Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
May 21, 2019 6:58 AM

Jul 2014
There is absolutely no reason as to why Eren is the hight of the Colossal titan's ankle, He is supposed to be 1/4th the size of the Colossal titan, the Colossal titan is 60 meters while Eren is 15 meters, he should've been at his knee at a minimum or above his knee.

He should've been able to push him, and even if he wasn't and the colossal titan managed to kick him, there is no way that he could kick him all the way to the top of the wall, it's just plain wrong.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 21, 2019 7:02 AM

Jan 2009
this is why i do not give higher scores to a suppose serious and more realistic shows like this lol

EDIT:

maybe i should say that if an anime is serious then i usually give serious thought on my rating about it
degMay 21, 2019 8:56 AM
May 21, 2019 7:03 AM
May 2019
Its how it went down in the manga as well, not just an anime only thing. I dont get why people are letting height differences of all things keep them from enjoying certain scenes in the episodes.Also, its pretty accurate fyi, you're only taking consideration of the mass. Not the force or acceleration,if you factor in the acceleration which increases with mass,then the amount of net force colossal exerts is insanely large in comparison to the amount of force eren exerts. Therefore, the punting makes sense.
Weebover9000May 21, 2019 7:11 AM
May 21, 2019 7:04 AM
Apr 2019
What's wrong man?
May 21, 2019 7:05 AM
May 2019
deg said:
this is why i do not give higher scores to a suppose serious and more realistic shows like this lol

Never take people who say a world about people flying on steampunk equipment slaughtering giant naked monsters seriously when they call it realistic.
May 21, 2019 7:08 AM

Jan 2009
Weebover9000 said:
deg said:

Never take people who say a world about people flying on steampunk equipment slaughtering giant naked monsters seriously when they call it realistic.

i mean it takes itself seriously as like the real world, see my favorites for example like gurren lagann, kill la kill, etc that do not take themselves seriously thats why illogical things like galaxies are thrown like shuriken are still fine

laws of physics be damned

anyway i mean i cannot give shows like Attack on Titan higher than 8 with my usual rating
May 21, 2019 7:13 AM
May 2019
deg said:
Weebover9000 said:

i mean it takes itself seriously as like the real world, see my favorites for example like gurren lagann, kill la kill, etc that do not take themselves seriously thats why illogical things like galaxies are thrown like shuriken are still fine

anyway i mean i cannot give shows like Attack on Titan higher than 8 with my usual rating

I dont know why people want law of physics in a medium thats supposed to be used for entertainment and escapism. This is why MAL is a hilarious pass time for me. Not trying to be rude but like god damn
Weebover9000May 21, 2019 7:18 AM
May 21, 2019 7:16 AM

Jul 2014
Weebover9000 said:
Its how it went down in the manga as well, not just an anime only thing. I dont get why people are letting height differences of all things keep them from enjoying certain scenes in the episodes.Also, its pretty accurate fyi, you're only taking consideration of the mass. Not the force or acceleration,if you factor in the acceleration which increases with mass,then the amount of net force colossal exerts is insanely large in comparison to the amount of force eren exerts. Therefore, the punting makes sense.

I didn't say that I didn't enjoy the scene, I just pointed out errors, same with several scenes post wall blocking where the wall is shown for a few frames to be unblocked and, the secondary explosion on Reiner's neck magically restoring his protection.
May 21, 2019 7:17 AM

Jan 2009
@Weebover9000

it might be nitpicking but again this kind of show takes itself more seriously and besides character motivations alone are being debated with real life logic (if you do not want laws of physics) so things like measurements is also part of logic (world logic) in this case
May 21, 2019 7:17 AM
May 2019
Darklycan51 said:
Weebover9000 said:

I didn't say that I didn't enjoy the scene, I just pointed out errors, same with several scenes post wall blocking where the wall is shown for a few frames to be unblocked and, the secondary explosion on Reiner's neck magically restoring his protection.

Ah, my apologies then, the way you started this post it made it seem like you hated it for a weird reason such as physics.
May 21, 2019 7:30 AM

Oct 2013
Oh, you mean the height, I saw other persons pointing that out, but I don't find it odd that the collosal titan was able to kick Eren at the top of the walls and it seems no one else thought that was impossible, literally every reaction channel were predicting that the collosus titan was going to kick him like a football. He is big has a lot of mass why not.

deg said:

So a fantasy/scifi series should have full logic? How is that even possible? Lets see here, 3d gear can't exist, titan shifters can't exist etc, coordinate can't exist, I could go on and on, if we are going by that logic we should be only watching shows like true detective then?

