Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 30, 2019 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Enta is not in a good mood.

Interestingly enough, we got a bunch of Chikai this episode after Enta bumped into him. Technically, he's a criminal so I find it rather amusing how he's evading capture. The knife scene when Chikai pushed Enta onto the attacker was hilarious.

A bit of a laidback episode and less crazy humor than usual. What a cliffhanger!
May 30, 2019 1:37 PM

Jun 2015
Oh well, rip dishes
May 30, 2019 1:46 PM
Jul 2013
My main gripe with this anime will be abt how quite well developed Kazuki and Toi's relationship is while Kazuki and Enta's got kicked lol It would be more emotional if Kazuki was actually shown caring abt Enta and then said he is disappointed in him and done with him but since it was all very one sided the viewer is like "well eh its not like you ever cared about him tbh".

I smelled this happening to Enta since episode 3 and after he stole the dishes in ep 7 i was like "yep he is gonna do it next ep". I just hope he survives it but who knows with ikuhara lol.
May 30, 2019 2:30 PM

Apr 2015
That was such a nasty cliffhanger.

Really sad that there is only 3 episodes left.
May 30, 2019 2:35 PM

Jul 2017
Welp, that Enta redemption arc was pretty short.

I'm also wondering how Mabu will use the dishes, because from the op it seems like his one wish will be to have his partner back the way he was before, but that's probably against the otter's orders.
May 30, 2019 2:47 PM

Mar 2016
No, I don't want Enta to die. While I normally hate fake deaths, I think I will accept it here. Hope he is saved somehow; Mabu did say he can still be saved, and Enta hasn't said he likes Kazuki so there might be some hope left.

A Japanese guy had predicted that there were two Keppis, one dark and the other (ours') light, both of whom were sealed. I guess he was right.

I had been wondering who Sara was allied with. So far it looks like she's allied with her own species. However, the spin off manga's story makes me think of other possibilities.

Guess Kuji understands that Enta likes Kazuki.

Kuji looks so vulnerable compared to the previous episodes.

I am angry at Reo for what he did, but I can't even blame him! I can understand why he'd do something like that.

The ankle bracelet connects the three boys in a round circle. I loved that part. Guess that explains Kuji's reaction when he saw the bracelet in episode 3. (Well, it was a different bracelet, but he must have made the connection.)

I wonder why Mabu and Enta's grandma were having tea together. I hope it's just a joke, and not something sinister like the grandma being the head of the Kawauso Teikoku.
FuMomo-kunMay 30, 2019 3:18 PM
May 30, 2019 2:54 PM
May 2016
Switch_Z said:
Oh well, rip dishes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

RIP dish-u
May 30, 2019 2:57 PM
May 2016
I couldn't even say it as a joke... that I hate you

stop miss me with that I'm pissing and shitting and screaming like a baboon and it's all Ikuhara's fault
birdiverseMay 30, 2019 3:01 PM
May 30, 2019 3:28 PM

Apr 2016
I hope that Enta isn't dead. Those cops need some butt kicking. And if I got this right Kazuki and Toi met way back and I wonder why Kazuki can't remember that.
May 30, 2019 3:31 PM

Jan 2017
Now this is what I call good episode, I wonder if Reo and Mabu will be able to make a wish
May 30, 2019 3:47 PM
Nov 2018
God i loved this episode so much. excellent directing and use of soundtrack and as much as i want to hate enta i cant bring myself to. Toi and his brother really shined here aswell.
though im worried if it will be able to wrap up nicely in only 3 more episodes.

Im also curoius on how it will end, because in the last of ikuharas work the characters "disappear" rather than straight up die. This show seems a bit more grounded, (only a bit) so i wonder if it will be the same.
May 30, 2019 4:26 PM

Feb 2017
So no explanation as to why Enta stole the dishes and from what the news crawl was saying it seems Sara was working with the otters until keppi talk to her.
May 30, 2019 4:29 PM

Feb 2019
Dude, what the fuck? Some say they saw that coming, but I definetely did not. Even if it turns out to be a fake day, Enta's "last words" were quite an emotional banger.
May 30, 2019 4:36 PM

Apr 2019
I felt bad for Enta that even though he was gonna repent, Kazuki wasn't in the right state of mind to reason and forgive him.

