Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
May 28, 2019 11:19 PM

Aug 2018
Entering the last moments of the battle of Shiganshina, what do you think will be the secrets that the basement of Eren's father will reveal to us?
Share your prediction (no matter how crazy it was), who will be closer to the truth?

PLEASE, ONLY NOT MANGA READERS
(Sorry for my bad English)
May 28, 2019 11:35 PM

Feb 2019
I've kinda lost interest in AOT now that they are just making things up as they progress the story. Like what the hell is the Coordinate power? Seems like a convenient plot device to me. I wasn't really happy with the titan shifting powers either but I accepted it and now they expect me to believe that Eren has the power to control titans? I call BS.

So about the basement, it's probably gonna be some weird made up shit like how titans are humanities' experiment gone wrong or something.
May 29, 2019 12:08 AM
Jul 2018
This thread ain't a good idea, as people might reveal what happens under the guise of a prediction.
May 29, 2019 12:34 AM
Jul 2018
Pragyan1 said:
I've kinda lost interest in AOT now that they are just making things up as they progress the story. Like what the hell is the Coordinate power? Seems like a convenient plot device to me. I wasn't really happy with the titan shifting powers either but I accepted it and now they expect me to believe that Eren has the power to control titans? I call BS.

So about the basement, it's probably gonna be some weird made up shit like how titans are humanities' experiment gone wrong or something.

what the hell is the coodinate power? You'll find that out soon in this season.
May 29, 2019 12:40 AM
Nov 2017
Pragyan1 said:

Dude, wdym "making things up"? What's happening is that you don't have all the necessary information you need to make sense out of certain things, which is how Attack on Titan has always been, and always will be
May 29, 2019 3:23 AM
Jul 2018
Pragyan1 said:

Then I don't know what sort of plot points you're looking for in a story. If the Coordinate was a device for plot, then practically all the popular mystery shows just use convenient plot devices.
May 29, 2019 3:28 AM

Feb 2019
ABDoesThings said:
Then I don't know what sort of plot points you're looking for in a story. If the Coordinate was a device for plot, then practically all the popular mystery shows just use convenient plot devices.

I don't see any plot devices in Berserk, Monster, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Mushishi etc. My point is that there should've been some sort of foreshadowing, some kind of hint that a convenient power like "coordinate" exists. Like there has been a lot of foreshadowing for the basement, thus it feels more like a necessity for plot progression than a plot device to haphazardly further the story.
May 29, 2019 3:54 AM

May 2019
Supposed to be im not a manga reader but when that basement reveal chapter was released, i happened to check it out of curiosity. Oddly i didnt feel spoiled. It gave me more questions instead if answers that's why i love this show so much. But before that, my prediction was that this basement is like a secret access, just like the church where eren was kept underground by rod reiss because the location is like "hilly"? i think. Ofc no telling what happened to my prediction 😊😊😊
May 29, 2019 4:05 AM

May 2019
Pragyan1 said:
ABDoesThings said:

I don't see any plot devices in Berserk, Monster, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Mushishi etc. My point is that there should've been some sort of foreshadowing, some kind of hint that a convenient power like "coordinate" exists. Like there has been a lot of foreshadowing for the basement, thus it feels more like a necessity for plot progression than a plot device to haphazardly further the story.

Not all anime have similar ways of presenting the plot. but if you think there's no foreshadowing of this coordinate power, you are wrong, from the first season, why do think the titan shifters watched over eren from the very first day of training? Why do they want to have eren that much? ..alive?
May 29, 2019 4:12 AM
Jul 2018
Pragyan1 said:
ABDoesThings said:

"Convenient" is a matter of perspective unique to you and not other people. As far as I know, the power of the coordinate is so convenient that Eren has only been able to use it once. This whole ordeal of foreshadowing is also bogus. Then there wouldn't be anything like a surprise. If you're seeing the coordinate as your typical battle shounen MC powerup shit. You're quite wrong. As far as we know Eren's father ate the Founding Titan and then Eren ate his father. Before that the existence of the power of the Founding Titan was a complete secret. If something's existence isn't even known, how is it supposed to be foreshadowed.
removed-userMay 29, 2019 4:18 AM
May 29, 2019 4:20 AM

Feb 2019
ABDoesThings said:
Pragyan1 said:

"Convenient" is a matter of perspective unique to you and not other people. As far as I know, the power of the coordinate is so convenient that Eren has only been able to use it once. What a convenient power.