Its fiction for a reason. I get it, certain things should stay realistic, but I don't see what is wrong with this, plus op was talking about errors here when it comes to drawing, not actual logic of the series, the kicking part I don't agree on though.

Found this. Is this even worth making a thread for? Because the difference does not seem that huge to make a big deal out of it.
keragammingMay 21, 2019 7:35 AM
May 21, 2019 7:40 AM

Jan 2009
@keragamming

im not saying it has to follow strict real world logic, the keyword i mention is this show takes it self as more realistic because it takes itself more seriously, so pseudoscience is acceptable and an example of it is like astronomy and alchemy that have valid measurements base on the real world, the thunder spears alone have like pseudoscience behind them like they have risks and caution of use

May 21, 2019 7:53 AM

Oct 2013
@deg

im not saying it has to follow strict real world logic, the keyword i mention is this show takes it self as more realistic because it takes itself more seriously, so pseudoscience is acceptable and an example of it is like astronomy and alchemy that have valid measurements base on the real world, the thunder spears alone have like pseudoscience behind them like they have risks and caution of use

Fair enough, you still haven't answered this part though.
May 21, 2019 8:02 AM

Jan 2009
keragamming said:
@deg

the bold part? more realistic is related to the words pseudoscience and logic (not full or strict in most cases but in some basic stuff like measurements it should be strict at least) i mentioned
May 21, 2019 8:09 AM

Oct 2013
deg said:
keragamming said:
@deg

the bold part? more realistic is related to the words pseudoscience and logic (not full or strict in most cases but in some basic stuff like measurements it should be strict at least) i mentioned

I'm asking you what did attack on titan do that went too far for you in terms of that regards?
May 21, 2019 8:19 AM

Jan 2009
keragamming said:
deg said:

I'm asking you what did attack on titan do that went too far for you in terms of that regards?

im just pointing out this thread when i said that and reminds me of other shows that takes itself more seriously/realistically too

EDIT:

but for the manga the Zeke plan i find it not that seriously thought out
May 21, 2019 8:30 AM

Apr 2019
man dude the portrayal was more than fine, he goes up to the shin and thats how it was shown, maybe he should have been 1-2 cm taller wwooooooooooooow

you would be surprised how tiny someone 1/4 the size of you looks

the beast titan is 17m, he goes to the knee but not eren

you also forget eren isn't 15m during that scene, he made himself smaller in order to push him, so its more like 10-12m, yes it makes A LOT of difference

collosal also has thick legs so his knees down to the legs is 20m which is 1/3 of his body, considering that a diagonally standing eren(push stance) doesn't seem that tall anymore which makes him look really small optically, since eren is also pretty skinny it also adds to the fact that he looks so small in comparison to the thickness of bertholts foot

as for the wallkick, well, we don't know how much bertolts strength is so we don't know the force with which he kicks eren up, nor do we know how far away from the wall they are standing in metres, but who the hell wants to do physics right? he is generally really thick and muscular so we can assume he is very strong, you can't really compare these two just because of their size and say 60m=X strength and 15m=Y strength, it doesn't work like that, their muscle strength is different
Nim0174May 21, 2019 8:59 AM
You son of a .. turtle

May 21, 2019 8:39 AM
Nov 2017
It was his second transformation, after a fight with Reiner and crystallisation as well. Maybe that had some sort of impact on his physical appearance? Since we did find out that transforming takes a lot of energy and isn't supposed to be done consequently. So maybe that should be factored in?
May 21, 2019 9:26 AM
Aug 2018
Darklycan51 said:
There is absolutely no reason as to why Eren is the hight of the Colossal titan's ankle, He is supposed to be 1/4th the size of the Colossal titan, the Colossal titan is 60 meters while Eren is 15 meters, he should've been at his knee at a minimum or above his knee.

He should've been able to push him, and even if he wasn't and the colossal titan managed to kick him, there is no way that he could kick him all the way to the top of the wall, it's just plain wrong.

