Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 23, 2019 12:18 AM

May 2017
many many ones but rn on top of my mind i tokyo ghoul,they butchered it lots
May 23, 2019 1:41 AM
Sep 2018
Every anime more than 50 episodes long.. plus clear, well defined action in action anime remakes similar to one punch man's e.g one piece and fairy tail.. and while they're at it remake one punch man season 2, it's really BAD!!
May 23, 2019 1:42 AM
Jan 2018
Fate route

tokyo ghoul

Magical index
May 23, 2019 1:43 AM
Jan 2018
Old_School_Akira said:
Full metal alchemist brotherhood

Brotherhood was rushed with bad directing. Don’t skip chapters next time

Cowboy bebop . With no filler this time.

HxH. With no green island arc and better art like the old version

Your Name. Because that movie’s story sucks

They aren't going to remake a remake
May 23, 2019 1:45 AM

Feb 2018
Ataraxya said:
Pandora Hearts (with the manga ending)

Seconded

I turned to the manga after I was disappointed with the anime ending, which was abrupt and answered virtually nothing, and I was surprised to discover Pandora Hearts is one of the greatest manga ever made. Still waiting for the day when a studio will pick up this incredible story and animate in full. It deserves it so bad, and so do I
May 23, 2019 2:00 AM
Sep 2018
Some anime's are painfully long, some with fillers and others with dialogue, some anime protagonists are whiney which is excruciating to watch, some have bad character design and some just have bad animation, some have muddled, blurry or unclear action scenes,, anddd worst of all some are badly directed.. all of these should be remade more compactly, with better character designs and animation, with clear well defined action scenes and with veteran directors at the helm.. among a few examples would be one piece, naruto, fairy tail, berserk, Tokyo ghoul.
May 23, 2019 2:19 AM

Nov 2012
Well since it would have to be one of the classics to be remade I vote for Tenchi Muyou! I would like if the studio Feel. did it!

Phlaryx said:
It would be cool if Yu Yu Hakusho got the Hunter x Hunter 2011 treatment.

That's a good idea!
May 23, 2019 2:39 AM

Aug 2016
Anyone who says "Pandora heart" is my sworn friend,
Giving this masterpiece manga to same studio who developed "to love ru" or whatever the name of this thing was is just make so livid!
Hope "vanitas no carte" (from the same mangaka who wrote pandora heart) got a good adaptation from bones studio :(
May 23, 2019 2:46 AM

Mar 2017
I suggest Slam Dunk, Saiyuki and Saiyuki Reload since they're completed and the old adaptations were horrible, filled with fillers (S, SR).
May 23, 2019 2:51 AM
Feb 2019
Easily Urusei Yatsura, Kimagure orange road, and pretty much every other 80s anime. They also really need to rework sailor moon again since the one that came out recently is utter garbage
May 23, 2019 2:56 AM

Nov 2017
- GTO
- Chibi Maruko-chan
- Chibi vampire karin
- Suzumiya Haruhi
- Ninja Hattori
- Nintama Rantarô

There's more of it but, i cant recall the tittle correctly
Now Loading.....
May 23, 2019 3:00 AM

Jun 2016
Queen_Alexia said:
NANA!!! But the mangaka never finished the manga.... but some closure would be nice

^I 2nd that. I'd love to see another take on this maybe with an actual ending this time :3

Also Initial D and Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou(His and Her Circumstances) could profit from a facelift :3
rip.
May 23, 2019 3:08 AM

Jun 2016
I would like to see Revolutionary Girl Utena given the Eva Reboot treatment, but I feel like they would fuck it up.
May 23, 2019 3:14 AM
Sep 2018
Issmail22Lawfy said:
ofc one piece should be the first one
also tokyo ghoul i think

those two are high-rated manga executed by studios

one piece is the least likely to even have reboot mentioned for it
May 23, 2019 5:50 AM
Mar 2018
Do you know how many "reboot" threads there already are?
People on the forums just keep rebooting the reboot threads!

Ah, anyway, time for my take.
Yes, my brothers, my fellow believers in the holy word of the hawk of light, I too believe that someone competent needs to pick up berserk, whether its games or a series though the golden age has been adapted to death, all we need is someone with the big hairy ones to cover something like lost children, if they can cover those arcs than the rest could fall into place.

it would be a bit of an effort to cover everything legally available though, as it's taken more than 30 years to create berserk and it still isn't finished, miura has slowed berserk to a crawl too.
fans often joke how long it'll actually take him to finish it, I'd think it would be better to cover it seasonally like some of the battle shonen are doing now, but to do it justice might make it every 2 years

Claymore is one of my all time favourite series, but I'll admit that even the manga doesn't have the best art, particularly on human characters - many of the awakened beings look awesome and they are designs that would only have another home in a world like berserk's.