It's convenient because it was never introduced or even hinted upon and it ended up saving Eren and Mikasa from a life or death situation. I liked it more when there weren't any titan shifters and humans fought with ODM gear instead of duking it out like some Dragon Ball Z characters.
May 29, 2019 4:25 AM
Jul 2018
Pragyan1 said:
ABDoesThings said:
"Convenient" is a matter of perspective unique to you and not other people. As far as I know, the power of the coordinate is so convenient that Eren has only been able to use it once. What a convenient power.

It's convenient because it was never introduced or even hinted upon and it ended up saving Eren and Mikasa from a life or death situation. I liked it more when there weren't any titan shifters and humans fought with ODM gear instead of duking it out like some Dragon Ball Z characters.
So you'd rather have them die at that moment and have the story end there? I don't know also, we've seen the Beast Titan control Titans before the coordinate so it makes sense that some titan shifters can control titans. Why not Eren?
May 29, 2019 4:33 AM
May 2019
@Pragyan1

Saying they fight like dbz characters is a big, BIG reach my dude, I dont see them flying into space or other universes and still punching the hell out of each other, lol. The anime you're thinking about that became like dbz near its end is Naruto, not AOT. Also, the co-ordinate is barely used in the story, so it really, really shouldnt be bothering you that much, especially since eren constantly fails to use it after season 2. I can understand it could be an issue if he just had it mastered 100% upon unlocking it, but he didn't.
May 29, 2019 4:42 AM
Apr 2019
Pragyan1 said:
ABDoesThings said:

I don't know what kind of foreshadowing you want, but the fact that RBA so intent to have Eren, even more so than ymir, even though both are shifter, show how special Eren titan was. They even abort mission to tore down wall rose after seeing Eren titan
May 29, 2019 5:03 AM
Apr 2017
Pragyan1 said:
ABDoesThings said:

Ayann said:
Pragyan1 said:

Not all anime have similar ways of presenting the plot. but if you think there's no foreshadowing of this coordinate power, you are wrong, from the first season, why do think the titan shifters watched over eren from the very first day of training? Why do they want to have eren that much? ..alive?

actually they didnt know eren had that power at that time bro....
they maybe just wanted his titan power
May 29, 2019 5:17 AM

Oct 2013
Pragyan1 said:

Manga reader here, not going to spoil about the basement, Just going to show you this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Ay1yunM0w&t=58s

The coordinate was foreshadowed, just read between the lines, "Recapture wall maria and make it to the basement no matter what, at that time, this power will aid you, I'm sure their memories will teach you how to use it."

If you read his dialogue carefully you will realise that he is not referring about his titan shifting power as he clearly said, after Eren make it to the basement, that is the time this power will aid him, aka the coordinate their memories will teach you how to use it.

Snk has a lot of subtle foreshadowing in it, which makes it a good rewatch value, its easy to miss these details, most folks thought it was about his titan shifting powers.

@ABDoesThings
@Weebover9000
@Tiago_Cunha
@mizuharaaya
@Youliga

There is his answer to the coordinate not having any foreshadowing, right now Eren doesn't know how to use it.

@Ayann
That is actually another foreshadowing, but he wanted something more concrete, so I gave him the above one. Plus that is not concrete enough, he could counter your argument saying that they want Eren because he is also a titan shifter.
keragammingMay 29, 2019 5:35 AM
May 29, 2019 5:21 AM

May 2019
Tiago_Cunha said:
Pragyan1 said:

Ayann said:

Im not saying that they did know about eren. It's just that it's a good foreshadowing of the show for something big, something extraordinary, all of the attempts of kidnapping him, the way annie cried in the forest, all of the other soldiers' sacrifices, eren's not there just to become a weapon or to seal holes right?
May 29, 2019 5:29 AM
Jul 2018
keragamming said:
Pragyan1 said:

Manga reader here, not going to spoil about the basement, Just going to show you this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Ay1yunM0w&t=58s

The coordinate was foreshadowed, just read between the lines, "Recapture wall maria and make it to the basement no matter what, at that time, this power will aid you, I'm sure their memories will teach you how to use it."

If you read his dialogue carefully you will realise that he is not referring about his titan shifting power as he clearly said, after Eren make it to the basement, that is the time this power will aid you, aka the coordinate their memories will teach you how to use it.

