Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 27, 2019 6:06 PM
Feb 2019
Isn't it strange that all of a sudden one of Chernobyl's episodes got 10 too? Why now?
May 27, 2019 6:27 PM

May 2018
crybabynes said:
Isn't it strange that all of a sudden one of Chernobyl's episodes got 10 too? Why now?

No sudden. It has always been 10.0 from the beginning, just the number of votes didn't reach 1,000 until a moment ago.
The Conviction Arc is even better than the Golden Age Arc.
May 27, 2019 6:30 PM
Feb 2019
Boot_Leg said:
crybabynes said:

No sudden. It has always been 10.0 from the beginning, just the number of votes didn't reach 1,000 until a moment ago.

Okay now I get it, I have been checking the list for days and it just appeared today.
May 27, 2019 6:30 PM

Nov 2014
crybabynes said:
well its top rated #1 on imdb, so yea a lot of fanboys on that series
May 27, 2019 6:40 PM
Mar 2019
Comander-07 said:
Hey all, just wanted to inform you that IMDB has Attack on Titan season 3 episode 5 "Hero" with a clean 10.0 score, which sets it on top of all other TV episodes ever.

https://www.imdb.com/search/title?title_type=tv_episode&num_votes=1000,&sort=user_rating,desc

Sure it has only a small amount of ratings compared to the other big players, but its impressive anyway.
WOW episode 5, the top 1 rating on IMDB, it's really hard to believe, this proves that AOT so popular in the world, damn it I can't wait to buy Bluray BD right away
May 27, 2019 6:46 PM

Feb 2019
the score will drop down eventually, I remember the saga of Tanya the evil movie having a score of 10 but it's down to 8

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

May 27, 2019 7:01 PM
Nov 2017
It's 9.9 right now.
Damn, 7+% of 1 star voters. I understand people have different preferences and may not like the show, but the episode absolutely did not deserve a score of 1/10.
May 27, 2019 7:24 PM

Nov 2013
Well Deserved ! I was speechless
May 27, 2019 7:29 PM
Jun 2017
it deserves it.. and by the way i have checked the site and impressive both ep 4 and 5 got an amazing high rating for an anime... yeah!!!
May 27, 2019 8:27 PM
Apr 2019
The score is now 9.9 on IMDB, Just saw some 1/10 comments. Lol half of them are just simply to bring down the score, some are manga readers dissapointed and one person wrote "one piece is better than attack on titan. This show doesn't deserve to be praised"
May 27, 2019 8:38 PM

Dec 2015
LMAO, it got passed by the new Chernobyl episode. don't downvote that one now guys, be the bigger man (70 1s atm js)
no
May 27, 2019 8:45 PM

Oct 2013
Roronoa said:
LMAO, it got passed by the new Chernobyl episode. don't downvote that one now guys, be the bigger man (70 1s atm js)

I'm more interested in mal rating tbh, idbm is a great achievement but I knew it wouldn't last long. Plus other snk episodes got 9.8, its not really that hard to be rated highly on idbm imo.

Necroshade_ said:
Shingeki no Kyojin confirmed as the most overrated anime ever, this episode was really boring tbh.

Yeah heard that since 2013, nothing new, if it reach number 1 on mal I want to see you bitch how overrated it is for the 900th time, maybe you could spice it up a bit by using terms like "super overrated", "mega overrated" "ultra overrated" etc.
keragammingMay 27, 2019 8:49 PM
May 27, 2019 8:47 PM

Dec 2015
keragamming said:
Roronoa said:

I'm more interested in mal rating tbh, idbm is a great achievement but I knew it wouldn't last long. Plus other snk episodes got 9.8, its not really that hard to be rated highly on idbm imo.

fr tho, especially since DBZ is probably like their top 5 anime hahah
no
May 27, 2019 8:48 PM

May 2018
keragamming said:
Roronoa said:

MAL mean score of this episode is 9.866 now. A little bit disappointing I'd say.
May 27, 2019 8:56 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Boot_Leg said:
FYI:
It's also likely the highest rated episode on MAL right now
With a 96.46% rate of five stars and a mean score of 9.878
Nah, some Gintama episodes have higher ones, such as episode 142 of the original series, episode 36 of Gintama°. Gintama: Enchousen episodes 7-9 all have 96.5%+, with Episode 7 having the highest score of 97.44%. There's a lot of 96%+ in Gintama, such as episode 40 of Gintama° and some other ones in Gintama' that I forgot about. I think episode 10 of Gintama' is also higher. Nothing from Gintama. and onwards tho i think.
May 27, 2019 8:57 PM

Nov 2014
maybe it would habe stayed at 10 if this thread didnt exist.
May 27, 2019 9:00 PM

May 2018
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Nah, some Gintama episodes have higher ones, such as episode 142 of the original series, episode 36 of Gintama°. Gintama: Enchousen episodes 7-9 all have 96.5%+, with Episode 7 having the highest score of 97.44%. There's a lot of 96%+ in Gintama, such as episode 40 of Gintama° and some other ones in Gintama' that I forgot about. I think episode 10 of Gintama' is also higher. Nothing from Gintama. and onwards tho i think.