Madhouse did the anime for claymore, but they were also doing the second or third episode of Hellsing Ultimate at the time.

Claymore didn't end up looking terrible, but when you look at Deadman wonderland, which was their main focus when they did that, and nearly any of the episodes of Hellsing Ultimate next to what they did for Claymore, they could have done much better for Claymore.

Yup, I'm thinking they should do Claymore, covering the whole series (could be 50+) with more of the Hellsing aesthetic, hell, hellsong ultimate is a reboot of mad house's first attempt, why not this?
May 23, 2019 5:57 AM

Oct 2018
kienshina123 said:
Well never forget Fate/Stay Night Saber Route lol. Gungrave maybe?

Definitely. I don't want to stay/night routes to feature the original.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

May 23, 2019 6:20 AM
Jan 2018
It depends on why they'd need a reboot and that'd mean different things can change.

If it's for shitty execution, Berserk(2016/17) would be pretty high on the list.

If it's because the anime got ahead of the manga and had an anime-only ending and the manga has finished now... god there are so many. Akame ga Kill comes to mind, a lot of battle shounen(although for those it's usually more about removing fillers and fixing the pacing) and many more.

If it's because it's an anime original, that went downhill at some point, probably DitF(2nd half needs to be properly executed). Something like Code Geass could also profit from some plot points being fixed and there are many more.
May 23, 2019 6:51 AM

May 2018
Darling in the FRANXX.

They ruined the second half to the point that it's unwatchable.
May 23, 2019 7:00 AM
Dec 2012
Phlaryx said:
It would be cool if Yu Yu Hakusho got the Hunter x Hunter 2011 treatment.

This, and Rurouni Kenshin, the tv series not the OVA.
May 23, 2019 7:00 AM

Oct 2017
rurouni kenshin, a bit more faithful kyoto arc with a full adaption of the jinchuu/ending
May 23, 2019 7:34 AM
Sep 2017
SAO deserve better treatment and competent director who respect the source material. Call me LN purist,but A1 adaptation was complete garbage, consist of unnecessary fanservice shot and cutting monologue( but hey, that just my opinion).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2019 7:40 AM

Dec 2015
A lot, but right now I'd say OPM Season 2
May 23, 2019 7:41 AM

Apr 2017
Soul Eater;
Zero no Tsukaima;
Nisekoi;
And maybe... Boruto?
May 23, 2019 7:42 AM

Apr 2017
weeabootakbankai said:
SAO deserve better treatment and competent director who respect the source material. Call me LN purist,but A1 adaptation was complete garbage, consist of unnecessary fanservice shot and cutting monologue( but hey, that just my opinion).

Also this even tho I still like the adaptation because HOLY SHIT THOSE ANIMATIONS.
May 23, 2019 7:44 AM

Apr 2017
Reven-of-death said:
Giving this masterpiece manga to same studio who developed "to love ru" or whatever the name of this thing was is just make so livid!
Hope "vanitas no carte" (from the same mangaka who wrote pandora heart) got a good adaptation from bones studio :(

Wait are you implying that To LOVE-Ru is bad?

(#`Д´)
May 23, 2019 10:37 AM
Dec 2017
prophet_dan said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:
ofc one piece should be the first one
also tokyo ghoul i think

those two are high-rated manga executed by studios

yeah but it still the anime that deserve a good reboot by a studio like ( kyoto animation ) even it would be a groundbreaking thing even if it will happen after 100 year from now.

( a great manga deserve a great anime ) japan studios should start thinking like this .
because most of the time they don't give great manga the adaptation they deserve .
May 23, 2019 11:04 AM

May 2018
Saiunkoku Monogatari. Only anime so far that i want justice for.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 愛してる *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

May 23, 2019 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
Taking aside the obvious Tokyo Ghoul, I'd say One Punch Man season 2
May 23, 2019 11:19 AM

May 2019
Old_School_Akira said:
Full metal alchemist brotherhood

Brotherhood was rushed with bad directing. Don’t skip chapters next time

Cowboy bebop . With no filler this time.

HxH. With no green island arc and better art like the old version

Your Name. Because that movie’s story sucks

Why no greed island arc? It was incredible in my opinion. It also bleeds into the next arc so if it was removed there'd be a lot of content missing (their training with Bisky, Gon's jajanken and Killua's yo yo)
May 23, 2019 11:21 AM
Sep 2018
Issmail22Lawfy said:
prophet_dan said:

yeah but it still the anime that deserve a good reboot by a studio like ( kyoto animation ) even it would be a groundbreaking thing even if it will happen after 100 year from now.

