Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 23, 2019 4:55 PM

Apr 2016
It's looking like one punch man season 2 might need a remake, reboot, and everything else.
May 23, 2019 5:01 PM
Dec 2015
Tokyo Ghoul
Berzerk
Sousei no Onmyouji
Kemono Friends 2 but with the original Director from the Kemono Friends
Akame ga Kill
Ajin S2
Mahou Shoujo Site (kind of eh on this one)
May 23, 2019 5:35 PM

Oct 2011
Pandora Hearts
Tsubasa Chronicle
Nabari no Ou
Vampire Knight
Monster
Majutsushi Orphen
Gundam SEED
Slayers

May 23, 2019 6:17 PM

Oct 2018
toaru index season 3
shokugeki no souma
black clover
fairy tail
owari no seraph
May 23, 2019 6:27 PM
Apr 2016
First Lupin seasons. They're good but they're from 70s...
May 23, 2019 6:30 PM
Feb 2018
I think (kingdom) needs a remake and a reboot because I know so many people didn't like it because of the art style. Of course,I am talking about people who don't read its manga.
May 23, 2019 6:46 PM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood for sure!!
May 23, 2019 6:49 PM
Mar 2016
Tokyo Ghoul S2-3, the adaptation is pretty bad.
Yu Yu Hakusho
One Piece ep 500+
May 23, 2019 9:03 PM

Aug 2017
OMG Tokyo Ghoul, my baby, it has been viciously murdered by Pierrot
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 23, 2019 9:21 PM

Aug 2018
Hmm, I've often though Naruto had an interesting basis from which could have been built a great anime. But due to issues which are so numerous I hesitate to know where to begin needless to say it did not meet that potential. A remake would be interesting, not unlike Hunter x Hunter or Fullmetal Brotherhood.

Along the same lines I felt made in abyss had a great deal of potential but fell into some pretty generic trappings as the story went on. The premise is solid however and if it were to retain the aesthetic and thematic sensibilities of the first few episodes I think a reboot could be something pretty spectacular.
May 23, 2019 9:35 PM
News Team
Demon Spawn

Apr 2017
Just give me the satisfaction of watching the endings to Akatsuki no Yona and Pandora Hearts.
May 23, 2019 9:48 PM
May 2019
There are many Animes that could use a reboot.

I'll say Sanctuary

The 1 OVA followed the Manga well.

May 23, 2019 10:17 PM
May 2019
Sorry for the novel beforehand

Hey there, hope everyone's doing good. Signed up just to startup on this thread...and perhaps others if I take to it, but definitely had to chime in and say Claymore. I was so disappointed with the ending. I tried to rewatch it to see if maybe i was immature at the time (i totally was) & somehow i remember being more disappointed lol. Recently had a pretty interesting awakening of sorts i guess you could say & shows are taking on entirely new meanings. Claymore honestly would be the perfect show to bring back..

Odd correlation but along w/into the spiderverse for example (first spiderman movie/media i've ever actually loved), you never actually feel spiderman is more powerful than the villains he faces. In fact, usually he's woefully weak compared to them & has to just outsmart/outwill them similarly. Claire's backstory's developed, there's no filler & it just keeps topping itself honestly the entire time.

Also maybe I'm a bit off on this one, but Fate Stay Night, unlimited blade works havent seen yet but from glass reflections review, sounds like it's dramatically different in good ways but misses some things...? Don't wanna hijack the thread but i just remember hating deens adaptation since the protagonist wined so much.
May 23, 2019 10:47 PM

Jul 2017
Honestly, there area lot of series I would like to see but mainly Ippo and Slam Dunk
May 23, 2019 10:55 PM
Aug 2018
Slam Dunk( faithful adaption i hope better than that shit kuroku)
Nana (ending we need it)
Ghost Hunt (i want more)
Ouran High School Host Club (adapt all the manga)
Sakura Wars (just please make it good)
May 23, 2019 10:58 PM
Aug 2018
Bekuta_ said:
The Junji Ito Collection, this time by a studio that would do Junki Ito's works justice.

Junji Ito's work is not fitted for an anime adaption see for yourself the anime itself was bad and it lacks the horror that you can see in the manga
May 23, 2019 11:11 PM
Oct 2018
Tokyo ghoul definitely need to get a well made reboot
May 24, 2019 1:05 AM
Mar 2018
Bayek said:
If I had to just pick one, I'd probably say Claymore. Give it the Brotherhood (or rather, Sisterhood) treatment. A full & faithful adaptation, top notch production quality & completely uncensored. It would undoubtedly have potential to go down as one of the greats.

