Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 26, 2019 8:57 AM
May 2019
@CondemneDio

I dont remember ever doing that, if you ever payed attention I said yesterday I disagree with your point on the show but I respect your opinion
May 26, 2019 9:20 AM

Jan 2013
Weebover9000 said:
@CondemneDio

I dont remember ever doing that, if you ever payed attention I said yesterday I disagree with your point on the show but I respect your opinion

Sorry about that then.
Having lots of people basically saying the same things makes them all meld into one.
May 26, 2019 9:29 AM

Jan 2019
deg said:
Weebover9000 said:

Never take people who say a world about people flying on steampunk equipment slaughtering giant naked monsters seriously when they call it realistic.

i mean it takes itself seriously as like the real world, see my favorites for example like gurren lagann, kill la kill, etc that do not take themselves seriously thats why illogical things like galaxies are thrown like shuriken are still fine

laws of physics be damned

anyway i mean i cannot give shows like Attack on Titan higher than 8 with my usual rating
Well thats dumb, its fiction after all.
May 26, 2019 1:58 PM

Jan 2009
trwygon said:
deg said:

i mean it takes itself seriously as like the real world, see my favorites for example like gurren lagann, kill la kill, etc that do not take themselves seriously thats why illogical things like galaxies are thrown like shuriken are still fine

laws of physics be damned

anyway i mean i cannot give shows like Attack on Titan higher than 8 with my usual rating

there is this thing called hard science fiction https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_science_fiction so its not impossible although ye this show goes to unrealistic levels later on anyway thats why i up my score of it too for the manga

there is also this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_fantasy
degMay 26, 2019 2:08 PM
May 26, 2019 2:07 PM
Oct 2016
Darklycan51 said:
There is absolutely no reason as to why Eren is the hight of the Colossal titan's ankle, He is supposed to be 1/4th the size of the Colossal titan, the Colossal titan is 60 meters while Eren is 15 meters, he should've been at his knee at a minimum or above his knee.

He should've been able to push him, and even if he wasn't and the colossal titan managed to kick him, there is no way that he could kick him all the way to the top of the wall, it's just plain wrong.

when eren transforms for the first time then he becomes the titan of height 15 meter. After that his height reduces with each time he transforms. When he was fighting with colossal titan it was his 2nd transformation.1st transformation was that one when he sealed the gate
MujheKyunNikalaMay 26, 2019 2:13 PM
May 26, 2019 2:44 PM
Jun 2013
Why is this a thread lol
May 26, 2019 5:09 PM
Mar 2019
Darklycan51 said:
There is absolutely no reason as to why Eren is the hight of the Colossal titan's ankle, He is supposed to be 1/4th the size of the Colossal titan, the Colossal titan is 60 meters while Eren is 15 meters, he should've been at his knee at a minimum or above his knee.

He should've been able to push him, and even if he wasn't and the colossal titan managed to kick him, there is no way that he could kick him all the way to the top of the wall, it's just plain wrong.
I think that makes sense, because a colossal titan has great strength and body mass, rather than a 13-meter-tall little titan, kicking is not impossible
May 26, 2019 8:21 PM

Jan 2009
Nim0174 said:
DiabloMask said:

I hope you don't mind my short reply after you took your time to write all of this, today's episode explained/ made up for most of the things that bothered me from the last episode, there are still a few things I'm not satisfied with but I don't want to be too nitpicky after such a good conclusion.
May 26, 2019 10:20 PM
Mar 2016
You've got a point there, but take also into consideration that Eren has spent some energy when he plugged the hole and fought Reiner, so he got smaller.. remember his training with Hange in part 1 episode 1? Last time he transformed during training, he wasn't even 10 meters, so in this case he transformed once, spent energy plugging the hole and fighting Reiner then being kicked by Bertholdt, say he's now ~ 1/6 the colossal titan.

