Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 21, 2019 9:34 PM

Mar 2018
Zoroft said:
Esquirtit said:
Eren is just a baby

See I was spot on with my assessment, you completely ignore context to make your poorly interpreted statements. In this case it was completely obvious context too that was shown repeatedly, Eren saw him mom getting eaten by a Titan so of course he's going to be a little angry about that don't you think? How is he a baby because of that, do explain. Meanwhile Deku throws a tantrum just because he couldn't become a prestigious celebrity in his world. Seems like you got the two characters mixed up. Beside heroes in MHA world are just attention whores who get to punch bad guys in the face to look good because the villains are all apparently from Tokusatsu and have to attack people in the streets.
What I meant by that is the difference in the main characters their motivations. I was too fixated on comparing them and I already said they arent comparable so whatever. Thats why I didnt bother going further into that and edited my comment
poop
May 21, 2019 9:58 PM
May 2019
@Esquirtit

Armin has always had a inferiority complex ever since he was little, is the thing, those dont just instantly go away the moment someone goes and recognizes you, that isnt quite how complexes work. Everyone always shoves extreme questions onto him like "who do you think this is" or shove extreme situations onto him instead of idk trying to figure out how to get out of shitty situations themselves as well, he has a lot of pressure and expectations to live up to, and hes not that strong of a guy on top of a inferiority complex too. Someone with those traits will naturally lose their cool here and there with all that weight on them, its only human.
May 21, 2019 9:59 PM
May 2019
Esquirtit said:
I didn't miss it
Aside from the characters who were already in the Survey Corps no one
NO ONE

...moments later...

I'm talking about the main characters.

Nice moving the goalposts now that I provided evidence to the contrary of what you said. I take it you gave up on the Armin's confidence being inconsistent part of your argument? You clearly missed that. Your posts are very scatter-brained and lack any logical flow. You go from one thing to another without any coherency. What does Armin having known about his parents' have to do with anything, how does that refute them being truth-seekers which was the whole reason I brought them up?

You just said the Eren and crew were bad characters a minute ago, now suddenly you claim that you "already said the characters in the Survey Corps are well done?" What??? Then you jump back to season three part one and say they weren't already fighting against those in power and mindlessly reiterate your point about "who cares about the journalist" again even though he was a person who seeked the truth which is why I brought him up to begin because YOU said NO ONE other than those already in the survey corp cared about find out the truth.

Your next point is that apparently without technology people can't be monitored which is so utterly stupid and ridiculous I don't know if it's even worth responding to, signifying just how completely ignorant you are. And then you jump to a point that wasn't even in the argument about Armin??? (I think but you didn't specify) being afraiiiid??? of seeking the truth and that's why he didn't develop as a character like what??? Then you throw out this claim that this "whole them was poor" as if you made any sense at all.
May 21, 2019 10:01 PM

May 2016
It's funny cause I'm a manga reader, my brother is not. We've both watched the series from the beginning and he's always enjoyed it, but thought it was overrated. He's now saying he's enjoying this season a lot and that it's generally improved. I really can't see why, but I'm glad. Maybe it was something to do with how much the characters are evolving, and that fighting Titans like the Colossan and the Armored one is now emotional too since we know who they are.
May 21, 2019 10:03 PM
May 2019
Esquirtit said:
What I meant by that is the difference in the main characters their motivations.

Keep moving those goalposts. So what about Deku's motivation of wanting to be the Hero King Hokage is better than Eren's?
May 21, 2019 10:32 PM

Mar 2018
Zoroft said:
Esquirtit said:
What I meant by that is the difference in the main characters their motivations.

Keep moving those goalposts. So what about Deku's motivation of wanting to be the Hero King Hokage is better than Eren's?
Obviously because the word hero means more than killing titans for revenge. How am I shifting goalposts if I literally compared both their goals, I just didnt want to go further into it because I realised there is not much value in comparing them.

If you think I didnt get much out of this conversation you are wrong, I now understand I'm in the camp that thinks the convoluted side of AoT's storyline is garbage. Only the mystery of the titans are interesting, but considering all titans are just transformed humans it can only be more convoluted crap. Might read the manga someday though. Next ep 5 should be the best ep this season because of the fight between Levi and Beast Titan, and the last ep the 2nd best for finally getting to the basement. Nothing else matters.

The royal family being puppets controlled by some douchebags or the other way around I dont even know anymore. Some races or bloodline who possess superpowers or something it's all just not good. There's still some titan sperm kenny has given to levi don't think I dont pay attention.
poop
May 21, 2019 10:39 PM

Apr 2019
Esquirtit said:
Zoroft said:

Obviously because the word hero means more than killing titans for revenge. How am I shifting goalposts if I literally compared both their goals, I just didnt want to go further into it because I realised there is not much value in comparing them.

If you think I didnt get much out of this conversation you are wrong, I now understand I'm in the camp that thinks the convoluted side of AoT's storyline is garbage. Only the mystery of the titans are interesting, but considering all titans are just transformed humans it can only be more convoluted crap. Might read the manga someday though. Next ep 5 should be the best ep this season because of the fight between Levi and Beast Titan, and the last ep the 2nd best for finally getting to the basement. Nothing else matters.

The royal family being puppets controlled by some douchebags or the other way around I dont even know anymore. Some races or bloodline who possess superpowers or something it's all just not good. There's still some titan sperm kenny has given to levi don't think I dont pay attention.

why does the word hero mean more than killing titans for revenge? thats some next level bullshit xD

there is no convoluted crap u just don't understand it yet because the information hasn't been revealed so stop trashtalking it like that

the basement is episode Nr.

and a lot else matters because there will be a lot of world building and interesting stuff told in the later episodes
You son of a .. turtle

May 21, 2019 10:55 PM
May 2019
Esquirtit said:

Obviously because the word hero means more than killing titans for revenge.

So it's because one of them dresses up their actions with pretty words, I guess you might as well buy a damaged product just because it's got more shiny sparkles on it. The thing is though it could easily be argued that being a scout and killing titans in Eren's world is far more heroic than being a hero fighting villains in Hero academia, after all being a scout is a far more unrewarding job that you get shit on for going against the flow because you believe in the greater good, not to mention the titans being much bigger obstacles to them than the villains are to the heroes in academia relatively speaking.

Esquirtit said:
the convoluted side of AoT's storyline is garbage.
The royal family being puppets controlled by some douchebags or the other way around I dont even know anymore.
I dont pay attention.