So, when Toi calling Kazuki, Toi's number was shown as "unregistered" on Kazuki's phone but when Kazuki calling Toi, his number was shown to have a name. Consider that Enta was sticking with Chikai most of the time, there might be an off-screen scene that Enta was the one giving Kazuki's number to Toi and returning to get the dishes (only to get cucked later).

There are things that cannot just be undone that easily.
May 30, 2019 4:45 PM
May 2019
I can't understand why everybody hates what Kazuki done for blaming Enta and forgetting his very first meet with Toi but they understand and defend Reo for what had he done (and Enta tbh, but this time i forgive him after this last ep). Please guys, don't blame Kazuki because many fandom still blame him for his insensitive and his uncaring toward Enta. It's still human error for him (like what you said for Enta's jealousness.)
May 30, 2019 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
So many feels this episode. Sara did everything on purpose...? I don't think she's just an airhead, is she?

And I called Enta being the human sacrifice from the beginning. The parallels between this and
ughh...

I don't even know what to say except that I need to mark my bingo. Toi please come back. DUDE WTF

theshoujoshow said:
Welp, that Enta redemption arc was pretty short.

I'm also wondering how Mabu will use the dishes, because from the op it seems like his one wish will be to have his partner back the way he was before, but that's probably against the otter's orders.

I think he's only obeying the Otter's orders because he wants Mabu to be the way he was. So if Mabu goes back to being what he was, there's no need for them to side with the Otters...

Right now my bingo looks like THIS:

I could've marked suffering already, I guess but I'm expecting something like
I NEED Mabu and Reo to show they're anti-heroes. And to see better the otters to see their craziness and mark Mad Scientists. We're so close now guys...
MaahHeimMay 30, 2019 5:06 PM
May 30, 2019 5:15 PM

Sep 2011
Oh my god, this was such an emotional episode! Kazuki and Toi met once long ago. Toi was the one who gave Kazuki that miçanga, which probably made him start to play soccer, so it was even before he got to know Enta. It hurts that Kazuki forgot all about it when Toi remembers it so clearly. He once gave up what was most precious to him, his dream of being a soccer player, for his brother who also gave up everything for him, and now he is about to give up something precious again.

And I was so mad with Enta. He was mad that Kazuki was mad at him for what he did. He isn't even sorry for it either, and even offers himself to help Toi's brother just to see him away from Kazuki. He said that he would do anything for Kazuki, but also that it's all for nothing "if it bears no fruit", so in the end he would only be acting for himself, and he is even doing things that would make Kazuki sad like making Toi go away. When Toi himself is being considerate of his feelings and isn't even mad that he just wants him far away.

But I guess he 'redeemed' himself by saving Kazuki from the shot like that, and he did try to use the dishes before the incident, but it was already a bit late. I like how he could tell that Toi was lying through the phone though. He wanted to stay, and Kazuki didn't want him to go. Welp, the dishes of hope were taken, Reo and Mabu have mind-controlling brooches, Toi is in a ship going far away, his brother is, or was, a target of Reo and Mabu, and Keppi is frozen solid for now, and it doesn't seem like Sara is working with the cops. I don't know what's going to happen, but I can't wait to find it out!
May 30, 2019 7:08 PM

Oct 2015
Finally Kazuki finally punches Enta, phew! What's more great is that he got shot, but I hope he survives anyhow.