Lmao no, no one actually determined in exact meter how tall is the colossal titan, it's just that armin said it was 60 m from his perspective. He could be from 60m to 70 m tall and eren wasn't standing up straight completely so take that into count.
May 21, 2019 9:30 AM
Aug 2018
deg said:

EDIT:

maybe i should say that if an anime is serious then i usually give serious thought on my rating about it

Jesus christ you dont give a show high score because of one small size inconsistency? Plus this was not even wrong. There was nothing wrong about this scale between colossal titan and eren. Look at the graph,eren isnt as tall as his knee.
May 21, 2019 9:37 AM

Jan 2009
Snkmasterpiece said:
deg said:

EDIT:

Jesus christ you dont give a show high score because of one small size inconsistency? Plus this was not even wrong. There was nothing wrong about this scale between colossal titan and eren. Look at the graph,eren isnt as tall as his knee.

read my edit on that post of mine that you quoted

and i do not know about you but by my rating and and others rating here a score of 8 is very good as what that is labeled on the MAL system too
May 21, 2019 2:42 PM
Apr 2018
Darklycan51 said:

you should remember that this is his second transformation and he gets smaller each time. that has been told in s3 ep1
May 21, 2019 3:47 PM

May 2012
If you height is 180 cm then quarter your height(40cm) will be below your knees (for most people). Not to mention that coloosal titan knees is higher than normal human

thepathMay 21, 2019 4:04 PM
May 21, 2019 6:05 PM
Jan 2019
Darklycan51 said:

BRO.. first.. thats exactly the way it was in the manga.. its that way..
Second.. eren is 15 m.. colossal is 60m.. but his legs are more than half his body.. his knee is like 20/22 m.. it was logical..
Thats first..
SECOND ... i like physics.. but honestly.. if u try to understand Snk using physics.. u will lose all the fun and such.. cuz snk doesnt respect any damn physica law when it comes to titans.. isayama himself admitted that..
Like how for exemple.. titan mass is like a normal human mass.. " why arent they getting blown by the wind then"... (just an ex.. theres a lot).in other words... just enjoy bro.. its imagination ... its not a real life anime..
May 21, 2019 6:29 PM
May 21, 2019 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
deg said:
Weebover9000 said:

What happens when you angle a line. Its perpendicular height decreases. So 1/4th of his height would become 1/6 of his height using sin 45°. Then there comes foot size of the colossal and the fact. Your argument is kinda baseless considering you failed to consider simple mathematics and physics is completely based on mathematics.
May 22, 2019 2:15 AM

Jan 2009
ABDoesThings said:
deg said:

What happens when you angle a line. Its perpendicular height decreases. So 1/4th of his height would become 1/6 of his height using sin 45°. Then there comes foot size of the colossal and the fact. Your argument is kinda baseless considering you failed to consider simple mathematics and physics is completely based on mathematics.

i did not mean literal physics there as i said that in reference to Gurren Lagann

but alright i stand corrected
May 22, 2019 2:49 AM
Apr 2019
Have you seen the structure of colossal titan before judje? His knee is 18m tall atleast, and while eren was pushing him he was bent down, so it actually makes reasonable.
May 22, 2019 3:24 AM

Jan 2009
Akahiro said:
i like physics.. but honestly.. if u try to understand Snk using physics.. u will lose all the fun and such.. cuz snk doesnt respect any damn physica law when it comes to titans.. isayama himself admitted that..
Like how for exemple.. titan mass is like a normal human mass.. " why arent they getting blown by the wind then"... (just an ex.. theres a lot).in other words... just enjoy bro.. its imagination ... its not a real life anime..

i remember reading that here

The body of Titans appears to violate several known laws of science, spontaneously generating both energy and mass. https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/Titan

i still enjoy Attack on Titan a lot despite that but like i said this show takes itself way too seriously or trying to be more realistic thats why i give some serious thought on my rating about it
May 22, 2019 5:13 AM

Feb 2018
deg said:
Akahiro said:
i like physics.. but honestly.. if u try to understand Snk using physics.. u will lose all the fun and such.. cuz snk doesnt respect any damn physica law when it comes to titans.. isayama himself admitted that..