Seems like the issue has to do a lot more with you and poor comprehension skills than the writing of the show itself. You accuse the show of being of convoluted but can't even follow the basic plot. The royal family weren't being controlled at all, they even explicitly mentioned that Rod was running things behind the scenes. I think you just have problems with handling non trivial amounts information and your brain fizzes out.
May 21, 2019 10:55 PM

Mar 2018
Nim0174 said:
Esquirtit said:

why does the word hero mean more than killing titans for revenge? thats some next level bullshit xD

there is no convoluted crap u just don't understand it yet because the information hasn't been revealed so stop trashtalking it like that

the basement is episode Nr.

and a lot else matters because there will be a lot of world building and interesting stuff told in the later episodes
Because being a hero gives a lot of responsibilities and complications in a universe where being a superhero is actually possible. Since now it's just a title anyone can get and not something you are from the inside.

In comparison killing titans for revenge in a world where you already live like animals in a cage lacks depth. I only used this comparison between Deku and Eren because I wanted to strenghten my point why I believe the characters in MHA make for a better social drama. However I didnt continue because I realised it didnt have much value since both are way different stories with different themes and characters. It comes down to what you like more, I'm a fan of drama.

Yeah I just got pissed off since I guess talking as an anime only to people who've read the manga is pointless. The stuff he said about the characters not questioning the place they live in doesn't make much sense as an anime only. It was never presented in a such a way where you felt like the main characters had to fear speaking about it everywhere they are. Also the priests and military police where portrayed as complete lunatics when compared to the Survey Corps aka Erwin and the gang
poop
May 21, 2019 11:07 PM

Mar 2018
Zoroft said:
Esquirtit said:

Obviously because the word hero means more than killing titans for revenge.

So it's because one of them dresses up their actions with pretty words, I guess you might as well buy a damaged product just because it's got more shiny sparkles on it. The thing is though it could easily be argued that being a scout and killing titans in Eren's world is far more heroic than being a hero fighting villains in Hero academia, after all being a scout is a far more unrewarding job that you get shit on for going against the flow because you believe in the greater good, not to mention the titans being much bigger obstacle to them than the villains to heroes in Hero academia relatively speaking.

Esquirtit said:
the convoluted side of AoT's storyline is garbage.
The royal family being puppets controlled by some douchebags or the other way around I dont even know anymore.
I dont pay attention.

Seems like the issue has to do a lot more with you and poor comprehension skills than the writing of the show itself. You accuse the show of being of convoluted but can't even follow the basic plot. The royal family weren't being controlled at all, they even explicitly mentioned that Rod was running things behind the scenes. I think you just have problems with handling non trivial amounts information and your brain fizzes out.
''OR THE OTHER AROUND WAY I DONT EVEN KNOW ANYMORE''. S3 P1 was a long time ago, I just forgot who was controllng who. I already mentioned Historia being the queen in the background now one cares about, so hah, if I wasn't clear I found that whole part bad. You can keep believing people who don't like it are all stupid, I know better. They are actually all just uninteresting details and the people behind the anime agree and are far more interested in giving the audience some hype.

You were so hyped too, thought you caught me but nah, I clearly implied I didnt remember nor care. Just stop, it's all pointless, the anime clearly isn't interested in giving the viewer an in depth exploration of the world of AoT and its characters. I'll read the manga when it's finished.

Regarding MHA, so what? AoT doesn't explore the meaning of being a hero, MHA does. wtf
EsquirtitMay 21, 2019 11:16 PM
poop
May 21, 2019 11:13 PM

Sep 2013
There's definitely a correlation between the quality of the source material and the quality of the animation and direction -- Female Titan arc, Eren vs Armored Titan, Levi chase scene, this episode, etc.

In fact, this season reminds me of the early episodes of the Female Titan arc. Like, almost everything is perfect.
May 21, 2019 11:20 PM
May 2019
Esquirtit said:
Because being a hero gives a lot of responsibilities and complications

So does everybody who's an adult, so what?
Esquirtit said:
In comparison killing titans for revenge in a world where you already live like animals in a cage lacks depth

This sounds like you just strung up whatever you could and threw in "lacks depth" to make it sound like you have a point, but there's zero logic to this statement.
Killing titans for revenge is not heroic because you live like animals in a cage?
So because you live like animals in a cage, killing titans is not heroic...
People living like animals in a cage cannot be heroic by killing titans
Um what? killing titans is still their decision, they don't have to go out there, they can choose to live in complacency.

I didn't know 2018 was so long ago wow.
Esquirtit said:
I already mentioned Historia being the queen in the background now one cares about

What does that have to do with anything? And no one cares about her? By no one, who are you exactly talking about?

You're like a little kid
Esquirtit said:
You can keep believing people who don't like it are all stupid, I know better

Yeah I know a lot people who are very confident in themselves even though they are completely clueless but they got a big mouth, they tend to be very self-centered. I think people are stupid because they make stupid assertions with either incoherent logic or no logic at all and end up making a fool out of themselves.
ZoroftMay 21, 2019 11:32 PM
May 22, 2019 12:39 AM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Zoroft said:
That's rich coming from a guy who has BNHA as his top anime. No offense but it seems like to me that you have a bad case of the ADHD and more complicated scenarios that involve higher context take too much effort from your brain to keep you interested. As anyone with a functioning brain can you tell that the recent arcs of SnK have only improved in writing. Don't confuse your lack of interest in things beyond what is the most low grade stimulation as bad writing.

And no Stein's gate is not complicated.

@Zoroft Attack on Titan is literally one of the most mainstream easily consumable anime of the decade and is about as surface level as it gets lol, it's absolutely ridiculous to see you act so elitist about the show towards the other people in this post. You do realize it's pretty much on the same level as Sword Art Online right lol? What you're doing is basically the equivalent of trashing someone for liking Naruto and then bragging about being an anime connoisseur because you watch Bleach lol. Also whilst you're entitled to your opinion, kind of silly to look down on someone for watching My Hero Academia acting like Attack On Titan is such a superior show when it's very clear that most people would disagree with you (as they clearly do in this thread) considering the one season both shows finally overlapped, My Hero Academia was watched by more people and rated higher per person (and if someone watched one show, they almost certainly watched the other). Not to mention both of them are a part of the big mainstream starter anime of the decade that little kids watch when they're first getting into anime lol (alongside Sword Art Online, One Punchman, and maybe Tokyo Ghoul). But who cares if a show is surface level or mainstream, doesn't mean it's not super enjoyable. In fact, if a show has widely loved it usually means it's doing a lot of things right that most shows don't. And both My Hero Academia AND Attack On Titan are widely enjoyed, so clearly on some level they're both well done.

