Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 14, 2019 4:02 AM

Jan 2015
SPOILER FREE DISCUSSION

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode 1 - Cruelty

Chapter 1 - Cruelty

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode 2 - Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki

Chapter 2 - A Person Unkown
Chapter 3 - I Will Return Before Dawn

Episode 3 - Sabito and Makomo

Chapter 4 - Tanjirou Diary (part 1)
Chapter 5 - Tanjirou Diary (part 2)

Episode 4 - Final Selection

Chapter 6 - Pile O’ Hands
Chapter 7 - Spirit of the Dead

Episode 5 - My Own Steel

Chapter 8 - Big Brother
Chapter 9 - Welcome Home

Episode 6 - Swordsman Accompanying a Demon

Chapter 10 - Swamp of Abduction
Chapter 11 - Suggestions

Episode 7 - Kibutsuji Muzan

Chapter 12 - I cannot say
Chapter 13 - You Are...

Episode 8 - The Smell of Enchanting Blood

Chapter 14 - Kibutsuji’s Fury - Bewitching Fragrance of Blood
Chapter 15 - The Doctor’s Opinion

Episode 9 - Temari Demon and Arrow Demon

Chapter 16 - The Playing of Handballs
Chapter 17 - The Arrow Pattern Demon

Episode 10 - Together Forever

Chapter 18 - Curse-Bound
Chapter 19 - Always Together

Episode 11 - Tsuzumi Mansion

Chapter 20 - Agatsuma Zenitsu
Chapter 21 - Drum House

Episode 12 - The Boar Bears Its Tusks, Zenitsu Sleeps

Chapter 22 - The Sudden Appearance of a Pig
Chapter 23 - The Pig Bears Its Tusks - Zenitsu Sleeps
Chapter 24 - Ex-Twelve Demon Moon

Episode 13 - Something More Important Than Life

Chapter 25 - Self Inspiration
Chapter 26 - Bare Handed Fight (first half)

Episode 14 - The House with the Wisteria Family Crest

Chapter 26 - Bare Handed Fight (second half)
Chapter 27 - Hashibira Inosuke

Episode 15 - Natagumo Mountain

Chapter 28 - Emergency Summon
Chapter 29 - Natagumo Mountain

Episode 16 - Letting Someone Else Go First

Chapter 30 - Puppet Dolls
Chapter 31 - Who’s going to step forward if I don’t step forward myself
Chapter 32 - Sharp Stench (first half)

Episode 17 - You Must Master a Single Thing

Chapter 32 - Sharp Stench (second half)
Chapter 33 - Pain, going forward while writhing
Chapter 34 - The Strongest Blade

Episode 18 - A Forged Bond

Chapter 35 - Scattered
Chapter 36 - This is bad
Chapter 37 - Broken Sword

Episode 19 - God of Fire

Chapter 38 - Genuine and Fake
Chapter 39 - While life flashes before one’s eyes
Chapter 40 - God of Fire

Episode 20 - Pretend Family

Chapter 41 - Kochou Shinobu
Chapter 42 - Behind

Episode 21 - Against Corps Rules

Chapter 43 - To Hell
Chapter 44 - Violation of Demon Hunters Conduct

Episode 22 - Master of the Mansion

Chapter 45 - Joint Trial of the Demon Hunter Pillars
Chapter 46 - Oyakata-sama

Episode 23 - Hashira Meeting

Chapter 47 - Huff
Chapter 48 - The Butterfly Estate

Episode 24 - Rehabilitation Training

Chapter 49 - Functional Recovery Training (part 1)
Chapter 50 - Functional Recovery Training [(part 2) first half]

Episode 25 - Tsuguko, Tsuyuri Kanao

Chapter 50 - Functional Recovery Training [(part 2) second half]
Chapter 51 - The Nichirin Blade Comes Home (first half)
Chapter 59.5 - Kanao’s extra

Episode 26 - New Mission

Chapter 51 - The Nichrin Blade Comes Home (second half)
Chapter 52 - Merciless
Chapter 53 - You Are...