Snk has a lot of subtle foreshadowing in it, which makes it a good rewatch value, its easy to miss these details, most folks thought it was about his titan shifting powers.

@ABDoesThings
@Weebover9000
@Tiago_Cunha
@mizuharaaya
@Youliga

There is his answer to the coordinate not having any foreshadowing, right now Eren doesn't know how to use it.

@Ayann
That is actually another foreshadowing, but he wanted something more concrete, so I gave him the above one.
I'm a manga reader so I didn't want to spoil him.
May 29, 2019 5:31 AM
Jul 2018
Ayann said:
Tiago_Cunha said:

Im not saying that they did know about eren. It's just that it's a good foreshadowing of the show for something big, something extraordinary, all of the attempts of kidnapping him, the way annie cried in the forest, all of the other soldiers' sacrifices, eren's not there just to become a weapon or to seal holes right?
whether or not they would've taken Eren whether or not he had the coordinate.
May 29, 2019 5:33 AM

Oct 2013
@ABDoesThings

That is not spoiling though, nothing was spoiled, this is all foreshadowing from the first season.
May 29, 2019 5:37 AM

May 2019
keragamming said:
Pragyan1 said:

If you read his dialogue carefully you will realise that he is not referring about his titan shifting power as he clearly said, after Eren make it to the basement, that is the time this power will aid you, aka the coordinate their memories will teach you how to use it.

@ABDoesThings
@Weebover9000
@Tiago_Cunha
@mizuharaaya
@Youliga

@Ayann
That is actually another foreshadowing, but he wanted something more concrete, so I gave him the above one.

Omg i almost forgot grisha said that. Thanks!
Yo eren do something,
May 29, 2019 6:20 AM

May 2015
I realize now that prior to reading manga I actually didn't focus much on thinking about it. I knew that some things would be explained for sure.
(In case you consider my previous opinion a spoiler of what not happened)
May 29, 2019 10:02 AM
Jan 2019
Pragyan1 said:

I can assure you that you are misunderestimating isayama writing skills
May 29, 2019 10:06 AM

Feb 2018
Pragyan1 said:

Wtf dude. Did you even pay attention to the story because the forshadowing has been too much.
You should watch the season till the end because everything will connect together in the end.
May 29, 2019 10:29 AM

Aug 2012
Back in 2013 there was a fake "leaked basement reveal"

"The titans were created over a hundred years ago as a weapon against humanity by Dr. Kichirou Moto. His motivation was revenge for his murdered wife and son from religious zealots that did not like the fact that Dr. Kichirou Moto was conducting research that could be viewed as being sacrilegious. On the night of the murder, Dr. Kichirou Moto home was set on fire by a religious group in the hopes of killing Dr. Moto. Unfortunately for the zealots, Dr. Kichirou Moto was still at his laboratory conducting research throughout the night. Upon returning home, Dr. Kichirou Moto watched in horror as his house burnt to the ground with religious zealots surrounding it. He knew that if he approached them it would mean certain death and he could no longer obtain revenge for his murdered family. He went into exile and constructed a hidden laboratory so that he could continue his research. He was able to develop a mutant potion that could be introduced into the water supply so that it would turn humans into enormous, but mindless killers. His justification for his actions was that humanity was becoming too religious and needed to be exterminated. In place of humanity, the doctor created a new race with individuals who were not a part of any religious order and who did not believe in the existence of a god. To avoid being killed by the titans that he created, he gave his followers as well as himself a potion that would allow them to shift into titan form that was many times stronger than normal titans.

These shape shifting titans built a base so that normal titans could not pose a danger to the shape shifting titans. Their goal was to wait within the walls until humans were all eliminated by the titans. This plan would allow the shape shifting titans to avoid battle with humans and thus saving them from losing lives on their already low numbers. The problem was that their hidden location was discovered by a sizable human army which could have meant the total destruction of these shape shifting titans. To avoid this, it was agreed that the shape shifting titans should stay in human form and relocate to a new location.

At the time, these shape shifting titans could not destroy the humans completely because they had well equipped and highly skilled fighters within their army. As time passed, humans began to take their titan threat less seriously so that their defense force were smaller in number and were less skilled. Sensing this weakness, the shape shifting titans decided it was the right time to attack and make an entrance for the regular titans.