Also silly to call my reasoning flimsy with nothing to back that up. Most people seem to agree that some sort of significant quality increase happened considering the show jumped over a hundred ranks compared to the other seasons lol (granted it will of course fall down a bit). Let's be real the main reason Attack On Titan caught on is a really great concept, a solid enough plot to hold said concept up, and a big visual/audio budget so that the more powerful moments and remember the show as being better than it otherwise was). If I had to be more specific on why I think the jump actually happened, it's that when I say the writing is a lot better I mean that the characters have gone from a lot more one dimensional and often illogical in their actions to being a lot more complex and believable and most importantly compelling in the viewer reacting to and anticipating their actions, like blondy captain is a shit boring character in the other seasons, in this one he hasn't been especially in the latest episode where he was truly awesome to watch lead his men. Not to mention just on a general level the writing is better like them pausing the action at all the right moments for the right amount of time or how the little speeches each episode are so much more hype and fun lol.

Also why did Steins;Gate get you all pissy lol nobody said it was complex (it's ranked higher than the current season of Attack On Titan btw lol), it's no more complex than something like Death Note, but once again, both popular shows for a reason; because the vast majority of people would agree they're really fun. Also how is that the second most objectionable thing in my favorites list lol? If you're gonna attack my tastes and say anything I say is invalid because of them, point out the fact Kaguya sama was on there lol I'm a sucker for gooey non-harem romantic comedies haha. Or Kill La Kill which is technically ecchi trash haha (although I'd definitely argue the contrary). Although I could have some crappy Idol show as my #1 favorite and it wouldn't really matter or make my opinion any less valid, people like what they like.
KyotosomoMay 22, 2019 12:50 AM
May 22, 2019 12:48 AM

Jun 2017
keragamming said:
Esquirtit said:
They all had issues I don't think you can safely say one more than the other. What I mean by production is the overall quality that has been produced, not the issues behind them.

@weebover9000 I don't read the manga so I have no idea. I would say so far the world of AoT is quite complex but the way it is told not that much. My problem is with OP saying that this season (s3 p2) has better writing than the earlier seasons and it feeling different from the manga. I just want to know why this season in particular has changed and why it doesn't feel like the manga author wrote it. Because I don't see it

The way how it is told may not feel complex too you, simple because it hasn't told the complex part yet.

You will understand what I am saying by the end of this season.

@IdleSolution

By looking at your ratings it seems the more complex the season becomes the lower you score it, if that is the case I predict by the end of the season you are going to rate this season a 1/10 and the seasons to follow will also be rated a 1/10.

You are right and there is a simple reason behind it - aot doesnt make any sense and the deeper they go the worse it is. It was fine as a fighting show where you could chill and watch people kill titans but when they try to bring politics and other stuff it becomes ridiculous

May 22, 2019 12:57 AM

Apr 2019
@IdleSolution except it makes perfect sense so everything you say is invalid

what you are saying is basically like saying gravity doesnt exist
it just does exist

both are indisputable facts
its a written rule in the universe that it makes sense and if u are incapable of grasping that it just means your brain isn't capable of dissecting the information and putting it together

OR you have not read the manga and therefore do not have access to all the information

IdleSolution said:

You are right and there is a simple reason behind it - aot doesnt make any sense and the deeper they go the worse it is. It was fine as a fighting show where you could chill and watch people kill titans but when they try to bring politics and other stuff it becomes ridiculous

If you want to watch braindead Combat go back to JoJo's or Dragonball

@Kyotosomo how can you call AOT surface Level and then give Neverland a 10?
These Shows use the exact same type of Storytelling and have the same amount of complexity
Nim0174May 22, 2019 1:09 AM
You son of a .. turtle

May 22, 2019 1:52 AM

Apr 2018
Nah The first season of AOT will always be my favourite.
May 22, 2019 1:54 AM
May 2019
Kyotosomo said:
when it's very clear that most people would disagree with you (as they clearly do in this thread) considering the one season both shows finally overlapped,
My Hero Academia was watched by more people and rated higher per person
Most people seem to agree
but once again, both popular shows for a reason
because the vast majority of people

So your reasoning is based on just because other people say so. The majority has to be right. Ok... What a NPC way to go about it.

Kyotosomo said:

characters have gone from a lot more one dimensional and often illogical in their actions to being a lot more complex and believable

Again you didn't cite anything specific from the series itself you just say it has these bad qualities based on whatever vague impression you have of the story. If you had paid any attention to the story you'd see those qualities you praise Erwin for having this season aren't anything new and have been there from the start. The only point you kind of made was that the pacing is better because??? Apparently it does things at the right moments now compared to before where it didn't do things at the right moments because??? But how is this season's pacing any different from the previous seasons exactly? Anyways it seems like you have no interest in making any kind of convincing argument and instead feel more than comfortable in simply attaching yourself to a large group of headnodders to assert the validity of your position.
May 22, 2019 2:24 AM

Jan 2009
Esquirtit said:
It's certainly not in the production lol.

you are underestimating the talented staff of Attack on Titan heck its like a miracle despite the tight production time they still manage to make the quality as good as this especially the direction or execution of the story, compared to One Punch Man season 2 that has no talented staff and not enough production time you will clearly see the difference in execution or presentation of the story alone
May 22, 2019 2:33 AM

Mar 2018
Zoroft said:
Esquirtit said:
I didn't miss it
Aside from the characters who were already in the Survey Corps no one
NO ONE

...moments later...

I'm talking about the main characters.

Nice moving the goalposts now that I provided evidence to the contrary of what you said. I take it you gave up on the Armin's confidence being inconsistent part of your argument? You clearly missed that. Your posts are very scatter-brained and lack any logical flow. You go from one thing to another without any coherency. What does Armin having known about his parents' have to do with anything, how does that refute them being truth-seekers which was the whole reason I brought them up?

You just said the Eren and crew were bad characters a minute ago, now suddenly you claim that you "already said the characters in the Survey Corps are well done?" What??? Then you jump back to season three part one and say they weren't already fighting against those in power and mindlessly reiterate your point about "who cares about the journalist" again even though he was a person who seeked the truth which is why I brought him up to begin because YOU said NO ONE other than those already in the survey corp cared about find out the truth.