I've already said it needs a full adaption, on another forum I have discussed a possible "sisterhood" treatment, but I also said (on this thread) about the possibility of Madhouse treating it like hellsing ultimate, it would be interesting to see how that looks, yes?
May 24, 2019 1:16 AM
Oct 2018
Spice and Wolf please and thank you!
May 24, 2019 7:44 AM

Mar 2019
Toaru majutsu no Index : later season and animation is VERY bad, good directing might fix things up
One Piece: just the animation and remove filler
Eyeshield 21: Cuz the manga is actually good
Air Gear: My most wanted for a reboot. The manga is friggin awesome
May 24, 2019 10:21 AM
Mar 2018
beserk. im currently reading the manga and its extremely good. i hope a reputable studio will faithfully adapt this someday. it would be a dream come true if david productions or studio bones got their hands on this. just make sure to not censor shit tho lol
May 24, 2019 10:43 AM
May 2014
No anime deserves it more than Berserk.
May 24, 2019 11:02 AM

Aug 2015
1- Berserk: there is not even to argue.

2- Gantz: I always thought Gantz would make a pretty big mainstream hit if it is adapted from the beginning until face 2. They can shove face 3 honestly.

3- Tsukihime: As a Type-Moon fanboy, I think about this more as a wet dream.

May 24, 2019 11:31 AM

Oct 2017
VERSAILLES NO BARA! RN I NEED IT

soul eater would be nice too but maybe in like 10 years or so.
May 24, 2019 1:10 PM

Apr 2018
Naturally, I would like to see a reboot of my two favorite series: Serial Experiments Lain and Lucky Star.

There are some movies like Kara no Kyoukai, which could be passed to a TV format. So also, I would like to see Koe no Katachi and Hotaburi no Mori e on TV, however, like the manga, they are very short. So I doubt it's a pass.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
May 24, 2019 2:26 PM

Aug 2018
Every single Madhouse anime starting by cult-classic Trigun, which needs (and would be awesome to see) the Brotherhood treatment because Trigun Maximum is so fucking fun.

Also:

Claymore (without stupid ending this time pls).
Rainbow (I really like the anime but it would be incredible to have a full-adaptation).

Akira. Yeah you might say this is a cold classic but the manga is 50 times better in every sense. It does not need a reboot, but it deserves to have a proper adaptation.
May 24, 2019 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
deg said:

there is hope since the manga got a re-release last year and it made a lot of profit, source https://myanimelist.net/news/56441381 for an old manga it still very popular in japan

DON'T GET ME DREAMING ABOUT IT BOY! lol
I'm re-reading it and just got the 16th volume last night. The story follows the last five minutes of the game against Ryonan. I have read it before, I know how it would end and I was still cheering for Shohoku like I was watching to a real game live.

It's the best sports manga by far.
May 24, 2019 5:42 PM

Jan 2009
ChuujiTsuna said:
deg said:

there is hope since the manga got a re-release last year and it made a lot of profit, source https://myanimelist.net/news/56441381 for an old manga it still very popular in japan

DON'T GET ME DREAMING ABOUT IT BOY! lol
I'm re-reading it and just got the 16th volume last night. The story follows the last five minutes of the game against Ryonan. I have read it before, I know how it would end and I was still cheering for Shohoku like I was watching to a real game live.

It's the best sports manga by far.

i will try to read the manga of it sometime if im not too lazy
May 25, 2019 12:27 AM

Jun 2014
Thread has been merged with a duplicate.

Also, please provide an explanation of your choices.
May 25, 2019 4:34 PM

Apr 2018
100+ episode series comprehensively covering Umineko, but giving time for the characters to develop, for the mechanics of the anime to match the VN/manga, etc. Got finished watching it and was so underwhelmed and confused as I had felt a lot of vital information had been glossed over as a result of time/money constraints.

If they kept the OP and ED though, I'd be totally cool with that. The OP specifically had absolutely gorgeous vocals.
May 25, 2019 6:00 PM

Sep 2014
The original Macross. Mainly visual issues - the anime momentarily looks like shit, and there is tons of reusing there.
It could use a few changes (character wise) from Do You Remember Love as well.
But mainly the production quality is lacking.
May 25, 2019 6:08 PM
May 2019
Tsubasa Chronicle
Nabari no Ou
Monster
Gundam SEED
Slayers
May 25, 2019 6:37 PM

Jan 2017
Ranma 1/2. The anime is basically all fillers after episode 45. I've heard the manga is great so I would love to see a more accurate and complete representation of the manga.

im weeb trash

May 25, 2019 6:42 PM

Nov 2015
Mattinator95 said:
Old_School_Akira said:
Full metal alchemist brotherhood

Brotherhood was rushed with bad directing. Don’t skip chapters next time

Cowboy bebop . With no filler this time.