Those otters are really vicious, wonder what will they use the dishes for? Too bad we didn't get the kappa transformations because I kinda like them, they make me happy all the time.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 30, 2019 8:45 PM
May 2019
Sarazanmai would need more episodes and less ikuharaisms to work. The lack of nuance made the scenes in this episode so emotionally manipulative. I couldn't feel a thing for the characters.
May 30, 2019 9:54 PM

Mar 2009
if enta dies for real i change my score from 10 to 9
but there's so much undead shit going on and the plates. and he's not quite officially dead yet though im betting he will die for a time. so. hm. i dont know
May 30, 2019 9:59 PM

Apr 2016
birdiverse said:
I couldn't even say it as a joke... that I hate you

stop miss me with that I'm pissing and shitting and screaming like a baboon and it's all Ikuhara's fault

me! me too! what the fuck!
moe moe ichijou seiya

May 30, 2019 10:38 PM

Feb 2018
Another fire episode

I'm hoping my ship will sail by the end of this short series, but I'm also hoping that Kazuki will acknowledge Enta's feelings to some degree. He seems pretty dense at times so Enta needs to speak tf up already dish.

Also I'm almost hoping Reo casts his wish and gets Mabu's heart or soul back, but don't they still need one more silver dish in order to do that dish?
May 30, 2019 11:14 PM

Apr 2019
So about the "unregistered" number, maybe the trio did exchange their phone numbers and Toi was about to discard his old phone number when he decided to leave Asakusa again, but he couldn't afford to go without leaving anything behind so he called Kazuki with his new phone number probably out of his effort to maintain the connection.
May 31, 2019 12:33 AM

Oct 2017
This would be a new entry on my Prepare to Cry list.
http://i.imgur.com/Yo2NpEd.gif

Poor Enta has been abused for the full series and now this QQ.

Let me elaborate the abuse part abit:
Episode 1~5: His loved one basically ignores him entirely and dismiss him every opportunity he gets.
When Kazuki needs help? Go to Toi
When Kazuki has something he wants to talk about to? Go to Toi.

Episode 7: His loved one shows great affection to his rival, and he is forced to play along with it because if he shows any sense of objection, it'd turn into episode 8 Kazuki. Basically he just fears that his position and Golden duo status would be gone forever.

Episode 8: He got bombarded by the most brutal word he could heard from his loved one (hint: I'm over with you) without a chance to explain himself and chance to makeup the mistake. And then sacrifice himself for his loved one.
Ventus_SMay 31, 2019 12:38 AM
May 31, 2019 2:21 AM

Nov 2018
Can we talk about Mabu making coockies for Reo that was so cute.
I think it will go like this: Reo accepts the new version of Mabu in the end and Enta gets resuscitated. Kazuki and Toi will probably end up together if this is anything like Ikuhara's previous work.
Also, Sara is suspicious. I love everything about this episode, my score went up to 10.
May 31, 2019 3:49 AM

Apr 2019
GlowingAura said:

It just seemed like everything that you thought was going to happen happened. Kazuki being mad at Enta, Kuji having a past with Kazuki, Enta jumping in front of Kazuki to save him, Kuji not answering his phone at the end etc. Even though I still love this show, I feel like this episode was the embodiment of every drama anime ever. The dramatic scene of Kuji hanging up while walking over to the docking area just made me laugh because of how cliché it was.

It's not uninspired if literally most of the previous episodes built up everything for this, and this is just the opening of the last arc.

- Toi's room filled with soccer-related stuffs in the past
- Enta's betrayal, and the reveal of him being a geek that only seeks for love with returns all this time.
- Reo already pinpointing Keppi in ep 7, and him going to the Kappa Plaza square is no surprise.
May 31, 2019 4:27 AM

Jan 2012
MaahHeim said:
So many feels this episode. Sara did everything on purpose...? I don't think she's just an airhead, is she?

"I have something important to tell the prince today, dish. I never would have thought they were behind it, dish... But to me, those two don't seem like bad people."

She most likely wanted to stall Keppi for a while to meet them herself without endangering him or his interference, while giving Keppi the chance to follow up in case something happens? A freezing machine is pretty useful for stalling, dont think it would help much with capturing the otters, but im no Kappa to know that. In any case, yeah she's not an airhead, she didnt even spill her dish.
May 31, 2019 7:00 AM
Apr 2016
ShadowMega said:
So about the "unregistered" number, maybe the trio did exchange their phone numbers and Toi was about to discard his old phone number when he decided to leave Asakusa again, but he couldn't afford to go without leaving anything behind so he called Kazuki with his new phone number probably out of his effort to maintain the connection.