Your next point is that apparently without technology people can't be monitored which is so utterly stupid and ridiculous I don't know if it's even worth responding to, signifying just how completely ignorant you are. And then you jump to a point that wasn't even in the argument about Armin??? (I think but you didn't specify) being afraiiiid??? of seeking the truth and that's why he didn't develop as a character like what??? Then you throw out this claim that this "whole them was poor" as if you made any sense at all.
Jeez what a misunderstanding. I don't see how the journalist is even remotely close to being relevant when we're talking about Erwin, Eren, Armin and Mikasa etc. Military police and others searching for people who seek the truth doesn't really get explored in the anime, it seems much more of a thing that happened a lot before the Colossal Titan and Armoted Titan attacked. After all they let Eren get in the hands of Erwin and his crew, who they know research titans and go outside the walls

I said characters who were already in the Survey Corps in my first reply (Erwin, Hange ,Levi). These are characters who have always been searching for the truth

You mention Armin getting beat up in episode 1 because he talked about the benefits outside walls, to signify the banning of people who seek the truth behind walls.

But that's episode 1, years have passed since he joined the Survey Corps. At the Survey Corps there was enough room for him to question the place he lives in, same with all the other main and side characters who joined the Survey Corps. They aren't under surveillance after joinig them.

In s3 p1 they already fight against the government, which is why I don't think the journalist matters that much anymore. My complaints are with s1 and s2 not giving any of the main characters ( Eren, Armin, Mikasa) more depth, which makes s3 p1 in my eyes less interesting, because none of them ever contemplated about any of it. Not even connie and sasha who witnessed weird shit in their hometown. I know I'm not good in explaining myself but that's why I believe MHA is a better social drama.

Armin and his lack of confidence has been done since season 1 in heated situations. It's not even adressed by anyone else as an issue, which also doesn't make sense. His issues should already been dealt with.

As for Historia, the anime never really focused around her situation as a queen and what further implications it had, it was quickly left behind to get into this arc.

I don't really know what you mean with ''What does Armin having known about his parents' have to do with anything, how does that refute them being truth-seekers which was the whole reason I brought them up?''. I never said any of that. Maybe we both misread each others post making it more complicated than it already was, I know I did because you responded at posts of mine which werent aimed at you.

I never said Eren isn't heroic, his motivations and goals just aren't explored beyond I WANT TO EXTERMINATE EVERY GOD DAMN TITAN. Which isn't much compared to Deku. Not that it's too much of an issue in AoT, just something which makes MHA a better social drama.

Because being a hero gives a lot of responsibilities and complications

''So does everybody who's an adult, so what?"
It's explored in MHA, not in AoT. Aside from Erwin who I find the only actual good character for a story such as AoT.

''This sounds like you just strung up whatever you could and threw in "lacks depth" to make it sound like you have a point, but there's zero logic to this statement.
Killing titans for revenge is not heroic because you live like animals in a cage?
So because you live like animals in a cage, killing titans is not heroic...
People living like animals in a cage cannot be heroic by killing titans
Um what? killing titans is still their decision, they don't have to go out there, they can choose to live in complacency.''

That's not what I meant though honestly, just that Erens goal was to kill all titans, not to become a hero. Deku's motivations and goal get much more explored than Eren's. Which is why I said I had s1 Eren stuck in my mind, because in s2 he does realise he was being a fool

''Yeah I know a lot people who are very confident in themselves even though they are completely clueless but they got a big mouth, they tend to be very self-centered. I think people are stupid because they make stupid assertions with either incoherent logic or no logic at all and end up making a fool out of themselves.''

Yeah I'm sure I haven't elaborated enough on my ideas on AoT but it's hard for me, it's been a while since I've watched it.

edit: @Zoroft Military police and others searching for people who seek the truth doesn't really get explored in the anime, it seems much more of a thing that happened a lot before the Colossal Titan and Armoted Titan attacked. After all they let Eren get in the hands of Erwin and his crew, who they know research titans and go outside the walls
EsquirtitMay 22, 2019 2:49 AM
poop
May 22, 2019 3:29 AM
May 2019
@Kyotosomo

Comparing AOT to SAO is a bit harsh to AOT
May 22, 2019 3:33 AM
May 2019
@Esquirtit

Too bad you dont read the manga because (spoilerish statement incoming?) Eren does evolve past that mindset and becomes much more deep as a character along with a few others. Also love how ya ignored my response to you about Armin,GG. btw a big reason why people look past the lack of character development in this anime (even though there is some, just not a lot until later arcs), is because the story relies on the plot, not the characters like mha does, not saying thats a negative thing on MHAs part or better thing on SNKs part, its just how SNK has always been story telling wise. Besides, the two of them are so universally different in terms of telling their story its kinda odd to be comparing the two imo
Weebover9000May 22, 2019 3:43 AM
May 22, 2019 7:02 AM

Aug 2012
This thread has a lot of confused people
You guys have to understand that shingeki no kyojin is not a story supposed to be divided in seasons

Day 0: Colossal titan breaks the wall in trost district.
5 Days later: Eren is under military trial.
1 month later: expedition outside the walls where annie appears.

some days later: they capture annie and she hides in a crystal
Meanwhile beast titan appears. The same day annie is fighting against eren in Stohess District, the events of season 2 are already happening.
And so 3 days later: eren activates the cordinate power.
7 days later: the events of season 3 start.

(season 2 takes 10 days)

12 days later after season 3 starts: historia is queen.
2 months later after historia is crowned: the events of season 3 part 2 start

(season 3 takes 12 days, but there is a timeskip of 2 months in the last 2 episodes)

Summing up.
Its only been 4 months since eren transformed into a titan back in season 1.
This confuses a lot of people because we are in 2019 and this was way back in 2013.
But the truth is that only 4 month have passed.

Shingeki no kyojin is supposed to be binge-watched.
FunsecoMay 22, 2019 7:06 AM
May 22, 2019 7:05 AM
May 2019
@Funseco

Im pretty sure Connie reminds the viewers it hasnt been that long since they were cadets at the end of S3 part 1 with the whole "Its only been four months, but look at us, already in squad Levi." to Eren.
May 22, 2019 7:36 AM
Apr 2019
IdleSolution said:
keragamming said:

The way how it is told may not feel complex too you, simple because it hasn't told the complex part yet.

@IdleSolution

By looking at your ratings it seems the more complex the season becomes the lower you score it, if that is the case I predict by the end of the season you are going to rate this season a 1/10 and the seasons to follow will also be rated a 1/10.

Clearly u wanted a new dragon ball anime and aot was one of them but not anymore so u will give this anime 1/10. How did u gave death note a 10 even it has no action scenes? "the more deeper it goes it becomes worse" lol your statement was dumb af. And how does aot doesn't make any sense when they literally tells u for 2-3 mins how reiner survived that hit from levi?
May 22, 2019 8:41 AM

Oct 2013
IdleSolution said:
keragamming said:

@IdleSolution

How does it not make any sense? Think of it like this, you are on planet earth but you have no idea why at certain times the sun is out while on other times it gets dark and the moon can be seen, you are ignorant to what is going on around you.