XenocrisiSep 24, 2019 8:45 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 22, 2019 11:38 AM
Oct 2012
Thanks for doing this, I wonder if they'll speed it up during heavy action chapters.
Apr 22, 2019 11:46 AM

May 2016
is the adaptation pacing slow, fast? Seeing as it's adapting a chapter or two every episode, how many pages are in each chapter?

Apr 22, 2019 11:56 AM

May 2015
i hope 3 chapters per episode during fights,if it's 2 chapters even on fights say goodbye to rengoku arc,3 chapters for next episode are perfect.
Apr 22, 2019 7:50 PM
Apr 2016
Ponds667 said:
is the adaptation pacing slow, fast? Seeing as it's adapting a chapter or two every episode, how many pages are in each chapter?

I'd say that the anime pacing is just fine, neither slow nor fast. Only the first chapter have around 50 pages; the rest have 17-19 pages. Early Kimetsu chapters have really fast pacing, so it makes sense that the early episodes cover 2 chapters each. I predict that it will become 3 chapters per episode after ep 5.
Apr 23, 2019 5:06 AM

May 2016
youdontknowwho said:
Ponds667 said:

I'd say that the anime pacing is just fine, neither slow nor fast. Only the first chapter have around 50 pages; the rest have 17-19 pages. Early Kimetsu chapters have really fast pacing, so it makes sense that the early episodes cover 2 chapters each. I predict that it will become 3 chapters per episode after ep 5.

thanks for the update! How do you feel about the adaptation so far?

Apr 23, 2019 9:17 AM
Apr 2016
Ponds667 said:

thanks for the update! How do you feel about the adaptation so far?

I'm really happy with it. I know people take it for granted because it's ufotable, but I appreciate the studio for their attention to detail (they even animated the moving jaws of masked characters when they're speaking). Voice acting and music are top notch (by the way I feel the soundtrack so far is more Go Shiina than Yuki Kajiura. Wish people would give him more credit). Overall the anime adapts the source material faithfully, and expands upon it (such as the fight with Sabito). If they can keep up this level of quality for the remaining episode, I have no doubt this will be a great adaptation.
Apr 24, 2019 8:54 AM

Nov 2007
Think they'll make it to the Red Light District Arc? I feel that the was the first really epic battle in the series.
Apr 24, 2019 10:24 AM
Oct 2012
Shadow_Strider said:
Think they'll make it to the Red Light District Arc? I feel that the was the first really epic battle in the series.

I don't really think so, that'll be very high paced.
May 5, 2019 3:09 AM

Jan 2015
My guess for the 6th episode is either till the 12th chapter or the first half of the 13th chapter. While ending on the first half of the 13th chapter is the most fitting ending, I’m not so sure they have enough time to reach it. We’ll see
May 5, 2019 4:07 PM

Feb 2019
Thanks for this, now I can re-read the part that was already animated. Really appreciated. (*^^*)

Hope they reach the flame pillar arc in this adaptation. That was one of my favorite arc.
May 5, 2019 4:32 PM

Jul 2013
mainavi said:
Thanks for this, now I can re-read the part that was already animated. Really appreciated. (*^^*)

Hope they reach the flame pillar arc in this adaptation. That was one of my favorite arc.

Most likely gonna be the last arc of the season. Best stopping point for the season without rushing and it gives you a taste of the scope of the later arcs which is gonna serve as a great "go read the manga if you want more" end until the assumed S2 lol.

May 5, 2019 4:53 PM
Oct 2012
Xenocrisi said:
My guess for the 6th episode is either till the 12th chapter or the first half of the 13th chapter. While ending on the first half of the 13th chapter is the most fitting ending, I’m not so sure they have enough time to reach it. We’ll see

Do you think it is unlikely for them to continue with two chapters next episode?
May 5, 2019 5:07 PM

Jul 2013
Eniie said:
Xenocrisi said:

Do you think it is unlikely for them to continue with two chapters next episode?