Try measuring it with your own body and find them some excuse for doing this mistake lol
May 27, 2019 1:31 AM

Dec 2009
Lucette_C said:
It was his second transformation, after a fight with Reiner and crystallisation as well. Maybe that had some sort of impact on his physical appearance? Since we did find out that transforming takes a lot of energy and isn't supposed to be done consequently. So maybe that should be factored in?

^this, thread closed now
May 27, 2019 3:21 PM

Jan 2019
deg said:
trwygon said:

there is this thing called hard science fiction https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_science_fiction so its not impossible although ye this show goes to unrealistic levels later on anyway thats why i up my score of it too for the manga

I did use to only be able to enjoy Hard Sci-Fi before, but then I just asked myself "why?" as I would often pause shows to try and find a bit of logic in it, and end up not enjoying the show. Nowadays I dont really give much attention to that, as long as the story is coherent with itself. I'd say Attack on Titan is in the middle, they do atleast try to give some logic to thing, instead of Titans happen because yes, Eren can transform because yes. But yeah I kind of get why you wouldnt like the in-between solution.
May 27, 2019 3:51 PM

Jan 2009
trwygon said:
deg said:

I did use to only be able to enjoy Hard Sci-Fi before, but then I just asked myself "why?" as I would often pause shows to try and find a bit of logic in it, and end up not enjoying the show. Nowadays I dont really give much attention to that, as long as the story is coherent with itself. I'd say Attack on Titan is in the middle, they do atleast try to give some logic to thing, instead of Titans happen because yes, Eren can transform because yes. But yeah I kind of get why you wouldnt like the in-between solution.

i enjoy in-between too, its just that Attack on Titan is trying to be a hard fantasy at least but i changed my mind like days ago and given the manga a 9/10 since i got reminded that later on the story it goes to supernatural stuff anyway
May 27, 2019 11:10 PM

May 2017
Gosh if these things really disturb you, 98% of all existing shows might be bs for you...
Aug 8, 2020 5:32 AM
Aug 2020
For any of you dumb fucks that skipped physics class, Bertholdt transformed in midair and dropped his 60m ass down on the ground from a height of at least 20m. That's why he exploded, you dumbasses.
Aug 8, 2020 5:46 AM
Jun 2020
This post reminds me of Big fucking Giant.

Just imagine the little girl, Sophie V that big-ass Giant. Guess who is who.

You're making it hard for everyone, OP.
Aug 30, 2020 1:35 AM

May 2012
these guys don't even know that eren's world is not from this galaxy. why applying the physics of our planet into it. in their world, 15 meter/60 meter is the height of his ankle damn it. and you can kick someone up a wall even as a regular human. I mean alien.
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Aug 30, 2020 4:57 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
i mean, i stan AOT, but i can agree that the sizes in aot can be a lil bit off-proportion. But, i still think that the general course of action would have remained the same even if he was taller than his knee.
I do think the sense of physics matters in immersion but i think AOT mostly has correct physics, if u read the manga, a lot of thought is put into the world building and the physics behind it, it keeps its identity as mostly realistic.
Also, Because he was totally in contact with the foot, the kick didnt break his body, but rather threw him away.

Nov 14, 2020 3:03 PM
Dec 2018
This thread pretty pointless? Maybe from the angle Eren looks real small but go check back the graph it’s pretty accurate. As confirmed by several already it’s evident erens transformation is gradually weaker (factoring fight with Reiner, plus hardenind wall). Regarding the explosion of Bertholdt transforming he leaped pretty high could be impact or maybe he exerted some hot flammable steam because he wanted to blow scouts away.
Nov 17, 2020 9:51 AM
Aug 2019
lycan_ said:

You're trying a bit too hard to make something out to be a plot hole. Think about how something could work rather than how it doesn't. These things are not to the point where it could not possibly make sense. I think you got caught up in the hype for this season because you at least somewhat disliked the show already and had the mindset of criticizing it going into the season. Gotta avoid that if you're wanting to enjoy a show.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.