It is the same for snk, the audience and characters are ignorant to their world and there is a lot of mysteries surrounding their world, then you as the audience and characters find out things like random titan attacks are not actually random and that it is all orchestrated and that there is more to this world than meets the eye.

If you look at it like that, I think you would start enjoying the series more, the basic problem I have realise with persons that don't like these changes is that they can't get over the fact that the series is not what they thought it was.

I would recommend you to drop the series if you can't get over these things, because by time it reaches season 4 the series will feel like a completely different series.

May 22, 2019 9:42 AM

Feb 2018
This arc was by far my favorite in the manga too.
May 22, 2019 10:25 AM

Mar 2014
This arc and the next are what elevates AOT from a good story to a great one. We've yet to get to it, but people will see why so many people fall in love with the story after this arc.
May 22, 2019 3:03 PM
May 2019
Esquirtit said:

It's explored in MHA, not in AoT. Aside from Erwin who I find the only actual good character for a story such as AoT.

It's not explored in MHA at all, they had one scene with the police chief I think and it was all handwaved away because Deku has All Might for a sugardaddy so those things don't even matter. And just because AoT doesn't go "and now we're talking about this subject kids" like MHA doesn't mean it's not there, you just have to identify it for yourself because those things are woven much more intricately into the story than MHA. In episode 5, Mikasa wanted to go with Eren to protect him but couldn't because her responsibility was to prioritize the evacuation of the Trost people which resulted in Eren getting eating, that's complication. Pixis had to maneuver around a noble and feed his ego when playing chess even that's complication. In Episode 7 when the cadets ran out of gas, Jean had to assume command and allow some of his comrades to be eaten to complete the mission which he was assumed responsibility for. When the garrison thought Eren was an enemy titan and Armin had to try and convince them otherwise. When Pixis had to make up a story about Eren being a gov't weapon to convince all the troops who wanted to run away. When Erwin formulated a plan to take the responsibility for Eren in military court and manipulate the other branches into being ok with that. The list goes on and on. AoT has way more of these complications where they have to sway public opinion and maneuver around the gov't than MHA which simply states there are these things but doesn't even explore them at all.

Esquirtit said:

At the Survey Corps there was enough room for him to question the place he lives in, same with all the other main and side characters who joined the Survey Corps.

Why would he being asking there? The survey corps mission is to go outside the walls and gather new info which is what he was doing, you make no fucking sense. Armin getting beaten up was to show the kind of attitude people had inside the walls towards those who wanted to seek the truth, just like those guys who were shitting on the scouts complaining about how they''re just a waste of tasxes.

Esquirtit said:

That's not what I meant though honestly, just that Erens goal was to kill all titans, not to become a hero. Deku's motivations and goal get much more explored than Eren's. Which is why I said I had s1 Eren stuck in my mind, because in s2 he does realise he was being a fool

How does Deku's motivation get explored much further, this is just an empty statement that is incorrect. Eren's goal evolves as the series goes on his initial goal of wanting to kill all the titans was because of his rage, but it's not like that was his only goal, he had a goal even before that for why he wanted to join the scouts which is to seek the truth beyond the walls and be free. The rage thing simply took the front seat for a bit after understandingly his mom getting eaten. Eren's motivation is far more complex than Deku's who wanted to be a hero just cause he wanted to be AWESOME too like All Might. And as the series goes on and Eren gains further understanding about the situation, his perspective consistently develops beginning with Annie who was his friend, he couldn't believe that she was a titan and had to overcome that inner conflict to fight her. It hurt him so much he became self-destructive while fighting Annie, in the end he still saw Annie as a person with feelings and couldn't eat/kill her. Same thing with Reiner and Bert, and then later instead of wanting to kill them he re-focuses on grabbing information from them so he can understand the world he's fighting in better. Then after finding out that Titans are people too like Ymi, he wonders about what they are actually fighting out there. And of course when he finds out that he couldn't use the founding titan's power properly, he blames himself for all the destruction that happened and gives himself up to be eaten so someone better suited for the task could take over.

Esquirtit said:

edit: @Zoroft Military police and others searching for people who seek the truth doesn't really get explored in the anime, it seems much more of a thing that happened a lot before the Colossal Titan and Armoted Titan attacked. After all they let Eren get in the hands of Erwin and his crew, who they know research titans and go outside the walls

How much do you want it to get explored? What is this vague statement.

Esquirtit said:
it seems much more of a thing that happened a lot before the Colossal Titan and Armoted Titan attacked

Season 3 part 1 happend after that and is full of the military police offing people left and right and backstories on a bunch of our main characters who were affected by that.
May 22, 2019 5:36 PM

Apr 2009
@Zoroft

Thank you for reminding me of all the good moments I love about this anime. It was a really good refresher but I don't think you should keep going back and forth with that guy (unless you've just got the time). The effort being put into the conversation is very imbalanced and frankly is unfair. You're providing specific, clear and concise examples to back up your claims while also providing counterexamples to refute theirs. I can't exactly say the same for the other party.

@Funseco

Wow, I hadn't realized that. That puts a lot more into perspective. Thank you.
May 22, 2019 5:52 PM

Feb 2019
One thing really stood out to me. When Beast Titan is throwing his first round of pebbles at the survey corps veterans and you see this eruption of dust and shingles and blood, that was better than I envisioned while reading the manga. In so many anime, environmental destruction is just a cosmetic afterthought, but this looked like the aftermath of a natural disaster.
May 22, 2019 7:03 PM

Mar 2018
@Zoroft

Yeah ofc, because MHA doesn't have any situations where characters are in complicated situations, come on. Enough times do characters suddenly have to take the lead or make striking decisions. In AoT all of the characters fight a war and have to fear for their lives, MHA takes place in school most of the time. The difference is in the way the story is told yes, but that's exactly why they aren't explored as much, because it doesn't take time to flesh out the characters. It's much more plot driven, especially in s1, where we dont know anything about the characters who are nobles or in the government. That part with the garisson was just a hype moment for Armin. How can you say it's explored when it's so one-sided. MHA is much more focused on what it means to be a hero in a world where you can be one as a profession, and making use of your quirk. AoT is about war and with so much mystery going doesn't even have the time to properly go into it.Just my opinion so whatever, I just don't see as much behind it as you do

You're the one brought up the banning of seeking truth inside the walls as a reason why the characters do not question and think about their world, which would make for a better drama. That's why I got confused and pissed off when you implied I didnt understand why Erwins and Armins parents died, I just didnt see how that correlated to the characters who I was talking about (Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Connie, Sasha, Jean). I just would've liked them to see more of their perspectives on what's happening around them and think the anime didn't do that enough.