Pretty unlikely tbh. Unlike the already adapted chapters so far, the chapters that will be adapted next episode will be pretty straightforward which can be covered quickly.
Like Xenocrisi said, it'll be either 3 chapters or 3.5 chapters for ep 6. There's the chance that they'll be shifting some scenes around a bit to make it flow better since they've already done so with the past episodes or even add some original scenes but I think it's pretty safe to go with the mentioned expectations.
EasyGo-erMay 5, 2019 5:15 PM

May 11, 2019 8:04 AM

Jul 2013
EasyGo-er said:
There's the chance that they'll be shifting some scenes around a bit to make it flow better since they've already done so with the past episodes or even add some original scenes but I think it's pretty safe to go with the mentioned expectations.

So they did add quite a bit of stuff early on before Tanjirou actually meeting the demon, which I'm not complaining about since it really made the anime flows a lot better.

Ep 6 ended with chapter 11 so they're still doing 2 chapters this week.

May 11, 2019 8:47 AM

Jan 2015
@EasyGo-er
Yeah I wasn’t expecting additional stuff tho. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing but I can’t see how much they are gonna adapt in 26 episodes if they keep going like this.
May 11, 2019 9:00 AM
Oct 2012
Xenocrisi said:
@EasyGo-er
Yeah I wasn’t expecting additional stuff tho. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing but I can’t see how much they are gonna adapt in 26 episodes if they keep going like this.

First cour will be until Drum house and start of Natagumo. 2nd cour will be Natagumo and functional recovery training arc at this pace
EniieMay 11, 2019 9:03 AM
May 11, 2019 9:35 AM

Jan 2015
Eniie said:
Xenocrisi said:
@EasyGo-er

First cour will be until Drum house and start of Natagumo. 2nd cour will be Natagumo and functional recovery training arc at this pace

The most important thing is that they reach chapter 66 or whatever, when you know what happens
May 11, 2019 9:41 AM
Oct 2012
Xenocrisi said:
Eniie said:

The most important thing is that they reach chapter 66 or whatever, when you know what happens

I'm pretty sure that won't happen. Maybe if there is Season 3 (assuming this one is split cour)
May 11, 2019 9:48 AM

Jan 2015
@Eniie
Well, next episode is adapting chapters 12, 13 and 14 for sure, so there’s hope they keep the pace with at least 3 chapters per episode. But yeah, at this point I believe you might be right. Can’t say that is a very smart choice, but hey I’m still super happy this manga is getting animated so...
May 18, 2019 8:34 AM

Jul 2013
Xenocrisi said:
@Eniie
Well, next episode is adapting chapters 12, 13 and 14 for sure, so there’s hope they keep the pace with at least 3 chapters per episode. But yeah, at this point I believe you might be right. Can’t say that is a very smart choice, but hey I’m still super happy this manga is getting animated so...

Ep 7 is still adapting 2 chapters with chapter 12 and 13 this week. They can still fully adapt up to chapter 69 while keeping it average 3 chap per ep for now but at this point, I'm just gonna wait until we actually get into Natagumo Mountain Arc where most of the fights are to get a sense of where they're ending the season since I'm positively sure they're gonna keep adapting the 1st-cour on similar pacing up until the point at the end of the ED sequence.

If they end up ep 13 at the point in the ED, they can still finish up Demon Train by keeping all remaining 13 episodes on 3 chapters average btw.
EasyGo-erMay 18, 2019 8:50 AM

May 19, 2019 2:53 AM

Jan 2015
@EasyGo-er
Yeah I’m quite positive they will end the first cour with the Drum House arc at this point.
Natagumo Mountain arc is quite long, but I truly doubt they wanna make it last more than 5 episodes, which would make sense, and they would still have time to adapt till chapter 69. So I’m gonna predict that the last 3/4 episodes will adapt the Demon Train arc
XenocrisiMay 19, 2019 2:58 AM
May 25, 2019 8:09 AM

Jan 2015
Episode 8 adapted two chapters again, I wonder for how many episodes they’ll keep this pacing. Not that I’m complaining, they’re doing an amazing job
May 25, 2019 8:23 AM

Jul 2015
Xenocrisi said:
Episode 8 adapted two chapters again, I wonder for how many episodes they’ll keep this pacing. Not that I’m complaining, they’re doing an amazing job

Probably whole 2 cour,

By the end of the second cour they should complete upto Natagumo Mountain Arc.