That part was really weird because in ep 7 the trio were shown to have a group chat together so Kazuki definitely knew Toi's number.
May 31, 2019 10:55 AM

Aug 2015
Oh my.
I can't say that I didn't predict all of this, with Ikuni's bingo and YuriKuma, but ... it's just awful.
And I'm so angry and so sad, because Enta really even not had a freaking chance! Everything was predetermined before the first events of the first series! After all, they've met before! Gau Gau!
May 31, 2019 12:21 PM

Jan 2016
oh my god reo why

like I know that he has his own issues atm, but the gloating to Kazuki after shooting Enta and taking the dishes.... christ.

Now im wondering if Enta is actually gonna die, if the dishes will in the end be used to bring him back.

I'm gonna be overthinking this all week now lmao
May 31, 2019 1:30 PM

Sep 2017
but why did they shoot enta? looks kinda pointless. they could've just taken the plates?
May 31, 2019 6:59 PM

Oct 2008
BRAVO! At last! for the first time, there were no reused scenes!
and only 3 episodes left!
Those 2 police (miyano & hosoya) are really on the move! and looks like Kepi know their moves as well and in cahoots with the dish idol!? wow
5/5.

May 31, 2019 7:36 PM

Mar 2016
Well then, I feel like a dyngus not feeling anything from this episode.
At least no stock footage, so they deviated this time around.
May 31, 2019 7:38 PM

Jun 2013
Just when you thought Enta survived that yakuza's knife, he gets shot by Reo.

Anyways, three more episodes left. I wonder how this is going to end. I highly doubt they'll let Enta die, most likely kill off both Reo and Mabu or even make them normal again and by normal I mean without being under the mercy of the otters and Mabu not having a mechanical heart.
臭い-
May 31, 2019 8:18 PM
Aug 2011
Salamak said:
but why did they shoot enta? looks kinda pointless. they could've just taken the plates?

In ep 6, sleep was used on Haruka instead of fire.
It does seem like Reo himself chooses the option but then again he always asks 'desire or love' beforehand so it also kind of seems that the gun itself chooses instead of Reo? Hmm i'm thinking too much about this.

Anyway I can't hate. I look forward to the cops the most.
May 31, 2019 9:56 PM

Oct 2017
stand said:
Salamak said:

In ep 6, sleep was used on Haruka instead of fire.
It does seem like Reo himself chooses the option but then again he always asks 'desire or love' beforehand so it also kind of seems that the gun itself chooses instead of Reo? Hmm i'm thinking too much about this.

Anyway I can't hate. I look forward to the cops the most.

Actually the more I think about it, the more I want that gun.
It reminds me of that Gun from Dangara Ronpa Ultra Despair Girl.
It has sooo many functionality , and can choose it at well :D
May 31, 2019 10:32 PM
Apr 2012
Salamak said:

No he wanted to shoot Kazuki because he had the plates but Enta saved Kazuki.
May 31, 2019 10:44 PM
Mar 2012
Chikai moments were really nice on Toi & the connections. Worst boi got shot before he could redeem himself. Why Kazuki forgetting stuff tho.
May 31, 2019 11:41 PM

Oct 2017
gophercg said:
Chikai moments were really nice on Toi & the connections. Worst boi got shot before he could redeem himself. Why Kazuki forgetting stuff tho.

Tbh I think Kazuki is the worst boy if you look at the full context of the story.
He's basically creating trouble for his own despite all his connection is always there.
(His family loves him , Haruka loves him ,Enta loves him, Toi "probably" love him too)
This is why at episode 7 , even though NOTHING really changes (Haruka is still crippled, his parents are still not blood related), but he became much more cheerful and relieved at episode 7. Not to mention his "support" which is Enta and Toi is always there from the beginning, he just didn't choose to seek help from them.
Let's see how he redeems himself then.

Enta is actually quite relatable and it's hard to truly hate him.
When people are blinded with love, especially at a younger age who doesn't know better, all his action kinda make sense and very relatable.
Ventus_SMay 31, 2019 11:47 PM
May 31, 2019 11:45 PM

Dec 2015
Finally, the second kepi was baptized ! "black kepi", couldn't be simpler, right?