( a great manga deserve a great anime ) japan studios should start thinking like this .
because most of the time they don't give great manga the adaptation they deserve .

tokyo ghoul i can understand but one piece already has the adaptation it deserves
May 23, 2019 11:27 AM

May 2019
Berserk definitely needs a remake, as loads of people are saying, and (please don't murder me for this but) the original dragon ball series just because it's too old and I personally can't stand it but I really love the manga.
May 23, 2019 11:48 AM

Aug 2016
Kuro_Neko04 said:
Reven-of-death said:

Wait are you implying that To LOVE-Ru is bad?

(#`Д´)

Well, I'll be honest I didn't watch it, though I saw a few scenes which was more than enough to see what kind of anime it was, now I'm not judging the anime itself even if hate the works that focusing on fanservice but if you took a close look at the studio's works you'll find out that most of the anime in his list is ecchi-harem generes! Now let's ask a question: is pandora heart that kind of anime?
Edit: sorry for my bad English *_*
Reven-of-deathMay 23, 2019 11:52 AM
May 23, 2019 11:50 AM
Jan 2018
prophet_dan said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:

tokyo ghoul i can understand but one piece already has the adaptation it deserves
It's only "the adaptation it deserves", if you look at the first half minus some fillers and progressingly worse pacing before the timeskip(although still bearable). After the timeskip it's pretty much 1 chapter = 1 episode(probably even 1 chapter < 1 episode) and the quality also dropped.
I wouldn't mind a reboot, which could easily reduce the (current) almost 900 episodes into 400-500.
May 23, 2019 12:47 PM
Aug 2017
Well here are some that come to my mind

Guilty crown ( it had so much potential and the music is majestic)
Alot of anime made by madhouse (a continuation but still)

Tokyo ghoul and I can't stress this enough just make a fucking new anime coz this series was trash looking at u re s2.

Please before I did I wanna see hxh complete and I can't bare the art style of the manga, ik it's because he is I'll but I can't understand anything.
May 23, 2019 1:42 PM
Sep 2018
1048596beta said:
prophet_dan said:

It's only "the adaptation it deserves", if you look at the first half minus some fillers and progressingly worse pacing before the timeskip(although still bearable). After the timeskip it's pretty much 1 chapter = 1 episode(probably even 1 chapter < 1 episode) and the quality also dropped.
I wouldn't mind a reboot, which could easily reduce the (current) almost 900 episodes into 400-500.

400-500 episodes would not work for one piece even if it is a reboot and even if the manga has finished, 400-500 episodes would not work for it and in the past 100 episodes there has been no filler at all and i don't think they would be any for a while
May 23, 2019 1:47 PM

Mar 2013
Pandora Hearts
Tokyo Ghoul
Deadman Wonderland
And many others. But like @spaceinvaderlum said, we don't need the anime industry to become like hollywood
May 23, 2019 1:56 PM

Feb 2016
The first to cross my mind would be Gantz. The Manga is very good and interesting while the anime is a complete piece of shit that can't get its pacing right.
May 23, 2019 1:59 PM

Mar 2012
All CLAMP anime ever existed, they manage to add a lot of filler and remove a lot of setting-related info and a lot of important things in general, have horrible art or animation, treat anime not as an adaptation but as an alternate version to the manga and change it for the worse, or just adapt the manga badly. It would be awesome but impossible seeing a "CLAMPverse" anime adapting everything from RG Veda, Tokyo Babylon, X shorter series and up to a proper tsubasa Chronicles adaptation that would change to xxxholic for some episodes. They can leave out Chobits, Cardcaptor, CLAMP school detectives/dyklyon and Kobato if they have to since those weren't that bad, even if still guilty from skipping a lot despite adding filler. But that's impossible, so maybe at least a Tsubasa remake someday...

A proper adaptation of Umineko.

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro. The adaptation turned it into a stupid episodic show adapting only one arc in the middle more or less right.

A lot of light novel adaptations deserve to be more slow paced and not skipping things like crazy to become enjoyable series, like Spice and Wolf.

Slayers needs a sequel and maybe a spin-ff series adapting more stories about Lina and Naga more than a reboot. Reborn! needs a sequel adapting the last two arcs more than a reboot too.
May 23, 2019 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
A proper adaptation of Ace o Nerae!
70s series covered only one part of the manga and strayed significantly. Same for second series, while the 90s OVAs skipped a lot of content. 50-60 episodes would suffice for 18 volumes.

Same for Hikari no Densetsu (anime had only 19 episodes out of an 18 volume manga). With new animation and music treatment, like Yuri on Ice!

Tokimeki Tonight could also work since the manga kept on for so long and 80s anime adapted only a few early volumes.