HxH. With no green island arc and better art like the old version

Your Name. Because that movie’s story sucks

They aren't going to remake a remake

Astro boy has been remade many times.

You would be surprised 😉
HACKs! 🤢🤮
May 25, 2019 6:44 PM

Nov 2015
thiago52192 said:
A lot, but right now I'd say OPM Season 2

Nobody remakes a season 2. Watch there will be a season 3 of OPM
HACKs! 🤢🤮
May 25, 2019 7:16 PM

Jul 2016
A complete series of these, instead of 2 OVAs.

May 25, 2019 7:27 PM

Dec 2015
Old_School_Akira said:
thiago52192 said:
A lot, but right now I'd say OPM Season 2

Nobody remakes a season 2. Watch there will be a season 3 of OPM

I'm aware of that, but I thought this topic wasn't suposed to have 100% logic, and focus more about what you really wanted, no matter how basically impossible it is
May 26, 2019 2:01 AM
Jan 2018
Old_School_Akira said:
Mattinator95 said:

You would be surprised 😉
Old_School_Akira said:
Mattinator95 said:

You would be surprised 😉

Bebpop is unlikely currently as they are doing a live action tv show
May 26, 2019 2:13 AM

Jan 2016
Aiaigasa said:
VERSAILLES NO BARA! RN I NEED IT

soul eater would be nice too but maybe in like 10 years or so.

God no, it's an eresy to even think to do a remake of an anime directed by Dezaki Osamu.
May 26, 2019 2:13 AM
May 2019
I want a reboot of,
Erased
Erased was a great anime, at first. But around 5 episodes in, I think the creators forgot to make it good. I really wanted erased to be great, but I got boring and confusing half way through. Half way through the creators forgot to add music to add great animation, which they promised us, as a manga reader of erased I would Love I mean love love, a remake.
If there was a remake I think the series could be talked about for years.
May 26, 2019 2:24 AM

Feb 2014
FMA Brotherhood, even though the chances of that happening are pretty much zero. I would want it to be given it to a more competent director who wouldn't turn it into a lazy, slavishly faithful, 1 : 1 adaptation that copy pastes the manga almost panel to panel. I don't watch anime to see colored "animated" panels of the manga. It barely had any cinematography that's suitable for the screen. The directing and pacing were horrible, the dialogue were screechy and cringeworthy with unnecessary expositions. The "emotional" scenes had no impact on me because they were terribly executed, especially by either not giving the characters enough time to develop, or ruining the scenes with unnecessary dialogue and by shoving the garbage mood breaking manga humor into it. Not to mention, since it rushes through the earlier chapters, it fails as a self-contained adaptation and doesn't stand on its own, because it expects the audience to be familiar with the original FMA.
VhailorMay 26, 2019 2:28 AM
May 26, 2019 2:35 AM

Nov 2016
Pichi Pichi Pitch!

i loved it so much before but when i look at it now, the art is just too awkward to look at. the songs are great too so i hope they'll make a reboot of this.
Sep 23, 2019 2:24 PM

Mar 2019
Btw reboot and remake isn't the same thing.

I think that Boku no pico needs a reboot/remake since it's a staple of shounen
PelagusSep 26, 2019 12:24 PM
Sep 23, 2019 2:25 PM

Sep 2017
sad_sinner said:
Gunslinger Girl, with better resolution, sound, SFX, maybe graphics, but the last one makes it iconic.

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Sep 23, 2019 2:34 PM

May 2016
Maybe claymore? It's a pretty good show and I'd love to see an updated interpretation of it.
"It's not like I wanted a signature or anything...BAKA!" - A MAL user.
Sep 23, 2019 2:37 PM

Jun 2019
sad_sinner said:
Oh not shit, second coming to jesus.

Ahem...

Rurouni Kenshin, update the visuals, remove the filler, add the final arc that really soldify kenshin's character development and we're gud.
Sep 23, 2019 2:42 PM
Aug 2015
Symphogear season 1 was good apart from the low budget, I would love to see a remake of it

just watch this lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLm-jeFj3tk
Sep 23, 2019 2:44 PM

Jan 2013
Slam Dunk and Shounan Junai Gumi need remakes
Sep 23, 2019 2:51 PM

Jun 2015
It's normally for the worse, so I don't really see the point in asking.

Better to have new things adapted / made, and letting an eventual good remake surprise you (like Mahoujin Guruguru), while ignoring the vast majority of them for good (cough, Berserk).
Sep 23, 2019 2:52 PM
/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\

Apr 2012
I think Gakuen Alice needs a new anime, that includes the whole manga!!

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

24 by Rinenka »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

100 by FanofAction »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 3 hours ago

21 by Rinenka »»
6 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 22

43 by Ex-Aid »»
8 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 11 hours ago

25 by epidemia78 »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.