The body of Titans appears to violate several known laws of science, spontaneously generating both energy and mass. https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/Titan

i still enjoy Attack on Titan a lot despite that but like i said this show takes itself way too seriously or trying to be more realistic thats why i give some serious thought on my rating about it

It's supernatural and fantasy, not a shitty soap opera.
May 22, 2019 5:19 AM

Jan 2009
ThatShiny_Hex said:
deg said:

It's supernatural and fantasy, not a shitty soap opera.

reminds me of what happened with Zeke in the manga, ye fair enough i may change my mind once it embraces that supernatural like religious/spiritual/godly stuff more in the end
May 22, 2019 10:44 AM

Jan 2015
i was also thinking for a second there, like why is eren so small when he should be 15m compared to the 60m colossal, but thats all, dont care about was just funny for a sec
May 22, 2019 12:30 PM
May 2019
BestBoiEren said:
i was also thinking for a second there, like why is eren so small when he should be 15m compared to the 60m colossal, but thats all, dont care about was just funny for a sec

Remember, during urprising arc we learned if this current Eren transforms constantly, he wears out his titan form and it shrinks.
May 22, 2019 1:41 PM
Jan 2018
it has been mentioned a few times that his transformations gets smaller each time he shifts consecutively
May 22, 2019 4:38 PM
Aug 2015
Akattee99 said:
Darklycan51 said:

you should remember that this is his second transformation and he gets smaller each time. that has been told in s3 ep1

Wait what? When was this established? I don't remember this ever being explained.
May 22, 2019 4:42 PM
Apr 2018
On_the_Lam said:
Akattee99 said:

Wait what? When was this established? I don't remember this ever being explained.
season 3 episode 1 go watch it, especially the part where eren was training
May 22, 2019 4:50 PM
Aug 2015
Akattee99 said:
On_the_Lam said:

Can't you just... direct me to the scene?
May 22, 2019 4:57 PM
May 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-L4opvd56o

@On_the_Lam

as you can see in the clip after transforming a couple times eren pretty much became that
May 22, 2019 5:33 PM

Apr 2013
pointless post I see
May 23, 2019 4:16 PM
May 2019
Darklycan51 said:
Weebover9000 said:

Remember, during urprising arc we learned if this current Eren transforms constantly, he wears out his titan form and it shrinks.

I don't remember this but this could actually make sense.

HOWEVER, I hope they also explain berthold's "NUKE" cause they later tell us that the colossal titan uses his body as a resource, meaning that the nuke must've taken a ton of "body mass", he should be much weaker? or is the nuke not part of that trade?

I honestly think its because its a 60 meter titan inside of a titan shifter who is transforming in mid air rather than on the ground like weve seen him do all the other times except in this arc. That, and isayamas art used to not look so good the other times, so he probably drew the lightning strike as a convenient way to do it until his artwork improved and he could draw things like nuke explosions on his manga panels.
May 24, 2019 11:06 AM

Nov 2017
Bruh wasn't he twice as tall as the wall this time? Didn't he use some kind of stronger power that made him much bigger than the previous times?

plz @ me
May 25, 2019 11:31 PM

Jan 2009
This is not the only problem with this season so far, first of all, since when did Bertholdt's transformation cause an explosion? He appeared out of nowhere right next to Eren in episode 4 and nothing happened (and while I'm at it, how did the colossal titan's corpse disappear at that time? The titans never disappear when their transformation is cancelled).
And more importantly, they seemed to have a plan against Reiner at the beginning of the arc, and suddenly they act as if they came here unprepared! Why is Erwin standing like an idiot not doing anything and not having the slightest idea about what to do against Bertholdt? Did he not expect him to be there?!
Why didn't they send someone to explore the basement meanwhile just in case?
Why didn't they use the lightning spears on Bertholdt's legs to knock him down and then let Eren do the rest? Actually, why didn't they focus on finishing off Reiner instead of randomly attacking Bertholdt?
Apparently humanity's destruction came from their stupidity, this is frustrating to watch!
May 26, 2019 12:32 AM
Apr 2018
On_the_Lam said:
Akattee99 said:

Can't you just... direct me to the scene?

just go watch first couple of minutes
May 26, 2019 12:59 AM

Jan 2013
DiabloMask said:
This is not the only problem with this season so far, first of all, since when did Bertholdt's transformation cause an explosion? He appeared out of nowhere right next to Eren in episode 4 and nothing happened (and while I'm at it, how did the colossal titan's corpse disappear at that time? The titans never disappear when their transformation is cancelled).
And more importantly, they seemed to have a plan against Reiner at the beginning of the arc, and suddenly they act as if they came here unprepared! Why is Erwin standing like an idiot not doing anything and not having the slightest idea about what to do against Bertholdt? Did he not expect him to be there?!
Why didn't they use the lightning spears on Bertholdt's legs to knock him down and then let Eren do the rest? Actually, why didn't they focus on finishing off Reiner instead of randomly attacking Bertholdt?
Apparently humanity's destruction came from their stupidity, this is frustrating to watch!