So do you think the Enchousen Ep 7 is the highest rating episode ever on MAL? The mean score of that one is 9.91.
By the way the mean score of Gintama original series 142 is only 9.83.
Boot_LegMay 27, 2019 9:03 PM
May 27, 2019 9:03 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Boot_Leg said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

So do you think the Enchousen Ep 7 is the highest rating episode ever on MAL? The mean score of that one is 9.91.
It's the highest in Gintama. I remember Gintama episode 99 being 97.81% a long time ago, but I think it's in the 96% range now. Not sure if any anime has an episode with a higher rating. Maybe something niche with only a couple of votes may get 100%, like some manga chapters out there.
May 27, 2019 9:05 PM

Oct 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Boot_Leg said:
FYI:
It's also likely the highest rated episode on MAL right now
With a 96.46% rate of five stars and a mean score of 9.878

Speaking of Gintama, snk season 3 part 2 is slowly eating them all up in the top ranking. Not to brag, just notice it after you mention Gintama.
May 27, 2019 9:08 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
keragamming said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Speaking of Gintama, snk season 3 part 2 is slowly eating them all up in the top ranking. Not to brag, just notice it after you mention Gintama.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the next episode might push it to the top three. Not sure what might happen after it finishes tho, since most series tend to see a minor decline. SnK S3 P2 will probably be a 9+ regardless tho.
May 27, 2019 9:08 PM

May 2018
GoldenDevilGamer said:
It's the highest in Gintama. I remember Gintama episode 99 being 97.81% a long time ago, but I think it's in the 96% range now. Not sure if any anime has an episode with a higher rating. Maybe something niche with only a couple of votes may get 100%, like some manga chapters out there.

I guess that's pretty much the boss. I checked the mean score of the rest several episodes you mentioned and they are all around 9.85 or so.
May 27, 2019 9:09 PM

Oct 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
keragamming said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the next episode might push it to the top three. Not sure what might happen after it finishes tho, since most series tend to see a minor decline. SnK S3 P2 will probably be a 9+ regardless tho.

Nah, I would bet my money that its getting the number 2 spot before the next episode airs. The good thing about this season is that it will have a ending which imo will please most viewers, which will make it different from the other season, I think most persons will be satisfied by time this season ends, so that may be the reason it will stay in the 9 range, but first I have to see how it will do when the big reveals happen.
May 27, 2019 9:25 PM
Aug 2016
>Game of Thrones
>Steven Universe

Wow! what a shit ass list that is
May 27, 2019 9:25 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Boot_Leg said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

I guess that's pretty much the boss. I checked the mean score of the rest several episodes you mentioned and they are all around 9.85 or so.
Yeah, then that's the highest I guess for an episode with at least more than 20 votes I guess.

keragamming said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Nah, I would bet my money that its getting the number 2 spot before the next episode airs. The good thing about this season is that it will have a ending which imo will please most viewers, which will make it different from the other season, I think most persons will be satisfied by time this season ends, so that may be the reason it will stay in the 9 range, but first I have to see how it will do when the big reveals happen.
Your prob right as it already went up by 0.05 in a day. But if it doesn't, then Episode 6 definitely will. The end half of the arc is more story-heavy tho, so idk how appealing that will be to a certain group of the audience (the one's that hated on the last arc for not having enough action).
May 27, 2019 9:34 PM
Oct 2018
Not anymore. Down to 9.8 šŸ˜Ŗ
May 27, 2019 9:34 PM

May 2018
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Yeah, then that's the highest I guess for an episode with at least more than 20 votes I guess.

You know what, I'm afraid that all the episodes we've discussed over here would get downvoted by trolls lol
May 27, 2019 9:38 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Boot_Leg said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

You know what, I'm afraid that all the episodes we've discussed over here would get downvoted by trolls lol
It probably will, lol. We might see a new highest-rated episode now XD
May 27, 2019 9:48 PM

Oct 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Boot_Leg said:

keragamming said:

Your prob right as it already went up by 0.05 in a day. But if it doesn't, then Episode 6 definitely will. The end half of the arc is more story-heavy tho, so idk how appealing that will be to a certain group of the audience (the one's that hated on the last arc for not having enough action).

I think this was enough action to satisfy the fans.
May 27, 2019 11:56 PM

Oct 2018
500+ 1/10 ratings now

It's funny that these idiot haters think it counts at all.
IMDB has a way better algorithm than MAL, it knows exactly if the votes are actual opinions of people or just hate votes, so it won't count them in the overall rating.