4/5

Alala... even when there's no occasion to have "best girl" antics, people still find a way... "worst boi/y" really?

@MaahHeim I thought that the "otter scientist" in previous eps would be enough to cross your Tomoe square. Not sure you'll get more.

Jun 1, 2019 12:12 AM
Apr 2016
Ventus_S said:
gophercg said:

Tbh I think Kazuki is the worst boy if you look at the full context of the story.
He's basically creating trouble for his own despite all his connection is always there.
(His family loves him , Haruka loves him ,Enta loves him, Toi "probably" love him too)
This is why at episode 7 , even though NOTHING really changes (Haruka is still crippled, his parents are still not blood related), but he became much more cheerful and relieved at episode 7. Not to mention his "support" which is Enta and Toi is always there from the beginning, he just didn't choose to seek help from them.
Let's see how he redeems himself then.

Enta is actually quite relatable and it's hard to truly hate him.
When people are blinded with love, especially at a younger age who doesn't know better, all his action kinda make sense and very relatable.

Seriously? Why is everyone trying to place blame on one character? This show is not a contest for who is the most "morally pure".

It's not just Kazuki, literally everyone's issues can be solved by just talking to each other, which is the point of the show. Kazuki is a great character- he makes mistakes, but it's understandable why he does things. It's pretty normal to blame yourself when it was your fault that someone you loved became disabled. Everyone in the show does shitty things but they have sympathetic motives. Just enjoy the ride dude.
Jun 1, 2019 12:37 AM

Jan 2015
I mean, I liked this episode. But I’m so frustrated, everything from Toi’s leaving town to Enta’s death could have been executed 10x times better
XenocrisiJun 5, 2019 10:38 AM
Jun 1, 2019 5:35 AM

Apr 2014
Goddamn why won't this show ever give my boy Enta a break man? This dude trying to show some affection to his boy and Ikuhara is just like " Nah fam, we can't let you do that"
Jun 1, 2019 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
Current state: devastation.
Jun 1, 2019 4:15 PM
Mar 2015
Oh no ,they killed Kenny
Jun 1, 2019 4:15 PM
Nov 2011
Aastra343 said:
Dude, what the fuck? Some say they saw that coming, but I definetely did not. Even if it turns out to be a fake day, Enta's "last words" were quite an emotional banger.

The moment you're a green colored character in an Ikuni work with a canonical crush you're doomed to die.
I don't make the rules.
This literally happened to Lulu too.
ButsherevivedasEnta'sexpysistersomaybein30yearswhenIkunirealeasesanotheranimuhemightcomeback.
Jun 1, 2019 4:22 PM

Feb 2019
KirisameMaricha said:
Aastra343 said:

The moment you're a green colored character in an Ikuni work with a canonical crush you're doomed to die.
I don't make the rules.
This literally happened to Lulu too.
ButsherevivedasEnta'sexpysistersomaybein30yearswhenIkunirealeasesanotheranimuhemightcomeback.

Welp, guess I gotta watch more of his shows then so I'm not that surprised thirty years in the future lol.
Jun 1, 2019 4:47 PM

Feb 2019
lol this show got dark asf.

also Toi's brother is hot
Jun 1, 2019 8:30 PM

Aug 2017
Is Enta going to die?

3 episodes left. Can't wait.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 2, 2019 7:22 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Bulls, this episode turned dark real fast, it had so much stuff packed along it was overwhelming to some degree.
You'd think Toi's departure was going to be enough a hassle, and then all the drama with Kazuki and Enta happened, and not long after their fight, boom.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2019

314 by Zam2202 »»
Dec 22, 2023 4:15 AM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2019

186 by thegoishady »»
Aug 7, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2019

140 by 3miL »»
Apr 29, 2023 10:06 PM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2019

70 by nifetiseBOY »»
Feb 11, 2023 5:02 AM

» Is this tagged as yaoi?

FragileGlass - May 6, 2019

12 by Teirayo »»
Feb 25, 2022 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.