I agree with pretty much every point with you.
The sad thing is, you, and probably me too for agreeing, are going to get spammed by the fans for this :D
May 26, 2019 1:10 AM

Jan 2009
@DiabloMask
@CondemneDio

ye this show tries to be way more realistic anyway but i changed my mind when i got reminded of the latest chapters going to unrealistic things (hint supernaturals) so i forgiven it lol
May 26, 2019 3:46 AM

Apr 2019
DiabloMask said:

"This is not the only problem with this season so far, first of all, since when did Bertholdt's transformation cause an explosion?"
I know its confusing, but its not unrealistic after
get explained.
Its a Supernatural Show.

1. He always had this Ability. Different Titans have different Abilities, Bertholt can control the Explosive Power, he didn't use it back then because he was close to the wall and couldn't risk blowing away the entire wall, since the Titans inside the Walls would start moving again if exposed to Sunlight.

2. Titan Shifters can choose whether to keep the Titan Flesh/Corpse their or not, depending on their Will, like Eren when they were about to be shot by a cannon just summoned Titan Flesh/Corpse to block the Cannon Shoot instead of Transforming, like Annie leaving her Titan Corpse this is explained through

detailed explanation about above spoilers ( i dont recommend reading the explanation of Paths since it will be explained in episode 8 i believe )

This explains how the Titan Flesh and Bones can vanish and show up.

3. They seem unprepared because they only thought they had to deal with Reiner and Bertholt, the Variable they did not expect was the Beast Titan showing up with a bunch of pure titans blocking the entrance so the horses can't pass through, so they have to deal with the Beast Titan unexpectedly.

4. They didn't send anyone to explore the Basement out of 2 Reasons
4.1 Only Eren, Mikasa and Armin know the exact Location of the Basement
therefore Splitting your Forces is a bad Idea, probability of Success decreases
since all three of those are indispensible Fighting Forces for obvious Reasons
each one Worth a Hundred Tanks.
4.2 Their Main Goal is to retake Wall Maria, and not to get to the Basement, because
there is nothing that guarantees them that the Answers they get in the Basement will help them with Survival / deal with the Threat on Hand right now. That is , retake Wall Maria and kill the Enemies.
Survival > Knowledge

5 They didn't use the Lightning Spears on Bertholts Legs most likely because the Colossal Titan generally has incredibly thick Legs, so it wouldn't have enough of an effect to knock him down. (this point is debateable, but not unrealistic, Armin is smart, and if it would work, he would have thought of it)

6 They assumed Bertholt would transform Mid Air so they prioritized their own Survival at that Point, they later Split in 2 Groups, Armin was distracting Bertholt while the Other Group (Hange went back to Reiner to finish him) Unfortunately Bertholt transformed even with the possible Risk of Killing Reiner, who laid down face up thankfully.

Nim0174May 26, 2019 3:55 AM
You son of a .. turtle

May 26, 2019 3:47 AM
May 2016
Lmao this entire topic. Height difference being portrayed incorrectly is the deal breaker of all things? MAL snowflakes are on another level of petty sometimes
May 26, 2019 3:55 AM
May 2019
CondemneDio said:
DiabloMask said:

The sad thing is, you, and probably me too for agreeing, are going to get spammed by the fans for this :D

Thanks for lumping us all in one pile, really appreciate that, I'll remember it for later
May 26, 2019 4:34 AM

Nov 2017
Modernoir said:
Lmao this entire topic. Height difference being portrayed incorrectly is the deal breaker of all things? MAL snowflakes are on another level of petty sometimes

MAL snowflakes are one of the worst kind of netizens.
May 26, 2019 8:26 AM

Jan 2013
Weebover9000 said:
CondemneDio said:

Thanks for lumping us all in one pile, really appreciate that, I'll remember it for later

You're welcome. I did the same you guys would do.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.