this, something about the score of the manga during the basement reveal or uprising.
Jun 1, 2019 10:34 AM

Jan 2019
ItsYaBoiSkana said:

I think it's imposible to do a barely good anime adaptation of Oyasumi punpun or vagabond, one having so unique drawings and ways to tell things and the other having that hiper realistic art style, but jojo will come at some time and 20th century boys its unlikely becoming an anime but it could be good, i mean, monster was and they are from the same artist

Jun 1, 2019 10:36 AM

Sep 2014
I doubt it cuz it's trash. And there's enough people who think that way too, that it's not possible to reach rank 1.
Almost no one says that about fma;b
Jun 1, 2019 10:41 AM

Oct 2013
ThatShiny_Hex said:
keragamming said:

How was the response towards the basement during the manga? I wasn't the part of the community so I don't know; all I know is the current Manga arc became too much polarized.
You have been a part of MAL and AoT fandom since a long time, you might know about this, something about the score of the manga during the basement reveal or uprising.

I would say the majority like it, it was always the minority that hate it, but you know the minority can be very vocal at times.

You can have an idea by looking on the votes for the two chapter discussion revolving around it to give you an idea.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1550766 chapater 85

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1558929 chapter 86

The uprising arc felt more 50/50 imo.

@Imaishi
Thing is most of those people watch only the first season, also I have seen plenty of people that drop snk during season 1/2 and is now caught up because of all the hype and they have said they enjoy this season way more, so there is a possibility that those same person could get a change of heart and love it by time they reach snk season 3 part 2.

All the previous seasons are in the 8.40+ range and this is at 9.12 currently, there must be a reason why this one is being rated more highly than others, this one seems to be ticking all the right box.
keragammingJun 1, 2019 10:48 AM
Jun 1, 2019 10:53 AM

Feb 2018
Imaishi said:
I doubt it cuz it's trash. And there's enough people who think that way too, that it's not possible to reach rank 1.

'me' doesn't represent the whole communities taste as a whole. If that were the case, it wouldn't be 6th atm.

I've seen a lot of people shitting on FMAB preaching on how the original one was better.
keragamming said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:

I would say the majority like it, it was always the minority that hate it, but you know the minority can be very vocal at times.

You can have an idea by looking on the votes for the two chapter discussion revolving around it to give you an idea.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1550766 chapater 85

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1558929 chapter 86

The uprising arc felt more 50/50 imo.

@Imaishi
Thing is most of those people watch only the first season, also I have seen plenty of people that drop snk during season 1/2 and is now caught up because of all the hype and they have said they enjoy this season way more, so there is a possibility that those same person could get a change of heart and love it by time they reach snk season 3 part 2.

All the previous seasons are in the 8.40+ range and this is at 9.12 currently, there must be a reason why this one is being rated more highly than others, this one seems to be ticking all the right box.

Thanks for the reply. Completely agree on the part that haters are minority but are more vocal. That's why I prefer reddit for discussing stuff.
Jun 1, 2019 11:08 AM

Sep 2014
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Imaishi said:

'me' doesn't represent the whole communities taste as a whole. If that were the case, it wouldn't be 6th atm.

I've seen a lot of people shitting on FMAB preaching on how the original one was better.

i was mostly joking, but nevertheless, I believe there's quite a lot of hate going on for SnK, while hate for FMA:B is pretty much non-existent and boilds down to mild '2003 is better' instead.

I mean, I won't deny it's possible but there's been multiple shows getting close and FMA:B always wins in the end. even kimi no na wa didn't rule for long

also reddit is garbage for 'discussion' unless you want your discussion to be circlejerk and unpopular/opposite opinions to disappear. there are no discussions of any value at reddit, not r/anime at the very least
Jun 1, 2019 11:37 AM
Apr 2018
keragamming said:
romagia said:

@sharprazorx

you really get it...just hope the "civilized" community accepts the shit that is about to come and dont say that aot is using nazi themes to progress the story.....i actually think it will happen for some reason
Jun 1, 2019 11:43 AM
Mar 2018
sharprazorx said:
keragamming said:

@sharprazorx

you really get it...just hope the "civilized" community accepts the shit that is about to come and dont say that aot is using nazi themes to progress the story.....i actually think it will happen for some reason

It would he hypocritical of them if they shat at AOT but not Jojo
Jun 1, 2019 11:43 AM

Aug 2016
No, for multiple reasons:
- It is not rank 1 at the moment. Scores usually drop over time, so it already has low chance.
- Anime fandom of FMAB won't allow it (see Your Name, which was rank 1 after it aired, but got a lot of low scores shortly after)
- It is a second part of a third season, which means you have towatch all other seasons before you watch this one. FMAB is one anime instead.The first two seasons are somewhere on 150ish rank, so the third season will most likely end up there as well
- the hype is big now, but as soon as hype ends, snk will receive some more "critical" reviews and scores.
Jun 1, 2019 3:08 PM

Sep 2015
No. 2 seasons after it ends it loses its relevance, the bots move on to the next crap and it's ratings will drop.
Jun 1, 2019 3:36 PM

Dec 2016
If it does it won't last long, FMAB fanboys won't allow it.
Jun 17, 2019 12:07 PM

Oct 2013
Heldengeist said:
No. 2 seasons after it ends it loses its relevance, the bots move on to the next crap and it's ratings will drop.

Where the score drop or not is irrelevant, the twist that happen in the latest episode of snk will make it a timeless classic, not only was the twist great, he execution is a masterpiece, any series that comes up with a similar twist in the future now will either be seen as a copycat or that it was influence by snk.

Snk will cement its self as a timeless classic in the future whether you like it or not. Snk wont lose relevance at all.
Jun 27, 2019 9:35 AM

Jun 2014
It's now at 9.19, the season is about to end, make your final predictions!
*Checks SetsukoHara favorite list.* has one piece as favorite in manga section. Confirm op fanboy. Tries to change subject because I'm talking negative about his favorite series. One piece fanboy logic detected.
Jun 27, 2019 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
It probably will take number 1.

This season is a crowd-pleaser.
I mean, I haven't watched it, but I know what happens because of the manga. And the truth is that SnK really does improve vastly over time. Props where they are due.
Jun 27, 2019 10:23 AM

Nov 2015
Look, I absolutely love Attack on Titan. It was the first anime I ever watched, and my top favorite show. But I would be lying if I thought it could - or that I even wanted to see it - rise to the top.

I love it for purely subjective reasons. I think the first season has definitely earned its #2 spot in the popularity ranking, and it and all of the subsequent seasons afterwards are sitting nice in the mid-8's

However, this new season is definitely outweighed by the simple fact that the only people watching the series anymore are people like me who still enjoy it.

It's the sequel paradox of scoring and I don't think it deserves the top spot on the raking just because of that.
ISOQuorraJun 27, 2019 10:27 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9051 by appledude1221 »»
58 seconds ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

21 by Super-Sugoi »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

36 by piroriparopirira »»
17 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

65 by Sorachin »»
26 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

32 by Soverign »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.