May 25, 2019 9:13 AM

Apr 2018
Vivekananda said:
Xenocrisi said:

Probably whole 2 cour,

natagumo mountain as the final? God I hope not. I still have my faith that Ufo will adapt akaza vs Rengoku's fight for the final arc of this season.
May 25, 2019 9:25 AM

Jul 2015
Jfs_ said:
Vivekananda said:

Probably whole 2 cour,

natagumo mountain as the final? God I hope not. I still have my faith that Ufo will adapt akaza vs Rengoku's fight for the final arc of this season.

Well if you see the OP it seems to hint at that

The first season might end at

May 25, 2019 9:58 AM
Apr 2016
Vivekananda said:

Probably whole 2 cour,

It's not possible to cover only that much even if they keep doing 2 chapters per episode. The spider mountain arc ends around chapter 43.
May 25, 2019 10:10 AM
Oct 2012
youdontknowwho said:
Vivekananda said:

Probably whole 2 cour,

It's not possible to cover only that much even if they keep doing 2 chapters per episode. The spider mountain arc ends around chapter 43.

They'll probably do some chapters of functional recovery training, or all of it.
May 25, 2019 10:20 AM
Apr 2016
Eniie said:

They'll probably do some chapters of functional recovery training, or all of it.

They should be able to do the whole training easily, but it's not a good place to end the season on. Ideally the first season finale should be the conclusion of train arc, but it will require them to speed up the upcoming fights a bit.
May 25, 2019 10:30 AM
Oct 2012
youdontknowwho said:
Eniie said:

They should be able to do the whole training easily, but it's not a good place to end the season on. Ideally the first season finale should be the conclusion of train arc, but it will require them to speed up the upcoming fights a bit.

Yeah it's not an ideal place to finish the season (although there'd be a nice meeting as a cliffhanger between the demons), but I think they already have season 2 in mind which will probably cover Demon train arc and red light district.
May 26, 2019 5:04 AM

Apr 2015
I am pretty sure it will adapt until chapter 51+/- there is that reunion and recovery arc. It is a nice setup for "looking what await for you next."
May 29, 2019 4:56 PM

Aug 2011
this adaptation is so good in terms of ost, bg-art and animation but damn why are they stretching the most boring parts so bad... hope they don't stick to "2chap per 1ep" during the spiderverse arc
Jun 1, 2019 8:03 AM

Jan 2015
Two chapters covered yet again.
Zenitsu’s introduction next episode
Jun 4, 2019 1:42 AM

Jan 2015
Updated till the 13th episode. Pretty safe to assume the first 13 episodes will end on chapter 25 completing the Drum House arc
Jun 4, 2019 7:04 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Xenocrisi said:
Updated till the 13th episode. Pretty safe to assume the first 13 episodes will end on chapter 25 completing the Drum House arc

Where’s a good ending spot (in terms of Chapter number) for the 26th episode, if I may ask? Is it likely that they’ll follow 2 Chapters per Episode for the second cour too?

Anyway, thanks for going out of your way and doing this! I’m about to catch up to the show today so I’d like to believe the pacing will remain steady throughout you see.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 6, 2019 12:44 PM

Jan 2015
_MushiRock11_ said:
Xenocrisi said:

Where’s a good ending spot (in terms of Chapter number) for the 26th episode, if I may ask? Is it likely that they’ll follow 2 Chapters per Episode for the second cour too?

Anyway, thanks for going out of your way and doing this! I’m about to catch up to the show today so I’d like to believe the pacing will remain steady throughout you see.