May 23, 2019 3:13 PM
Jan 2018
prophet_dan said:
1048596beta said:

400-500 episodes would not work for one piece even if it is a reboot and even if the manga has finished, 400-500 episodes would not work for it and in the past 100 episodes there has been no filler at all and i don't think they would be any for a while
You overestimate here how much is actual content in those episodes. Just skimmed through the last 5 episodes: The OP is still 3 minutes long(1.5 minutes is the standard in every other anime) and is followed by another 1 minute intro-thingy. I got at least 20 minutes of Impel Down/Marineford recap, 10 minutes Drum Island recap and 15 minutes Alabasta recap, possibly more. Considering that an episode is 24 minutes long and we have 45 minutes+ of recap, 20 minutes of OP+Intro, that's 65+ minutes of 120 minutes not spent on actual content. Basically half of it was filler.
The best pace to adapt the manga would be to translate 2 chapters into 1 episode(the manga is 15-20 pages per chapter iirc). The manga is currently at 942 chapters and the anime at 885 episodes(corresponding chapters would probably be ~905-910). The anime with its current content should have about 900/2=450 episodes. However, there are almost twice that amount, which just goes to show how glacial the pacing is(or rather has become) and on top of that how much the actual content is watered down by OPs, recaps, etc.
May 23, 2019 3:23 PM
Dec 2017
prophet_dan said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:

One piece adaptation is n't as terrible as tokyo ghoul adaptation but one piece at least deserve something like HXH adaptation , to fix the pacing probleme .

manga with +9.07/ 10 as a scored and considered the second most successful book in history after batman comic , it's a disgrace to have an anime scored with 8.50/10
that's because toei consider one piece as a money-maker so they gave it an average animation and slow pacing to make more money.

that's why it deserve a better adaptation
May 23, 2019 3:32 PM
Sep 2018
Issmail22Lawfy said:
prophet_dan said:

One piece adaptation is n't as terrible as tokyo ghoul adaptation but one piece at least deserve something like HXH adaptation , to fix the pacing probleme .

manga with +9.07/ 10 as a scored and considered the second most successful book in history after batman comic , it's a disgrace to have an anime scored with 8.50/10
that's because toei consider one piece as a money-maker so they gave it an average animation and slow pacing to make more money.

god no HXH is even worse, having a reboot of one piece be like that hell no!!!. i don't like the idea of it having 2 versions of the same opening stretched across 500 episodes, one piece is fine as is they don't need to retell the story, just leave it as is and be glad to have it adapted
May 23, 2019 3:37 PM

Dec 2013
I want a reboot of Please Save My Earth. The manga was really popular in Japan and it did get a 6-episode OVA in the 90s, but obviously that's nowhere near enough to cover 21 volumes of content.
May 23, 2019 3:44 PM

Jun 2008
OP’s face deserves a reboot.....
May 23, 2019 3:46 PM
Nov 2017
The Junji Ito Collection, this time by a studio that would do Junki Ito's works justice.
May 23, 2019 3:46 PM

Dec 2012
If I had to just pick one, I'd probably say Claymore. Give it the Brotherhood (or rather, Sisterhood) treatment. A full & faithful adaptation, top notch production quality & completely uncensored. It would undoubtedly have potential to go down as one of the greats.
May 23, 2019 4:09 PM
Dec 2017
prophet_dan said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:

god no HXH is even worse, having a reboot of one piece be like that hell no!!!. i don't like the idea of it having 2 versions of the same opening stretched across 500 episodes, one piece is fine as is they don't need to retell the story, just leave it as is and be glad to have it adapted

what i mean is they should go with 2 chapter in every episode like HxH 2011 they should edit just the pacing and not the openings .

of course one piece is still great as it is now ( for me atleast ) and i'm very glad to have it and it's still my favorite shounen.
but having less episodes will make it more popular , people who avoid it because it's long for them will give it a chance .
and finaly it will get the score it deserve .

just think how good adaptation turned HXH from a manga that no one know about to one of the most popular anime and high-rated ones
May 23, 2019 4:27 PM
Dec 2013
Black Cat and Rosario to Vampire. Rosario even had a sequel manga that never received an adaptation.
May 23, 2019 4:40 PM

Aug 2007
Tsubasa Chronicles. BVoth seasons not counting 5 OVA. I mean, Tecnically the story is complete and as fans I can say we need a better adaption.
May 23, 2019 4:42 PM

Aug 2018
Definetely Claymore and Berserk. The first was average-good but had a terrible filler ending, whereas the old 1997 anime of Berserk was good but stopped at the most disturbing and terrifying moment of the manga as a nasty cliffhanger.

And let's not speak of Berserk 2016 hahahahaha
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why were children’s anime dubs so unappreciated?

funtime43_tr - Today

22 by Kirjath »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - 1 hour ago

5 by Daviljoe193 »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Yesterday

122 by IsaacOB »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you find how the anime community finds something to be edgy annoying?

vasipi4946 - 1 hour ago

4 by Lhundrup »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » From what side of the neck do you enjoy being bitten by your vampire master?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

8 by Lucifrost »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.