Yeah you're right about Eren even tho you're doing Deku dirty. Eren's development just feels pretty slow when you think about how much he went through, could've gotten more focus. For example him hesitating to attack Annie came out of nowhere, they already fought and it's not like the relationship between these two was strong. The anime never gives much reason why Eren has such a hard time accepting his former friends are his enemies, even when provided with evidence. It just took a while and now that you go over it again I do agree with you more. It all comes from his desire to free the people from titans, the fact they are humans too is a blow in the face. But still he's a titan shifter himself he should've come to enlightenment earlier considering the people around him

I don't remember a lot from s3 p1, didnt like it enough to care about what was happening with Erwin and overthrowing the governemnt, Eren getting kidnapped again also didn't help. Just enjoyed the action scenes with some new backstories and knowledge solely regarding titans. Some fresh new good characters too like Kenny and some other dude
poop
May 22, 2019 8:08 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Weebover9000 said:
@Kyotosomo

Comparing AOT to SAO is a bit harsh to AOT

Fair enough lol but you get my point, silly for somebody to call MHA mainstream and consumable yet view AOT as being anything different. Obviously AOT isn't completely devoid of depth the same way SAO is, but it's right alongside SAO (and shows like MHA and One Punch) in being mainstream enough that a super wide audience was able to enjoy it and use it as a stepping stone to get into the anime the same way so many did with SAO around that same time. As said I don't think there's anything wrong with a show not being deep or complex, whatever it needs to do to be the most fun and enjoyable is all that really matters. And I know SAO gets a bad rap in the community (for obvious reasons) but considering it was such a monumentally impactful show on the industry being a huge reason why it's shaped the way it is today; I don't really consider comparing a show to it insulting even if you tried to compare it to like Tatami Galaxy or something lol.

@nim0174 A show doesn't need to be complex or layered to get a ten or some other high score lol. I mean shit the VAST majority of anime is not complex, if you're looking to the medium of anime for something intellectually stimulating you're in the wrong medium. Not to say there aren't rare shows like Serial Experiments Lane or Welcome To The NHK that do offer pretty smart and layered writing, but there are very few shows like that and they usually aren't more entertaining that something that's just simple dumb fun (it's rare you get like a Mob Psycho 100 season two that strikes such a masterful balance between fun and thought provoking). Now a show like Promised Neverland or the similar Made In Abyss do contrary to what you think have a few layers (still far from being complex though) and execute on certain themese well, but any level of depth they offer is just a small bonus. Shows like those two are held in high regards because of their fantastic execution of atmosphere not to mention a very gripping plot / characters (or if you want to be more cynical a lot of people just find the contrast of putting young child characters in such adult situations interesting television).

I also on a more general note of certain sentiments I saw in this thread, disagree with the idea layered complex shows that aren't simply dumb fun can't go mainstream. I mean shit possibly the most popular and critically acclaimed show of this century so far was Breaking Bad; and you literally can't get any more layered than a show like that like no team will ever put in that level of attention to detail ever again haha. It's just depth is far from a requirement to make a good show (although it's certainly never not appreciated, I mean it's not like it really ever gets in the way of one's viewing experience unless it's prioritized over other aspects of the show).
May 22, 2019 8:43 PM
May 2017
I must say this thread is much more politeful than I thought.
May 22, 2019 9:20 PM
May 2019
Esquirtit said:

Yeah ofc, because MHA doesn't have any situations where characters are in complicated situations, come on.

You're the one that said MHA had more responsibilities and complications, you can't even keep your arguments straight. AoT is both plot driven AND character driven it's not a zero sum game here, you're just parroting talking points you heard.
Esquirtit said:
in s1, where we dont know anything about the characters who are nobles or in the government.

We know enough that's relevant to the situation for it to play out coherently. We saw the wall cult guy. We saw the nobles in episode 2 panic because they were complacent and didn't have recourse when the walls were destroyed. We saw how the refugees were treated by the gov't, 250,000 sent off gives us a pretty good indication of the type of gov't they are I'd say. We had Annie point out the contradiction in the recruitment process. All these things give good implication as to what kind of society they live in more than enough to feel like it's a lived in world, much more so than the empty one in MHA where none of it makes sense.
Esquirtit said:
That part with the garisson was just a hype moment for Armin.

Again you keep saying things without even substantiating why, very poor argumentation skills. That scene was a major character development point for Armin because before that he thought he was just dragging his friends down, but once Mikasa pointed out how useful he was when asked Hannes to go rescue them back in Episode 1, he understood that his friends weren't thinking of him like that and it was all just in his head. Which is what gave him confidence because he knew that his friends trusted and relied on him.
Esquirtit said:
How can you say it's explored when it's so one-sided. MHA is much more focused on what it means to be a hero in a world where you can be one as a profession, and making use of your quirk.

MHA likes to spew a lot of things about what it means to be a hero but it's all over the place and doesn't do a convincing job of it because everything in that show happens so conveniently and selectively it doesn't even matter what any of the characters do. It throws around tons of cliche platitudes that aren't built into the story at all and uses big flashy explosions along to sway you into believing it made some kind of a point but in the end it's just punching bad guys in the face to solve the problem.

Esquirtit said:
You're the one brought up the banning of seeking truth inside the walls as a reason why the characters do not question and think about their world, which would make for a better drama.

I mean if you know the people who do that are getting offed then you would try to steer clear of those types of actions. The point has made repeatedly over and over again the titans are too much of an obstacle, so the people inside the walls would rather eat ship and sleep inside the walls, similar to only going for the low hanging fruit because it's the most convenient.

Esquirtit said:
I just would've liked them to see more of their perspectives on what's happening around them and think the anime didn't do that enough.

It was well established in episode 1 where Eren, Mikasa and Armin stood and you consistently got to see their perspectives on what was happening around them every episode further, so I have no idea what you're talking about here. It sounds you just didn't pay attention to what was happening on screen or didn't process it all. Sasha had that backstory where it showed she just wanted to live in her homeland in the mountains and didn't care for outsiders. Jean is ok with things as they are as long he could have lived comfortably and benefited off the situation. Connie wanted to get a higher status by joining the military police. No one wants to go outside and face the titans because that's like suiicide in their world so they are complacent and would rather just try to live as comfortably as they can inside the walls because there are still plenty of luxuries they can take advantage of.