Dr. Grisha Yeager is a shape shifter himself who fell in love with a non-shape shifter. Although Dr. Yeager is a shape shifter, he did not share the hate that his fellow shape shifters had for humanity. This is evident when he cured a plague that was befalling humanity. After the attacks on wall rose which he was not notified beforehand, he injected his son with the shape shifting potion so that he would not die as easily as his wife did."
May 29, 2019 10:37 AM
Jun 2017
if AOT was all about humans fighting and trying to survive titans,it would get boring eventually,so thank god,you weren't the writer of this story lol
May 29, 2019 10:59 AM

Oct 2013
Funseco said:

"The titans were created over a hundred years ago as a weapon against humanity by Dr. Kichirou Moto. His motivation was revenge for his murdered wife and son from religious zealots that did not like the fact that Dr. Kichirou Moto was conducting research that could be viewed as being sacrilegious. On the night of the murder, Dr. Kichirou Moto home was set on fire by a religious group in the hopes of killing Dr. Moto. Unfortunately for the zealots, Dr. Kichirou Moto was still at his laboratory conducting research throughout the night. Upon returning home, Dr. Kichirou Moto watched in horror as his house burnt to the ground with religious zealots surrounding it. He knew that if he approached them it would mean certain death and he could no longer obtain revenge for his murdered family. He went into exile and constructed a hidden laboratory so that he could continue his research. He was able to develop a mutant potion that could be introduced into the water supply so that it would turn humans into enormous, but mindless killers. His justification for his actions was that humanity was becoming too religious and needed to be exterminated. In place of humanity, the doctor created a new race with individuals who were not a part of any religious order and who did not believe in the existence of a god. To avoid being killed by the titans that he created, he gave his followers as well as himself a potion that would allow them to shift into titan form that was many times stronger than normal titans.

These shape shifting titans built a base so that normal titans could not pose a danger to the shape shifting titans. Their goal was to wait within the walls until humans were all eliminated by the titans. This plan would allow the shape shifting titans to avoid battle with humans and thus saving them from losing lives on their already low numbers. The problem was that their hidden location was discovered by a sizable human army which could have meant the total destruction of these shape shifting titans. To avoid this, it was agreed that the shape shifting titans should stay in human form and relocate to a new location.

At the time, these shape shifting titans could not destroy the humans completely because they had well equipped and highly skilled fighters within their army. As time passed, humans began to take their titan threat less seriously so that their defense force were smaller in number and were less skilled. Sensing this weakness, the shape shifting titans decided it was the right time to attack and make an entrance for the regular titans.

Dr. Grisha Yeager is a shape shifter himself who fell in love with a non-shape shifter. Although Dr. Yeager is a shape shifter, he did not share the hate that his fellow shape shifters had for humanity. This is evident when he cured a plague that was befalling humanity. After the attacks on wall rose which he was not notified beforehand, he injected his son with the shape shifting potion so that he would not die as easily as his wife did."

I remember this lmao, A decent theory at the time, but had plenty of plot hole that person pointed out back in 2013, its decent but also generic at the same time. Basically what your average viewers would predict.
May 29, 2019 11:03 AM
Feb 2019
Anime viewer only here.

One thing I've heard too much is that the basement reveal was a huge twist, and we've already been told the idea of titans being humans, so I don't think the basement reveal will be centered on that, maybe related to it but no more; about the true nature of the basement reveal, I have absolutely no idea, at this point of the story it could be anything, that's the reason for which I've been waiting the episode 7 since the title reveal, it's that episode which will define everything. Last but not least, it has become spam at this point, but I've heard that this twist is really good, so I'm taking the risk and trusting the people who have said it till tiredness, hoping it to be as they state.

Funseco said:

After reading this and thinking it slowly, I think that the basement reveal could be related to the first(s) titan(s), how... I don't know? As I said before, the twist can be practically anything, but this would be good as it would explain things as the reason behind shifting titans, behind the titans resting in the nigth, behind the walls and it's relation with the titans and behind everything in other words.
mafd12May 29, 2019 11:16 AM
May 29, 2019 11:33 AM
May 2019
Pragyan1 said:

Man you can’t judge now, but after the reveal you’ll know how well written this story is. Especially the coordinate power and why EXACTLY at that moment and not any other moment, there’s a reason for that. Also why he couldn’t use it any other time even if he wanted.
May 30, 2019 4:44 AM

Jan 2009
all im gonna say as a manga reader is the basement reveal is controversial among manga readers too

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.