Chapter 66 or something like that. Although at this point it looks like is going to adapt till chapter 50 or something, and it’s not the best stopping point imo since it would mean a cliffhanger ending but whatever
Jun 6, 2019 8:37 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Xenocrisi said:

Chapter 66 or something like that. Although at this point it looks like is going to adapt till chapter 50 or something, and it’s not the best stopping point imo since it would mean a cliffhanger ending but whatever

Ah, I see, thanks a lot!
I’ll be hoping it ends at around the 66th Chapter too because I do not like cliffhangers, especially the season finales.

Jun 13, 2019 2:24 AM

Oct 2014
So at this pace this will end in "Functional Recovery Training Arc"?
I think its better to end on previus arc or later arc
Jun 22, 2019 8:03 AM

Jan 2015
Wow lmfao 3 chapters this time. Unexpected but more than welcome
Jun 22, 2019 8:34 AM
Oct 2012
Xenocrisi said:

That was very very surprising, but the episode flowed amazing and it was action ep, very good decision. I doubt they'll make 3 chapters each from now on but if they do they'll cover the train arc.
Jun 22, 2019 11:57 PM

Aug 2017
Ponds667 said:

Haven’t read the manga but the beginning episodes dragged a lil imo but after 3 or 4 it picks up and so far stays at a consistent pace with little filler.
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Jun 22, 2019 11:58 PM

Aug 2017
Eniie said:
Xenocrisi said:

That was very very surprising, but the episode flowed amazing and it was action ep, very good decision. I doubt they'll make 3 chapters each from now on but if they do they'll cover the train arc.

The director deserves all the internet love this episode was great.
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Jun 29, 2019 8:18 AM

Apr 2018
Episode 13. This is not even 2 chapter. Duh. I guess The demon train arc is not possible for this season huh. how sad. But if this series ever have a second season, Demon train arc and Red Light arc in the same season wound be awesome tho.
Jun 29, 2019 8:50 AM
Apr 2016
Jfs_ said:
Episode 13. This is not even 2 chapter. Duh. I guess The demon train arc is not possible for this season huh. how sad. But if this series ever have a second season, Demon train arc and Red Light arc in the same season wound be awesome tho.

I don't know what they were even thinking. 2 chapters is slow enough, but now it's only 1.5 chapter. They could have included
and it would have made a good cliffhanger too, but no. They are treating this anime like a long-running one like Naruto or Black Clover. Now we can officially say goodbye to the train arc being animated this season. What a shame.
Jun 29, 2019 10:35 AM

Jan 2015
@youdontknowwho
I found episode 13 to be actually nice.

Anyway, my predictions for episode 14 updated
Jul 1, 2019 2:35 PM

Apr 2015
The next big arc has a lot of action, let's see if is going to be 3 chapters or something like that. But my guess the anime will finish with chapter 50...
Jul 1, 2019 2:42 PM
Apr 2016
Damn, I assume we'll get a second season. That's good.
Jul 2, 2019 1:41 AM

Jan 2015
@2ego
Yeah I’ve been suspecting it too. There’s NO way they wouldn’t want to adapt the Demon Train Arc or the Red Light District Arc. There’s surely a reason they are going this slow, and that’s probably to end on a cliffhanger and make a second season happen
Jul 13, 2019 10:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
2ego said:
Damn, I assume we'll get a second season. That's good.

Official twitter page for Kimetsu no Yaiba has exceeded the 200k mark followers and that too within 15 weeks of broadcasting so rest assured a 2nd Season is most likely already on the charts.

Jul 20, 2019 8:04 AM

Jan 2015
Hope they are smart enough to cover 3 chapters next episode (17)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why demon slayer is hated? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

scrapertoop - Nov 6, 2022

244 by Besto »»
Mar 21, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

527 by MsBorsh »»
Mar 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1093 by Emilydean »»
Mar 11, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2019

270 by instantzoso »»
Mar 4, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2019

190 by RAvengineer »»
Mar 3, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.