Even if it had 10k 1/10, the score would still remain 9.9(as it is currently), so you're just wasting your time haters.

-Aincrad-May 28, 2019 12:31 AM
May 28, 2019 12:05 AM

Feb 2015
The score will definitely drop. The ignorant idiots who think that the show can't be criticized and the only ones bashing it are ''Haterz'' clearly don't have the intelligence to even figure out how score weighing works.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
May 28, 2019 12:06 AM

Jan 2013
Danpmss said:
CondemneDio said:

No true scotsman fallacy right here.
"No one who actually watched the episode would..." is not logically sound. You're making assumptions, and that's the biggest mistake one can make.

Well, that's a false equivalency fallacy from you right there, the quoted user never once assumed that anyone who actually watched would or would not rate it poorly. Don't call out fallacies if you are going to commit one yourself, pal.

The way I read it is that "no-one who has watched the episode would rate it 3 or below", which is a fallacy. Guess you read it another way.
May 28, 2019 1:44 AM

May 2016
It is because the shock value of this episode makes fanboys to overrate it, and overrate the show too. The "Shingeki-cult" will give 10/10, no matter what, no matter how mistakes and flaws the show has.

It is a disgrace to the other top10 series that Shingeki is one of them.

And now you will call me hater... I don't think I am a hater, I rated the previous seasons 7, 8, and 7.
-
May 28, 2019 1:53 AM

Jul 2012
CondemneDio said:
Danpmss said:

Well, that's a false equivalency fallacy from you right there, the quoted user never once assumed that anyone who actually watched would or would not rate it poorly. Don't call out fallacies if you are going to commit one yourself, pal.

The way I read it is that "no-one who has watched the episode would rate it 3 or below", which is a fallacy. Guess you read it another way.

I mean, there's only one way of reading that, and "As of now, a bunch of people scored it poorly, and I'm positive almost all of them haven't watched either the series or the episode in question." is very, very different from "As of now, a bunch of people scored poorly, and they would never have done so if they actually watched the episode", which is what you are ironically making assumptions about and calling out the person as if they were the one making assumptions.

The user is stating that almost all of the people scoring it poorly likely didn't watch it, which is true enough on itself, you can't even see any justificable 1 star review in the whole list that would actually show any of those scores to actually be legitimate at least as of now, compared to a tsunami of positive reviews that actually at least appear to be written by people who watched and liked it. It's not an assumption, it's a deduction.

And repeating, what you are doing in other hand is an assumption about him making an assumption regarding what the people who rate it poorly would think of the show if they actually watched it, which not true nor even an argument in here to begin with (unless the user states so, that is, but never really did). That's about all there is to say really.
May 28, 2019 1:58 AM

Oct 2018
SheevPalpatine said:
It is because the shock value of this episode makes fanboys to overrate it, and overrate the show too. The "Shingeki-cult" will give 10/10, no matter what, no matter how mistakes and flaws the show has.

And now you will call me hater... I don't think I am a hater, I rated the previous seasons 7, 8, and 7.

If anyone calls you a hater, that's because you ARE one.

You call an anime overrated and people who like it fanboys just because you don't like it.

That's a hater.

You're just not the worst type of them then
May 28, 2019 2:01 AM

May 2016
-Aincrad- said:
SheevPalpatine said:

If anyone calls you a hater, that's because you ARE one.

You call an anime overrated and people who like it fanboys just because you don't like it.

That's a hater.

You're just not the worst type of them then

If I would be a hater, I would rated this 1/10 to compensate the 10/10
-
May 28, 2019 2:32 AM

Jul 2012
SheevPalpatine said:

You are entitled to your own opinion, and as long as you have something to add to a discussion, your arguments are about as valid and open to debate as any comment singing praises to it, superficially or not. So yeah, as long as you are more specific about why is that so and what are people ignoring, I don't think anyone in here will call you a hater, much for the contrary, they are very likely to either defend against or "negotiate" regarding your point of view and how many significant or not flaws it actually has or may not have in an overview of the whole content (which of course, you will be the one providing as your basis of critique). Just be prepared to a proper discussion, as for is the purpose of this forum.

Assuming that people are solely easily impressed by some "shock value" and overrating the series is not too different of people assuming you are a hater because you find flaws on it, regardless of what score you may have for the series (it's your arguments and your own opinion regarding the series that counts, not some random numbers representing your overall feeling for it, anyway).
DanpmssMay 28, 2019 2:37 AM
May 28, 2019 2:43 AM

May 2016
Danpmss said:
So yeah, as long as you are more specific about why is that so and what are people ignoring, I don't think anyone in here will call you a hater

I did it many times, but barely got "normal" and intelligent answers here unfortunately.
-
May 28, 2019 3:14 AM

Jul 2012
SheevPalpatine said:
Danpmss said:
So yeah, as long as you are more specific about why is that so and what are people ignoring, I don't think anyone in here will call you a hater

I did it many times, but barely got "normal" and intelligent answers here unfortunately.