Esquirtit said:
Eren's development just feels pretty slow when you think about how much he went through, could've gotten more focus. they already fought and it's not like the relationship between these two was strong.

Eren went through most of this in like 4 months he didn't have the chance to sit down to process things and reflect on them, it was one thing after another. Still each of previous experiences affected his next decision, you could see throughtout the series Eren gradually being better at controlling his emotions and not be so direct with his approach.
Esquirtit said:
they already fought and it's not like the relationship between these two was strong.

When they fought before as titans Eren didn't know it was Annie so I don't know why you think that matters. The anime flashed through the training parts but they were still recruits who slept under the same roof for three yhears and it was implied that Eren trained with Annie in hand to hand each day. You could see how desperate Eren was to have Annie come down the steps in episode 23 because he didn't want to believe it. And remember they don't have any idea how titans are made so you're expecting him to jump to conclusions, besides in MHA I don't think they even know where quirks came from or what exactly are they even and those things are never explored at all.

Esquirtit said:

I don't remember a lot from s3 p1, didnt like it enough to care about what was happening

Some people like playing chess and some people don't because that kind of process doesn't interest them, but that doesn't the game being played isn't good.

Just want to say your overgeneralizing is highly dishonest, you sound like a teen know-it-all who heard some talking points and he thinks he knows what it's all about. BB isn't even more complex than GOT, it was a good tv show but if you think that's layered and complex you may as well think inception is too.
ZoroftMay 22, 2019 10:09 PM
May 24, 2019 1:21 AM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
@Zoroft When your only counter argument is name calling that's a pretty good sign you've lost the argument lol. As for what I said about Breaking Bad that's not even up for debate haha it's pretty much universally agreed upon in both the critic sphere AND the public sphere.

@Nim0174 Surprising to hear you care so little considering how riled up you were by the thought anybody could see Attack On Titan as anything but a masterpiece. I can tell you're clearly correct by how you devolved to name calling and had to rage quit the argument; clearly a sign of an intellectual. Oh how could I not see how small minded I was being, Attack On Titan is clearly the greatest anime of our time.

Danpmss said:
Nim0174 said:
@Kyotosomo most of what you say is just bullshit
better keep believing the nonsense you are spouting
not even gonna bother arguing with an ignorant imbecile like you

I disagree with his statements, as I'm pretty sure he doesn't really will have any idea about how complex the series was setting itself up to be from the start (and will only have the opportunity to do so by either reading the manga or watching the final episodes of this season).

However I would say going full adhominem on him won't help you win any arguments in here. In fact, it might earn you a ban, so you should probably not do that.

Yes, a show watched and understood by hundreds of thousands if not millions of young kids is clearly too complex for my comprehension. Nah, I read the manga, nothing revealed after the reaching the basement or shown in the extensive time they spent focusing on Marley were all that deep nor mind blowing. If anything people will find the reveals at the end of the season disappointing. So they should enjoy how well executed the journey there will be.
May 25, 2019 12:41 PM
Sep 2018
Kyotosomo said:
Like I'm talking a MASSIVE jump in quality. Like whilst I've always enjoyed the show, I've also always found it to be incredibly overrated and nothing more than just solid; a decent but fairly typical Shonen (outside its unique premise).

But for some reason I've found this season to be absolutely gripping and an absolutely fantastic watch; and that's DESPITE the fact all the best arcs were already used up in past seasons and I already know everything that's going to happen before it actually happens (due to reading the manga although to be fair I have forgotten a couple things like the Armored titan recovering still caught me off guard this episode). Yet this season, in terms of quality, it's just ridiculous like it doesn't even feel like the same show and heck it definitely doesn't feel like it's written by the mangaka (who certainly has never displayed writing anywhere even near this good in the manga especially after it went to crap like fifty chapters ago when they found the basement). I thought maybe I could be remember wrong but nope, I went to watch a few older episodes from each of the past seasons and they are clearly of a lower quality level, so I just have no clue what happened or why I am enjoying this season so much more. Feels like it went from a 7 to a 9 or an 8 to a 10.

I don't know, I'm just wondering, am I the only one who feels like the show has seen a huge jump in quality this season? Like anybody who wasn't all that impressed by the show but has been by this season?

Aot animation has gotten a lot of improvement. But I can say all of the seasons are great. They're great in the year they've been made so it's 10/10 for me for every seasons.
May 25, 2019 12:50 PM

Oct 2017
Wow this thread got pretty toxic lol (why did this turn into a MHA vs AOT thread). As for the tread topic yeah not just you RTS was the arc that started to really escalate AOT for me. I always did like it but this was when the story started to really uptrend with regards to the writing. The next arcs then started to go to another level if it gets a good ending it might surpass FMAB as my favorite action shonen.
May 29, 2019 10:36 AM

Mar 2018
Zoroft said:
You're the one that said MHA had more responsibilities and complications, you can't even keep your arguments straight. AoT is both plot driven AND character driven it's not a zero sum game here, you're just parroting talking points you heard.

Yeah from from the characters their point of view, they want to become professional heroes and are learning to do so. All those examples you used of AoT are situations in which the characters already went through military training and had enough knowledge, and it's not like the characters of MHA face the same kind of conflicts. This why I before I knew it fucked up by trying to put the two against each other and tried to stop further going into it.

Mikasa had her own mission to do and is a soldier, at that point Eren wasn't even any more important than any other soldier, her wanting to protect Eren is pretty much her only life goal and with that mind it reaches the level of mental illnes to even think thousands of lives might be less important. Like sociopathic shit

When Armin had to convince Eren wasn't the enemy we had no idea why the fuck that guy didn't want to listen to anything, pretty convenient for a hype moment. If there was anyone else with common sense in command there would'nt have been a shouting match. Pixis came in and boom problem solved.

Pixis having to make up a story also didn't have as much complication since Eren can actually turn into a Titan. He's a comander, pretty old so enough experience, a full fledged leader. Again way different type of conflict than stuff in AoT.

That leaves Erwin who again is the only one actively being portrayed by the story of having the most internal conflict and who takes the most responsibility for humanity. But still everyone so far who opposed him was one dimensonial, so I don't see how much is explored when it goes over it so quickly to move forward. All other characters are fairly simple and in no way more explored than characters in MHA. Erwin kamisama subarashiii

I clearly said ''much more plot driven'' don't why you try to imply I said otherwise

Zoroft said:
We know enough that's relevant to the situation for it to play out coherently. We saw the wall cult guy. We saw the nobles in episode 2 panic because they were complacent and didn't have recourse when the walls were destroyed. We saw how the refugees were treated by the gov't, 250,000 sent off gives us a pretty good indication of the type of gov't they are I'd say. We had Annie point out the contradiction in the recruitment process. All these things give good implication as to what kind of society they live in more than enough to feel like it's a lived in world, much more so than the empty one in MHA where none of it makes sense.

But it's still one-sided if we don't follow any of the characters in the government or of royalty. We only get to see soldiers on the frontline. It's only a good implication indeed, and it's well established but not explored. We get to know the good and the bad on a superficial level. It's just a more interesting setting than MHA because we take it as humantity's last fortress. In MHA we follow characters who go to a school where they train superheroes so if it feels less lived in to you that's not a fact either but just an opinion. We get to know how much impact All Might and other superheroes affected society. The difference with AoT is that we constantly follow superheroes in training so we gradually come to know more about their job and influence.

Zoroft said:
Again you keep saying things without even substantiating why, very poor argumentation skills. That scene was a major character development point for Armin because before that he thought he was just dragging his friends down, but once Mikasa pointed out how useful he was when asked Hannes to go rescue them back in Episode 1, he understood that his friends weren't thinking of him like that and it was all just in his head. Which is what gave him confidence because he knew that his friends trusted and relied on him.

Yeah I already said what I think of it, it's still a hype moment though. It's true that it developed his character but not really with any longevity and the reason why I feel about it that way is because throughout s1 and s2 he has done nothing but been a major asset to the Survey Corps due to his intelligence. In this season he finally gets recognized and is allowed to take people under his command and suddenly his mind went blank again in a heated situation without any justification, last episode was pretty lit though due to that so I don't have much problems with it. From this point on is where people say the characters really start to grow so I'm curious how differently AoT will handle its characters. Probably a weird opinion but I got tired of how Armin's lack of confidence has been used in the story

Zoroft said:
MHA likes to spew a lot of things about what it means to be a hero but it's all over the place and doesn't do a convincing job of it because everything in that show happens so conveniently and selectively it doesn't even matter what any of the characters do. It throws around tons of cliche platitudes that aren't built into the story at all and uses big flashy explosions along to sway you into believing it made some kind of a point but in the end it's just punching bad guys in the face to solve the problem.

Lol we get to see what you have to go through to become a superhero in the most prestigious school. They have to pass tests to pass their year, I don't even think one year has passed yet so there can only be more exploration. There was an apprentice ship, multiple physical exams and some festival which showed how popular they are to the public and how much they are needed. There's a lot but I think what you mean by explore you're talking about the philosophical value of something so I understand that the concept of AoT has more going for fit, especially if the story gets as good people say after this season

Zoroft said:
I mean if you know the people who do that are getting offed then you would try to steer clear of those types of actions. The point has made repeatedly over and over again the titans are too much of an obstacle, so the people inside the walls would rather eat ship and sleep inside the walls, similar to only going for the low hanging fruit because it's the most convenient.

We don't follow characters who stay behind the walls and have accepted that way of thinking

Zoroft said:
It was well established in episode 1 where Eren, Mikasa and Armin stood and you consistently got to see their perspectives on what was happening around them every episode further, so I have no idea what you're talking about here. It sounds you just didn't pay attention to what was happening on screen or didn't process it all. Sasha had that backstory where it showed she just wanted to live in her homeland in the mountains and didn't care for outsiders. Jean is ok with things as they are as long he could have lived comfortably and benefited off the situation. Connie wanted to get a higher status by joining the military police. No one wants to go outside and face the titans because that's like suiicide in their world so they are complacent and would rather just try to live as comfortably as they can inside the walls because there are still plenty of luxuries they can take advantage of.

This is all s1 first half though? Which brings another point, they all decided to join the Survey Corps and it was a crucial moment in their life. Eren had no choice as a titan shifter and wanted to join anyway, Mikasa and Armin following him is only natural. But the other characters never really make sense and aren't fleshed out to enough, it's like they didnt even think it through but considering the world they live and earlier motivations and goals it all just contradicts. They have as much development as background soldiers who died, allowed to live to give the cast a little bit more life and diversity. s3 p1 is where I think a lot more could've been done with them because that's where their whole view of world changes, that's what I mean with showing their perspectives on what they've discovered

Zoroft said:
Eren went through most of this in like 4 months he didn't have the chance to sit down to process things and reflect on them, it was one thing after another. Still each of previous experiences affected his next decision, you could see throughtout the series Eren gradually being better at controlling his emotions and not be so direct with his approach.

Yeah I wrote to fast without thinking about it and with the little amount of screentime he had I didn't rethink all my memories of him so far

Zoroft said:
When they fought before as titans Eren didn't know it was Annie so I don't know why you think that matters. The anime flashed through the training parts but they were still recruits who slept under the same roof for three yhears and it was implied that Eren trained with Annie in hand to hand each day. You could see how desperate Eren was to have Annie come down the steps in episode 23 because he didn't want to believe it. And remember they don't have any idea how titans are made so you're expecting him to jump to conclusions, besides in MHA I don't think they even know where quirks came from or what exactly are they even and those things are never explored at all.

But the second time they meet they already made a plan to catch her, he has spoken to all the other Survey Corps members. Everyone else understands she's the enemy, she killed a few hundred of soldiers. He's a titan shifter himself so to find it unbelievable the other ones could be enemies was a little bit too much imo. With Reiner and Berthold they already went over it again and with concrete evidence it would make more sense to instantly attack them (that time on top of the wall). Mikasa the crazy one understood it. I get it's because he views titans at the biggest threat and figuring out they were humans all along is confusing so I don't think it's bad just a complaint of mine which makes him stand out less as a MC

Zoroft said:
Some people like playing chess and some people don't because that kind of process doesn't interest them, but that doesn't the game being played isn't good.

True, I believe it'll only get better now anyway. Last season just left a bad taste in my mouth and waiting for so long to get back to the story made me hate it more, reading could have been a better choice. There's only like 8 episodes that deal with politics behind the walls, half of each episode's runtime had to with the secret behind titans. It all feels rushed and convoluted by being solved so quickly without giving time to propely flesh out the characters that created this place. So it's not that I really think it's bad just disappointed that some points could've been much better

Btw I decited to wait with a reply because at the time of arguing I was getting too toxic and some other users too. Was sleepy most of the day so got pissed pretty fast

poop
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.