Reading some of your forum posts from your profile, I can't say your arguments are much more than arguing with nitpicks and calling weak writing (there was a good answer for that one, at that), or straight baiting and acting all like "and now just wait for them to call me a hater, I actually like it ;)" after generalizing anyone who likes the show as immature shounen fanboys in the discussions or whatever, to be honest.

Therefore, it's about expected actually having someone to reply in a similar manner, and surprising to see people actually either caring enough to reply to what could easily be seen as a by-definition troll comment.

For example:

And I really don't think even saying that I like it and giving a 10 to a so-called overpraised series would invalidate in any form what people say about some highly misconducted comments I would give about it and its viewers (in short, "ad hominem"... seems like fallacies are quite the thing in this community when it comes to people offending others for liking too much what they don't), and neither should you.
DanpmssMay 28, 2019 4:14 AM
May 28, 2019 3:37 AM

Jan 2015
glad that its ahead of that trash game of thrones
May 28, 2019 3:48 AM

Oct 2013
SheevPalpatine said:

Congratulations! You just explain what happen to every series! Every series has its flaws but there are some that are special to you, whether you rate it a 10 or not is irrelevant, it all comes down to what you feel the series deserve.

singling out snk and saying the "snk cult" will give it 10 no matter what is totally bias and unfair without realising that there is also other series you could easily say the same thing for, for eg, hxh cult, gintama cult, fmab cult, legend of the galactic hero cult, etc. Heck, I gave fmab a 10, I guess I am a fmab fanboy as well and is also apart of the cult, base on your reasoning here.

Look how many gintama series is in the top 20 for example. Be fair, if you are going to say that, say for the other series as well.

We also have a very good studio that is adapting snk, look at opm season 2, the opm cults were not please and they rate it down and hearing the rumours that this may be wit last adaptation of snk scares me, because if the adaptation is not good, I'm not going to rate it highly and I'm sure many wont. So saying we would rate it highly no matter what is also invalid.
keragammingMay 28, 2019 3:53 AM
May 28, 2019 8:30 AM

Oct 2017
Interesting, guess I'll have to move this series up on my "plan to watch list". I was planning on waiting till it was done airing, but curiosity is a strong motivator and this was on the side bar for the forums so it caught my attention.

As a side note, if I had to wager a guess one of the factors used for the weighted average is whether the account is new or not. Just a sneaking suspicion on my part, but one that would make sense in a system trying to prevent votes from being skewed.

One thing I found amusing though is to see the same issue's as MAL. "I don't watch anime but all this to support game of thrones" 1 out of 10...lol
May 28, 2019 8:59 AM

Apr 2015
Hmm interesting...

Congratulations to the fans I guess??
May 28, 2019 1:00 PM
Mar 2018
jojo is better than aot. anyone who thinks otherwise has chit taste
May 28, 2019 1:11 PM
Sep 2018
HotPocketChris said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but seriously calling everyone else's taste shit who don't think the way you think is literally showing how offended you actually are seeing your favourite show lacking behind AOT in ratings, popularity.
May 28, 2019 1:16 PM
Mar 2018
attacktitan_01 said:
HotPocketChris said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but seriously calling everyone else's taste shit who don't think the way you think is literally showing how offended you actually are seeing your favourite show lacking behind AOT in ratings, popularity.

nah fam u just hav chit taste man. youll learn one day....
May 28, 2019 5:18 PM

Sep 2018
Nik03178 said:
juiccbox said:
what the fuck it’s just attack on titan how good could it be, i mean good job and all SNK, but wow the first season bored me to death i didn’t even finish the first quarter. guess i’m missing out on something cool

Didn't even finish first quarter. Yes you are missing out.

Alrighty, good to know, I’m probably gonna give it another go eventually
May 28, 2019 5:19 PM

Sep 2018
Snkmasterpiece said:
juiccbox said:
what the fuck it’s just attack on titan how good could it be, i mean good job and all SNK, but wow the first season bored me to death i didn’t even finish the first quarter. guess i’m missing out on something cool

Why are you sleeping on this page then? Are you aot hater?

Nope, not really. I’ve said this to a few others, but I was simply surprised something like that happened and wanted to express that. I wanted to show I was amazed, not that I hated the show. It didn’t resonate with me the first time, but I may give it another chance
May 28, 2019 5:31 PM

Sep 2018
Roronoa said:
Who? Cherno what?
I keep moving forward
May 28, 2019 5:40 PM

Jul 2014
Deserved honestly, everything this season has been incredible.
May 28, 2019 6:30 PM

Dec 2015
WarFirel said:
Roronoa said:
Who? Cherno what?

well it gone now šŸ˜„
no
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.